Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 1, 2019 7:04 AM

Dec 2016
laviha said:
Fire Force

seconding this - inferno's a bop and doesn't deserved to be remembered alongside such a bland plot
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 1, 2019 8:34 AM

May 2018
Is anyone going to mention WataMote? Love that show to bits, but the OP is too good for it.
Also, maybe Mekakucity Actors.

...𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚝𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚜!

Sep 1, 2019 8:46 AM

Oct 2015
Psycho Pass 2 - Enigmatic Feeling
Mo Dao Zu Shi - Zui Meng Qian Chen

Both are top 20 OP's material. Shows themselves, why aren't you as good?
Sep 1, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2018
Elfen Lied. And Denpa Onna no Seishun
Sep 1, 2019 9:01 AM
Mar 2018
Elfen Lied and Nanatsu no Taizai (op 2,4)
Sep 1, 2019 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
Kantai collection. The whole anime was nothing special in the least but has an opening this glorious:

I'd also add the opening for Angel Beats, Erased, and then pretty much every single Fairy Tail opening.

Sep 1, 2019 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
Domestic Kanojo

Koi to Uso

and maybe Yosuga no Sora
Sep 1, 2019 9:52 AM

Apr 2019
Toaru Majutsu no Index season 3. The music is great but season 3 is meh...
Sep 1, 2019 9:55 AM

May 2019
Hm. I think you refer to liking OP songs better than the actual show? Or them not fitting the show in a way? I'm just gonna include both in my listing.

Angel Beats - the opening song is beautiful. The Anime is confusing, rushed and meh.

Charlotte - again, beautiful. Fits the overall theme of the Anime but while the show's general idea is great, 12 episodes were too short. I file this show under 'wasted potential'.

Tokyo Ghoul - as many have already metioned. The sound track is wayyy too good for this Anime. With the exception of the first season maybe. Glassy Sky... *cries*

Absolute Duo - what even is this show? The OP is really good. Why?

Fire Force - can't say I hate this show but I do not find it great. But I love the OP, sooo... I guess it is kinda bound to be on this posts.

Aldnoah.Zero - I love the first OP but... why this Anime? Just. Why. Worldbuilding is crap, characters are bland or horribly written or idiotic or all three things at the same time. Except maybe Marito. Also I just don't understand why they chose a song like that for an Anime about battles in space? Although that surely depends on the person but I find this song to be more fitting for... espionage or something.

Akuma no Riddle - the Opening is fitting and while the premise sounded like Assassination Classroom but the target is a student and with mainly girls as characters... I just did not like it. It just felt artificial to the point where I did not even care about any of the characters and was completely untouched by the twist at the end. The after credits scene made it even more pointless. Gotta wonder why I even finished it.

Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku - I'm just never touching the Vampire Anime Genre ever again. Kill it, just kill it with some damn fire, I'm begging you!
The Opening was fitting for a romance Anime and I grew to like it so much I added it to my Anime Playlist.
"Once I’ve become stronger, I won’t have to be this miserable."
"If you can’t see what’s important, then it’s because you’re too ashamed to open your eyes."

– Ganta Igarashi

Feel free to add me c:
Sep 1, 2019 10:29 AM

Jun 2015
Darling in the FranXX. That dumbass shitshow did not deserve one of HYDE's many masterpieces.
Sep 1, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2013
Hm, it may have to be Little Busters! in my experience.

The OP convinced me to stay glued to the end. Didn't feel as impressed with the series as compared to how pumped I used to get listening to this. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8--74pgXLpQ
Truly a Divine Comedy
Sep 1, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2019
Isekai Cheat Magician, Ousama Game, Sword Art Online and Junji Ito Collection
Sep 1, 2019 11:47 AM

Aug 2015
Ousama Game The Animation, one of the worst anime I've ever seen and it has a coldrain song as an opening, such a waste.
Sep 1, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Fireforce. Hype OP for a plot with very generic characters. What a shame since it was the show I was most hyped for. After episode 1 I didnt feel like continuing, forced myself to watch the third, not impressed. It takes way more than hot women to get me to watch a show.

Tokyo ghoul. After the second opening, the show became so bad.

Naruto Shippuden. What a waste of the opening that played during the pain arc. Good song and visuals wasted on a very bad arc that could have been great.

Elfen lied. Good op on a stupid show.
Sep 1, 2019 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
Zetman
Another
Aoharu x Kikanjuu
Darker than black
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Sep 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Goblin Slayer. Sadly the best part of the series is the op, I dont dislike the adaptation that much though.
Sep 1, 2019 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
fREE!'s OP is way too good to be wasted on a filthy trash of a show as it was (the same goes for the ED).
Sep 1, 2019 1:18 PM

Aug 2015
Gintama have way too many good openings for what it is.

Naruto: I like Naruto, but holy hell does it have good openings in the worst arc of the series (the war).

Fire Force is trash at normal and mediocre at best.

To Aru Majutsu no index as well.

Kokkoku: I haven´t seen it, but people say it is average. However the opening is top notch.

Hellsing: The 12 episode anime is okay, but the opening is amazing.
Sep 1, 2019 1:36 PM

Aug 2018
Every season of SAO has a better OP than the actual show, by a very wide margin.

Shadow Skill too, to a lesser extent.
Sep 1, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2018
Bad/mediocre Anime with Awesome Ops:

Corpse Princess
Deadman Wonderland
Erased
Gangsta
Hellsing
Yona of the Dawn
Zankyou no Terror

Good/decent Anime with Legendary OPs:

Beck
Clannad After Story
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Made in Abyss
Nadia The Secret of Blue Water
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Soul Eater
Toradora!
BebopHakushoSep 1, 2019 2:19 PM
Sep 1, 2019 2:09 PM

Sep 2018
Corpse Party tortured souls, most definitely
Sep 1, 2019 2:14 PM

Jul 2019
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
It got good ops even though this anime sucked at the beginning wtf. Even now it got good openings with lonely go and golden time I would just say the anime is mediocre and I hope it gets more dark or good later in the series

Sep 1, 2019 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Guilty Crown and The Asterisk War. Absolute bangers.

Also possibly Kiznaiver. Best OP of its year.
Sep 1, 2019 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
The ones that come to mind are Divine Gate and Dimension W.
removed-userSep 2, 2019 2:07 AM
Sep 1, 2019 2:45 PM

Feb 2017
Kodo by nonoc from Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka is such a banger but the show is trash.
KING & ASHLEY is another great one that would've fit if only the adaptation wasn't such a letdown.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Sep 1, 2019 2:50 PM
May 2019
Ferien said:
Code Geass R2 opening 2 - World End

Digimon Adventure's English dub opening

Digimon English dub op was terrible. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to replace fantastic sound track that Digimon is know for with their trash.
Sep 1, 2019 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
happy sugar life
kyoukai no kanata
mirai nikki
owari no seraph

Sep 1, 2019 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Hand Shakers, this song is far too good for this show. The OP also doesn't make me feel like I'm getting motion sickness from the bad CG like the first couple episodes did.

https://animethemes.moe/video/HandShakers-OP1-NCBD1080.webm
Sep 1, 2019 4:32 PM

Sep 2014
Highschool of the dead. Hyped up opening for a harem ecchi show
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 1, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2017
I personally dislike BNHA but holy shit all its openings are fire

EDIT: Also never liked SnK very much but it has great openings and OSTs (I mean Sawano is Sawano)
Sep 1, 2019 4:35 PM

Aug 2018
Koi to Uso. Kanashii Ureshii is a fucking tune that I listen to a lot since it's on one of my spotify playlists.

Shame that the show fucking sucks with heaps of cliches and no progression in character or story. The opening was the only thing that was able to keep my attention toward the show for 8 episodes.
Sep 1, 2019 4:38 PM

May 2016
petran79 said:
Slayers Evolution and Revolution.
only the OP bears any resemblance to 90s Slayers awesomeness

Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Slayers Revolution-R had its moments...mostly in the 2nd half, but still. If anything, the slew of mediocre films didn't deserve such spectacular songs as "Feel Well" or "Midnight Blue."

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Sep 1, 2019 4:41 PM
Jun 2017
I have to go with guilty crown and Trinity seven
Sep 1, 2019 4:59 PM

Jul 2017
Easy choice, Fairy Tail. The music is so good and yet the story is so bland.
Sep 1, 2019 5:04 PM

Apr 2017
This thread is basically people putting down each others anime.
How productive :)

Sep 1, 2019 5:08 PM

Aug 2016
Long list. Some of them were not necesarily bad or mediocre since the beginning, but went really downhill eventually:

Hokuto no ken op 1
Gundam Z op 1
GUNDAM wing op 1
Kaguya sama
Cop craft
Gozenso sama (all of them)
Utena op 1
Jojos op 1 and 2
Megalobox
Power stone op 1
Sakigake otokojuku
Nadia
Tenchi muyo GXP
Escaflowne
Kakegurui op1

Funny thing, some of the best anime I have watched have boring or bad openings.
:v
Sep 1, 2019 5:10 PM

Mar 2018
black clover opening 3 and 4, drifters, and akuma no riddle come to mind for me.
and, i know its not an op, but the entire ost of flcl....

i get if ppl like the shows, bc i know shows like drifters and flcl just didnt vibe w me because the main themes or comedy. no shame if ppl like them, i also like shows others dont like. it just be like that
Sep 1, 2019 5:36 PM
Mar 2019
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalery, gakusen toshi asterix, irregular at magic highschool, arifureta, btoom, date a live, hidan no Aria AA, Kuzu no honkai etc... the list is way too long
Sep 1, 2019 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
An anime as god awful as Goblin Slayer doesn't deserve a Mili song as its OP.
Sep 1, 2019 6:53 PM
May 2019
Nerdanimefan1992 said:
One punch man- shit anime with good op
Attack on titan- another shit anime with good op

As for one punch man i feel the exact opposite shit op and wonderful anime
Sep 1, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2016
18if is in my head right now
All of their entire OP/ED is pretty hot

Sep 1, 2019 9:49 PM

Jul 2015
Future Diary had a cool op. Shame the anime didn't match up to it.
Sep 1, 2019 11:19 PM
Jan 2019
attack on titan especially season 3

a god tier singer like yoshiki and hyde doesnt deserve to sing for such a shitty anime like aot, seriously
Sep 2, 2019 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
Zelkiiro said:
petran79 said:
Slayers Evolution and Revolution.
only the OP bears any resemblance to 90s Slayers awesomeness

Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Slayers Revolution-R had its moments...mostly in the 2nd half, but still. If anything, the slew of mediocre films didn't deserve such spectacular songs as "Feel Well" or "Midnight Blue."

I was seriously considering dropping Revolution.Only the villain saved it. By then it was far too late to amend things in Evolution and even so
. First TV series did it so much better
Knight of the Aqualord manga had an original story based on a cancelled video game and was so much better
They tried to introduce a new audience to Slayers but failed miserably. New fantasy genres were starting to become popular during that time
Sep 2, 2019 1:42 AM

Feb 2019
youthful said:
The ones that come to mind are Divine Fate and Dimension W.

damn, never heard of either one, bangers huh?

E_Creator said:
Kodo by nonoc from Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka is such a banger but the show is trash.
KING & ASHLEY is another great one that would've fit if only the adaptation wasn't such a letdown.

generic magical girl shows? I'm down

Xstasy said:
Ferien said:
Code Geass R2 opening 2 - World End

Digimon Adventure's English dub opening

Digimon English dub op was terrible. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to replace fantastic sound track that Digimon is know for with their trash.

remind me which one was adventure, was that the one where they merge with digimon

Comander-07 said:
Highschool of the dead. Hyped up opening for a harem ecchi show

highschool of the dead is a banger tho mate

Kuro_Neko04 said:
I personally dislike BNHA but holy shit all its openings are fire

EDIT: Also never liked SnK very much but it has great openings and OSTs (I mean Sawano is Sawano)

That is pretty surprising, you rarely see people disliking that. I've never really got into it, but I watch the dub on cartoon network every Saturday and the OST bangs

Oussen said:
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalery, gakusen toshi asterix, irregular at magic highschool, arifureta, btoom, date a live, hidan no Aria AA, Kuzu no honkai etc... the list is way too long

Arifureta FACTS, it angers me so much that Flare is not available on Apple Music yet, wtf

lapontantot said:
attack on titan especially season 3

a god tier singer like yoshiki and hyde doesnt deserve to sing for such a shitty anime like aot, seriously

big oof... dunno what to say to that one

Myherodeku said:
Easy choice, Fairy Tail. The music is so good and yet the story is so bland.

I'm surprised Adult Swim never picked up Fairy Tail to show on Saturdays, seems like it would fit in well. I've never actually watched it

AnimeAnima said:
This thread is basically people putting down each others anime.
How productive :)

Welcome to the anime world mate, that's basically what every discussion involving anime is.

MichaelJackson said:
Long list. Some of them were not necesarily bad or mediocre since the beginning, but went really downhill eventually:

Hokuto no ken op 1
Gundam Z op 1
GUNDAM wing op 1
Kaguya sama
Cop craft
Gozenso sama (all of them)
Utena op 1
Jojos op 1 and 2
Megalobox
Power stone op 1
Sakigake otokojuku
Nadia
Tenchi muyo GXP
Escaflowne
Kakegurui op1

Funny thing, some of the best anime I have watched have boring or bad openings.

thanks for reminding me, isn't kakeguri on Netflix? gotta watch that some day

beminim said:
Fireforce. Hype OP for a plot with very generic characters. What a shame since it was the show I was most hyped for. After episode 1 I didnt feel like continuing, forced myself to watch the third, not impressed. It takes way more than hot women to get me to watch a show.

Naruto Shippuden. What a waste of the opening that played during the pain arc. Good song and visuals wasted on a very bad arc that could have been great.

fireforce's manga also started off slow and many dropped it after the first two arcs, all I can say is it gets god tier later on and I think the ratings will reflect that

Endust said:
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
It got good ops even though this anime sucked at the beginning wtf. Even now it got good openings with lonely go and golden time I would just say the anime is mediocre and I hope it gets more dark or good later in the series

Does it have a new OP now? I have not watched since 113, I can't deal with the bullshit filler

Pakumen- said:
Gintama have way too many good openings for what it is.

Naruto: I like Naruto, but holy hell does it have good openings in the worst arc of the series (the war).

Fire Force is trash at normal and mediocre at best.

To Aru Majutsu no index as well.

Kokkoku: I haven´t seen it, but people say it is average. However the opening is top notch.

Hellsing: The 12 episode anime is okay, but the opening is amazing.

lots of fire force bashing iTT, feels bad man, feels bad

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenSep 6, 2019 12:38 PM
Sep 2, 2019 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
Superns18 said:
beminim said:

fireforce's manga also started off slow and many dropped it after the first two arcs, all I can say is it gets god tier later on and I think the ratings will reflect that
maybe it does but as of right now I don't feel the urge to read it... Might try before the year ends since I actually kind of like the art style
Sep 2, 2019 1:51 AM

Feb 2019
Bebop_Hakusho said:
Bad/mediocre Anime with Awesome Ops:

Corpse Princess
Deadman Wonderland
Erased
Gangsta
Hellsing
Yona of the Dawn
Zankyou no Terror

Good/decent Anime with Legendary OPs:

Beck
Clannad After Story
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Made in Abyss
Nadia The Secret of Blue Water
Outlaw Star
Rurouni Kenshin
Soul Eater
Toradora!

you are the first positive mention of Elfen Lied ITT. Everyone else is bashing it lol

Mar 2017
Domestic na Kanojo. Even the MV for the OP was way better than the actual show.

Feb 2019
ShadowMonkey said:
Darling in the FranXX. That dumbass shitshow did not deserve one of HYDE's many masterpieces.

DARLING unmei ga kekkan wo hashiru yo
Ugoki hajimeta sekai... ai?
Dare yori mo tokeaitai yo darling
Boku wo kowagaranaide Kiss me now BANGER
Sep 2, 2019 1:52 AM
Aug 2018
Bakemonogatari. In particular, the tsubasa cat op.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What you like to see in fight scenes

Kenzolo-folk - Yesterday

22 by Akuya »»
38 seconds ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7259 by NonaryGames »»
2 minutes ago

» What is oldest decade of Anime are willing you watch?

Dragevard - Yesterday

27 by Akuya »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » how "loved" is your #1 fave character of all time ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Jun 25

60 by VampireLord1024 »»
9 minutes ago

» If all the characters in your Favorites (profile) were put in Boxing rings, which ones would win their fights?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

19 by IpreferEcchi »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.