Forum Settings
Forums

Name the anime that doesn't deserve all hatred it's gets

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2019 4:01 PM
Jul 2018
obviously SAO for often being called the worst anime ever, i liked the first half from the first season

and other objectively good anime that being called 'for pseudo-intellectuals' and many anime that try to be different that being called 'edgy' or 'pretentious'. seriously fuck those terms lmao
Jun 22, 2019 4:09 PM
Dec 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
W123 said:
One thing that made me really enjoy chivalry were the fight scenes.
However the ecchi was really bad in my opinion. How does asterisk fights compare? And is the ecchi toned down ?
Regarding the ecchi, I'm not sure how to compare the two, but Asterisk War definitely has some ecchi scenes, such as one female character coming out of the shower in a bathrobe and sexually propositioning a male character, as well as a wet shirt scene involving two of the characters. I don't remember Chivalry's scenes as clearly but I think Asterisk has similar or somewhat less? Maybe. But in general, as the show progressed, there was less of it. Part of the nice thing about it having two seasons was that it got to spend more time having less focus on the fanservice and the awkward relationship rivalries.

With regards to those awkward relationship rivalries though, I think Asterisk was definitely less awkward about it, albeit due to two of the female characters being less obnoxiously demanding of the male lead's attention.

With regards to the fight scenes, I think Asterisk has more of them (due to being longer), and I feel they definitely did a good job of showing off the some rather complex mechanics and strategies used. Not all fights were given equal screentime, of course, but the ones that were covered in detail were covered very effectively IMO. Also, the fact that these are duo team fights mean that a lot more interesting tactics are possible, and I found these tactics very entertaining to watch.

HopefulNihilist said:
Highschool DxD and Date a Live may not be great anime from an objective standpoint, but I think that among the ecchi/harem genre, they're the best I've watched, and have a lot more heart and soul put into them, than 99% of ecchi/harems.
I wonder to what extent this sort of opinion of "most"/"the rest"/"99%"/etc. of a genre having little "heart and soul put into them" may have more to do with simply lack of personal enjoyment or lack of attraction to the genre. Like, how do you measure "heart and soul"? (Obviously there's no direct measurement, but I'm asking you to clarify what you mean by this, and why you think DAL and HSDxD are so much better.)

HopefulNihilist said:

In that case, how do you feel about Digibro's, "The Asterisk War Sucks" videos?
I thought I already covered this in gory detail in your thread about Digibro?

Anyway, I disagree with them, of course.

His overall points are that the characterization makes little sense, that clichés were used, and that he found little that was interesting/unique/innovative about the series that he could latch onto. He also engages in a lot of nitpicking, some of which turned out to defy his expectations since I've actually seen the second season and know what the characters were foreshadowing.

I actually agree with him that the character introductions were generally annoying, but then he likes Chivalry more, and that had even more absurd and obnoxious characterization, so I'm like confused_nick_young.png. (Compare Julis's "you saw me in an embarrassing moment so I'm going to beat you up!" with Stella's "you saw me in an embarrassing moment so I'm going to beat you up and then make you my slave!".)

Aside from that, he's mainly just nitpicking over his hate for clichés (e.g. he feels Ayato is too perfect, basically), his personal desire for the setting to be something more to his liking (basically he would have preferred it to be a cyberpunk setting), and a variety of little "but this doesn't make sense!" and "but that doesn't make sense!" complaints which neglect the fact that rarely is every little detail deviating from real life in a non-realistic setting explained and for that matter some of them are actually some of them are setups that are explained much later.

Meanwhile, he clearly does not address a number of positive qualities of the show, such as its overall aesthetic which was very cohesively presented (with more consistency than Chivalry), and which he criticized because it didn't match his vision for a more interesting show. And he only very briefly makes like one single mention of Rasmus Faber's music. And of course he even bother watching the second series which covers more of the story including addressing various details raised in the first season. (He clearly wasn't the intended audience; he admits as much; I don't really blame him for not continuing, but I do fault him for not limiting the scope of his criticisms. Besides he still is also a prominent youtuber so making a giant 12-part series shitting on the show does raise eyebrows, but I'm not really sure how to quantify this aspect, or whether it should factor into my assessment of his video series at all.)

A recent conversation about this with an offsite friend suggests to me that what Digibro is specifically prizing something that he feels is different and thereby both interesting to him and has value in advancing the medium as a whole (whatever that might mean). Whereas I'm looking for a story that's well put together and enjoyable on its own. So essentially, Digibro prioritizes the metacontext of the medium, while I prefer to focus on a story in isolation from the rest of the medium. I feel an approach like his puts too much emphasis on novelty value and doing things differently than before.

(Also I think he liked Chivalry more in part because the main character had darker shades to his backstory (and also had more of his backstory presented earlier), and because the ecchi scenes arguably "went further" in displaying the two lead characters' romance via sexual tension whereas Asterisk War never did as much in that regard, and even in its second season it shows Julis and Ayato growing more trusting of each other in a personal way but doesn't make much of a display of sexuality, rather choosing to focus on their cooperation as a team.)

Cool you got me hooked, I'll give Asterisk a try since its on netflix and hopefully let you know how I found it lol
Jun 22, 2019 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
Sawada-SA said:
i guess sword art online , made in abyss , and berserk 2016

Berserk 2016 is an absolute travesty. I have no idea how you can defend it, but I'm curious.
Jun 22, 2019 4:27 PM

Jan 2018
Imaishi said:
Not that I disagree, I did find the change of Yukiteru absolutely ridiculous as well, but that's just extremely ironic coming from someone with Kaneki avatar, lmao. That guy had the exact same thing happen as Yuki. Author decided 'time to get him badass finally' so it happens.

Who said anything about Kaneki tho? When did I even say Kaneki had a good character development? Every character has their downside, no character is perfect. The reason why I hate Yuki or other characters in MN isn't even their bad development. Other guy brought up the character development. Reason I hate Yuki is because he is a whiny brat.
Jun 22, 2019 4:58 PM
Aug 2011
honey--mint said:
Aldnoah zero i guess. I still don't know (and don't want to know) the exact reason it's so widely hated.

Apparently I have Aldnoah Zero tagged as Inaho a shit and it's been tagged that way since the series ended so there you go.
Jun 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Sep 2016
Seconding SAO. I have a complicated relationship with that show that evolved over years, I used to love it, then thought about it a bunch and end up hating it, then started liking it ironically, and now I'm enjoying it for real, embracing the good and bad. I think it's not bad, just really dumb at times.

Another one would be Mayoiga, I feel a lot of people don't get that it's a comedy because it's never clearly explained and it's always played seriously but I found it pretty hilarious.

Jun 22, 2019 5:07 PM

May 2009
W123 said:
Cool you got me hooked, I'll give Asterisk a try since its on netflix and hopefully let you know how I found it lol
Just to be clear, even though I say it's less bad I still found various parts of the early episodes to be somewhat of a slog to go through, particularly any time it tried to get into those frequently-awkward romance moments with stuff like characters overreacting, being rather inappropriately forward, or otherwise doing seemingly stupid things. And the early episodes did in fact make Ayato come off as an overpowered protag. I guess my point is, if you get annoyed by these tropes, you probably won't enjoy the slog, but if you do like or are fine with these tropes and/or you're willing to take them as-is and keep going, you'll find more interesting aspects of the show, particularly after the show is done introducing characters and thus has less need to make hay of the romantic rivalries.

I watched it dubbed (in American English of course) and enjoyed it more that way, but YMMV on whether you like dubs, of course.

BTW @HopefulNihilist I should probably add that I also agree with Digibro's criticism that Ayato (the male lead of Asterisk War) comes off as an overpowered protagonist, but if that's a criticism, then Chivalry is even more guilty of it because Ikki (the male lead of Chivalry) is arguably even more overpowered.

Zehennagel said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I recently finished watching both seasons of Asterisk War and it was actually pretty good.

It suffered from poor character introductions early on, but became more compelling as more meat of the story started happening.
one thing for sure is that your musical tastes are not shitty
Haha, thanks, though credit goes not to me but to Rasmus Faber's musical genius.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 22, 2019 5:36 PM

Jan 2017
WaifuMaster17 said:
Name the one popular anime you love to watch,but it's have tons of negative reviews,hate and your favorite characters are mocked because of stupid and trivial reasons.

Re:Zero it gets a decent amount of hate but I honestly thought it's the greatest isekai to be written. It had me hooked from the start and I thought Subaru was a great main character.

Code Geass, both seasons, get a good amount of hate too. I didn't think R2 was a trainwreck at all. It was easy to follow and it made sense and was so fun to watch. I see no glaring flaws in the series, it has little ones but there was nothing too huge.
you're cool
Jun 22, 2019 5:43 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Basically every popular scapegoat anime that everyone likes to hate on solely because everyone else is doing it and thus they want to be amongst the cool people and do the only socially accepted thing by following along. In reality they don't even know why they're hating on it or what's supposedly so bad about it, they've just been indoctrinated by the general public opinion to assume that to be the absolute truth rather than to think for themselves

Some of the more well-known examples of this silly phenomenon include Sword Art Online, Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Akame ga Kill, Eromanga-sensei, Mirai Nikki, Fairy Tail, Erased as well as a myriad of different harems and isekai series that people automatically label as trash before even watching them (yet they still apparently watch them for no other reason than to trashtalk them afterwards lol)

It's childish but well that's the anime community for you

Edit: Just to clarify, I personally dislike several of the series I mentioned too but that's not the point. The bandwagon hate syndrome is most certainly a problem in this community regardless
Jun 22, 2019 6:28 PM
Nostalgia Addict

Feb 2018
classroom of the elite specifically
and And SnK
Jun 22, 2019 10:27 PM

Oct 2015
The Greed Island story arc of Hunter x Hunter. I don't get it why so many people hate this arc when this arc is one where the characters grows up more and learn how to use their abitilies more efficiently. In this arc we have that fucking awesome dodgeball match and even one of the darkest scenes in the anime when Gon destroys his own hand in a fight.

Jun 23, 2019 3:41 AM

Oct 2013
Pyro said:
Sawada-SA said:
i guess sword art online , made in abyss , and berserk 2016

Berserk 2016 is an absolute travesty. I have no idea how you can defend it, but I'm curious.

Look am a big fan of berserk even if the animation is CGI , it deserves attention because of the events and the great soundtracks in it
Jun 23, 2019 6:48 AM
Dec 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
W123 said:
Just to be clear, even though I say it's less bad I still found various parts of the early episodes to be somewhat of a slog to go through, particularly any time it tried to get into those frequently-awkward romance moments with stuff like characters overreacting, being rather inappropriately forward, or otherwise doing seemingly stupid things. And the early episodes did in fact make Ayato come off as an overpowered protag. I guess my point is, if you get annoyed by these tropes, you probably won't enjoy the slog, but if you do like or are fine with these tropes and/or you're willing to take them as-is and keep going, you'll find more interesting aspects of the show, particularly after the show is done introducing characters and thus has less need to make hay of the romantic rivalries.

I watched it dubbed (in American English of course) and enjoyed it more that way, but YMMV on whether you like dubs, of course.

BTW @HopefulNihilist I should probably add that I also agree with Digibro's criticism that Ayato (the male lead of Asterisk War) comes off as an overpowered protagonist, but if that's a criticism, then Chivalry is even more guilty of it because Ikki (the male lead of Chivalry) is arguably even more overpowered.

Zehennagel said:
one thing for sure is that your musical tastes are not shitty
Haha, thanks, though credit goes not to me but to Rasmus Faber's musical genius.

Just finished the first episode and oh boy they weren’t kidding when they said it’s chivalry’s twin. The episode was alright, I can tell they’re already setting up the protagonist’s backstory with his sister etc -hopefully the story arc for that will have a good execution.
Jun 23, 2019 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
Sword Art Online in my opinion is heavily overhated. It is without a doubt generic and kind of standard but there are so many worse anime in existence that get twice the hate.
Jun 23, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2016
G-Reco got hate because people were literally too dumb to follow what was going on. It does not deserve that score, at all. A random one but Comet Lucifer was hated because dancing vegetables were just too childish for the mature people that were watching that show while it aired. It was okay, probably deserves a 6 or something.
syncrogazerJun 23, 2019 12:13 PM
Jun 23, 2019 1:05 PM
May 2018
Macross ∆

I like it more than F, the animation was also better and it has my favorite Macross song: Zettai Reido θ Novatic
Jun 23, 2019 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
Naruto.
Needless to say that Naruto gets a lot of hatred mostly because of the fillers and people that just won't understand that flashbacks are a part of the story too.... But it actually has good story and dialogues, charismatic and well developed characters, comedy, drama and cool fights full of motivational messages.... it doesn't deserve that much hate.
Jun 23, 2019 1:55 PM

Aug 2018
I just went through the Godzilla anime trilogy and got way more out of it than I was expecting. It's true that they could have been better in places and the first one is just set-up (with an admittedly great final 30 minutes), but the last two became so much better! The second fleshes out the characters a bit more and puts them in some very tricky dilemmas, whilst the final film gets so much deeper with the philosophy and is a very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, minus the kaiju battle not quite living up to the build up it receives.
Jun 23, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
Eromanga Sensei. It is genuinely a fun anime that really puts you into a good/happy mood. It has great music, good visuals, and fun and very likeable characters

90% of the people who "hate" Eromanga Sensei are blind sheep that jump on the bandwagon as soon as it comes right by them.
Jun 23, 2019 2:24 PM

Jun 2012
Imagine the kind of life style one person must lead to watch a show of their own accord and feel hatred for it. Not only that, but to let it consume their time by going online just to rant and rave about it, and persecute the people who like it. It's incredible.

Practically anything and everything that gets hatred from people online doesn't deserve it. People are just bored or some shit? Idk I can't fathom what goes on in their heads.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 23, 2019 2:28 PM
Apr 2017
OPMs2. I wonder about what tragic mental disabilities the hordes of connoisseurs who scored it a 1 after 1 episode (or 3, or 4, whatever) do suffer from, and while I feel really bad for them and their struggle, I just don't find s2 to be that offensive.
Is it as good as s1? Nope. Was it obscenely obvious that the animation would be worse before it even aired? Yup.
If you knew those things (and you would if you had two brain cells bonking around in your cranium), you still watched it and review-bombed it, beg pardon, you're just not very intelligent, to put it mildly.

I don't even like it a whole lot but the sheer ludicrous amount of hatred is so obnoxious that it beggars belief (or it would, if this weren't mal).
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jun 23, 2019 2:28 PM

Mar 2017
I'm going to go out on a limb with this one. By way of disclaimer, I haven't actually watched it only read the summary description. But it gets mentioned a lot, often being trashed...

Boku no Pico

It's yaoi/BL hentai. There's a target audience for that, and it's fairly niche. If fans of yaoi hentai want to hate on it, that's fair enough. But Boku no Pico has somehow become the poster child for anime that people like to point and laugh at and talk about how f**ed up it is, and in all likelihood most of these people aren't even in the target audience and have little or no interest in the genre. It's even become a running joke to mention it in reply to requests for recommendations, even where it's clearly outside the requestor's parameters (IMO, this is trolling).

Then again, all the hate may have brought it to the attention of some viewers who enjoyed it who might otherwise have never heard of it. An example of the adage that "there is no bad publicity" at work?
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jun 23, 2019 3:05 PM

Jan 2009
School Days, first and foremost. Many people dislike it for the characters, but it's not a beautiful romance story, but rather a dark romance one. I bet that barely anyone of the people trashing School Days even knows about the classic dramatic structure or what a Catharsis is.

The OST is magnificent, the viewer rises and falls with the main character. Btw.: Sekai is the actual detestable person in School Days, not Makoto:

Jun 23, 2019 9:17 PM
Jun 2019
Asterisk's War: The thing I hear about it often has me scratching my head. Saying how the main character is boring, he is Kirito reincarnated when he isn't. He actually has a goal a understandable one. It is much more concrete than Naruto's Becoming the Hokage. And Goku's goal of being the strongest ever. Ayato's goal is to find his sister, he is willing to put up with the Festa for this sole reason.

They have a bone to pick with Julis because she is a tsundere and just because she is a tsundere.

They are fine with Saya and like her because they say her goals are more to the point, though many dislike how she titters between dandere and deredere.

Kirin for her age and the fact that she is an oppai loli.

Claudia for being the typical seductress and write her off as one note.

I guess its because I read the LN I have a better understanding of the world and characters, I see the anime not as a mockery but something I look forward to. All the scenes building up to this moment. The fan service moments feel less forced and more rewarding. I guess its like when you read the light novel and you see the pictures sprinkled throughout you want to see more of them so it encourages you to read the manga, you want to see everything fleshed out in color so it makes you want to watch the anime.
Jun 23, 2019 9:29 PM
Jan 2019
Fairy Tail, no doubt. Sure the plot armor is thick in this one and the fanservice may ruin some moments, but people act as if the series doesn't have anything good, which it does, and a lot.
Jun 24, 2019 4:34 AM

Oct 2015
@mwalimu

I mean it's shota porn, which, like its more popular counterpart, many people take issue with the mere existence of. When a show that's supposed to be only known by the few who go out of their way to seek it garners public attention via memes this is the expected result. In that sense I wouldn't say it's overhated, just unlucky.
Jun 24, 2019 9:42 AM

Dec 2018
This is gonna b obsolete and repetitive, but once again, School Days. B4 i get into anything, i just want 2b clear that i do not adore this anime at all, yet it deserves far better reception.

Long story short, good approach, peculiar and memorable plot with a befitting mean-spirited conclusion. But, poor production, poor romance, narrations often got abysmal, characterizations r unsatisfying (the main dude was ok idk y ppl hate him as a fictional character), cliche at times, artistic-wise is terrific (choreography, color pallet...).

Tbf, the source material could become far more eminent if it was congruously handled and written, and the directing could've been more effectual to avoid basic flaws. Tho poor thing is being bashed way too unfair imho.
. . .
Jun 24, 2019 12:44 PM
Mar 2018
InuYasha has a low amount of filler compared to most shounen and good character development and atmosphere, but many say its repetitive as if everything happens over and over again, when in fact it has lots of variation in how it is executed, Inuyasha and Kikyo meet again? thats the only thing that I can think of that is repetitive, and as I said there is variation in its execution and the specifics of what happens during thier meeting...
Naraku escaped again? well I am so sorry that you think this is the only thing that this anime is about, is not just that, sure he is one of the main causes of bad things, but each of the characters have thier own fights and struggles that happen for various reason which may or may not be directly related to Naraku that you should have really paid more attention too...

Gundam SEED/Cosmic era is hated but to me it was simply a more entertaining version of the original Universal Century timeline
what?
Jun 24, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
Preachee said:
Long story short, good approach, peculiar and memorable plot with a befitting mean-spirited conclusion. But, poor production (1), poor romance (2), narrations often got abysmal (3), characterizations r unsatisfying (the main dude was ok idk y ppl hate him as a fictional character)(4), cliche at times, artistic-wise is terrific (choreography, color pallet...)(5).
1) Anime is nowhere cheap
2) the Anime of School Days isn't meant to be a happy romance story, it's more of a modernized, classic drama
3) please give some examples
4) I don't get why Makoto gets all the hate, either, when it should be Sekai that should be disliked the most
5) the OST is very good, though, and I find the Visuals more than good enough. What do you mean with color pallet? It's not meant to show an extremely brightly-colored, lovey-dovey show. In contrast: the pale appearance even fits the whole concept much better
Jun 24, 2019 3:13 PM
May 2017
Fairy Gone doesn't deserve the hate it gets just because it doesn't hold your hand when it comes to storytelling and sets up several important players and factions at the same time
Jun 24, 2019 3:33 PM

Aug 2015
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Heavy Object
Black Clover (Season 2 fixed most of the issues I had with season 1)
Shakugan no Shana Season 1 and 2 (Season 3 is mediocre and it can die)
Watamote
Inazuma Eleven Ares/Orion
Simoun
Fugishi Yuugi
Martian Successor Nadesico
Code Geass R2
The Familiar Of Zero Season 1 (It's actually decent)
Captain Earth (That series is underrated and overhated)
Little Busters (It's better than Clannad)
Hunter x Hunter 1999
Fruits Basket 2001
Black Butler Season 1
Dororo Second Cour
TakaCodeJun 24, 2019 3:40 PM
Jun 24, 2019 4:01 PM
Jan 2019
Ofcourse! There are many , but since you asked for one then,

5 cm/sec
Jun 24, 2019 7:17 PM

Apr 2017
Kruszer said:
Accel World
Aldnoah Zero
Berserk (2016/2017)
Asterisk War
Dances With the Dragons
Elfen Lied
Future Diary
In Another World With my Smartphone
The Irregular at Magic High School
Soul Link
Strike the Blood
Sword Art Online
I beg to differ, Irregular at Magic Highschool is probably the worst thing I’ve ever watched. Boring OP protagonist with a horrible story and setting.
Jun 24, 2019 7:36 PM

Dec 2012
Aslat24 said:
I beg to differ, Irregular at Magic Highschool is probably the worst thing I’ve ever watched. Boring OP protagonist with a horrible story and setting.

Whatever, then feel free not to like it.
KruszerJun 24, 2019 7:51 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jun 24, 2019 7:41 PM

Dec 2010
Gundam seed/kira yamato too much unnecessary hate I have to say I am a UC Gundam fan my favorite is Zeta right now I am binge watching the Gundam franchise (just taking a break) I am going to re watch 0079 in Blu Ray baby hell yeah I just love the UC era but I cant understand the hate for seed its not a masterpiece but a really good show,and another thing I cant stand is the Jesus Yamato this and Jesus Yamato that is so stupid its the same thing with tasuya from The Irregular at Magic High School Godsuya ,lord and saviour etc why use other people religion to insult a character as a christian its downright disrespectful.
Jun 24, 2019 7:49 PM

Dec 2010
Kruszer said:
Aslat24 said:

I love The Irregular at Magic High School for Tatsuya I love his Op-ness oh by the way I checked out your profile and discovered I share the same birthday as you lol awesome
Jun 24, 2019 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
hack5 said:
Kruszer said:

I love The Irregular at Magic High School for Tatsuya I love his Op-ness oh by the way I checked out your profile and discovered I share the same birthday as you lol awesome

Cool. Hello my fellow Sagittarius.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jun 24, 2019 8:18 PM

Dec 2010
Kruszer said:
hack5 said:

Cool. Hello my fellow Sagittarius.

Being a Sagittarius is the best and that's a FACT LOL
Jun 24, 2019 8:35 PM

May 2015
Psycho Pass 2. It's needlessly violent and gory and it's not as good as first season, but it's overall a decent sequel, even if Kogami is not present here, I enjoyed it more than the film.
Jun 24, 2019 8:50 PM

Dec 2018
Noboru said:
Preachee said:
Long story short, good approach, peculiar and memorable plot with a befitting mean-spirited conclusion. But, poor production (1), poor romance (2), narrations often got abysmal (3), characterizations r unsatisfying (the main dude was ok idk y ppl hate him as a fictional character)(4), cliche at times, artistic-wise is terrific (choreography, color pallet...)(5).
1) Anime is nowhere cheap
2) the Anime of School Days isn't meant to be a happy romance story, it's more of a modernized, classic drama
3) please give some examples
4) I don't get why Makoto gets all the hate, either, when it should be Sekai that should be disliked the most
5) the OST is very good, though, and I find the Visuals more than good enough. What do you mean with color pallet? It's not meant to show an extremely brightly-colored, lovey-dovey show. In contrast: the pale appearance even fits the whole concept much better

I was trying to make things kinda short, but guess I'll delve a little bit more into it.

1. Poor production ranges from art and animation to OST as we would expect, I think this is not a strong or pivotal criticism as this is just my point of view, which I believe they didn't have a good quality in terms of that. Tho I want to emphasize about my point on the OST. I think it did a fair job in delivering the tone, but there's nothing significant, and I was kinda disappointed about the music choice in the killing scene (not bad at all, just plain and forgettable)

2. I agreed, that's why i liked the conclusion and the unique plot as mentioned, but romance isn't clear enough for me. I get that the main point is to focus on things that happened after they fell in love, but I am utterly curious how and why they fell in love with such a guy, it was just too vague and I felt that they had to avoid explanation (at least I want to be clearer why the two main female protags r so desperately in love w him like that)

3. Yes, exactly what I said. Storytelling in the last 2 episodes were quite remarkable, otherwise I did not feel intrigued in how they tell stories, I really think this point I'm making isn't strong so I'll rewatch soon, but that's how I remember it.

4. I don't think Sekai should be hated either tho, she's decent in terms of character, but the way she fell in love with Makoto is unclear to me (I understand how she fell in love, but I'm not convinced enough that it's realistic)

5. I hated the dull color pallet in all honesty. Don't get me wrong I understand that a gritty and dark show should be as well dark regarding its color, but how they blend it is not great enough. Firstly, School Days is dark but should not be lifeless, I simply think it should be more vibrant. Secondly, the background often doesn't work with what is going on on screen, that's how I feel at least.
. . .
Jun 26, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
91 Days seems to be disliked by a lot of people when honestly it was amazingly captivating. One of my all time favorite movies being Goodfellas, it really captures the crime families/mafia aesthetic along with the way mafioso operated well.

Blood Lad also gets written off as generic vampire nonsense it seems but I remember it very fondly, not just as something I enjoyed, but something I genuinely liked.

Lastly, as the only ecchi series I could ever stomach I'd say Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica and Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou deserve a mention. They're certainly no gems and its been forever since I've watched them but I remember them being quite fun and captivating throughout.

Jun 26, 2019 11:19 AM
Jun 2019
Elfen Lied. It's hated a lot because of its random nudity and gore. But other than that, it was noice.
Jun 26, 2019 11:58 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Idol anime receive a lot of hate for some reason.
I mean, I get that it might not be everyone's cup of tea when there's a lot of singing and dancing in a show, but I've seen that "It's about Idols, must be shit" attitude several times.

Most of them (if not all) may not have a story with a deeper meaning or such, but they can be enjoyable to watch when you're not in the mood for something heavy. Idol shows might not be my favorite in general, but I enjoy watching them occasionally.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jun 26, 2019 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
Preachee said:
I was trying to make things kinda short, but guess I'll delve a little bit more into it.
Thank you for that

1) Okay, then this may be purely my subjective point of view, but I don't have anything to criticize about the art quality or the BGM choice at all. If anything, then I'm not used to the original song, since I've been hearing the Exit Trance variant way more often by now

2) From what I can recall,

But yeah, it's an over-exaggeration, just like many other "hatsuoki" (first love) titles

3) Ah, so you were referring to that scene at the end, I reckon. To be fair, even after having watched it at least 3 times, it's been longer, so I plan to rewatch it sometimes again as well

4) "hate" is a strong word, after all, however, in this case, it's very close to fitting. She even wanted to

5) The cherry blossoms at the beginning looked lively enough to me, but now that I took another look after years, there are certainly lots of titles with much brighter and more colorful hues
NoboruJun 26, 2019 2:04 PM
Jun 26, 2019 1:38 PM

Sep 2018
Attack on Titan.....i basicially dont think it deserves the hype and the hatred.....its not a amazing series but no wear near being a 1/10 or anything that those haters claim it to be...its a alright show i guess

And eromanga sensei....its one of the few "so bad its good shows" and imo one of the best comedy trash shows modern anime has produced.
Jun 27, 2019 5:11 AM

Sep 2016
Too many, elfen, sao, asterisk, opm s2 etc.
Somehow not depressed.
Jun 27, 2019 7:03 AM

Apr 2016
SAO, most of the haters hate it for no reason but, you know, for one person who hates it there are ten people that love it. We are in a period where the people have time for hate an anime and i can’t understand how could be possible hate a fantasy’s product. I love it and this is what is important to me.
Sorry if I made errors.
Jun 28, 2019 7:45 PM

Dec 2018
Noboru said:
Preachee said:
Thank you for that

1) Okay, then this may be purely my subjective point of view, but I don't have anything to criticize about the art quality or the BGM choice at all. If anything, then I'm not used to the original song, since I've been hearing the Exit Trance variant way more often by now

2) From what I can recall,

But yeah, it's an over-exaggeration, just like many other "hatsuoki" (first love) titles

3) Ah, so you were referring to that scene at the end, I reckon. To be fair, even after having watched it at least 3 times, it's been longer, so I plan to rewatch it sometimes again as well

4) "hate" is a strong word, after all, however, in this case, it's very close to fitting. She even wanted to

5) The cherry blossoms at the beginning looked lively enough to me, but now that I took another look after years, there are certainly lots of titles with much brighter and more colorful hues

Thanks for replying, I want to finish with some few remarks,

4. ikr, Sekai is basically a sordid asshole, but she isn't bad in terms of character imo, that's what I want to claim. Her character makes sense, regarding realism. Sure she's the one who causes all the tragedies, but that's y I appreciate her even more. She's the one who has goodwill, but also the one who pushes forward the vexatious conclusion. (still I find some of her developments ill-fitting, she's not at all perfect well-written character from my own perspective)

5. The bright color at that scene is actually terrifying, which makes it good. The color in some grimy scenes were also well-used. But overall, I think it's just a bit too dull. Take an example of Texhnolyze, where the color is lifeless, but radically changes its nature to suit well to the tone; or in Angel's Egg in which the color is dark but vibrant. It's not that I dislike dark color pallet, I just thought the color in SD is intentionally dark but unintentionally pale.
. . .
Jul 11, 2019 9:40 PM

Aug 2018
Queen's blade series. Just, just because of 3 characters (Tomoe, Annelotte and Leina) it deserves more.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 12, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2015
Death Note. I can understand why people disliked the last arc and ending (and I sort of did too, tbh), but the series is still better than most other "iconic" super popular anime of the 2000's.

Also, I don't get why so many people are mentioning School Days. I see that series getting a lot more praise than hate nowadays.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why is Japan Afraid of Realism in Anime?

TheSunLife - 1 hour ago

14 by TheSunLife »»
5 minutes ago

» Adventure/Action Shounen with the Best and Worst ROMANCE (just the ones that even tried)

Rob7 - Yesterday

19 by WaterMage »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

46 by Sphealz »»
18 minutes ago

» Why can't anime properly paradoy

Lol1268 - Sep 7

15 by WaterMage »»
18 minutes ago

» Underrated villains

JoeChip - 5 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.