Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »
Jul 20, 2014 11:19 PM

Jan 2013
GGO is getting even better :D
Sinon is really good at "sniping" people xD
Is it just me or they changed Kirito's hair in the game?
Asuna looks lovely amazing, as always <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 20, 2014 11:35 PM

Jun 2013
Am I the only one who really thinks that this episode should have been combined with Shinon's parts from episode 3?

It would have given us an uninterrupted view of Shinon, both as the in game bad-ass and the person struggling with trauma. The only reason that a lot of people have mentioned that this episode felt like filler was because it had to be dragged to a full runtime, but apart from introducing Shinon's bad-ass in game persona, there really wasn't much going on. We really don't care about this mission, or the other characters (if any of these characters, besides Shinon, show up in any real capacity again, I'll be amazed).

We care about Shinon being a boss, and that didn't take 24 minutes to do (the battle actually only lasts 9 minutes, and a lot of the random banter could have been trimmed out shorten it further). From there you follow up the badassery with the development scenes and you end up with an episode that fully covers Shinon with regard to both in game and out of game so the parallels are more pronounced and the fat that dragged down episode 2 is gone.

Thoughts?
Jul 21, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2013
Quirkiness101 said:
Am I the only one who really thinks that this episode should have been combined with Shinon's parts from episode 3?

It would have given us an uninterrupted view of Shinon, both as the in game bad-ass and the person struggling with trauma. The only reason that a lot of people have mentioned that this episode felt like filler was because it had to be dragged to a full runtime, but apart from introducing Shinon's bad-ass in game persona, there really wasn't much going on. We really don't care about this mission, or the other characters (if any of these characters, besides Shinon, show up in any real capacity again, I'll be amazed).

We care about Shinon being a boss, and that didn't take 24 minutes to do (the battle actually only lasts 9 minutes, and a lot of the random banter could have been trimmed out shorten it further). From there you follow up the badassery with the development scenes and you end up with an episode that fully covers Shinon with regard to both in game and out of game so the parallels are more pronounced and the fat that dragged down episode 2 is gone.

Thoughts?
Nah, the episode also showed important explanations and parts of the game play so imo it was necessary to not rush things like that.
Jul 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
Botato said:
Quirkiness101 said:

Thoughts?
Nah, the episode also showed important explanations and parts of the game play so imo it was necessary to not rush things like that.

True, but they're going to have to reintroduce the same elements when Kirito enters the game anyway, or his ability to play them game would make no sense. Curious to see how they'll do that now without one of the two feeling pointless.
Jul 23, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
This episode went by really quickly! That's a good thing :D

Amarrez said:
I kind of forgot why I despise this series sometimes when Sinon was doing her thing. That part, despite some silly dialogue, was really pretty neat.

And then we swapped to Silica being felt up by tentacles whilst Asuna and Kirito sat on a mushroom over yonder and I remembered.

LOL

I agree, Sinon is pretty badass. I'm wondering if she's been in battle or lost someone because of a war or something since she took the game so seriously? She's probably been traumatized as a child.

I wonder how long it'll take her to fall in love with Kirito and join the harem LOL
Jul 25, 2014 7:16 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode. The main focus of this episode was Sinon, and her battle against the other squadrons. A minigun? The hell? Can't wait to see what other weapons they have. Also, the part where Sinon launched into the air with half her leg cut off and then shooting the guy in the head was badass. I also liked seeing Kirito and his crew continue their adventures in ALO. So I assume Kirito is planning on going to GGO by the looks of it. But first he has to tell Asuna. Anywho, onto the next episode!
Jul 26, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2012
Best sniper in the game goes in close range. I guess that says a lot.
Jul 26, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
moonofchaos said:
Best sniper in the game goes in close range. I guess that says a lot.
Because long range is only useful for one shot every 60 seconds.
Jul 27, 2014 11:34 AM
Jan 2010
Why does sinon dress like a slut?
Who the fuck screams "chesto" as a battlecry?
Why is sinon so autistic?
Why does irl sinon look like Mr. Gary Stu McMarysuepants?
Why, despite all this, is she still best?
Jul 29, 2014 7:55 AM

Jan 2011
StardustReverie said:
Why, despite all this, is she still best?

Because the other characters suck even more. :'d

CQC sniping best, totally like a certain game I know (not cod).
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 29, 2014 7:57 AM

Feb 2013
Looks like the pacing for season 2 is set. Seems like we've got a fun ride ahead of us.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Aug 5, 2014 2:56 AM

Jul 2013
I actually liked this episode a lot more than the first one. I can't get pass through those cheesy dialogues but the animation sold it for me. 4/5
Aug 8, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
Sinon taking the lead from the whimp was quite cool
Running point as a sniper afterwards was hilarious even when Behemoth was killed awesomely

I wonder if Kirito is bringing in his entire gang to GGO
Aug 11, 2014 6:30 AM
Jun 2013
Nothing really happened this episode. They basically dedicated the whole episode to introducing Sinon and threw some action in there. The action was okay but I wasn't that impressed by it. And we didn't really get to learn much about Sinon even though she was the focus of the episode.

I hope Kirito starts playing GGO and doesn't magically become the strongest player ever, because that's boring. It'd be way more interesting if he was actually a total noob and sucked at it.

3/5
Aug 30, 2014 7:16 AM

May 2014
Ooh sinon-chan..
Sep 13, 2014 9:35 PM

Apr 2008
Well, my rating for SAO II just went down. This episode was horrible. It's not SAO. It's a FPS. If there are more episodes like this, I'll drop the series. Just awful!
Sep 28, 2014 9:14 AM
Aug 2014
Really enjoyed seeing Shino in action here. The way she jumped off that building and shot Behemoth mid flight was really intense!

I understand that this is changing from swords to guns, but I think it's alright. The characters are what made this show amazing for me, it wasn't that they were using swords in the first place that kept me watching.

Really looking forward to see what the next episode brings!

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)
Oct 1, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2011
What the, you don't just simply start a Sinon focused episode right after the first episode. This could have been better placed imo if it's the first episode/prologue. Overall it's a boring episode for me, a whole episode about a meganekko being badass by killing badass. Loli getting tentacle-d again.

At least the last scene was pretty good, Kirito is ready to tell Asuna about his new journey. And I am starting to get used to that OP, the ED was meh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 14, 2014 10:21 AM

Nov 2013
I hope Kirito's talk is "let's break up" because it feels really fucking cheesy to the point that I want to drop it.
And why did they make real life Sinon be an ugly girl with glasses? Fucking hate girls with glasses characters.
Oct 19, 2014 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
Man Sinon has those destroy you eyes in the game. GGO is great, hope the pace stays constant with more action and less talking.
Oct 22, 2014 2:31 PM

Feb 2012
Was anyone else confused that both Sinon and Asuna have blue-haired Avatars?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 22, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2012
Both same race in game (Undine)
But:
Sinon - Short hair.
Asuna - Long hair.
Oct 25, 2014 4:29 AM

Feb 2012
Tespith said:
Both same race in game (Undine)
But:
Sinon - Short hair.
Asuna - Long hair.

I see, thanks.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 8, 2014 1:32 AM

Mar 2012
SINON > ASUNA!!!!
Nov 8, 2014 1:35 PM
Nov 2013
For some reason the soundtrack in this episode reminded me of Padora Hearts. hm..... The soundtrack when Sinon was in the air whilst taking down the guy with the minigun.
Nov 18, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Sinon is cool little girl ;) Great episode!
Dec 22, 2014 9:16 AM
Nov 2013
Domyoji said:
Sinon is cool little girl ;) Great episode!

She resemble so much of kirito
Dec 28, 2014 4:29 AM

May 2012
Pretty okay, the pacing of the development is rather slow if you ask me...
Dec 29, 2014 6:10 AM

May 2014
Great episode. The first one wasn't very impressive but this one got me hooked.

Sinon looks like a cool character.
Jan 2, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2014
Great start, Sinon shoulda been more satisfied that she took Behemoth out! Interesting episode once again.

3.5/5
Jan 29, 2015 12:36 AM

Aug 2013
They sure invested a lot in this.. the battle felt dragged out a lot.
In my opinion the selling point in GGO arc was supposed to be fast paced action.
But the adaption seem to alter that point.. oh well.
Jan 29, 2015 11:11 PM

Apr 2014
A whole episode focused on Sinon, showcasing her physical and analytical abilities while also giving off indications that she has a traumatic past. She acts courageous and confident, but at the same time she shows either great fear under certain moments of duress, as if they were triggers, though she manages to maintain her overall composure. I'm curious to see what her true self is actually like beneath that mask of badassery that she's putting up, or if what I think is a mask actually is her true self.

The battle dragged on longer than it should have, but the scene where she kills Behemoth was pretty cool even though it felt over the top.

A couple of the soundtracks caught my attention, looking forward to hearing more of Yuki Kaijura's work for this anime.

Nice to see some of the characters from the previous season again at the end of the episode.
ZeroDragonJan 29, 2015 11:34 PM
Feb 10, 2015 1:08 AM

Nov 2009
Great episode, Sinon seems like a very capable player although I think if she didnt have that rare sniper rifle she has she would probably be dead.
Feb 13, 2015 3:00 AM
May 2012
Sinon is cute :3 Both in RL and VW.
That guy was cumming bullets, dafuq.
Good to see them at the end. I really like Asuna's hairstyle and color.
Nice ending song~
Mar 3, 2015 3:50 AM

Jul 2013
I don't know what Sinon's trying to accomplish. She was really determined to kill that Behemoth who's "strong enough to smile on the battlefield" (lol this line is really corny) Was she trying to prove anything? Perhaps redeem herself because she's a loser in the real world? Whatever, at least the action is really great and damn Sawashiro Miyuki really outdid herself in voicing her even though I think it's kinda off hearing her very sexy goddess-like voice coming from a kid.
Apr 1, 2015 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
Sinon is an awesome character already, looking forward to see what she has to bring to this show :)

Also as other people mentioned, not sure why Sinon would move up instead of pinning them down from a distance.
She could even bring a lot of intel for her crew from that distance aswell.
Unless she thought she wouldnt be of any use from that distance anymore ... idk.
Apr 17, 2015 11:16 PM

Jan 2012
Still in the introductory phase, with new girl Sinon being given the bulk of this episode's screen time. She seems like an alright character.
Jul 4, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
Sinon be awesome. I love her hair and outfit!

I can't believe the other guy shot her leg off but then she shot him point blank in the head which was so badass while falling.

I like the OP ad ED a lot.

Surprised Alfheim still exists, at least surprised they still go there, don't know why. Just am lol. I expected only Gun Gale this season. Alfheim bit was cool too and more Kirito and Asuna being cute :3
stephtastropheJul 4, 2015 5:24 AM
Sep 27, 2015 11:01 AM

Oct 2014
Those flips Sinon did combined with the cool music were an awesome combination to end that fight. Cool to see Silica, Lisbeth and Leafa are all friends and playing Alfheim together (technically with Kirito, Asuna, and Yui too). Looks like Sinon likes to play GGO because she's weak in real life and strong in the game? I'm sure Asuna won't take Kirito's news of going into a new game very lightly
Sep 30, 2015 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
Loved the entire episode RIGHT up until the ALO part. Ugh... I hate fairies and anime elf ears...
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Oct 1, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
The Sinon group was funny... it's just a fucking game, why are you so hesitant? lol
Oct 31, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2009
Sinon is really good!
Aw so cute to see the happy family in Alfheim!
Jan 26, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2015
Great episode, sinon is already my favorite character don't really like her in real life though.
Jan 26, 2016 9:14 PM
Jan 2016
Sniping was sweet I gotta say.
Jan 16, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
All this did was make me want to play Team Fortress 2.
Jan 22, 2017 7:28 AM

May 2013
lol Sinon made her ally more of a man than he'd ever have been

KiritoXAsuna + Yui <33333333333 I'm always uber happy when they're lovey-dovey lololol
Feb 11, 2017 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
i just saw who the VA for Sinon is, and i was really surprised i didn't recognize her, since she has one of the most distinguished voice i have ever heard. Though knowing what i know now, i must say, killing Kamiya in the first episode was such a loss!
Jun 15, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, that has got to be an achievement, sniping while falling with other leg missing then one shot hitting the target. O_o
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 21, 2017 5:17 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
i hate it when this anime shows its hentai side its totally out of place here imo

Jul 4, 2017 3:48 PM

Nov 2016
Shino is kinda cool and I like Miyuki Sawashiro, therefore I think I'm gonna enjoy her character, even though she's pretty close to the tolerable edge limit.

I wonder why she's so obsessed with strength ? But unfortunately I'm afraid the explanation won't be for my liking.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (16) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.