Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 27, 2019 5:36 PM
Jun 2017
This is what i can say---
Angela' song and performance is great... i love how she have sang that one...

But

Carole and Tuesday's 1st and original song is so beautiful, i even already didnt watch the clip as i am just listening on how beautiful the song is, the message and the feeling is on it...

Hmmm.. well its a draw so great for both angela and Carole and tuesday.
Jun 27, 2019 5:38 PM

Jul 2016
What a great episode. I have high hopes for the 2nd half of this show
Jun 27, 2019 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
My favourite episode so far!

I love Spencer, I'm glad he helped Tues escape.
And I'm starting to really like Angela, I loved her attitude in this episode.

Props to my boys Gus and Roddy, always there, always helping even if it means going to jail lol

Oh boy, "Loneliest Girl" is definitely my favourite song from the anime, it had me tearing up. It even made Ertegun tear up! I loved that! I wonder if his attitude towards the girls is gonna change now.
Jun 27, 2019 5:45 PM
Jun 2019
My favorite thing, besides Carole & Tuesday being reunited, was seeing Angela be a good competitor. She wasn't a hater or someone preying on their downfall, but a genuine sweetheart who wanted to win with her own talent. She even supported the idea to let C&T play anyway. I'm so happy that something different was done with their rival instead of having her be a cheater or something. This honestly goes for the rest of their competition before the finals (except Cybelle).
Jun 27, 2019 6:08 PM

Jan 2017
This episode proves that even with the beautiful development and emotions portrayed in their songs, it still doesn't shy away from strong character moments as well.

Jun 27, 2019 6:27 PM

Oct 2015
That was a beautiful song by Carole and Tues, it really hit me! I'm really glad they're getting their debut and for Angela too.

I think the romance tag is for Tao and Angela, or at least I think!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 27, 2019 6:30 PM
Jan 2012
Unpopular opinion, but The Loneliest Girl is not my favorite Carole & Tuesday song. It was a nice touch to sing the song that brought them together though, so from a story standpoint it makes sense.

Angela's song was more deserving of the win to me simply due to how technically good her vocals were, but yeah... the studio mixing and autotune on what are supposed to be "live" performances is weirdly distracting. You can do those things live, but they don't sound quite the same as studio editing, so it is odd in this show seeing performers do a "live" performance of an obviously studio-edited song. Reminds me of that memeable Ashlee Simpson moment on SNL about a decade ago when she got caught lip-sinking. Lol.

I need to watch this episode again because I'm not sure how I really feel. Plot armor and pacing have hurt the series up to this point and I hope from here on those are not an issue. I love the little moments of reflection and character development, and I do truly feel the connection between Carole & Tuesday, but their performances on Mars Brightest seem so stiff and uninspired compared to how we've seen them perform before. Look at their performances at home and in the little bar they debuted in and you'll see what I mean. They're smiling and really getting into it. On the show they seem so stressed and blank-faced. It's part of what made the other performers better. They all got into their songs physically. Carole & Tuesday have talent, but they have no stage presence. They are musicians, but not yet amazing performers, at least not when they're in front of a huge audience.

I have no idea where it's going from here, but I'm eager to see. That said I wish they had given a little bit of a tease or cliffhanger to go on b/c them getting a chance to debut as artists does not feel like a challenge based on what we've seen up to this point. It just feels like another step in their road to the "miracle 7 minutes". Hmmmmm. There needs to be more tension because at this point I don't know what would get in their way or stop them from achieving their dreams.

Some things are really predictable, like Cybelle's dumb stalking crap, and Spencer bailing out Tues, and it makes those moments feel boring because we know what's coming, but other moments, like how Mars Brightest ended, aren't what you think will happen. I hope more things are less predictable going forward.
LucentRiversJun 27, 2019 6:38 PM
Jun 27, 2019 7:12 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Both the performances were great and honestly I think this was my favorite song from Angela so far.

I'm also glad that Tuesday's brother is a good guy. :)

Can't wait to see Carole and Tuesday's debut.
Jun 27, 2019 7:20 PM

Mar 2008
Even Ertegun teared up during their song. I love this anime.
Jun 27, 2019 8:00 PM

May 2016
Who the hell was the old man with the flames-painted buggy that gave C&T the ride to the station? Fun stuff!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 27, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2017
Oh my Lord, excellent and outstanding episode. Just nice when we have hit the midpoint of the series. @papsoshea riding on your thoughts.

For all of you who didn't know, this episode's writer is the Maestro himself Shinichi Watanabe, so you'll know that is DAMN FINE QUALITY.

Tuesday...really pity her because of her political mum. Like seriously, what mother could do this to their own kids? Ignoring their passions altogether.

So Carole and Tuesday had that moment where they couldn't mesh their thoughts together.

Good ol' Gus gave his heart out to Carole.
And funnily enough, the 2 of them (plus Roddy) attempts a kidnapping to get Tuesday back.

And Tuesday's brother was enamored by her performance, so much so that he believes in a failure like her, and helps her escape.

What a fine turn of events this turn out to be.

For the final, Angela got a song that did not reflect the generic AI song-written feel, but one that reflects her life. Great and captivating song. Fire Fire Fire indeed.

So...Carole & Tuesday's FIRST-WRITTEN song "The Loneliest Girl" finally debuts, in its full form.
Now thinking about their "miraculous 7 minutes", really wondering what would this represent, their debut perhaps if you ask me. The song itself is OK, Angela's song definitely had an edge over them.

But both debuted nonetheless.
Damn what a perfect stop.
Jun 27, 2019 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
Spencer is the best. Angela's song was amazing tho

also that giant ass burger looks good
Jun 27, 2019 9:36 PM

Mar 2016
Tuesday's brother, today's MVP.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 27, 2019 10:04 PM

Feb 2015
Tuesday was confined to her bedroom, her brother, Spenser told her that he actually liked music in the past and that after he saw her performing in the club, he’ll support her. Gus convinced Carole that they need to do something, so along with Roddy, they went to Tuesday’s house. Angela went to talk with Tao about the lyrics and how the IA is like a giant sensor that can make lyrics with the feelings and emotions of people. At the same time that Carole, Gus and Roddy arrived and started a disturbance outside Tuesday’s house, Spenser helped Tuesday to get out and avoid the robot, Carole and Tuesday received help from an old man (fan of the show) that took them to the station (Gus and Roddy were arrested). Angela performed with excellent critics, Carole & Tuesday were late and for a moment they lost their chance to participate, but due to fan’s pressure they were allowed, so performed their song, the reception was excellent and the judges decided to give both artists (Angela and Carole & Tuesday) their debut.

It was beautiful when Spenser confessed to his sister Tuesday that he actually saw she performing in the club and decided to do nothing, because he really knows the value of a dream. It was unexpected for me the contest’s finale, I thought that Angela was gonna win, but it’s ok, a great success for Carole & Tuesday, both songs were good (no one really touched me, but come one, it takes more than one time of hearing a song for me), not excellent, I still think that this anime needs to develop more the vocal limits, I mean lyrics are beautiful, but combined with a strong voice, you can make a miracle. It was too convenient the old man that helped them to escape and took them to the station.
Atlas77Aug 13, 2019 8:30 PM
Jun 27, 2019 10:07 PM
Apr 2013
Spencer! What a brother. I had a bit of a doubt but it's all clear now.

Surprising that both the songs dealt with loneliness, it's a real direct battle of song versus song. Angela's song is great and seems harder to sing but The Loneliest Girl is just too heart wrenching.

I think the girls are wearing the same outfits they did in the first episode. Also, the gift Carole got for Tuesday might be a similar accessory as her bunny on her guitar case?

Hopefully we will get a good week to get ready for the next half!
Jun 27, 2019 10:39 PM
Jan 2018
Azazin said:
Nice episode, Carole and Tuesday finally sang the full version of the Loneliest Girl.

How Ertegun looked after Carole and Tuesday's performance was hilarious:

Lmaoo I was laughing so hard
Jun 27, 2019 11:33 PM

Oct 2013
LET ME IN
LET MEEEEE INNNN
Jun 27, 2019 11:57 PM
Jan 2015
Ertegun is probably regretting blowing Carole and Tuesday off when they first met right about now.
My Queens

Jun 28, 2019 1:03 AM

Sep 2010
The two girls who tried to burn his house were actually really good and made him tear up - Ertegun did not see that happen
Jun 28, 2019 1:56 AM
Aug 2018
Amazing episode, when they started singing i got chills and started crying omg this show
Jun 28, 2019 2:15 AM

Aug 2013
Not gonna lie, I felt like this episode was rushed given the events and the development we had in 22 minutes; however, the outcome was not to my expectations. Hearing Loneliest Girl in its entirety brought the feels man and seeing Angela and our girls get a chance to debut was a big whoa nelly. Gonna be interesting to see where the story goes from here.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 28, 2019 2:17 AM

Jul 2014
Roddy best boi
Cant wait for new songs
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jun 28, 2019 5:26 AM

Mar 2009
Good episode, actually. Angela continues to be the best character of the show and she also has the best songs.
Jun 28, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2019
Finally the tournament arc is over, it was taking a toll on the show. The one who got the best out of it is certainly Angela, she comes out a much more well-rounded character and, dare I say, the most complex in the series as of yet. Nice first cour, despite some drawbacks.
Jun 28, 2019 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
That was beautiful. As a guy who knows nothing about music, I feel like Angela had better vocals and song, but Carole and Tuesday's was much more emotional, and I think the judges felt that when they started crying. I thought Angela deserved the win, but I never expected the judges to also give Carole and Tuesday a chance to debut too.

I was skeptical at the beginning of this arc, but it really had alot of great moments. Mermaid Sisters was my favorite.

Oh also, we got to hear the full version of Loneliest Girl
Jun 28, 2019 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
The Loneliest Girl full version!! Finally! Angela's song is also good but the loneliest girl is top tier. Ertegun tearing up, that's the best! He can't even say a word.
Jun 28, 2019 8:52 AM

Sep 2018
The first episodes of the MAAARS BRIHTESTO arc were pretty underwhelming but this episode was pretty nice.. on mars you can put burglars in your personal cell.
Jun 28, 2019 9:22 AM
Jan 2017
This episode had some of the best songs so far, the lyrics were epic and full of emotion.
Jun 28, 2019 10:00 AM
Mar 2018
im so glad they gave us a full version of loneliest girl
Jun 28, 2019 1:00 PM

Feb 2007
Well, looks like Tuesday's mother managed to screw things up for her enough that they were still disqualified for being late even after her managing to escape with the help of her brother and friends.

Still, they did get their chance to sing, and deservedly a chance to debut as well despite the initial disqualification. They even managed to make Ertegun cry with the beauty of their song and not by destroying his property this time.

Angela's song sounds so familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it reminds me of. Possibly even two separate songs...
luinthoronJun 28, 2019 1:08 PM
Jun 28, 2019 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
5/5 just for the Loneliest Girl song. That song can't be topped.
Jun 28, 2019 4:06 PM

Dec 2018
The Mermaid Sisters should have won the contest, hands down.
Jun 28, 2019 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. While certainly not bad, Carole and Tuesday performance didn't really warranted those tears. And Angela's performance was a lot better (even if the lyrics itself were rather bad).

So it's probably for the better that they didn't win. But their deal for album recording also means they will be working with Angela together as of now. And wonder what Tao does with them, they'll probably try to merge them together with Angela at one point.

One would expect though that by now everyone would already know about her politician mother (in fact, in every other similiar contest, those people personal lives are the most exposed during its duration). I really hope it'll happen sooner than later as it's getting pretty unrealistic that noone ties them together. Would really like to see her mother capitalizing on Tuesday's success for easy politic points.
Jun 28, 2019 5:22 PM
May 2019
No idea how some people seem to think this was a top-tier episode when compared to some of the previous ones. The songs were amazing, they usually are in this anime. However, that's the only consistently great thing about this anime. It started out pretty solid in the first few episodes, but the other attributes that I initially watched this anime for have come unglued. It has become rushed in some spots and unneeded drama has been peppered throughout that makes me question why I'm even trying to watch for anything other than the music performances.

I wish this anime had more going for it than the music, Watanabe is the director for god's sake.

That being said, I'll still continue to watch in hopes of improvement and for the fantastic music.
Jun 28, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2015
angela's song heavily gives me alicia keys vibes, im not sure what it is about it. maybe just the energy and overall performance of it?
the loneliest girl however, it's an earworm. got to it on spotify before i even saw the episode, it's great. their songs are definitely more on the emotional scale.
Jun 28, 2019 7:30 PM

Apr 2016
AAAAAAH, I loved it. They really did a good job of 'renovating' the loneliest girl song, because it felt way more impactful and it was perfect. Can't waitt for the second half of this show, but at the same time, I'm sad to see we're a week closer to its end.
Jun 28, 2019 8:38 PM

Jun 2014
TBH, Angela is essentially the 3rd main character. So I hope she continues to be relevant in the second half of the show.
Jun 29, 2019 4:54 AM
Jan 2019
can't wait for episode 24 and season 2 (if it have season 2)

damn there song make me cry
both of there song is good but i mostly voted for Carole and Tuesday
Jun 29, 2019 6:41 AM
Aug 2015
I've stopped watching the anime after episode 6 but I listen to the different songs of the show and for me Angela's are the best, especially "Move mountains" and "Light a fire". The music, the lyrics, and her voice are really good.

I've started watching Carole & Tuesday because I saw a video of "The loneliest girl" from episode 2 but even the full version in this episode didn't manage to move me more than "Light a fire".

I wish I like this anime more so I could watch it but the songs are the only part I like in this show. Anyway, I'll be waiting for Angela's new songs. =)
Jun 29, 2019 12:34 PM

Sep 2017
Ah man the loneliest girl is so good. So I know the whole point of Mar's Brightest is that the winner gets set up with some studio or whatever to be able to produce an album or something, but I feel like Carole & Tuesday woulda been popular enough to get some offer even if Mar's Brightest didn't say "alright we'll hook you up too." I mean whatever it doesn't matter.

So I figured Spencer would have helped Carole sneak out at (I'm assuming) the first opportunity where their mother would be leaving for an extended period of time. Still tho Mom will probably come back for more. I mean she clearly didn't give a damn about her daughter, but she might still feel like it'll ruin her image or something. Idk, now they might end up popular enough where Mom can't just come in and yank her away.

Well I'm excited to see where this goes anyway.
Jun 29, 2019 12:34 PM
Sep 2016
Yeah at the halfway point I have to admit this show is pretty disappointing. That forced conflict was so poorly handled I can't..Nice music though.
1.1.Six
Jun 29, 2019 1:59 PM
Nov 2013
I kind of wonder if the two are going to end up collaborating with Angela at the end. The story is definitely setting her to be a big rival to overcome but they have similar styles and goals that are fairly compatible. I just get that sort of a vibe, that the three working together would be really cool.
Jun 29, 2019 5:28 PM

Oct 2008
Loneliest Girl was awesome in full version!
good thing Carole and Tuesday, somehow won also due to their solid performance!
poor Roddy and fatdude manager! lolz!
5/5.

Jun 29, 2019 10:43 PM

Mar 2012
kinda disappointed with how they handled tuesday's mom's drama. one would think that by now someone would already have learned who her mother is and the press would be already in that. it's a bit underwhelming, her kidnapping and threat would be better if it happened before the show, to be honest. if she couldn't get to the show because of it, she could have drawn attention exactly to what she's been wanting to avoid.
Jun 29, 2019 11:00 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode for obvious reasons.

I am guessing Angela fancies Tao which is why she is demanding that she focus on her and her alone. Yes, it's selfish but it wouldn't be Angela if her character were anything but selfish and prideful. I am glad she has integrity and refuses to win without having C&T perform.

I wonder if they'll encounter conflicts such as a lot of bands that broke up or disbanded due to creative differences. I know that C&T are bffs but who knows?
臭い-
Jun 30, 2019 2:39 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow that was just awesome ...the stage performance and all
Jun 30, 2019 7:09 AM

Oct 2017
Wow im surprised, I thght the family drama would drag this whole episode but gd thng it didn't. Both angela and Carole & Tuesdays performance was marvelous.Such lovely songs ,both of em were heart touching.So now the mars brightest is over and we will see Carole & Tuesday making their debut,looking forward to it.
Jun 30, 2019 6:17 PM
Sep 2015
Knew they'd play Loneliest Girl but still truly cried; absolutely amazing and great dramatic cinematography with all the still shots of the characters during their performance. Still mixed on the series overall but this was epic and really struck me.

Thinking about it after the fact though they shouldn't have been able to play that well after no practice and Tuesday being away for a week, but they've got the talent I guess...
Jun 30, 2019 6:43 PM

May 2016
I absolutely love this anime, I don't know whats different about this anime that has me rooting hard for carol and tuesday. Im just really proud of those two. If the singers for carol and tueday drop off an album I will definitely buy it.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Jul 2, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2017
Angela's performance was great.
Carole and Tuesday can debut now so I guess it's a win for them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 25, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.