Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime that doesn't get talked about much, or even at all, that you really love?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 12, 2019 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Sailor_Cherry said:
Pripara and Precure franchise, they're both amazing (in my opinion)
Basically this. They're extremely niche and their (small) fanbase loves them, but outside of that there's zero discussion about it.
Jul 12, 2019 12:57 PM

Aug 2018
I loved three characters of an anime, but now that anime is dead since very long, I have watched 100s of show in my life but this is the most heart breaking fact for me in my watching history. It's like everyone who knows the name of QB series are disappearing from the world.

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 12, 2019 1:00 PM
Jun 2016
Anime: Now and then here and there
Manga: Kyou Kara ore wa
Jul 12, 2019 1:01 PM

Oct 2017
Last season's Amazing Stranger. It's a really funny, care-free show about a proper Otaku that many people on here should be able to relate to. It's done in a really self-aware way too. The main girl's voice is super cute. The plot is an Otaku's wet dream (anime figures come alive). I was really surprised it saw such little traction in the community. I loved it and even gave it a 7/10 even though it was just a short because I felt whoever wrote it really understood Otaku and has a very positive take on the culture. The MC even has a sister that supports his Otaku lifestyle.

It's great. Please watch Amazing Stranger.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 12, 2019 1:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
1/2 my favorites list

especially my favorite anime of all
Jul 12, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2016
Symphogear
Danball Senki especially Wars
Shinkalion The Animation
Brave Series
Doremi
Bungou Stray Dogs
Kodocha
Akage no Anne
Lupin The Third
Yowamushi Pedal
BlazingArataJul 12, 2019 1:22 PM
Jul 12, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2019
Kaiba, is a beautiful series made by the same guy that made Tatami Galaxy (I should watch it) and Devilman Crybaby, Masaaki Yuasa.
Also, I could mention Haibane Renmei, maybe is sorta mediocre in the visual section (because of the budget and the studio), but is brilliant in the writing part.
Jul 12, 2019 1:27 PM

Jan 2019
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru and Bakuman

Jul 12, 2019 1:58 PM

Mar 2018
I don't see many people talking about Sakasama no Patema which is one of my favorite anime movies.
Jul 12, 2019 2:24 PM
Mar 2019
For me:

Twin star exorcists
Bungou stray dogs
Trinity seven
seitokai yakuindomo
kokoro connect
Tada never falls in love
and Bakuman
Jul 13, 2019 2:04 AM

Dec 2017
GITS Stand Alone Complex season 1 and 2. I'm surprised they aren't brought up more often when the topic of philosophical seinen is brought up, since I feel they are pretty great and very well done examples of that genre.
Jul 13, 2019 2:14 AM
Aug 2011
Monster not talked about?????
Some of you guys have a very different definition of what not talked about to mine.
Jul 13, 2019 4:51 AM
May 2019
Macross comes to mind as well as Black Rock Shooter I don't see many people talking about them these days.
Jul 13, 2019 4:55 AM

May 2013
Personal favourite hidden gem is Gin no Sagi.

One of the best heartfelt SOL I've seen.

Jul 13, 2019 5:08 AM
Jan 2019
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Just a really great underrated masterpiece imo
Jul 13, 2019 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
hmm, lets see:
Magi
Re-life
space dandy
Jul 13, 2019 5:16 AM
Sep 2017
K project first season
Houseki no Kuni
Jul 13, 2019 5:37 AM
Jul 2018
the tatami galaxy and land of the lustrous
Jul 13, 2019 6:16 AM

Mar 2012
Ginban Kaliedoscope - I've never really seen anyone talk about this series, not on MAL, not on any other anime sites I've visited. Even when Yuri on Ice came out many treated it like it was the first of it's kind to feature figure skating even though Ginban Kaliedoscope did it years ago. And it's much better than YoI

I loved Shounen Onmyouji but I haven't come across anyone mentioning it so far.
Jul 13, 2019 6:31 AM

Aug 2014
Binbougami ga!
Kekkai sensen
Btooom
Drifters
Shiki
Space Dandy
Sunday without god
Trinity Blood
Wolfs Rain
Log Horizon
Ixion Saga DT
Ping Pong the Animation
Mo Dao Zu Shi
Baccano
Cashern sins
Panty and stocking with garterbelt

TheDiabolicEsperJul 13, 2019 6:59 AM

Jul 13, 2019 6:37 AM

Aug 2016
Chrono Crusade
Flip Flappers
Gankutsuou
Shigofumi
SKET Dance
Planetes
Bokurano
Last Exile
Nodame Cantabile

I'm aware that most of these were discussed a lot back when they came out, but I still find it a bit sad that they're basically forgotten now
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jul 13, 2019 6:44 AM

Feb 2018
Baccano
Cashern sins
D gray man
Panty and stocking with garterbelt
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Jul 13, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2017
Shakugan no Shana. Light novels and anime series were very popular in Japan 10-13 years ago. After they were completed,no one talks about it today,both in Japan and internationally,it's underrated as Mushi-shi. Some die hard fans like me remember it,though.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Jul 13, 2019 8:12 AM

Dec 2016
Saint Seiya here. It honestly pains me to see the little amount of people talking about it or at least mentioning it around here. It's one of the most classic shounens of all time yet people act like it doesn't exist, as opposed to his "brother" Dragon Ball.

Though I think it's understandable when it was never ever a thing in English speaking markets, and the fanbase virtually only comes from the Latinsphere (Latinamerica + France, Spain, Italy and Portugal).
Jul 13, 2019 9:10 AM
May 2017
Oban Star Racers, it deserves more love
Jul 13, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
Bartender and Zettai Shounen. Perfect to watch on a mellow day and gives you a few things to think about.
Jul 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Aug 2018
stand said:
Monster not talked about?????
Some of you guys have a very different definition of what not talked about to mine.

I agree. These responses are kinda blowing my mind. A lot of these series being named are popular and have recieved massive praise, especially during the time they came out. Just because they're not mainstream, doesn't mean they're underappreciated.

I was having a conversation with someone one time, and they mentioned how Mob Psycho 100 is a hidden gem. Mob Psycho aired on Toonami...

Mob Psycho may not be popular in his social circle, but a lot of people have talked about the show. They just move on to the next hot topic when the series has ran its run time.

I think the biggest whiplash I've had with these "underappreciated" comments is when someone told me this applied to Death Note. I mean yeah, when you decide to watch a show a decade later after it aired, of course it's going to be difficult to find people to discuss it with, but the hype for that series when it first came out was absolutely insane.
Jul 13, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Princess Tutu - Cute, dark, twisted, unique and phenomenal.
Full Metal Panic! - Hilarious, fun, awesome male and female leads, enjoyable romance and just epic!
Mondaiji-tachi - Awesome, badass, cool and extremelly smart MC and really fun and funny overall.

Jul 13, 2019 11:04 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Idolish 7

To be fair, it's very niche since it's an idol show with male characters. I'm usually a bit skeptical towards male idol shows, but that one was really good. Although their manager is a girl, it never gets to the point that it feels like a reverse harem, so it's pretty wholesome to watch.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 13, 2019 3:07 PM

Jun 2015
Now THIS is a thread I can get behind.

- Kobato.
- Renkin San-kyuu Magical? Pokaan
- Full Moon wo Sagashite
- Malice@Doll
- Paniponi Dash!
- Tenshi ni Narumon!
- Binbou Shimai Monogatari
- Key the Metal Idol
- Gamba no Bouken
- Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!
- Mitsudomoe
- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
- Kyuuketsuhime Miyu
- Tsuyokiss
- Omishi Mahou Gekijou: Risky★Safety
- Pugyuru
- Neko Hiki no Oruorane
- Simoun
- Kidou Senkan Nadesico
- Midori-ko

I could go on for hours... I just love this topic so much. There's so much good anime out there that NO ONE watched or talks about!

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Jul 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
It wouldn't be fair to talk about 80s/90s shows so I choose Houseki no kuni
Many avoided it because it is full CG even though it's one of the best looking animes of 2017 and the story and manga are as good too
Jul 13, 2019 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
Arkab said:
Saint Seiya here. It honestly pains me to see the little amount of people talking about it or at least mentioning it around here. It's one of the most classic shounens of all time yet people act like it doesn't exist, as opposed to his "brother" Dragon Ball.

Though I think it's understandable when it was never ever a thing in English speaking markets, and the fanbase virtually only comes from the Latinsphere (Latinamerica + France, Spain, Italy and Portugal).

Couldn't have said it better, Saint seiya is as much of an influencial shounen as dbz and hokuto no ken.
But instead of receiving the recognition or re-adaptation it deserves, it is going to get shafted by netflix
Jul 13, 2019 3:41 PM
Mar 2016
Baseball anime:
Cross Game + Touch
Diamond no Ace (about as good as Haikyuu imo)
Nodame Cantabile
Beelzebub

Jul 13, 2019 5:35 PM

Nov 2010
Mononoke, but not Mononoke Hime. There was a point in my life that I would recommend this anime to anyone that I knew and everyone thought that I was talking about Mononoke Hime. Btw, this is one of my favorite tv series, I love the art, the music, the characters, everything, it's a masterpiece. But at the same time it's so underrated :/
Jul 13, 2019 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
A small percentage of my favorites, kids, mahou shoujo, and shoujo anime.

Note: After thinking about it for a bit.
ElliestyJul 13, 2019 6:02 PM
Jul 13, 2019 5:42 PM

May 2014
Yuyushiki, Joshiraku, Ani ni tsukeru, the list goes on.
Jul 13, 2019 5:43 PM

Nov 2013
Ehta said:
- Gallery Fake
- Uchuu Kyoudai
- Major
- Kaiji
- Zegapain
- Trigun
- One Outs
- Yume-iro Patissere
- Hoozuki no Reitetsu

And although it feels like everyone has seen it, Haganai.

I second Gallery Fake and Uchuu Kyodai very hard. But this is the most solid list tbh
Jul 13, 2019 6:13 PM
Jan 2016
Angel beats
I think it is an excellent anime 👍
Jul 13, 2019 6:56 PM
Jul 2018
Well my favorite is Ranma 1/2, which never gets talked about at all. But I don't necessarily blame anyone for not talking about it either, because it sucks lol.
Jul 13, 2019 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Definitly Jormungand, one of my alltime favorites, rewatched both seasons 3 times already
Jul 13, 2019 10:40 PM

Jul 2017
It's not really all that un talked about or super underground but a series I think is underappreciated is one I watched recently actually. Silver Spoon is one of if not the best slice of life series I've ever watched. It's just such a realistic representation of life even outside of the the setting of the story. The characters are fantastic and the lessons and themes are incredibly wholesome. I urge you guys to check it out.
Jul 13, 2019 10:53 PM

Jun 2016
Area 88. Too obscure, even among elitists
Jul 13, 2019 11:03 PM
Apr 2017
Some of the answers in this thread are mindbendind.

Baccano, jojo, monster, angel beats, ping pong?

What's the next anime that isn't talked about much? Naruto, death note, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, kimi no na wa?
Maybe it's just different interpretations of "doesn't get talked about" but I've seen people literally talking about all the above-mentioned anime on this board in the past couple of weeks, unlike the vast majority of anime mentioned here (that I generally didn't know in the slightest).

Still, threads like these need to be cyclical, they always carry a fair share of hidden gems within. My ptw list won't appreciate getting longer but I certainly do, thanks chaps.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 13, 2019 11:05 PM

Jul 2016
Houseki no Kuni

Such a great anime with beautiful aesthetics and yet, people excuse it because it's CGI.
In my opinion, the art style is better than most 2D anime out there.
Jul 13, 2019 11:06 PM

Dec 2013
monochrome factor
neko no ongaeshi
Jul 14, 2019 12:17 AM

Mar 2019
Beck Mongolian chop squad, incredible anime for a multitude of reasons
would highly recommend if you like old rock music (jimi hendrix, red hot chili peppers, the who etc) and/or if your a fan of slice of life anime but don't like moe blobs
Jul 14, 2019 12:28 AM

Apr 2017
Baccano, Little Witch Academia (TV) and Yu Yu Hakusho.
Only in death are we all equal.
Jul 14, 2019 1:38 AM

May 2014
Hakaba Kitarou. It's definitively got a very niche appeal.
Jul 14, 2019 3:18 AM

Mar 2012
CLAMP series like Kobato and xxxHolic are talked about, the fans just prefer to talk about the manga more because there's been no real faithful adaptations aside from maybe Cardcaptor, like they added a lot in Kobato but forgot to explain imortant things and then assume everyone knows them, xxxholic removed important connections and went too unique with the artstyle, anime of their other series are like alternate versions to the manga and not adaptatios etc.

Overall I see a lot of series in this thread that I hear about all the time, especially Mononoke, Baccano and Angel beats...

I have to agree on Ghost Hunt and Zettai Shonen here though! And no one seemed to notice the recent Sora no Method was very similar to Zettai Shonen.

And here's my list:
Glaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock and overall Matsumoto Leiji works
Seirei no Moribito and Kemono no Souja Erin, from the same creator, some of the best fantasy atmosphere, characters and worldbuilding.
Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo is a very good mystery series never talked about, unlike Conan.
Lost Universe is never talked about, despite it's being from the creator of Slayers and that it's set in the same universe. (And here I wish Slayers itself would be more talked about too, I feel it's not talked about at all aside from recommendation threads)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei isn't talked about while Monogatari is
also another specific comedy - Hoozuki no Reitetsu.
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, earlier work from the Assasination Classroom mangaka, and imo it's his better work, but no one ever mentions it anywhere.
Jul 14, 2019 3:21 AM

Aug 2017
Girl's Last Tour I'm still watching it but its really good.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Bad dialogues

JoeChip - 4 hours ago

12 by Guilmon1 »»
3 minutes ago

» Shoujo anime recommendations

Daniellaaa - 4 hours ago

21 by Guilmon1 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Is there a correlation between not liking spicy food, and liking bad anime? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Jun 22

59 by DesuMaiden »»
12 minutes ago

» What is the BEST anime?

doctor - Yesterday

46 by DesuMaiden »»
14 minutes ago

» why are anime elves blonde/white haired?

Khashishi - Jun 20

25 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.