Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Things you find problematic/annoying/weird with the story so far? (not a bait)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 7, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2019
While on having fun looking at the plot craters of Dr. Stone using actual science, I wonder why nobody has yet dealt with the elephant in the room: energy and thermodynamics.

Let's ignore the fact that the chemistry of the human body depends on mobile molecules, e.g. energy transporters like ATP. Let's assume the stone magically creates some alternative energy transport. Let's further assume a stoned body doesn't require any energy to maintain. One thing, however, does definitely require energy: thinking. And while the human brain only makes up for 2% of the body mass, it consumes 20% of the energy - in idle state. If you think hard, you use more.

Let's assume a teenager with resting metabolic rate would need 1300 kcal/day to stay alive, which is very conservative. 1300 kcal over 24 hours is 54.16 kcal per hour, which is 15.04 gram calories per second. This equals 62.93 joules/second, which is ~63 watts. 20% of that is used by the brain, which is active in the stoners, and that's 12.6 watts.

One teenager uses 12.6 watts over a period of 3700 years = 3700*365.25 days = 1,351,425 days, which means he requires 1351425*12.6 W = 17,027,955 Watt days = 172323 kilowatt hours over that time period. That's the energy equivalent of about 1.5 tons of TNT, where one kilogram of TNT is good enough to obliterate a small vehicle. If all 7 billion humans are stoned and thinking, we get into the range of a small nuclear bomb's equivalent energy.

It's ... magic!
inimJul 7, 2019 5:11 PM

Jul 7, 2019 5:05 PM
Jul 2019
inim said:
DeathProfessor said:
Creating fuel from plastic is an established chemical process, its nothing as something Nobel prize worthy.
Dammit, now this discussion spreads to here as well. Damn the torpedoes, but: Pyrolysis of plastic into kerosin and diesel is a chemically well understood process, but nowhere near established. You basically need a reactor with several 100C long-term constant temperature, oxygen free athmosphere of a defined pressure, a catalyst (which may be as simple as active coal, but it depends). You also need to take a lot of care to not produce toxines such as dioxin in the process, which happens easily when temperature is wrong or too much halogen plastics (e.g. PVC) are in your mix. You also need a working system to get rid of the toxic waste and fumes. And the biggest problem: you want a positive energy balance, the key to economic feasbility.

While university and industrial research level prototype reactors exist, nobody so far managed find a robust combination for all the lose ends and parameters which would allow large scale, economically feasible processing. The energy balance is the worst problem, it's indeed a process engineer's nightmare - and far from being solved at scale.

That said: I still doubt that the Dr. Stone MC using only ressources and funds accessible to a highschool, or even a mediocre university, can produce liquid fuel in a substantial amount from PET bottles. The chemistry isn't his problem, the process engineering and the reactor parameters are.

Yeah, I stand corrected 'established' was a wrong word to use there. Well at-least the writer didn't choose water made as an alternative for fuel as one of the achievements of the MC. The following line of your's summarizes it.

you want a positive energy balance, the key to economic feasibility.

I am just too tilted by Dr. stone, not a like-able character, just plain pretentious. I still don't know how it is getting 8.3 as rating. I guess its too early and may be the likes are from manga readers, but for me that first episode wasn't anything above 5.

Jul 7, 2019 5:11 PM

Aug 2017
DeathProfessor said:
inim said:
Dammit, now this discussion spreads to here as well. Damn the torpedoes, but: Pyrolysis of plastic into kerosin and diesel is a chemically well understood process, but nowhere near established. You basically need a reactor with several 100C long-term constant temperature, oxygen free athmosphere of a defined pressure, a catalyst (which may be as simple as active coal, but it depends). You also need to take a lot of care to not produce toxines such as dioxin in the process, which happens easily when temperature is wrong or too much halogen plastics (e.g. PVC) are in your mix. You also need a working system to get rid of the toxic waste and fumes. And the biggest problem: you want a positive energy balance, the key to economic feasbility.

While university and industrial research level prototype reactors exist, nobody so far managed find a robust combination for all the lose ends and parameters which would allow large scale, economically feasible processing. The energy balance is the worst problem, it's indeed a process engineer's nightmare - and far from being solved at scale.

That said: I still doubt that the Dr. Stone MC using only ressources and funds accessible to a highschool, or even a mediocre university, can produce liquid fuel in a substantial amount from PET bottles. The chemistry isn't his problem, the process engineering and the reactor parameters are.

Yeah, I stand corrected 'established' was a wrong word to use there. Well at-least the writer didn't choose water made as an alternative for fuel as one of the achievements of the MC. The following line of your's summarizes it.

you want a positive energy balance, the key to economic feasibility.

I am just too tilted by Dr. stone, not a like-able character, just plain pretentious. I still don't know how it is getting 8.3 as rating. I guess its too early and may be the likes are from manga readers, but for me that first episode wasn't anything above 5.

Stop caring so much about the ratings/score. Its pointless to get so worked up about it.

If people wanna give it a high score then they'll give it that score. That's it.

God this entire thread is just pedantic.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jul 7, 2019 5:19 PM

Apr 2019
Slimcoder said:
Na, it is scientific. The point simply is that a global stoning creates plot holes equivalent of 7 billion truck-kuns isekai-ing the world's population simultaneously.

I really hope the experimental archaeology and anthropology they want to focus on in much of the show is worth this hilarious, laws of nature defying bullshit premise.

Jul 7, 2019 5:24 PM

Aug 2017
inim said:
Slimcoder said:
Na, it is scientific. The point simply is that a global stoning creates plot holes equivalent of 7 billion truck-kuns isekai-ing the world's population simultaneously.

I really hope the experimental archaeology and anthropology they want to focus on in much of the show is worth this hilarious, laws of nature defying bullshit premise.

So pedantic basically.

I mean I get it, no skin off my bones especially if ya wanna make inane isekai comparisons.
SlimcoderJul 7, 2019 5:39 PM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jul 7, 2019 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
inim said:
Sebastian333 said:
with that thinking of yours, I will also have problem witth the show, why the f*** did Taiju cloths suddenly clean after soaked with grapes juices for instance. But meh, this kind of mentality will degrade the enjoyment for the show. Just let loose dude, you are thinking too much, nough say' this is JUST AN ANIME.
Well, "just an anime" is a pretty universal and by this pretty usless argument. You could just use the same approach to defend the plot of Hametsu no Mars or any other bad anime.

I'm sorry to repeat myself this argument was used already in another thread, but it is useful to understand the nature of what makes me uncomfortable with this particular anime's approach to science and logic.

Everybody's favorite loli-ecchi No Game No Life without any doubt takes place in a fantastic isekai world with a lot of very "unrealistic" plot and magic everywhere. Yet, when they talk about the math of game theory, and they do that often, they get their shit right. You do not see the actual formulas, but be assured that NGNL does not use science babble, but actual math. This is the sort of dilligence and respect for the science (math in NGNL's case, chemistry in Dr. Stone) I am missing in Dr. Stone. NGNL in that sense is in-world consistent, whereas Dr. Stone just uses cringy science babble to sound cool and while pretending to play in the real world, with real phsycis and natural laws, gives a fuck for them. And that makes all the difference for somebody with a science background. If it is magic, don't call it science. I can just not enjoy a show which constantly insults my intelligence with handwaving bullshit. Your mileage may differ.

I know what you mean, I had a nerd friend that is overly "dramatical-lore officer" and cant enjoy a simple lore due to this...."problematic" thinking....

Nevertheless, if you don't mind, try to be lenient and more acceptance for the sake of enjoyment, otherwise, I shall respect your view should you find it unable to do the simple thing by simple thinking because,,, well its your character right.

Its all come down to whether one allow or not the story how its being presented.
Sebastian333Jul 11, 2019 6:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 7:19 PM
Jul 2019
Gloomy-eyes said:
idk, what did Cap do when he woke up after being frozen for years again?

Hell yeah.. hospital dude.. to recover lot of his body function. do you even watch the scene? Did he directly walk out from the ice? No, he revived in a condition so weak.. his mental condition his body condition, he even barely have any conciusness at all.. This.. is superhero themed movie tho.. but even that they try to keep everything believable and consistent for the world they build
Jul 7, 2019 8:02 PM
Mar 2018
Doodoo_Man said:
Gloomy-eyes said:
idk, what did Cap do when he woke up after being frozen for years again?

Hell yeah.. hospital dude.. to recover lot of his body function. do you even watch the scene? Did he directly walk out from the ice? No, he revived in a condition so weak.. his mental condition his body condition, he even barely have any conciusness at all.. This.. is superhero themed movie tho.. but even that they try to keep everything believable and consistent for the world they build
Dunno why but I really did expect more from your argument, something like:”The injection maintained his physical strength”, but hospital? Lol, the issue here is that body function remained after immobility, including lying obv(not to mention could the injection gain the underwater breath ability?). About mental condition, who cares? That is superhero movie, this is a shounen anime. Where’s the difference?
Jul 7, 2019 8:52 PM
Nov 2015
DeathProfessor said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
the issue I have with his stance, it seems to stem from bias because of his occupation and his critique stems from knowledge outside of what the series presents.

But I'm confused you're issues aren't the same, you have a problem on that the MC doesn't appear to be intelligent and the story does little to characterize that and I've shown you evidence that he is exceptionally intelligent perhaps unbelievably so.

Well whatever you presented as an evidence, is not actually evidence of genius level intellect. Creating fuel from plastic is an established chemical process, its nothing as something Nobel prize worthy. And as I wrote in my first comment the rest are just survival skills, telling mushrooms being apart, building a hut, these are survival skills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1slK30YHOUE here is a guy building a pool with no modern tools. Now there is a difference between a genius and just a simple intelligent person. Characters like L, Light(deathnote), WW(BB), Tyrian Lannister(GoT), Little finger(GoT) are properly portrayed to be like geniuses or highly intelligent, this character is not. The development just isn't there and this isn't an action/comedy like One punch, where the character doesn't really need a development, like it has to be explained how he magically got God-like powers. The anime portrays itself to be based on science. A group of teenagers praising every thing the character says doesn't make him a genius. He has to show something to why he is praised to much. There is literally 0 character development and that for an anime rated above 8 with this kind of premise is unacceptable. And episode one is there for setting a tone, and I didn't like one bit of it. Like the way he was portrayed just for a building a hut and constant smirking like he solved world poverty. The characters just look pretentious and this is tone isn't right for me. May be it sits fine with 10 y.o. but for me I will give it time to finish first then binge watch it, if it still holds its above 8+ score. May be I am wrong and assuming way too early, time will tell.
him creating plastic fuel, is an intelligent feat, and him making the hut by himself despite never doing it before, the person in the video is of different background and training.
Jul 7, 2019 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
yes the premise is shocking and sad to see all of the stone people. but

we never have a chance to form any empathy for them...the change is too abrupt and so the entire series is build on sand, no trust forms in the story or the writer.

Not going to get better I fear..the super scientist expert and the brave protag are old old old. Not even any really cute girls to make it bearable.

Jul 7, 2019 10:34 PM
Feb 2010
People here can't understand you can like something and find probllematic stuff about it.
Jul 7, 2019 10:41 PM
Jul 2019
Gloomy-eyes said:
Dunno why but I really did expect more from your argument, something like:”The injection maintained his physical strength”, but hospital? Lol, the issue here is that body function remained after immobility, including lying obv(not to mention could the injection gain the underwater breath ability?). About mental condition, who cares? That is superhero movie, this is a shounen anime. Where’s the difference?

My god.. you're full of yourself. "Body function remained after mobility" wtf? They've been not moving their muscle not even a bit for like 3700 year's man. Then they hatched from a stone Freshly, without any effect at all. and then every single muscle they have works properly. This, from an anime who happens to be focusing on "Science".

Look, real case people would've been paralyzed, and forgotten how to move their muscle. Even if their nutrition is reserved.

But this is shonen, and i know that. I didn't hoping real event happening to them. But at least.. put a little effort on them so that the event actually have side effect for them not just the nature. What truly happen is, they got stoned.. but meh.. nothing really happen to them, mental health check, all body function check.
Jul 7, 2019 10:48 PM

Jun 2019
Doodoo_Man said:
Gloomy-eyes said:

My god.. you're full of yourself. "Body function remained after mobility" wtf? They've been not moving their muscle not even a bit for like 3700 year's man. Then they hatched from a stone Freshly, without any effect at all. and then every single muscle they have works properly. This, from an anime who happens to be focusing on "Science".

Look, real case people would've been paralyzed, and forgotten how to move their muscle. Even if their nutrition is reserved.

But this is shonen, and i know that. I didn't hoping real event happening to them. But at least.. put a little effort on them so that the event actually have side effect for them not just the nature. What truly happen is, they got stoned.. but meh.. nothing really happen to them, mental health check, all body function check.

They didn't have side effect because of something that will be explain soon, the writing is great with this imo and you'll see.
Jul 8, 2019 8:37 AM

May 2015
AzorAhai said:
1) Stone humans still lying around on the surface:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")

You have a point but you're missing the fact that both characters are clearly crazy, their crazy minds wouldn't be effected the same or to that great of an extant.
Jul 8, 2019 9:51 AM
Jun 2019
AzorAhai said:
- No trace of mankind remains after 3700 years, which is hardly something you'd hardly doubt would happen. It's pretty much impossible even for a stone not to corrode or remain in one place for nearly 4 millennia! I'd hope the story somehow explains this in the future, but right now it's too unrealistic, even for a world where everyone magically turned into stones, to believe that all those stone people are not buried deep underground!
2) Sanity.
- MC, his mad scientist friend and it seems several others (from ED) have been stoned for 3000 years yet they were conscious during the whole period. Considering that the person hasn't lost his mind during ANY of this time...ever, it's incredibly frustrating to see a person emerge from stone as they were imprisoned for a week or a month. It would take years for a normal person to come in grasps with reality and fully realize what happened and where they are right now. Wouldn't you question your very existence and literally EVERYTHING during that time? I can't even imagine what a person can think about for 3700 years lol, ALONE with themselves!
3) Annoying parts.
- MC only thinks about boning his GF. To hell with the world, to hell with parents (unless he's the typical solo-orphan character with no one in the world), to hell with the new wild environment. "how long has it been?" "so it did happen to everyone?" - Forget all that! Gotta find mah gf i've been thinking about for the last 3000 YEARS! The power of boners man...
- Scientist MC thinks about becoming the king of the new world. As if he's just been teleported into one of those farming/city-building simulator games. The fact that 3700 freaking years have passed and the civilization is dead - we're just gonna look over it; shit happens man, gotta move on. The characters take the new world and the time that they spend imprisoned - just too lightly! No trauma, no fear of the unknown, no grief. Just a walk in the park! One character wants to bone a girl, other wants to rule the new world. One is ridiculously smart; another is super strong. Difficulty level:Easy/very easy

P.S before shitposting, know that i don't hate the show and will keep watching it (since i'm in love with post-apocalypse theme); and maybe even read the manga (which is still ongoing...-_- how "unexpected")

while i do agree with you on whatever you said, the thing you have to consider is that this is an anime, and since when does anime makes 100% sense lol.

Anyway another way to look at it is that:

1) the petrification of the human population into stones somewhat made the stones more resilient to corrosion but not to impacts. As evident of many stone humans died because they broke apart in stone form.

2) MC was consious the entire time, therefore he had 3500 years to think what had happened. It may had been he accepted that his parents are lost, and he had the one chance to see if his love interest survives as she is the last person and closest person he was in contact with before they turned to stone.

The thing i like about animes is that because most of the time they make no sense, they are always open for different interpretations. Which is what makes manga and anime so interesting.
Jul 8, 2019 2:53 PM
May 2017
I'm just here to take a daily sip of my MAL of the Day
Jul 8, 2019 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
Yes, it deals with some stuff in a very silly way, I felt that too. 3700 years being immobile yet conscious would make anyone go completely insane.
Jul 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Nov 2018
I think all the points raised are interesting, but I think you missed the point altogether by not considering that when an author creates a story he does not seek to recreate an exact copy of our world but rather a world of his own

❝見つめないで 悲しい方を
目を瞑って 口づけしよう
甘く溶けるメロディー❞

❝邪魔しないで
真夜中のパラダイス
息もせずに潜っていく
二人だけのダンス❞
Jul 8, 2019 5:39 PM
May 2018
I find the MC’s friend kinda annoying. Like after all those years all he could think about or care is a high school crush? Excuse me? Does he not have a family, friends or a more meaningful relationship? Everything else was great
Jul 8, 2019 6:18 PM

Jul 2017
I mean it isn't perfect but a lot of this just seems like nit picking. Didn't exactly expect the anime to be realistic, it's no worse than usual man.
Jul 8, 2019 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Ever heard of fiction ?
And its just the first episode dude, wtf
Jul 8, 2019 7:59 PM
Oct 2017
Best anime of the season, for me it was the best debut and the anime looks promising.
Jul 9, 2019 12:51 AM

Nov 2013
Fotamon said:
AzorAhai said:
@Hafexo

hahaha you basically say don't use your brain when watching such show and then say i should use brain. Why don't you a) take a chill pill, b) don't throw tantrums, c) and use a brain.

t. brainlet

Yeah, we need our Comedy X Shounen Chinese cartoons to be 100% realistic when the plot's literally a laser thing turns everyone to stone but acid unstone's all organs to a healthy state without any water.

I'm once again reminded why I use this shit site for only a tracker, nobody should be exposed to your autism for extended periods of time.

No one asks for 100% realism in fiction. If you've used your eyes and brains, you should be aware of that by now. Just because a story is a fiction it still has to follow rules that makes it "real"; otherwise it would be a trash no one can take seriously. Plus, it's always fun to theorize and discuss things instead of just swallowing what you get showed in your mouth. As i can see you already rated the show 10/10 so it didn't came as a surprise to see you throwing tantrums; you probably haven't read a single civilized discussion on this thread lol; Mal gives opportunities to people like you to mature a bit so try to learn a bit from how others responded to the thread.
I'm once again reminded about narrow-minded, easily triggered fanboys going apeshit at the smallest signs of criticism, here on MAL.
Jul 9, 2019 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
im gonna watch this series to check whats this noise is about

but from the first post alone you have to check if this story is HARD science fiction (which you are trying to make sense of) or just an average science fiction stuff anyway
Jul 9, 2019 6:59 AM
Aug 2016
I this a weed propaganda?
Jul 10, 2019 12:23 PM
Sep 2018
Everyone out here just yelling at op for sharing their opinion, and I'm just over here thinking about how I don' t like how Taiju shouts 90% of his lines it just got really annoying way too fast and I don't know how I feel about that
Jul 10, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2009
The show is literally just one fucking episode in, 1
Jul 10, 2019 1:35 PM
Aug 2018
Ah shi*. Here we go again with finding faults in new anime instead of just enjoying it.
Jul 10, 2019 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
I’m not sure I’ll be able to accept this guys massive crush either. A crush you think about for over 3000 years? These two lovers better have an emotional bonding backstory
Jaywalker.
Jul 11, 2019 2:57 AM
Aug 2014
This was exquisite in terms of cringe. Thanks OP, I'm good for the day.

Btw how old are you?
JJH_Jul 11, 2019 3:00 AM
Jul 11, 2019 11:18 AM
Dec 2018
The only problem I had with the first episode was that the pacing was a bit too fast. I feel that what happened episode 1 could've been drawn out through two more episodes, or just one more at the very least, and we could've focused a bit more on how the world has changed throughout the span of 3700 years now that just about every human (and some other animals too?) on the planet got stoned all at once. But yeah, still a great first episode imo, I'm definitely on board with this. I follow 3 episode rule almost religiously though, so I'm hoping that this doesn't turn out like Kotobuki and fall off all of a sudden through the next two episodes.
Jul 12, 2019 3:26 AM
Nov 2015
dandar said:
The only problem I had with the first episode was that the pacing was a bit too fast. I feel that what happened episode 1 could've been drawn out through two more episodes, or just one more at the very least, and we could've focused a bit more on how the world has changed throughout the span of 3700 years now that just about every human (and some other animals too?) on the planet got stoned all at once. But yeah, still a great first episode imo, I'm definitely on board with this. I follow 3 episode rule almost religiously though, so I'm hoping that this doesn't turn out like Kotobuki and fall off all of a sudden through the next two episodes.
that would honestly drag it out part of the joy of this is discovering the state of this world along with the two characters and needless screen time about the world especially two episodes would significantly drag that out. I'm admittedly a bit biased as I thought the pacing was great.
Jul 12, 2019 3:32 AM
Nov 2015
CrisGer_San_AA said:
yes the premise is shocking and sad to see all of the stone people. but

we never have a chance to form any empathy for them...the change is too abrupt and so the entire series is build on sand, no trust forms in the story or the writer.

Not going to get better I fear..the super scientist expert and the brave protag are old old old. Not even any really cute girls to make it bearable.
I don't know about you but seeing countless people lose their lives so easily does form a bit of empathy in me. Plus why is it necessary to form emphathy for these people,it's not like they are significant characters they are just extras in the story, most apocalyptic stories work this way. We are mainly meant to follow the two protagonist that's the ones that matter and we have to understand their story in trying to re create the world through science.
Technically the entire series is built on stone.

"No trust forms in the story or the writer" whatever this means, but my only rebuttal is that the premise so far is sound and adheres to it's own logic. Not being able to develop emphathy for an entire world doesn't break the story.
Jul 12, 2019 10:11 AM

Jan 2009
episode 2 solidifies this as just some average science fiction show and not a hard science fiction one so those complains on the first post are pointless

we got unrealistic super genius and super strength and i doubt there will be a realistic explanation of their abilities on this show
Jul 12, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2019
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

lmao all of your questions are answered simply if you remember it's a science fiction and not everything should be realistic also about taiju he indeed doesn't have parents, senku wants to re build society and technology that took so many years to exist and that has been destroyed he felt bad for all the knowledge and evolutions lost since he's a sience enthusiast, you had a point at first with how the stones didn't get buried tho still is ain't normal stones btw but that's it everything else is answered in the next epsiodes if you cannot wait read the manga and then come cretic it!
Jul 12, 2019 11:02 AM
May 2019
Agree with almost everything you said, there are a lot of things wrong with the show so far. The most annoying thing with the show is Senku himself, he's probably the only thing that's holding the show at this point in time. A very nonrealistic Personality, awful dialogue and just over explanation of minute things. Half of the show is extremely condescending, I can somewhat understand that but do you really need to explain how to cook food? It's almost like it wants you to stop watching. Also, how do you find someone like the "High school Primate" in modern day Japan?

Honestly, the show is at a 7.5/10 for me right now. Only giving it that because of the decent plot setting. Has alot of potential, but I can tell this show is going to be average
Jul 12, 2019 4:59 PM

Apr 2015
I just consider it a show for 10 years old children. the manga also looks like it was written by a 10 year old.
Jul 12, 2019 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
inim said:
Also the "cool landscapes" (the animation is good quality, no doubt about that part) to me look like isekai.

I think they look way better than regular isekai ones, although I'm not in a good position to judge, because I haven't seen much isekai shows. However if I were to compare Dr. Stone's landscapes to those isekais I have already seen then Dr. Stone looks better for me (yeah, I know it is not an isekai).
Jul 12, 2019 8:22 PM
Mar 2019
AzorAhai said:
2) Sanity.
3) Annoying parts.

100% agree, the only likeable character as of now is Senku, Taiju is obnoxious but not in a likeable way as with Asta from BC. TBH way overhyped and not as good as anime like Vinland or Fire Force.
Jul 12, 2019 8:26 PM

Sep 2018
Dude, the way you are only answering the people who gave bad answers just makes you look like a troll. Plus you are way to rude for someone who just wants to "discuss".

I don't know if it's just me but you definitely don't like this show.

It's shounen. Some things don't make sense like this guy said:

DoruCatana said:

Hunter x Hunter- Killua, 12yo, an assasin, he kills someone, and Gon, his friend, wants to save him and be a good friend for him.

The promised Neverland- 12yo kids or younger with great minds who outsmart adults and demons.

Attack on Titan, 12-15 years old kids that are better to fight Titans than trained soldiers.

But ofcourse, they all have their redeeming qualities and this one also has a lot.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Jul 12, 2019 8:51 PM

Mar 2019
It makes zero sense that every animal is fine and running around yet he had some birds that turned to stone. Even in the second episode it has some birds alive and flying around. But perhaps this will be further explained?
Jul 13, 2019 9:03 AM

Mar 2014
Swizze said:
It makes zero sense that every animal is fine and running around yet he had some birds that turned to stone. Even in the second episode it has some birds alive and flying around. But perhaps this will be further explained?

It won't be explained. Clearly the bird was needed only for the plot, so Senkuu could test the liquid that unfreezes people. Very poor writing in that sense; the stone thing either applies to all living things or just to humans, you can't turn some birds into stone but let the others alive just because you felt like it (I mean, you can, but it's bad writing, a sort of deux ex machina). All worlds should be consistent, even in shounens, even worlds in which people turn to stone magically.

Also, everyone turns to stone with their clothes on and when they come out of the stone they're naked; the clothes somehow desintegrate. And Yuzuriha somehow still retains that hair accessory but not her clothes. Zero logic. So much science involved in this story, but common sense is not used much for the premise.
Jul 13, 2019 11:47 AM

May 2018
Here is what I see that's annoying:

1. when they got petrified, it also included their clothes, so if Senku and Taiju were to be unpetrified it should also include their clothes.

2. Only Sparrow got petrified but not other birds, fishes and mammals.

3. Sanity as mentioned by AzorAhai , yes I kinda agree with him, if you're conscious while being in a petrified state, you loose you mind in matter of months and you probably wished that you're dead.
Jul 13, 2019 10:26 PM

Aug 2017
Is this your first anime
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jul 14, 2019 12:40 AM

Jun 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
1. when they got petrified, it also included their clothes, so if Senku and Taiju were to be unpetrified it should also include their clothes.

No, no clothes where petrified what are you talking about ? The stoning light was obviously aiming to specific species not to fabrics use your brain.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:

This is hella obvious that the guy(s) who petrified humanity was testing it on sparrows, it was basically hinted in the first episode with taiju's flashback.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
13. Sanity as mentioned by AzorAhai , yes I kinda agree with him, if you're conscious while being in a petrified state, you loose you mind in matter of months and you probably wished that you're dead.

Every single atoms of there body was petrified but this is not a regular stone I don't wanna spoil you lol.

Here are they, those ''I should watch dlthis without paying attention to subtle details and thinking all the mystery should be answered in the FIRST EPISODE and if they are not, come to forums and begin to complain'' that's sad.
Jul 14, 2019 3:48 AM

Nov 2013
@Bloe
Dude, the way you are only answering the people who gave bad answers just makes you look like a troll. Plus you are way to rude for someone who just wants to "discuss".
I'm mostly answering to "bad" answers since simply spamming "yeah, i agree with your point of view" or "thanks for agreeing to my pov" to everyone with similar opinion is a waste of time! That clearly went over your head right? But gotta make some assumptions that clearly don't make you look like someone who got triggered...
Plus i'm rude? I was moderately rude to just one troll who's later reply was even removed by moderators. So you basically "cry" about me being a troll/rude/not liking the show/"it's a shounen". If you have read more than 1 of my replies, you'd know my point of view about "it's a shounen" part or "not liking the show" part, but you better whine about my personality or me being a troll rather than to discuss the topic in more than 2 unoriginal and blunt sentences!

And "I" am a troll after this...
Sigmar-UnberogenJul 14, 2019 3:56 AM
Jul 14, 2019 4:49 AM

Apr 2016
this obviously isn't bait and anyone saying it is is willfully ignorant
moe moe ichijou seiya

Jul 14, 2019 5:11 AM

May 2009
Phantom24 said:
100% agree, the only likeable character as of now is Senku, Taiju is obnoxious but not in a likeable way as with Asta from BC. TBH way overhyped and not as good as anime like Vinland or Fire Force.

Then you should be happy because Senkuu is the MC and he won't be leaving the story for some time unlike other characters.
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Sparrows were probably test subjects of whoever one who petrified whole humanity.
Jul 14, 2019 2:19 PM

Aug 2018
Hafexo said:
Dont you notice that this is made into slight comedy? And what kind of personality have MC?
Jeez just use your fucking brain sometimes

Telling someone to use their brain when they are literally using it while watching the show and not consuming and accepting everything that happens without a question like you. Gosh the irony here.
Jul 16, 2019 4:13 PM
Sep 2016
I'm just sort of confused as to how I'm meant to personally engage/interact with the show.
I like how it tries to act "logical" at times but all that makes me think about is how interesting but stupid the premise (particularly how on earth people are still alive) is and it just starts falling apart.
It tends to come off as more of a turn your brain off anime to me rather than the bastion of scientific knowledge in application (on the writer's part) a number of people praise it to be (cause that would imply consistency).
Being ridiculous is fine. Being inconsistent in your ridiculousness is another.
If I find out I'm not supposed to take it seriously as a science show...not that I expect much or anything from shounen jump writers.. then I think I might be gucci.

There's one other more major thing I have an issue with..Senku (?) referred to soap as Dr. Stone...
The show is freaking called SOAP.
WHY THE HELL IS NO ONE CALLING THIS SHOW 'SOAP' ALREADY???? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU DAMMIT?
Do memes mean nothing to you?
Aptu.. I spit in the face of you, the anime community. You have failed this society. You have failed this planet. Smh.
JudoJDJul 16, 2019 4:28 PM
1.1.Six
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

346 by SoftestBlankets »»
Sep 19, 10:31 AM

Poll: » everyone deserves a friend like senkuu

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

16 by Miss_Bandy_Wagon »»
Sep 10, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

164 by Jiborjas »»
Aug 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

158 by Jiborjas »»
Aug 25, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

133 by Jiborjas »»
Aug 25, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.