Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 10, 2017 9:52 PM

May 2010
awal said:
This anime is quite predictable, but at least it's entertaining. I think a strong suit so far for me is like-able and interesting characters (except for rabbit, I don't like that dude). Even if you know what is coming it still is fairly enjoyable.

I don't like the rabbit either, typical edgy guy with a fanbase, meh.
Oct 10, 2017 10:02 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was good but i agree with everyone else saying that this is a little bit too predictable, I mean we already know whos gonna die next just by watching the ep preview/title. Still enjoyable because of good animation and character design but i hope to see some twists and shit in the next couple episodes

And these two first deaths were kinda lame, they are there making plans and strats just to die right after lol
WorthinessOct 10, 2017 10:10 PM
Oct 10, 2017 10:10 PM

May 2014
The voice acting here really is standing out for me!!!!!
Oct 10, 2017 10:28 PM
Oct 2007
OP drools epicness!

Dog warrior death is super anticlimax though. I wonder if Chicken warrior actually predicted that the Dog warrior would boost her up in the plan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 10:49 PM
Oct 2017
Hi y’all! I literally just made an account so I could discuss this with you guys, lol.

Anyway, this is probably my favorite anime of the season so far, it’s the only one I find myself anxious to see the next episode quickly. Sure, it’s a little predictable at times (obviously Niwatori was gonna kill Dotsuku) but I enjoy it nonetheless. I just hope it doesn’t stay predictable, I hope the “title giving it away/narrator always dies” thing isn’t permanent.

I was thinking about Nezumi: he stands out to everyone we’ve met so far, and tonight Chicken & Dog has a deja vu feeling with him... if the prize of this tournament is any wish... what if Nezumi has won this already, and his wish was to do it all over again? Dunno, just a weird thought I had.
Oct 10, 2017 11:38 PM

Mar 2017
Too bad the boar Ino died so soon, I liked her.

The ending song is soooo good!
Oct 10, 2017 11:38 PM
Oct 2017
So backstories are instant death flags. :v Dayum... They better give us something better next episode. The series is promising, but if they continue this. *sigh*
Oct 11, 2017 12:18 AM

May 2017
Gelo_0315 said:
So backstories are instant death flags. :v Dayum... They better give us something better next episode. The series is promising, but if they continue this. *sigh*

To be fair, the show itself tells us who is going to die in the next episode.
Oct 11, 2017 12:19 AM

Mar 2014
VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means

I wouldn't say this is necessarily true, due to the fact that the Dragon was actually the first to die, meaning there isn't a linear order.
Oct 11, 2017 12:52 AM

Oct 2017
We finally getting a good Battle Royale, but we knew dog was going to die, hope we don't get spoiled like this every episode, monkey background is hilarious in a good way. Was going to give an 8 but it is really a 7 for now, if it gets any better this show will be a solid 8, also waiting for a real fight.
Oct 11, 2017 1:25 AM

Nov 2011
Can it be any more predictable?

Oct 11, 2017 1:37 AM
Jul 2011
I am under the impression the Chicken didn't want to kill Dog.
Not so soon.
Not before eliminating Rabbit.

She just went berserk after Dog's doping bite.
megaloadOct 11, 2017 2:08 AM
Oct 11, 2017 1:40 AM
Jun 2016
LunarPisces1 said:
Too bad the boar Ino died so soon, I liked her.

The ending song is soooo good!

I liked boar too, such a let down.
Oct 11, 2017 2:18 AM

Dec 2014
The episode titles have spoiled what happens twice now. I'm going to avoid reading the titles anymore. It probably won't help much though since it seems like whoever is the focus of the episode is going to be the one to die. Damn, this looked like it would be fun but it seems like it's already going downhill.
Oct 11, 2017 2:30 AM

Nov 2014
I really like world building, the set up for the Juuni Taisen and the premise thus far.

I'm not too desperate to immediately get large scale fights so early, seems like they do say that the strategy for the previous fights seems to be laying low. Admittedly, they do have the poison now but it might take some time for the time limit to truly draw out people to fight.

What I'm worried about is the format of storytelling seems to be way to predictable, killing off characters that were just fleshed out for the episode. It will likely end by the end of the series, but I'm just hoping it'll be earlier rather than later.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 11, 2017 2:42 AM

Jul 2013
Scarlett_ryuken said:
Illyricus said:
It was obvious Dog was going to die. Like Boar, he was too overconfident and Chicken seemed too stupid for someone who was participating in a battle royale, it was obvious she wasn't going to be that dumb. She probably knew about his abilities and was waiting the moment he would dope her to finish him. Overall it's a pity, since Dog seemed like a badass.
Also, Ox is receiving a lot of hype, I'm before someone defeats him off-screen and later that character appears telling the viewers how awesome the fight was.

I think the same. The title doesn't helps either. Kinda sad,

not sure if salty or just referencing
I'll leave that to your imagination.
Oct 11, 2017 3:26 AM

May 2012
Best anime in this season.

I liked it when the chicken lady killed than dog bastard. I hope she wins the game
Oct 11, 2017 3:44 AM

Jun 2016
Goddamnit. I really hoped that Boar lady is alive. RIP, gorgeour Boar lady. Fucking Usagi!

So, the Monkey was the one behind th explosion in the building, so that they can get away and she's with the Rat. I ship it. Hahaha. He really loves sleeping, huh?

Nice knowing about the Dog, though, and he teamed up with the Chicken and she's responsible for the birds in the city and uses it to spy on the other candidates. Dog bit her to power her up or something, but looks like he got killed by her. What the fuck.

Interesting episode. Loved it. I just wish that Boar lady survived, but no she's now a walking dead.

P.S. Holy shit that Oax guy, though. What a bishounen! And somehow the Horse guy wants to team up with him, but Oax attacked him!?!?! The Horse guy seems like a nice guy, though. I hope he's A-OK!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 11, 2017 4:27 AM

Apr 2015
damn, really like the OP... kinda cool
ED is not bad too, we get to see the warriors in their casual clothing... nice
too bad for Dog though for dying like that...
feels bad for the Horse who met Ox first... lol

Chicken is Best Grill!!
Oct 11, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2014
Killing by pecking, though =D
Yup, Dog died being pecked.
Nice peck.

I'm going to ignore the fact that everyone are so boring and the whole setting has a big hole and hope I can find enjoyment.
So far: Nope. The only enjoyment I had is when Ayaneru said "Killing by pecking" with her moe voice. That's... not really what you want from this kind of anime... ^^;
Oct 11, 2017 6:28 AM
Feb 2017
I really don’t know how to side with at this point. Like I want to pick someone that I want to win but either the characters die to fast for me to really know if I like them or not or they are just insane. This is such a weird anime, things are escalating very quickly and I’m honestly just confused with where it is going.
Oct 11, 2017 7:12 AM

Apr 2012
So she was waiting for the dog to inject her with that power up juice?

Judging by the next ep title Chicken's up to die next. Mmm, fried chicken....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 11, 2017 7:58 AM

Oct 2013
I really like this OP than keikai. Dog died quite abruptly. 😓 he's kinda like a wolf dog. Want more bunny screen time 🐰🐰
Oct 11, 2017 8:18 AM

Oct 2015
Morakan said:
VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means

I wouldn't say this is necessarily true, due to the fact that the Dragon was actually the first to die, meaning there isn't a linear order.
It was snake who died, not dragon
Oct 11, 2017 8:22 AM
Aug 2015
RIP Doggo
Judging by the title, I guess the next episode will be the end of Niwatori..
Oct 11, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2015
NIWATORI THE ROOSTER IS BEST GIRL
Oct 11, 2017 9:29 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Chicken clearly is best girl but I wouldnt doubt it if she ends up kicking the bucket next episode. Dog man made a big mistake giving her a power up.
Oct 11, 2017 10:28 AM
May 2015
What a waste of time this show is.
Oct 11, 2017 10:46 AM

Nov 2015
whenever a warriors gets a flashback, he dies
Oct 11, 2017 10:53 AM
Apr 2016
AntwanMantilla said:
Chicken clearly is best girl but I wouldnt doubt it if she ends up kicking the bucket next episode. Dog man made a big mistake giving her a power up.

As far as we can tell he poisoned her to increase her physical strength. There is no telling whether this poison will not cause internal damage after the power-up wears off. Doggy might have just did what he wanted, too late though.
Re:formed
Oct 11, 2017 11:04 AM

May 2009
Is there going to be more than "just a killing game", or is the anime truely only about killing each other?
It's still quite enjoyable but it would not get more than a 6 for me if all they do is kill each other without any story or meaning whatsoever.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Oct 11, 2017 11:26 AM
May 2015
michaelh19 said:

Chicken is Best Grill!!

I like the OP too,and I agree,I feel bad for the Horse XDD He seems like a really nice and sweet guy,according to the ED where the warriors are shown in their everyday life and such.

Honestly,
derprume said:
I am still banking on the cat coming in and killing everyone
ME TOO maybe that Duodecuple-or whatever was his name has nekomimis under his hat! XD Oh,wait,just remember he actually removed his hat in the first episode,no ears.. :'D Well, his name means twelvefold,soo. Hmm,maybe he will have a relatively significant role in this show? 🤔

Anyways! This anime will become like Mahoushoujo Ikusei Keikaku
if they keep doing this... Aaand that's not really ok lol.

The Snake... Snakes can live even hours after their head has been chopped off,but guess it isn't our Snake's case... ¯_(ツ)_/¯
NatsukiMutouOct 11, 2017 12:09 PM
Oct 11, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2015
I kinda liked Dog ;_;
Oct 11, 2017 12:44 PM
Apr 2016
NatsukiMutou said:
michaelh19 said:

Chicken is Best Grill!!

I like the OP too,and I agree,I feel bad for the Horse XDD He seems like a really nice and sweet guy,according to the ED where the warriors are shown in their everyday life and such.

Honestly,
derprume said:
I am still banking on the cat coming in and killing everyone
ME TOO maybe that Duodecuple-or whatever was his name has nekomimis under his hat! XD Oh,wait,just remember he actually removed his hat in the first episode,no ears.. :'D Well, his name means twelvefold,soo. Hmm,maybe he will have a relatively significant role in this show? 🤔

Anyways! This anime will become like Mahoushoujo Ikusei Keikaku
if they keep doing this... Aaand that's not really ok lol.

The Snake... Snakes can live even hours after their head has been chopped off,but guess it isn't our Snake's case... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I honestly believe anyone thinking "Aw man this is Battle Royale when they lose after introduction flashbacks" is greately misleaded, or masterfully deceived by this series. But even if it follow the order, so what? The series is still great, the ideas are here. You just have to take them in and at least try to fathom. Of course anyone simply wathcing to see them kill each other will be deeply disappointed, hence they are missing on the way deeper dimension than the one they have on their screen.
Re:formed
Oct 11, 2017 1:13 PM
Aug 2017
According to zodiac sign reference.

The worst match out of zodiac is Rat (lol i read his zodiac reference and he's actually get that sleep manner) and Rabbit ('cause he was unpredictably lucky - according to me).if these two were not fight against each other,then they may be (perhaps) form an alliance to kill Ox ('cause according to Boar "one of the favorite (most) win" then they have to defeat him.)

well,Ox will eventually fight Tiger in future episode 'cause she even look out for him to fight her.lol forget about Ox and get to the booze store instead.)

My theory is if tiger lose over Ox. Then the trio worst match will meet and fight to the dead.

(I hope my theory was right.if it is,then it will be EPIC.)

P.S love the ED/OP
Oct 11, 2017 1:26 PM
Mar 2016
rip dog. loving the show so far
Oct 11, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
The zodiac order is messed up with Snake dying before it even started. Otherwise Rooster, Monkey, Sheep, Horse then Snake again? Third episode will tell us if there is a trend.
Oct 11, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
i was waiting for chicken to kill him whole episode... :D
Oct 11, 2017 1:58 PM
May 2015

I honestly believe anyone thinking "Aw man this is Battle Royale when they lose after introduction flashbacks" is greately misleaded, or masterfully deceived by this series. But even if it follow the order, so what? The series is still great, the ideas are here. You just have to take them in and at least try to fathom. Of course anyone simply wathcing to see them kill each other will be deeply disappointed, hence they are missing on the way deeper dimension than the one they have on their screen.

From what I have seen,people don't usually like predictable things nor repeating the same formulas more than like... twice? From my point of view,it's just a little sad that once you finally get to know more about a certain character,s/he dies. It's hard to get attached to charas like this since we know just a little about them,and the character development is limited. Of course,getting attached to characters in a battle royale is hard since nearly all of them will die anyways,but still,I'm pretty sure everyone is rooting for someone and wishes to know more about their favourites. Not to mention that the character design is pretty good,everyone is different etc
But!! I agree,the ideas are still there,whatever the order will be ,this anime caught my interest from the very beginning and has a lot of potential,definitely gonna continue watching Juuni Taisei and see what will happen next.
Oct 11, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2016
joe_g7 said:
Wow that was fucking disappointing. First Boar, now Dog, do they seriously plan on killing the characters in shitty ways like these two?

They're both killed because they got cocky.

Boar wasn't meant to be there in the first place and her death proved that. Dog was just super cocky and underestimated Chicken. He wanted to kill her first and instead she killed him.

Seems like poetic justice so far.

I hope Monkey doesn't get betrayed and we see her fighting. I'd like for her to live, only because she's a pacifist who seems to be proactive in what she does. I didn't expect that she was the one who destroyed the floor, but it was smart of her to do so.

It would be funny if cat showed up though. Or maybe he already did and he's the one running the tournaments?
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 11, 2017 2:34 PM
Jul 2017
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, however in the ED song, the panning on each of the characters appeared in a specific order that's coincidentally the order of deaths, or at least for the first two characters so far. Boar was shown first in the ED, then Dog.
Oct 11, 2017 2:34 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the boar got killed and transformed into a zombie that was surprising. So the population of Tokyo was erased rather than evacuated then scary. So Sharyu was the one that brought the floor down. To use the whole of Tokyo as their battleground though thats a huge area to fight in. Im surprised that the rooster managed to find him though. Dog sure knows a lot about his opponents though. I wonder whether Niwa really is just innocent or is she faking it. To think that Dog will use Niwa as a decoy but ended up getting killed by her instead. Looks like things are starting to get heated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2017 2:37 PM
Aug 2017
Perhaps if Monkey was the one to win the game and ressurect them all.they might be planning to destroy the juuni taisen creator (Ruleruin ?)

My theory - only specific MC's will get the flashback since Dog didn't tell his (only reveal his power and gets killed off by Chicken.)

Chicken might survive next's episode (if Horse defeated by Ox) and (perhaps?) She will fight Sheep (and its Sheep that actually get killed in the nexts episode?) with her enhanced power (thanks to Doggo).if possible,(final opponent?) Dragon (and Snake maybe?) Will be her next opponent.

All of MC's dead is not just according to the zodiac order (like Snake who get killed in the first place).but also,to their surviving rate if they win against an opponent.

However,Ox is somehow about to kill Rabbit (whose gathering his "friends") but fight Horse instead.FIGHT NEXT - 1).Chicken (spying on Rabbit but just to find zombie Boar and might want to fight her.) and Sheep. 2).Continual Ox vs.Horse

P.S my favorite are always Dragon,Rabbit and Snake?
Oct 11, 2017 3:26 PM

May 2014
Y'know what, I ended up liking Dotsuku so I was kind of gutted when his head got smoothied...you shouldn't have tried to use Chicken girl as a decoy bro.
It seems like whoever narrates the episode is next to die lol
Next week I think the huge, He-man looking guy is narrating??

Anyway, really good episode. The only one I don't like so far is the Monkey girl- her presence puts a dampener on all the insanity going on imo. She's just boring, and she'll prolly be making it to the end too.

Still trying to figure out which twin actually got killed and which one didn't.
Strawberrycake48Oct 11, 2017 3:29 PM
Oct 11, 2017 4:19 PM
May 2015
Strawberrycake48 said:
Y'know what, I ended up liking Dotsuku so I was kind of gutted when his head got smoothied...you shouldn't have tried to use Chicken girl as a decoy bro.
It seems like whoever narrates the episode is next to die lol
Next week I think the huge, He-man looking guy is narrating??

Anyway, really good episode. The only one I don't like so far is the Monkey girl- her presence puts a dampener on all the insanity going on imo. She's just boring, and she'll prolly be making it to the end too.

Still trying to figure out which twin actually got killed and which one didn't.

Snake was the one who died, Dragon's still alive
Oct 11, 2017 8:35 PM

Apr 2009
Maybe this is a set up? They would show two predictable deaths in the first two episodes, and then throw a curb ball to throw the viewers off. I don't think that this show would be so predictable as everyone has already said.

The whole deception that caused the first two deaths (I'm not including the Snake yet because we don't know how he exactly ended up in a circumstance of getting his head cut off) could be a clue to how this show may play out, ultimately.

That all being said... I hope the Chicken girl lives to the very end. Why? Because my zodiac sign is the rooster, lol. I also like her very much. And dat outfit too, lol.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Oct 11, 2017 11:46 PM

Dec 2013
The Rat's gonna win, no ifs ands or buts. Maybe his dad was in the last version of this game too and the guys recognize him from there, either that or maybe he's like the son of the tourney organizers or something.

The Chicken was awesome. Managed to get a boost up by the Dog before killing his unsuspecting ass.

Wonder what will happen between the Horse and the Ox now too. Clearly both raised their hands at the beginning, so if they'd only stop to talk things through.... but we'll see.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 11, 2017 11:56 PM
Aug 2017
L-Ryoshi said:
The Rat's gonna win, no ifs ands or buts. Maybe his dad was in the last version of this game too and the guys recognize him from there, either that or maybe he's like the son of the tourney organizers or something.

The Chicken was awesome. Managed to get a boost up by the Dog before killing his unsuspecting ass.

Wonder what will happen between the Horse and the Ox now too. Clearly both raised their hands at the beginning, so if they'd only stop to talk things through.... but we'll see.

Can a theory prove it ? Guyss i really want to know the truth already 😁😁😁
Oct 12, 2017 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
guess I'm too optimistic, totes thought that dog and chick would team up and grow to like each other, then end in a tragic romance

lmao wtf that was so off, burst out laughing at his death tho, so quick
Oct 12, 2017 5:43 AM

Mar 2014
That was an enjoyable episode. It was obvious from the beginning that Niwatori was shady af lol. First Boar, now Dog. Is this how it's gonna be, are we gonna focus on a character in every episode only to have them killed off by the end? If this becomes a pattern then it will be quite anticlimactic and predictable. The ending was a bit disappointing for this very reason.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

155 by Jawnyblaze »»
Today, 6:31 AM

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.