Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 5, 2017 4:29 PM
Mar 2017
tragedydesu said:
this is too predictable how it will end
just another Nisekoi with different excuse to make the trash blonde girl win

1/10 , dropped

Predictability is not worth rating a show 1/10 after watching one episode. This could be the most predictable shit in the entire world and still end up being a masterpiece. Look at Toradora, it's the exact same situation. I can understand if you don't want to continue with a show but don't rate it 1 if you never gave it a chance, it just brings poor light to what could actually be very high quality
Jul 5, 2017 5:25 PM
Jun 2016
I was pleasantly surprised after going into the show with low expectations, loved the artstyle and soundtrack. As they said, story is like Nisekoi. Still, I enjoyed it.
The OP is damn addictive!
Mariecat1Jul 6, 2017 9:23 PM
Jul 5, 2017 6:24 PM

Sep 2015
So... the desc makes me think of Kuzu no Honkai... And the main girl reminds me of Hanabi.
I feel like the romance was a bit sudden. I guess it is to kick things off. I like how it jumps right to it.... but hard to really cheer for them when barely any development even happens.
And the main character isn't very likeable to me. I like the female lead however.
Jul 5, 2017 7:22 PM

Dec 2015
i cringed watching this...
Jul 5, 2017 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
Goverment workers casually passing through at 12am, especially when it seems that couples can get their notifications by phone xD

And of course messages don't match, something suspicious is going on or just that guy was high while reciving his info.

Also, kinda generic characters, let's see how it will look in next episodes.
Jul 5, 2017 7:38 PM
Nov 2016
Manga readers, I heard that the whole story is basically, "who will the MC end up with?"
Is that true?
If so, I'll drop the anime.
Jul 5, 2017 9:29 PM
Jul 2017
Good anime for young adults looking for love
Jul 5, 2017 9:34 PM
Feb 2017
Honestly kinda neutral right now sure it has issues things like very impeccable timing i.e. The government agents, her showing up after 4 hoursabd him still being there, the notice at midnight although to be far there it's based on genetics so he just happened to have a match immediately unlike others who don't and have to wait. The notification process in general the mc got a hand delivered physical copy while his marriage parter got an email. With regards with people's complaints on the premise the law was passed in 1945 Japan even in real life that very well could have happened in Japan at that time. Now with regards to the marriage that young in most Asian countries people are married far younger than in the west as others have stated. Now in regards to there shallow version of love it makes sense because it appears dating before age 16 isn't really a thing and since you don't have to worry about marriage there really isn't a need to do most people won't know or ever know what our version of love is until they meet there marriage parter. Remember it's present day so it's been 70+ years since the law was put into effect so generally speaking no one would remember the old ways of dating and non physical love from a societal standpoint. So of course love is far shallower since they don't know any better
Jul 5, 2017 9:36 PM

Apr 2017
And The Best Girl goes to :

-HippySnob-Jul 5, 2017 9:44 PM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 5, 2017 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
oh great.. i can already see the salt in future comments

anyway, Misaki fine than a mf XD

Agreed 100%. Got damn.
Jul 6, 2017 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
Fuck the gubment. Elope in another country.
Jul 6, 2017 5:01 AM

Aug 2016
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped

People who haven't read the manga doesn't know that Sanada is the BEST GIRL. ;)

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 6, 2017 6:48 AM
Nov 2015
I'm tired of short haired kind and shy girls being the heroine,fuck this shit
Jul 6, 2017 7:57 AM
May 2013
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Manga readers, I heard that the whole story is basically, "who will the MC end up with?"
Is that true?

Yeah, the mangaka will drag the story for 130+ chapters to the latest with only little developments and still at the stalemate.

The anime and first episode is something that will make non manga readers like me to read it but it was a letdown after catching up.

I'm also hoping here for an original anime ending.
Jul 6, 2017 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
I won't be reading the rest of this thread, because I cringed few times reading only this page. I don't want to cringe even more.

What am I supposed to say. It was great, soundtrack is phenomenal, direction and narration too. I just hope for more drama, not comedy. This episode was heartbreaking, and I don't expect anything happy anything soon to happen.
Definitely looking forward for more.
rsc-plJul 6, 2017 10:40 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 6, 2017 10:51 AM

May 2009
Holy shit, it's like Nisekoi was only romance anime mal users watched. Or at the least the new ones.
Jul 6, 2017 11:25 AM

Feb 2016
Kind of mixed feelings about this.

Can any manga reader help me? Has that message which said the black haired girl's name been dealt with in the manga yet?

I will tread cautiously with this one. I get the feeling that this will be like any other love triangle and this setting is just to give it a different feel. But it would be a bummer for the message they tried to give here if he actually ends up with his chosen partner. Maybe they'll have some asspull at the end that the black haired girl was actually the chosen partner and by choosing the blonde, he actually chose against the government, if the author wants the blonde to win and try to maintain the message he was giving here. But I guess that wouldn't really cut it because he believes the blonde to be his chosen partner. I guess I should stop overthinking so much.

Anyways 3/5.
Jul 6, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
The premise seems good and while it's silly that they fell in love with each other over an eraser, I can't get over the fact that government officials came scrolling through the night to deliver the papers lol. I mean he wasn't even home! How'd they know where is was at EXACTLY 12:00am? Most people are sleeping at that time. Do they pay visits to people at 12:00am all the time? What if he went abroad to celebrate his birthday. Would they travel abroad to hand deliver them? xD
Jul 6, 2017 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
I felt uneasy watching this, it reminded me of Kuzu no Honkai tbh. But turns out it's not as raunchy as that. Art/animation is really pretty. Will be watching more because it looks interesting. People told me it's like Nisekoi which disappointing bc that sucks.
Jul 7, 2017 1:03 AM
Jul 2012
Liesianthes said:
AnimeFanboy1234 said:
Is that true?

Yeah, the mangaka will drag the story for 130+ chapters to the latest with only little developments and still at the stalemate.

The anime and first episode is something that will make non manga readers like me to read it but it was a letdown after catching up.

I'm also hoping here for an original anime ending.
While that's true the series is much shorter compared to many other manga series in terms of pages per chapter so it takes longer.
Jul 7, 2017 4:25 AM

Oct 2016
Hm, I wonder if the government officials intentionally took the couple apart and changed the matching on the spot. Maybe there's a danger factor to allowing couples to come together by true love.
Jul 7, 2017 8:31 AM
May 2012
OMGITSMADDIE said:
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped

Predictability is not worth rating a show 1/10 after watching one episode. This could be the most predictable shit in the entire world and still end up being a masterpiece. Look at Toradora, it's the exact same situation. I can understand if you don't want to continue with a show but don't rate it 1 if you never gave it a chance, it just brings poor light to what could actually be very high quality

lol...toradora a masterpiece...I, personally find it almost trash, it was predictable from the very beginning and the MC female-tsundere bitch who was beating the Mc every 5 seconds made it even worse
Jul 7, 2017 9:57 AM
Oct 2007
Story premises seem very interesting yet weak at the same time. This episode feel cliche but somehow I got absorbed in the show throughout!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2017 11:03 AM

May 2014
Very good adaptation it seems. It was so nice to see the characters alive :D
The OP is also very nice.

GosuGian said:
Who want this?? :3

Now that I think about it, my ex promised me such a mouse pad a year ago...
Jul 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
Has potential

It reminded me a bit of Kuzu no Honkai

Don't really like it visually but may get used to it

(hope it ends dramatically)
Jul 7, 2017 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting premise, so I guess they will be dating in secrecy then? And how much of her feelings she actually faked for him? (she probably couldn't remember the eraser.. or could she?) Can't wait to see where this leads to as there is certain chance of love polygon and although it's a bit predictable and I can already say main heroine isn't so ideal as she seems to be. And his classmate is probably destined to get her as his bride to fuck things up.

HanaKana was great as always and I'm already in love with her new character. Can't say the same for boy's VA, it's a little too high pitched for me.

Got strong vibes of Kuzu no Honkai from this, it's evident Liden actually tries to do something similiar with this anime (even though they can't beat it, that's for sure, but this can still turning into one very interesting series).
Jul 7, 2017 6:55 PM
Mar 2017
MarianSony11 said:
OMGITSMADDIE said:

lol...toradora a masterpiece...I, personally find it almost trash, it was predictable from the very beginning and the MC female-tsundere bitch who was beating the Mc every 5 seconds made it even worse

Dude I'm not calling Toradora a masterpiece XD I'm just giving an example of something that although predictable as hell, is still very good and rated very highly. You can hate Toradora and that's completely fine but predictability means fuck all as something can still be just as entertaining even if you are told the ending from the start
Jul 7, 2017 9:01 PM

May 2015
I thought it was an ok-ish 1st episode... I'm ok with the art of the manga, but here... err, I'm not feeling it for some reason.

OST is really good, but that's a given coming from Masaru Yokoyama. He got a knack for music, especially drama based series.

Having been reading the source for some time now, I got say that my expectations for this are low, unless they alter it for the better, but.. I'll keep watching it for the time being. If this gets worse than the manga in terms of pacing, I'll drop it and just finish the manga instead.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 8, 2017 5:48 AM

Oct 2016
Well, that was an interesting start.. I really thought they would pull off something more than a kiss after the confession since it was too intimate. >.<

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jul 8, 2017 6:59 AM

Jun 2017
I didn't expect that I won't be the only one who'll be bothered by the huge eyes. Hahah!

In my opinion, I find the plot absurd. It's as if I'm watching a fan fiction. Like seriously? at the age of 16 your marriage will be decided? I'm feeling pessimistic about this but I hope I'm wrong because we all don't want to have a bad experience with anime right?

Also, I didn't like how late Misaki was. If you love someone, you shouldn't bear the idea of having them wait for you for hours!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 8, 2017 12:27 PM
Jan 2016
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW
I didn't think I will enjoy this episode this much
I love it
I like this premises and the context of low birth rate they tackling is a real issue in japan
The plot is pretty unique it caught my attention
I will definitely be watching it till the end
God I'm already shipping the main characters together They are so cute
The confession scene and the kissing scene were amazing Didn't though this will all happen in this first episode but I'm so happy that this happened
The soundtrack in this episode was so good
The character design might seem a bit weird but overall is okay
Can't wait to watch more :)
Jul 8, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Was it just me that felt that entire romantic exchange felt really really forced and wrong. Even in terms of the ridiculous lengths anime will go to, to have two characters fall in love.
I'll keep watching to see where this goes, but my hopes aren't high.
Jul 8, 2017 2:36 PM

Jun 2013
Also, what is it with Kana Hanazawa's characters always getting shafted in romance series. Give the girl some love!
Jul 8, 2017 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
So I just finished this first episode.

Can someone please tell me if this law/rule is limited to Japan? If this is the case, what happens if your destined/assigned spouse moves away to another country?

Now with that in mind, why didn't the two characters just move away? I know 16 yrs old is a restriction and limitation in itself but hey that's what parents are for!
Jul 9, 2017 12:24 AM

Mar 2016
Not a bad first episode! I like the concept and the commentary on the population crisis in Japan and I think it could be very interesting as the story progresses. I get the vibe of a little lighter version of Kuzu no Honkai where they anime touched on some very basic romance topics but in a very adult way. I think this series won't be as dark and depressing as Kuzu no Honkai but a very similar approach and with that it could be the best romance of the season or even possibly the 2017 year we will just have to wait and see if it can reach that type of potential.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 9, 2017 1:10 AM
Jul 2017
I watched Episode 1. It's so lewd. 'LUV IT.

Now I have 3 fave new anime for 2017:Alice-&-Zoroku, HAND SHAKERS & Love-&-Lies(Koi to Uso). <3 <3 <3
Jul 9, 2017 4:58 AM

Nov 2016
Woooooooooooooooooow just woooooow seriously the story is just fantastic and magnificent , the art is amazing and the characters are beautiful especially Misaki <3 <3 <3 , In the last part of the episode i cried so much because i remembered Kimi No Na Wa which made me cry like a newborn and that red string enhanced my memory and i began feeling like this anime resembles Kimi No Na Wa a bit so yea this anime is so freaking amazing right from the get-go and i'm 200% certain that it's going to get much better and better ... I'm so damn hypeddddddd for more {-": <3 , Looking Forward !!!!
Jul 9, 2017 8:30 AM
May 2017
When Nejima said meet me at the park, I accidentally bit the inside of my cheek so har it started bleeding! No joke! XD
Jul 9, 2017 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
The eyes are slightly too big. And such a strange lasting memory that could leave a big impact like that.
Jul 9, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2015
Feeling a bit conflicted... I want purple hair girl to win cause love, but the girl they introduced at the end is way cuter so I want her to win. :(
Jul 9, 2017 6:25 PM

Aug 2014
I lost some brain cells today. In conclusion ........

1 word:
Arashi_RogueJul 9, 2017 6:36 PM
Jul 9, 2017 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped

dont drop it..... Atleast you learned something new this ep... that erasers can get you pusssy
Jul 9, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
Attn: girls

Yes, this is pretty much exactly how guys act and feel at that age.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 10, 2017 2:49 AM

Jul 2015
Arashi_Rogue said:
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped

dont drop it..... Atleast you learned something new this ep... that erasers can get you pusssy

don't worry , they will break up because of a ruler xD
Jul 10, 2017 6:51 AM
Jan 2016
if any government really tried something like that they would be overthrown in a week and rightfully so
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jul 10, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2008
I kind of like the premise but I think it's way too predictable and it's obvious how things are going to be. This series is definitely no "Kuzu no Honkai" but I have to agree with those who compare it to Nisekoi. The main protagonist is in love with Misaki who was his classmate in grade school. According to him, he has been in love with her ever since. He's not lying. He's really in love with her but his love kind of reminds me of Raku's love for Onodera. When his chosen partner shows up, I'm sure things will change and the main guy will start to waver between the two girls. For now, I don't really buy Yukari's love for Misaki and I find it quite shallow. He does love her but I see it as an infatuation more than love. If he really loves her, he will choose her at the end but I kind of doubt that. Well, I could be wrong but that is my two cents for now.

My question is how come Yukari received a text message with Misaki as his chosen partner but then right away the government officials show up and conveniently on the same place he and Misaki were in to hand him the envelope which had the name of someone else as his partner. Was the text message an error or did they change the name for some reason? I think there's something fishy going on especially that the government guy was looking at the lady while she was talking to Yukari in a suspicious way.
HatsumiShinoguJul 10, 2017 10:31 AM
Jul 10, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2015
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped
Because she is totally Trash and such a Bitch...oh wait https://twitter.com/SonWukongSSJ/status/884526517803511810

https://twitter.com/SonWukongSSJ/status/884526031427821574
Sup...
Jul 10, 2017 2:55 PM

Jul 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
tragedydesu said:

1/10 , dropped
Because she is totally Trash and such a Bitch...oh wait https://twitter.com/SonWukongSSJ/status/884526517803511810

https://twitter.com/SonWukongSSJ/status/884526031427821574

im tired of seeing tsunderes win
i have seen this scenario so many times
enough is enough

poor Misaki
Jul 10, 2017 6:59 PM
Jan 2017
backtrack is so bad
Jul 11, 2017 1:49 AM
Apr 2013
Mladen said:
No one gonna question two government officials appearing and finding him in the park right as the clock struck 12 AM on his birthday? Like, were they stalking him all day just waiting for his birthday to drop the news on him? I feel like funds for their government would be better spent on something else, but that might be just me. Maybe the world revolves around MC, so he gets a special treatment.

Yeah, you know how government bureaucrats always come and find you in the streets in the middle of the night to give you notices about things? Totally normal. Especially since the mother talked about getting a letter in the afternoon, then he got a weird glitched SMS, then the other girl gets an SMS. So sometimes texts, sometimes letters, and occasionally MiB visits?

I'm fine with the trashy art quality, and stuff actually happened!(someone compared it to Nisekoi which is the poster child of Nothing Ever Happening) But the premise of this world looks like it was never actually thought out. For a system like this to even have a hope of working it'd have to be something like "if you don't pair up with someone by 20 we'll choose someone for you."
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

316 by mayakitty »»
Sep 5, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

131 by HibiChika »»
Aug 7, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2017

280 by HibiChika »»
Aug 7, 8:19 AM

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.