Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2015
Jun 27, 2017 11:36 AM
Mar 2008
Nordhammer said:
@Octave_

The anime adaption,other than minor changes,did not alter how the 3rd volume ends.

There is a fan made English translation out,highly recommend reading it.

I was answering to the people that think Ren and Willem died. They didn't. Those ripples clearly demonstrate it.
Jun 27, 2017 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Fantastic episode! What an ending! I couldn't wait to see today's episode and I'm so glad to see it didn't dissapoint! Best anime this season and one I came to like a lot.

As a matter of fact I actually started reading the LN after episode 11 and finished Vol one a few days ago and because of that seeing Tiat at the end of the episode got a lot more meaningfull. (currently I'm still reading Vol 2).

Oh and I think Willem and Ren still live because of what happens in the scene with the wizard.
Jun 27, 2017 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
To the people who have read the novel. Did the anime adapt everything? I'd appreciate it if you could explain what volumes it adapted and if this is the actual ending. (as in are there more events after this?)

edit: i see people saying it adapted up to vol 3. Does this mean the story continues after that?
Jun 27, 2017 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
Octave_ said:
They didn't die.

Lol glad someone realized the pulse signal.

@Ya-Shiro
It adapted up till end of volume 3. There are 5 volumes for SukaSuka. Of course there are events after this.
Jun 27, 2017 11:41 AM
Jun 2017
Anathor said:
@Vacu0us
@john_suzuki
The scene showed Chtholly when she was born. Yes it's in the past.

@DragonSlayer_19
The scene is from the 5th chapter of the third volume unfortunately :/
but in SukaSuka we are told that once fairies die their body shatters into beads of light and melts into the wind, their souls should then return to Elq (as it was confirmed by her in the anime too). But Chtholly is no longer a fairy so who knows; this could also have a negative implication though.

Well the scene of her birth is from v3 ch 5.

As to why Chtholly's body remained behind the 4th&5th volumes sort of explain that.

Oh and I would argue that the anime adaption is a mess,from the first with it's mega spoiler on thru episode eight.

The anime told a good story,but really it could have been far better considering all the material that was cut vs that which was left in.

Jun 27, 2017 11:42 AM
Jun 2017
Whats cetrain is willem survived since we could see the pulse on his friend blue crystal.. as for nephern she was about to open her gate and let go of willem to save him and the ship but as she let go and willem catching her as she fell.. both off them survived the impact since Chtholly catched them in time an she removed Nephren ready to open gate state (her red eye turning to normal color) meaning Nephren could probably survive..
For Chtholly.. its almost certain her personality is dead as she asked Elq to go back when there was next to nothing that made her her and she was probably taken over by the other personality like Ithea was.. as for her body its hard to say since she fought monsters at a safe distance of willem until she opened her gate and she was able to (walk)? to willem without turning into shards..
Jun 27, 2017 11:44 AM

Nov 2015
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Octave_ said:
They didn't die.

Lol glad someone realized the pulse signal.

It was nice observation :)
Jun 27, 2017 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
Nordhammer said:
Anathor said:
@Vacu0us
@john_suzuki
The scene showed Chtholly when she was born. Yes it's in the past.

@DragonSlayer_19
The scene is from the 5th chapter of the third volume unfortunately :/
but in SukaSuka we are told that once fairies die their body shatters into beads of light and melts into the wind, their souls should then return to Elq (as it was confirmed by her in the anime too). But Chtholly is no longer a fairy so who knows; this could also have a negative implication though.

Well the scene of her birth is from v3 ch 5.

As to why Chtholly's body remained behind the 4th&5th volumes sort of explain that.

Oh and I would argue that the anime adaption is a mess,from the first with it's mega spoiler on thru episode eight.

The anime told a good story,but really it could have been far better considering all the material that was cut vs that which was left in.

It's not a mess imo. The characters were handled really well from their relationships to their feelings and goals. Maybe Willem's character could have given us more insight on his past especially stuff with Nils and his past aspirations. The plot points especially stuff with the beasts and Elq were executed better in the novel, I'll give you that .
Jun 27, 2017 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
Chtolly goes fights all out one last time to save willem and the girls :'(
Seems like they didn't fully die according to the old guy's sensor, probably mentally/genetically messed up somehow thou.
8.7/10
Jun 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
Wait, what happened ? who are the two girls at the end with baby Chlo (I guess)? it is a flashback or her new born ? maaaan I'm so lost right now
TitadouJun 27, 2017 11:52 AM
Jun 27, 2017 11:50 AM

May 2014
My feels are a mess....

I just wanted a happy ending was that so much to ask for...

Excuse me while I go to work with bloodshot eyes ;_;
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jun 27, 2017 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
DragonSlayer_19 said:

@Ya-Shiro
It adapted up till end of volume 3. There are 5 volumes for SukaSuka. Of course there are events after this.

i see, i really hope we get a second season.
Most likely will be buying the 2 remaining novels though, hope i can find them. Had no luck with Cdjapan so far, unless i just didn't search correctly.
Jun 27, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
Nordhammer said:

With hindsight what they cut make sense, since without volume 4 it would have just made confusion for anime only watchers imo. They could have cut the story with Firu but the time gained wouldn't have been enough for anything substantial. 24 episodes would have been too much, 12 + ova is still possible, but looking at other adaptions I don't see it happening. Imo they used their time well.
Like I said in my first post, it certainly had it faults but I'm very happy about how a few scenes/dialogues were altered.

@Titadou Scene from the past about Chtholly's birth. The girls are two fairy soldiers.
Jun 27, 2017 11:53 AM

Apr 2017
Does someone have a picture of sukamoka 4th ?
Jun 27, 2017 11:54 AM
Apr 2017
Decent adaptation overall, loved this finale. The ost's are the really the big thing for me, they really captures the feel of this series (LN I mean). Lol the author sure love to confused it's viewers with that final scene. That was chtholly 15 years ago, the day when she was born.
Jun 27, 2017 12:02 PM

May 2015
I have a question because rn I'm starting to feel that I dreamed this scene. Wasn't there a fight in ep 1 between Willem and the succubus girl? (Can't remember her name) there was a plane, Chtholly was alive also.... seriously I'm so confused. I thought that was part of the plot for the last episode for sure.

THAT MUSIC OMG, I CRIED FOR 10 MINUTES! Such amazing songs!

I don't think a S2 will happen but a Movie is more likely. Like they are doing now with NGNL and Kuroshitsuji.
Jun 27, 2017 12:03 PM

May 2016
everyone's your enough so move to another anime topic
I don't care
Jun 27, 2017 12:03 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiZJP_XLmrQ
The ost...omg its so perfect.
If all eisodes of this anime have this level i would give a 10, but i will keep 8/10 in overall.
Jun 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Mar 2016
Now that's an ending!!! Best final episode of the spring 2017 anime season and maybe even the best of the whole year so far! All I can say is please let there be a season two! If the anime Gods are just then they will provide us with a second season sometime next year...until then I may have to do some reading. Overall this was anime was super close to being great and the ending almost pushes it over the top but for now I'll give it an 8/10 and leave some room for improvement and high hopes for a successful second season!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 27, 2017 12:09 PM

Feb 2014
Started this show for the love of loli's but it gave me all the feels and love.
Best show of the season and the saddest one ever!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 27, 2017 12:14 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Never really got around to liking this series. Overall pretty mediocre and boring show for me. Wouldn't be excited for a S2 but I'd welcome it if it happens. 5/10
Jun 27, 2017 12:18 PM
Apr 2016
Anyone mind to reveal some key plot for LN vol.4 and 5 ?
Jun 27, 2017 12:19 PM
Apr 2015
According with LNs, or at least how I figured out,

LuckyCyborgJun 27, 2017 12:29 PM
Jun 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Dec 2016
LuckyCyborg said:

If that is true then you need spoiler tag it. That is a BIG spoiler there.
Jun 27, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2008
This show fuckin sucks. I knew a bad ending was gonna happen, but fuck it. Fuckin hate it.

9/10
Jun 27, 2017 12:25 PM
Apr 2015
HiddenArmy said:
LuckyCyborg said:

If you teach me how, I will glad to do it. ;)
Jun 27, 2017 12:27 PM

Dec 2016
LuckyCyborg said:

If you teach me how, I will glad to do it. ;)

Read this https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=bbcode .It's all the command you can use in this forum.
Jun 27, 2017 12:30 PM

Dec 2014
HiddenArmy said:
LuckyCyborg said:

It's not true so np
Jun 27, 2017 12:34 PM

May 2011
AsuraDestructor said:
The assumptions that another season won't happen is bizarre to me. We don't have BD data yet.

It's one of those, modest selling BDs that are designed to boost overall Manga, merch sales. From what i gather it won't sell well enough to make an impression that a second season is worth producing.
Jun 27, 2017 12:36 PM

Jul 2016
dedeogbe said:
I feel nothing... only emptiness. Glad I decided to give this one a chance. Very rare for me to cry this much for a show. Now, off to complete the novels.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm actually going to miss this series...
Jun 27, 2017 12:44 PM
Jan 2016
why the girls with the baby at the end looks like Collon and Lakhesh?
Jun 27, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2016
And here ends quite beautifully my favorite of the season. I already had a bad feeling about the ending even though I didn't read the source material and try hard to avoid reading the forums but I kept on hoping I was wrong in some ways ... well, this world is really hopeless, it seems.

Still, there are many question marks left. Nephreeeeeeeen? Willem? and everything else? I'll sure check all I can to answer these questions even though there were many big hints already.

_ For once that's the girl who sacrifices herself to save the one she loves.
_ For once humanity is no more. They were the bad ones who destroyed everything and were completely wiped out in the process (except two).
_ For once the guy with the harem is not a complete useless retard, which makes believable that many fell in love with him (plus the desert island effect, indeed). Willem had many qualities, I did like this guy.
_ For once, ... I fell in love with a troll :)))

A lot of pandering but the anime was very good nevertheless!
Ysad_ZiwezhanJun 27, 2017 1:43 PM
Jun 27, 2017 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
Dat last episode... it was somewhat great! Here's my thought:

Overall, watching this anime felt like a journey. First few episodes captured the mood of the show in a fantastic way! The music played were fairly emotional in every single episodes. But... But!!! there was HUGE problem in the couple of midst episodes as we got only Williem and Ctholly characterization. Felt like too much dialouge and very less action. And the show was feeling constant and there were very few changes in each episodes as if you could skip some episode also. I dont generally mind plotholes that much but that little red child stuff didnt got explain what made her appearing and who is she? Also Nerph could red eye to the end (but she wasn't suffering as Ctholy had). Not to mention, how does Cthlothy defeated all those enemies alone but not others could not did? Well there are more... sigh..

I liked the MC, the soundtrack, the visuals of this show. Oh yeah, there were several tearjerking senarios well.. at least this wasn't something generic story or whatsoever even tho I am sure this show will be a difficult to recommend to anyone. The ending episode was quite better and yeah now I got the mood to know what has happened to MC later and yeah that's where I have to read LN someday in future.

Anyway, 4.75/6 for the last episode and my final score is 6,75... I will sure read the LN some day in future, which I am sure it will be better!

removed-userJun 27, 2017 1:03 PM
Jun 27, 2017 12:57 PM
May 2016
Did you ever feel so sad, empty, and got your heart shattered into pieces that you can't cry it out? Because that's what i feel right now.
I know from the start that it will end up like this, but i still managed to finish it.
Still hoping for a happier ending, but i guess it won't do.
7/10 for this episode, and that kind of ending.
8/10 for the whole series and the never ending rollercoaster emotion.
Jun 27, 2017 12:59 PM

May 2015
I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect an ending like that coming, but it still crushed me, damn it ;__;.... That was a perfectly done finale.

I really hope they'll finish the story with another season, considering they're probably still alive somehow judging by the after credits. That does make me happy.

10/10. Definitely one of the best this season. I'm going to miss this emotional rollercoaster of a ride.
ReverberateJun 27, 2017 1:02 PM

Jun 27, 2017 1:03 PM

Jan 2016
I think the anime delivered everything it meant to deliver and did so very well. Great anime and would love to see a sequel soon!

Anybody mind telling me what happend to Wilhem? Cause the old man said something like they're not dead if i'm not mistaken, the pulse signals must have meant something? Also was that Chtolly reincarnated or her birth scene?
Jun 27, 2017 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
can someone spoil the ending for me , not the ending of the whole LN but the ending of this season in particular , if ctholy , ren and willem died or not .
great ending but sadly not a great anime , 6/10
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 27, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2017
Maybe if they didn't show that particular scene from episode 1, then this episode would have had some impact for me. It was a great anime overall though. 8/10
Jun 27, 2017 1:29 PM
Apr 2016
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me
Jun 27, 2017 1:31 PM

Jul 2007
SkyDrop said:
Felt like too much dialouge and very less action.

WHy would this show have action? Its not an action show.

I dont generally mind plotholes that much but that little red child stuff didnt got explain what made her appearing and who is she?

They literally explained it in last two episodes.
Also Nerph could red eye to the end (but she wasn't suffering as Ctholy had).

Just because something is not shown does not mean it was not happening.
Not to mention, how does Cthlothy defeated all those enemies alone but not others could not did? Well there are more... sigh..

Because she had nothing to lose and fought without a regard to her life?
Also there are no others like her - she has not been a leprechaun for half the show already.

FireFistYamaan said:
Also was that Chtolly reincarnated or her birth scene?

Its a flashback of essentially Ctholly's earliest memory. Anime might not have portrayed it that clearly.
Jun 27, 2017 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
That was a really great show. It piqued my attention from the start. Decent graphic, interesting characters and fabulous music which suited perfectly with the rest. I especially liked the story line, it was somehow captivating. All together created a pleasing enjoyable mood.

The last episode delivered vast amount of different emotions. It was one big carnage. Nephren fighting till the end, Willen striving to rescue anyone despite his fatigue condition, his heroic leap to save Nephren, and Chtholly sacrifice. I really hoped they would survive and it appears they did, at least two of them. I'm also curious is that child Chtholly's reincarnation?

That was my favorite anime of the current season. Now I'm feeling some kind of void. Since I'm really curious how the story will develop, I'm gonna probably grab the LN. I wish they would announce the second season. Overall 9/10.
Jun 27, 2017 1:41 PM

May 2017
I came into this series knowing absolutely nothing about the LNs or anything else.
I almost didn't try it because the "cover picture" on CR was so uninteresting, and I have a huge backlog of other anime to see.

What followed was not only a huge pleasant surprise, but my personal AOTS. It looked beautiful, it sounded beautiful, and the story was deftly handled for the most part - it was obvious that they had too much material to cram into twelve episodes, but I give them credit for doing their best.

9/10 for me, and I'm reasonably sure that this title will be overlooked by many because it didn't come with a lot of fanfare, but I'm equally sure that this will be cited as a hidden gem by many, going forward.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jun 27, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2016

FireFistYamaan said:

Its a flashback of essentially Ctholly's earliest memory. Anime might not have portrayed it that clearly. [/quote]

Ahhhhhh I had a feeling it was something like that
Jun 27, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2015
This was a pretty good show. 7/10
Jun 27, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
This was so sad and emotional, damn, I cried. I loved the series, from start to finish and it's maybe my AOTS. Now I wonder what happened with Willem, Ren and Chtholly, because they seem to be alive, at least Willem and Ren....S2 hopefully someday.
Jun 27, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
SkyDrop said:
Felt like too much dialouge and very less action.

WHy would this show have action? Its not an action show.

I dont generally mind plotholes that much but that little red child stuff didnt got explain what made her appearing and who is she?

They literally explained it in last two episodes.
Also Nerph could red eye to the end (but she wasn't suffering as Ctholy had).

Just because something is not shown does not mean it was not happening.
Not to mention, how does Cthlothy defeated all those enemies alone but not others could not did? Well there are more... sigh..

Also there are no others like her - she has not been a leprechaun for half the show already.

FireFistYamaan said:

Its a flashback of essentially Ctholly's earliest memory. Anime might not have portrayed it that clearly.

Okay. That explains almost all of my confusion! Thanks! Now this show became pretty good for me.
Jun 27, 2017 1:55 PM
Jan 2016
Fai said:

But aren't ALL Leprechauns supposed to be like that? That was the very point of the first bits of drama of this show, that they don't fear death and are basically thinking weapons.
Jun 27, 2017 1:55 PM

Sep 2015
I expected Chtholly to die... but not Willhem or nephren... that caught me by surprise... though I kind of expected it when her eyes turned red too.
Sad... Well there is the pulse signal... But they are down there alone. How iwll they get medical attention!?
And they ended it with Scarborough fair. The started with it and ended with it. Good ending, a bit predictable but at the same time sad. But not overly sad surprisingly since it was kind of sweet at the end.
The ending was not as... intense as I expected when I first got in to the series. still very good series.

One thing that bugged me is that it feels incomplete. At least the world building feels rather not finished. Many questions are still left to be answered.
zcv45Jun 27, 2017 1:59 PM
Jun 27, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
I liked this in general terms. It had a nice plot, good characters, exciting conclusion, but on the other hand it was, for me, somewhat spoiled by the generic setting. Flying machines, RPG-style magic weapons, floating island cities, manimals - have been seen many times. Maybe it too gameish for me.

6/10.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Yesterday, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.