Forum Settings
Forums

Man beaten and dragged out of plane for refusing to leave overbooked plane

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2017 4:57 AM

Nov 2008
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
800$ bucks and a hotel just for a day? Man, that's a sweet deal.
According to federal regulations, they should offer a minimum of 1350 dollars, four times the price of the ticket.

Apr 11, 2017 5:54 AM

Nov 2009
United Airlines is a shit tier company (not that there are really any "good" airline companies in the US).

Feel bad for the dude, hope he sues their asses off.
Apr 11, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
JustALEX said:
Oh and the airline was offering money + hotel?!

Jesus....I would've taken that shit and gladly given up my seat!

This guy's a fucking moron all around!

He wasn't just being stubborn without a reason. He was a doctor who needed to be somewhere at a certain time and couldn't simply negotiate a delay.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 11, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2012

Kek at anyone defending this. You guys have no idea how this shit works, do you?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 11, 2017 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
JustALEX said:
I don't know how people are living in 2017 America and don't already know that when a cop tells you to do something, you swallow your pride and you fucking DO IT!

Welcome to the land of the free, lol. I think I'll avoid Murica and North Korea.
Apr 11, 2017 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
Ameriniggers actually defending this. Fucking typical.
Apr 11, 2017 6:56 AM

Mar 2014
How the fuck are people actually defending United?
Apr 11, 2017 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeAdamOP said:
How the fuck are people actually defending United?
You're supposed to comply with police and they seem to have the right to do whatever they want with their flight, that means that you can be ejected whenever.

It's just that that might not actually fly in a court anyway, if he decides to sue.
He'll most likely win anything related to overuse of force.

Autocrat said:
Apr 11, 2017 8:01 AM

Dec 2009
Apr 11, 2017 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to defend this in any regard.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
United lost over 800 million dollars in stock

If the carrier’s stock is that much lower at the closing bell, United UAL, -2.49% will have about $830 million wiped off its market capitalization. The company’s market cap was $22.5 billion as of Monday’s close, according to FactSet data.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uniteds-stock-is-set-to-fall-5-and-wipe-1-billion-off-the-airlines-market-cap-2017-04-11
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 11, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2009
Don't really see how anyone can defend this, like really...
Apr 11, 2017 9:39 AM
Apr 2014

Good riddance....................................................................................
Apr 11, 2017 9:40 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, that guy and his audience were disgusting.

Props to Americans for being shit once again. You guys do so many dumb shit that even third world citizens like myself can't help but pity.
Apr 11, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2008
John_2001 said:
Wow, that guy and his audience were disgusting.

Props to Americans for being shit once again. You guys do so many dumb shit that even third world citizens like myself can't help but pity.
I liked Craig Ferguson. He was genuine.

Apr 11, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2008

^Really...."kill me".....cuz you had to get off the plane?!

Fucking REALLY!?

I'm NOT defending United....but Jesus....this guy is NOT some innocent victim like many of you think.

Clearly, something is off about him.
Apr 11, 2017 11:40 AM

Apr 2012
JustALEX said:
[y t]HNEQDWpYbZA[/yt]

Fucking REALLY!?

I'm NOT defending United....but Jesus....this guy is NOT some innocent victim like many of you think.

the doctor is a memer

just kill me fam

Apr 11, 2017 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
I directly came to MAL after months of not using it, because I know here I would find the more retarded points of view.

1. "He should not have acted like that", how the fuck would you act like in a situation like this? Not everyone is a submissive little weaboo like yourself.

2. "They offered him money"
No. He was going somewhere for some reason, be that a job, medication, a trip, doesn't matter. He doesn't really have to explain it, but sadly, I do: He could have lost said job, died from not having said medication, or lost even more money than he would have gained by having his planned trip screwed up.

As a matter of fact, he was a doctor, so they didn't offer him jack shit with their $800. I'm sure you would have gladly accepted, because that's probably what you make in a month, assuming you have a job and don't live in your mom's basement.

3. The security company should be just as liable as the airline.

4. Any "should-haves" regarding his behavior are completely beside the point: They'd already decided he was to be taken off the plane. His behavior had nothing to do with the situation. Even if we accept this fucked-up system, the problem is still violence against someone who'd paid for their service.

and worst of all, their cunt of a CEO approving of this.

Ok, now education time is over, I advise you all to do something more important with your lives now.

End Zionazism
Apr 11, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
There's no reason anyone should defend this kind of behavior. What the company did was horrible and is something people certainly shouldn't accept.

Apr 11, 2017 1:15 PM
Dec 2014
Re: "He should've calmly explained the situation" etc.

We can't know for sure whether it happened or not until more videos/witnesses step up, from the video, we could see him screaming while "security" were "removing" him.. with force. Fair chance that if someone were causing most people here physical injury, that they wouldn't just be calm and collected.

We do however know security did talk to the man, and we do not know exactly how he responded then. People usually only start to take videos when things get rowdy.

As to the "kill me" thing, it might be easy to say that it's an overreaction and whatnot, but the guy was probably in shock from getting beaten up and most people aren't going to be in their most composed state at that point.

United was in a difficult condition (can't fly without crew), but they put themselves there in the first place, so I have zero sympathy for them, and hope that they will suffer a severe backlash (be it lawsuit, investor trust etc.).
Apr 11, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
I don't know at what I should feel more disgusted: that a paid Customer was dragged out by Force because of false Management that has been made out of Greed or by the other Passengers, who saw the obvious Brutality to which someone of them was dragged on, but didn't even attempt to stop the Security Guys from mistreating him.

Why doesn't Overbooking work like this: the first one to pay will get his Seat definitely. The second one to pay will only get a Seat if the Machine isn't already full. If Staff needs to travel, they need to know in Advance how many Seats they can offer a Customer or not. Like really, are the Managers from the Airline really that incapable to not have even considered negative Repercussions because of this Incident? Why didn't they just send another Airplane for their Staff if they noticed that they really had to be there?
And to be honest, I don't think that it would have made much of a Difference, if one or two Persons more than Seats were available had been also on Board.
Apr 11, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2008
Mikasa said:
1. "He should not have acted like that", how the fuck would you act like in a situation like this? Not everyone is a submissive little weaboo like yourself.

You understand cops have guns and shit right?

You understand this is America, where we have about a million stories where cops use excessive force....

If you understand those two points, then you should understand why he shouldn't have acted like that.

The guy will sue United and probably win a million dollars or some shit....so happy ending I guess.
Apr 11, 2017 2:13 PM
Apr 11, 2017 2:30 PM

Jun 2011
Noboru said:
or by the other Passengers, who saw the obvious Brutality to which someone of them was dragged on, but didn't even attempt to stop the Security Guys from mistreating him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect
Apr 11, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
Lmao the ceo finally apologized after defending the removal as standard procedure because his stock tanked today

$$$$ talks
zzzeallyApr 11, 2017 3:43 PM

Apr 11, 2017 3:42 PM

Mar 2017
What united was doing was straight up fraud, they can get away with this because the percentage of having a full plane is very low. If it does happen - they have to kick out people that PAID for their ticket.
Apr 11, 2017 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Spicer's next job is PR with United

Apr 11, 2017 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
The heading is wrong, they found mah waifu's doujinshi in that man's phone so I called the security, all the bribed the shit out of the people in the higher-ups, and I said "because YOU are OVERBOOKED".

At least my money made a change...
Apr 11, 2017 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
I heard it was actually illegal what they did. Once on the plane the FAA rules kick in for forced removal. They did not have legal authority nor would police to kick anyone off for the reason they did. They would have had to keep raising the price offered to voluntarily have people leave.
Apr 11, 2017 7:40 PM

Aug 2015
Everyone should boycott United Airlines until they are bankrupt
Apr 11, 2017 8:12 PM
Oct 2012
traed said:
I heard it was actually illegal what they did. Once on the plane the FAA rules kick in for forced removal. They did not have legal authority nor would police to kick anyone off for the reason they did. They would have had to keep raising the price offered to voluntarily have people leave.

I tried to look it up. It doesn't seem to be "illegal", but it does seem to, if one is a lawyer, violate UA's own code of conduct.

Apr 11, 2017 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
The Airline is at fault here. They overbooked the flight and had to kick a few people off because of it, but just because the guy's a VIP doesn't mean he should get special treatment. Anyone could have been chosen, and it just happened to be the guy that went out kicking and screaming. It would be be unjust to pick someone else just because he's a doctor and threw a tantrum.

In the end the biggest loser is the United Airlines, or maybe not. Are people really going to stop using the Airline because of this? Or maybe Airlines in general will practice overbooking less after this incident, even if it means a few less people per flight.

Edit: and I don't mean to imply what the doctor did was wrong. If anything he'll get a better settlement because he got the shit beat out of him. I just think it would be unjust for the Airline to pick someone else because the doctor had a "better reason" to stay on.
-Krouton-Apr 11, 2017 8:50 PM
Signature is too edgy for me.
Apr 11, 2017 8:38 PM

Jun 2015
JustALEX said:

Fucking REALLY!?

Probably because he's a doctor. One mishap could potentially cost you your job and license. And not coming on the job is a big one (especially for surgeons and such).
Apr 11, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
Narmy said:
Noboru said:
or by the other Passengers, who saw the obvious Brutality to which someone of them was dragged on, but didn't even attempt to stop the Security Guys from mistreating him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect
Yeah, I've heard about that. But in this Case, it seems to be more the Fear of Authority that didn't make anyone do anything aside from filming and/or shouting.

Kmolson said:
Edit: and I don't mean to imply what the doctor did was wrong. If anything he'll get a better settlement because he got the shit beat out of him. I just think it would be unjust for the Airline to pick someone else because the doctor had a "better reason" to stay on.
Unjust? Maybe. Still, there would be a Possibility that another Person, who wouldn't be that time-restricted, would comply.
Apr 11, 2017 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
THIS MAN HAS GIVEN PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE TO PATIENTS ILLEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNITED AIRLINES WAS/IS JUSTIFIED IN BEATING HIS ASS!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Apr 11, 2017 9:41 PM

Nov 2009
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/uniteds-stock-is-set-to-fall-5-and-wipe-1-billion-off-the-airlines-market-cap-2017-04-11

Glad this cost them way more than they saved. They deserve it. At this point, due to how many times the airlines have been bailed out, the govt. should realistically own them - Their should be no CEO making Twitter comments amounting to nothing.
Apr 11, 2017 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
This incident will be remembered by US people, shame! shame!
Apr 11, 2017 10:09 PM
Apr 2013
Lel, it turns out this "doctor" lost his license to practice for selling drugs and trying to by gay sex; he also has anger management issues and was given back his license to help him cope, as it was a matter of "family honour".
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4401980/Dr-dragged-United-swapped-drugs-secret-gay-sex.html?ITO=1490
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/11/david-dao-doctor-dragged-off-united-flight-was-con/
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Apr 11, 2017 10:24 PM

Mar 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
traed said:

I tried to look it up. It doesn't seem to be "illegal", but it does seem to, if one is a lawyer, violate UA's own code of conduct.

No it was pretty illegal. The author of this article is a lawyer.
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/united-cites-wrong-rule-for-illegally-de-boarding-passenger/

JustALEX said:

Fucking REALLY!?

He's an old man having an anxiety attack after being harassed and roughed up.
Apr 11, 2017 10:26 PM

Mar 2011
Aureolus said:
Lel, it turns out this "doctor" lost his license to practice for selling drugs and trying to by gay sex; he also has anger management issues and was given back his license to help him cope, as it was a matter of "family honour".
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4401980/Dr-dragged-United-swapped-drugs-secret-gay-sex.html?ITO=1490
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/11/david-dao-doctor-dragged-off-united-flight-was-con/
And this changes things because... it's a just-world complex. He still had a licensee (limited), and if the article is true even more cause not to be late because of the probationary conditions.
Does not change he had patients, paid for the seat, and was subjected to unnecessary force.

"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Apr 11, 2017 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
Silverstorm said:
Aureolus said:
And this changes things because... it's a just-world complex. He still had a licensee (limited), and if the article is true even more cause not to be late because of the probationary conditions.
Does not change he had patients, paid for the seat, and was subjected to unnecessary force.

worth noting that they got the wrong guy. the one being forced out of his seat and having to stay in a hospital due to injuries in his body is not the same Dao that sold illegal drugs.
https://twitter.com/_ClaireConnelly/status/852038054093008896
https://twitter.com/_ClaireConnelly/status/852036052286033921
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 11, 2017 11:06 PM

Jun 2011
DreamingBeats said:
Silverstorm said:

worth noting that they got the wrong guy. the one being forced out of his seat and having to stay in a hospital due to injuries in his body is not the same Dao that sold illegal drugs.
https://twitter.com/_ClaireConnelly/status/852038054093008896

So now he's got to fight libel on top of this assault, lol.
Apr 12, 2017 1:02 AM

Apr 2016
Fuchsia said:
I mean, acting like a child wasn't going to solve anything. If anything he should have tried to talk to those in charge, and said that he's got something important, hopefully allowing he to stay on and another taking his place off the plane. If someone else didn't have something important on, i'm sure they'd swap their places. But screaming and holding onto a seat, that's not going to accomplish much.

He did but they forced him off regardless.

"A man says a fellow passenger who was dragged off an overbooked United Airlines flight protested to airline employees that he was a doctor who needed to see patients in the morning."

- https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/kentucky/articles/2017-04-10/the-latest-united-procedures-followed-to-remove-passenger

Enen no Shouboutai - Joker
Apr 12, 2017 1:44 AM

Apr 2016
Maiyno said:
Fuchsia said:
I mean, acting like a child wasn't going to solve anything. If anything he should have tried to talk to those in charge, and said that he's got something important, hopefully allowing he to stay on and another taking his place off the plane. If someone else didn't have something important on, i'm sure they'd swap their places. But screaming and holding onto a seat, that's not going to accomplish much.

He did but they forced him off regardless.

"A man says a fellow passenger who was dragged off an overbooked United Airlines flight protested to airline employees that he was a doctor who needed to see patients in the morning."

- https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/kentucky/articles/2017-04-10/the-latest-united-procedures-followed-to-remove-passenger

Aureolus said:

This only proves he's still a doctor with someone mot likely supervising him and weather he did or didn't need to see patients the next day despite his situation means united employees didn't really talk it out with him, including security, are also apart of the ones who mishandled this altogether from the get go.

The only actual thing united needs to do is reprimand whoever allowed the overbooked flight and those who forcibly removed him, also remember they needed to remove five people by force for those five employees. Four of those five could've been treated the same or just willingly went with the security.

They also need to apologize if they haven't yet. Including the crew and security.

Either way you paint it, doesn't matter who they were. What matters is that they paid to travel when they wanted to but that freedom (dignity?) was taken from them and disregards the customer.

(Didn't see your post until I posted, excuse the double post.)
LokxeyApr 12, 2017 1:48 AM

Enen no Shouboutai - Joker
Apr 12, 2017 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
Veneficia said:
THIS MAN HAS GIVEN PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE TO PATIENTS ILLEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He still paid for his seat though.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 12, 2017 6:08 AM
Jul 2018
CatSoul said:
Veneficia said:

He still paid for his seat though.

I'm mocking people who will say this or already did.
removed-userApr 12, 2017 7:30 AM
Apr 12, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2012
Guys, did you know the flight might not have been overbooked?

:^)
https://archive.is/K0J0F

So there's a multitude of ways and of people that he can sue and fuck over.

Autocrat said:
Apr 12, 2017 7:59 AM

Aug 2011
Aureolus said:
Why are you so desperately trying to conflate two different issues?

incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Apr 12, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2008
Immahnoob said:
Guys, did you know the flight might not have been overbooked?

:^)
https://archive.is/K0J0F

So there's a multitude of ways and of people that he can sue and fuck over.

The CEO apologized AGAIN?!

Jesus...this has to be a new record of apologies.
Apr 12, 2017 8:12 AM

Nov 2016
Between the leggings incident and now this guy, I can safely say I'll never be flying with that airline.

What they should have done is increase the incentives to voluntarily leave the plane. Offer up 2-3k and watch how many people willingly give up their seats.

Instead of doing that.. Now they're faced with lots of bad press and a lawsuit that's going to cost them thousands and thousands of dollars.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.