Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2017 11:16 AM
Mar 2017
Someone know name of ending song in the last episode?
Mar 25, 2017 11:22 AM

Nov 2013
that hikari outfit =O she is clearly my favourite here

this ending was pretty nice too =D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 25, 2017 11:25 AM

Dec 2014
It's been building up for twelve weeks now so it's time to finally let it all out. This show was fucking terrible! I don't even understand how anyone could like this cringe inducing shit show. Every arc was awful, I keep seeing people say that the 2nd and 3rd arcs aren't bad but that's not true. Just because the first arc was the worst doesn't mean the others weren't horrible as well. The writing of this show... it was a doozy. "Wow, she put a hole in this underwear so she must really do see me as a man." And this is just one of the many amazing lines you can come to expect from this masterpiece. Alright I'm done talking about this. Writing this is taking more than what this show is worth.

1/10
Mar 25, 2017 12:21 PM
Mar 2015
I really enjoyed Seiren, especially characters were amazing, great ending of arc and anime, solid 9/10.

Still, #teamtsuneki :D
Mar 25, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2012
I felt Tsuneki's arc was boring, Tooru's was a tad bit better but still wasn't that great, then I really enjoyed Kyouko's. Maybe an 8 for Kyouko's but I'll rate overall and give the anime a 6.

I'll give Amagami a try in the future and see how that does.

Mar 25, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
Olem said:
I felt Tsuneki's arc was boring, Tooru's was a tad bit better but still wasn't that great, then I really enjoyed Kyouko's. Maybe an 8 for Kyouko's but I'll rate overall and give the anime a 6.

I'll give Amagami a try in the future and see how that does.

Amagami is literally a perfected version of Seiren. I really recommend you check it out.
Mar 25, 2017 12:51 PM

May 2012
CheekyKunt said:

Amagami is literally a perfected version of Seiren. I really recommend you check it out.

Aye, I've heard about that. I've been meaning to try it out for ages now but didn't know whether I'd like the whole separated/restarted arc thing like in Seiren, but it looks like I'm fine with it. I'll give it a go in the near future if it's that good

Thanks ^^

Mar 25, 2017 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
well it had a cute feeling still the very end...... second rc was the best for me though
Mar 25, 2017 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Abyhape said:

please tell me what it's mean because I can't read japanese

It means 'big tits'. Lol
Mar 25, 2017 1:17 PM
Mar 2016
So Shu had a baby with Tooro in the 2nd arc, and with Kyouko in the 3rd arc, but not with Tsuneki on the 1st arc, either way, it's BRAVO!!!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2017 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
Seiren would have been sooooo much better if it weren't so stupid at times! Maybe it's because I'm not in high school anymore so I think in a different way? I don't know, I just believe this show would have gone so well, it's a pity, really.
Tsuneki was annoying. (I don't know why the hell she had so many lines in episodes out of her arc)
Kyouko is eh, nothing special. (Kinda interesting arc, but so cringe-worthy)
Tooru was my girl. Her story was my favourite.

So the last episode wasn't that special, same ending to every other girl's arc, didn't expect anything different. Same amount of embarassment and all that comes with that, too.

I would really like to see arcs for Manaka Hiba and Ruise Sanjou! I loved these two ^^

Total Score: 6/10
ZurakiMar 25, 2017 1:41 PM
Mar 25, 2017 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
Seiren is one of the most boring series I've ever seen with some of the most blandest characters, as well. I just finished the episode and I still can't bring myself to care enough to remember a single character's name.
Mar 25, 2017 2:07 PM

Jan 2017
2Dculture said:
Not sure if its meant to be a tease... but the scene with Kamita and Kyouko on the bench.. if you take the first and last words on that bench.... you get........ ;oP

Sorry for the tease. Ok.. if you take the first and the last word on the bench.. (the rest are nicely covered by the characters)... you could read it as 'big bre@sts'.

Just thought the animators were being a bit cheeky.
Mar 25, 2017 3:48 PM

May 2015
My reaction after seeing the kiss scene...

In my opinion… In terms of ambience this arc had the best romance resolution out of the 2 that had a romantic ending.

Not much to say about this show that other users didn’t said... bu my two cents anyway the first arc was doing great in terms of building a romantic setting about the MC & First Heroine my problem was not the friend-zone ending, that is part of real life. My biggest problem was the way she decided to cut ties with the guy (understanding that she didn’t wanted to make it painful) but come on they didn’t talk or interacted (stated by MC) the whole last school year as seniors and didn’t contact each other if my memory doesn’t betray me for 5 years until that meeting (without any kind of emotion at the end of her arc... my point is that the ending didn’t even count as a friendzone ending after all that word has friend in it and I don’t think that friends (people who care for each other) behave in that way...

After that lackluster end to the first arc the series was getting a tad bit better, but it didn’t surpassed my expectation thus I can’t score this any higher… this being the spiritual successor of Amagami, maybe if this has no ties with that show maybe I wouldn’t get hyped thus disappointed in the process.

Smudy said:
That was super cute. These two are a perfect fit. Everything about them was sincere and natural. By faaaaar the best arc.

All in all, i can say that i enjoyed Seiren. It wasn't as good as i hoped it would be and the first arc really put a damper on everything. Yet the second arc was enjoyable and the third straight up met my expectations that i had before Seiren aired.
This...

dqtl74 said:
Overall this show doesn't match up to Amagami, but if they do do the other three girls' arcs and they are of the same quality as Kyouko's (or better even) than it might be just be able to to live up to the former's legacy somewhat.
+1
Mar 25, 2017 3:59 PM

Oct 2014
an osananajimi route where they actually end up as a couple... what is this miracle?

Seiren is still nowhere near Amagami
even best arc of the first 3 Kyouko arc is not up to par with the arcs in Amagami yet
but... at the least it ends the first cour in a pretty satisfying way.
Mar 25, 2017 4:01 PM

Jan 2014
This was the most cringey anime episode I watched this season overall.

Kyouko is denser than osmium. Tsuneki is still boss. DC assistant girl needs her own arc badly. Kamita suddenly getting a job as an author instead of driving the magic schoolbus was a bit cruel towards Miyamae's arc, and what's with both Kamita x Miyamae and Kamita x Kyouko pooping out kids around 25? Birth rates are low in Japan and couples tend to be a bit older.

Lastly the art took a nose dive too this episode. Guess they ran out of budget. In most of the scenes Kamita's face looked like that of a celiac who'd just stuffed himself with a whole loaf of whole grain bread.

bdsbff said:
"Wow, she put a hole in this underwear so she must really do see me as a man." And this is just one of the many amazing lines you can come to expect from this masterpiece.

Pure gold!
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 25, 2017 4:02 PM

Feb 2014
Oh, it's always good to see childhood friends getting successful in love, together.
It's still something uncommon in animes, so it's always good when we see that.

7/10
Mar 25, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
Very pleasant ending, not much to complain about this arc.
A low 7/10 as a whole. No real surprises in the direction it took. Very vanilla.
Mar 25, 2017 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
This all ended as I thought.
I knew it from episode 4 that I will like Hikari arc the most and that last arc will be the worst.
Tooru arc could be also a little better, but at least I liked the girl.

What I still don't like is that this anime was made of 3 different arcs.
It would be better if it was like that:
first year of school - Kyouko
second year of school - Tooru
third year of school - Tsuneki
or Tooru, Kyouko, Tsuneki

(btw I can't stop thinking that Tsuneki should be her first name not surname)

But probably creators were scared that if they give boring character first then no one would want to watch to the end so they gave the best character at start.

But even so they should still make it one complete anime not 3 parts of it
another idea I just got is that it could be that how it was with Tsuneki, then she goes abroad to learn to cook, in the meantime Kamita goes out with Tooru and Kyouko and when Tsuneki comes back they get back together, and there it would be full 3 years of school with one complete story. Happy end.

I do remember that Seiren was ranked between 8-9 on MAL after the first 2-4 arcs, then the votes started to drop and now it is very low 6.35
I also lowered my vote from 9 to 7 and would get it down to 6 if not Tsuneki and few parts of Tooru arc.

Overall I am very disappointed in this anime
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 25, 2017 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
Viteracf said:
Oh, it's always good to see childhood friends getting successful in love, together.
It's still something uncommon in animes, so it's always good when we see that.

7/10

No, it's uncommon in real life.

People tend to grow up, and then fuck up.

Happy childhood friend couples are extremely rare, unless you are lucky enough to grow up in some rural backwater where the limited choice of candidates keeps you focussed on that tomboy with a lisp next door (next door meaning three acres and a few heads of cattle in between), untill either you've reached sexual maturity, or mom's nagging about grandchildren starts to get to you.

Thyriad-oPPailov said:
This all ended as I thought.
I knew it from episode 4 that I will like Hikari arc the most and that last arc will be the worst.
Tooru arc could be also a little better, but at least I liked the girl.
(...)
But probably creators were scared that if they give boring character first then no one would want to watch to the end so they gave the best character at start.
(...)
I do remember that Seiren was ranked between 8-9 on MAL after the first 2-4 arcs, then the votes started to drop and now it is very low 6.35
I also lowered my vote from 9 to 7 and would get it down to 6 if not Tsuneki and few parts of Tooru arc.

This about sums it up.

They should have just cut it off after the first arc, and maybe do another one with Tooru x Kamita's-friend-what's-his-name-again.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 25, 2017 5:56 PM
Jan 2015
Okay Seiren redeemed itself, but its still pretty mediocre overall and definitely not worthy of being the predecessor to Amagami.
My Queens

Mar 25, 2017 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
the best of Seiren felt like the average of Amagami while that may seem harsh i personally still found quite a bit of enjoyment from this and i can't even say if it was mainly the girls or the routes that they chose or both but it just didn't leave a big impact on me.

6.5 wouldn't mind more judging from the other girls that didn't get covered
Mar 25, 2017 8:46 PM

Mar 2016
I'm still deciding if this series is trash or a series that I liked...

I liked the ending? I'm just really unsure about the show...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2017 10:21 PM

Apr 2013
Well, despite this being my least favorite girl, the arc as a whole was the best of the three. What i really like is how Kamita seemed to have went on after school and started a job doing his own thing, following his own interest. That's way better than the previous two arcs, where, in the first he became a dietician working in Tsuneki's old restaurant, either just to be close to where she was, or hoping pathetically she might walk through the door again one day. And the second, where he wound up being a school bus driver delivering kids to the school his wife works at. Fuck man, find your own calling. Don't be a hanger-on.
Mar 26, 2017 5:28 AM

Jan 2016
in general, Seiren was a nearly good anime and it's rank should be between 2500-3500 in my opinion. and i think this rank (nearly 6000) is too underrated for this show!
Mar 26, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 2014
kowalski_1123 said:
Abyhape said:

please tell me what it's mean because I can't read japanese

It means 'big tits'. Lol
lol, but her tits aren't that big compared to the previous two right..
Mar 26, 2017 8:07 AM

Jan 2011
This was the best arc of the three just in terms of structure and that is saying a lot because this one still was pretty unromantic and lame most of the time.

Overall this spiritual successor to Amagami falls incredibly flat to it's predecessor in every single category. Even if I don't compare it to Amagami it isn't a very good omnibus romance show. It has it's moments but they are very few and far between. The try hard, cringe humor was arguably one of the worst parts. Unfortunate indeed. If another 3 arcs are animated I would still end up watching in hopes they could ride the (better) momentum of this final arc.

With that said, I'm going to work Amagami into the rotation and enjoy that experience again.
Mar 26, 2017 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
Thank God this arc is over, the worst one yet. The only highlight was that the best girl won. Aka Tooru winning Ms. Santa Contest! GO GIRL.

I am hoping that they have a second season though...I mean they have to adapt the last three girls right?
Student Council President is kind of hot so I want to see her arc the most.

Overall the score is accurate. I give it about a 6.5/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 26, 2017 7:06 PM

May 2011
1st arc was nice
2nd arc wasted potential with no direction
3rd Arc ended strong
Mar 26, 2017 8:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Out of the three girls, in my opinion Kyouko had a more lovely and romantic ending. I liked the line where he says the best gift he could have gotten for Christmas was in his hands, referring to Kyouko.

Overall it was a pretty good show. I'd say Kyouko's arc was done fairly well as I enjoyed hers the most. Would have been better overall if they focused more on the romance aspect and making Kamita likable. I was expecting Seiren to be pretty much on the upper half of romance but it felt pretty lacking.

Kyouko's friends were pretty funny and made her arc even more enjoyable.
7/10

Mar 27, 2017 7:06 AM
Oct 2013
Kyouko best ending.
Kyouko best girl.
Kyouko best housewaifu.
Kyouko best mom.

Kyouko <3
Mar 27, 2017 7:08 AM

Jun 2013
that ended on a good note, props to kamita for breaking the childhood friendzone which is the hardest of all. i just realised something though and ever since then its been bothering me.

the two girls from the home eco club are also the same ones from the tea club in amagami ss, and seiren was set years after amagami ss if im correct. so why the hell are they still in high school?

i grabbed screenshots from both series: top being amagami ss (episode 2), and bottom being seiren (episode 10)

the girl with long hair is named Hiba Manaka, and the one with glasses is named Ruriko Yuzuki. if you click on hiba's character profile on seiren it even shows that she is connected to amagami, but for some reason ruriko's character is not shown on seiren. they possibly could have just forgotten to add her, but these two images are proof that they are the same people from both series. unless seiren just decided to pull some supernatural shit on these two girls and made them stop aging for the last 9 years or so, is there any proof why these girls are still in high school even though seiren is set in the future of amagami ss?

you can refer to this forum for more background about seiren's relation to amagami ss:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582292&show=0
Mar 27, 2017 10:58 AM

Feb 2008
I need to stop picking these multiple ending shows. Reason is probably that after a successful first route girl, the rest have to be just as good as the first one. It almost happens with Kyoko, but Tsuneki was my favorite girl of the three.

Still, didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked because of the second arc. That was straight up boring. Kyoko arc raised some hopes, and it was cute and all. But still not enjoyable.

4/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 27, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2014
Best arc imo. The relationship felt natural, the ending was nice and even the epilogue was cute. And thanks GOD we had less cringey moments.

The idea that each girl has her own arc sounds good but with only 4 episodes and weird dialogues.....meh.

Tsuneki>Tooru>Kyouko

And......second season with the other 3 girls?
SkyLETVMar 30, 2017 7:30 PM
Mar 27, 2017 2:26 PM

Apr 2016
This last arc was pretty good, probably the best arc of the three. I didn't like Kyouko when Seiren was introduced but she grew on me. Kamita and Kyouko as a couple are the best of the three I think, their relation feels the most natural.

Not an extremely outstanding show, but I enjoyed it. I hope it gets a second season, the other three girls seem interesting to me.
Mar 27, 2017 2:55 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well after last weeks episode i think its right to assume that both Shoichi and Kyouko have realized that they both have feelings for each other. Lets hope this brings it to a happy conclusion.

Kyouko is a really simple girl at heart though a real down to earth character. Looks like the schools prep for the culture festival is in full swing. Wow Hikari actually looks good in that reindeer costume. Lol Hikari has no shortage of fans eh. Hmm its a good thing that Shoichi came here at the nick of time to help Yukie though. The tree looks amazing thanks to the hard work done by the home EC club. Makoto looks like she's having fun at the festival. So she's the first to try the deer meat eh. So Makoto's in charge of qc for the food eh. Guess its common knowledge that Shoichi is interested in Kyouko eh. Hmm so the home ec club is making desserts eh. I think its nice that they managed to feature just about every support character in the culture festival though. Kyouko's personality really ahs changed though haven't she. In the past she would have been way too shy to do that. Lol Kyouko's reaction on hearing that Shoichi was there for her was pretty cute. Shoichi really is intent on meeting her eh. Even Mako gets the chance to show up too. Lol Toru entering the miss santa contest with her own unique Armour. That sure was unexpected though. Lol Shiori popping out of a sack sure was a surprise. And Hikari lost again lol. Tomoe tripping lol. Hmm so Rin's sister is the head of the PC eh that was unexpected. Its nice to see the girls who Shoichi encountered on the summer school trip and now transferred in have managed to more or less get used to things at the school. Hmm so Shiori was recommended into college eh. Meaning that all their hard work to ensure that Shiori did not get a bad record was for nothing lol.

Its nice to see that Kyouko had fun with the club activities though. She's learned a lot from the club though. Its nice that the members of the club realize what's really bothering Kyouko and support her whole heartedly with her confession to Shouichi. Lol Shouichi being kicked to the ground by Kyouko when she saw what he was looking at. The confession scene was pretty well done though as was his speech. Lol using Kyouko's homemade undies to sit on the bench with. Hmm quite the sweet moment they are having on the roof. Their talk about underwear is cute but strange though. Its funny that one of their bonding moments is with underwear though. The heart to heart talk between them was also pretty good. Im glad that in the end both were able to confess their feelings to each other. The culture festival to me looks like it was a huge success. Toru and Tomoe's pose on stage was cute. And Mako's surprise appearance on stage as well lol. Hikari's little eating contest with the transfer student too was funny. Sanjou and her sister enjoying cake with her subordinate Makoto was funny as well. 10 years later Kyouko and Shouichi are married eh congrats. Shoichi become a manga editor in this future eh. Its nice in the end that they managed to end this arc and this series successfully with a happy ending. I really enjoyed this episode and was glad that they managed to feature just about all of the main and support characters in it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
What a great ending for her. Omg I need the other 3 girls route now!!!
SEIREN +Plus Please! !!
Mar 27, 2017 8:40 PM

Mar 2008
Well goodbye to Amagami lite. I'm not even sure saying that is fair to Amagami since this was a pretty underwhelming show. I'll be curious to see if it sells well enough to get a second season to cover the other 3 heroines. This was pretty weak.

But...well at least this arc kind of ended well. I mean Kyouko and ungodly generic MC are happy with their situation.

The next time I rewatch Amagami I'm going to now fully appreciate Junichi more. Wow he could have been so much worse.
Mar 28, 2017 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
It was okay. Not as good as Amagami, of course. I hope we get another season so Makoto can be the main girl.
Mar 28, 2017 6:05 AM
May 2016
hands down for the best arc throughout the series!

this arc may be the best arc, but still, tooru is the best girl!

hoping for s2 since i pretty much enjoyed this series
Mar 28, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
This episode is good, good finishing. Tooru's arc too, good end. But I feel bad to Tsuneki, poor Tsuneki, hope it will has season 2, but this time skip is annoying (for Tooru and Kyouko is okay, but for Tsuneki is bad), let's see the part 2, 3 heroines remaining...
Final rate, 7/10
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Mar 29, 2017 11:34 AM

Nov 2014
Best arc imho. I still felt like it lacked focus and didn't feel as good as Amagami, but I'd be satisfied if whole anime kept level of those 4 episodes. 6/10 for now.
I hope there will be a sequel - I really want to see Sanjou's arc.
Mar 29, 2017 11:40 AM

Mar 2008
That moment where she leans back and feels 'it' on her backside. Greatness!

Nice to see an exceedingly rare W for the cute osananajimi.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Mar 29, 2017 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
This series had its moments but overall not as good as Amagami. I sure wasn't expecting Kyouko's arc to be the best out of them.

There damn well better be a second cour so I can see arcs for these two.

Also bring on the yuri doujins for these two.
Mar 29, 2017 7:31 PM

Feb 2013
Good show! Nothing amazing but it was still good.

7/10
Mar 30, 2017 12:41 AM
Jan 2016
Kyouko arc help this anime so much
Mar 30, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 2013
A good show, to say the least, KyoukoxSho dynamics felt more natural and the progression from friend/next-door-girl to lover was relateable. Also the yuri couple making out on whom Shoichi was peeking were Home Ec. girls?? Wanted to see more of that new transfer girl and Ikuo's love saga....
Mar 30, 2017 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
A better resolution to Kyoko's arc. Definitely best of all three arcs in the anime.
I was being skeptical if it will also turn out bad like previous arcs but nopes, it was good to watch the romantic chemistry b/w MC and Kyoko.

Tsuneki's arc was dynamic and adventurous. I enjoyed that arc most.
Tooru's arc was plain boring and weird tbh.
Kyoko's arc was sweet and better paced.

Out of these three girls, Tsuneki > Tooru >Kyoko.

Seiren could be summed up as weird fetishes, weird dialogues and even more weird fetishes. Don't know if the dialogues were deliberately written like that or were just plain bad.
Oh but OP had really nice ambiance to it. Loved it.

Anyways, no news for S2 yet? I'm looking forward to S2 with remaining girls showed in the OP. Especially DC president <3

6/10
Mar 30, 2017 2:52 PM

Oct 2008
oh naughty Kyouko, much naughtier than Tsuneki.
4/5.
6/10.

Mar 30, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
Those who haven't seen Amagami-SS please do so and make it a must. You'll see how that series is completely superior to Seiren. You'll also see how much the bar and standard was raised for the omnibus format because of Amagami.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

85 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 14, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.