Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2016 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they really did do this final showdown between Ripple and Swim Swim. Ripple finds herself struggling against Swim Swim's abilities although she does manage to sneak in a surprise attack.

I'm not too surprised that Ripple went for the kill on Swim Swim. She managed to get revenge for her friend Top Speed so yeah. Snow White arrived late. Not sure how I feel about the final battle in general, felt rather predictable imo.

Dec 17, 2016 7:42 AM
Jun 2012
Fuck, no Pythie cameo. No fire extinguishers. What the hell is the surprise for LN readers?

Wasn't Snow White suppose to go after Ripple instantly?
noireoDec 17, 2016 7:55 AM
Dec 17, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
So the girls i thought would survive have survived.
And Swim swim died which was expected this anime was ok tho somewhat predictable at some points.
It was also pretty brutal with everything that was happening.
Dec 17, 2016 8:57 AM

Mar 2013
Justice? Justice.
Dec 17, 2016 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
HOW DID YOU GUYS ALREADY SEEN IT CRUNCHYROLL WONT LET ME WATCH T__T
Dec 17, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2013
Some changes from LN.

Snow White was supposed to follow Ripple immediately.
The thing about giving up being magical girl should have happened before Hardgore Alice died and it doesn't last long.
Also, Snow supposed to find out how to kill Fav by reading Fav's mind and give the signal to Ripple.
Use the Halberd. Snow throw the phone next to Ripple and then Ripple broke it.

Is Lerche trying to make Snow White unlikeable?
fateoffateDec 17, 2016 9:48 AM
Dec 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Jul 2014
Great ending to overall a very good series. If it was more consistent with backstories, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a 9/10

Also...

... current story end and new one begins.

How are the chances for season 2 ?
Dec 17, 2016 9:53 AM
Jun 2012
fateoffate said:
Some changes from LN.

The thing about giving up being magical girl should have happened before Hardgore Alice died and it doesn't last long.
Also, Snow supposed to find out how to kill Fav by reading Fav's mind and give the signal to Ripple.

I am also quite sure that Ripple kills Swin Swin while being affected by flash bang.
Dec 17, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
An appropriately terrible ending for a terrible anime.
It's the Akame Ga kill of magical girls but way worse.
Fuck this anime.
Dec 17, 2016 10:07 AM

Oct 2015
A bit anticlimatic. Snow White didnt do much in the end, but she will probably have more development in the light novels. Looking forward for a second season or jsut finding a good retailer to buy the novels
Dec 17, 2016 10:07 AM
Nov 2015
Pretty meh conclusion, but this episode was much better than the previous few. 5.5/10 overall
Dec 17, 2016 10:09 AM

May 2012
Solid 7/10 from me. Snow White became a badass in the end, huh?

Curious on what the LN readers kept spoiling and hyping on about, so I may try jumping onto the LN unless a second season is announced.

Dec 17, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2010
Overall, as a non LN reader, i liked this serie a lot, the ending was ok but without a second season is all a waste, after all i read on the wiki that there are 4 books and they adapted only the first survival game.
Want Snow White with Ruler (and Ripple) to be a mahou shoujo hunter. :)

Good thing they keep Ripple without the left eye and arm.

9/10
Dec 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2015
Whew such a terrible ending unfortunately the only thing that kept me invested in the series was Swim Swim
Dec 17, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
Just now Snow White get told the idea of this "Master" thing? No wonder she snapped and then late to the duel place.
In the end, the only "magical" thing that's left is their profile character while doing some CQC.
MasceraDec 17, 2016 10:30 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
That was some showdown between Ripple and Swim Swim. It did look like a huge struggle after everything that has happened so far. But it does seem kind of disappointing that it was predictable how the fight ended. It was probably the only effective way to stop Swim Swim from her vicious murders she's committed so far. It's very unfortunate that this selection process came at a high price to pay so it meant that all of those girls never had to suffer cause of the cover-up that Fav had conspired this whole time.

I'm glad that Snow White figured out Fav's real intention on what the Magical Girl Raising Project was really about. The rare lucky's rabbit foot really did the trick and Fav needed to be stopped at all costs. So with that in mind, it would make sense that the project be shut down.

Anyway, I think Snow White has become a lot more different after that last meetup with Ripple. I felt a little happy that she decided to train herself with Ripple and become even greater friends than before.

Well, this was an interesting series and the finale may have been anticlimactic. If they wanted to make another season, it's possible from that standpoint. I do agree that the character's deaths were brutal and some parts were disturbing to watch. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed it anyways.
Dec 17, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
Started off fun and quickly became terrible. I at least think this final episode was decent. I'm confused though about how they transform now that Snow White destroyed the magical terminal thing and the app is gone. What do they use to transform or can they not anymore and that's why Snow White ran away?

4/10
Dec 17, 2016 10:31 AM

Feb 2014
really enjoyed this show tbh angry that all my favs died tho
Dec 17, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2013
bdsbff said:
I'm confused though about how they transform now that Snow White destroyed the magical terminal thing and the app is gone. What do they use to transform or can they not anymore and that's why Snow White ran away?

World of Magic contacted them. They got new phone.
Snow White doesn't really ran away but the reason has too much spoiler for season 2.
If they actually animate Arc 2 of the LN that is.
Dec 17, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
The anime started well but failed to deliver dramatic moments. I'm disappointed how predictable it was.

The animation quality delivered by Lerche was good. I really liked to listen the ED song.

6/10 for me. The writing department failed, but this is a problem with the LN.

AdrianRubinskyDec 17, 2016 10:40 AM
Dec 17, 2016 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
Not a bad ending but it left me empty
Dec 17, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2016
lame ending to lame series
I shouldn't have given it another chance after I dropped it first time.
in the end snow white dindu nuffin, every magical girls are bland with sole purpose of being murdered
no plot besides killing each other for the sake of killing each other
this is like the worse version of akame ga kill. at least akame is rly entertaining.

once again, I really recommend watching kamen rider ryuki for better experience
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 17, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
Szadek23 said:
An appropriately terrible ending for a terrible anime.
It's the Akame Ga kill of magical girls but way worse.
Fuck this anime.
Fuck off with that bullshit
Dec 17, 2016 11:00 AM
Jun 2015
fateoffate said:
Some changes from LN.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, it really seems like they were trying to make Snow unlikable. Its like they threw all of the character development from the LN out the window.
Dec 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2014
GangsterCat said:
in the end snow white dindu nuffin, every magical girls are bland with sole purpose of being murdered
this is like the worse version of akame ga kill. at least akame is rly entertaining.

I wish you did, so I wouldn't have to see you complaining every time I go see the discussion board.
Dec 17, 2016 11:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THE BITCH IS DEAD...HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! Also Ripple became Sasuke lol
Dec 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Sep 2016
NipahAllDay said:
GangsterCat said:

I wish you did, so I wouldn't have to see you complaining every time I go see the discussion board.
can you finally stop complaining about my complain? i'm giving proper comment and reaction here in TITLE DISCUSSION and you are just derailing the thread
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 17, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
Swim Swim finally got what was coming

Great anime, loved the gore

Dec 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Dec 2014
Well, that was a satisfying enough conclusion for me.

Yes! Swim Swim is dead! Job well done Ripple! I knew I could count on you. :D
The fight was pretty decent I guess, That moment when Ripple stabbed Swim Swim was so satisfying. I think I was smiling. XD

So it ends like that, Ripple destroys the master Fav device and both Ripple and Snow White continue being magical girls. I guess they were both selected by the World of Magic but only Ripple responds to them.

Kinda ironic though, Snow White didn't really do anything in terms of battle yet she was the one who survived everything, Then again she was the only one doing real Magical Girl Work. She became quite strong at the end eh? Final moonlit shot of Ripple and Snow White was great.

Overall, A pretty decent series. I liked it. Didn't really like how the characters were killed off so easily and often very anti-climatically, Hated Swim Swim and we didn't really get enough revelations about the overarching plot. I'll watch an S2 if it comes out but I don't think I'll be picking up the LN anytime soon.

7/10 , Bloody and quite entertaining. If only all the good characters hadn't died like that. :(
End Card <3
Dec 17, 2016 11:08 AM

Nov 2015
noireo said:
Fuck, no Pythie cameo. No fire extinguishers. What the hell is the surprise for LN readers?

Good, I am not the only one who was expecting Frederica to appear.
Kind sad.

Anyway, I always thought the first arc was the worst of the franchise so I hope they adapt the others arcs. I want to see Shadow Gale. <3
Dec 17, 2016 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
I really like this series. I wish they did a better job rearranging the events because it make the LN and the anime feels very different. This series is totally not a masterpiece, but I think it does a nice job being entertaining. People complain about it being predictable and it's understandable, but how they handle those death was honestly pretty neat. It still manage to bring some surprise. If I was being honest, I'll give this anime a solid 7 or a strong 6, but an 8.4 for my personal score.
NipahAllDayDec 17, 2016 11:11 AM
Dec 17, 2016 11:09 AM
Oct 2016
Ebian said:
Whew such a terrible ending unfortunately the only thing that kept me invested in the series was Swim Swim
swim swim was bitch
Dec 17, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
Great ending.I really loved the anime, 9/10 almost 10 material. Ripple best girl, i thought it was over for her, glad she made it.
One-eyed pirate Ripple is the best
Dec 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
GangsterCat said:
NipahAllDay said:
can you finally stop complaining about my complain? i'm giving proper comment and reaction here in TITLE DISCUSSION and you are just derailing the thread
Sure, but your previous comments were pretty obnoxious. At least you tried to justify your point now, so I'll stop.
Dec 17, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
this show was probably the best battle royal anime ive seen. every character had an important role to play and never overstayed their time on the screen (cause they got fuking wrecked). they kept it simple, giving us backstory and their reasons for doing what they do so that we could grasp what motivates them (and gives their death weight).

Swim swim is definitely the best villain of the season. she's talented, ruthless, and calculating, all for the simple reason that she's a promising child who wanted to make it in a death game. children truly are scary. really wished she was revived too cause you know she would fuck magic land up.

this is a clean 7/10. i couldn't even finish akame ga kill either.
Dec 17, 2016 11:15 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this ending was alright but it still doesn't really feel like Snow White actually did anything, cos all she really did was tell Ripple that Swim Swim's weapon would be able to kill Fav. Still, we got a lot of justice in this episode with both Fav and Swim Swim finally dying, so it's not all bad.
I don't expect a second season though, cos this ending seemed rather conclusive, even if the novels do go further than this. Guess I'll just wait until they are released in English to see how the story progresses from here.

8/10
Dec 17, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2013
So it's over. It was getting worse almost every episode ... but I got through. I suppose it wasn't that bad after all since I didn't drop it
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Dec 17, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
Well it looks like my prediction last week wasn't entirely correct. I thought Ripple and Swim Swim would both die and Snow White would be the only one left, but Ripple ended up surviving. At least they got rid of Fav.

An ok show, didn't really love/like it, but I didn't hate it either. 5/10.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
the ending was ok but what i really wanna know is will they do the other arcs aswell cause i read that there is alot more story after this and its gets alot better what this animated was just book 1 while there are like 10 currently and more coming

so if anything im kinda hoping they will animate the other arcs aswell if not in series forms they could make them movies

anyway over all this 1st arc was nice really hope they do more
"one step at a time"
Dec 17, 2016 11:35 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something...the whole idea was so trash and all. Stupid magic girls training project
Dec 17, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2011
I don't know, I think some of you are being a way too critical. For a Battle Royale anime this was completely solid: the action was there every single episode aside at the beginning (which was interesting nowadays), Lerche's animation delivered, the blood and everything was there (but wasn't disguisting random neither), the atmosphere was there, pretty much all the characters got some neat back story aside a few. And maybe, over all things, is that the anime wasn't really that obvious, you just need to see at the comments at each episode how pretty much everything took us by surprise aside the ending and a few death flags (though many of us didn't expect that Fav would get what he deserved).

Anyway, I loved the anime and the ending! Swim Swim and Fav were awesome villians (Cranberry not so much, but she never got too much screen time to start with), personally I always licked Snow White and now more than never (while I not agree with everything she did, a good strategy - from being a good person too - is always to not gain unnecesary enemies)! And over all things, justice, sweet sweet justice with Ripple getting her revenge for the loved by everyone Top Speed ;-;. Though I gotta admit what I enjoyed the most was seeing Fav getting real punished (we all know that in the moment Ripple heard him is that he isn't gonna have a good time for the time being).

The ending can be felt a bit dull without S2, but I'm almost confident that we WILL get the S2, so I'm completely OK that they left it open and all. Lovely ending card for the memories, too! BTW Pirate-like Ripple is badass.

RIP Alice ;----;
NyaraDec 17, 2016 11:54 AM
Dec 17, 2016 11:38 AM
Apr 2016
I must say that justice was made and i do hope a S2 cuz the only animated 1 volume of the novel.

i enjoyed the show despit the poor character development.

I hope to see more of it

cheers
Dec 17, 2016 11:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All the truth revelated!!!!

Riple kill Swin Swin!!!

Sad final to my opinion, because all the way, 16 Mahou in the begining and ends stay alive only 2, Snow white and Riple ; _ ;

7/10.
Dec 17, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2016
Good ending to a decent series overall. Would've like to see a bit more of cranberry and her past as a magical girl but it's whatever.
7/10.
Dec 17, 2016 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
That little bitch got what she deserved, well done!

Decent ending for me. Koyuki got tired of everyone´s shit and decided to act more rough. I can´t blame her.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Dec 17, 2016 11:47 AM
Jul 2016
I'm completely here to watch a S2 if it gets made, but the finale was a bit underwhelming for me. I'm going to read the novels now and see how those treat me.
Dec 17, 2016 11:51 AM
Sep 2015
It's good, but not the way that I expected it to be.
If there is a second season, I won't watch it.
The plot doesn't make any sense. All I watched was blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood and more blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood...
Dec 17, 2016 11:58 AM
Sep 2015
Alsooo, the titles made no sense! They didn't had anything to do with the episodes at all.
Seriously, naming an episode 'File not Found' is stupid.
Dec 17, 2016 12:00 PM

Dec 2011
JOELbedulla said:
Alsooo, the titles made no sense! They didn't had anything to do with the episodes at all.
Seriously, naming an episode 'File not Found' is stupid.

Fav is not found anymore.
Dec 17, 2016 12:06 PM
Aug 2011
6/10 or 7/10, it's fine as it is.

Issues with character and story at some points but still good in the end.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.