Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2016 11:30 AM

Jun 2014
Ah, my Jojo greatness. I am so happy they are adapting the fourt part. It was an amazing episode. Love to see Jotaro back kicking ass. And Josuke is a boss.
Apr 1, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
"What a beautiful Duwang!"

Dank the lord that JoJo is back!! We're only one episode in and I already love Jousuke. You never question a man's hair. Never.

And Tomoko is such a MILF. I completely understand why Joseph/Broseph pulled a quick one on Suzie Q ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dankzelApr 1, 2016 1:17 PM
Apr 1, 2016 11:39 AM

Mar 2016
Very good episode it looks promising for this adaptation of best part in the series.
I was thinking it was Jouske's mother at the beginning of the episode unntil i saw the hand xD.
Glad to see it ranked 8th at MAL ther is so much hype about this show. And next week the new OP and ED.
Apr 1, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2009
Fucking copyrights
Apr 1, 2016 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
Great to have Jojo back.
Josuke is already a nice character, very fun.
Jotaro is still a badass.
Apr 1, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2015
That animation
That music
That hair
That

FUCK
Gureato Daze/10

Apr 1, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2014
Shining Diamond LMAO
Apr 1, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2010

It felt a bit more "cheap" than SC that's true, but by that I don't mean it was bad. Overall DiU is less popular and longer, they had to do some cuts somewhere so I personally won't complain much about that, I just hope my favorite fights will be well adapted.

As for the VAs, music, colors ect. I like all of them so far, I never doubted Josuke's VA and I never will again, it's pretty damn fitting.

Also, I liked how they hinted the future support characters in the crowd, nice touch there.

I only wonder about the ED, will that be anything like the song we heard in the radio? Who knows.
Apr 1, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2015
I laughed throughout the whole episode. Love it!
Apr 1, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2013
Anime of the goddamn year
Apr 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
With all the hype and love, can someone tell me what song was playing in the radio in the Kira making breakfast moment? [the "as you know" song]
Apr 1, 2016 11:49 AM

Oct 2013
Why couldn't the episodes be 40 minutes each ;_____;
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
DIAMOND IS NOT CRAZY.
Apr 1, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
Wow this was freaking fantastic. Really liking the animation and colour palette. The soundtrack was pretty good too. Don't mess with Josuke's hair~ Love the cast! Jotaro and Josuke are bizarre badasses. aots
Apr 1, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2013
Damn, that was fine.
I loved everything about this ep.
Apr 1, 2016 12:04 PM

Feb 2013
My dick is Crazy Shining Diamond. DP, those guys have done it again.
Apr 1, 2016 12:04 PM
Jul 2014
Good fucking first episode, had that unique jojo feeling the entire time.
Apr 1, 2016 12:06 PM
Jun 2010
What a beautiful Duwang!
I'm liking it so far, the artstyle had me worried but I think it fits. You guys talk like the previous adaptations reproduced the parts artstyle, but not really. DP always had their own artstyles just influenced by the manga artwork. And Part 4 is that weird spot where Araki's art was in transition. I agree with most that the middle of Part 4 is where it looks best, but I knew DP would likely draw inspiration from late part 4 but with differences, and it works. The colors are beautiful and capture the part 4 feeling prefectly. It will take some time to get used to some choices like white hair Koichi.

I hope the 39 episodes rumor is wrong. Part 4 is longer than Part 3. Even with the padding they added to Part 3 there's no way DiU can be that shorter.
Apr 1, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Only major removal is that they didn't go into detail on Angelo's last crime (Jotaro only mentioned that it was heinous enough to make rats puke). The crime was that Angelo attacked three teenage boys. He raped, robbed, and murdered two immediately and used the third one was a ransom hostage after finding out his parents were loaded. Angelo was caught trying to accept the ransom, but he already killed the third boy and sewn pieces of the boy to a wooden pole.
Apr 1, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Only major removal is that they didn't go into detail on Angelo's last crime (Jotaro only mentioned that it was heinous enough to make rats puke). The crime was that Angelo attacked three teenage boys. He raped, robbed, and murdered two immediately and used the third one was a ransom hostage after finding out his parents were loaded. Angelo was caught trying to accept the ransom, but he already killed the third boy and sewn pieces of the boy to a wooden pole.

too horrible for tv show may be? hope that'll be in the BD version
[no it won't be, but nothing wrong with hoping]
Apr 1, 2016 12:14 PM

Nov 2012
ColdBreeze said:
Do I have to watch the previous seasons to understand all of it?

I watched the first episode and it's really awesome but if I don't get the story I would stop here.

YES!

Don't ask, just watch the previous ones. Or you'll get a major spoiler of Jotaro's power [which is a big thing for the immediate previous season's ending]

Edit: Oh well, you've already been spoiled since you watched it. No worries, complete the previous seasons before the 2nd episode airs
Apr 1, 2016 12:21 PM

May 2013
ColdBreeze said:
Do I have to watch the previous seasons to understand all of it?

I watched the first episode and it's really awesome but if I don't get the story I would stop here.

No, it's all explained, but you should still watch them.
Apr 1, 2016 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
Fantastic first episode
Apr 1, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
That's why I like that Josuke he's one of my fav out of all the 4 parts I've seen and read.
Apr 1, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2015
Guys, I know that I shouldn't post this question here, but since it is related to JoJo Part 4, I hope that you'll forgive me... So, I would like to ask manga readers if I can watch this JoJo season without previous ones, cause I want to watch this one so badly but yet I'm affraid that I'll be hugely spoiled, so I'll repeat again: Can i watch this new season of JoJo without having knowledge of previous seasons? I actually know that each arc folow a different member or relative of Jostar family, so I wonder if I can watch this... Pls, let me know!!!

Apr 1, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2009
sensei69 said:
Guys, I know that I shouldn't post this question here, but since it is related to JoJo Part 4, I hope that you'll forgive me... So, I would like to ask manga readers if I can watch this JoJo season without previous ones, cause I want to watch this one so badly but yet I'm affraid that I'll be hugely spoiled, so I'll repeat again: Can i watch this new season of JoJo without having knowledge of previous seasons? I actually know that each arc folow a different member or relative of Jostar family, so I wonder if I can watch this... Pls, let me know!!!

Just watch the entire franchise. It's only 6 cours.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 1, 2016 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Censorship.

Besides, he was a jabronie villain, no its fine.

Really good start for the best Jojo Series.

Apr 1, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
sensei69 said:

Yes you'll get ABSURDLY HUGELY Spoiled! Just watch the previous seasons: JoJo 2012, Stardust Crusaders 1st and 2nd season. It's not as long as you're thinking. 7 days is a huge time to watch about 70 episodes
Apr 1, 2016 12:41 PM

Nov 2014
"It pisses me off when someone talks bad about my awesome hair." Lmao. What the hell.

I love how twisted and angry the characters in this series tend to be.

Great soundtrack, as usual.

The weird 70s magazine style color scheme looks cool.

It seems like the animal abuse is going to continue. Poor turtle.

So, Joseph Joestar is basically Donald Trump now?

Nice introduction of the characters. The psychotic stand user, Anjuro Kakagiri (Angelo), looks menacing. I'm curious to see how he's dealt with.

5/5
aikaflipApr 1, 2016 12:48 PM
Apr 1, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
I hope this doesn't get an opening and next week's intro is a mutilated hand wiping an unknown man's butt.
Apr 1, 2016 12:44 PM

Apr 2014
Gimme more episodes. This was simply fucking amazing.Omfg.
Apr 1, 2016 12:44 PM

May 2014
DAMN I loved that, hope jojo keeps a solid score throughout it's air time

honestly though this is gonna be a fucking awesome time, dunno about the little shrimp but Josuke is badass(and Jotaro, of course)
Apr 1, 2016 12:46 PM

Dec 2012
errrr. Can't get over the VA choices. Life isn't perfect, oh well.

Pretty good. Seems I don't remember that beginning very well. Looking forward to Okyasu.
Apr 1, 2016 12:46 PM

Aug 2014
Welp, this shit's off to a good start. Dat hand at the beginning and dem shadows. Since I haven't read the colored scans, seeing Morioh in color feels a bit weird lol.
Josuke losing his shit over a damn hair insult actually made me smile this time around. I sincerely hope I'll like him more than when I read the manga a while ago.

Shame that there was no opening this week. It better be a good one when it comes.
Apr 1, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2012
avelys said:

Josuke's seiyuu is A+

I think he is good but he doesn't fit Josuke that much.

Wataru Hatano is S tier
Apr 1, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2015
sensei69 said:

I'm no manga reader but I was in the same situation as you up until Monday. I had some time to spare so I started to binge all 3 parts from Monday to Thursday and every second was worth it. Seriously just do it, you'll appreciate every single thing way more with all this previous knowledge.

Now that I look back I'm sure that I wouldn't be as hyped and pleased with this part 4 if I hadn't watched the previous parts. You'll learn to love certain things about this show that reoccur every part and everything will have this certain charm to you. I believe it's just not the same without watching the previous parts.

So put the first episode aside for now, grab yourself a comfy place and something to eat and just jump right into it from the start.
FappaApr 1, 2016 12:51 PM
Apr 1, 2016 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
errrr. Can't get over the VA choices. Life isn't perfect, oh well.

Pretty good. Seems I don't remember that beginning very well. Looking forward to Okyasu.
It's an anime original bit.
Apr 1, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
love this first episode, specially the first minute <3
Apr 1, 2016 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
that sazae san reference was pretty funny!

Armisrael
The fate of Destruction▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Deviant
is also the joy of Rebirth ▬ ▬▬Beast
Twtr
Arael
Apr 1, 2016 12:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Awesome episode as expected. Josuke's awesome! With these tiny filler moments, this series might be aiming for a 5-cour series.
Also, Censorship is Unbreakable

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerApr 1, 2016 1:57 PM
Apr 1, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:
avelys said:

Josuke's seiyuu is A+

I think he is good but he doesn't fit Josuke that much.

Wataru Hatano is S tier

Eh. I thought Hatano's Josuke was boring and forgettable. Ono is much better, IMO.
Apr 1, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
The episode was VERY GOOD, I enjoyed it so much, it was really fun and really, everyone was super cute, I thought I wasn't gonna like the art style at all but I actually like it somehow? it fits? I'm still not 100%... satisfied with it (especially because of the noses) but hey I thought it was gonna be much worse

I loved Josuke's voice, I know that a lot of people don't like Ono Yuuki for him but I actually found it perfect, woah, maybe not as much as Hatano but still, amazing. Oh and also kaji yuki for Koichi was superb!!!

The only thing that still bugs me are the colors but I'm sure I will get used to it very fast.

Anyway, 5/5. Loved it and i'm very happy jojo is back.
Apr 1, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2013
The anime-original opening scene was awesome. Totally took me by surprise.

Continue doing good, DP!
Apr 1, 2016 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Jojo's back, all's right with the world. Friday's are going to be great.

Loved the use of colour in this series. That town definitely has a weird feel to it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 1, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2012
My weekly JoJo is back, and it's better than ever. I can't wait for next week to see the OP and ED.
Apr 1, 2016 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
God, that
in the beginning :D Overall, this was a great 1 episode.

Btw. people are still asking if they should watch previous parts first? Of course they have to see it, this is part 4, how do you want to get anything from this if you don't even know the characters?
Apr 1, 2016 1:41 PM

Dec 2012
Ictius said:

Btw. people are still asking if they should watch previous parts first? Of course they have to see it, this is part 4, how do you want to get anything from this if you don't even know the characters?

there is only 2 recurring characters in part 4, unless I'm forgetting others.
Apr 1, 2016 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
Ictius said:

Yes, the main character of
and the main character of part 3. Some other characters are mentioned in the dialog. How can one even know how Suzie Q looks without seeing previous anime? This is a part of a franchise, that 4 stands for a reason. It's like starting with episode 20 something of an anime that has, say, 100 episodes. If someone is interested in JoJo, or any long running series, then start from the beginning.
Apr 1, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Amazing. Best JoJo by far.
Apr 1, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
Ictius said:
tsudecimo said:

Yes, the main character of
and the main character of part 3. Some other characters are mentioned in the dialog. How can one even know how Suzie Q looks without seeing previous anime? This is a part of a franchise, that 4 stands for a reason. It's like starting with episode 20 something of an anime that has, say, 100 episodes. If someone is interested in JoJo, or any long running series, then start from the beginning.

What.

How are the looks of Suzie Q even relevant or important? You can learn the personality of Jotaro during part 4. And Joseph in part 4 has barely any resemblance of his old self.

That's definitely not the same. a 100 ep long running anime will most likely have clear continuity and the same characters. Each jojo part is mostly self contained with it's own stand alone story that has some recurring elements from other parts.

Story wise you won't lose much or be confused if you jump straight into 4 as the story is pretty simple and straight forward.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

161 by Martin_Taylor »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

160 by benisgu »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

120 by benisgu »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

140 by benisgu »»
Yesterday, 1:43 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

149 by Martin_Taylor »»
Yesterday, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.