Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2016 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was interesting. Poor Tuka though for hearing about what the Dark Elf had say..although it was nice to see her again reunite with Itami.

Interesting to see more background story from 20 years ago this episode too. I don't trust the bunny girl though.

Tuka <3 That almost felt like a date between her and Itami. I think she and Itami has a nice chemistry in particular this episode. Lol, Rory licking Itami is priceless.

Jan 22, 2016 9:13 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Best Girl Rory is back at it <3
Jan 22, 2016 9:24 AM

Nov 2008
Poor Youji, no wonder why he's playing along with Tuka's delusions/coping mechanism instead of trying to get her over the loss of her father.

Rory bit Youji hard and deep, ouch, there's a difference between a love bite and just chomping down on someone. It's kinda cute though.

Jan 22, 2016 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
There seems to be more focus on Teule and less focus on the asshole prince compared to the manga which is great in my opinion.

Tuka seems the have post dramatic syndrome and Itami doesn't know what to do about it, but we are finally going to see some dragon hunting.
There also seems to be major differences compared to the manga but again not in a bad way which is surprising seeing the first season.
I wonder how things will turn out.
Jan 22, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
So it finally start getting into the "business", into the Anime Title... FIRE DRAGON.
That's a fine question too : "Where do you direct your Anger?", I like it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 22, 2016 10:49 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Wow.....Tuka.....you fathercon.

Must be suck to be Itami this time.

This anime has quite......bold fanservices.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 22, 2016 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
Tuka's PTSD is a lot more intense than I thought when she still thought Itami was her dad after she woke up. Pretty sad seeing her like this.

Hyped for some more Rory action though. Can't wait for next week.
Jan 22, 2016 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
This was well done... A lot of people had a lot of issues during this part when Tuka lost her sanity and itami had to act as her father...to compress it into a single episode was done well.

The Pacing in this episode has pretty much confirmed it. Not only we will get to see the Dragon Arc fully animated but we will also go into the upheaval arc as well.

The further strenghtens the possibility of this being fully animated as it would only take another 2 cour to finish the rest of the story. I really hope that is the case as i really for once wish an anime that is based of a LN having more than 1 to 2 cour of content with a fantasy setting fully adapted.

HOHOHO THE Contract was made: a little spoiler:

-ShadowClaw-Jan 22, 2016 11:43 AM
Jan 22, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2012
An entire episode devoted to my least favorite plot point....great. Tuka's arc has definitely been the most disappointing thing in the series so far. Dull, depressing, and never-ending esque, she's been this show's Debbie Downer for sure. Never expected that early on. She even made best-girl Yao lose a few points for being a bitch...only a few though. This being the primary motivation for killing the dragon over just helping Yao blows too. Oh well.

Pina being manipulated could, potentially, become awful too, but that won't be next week so that's on hold for now.
Jan 22, 2016 11:11 AM

Mar 2014
Can't say I was the biggest fan of this one, maybe episode 2 being so excellent hurt this one.
Not too hot on the "manipulate the Empire from the shadows and cause war" plot point, especially not when you reveal it to me right away, could have been ok if we had no idea what was going but like this...
Tuka's arc isn't that good either and while Hitami going alone with the girls makes "sense", I'd rather have some side characters showing up. :|
The girls barely get any screentime lol, this really feels like it's trying to compensate but I honestly couldn't care for that.
Jan 22, 2016 11:15 AM

Nov 2014
Yao is crazy, but she did it out of hatred

Hi there
Jan 22, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. Tuka seriously needs closure on this chapter of her life. Good thing Itami is taking action on the issue. Really solid ep Tuka got that father love. I'm pretty sure she was naked in the scene where she's sleeping with Itami. Nice to see Rory back with that bite.. Can't wait for next week's episode!
ReguIusJan 22, 2016 11:36 AM
Jan 22, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2015
Finally more of Tuka this episode. Man, poor girl ):

Great episode, loved the moments between Itami and Tuka, especially that moment when he jumped out of the helicopter. And more Rory is always good <3. Can't wait for next week, looking at that preview. Looks like we also got to see more of Tyuule.

Jan 22, 2016 11:34 AM

Nov 2008
This was well done - they compressed the Tuka problem very nicely into a single episode. I was afraid that it would get dragged out.
Jan 22, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2010
Rory finally formed the contract!!! The OTP ship has sailed :P
Gotta love that Lelei is coming too.

Can't wait to see some of those scenes vs the Dragon animated. Hopefully they depict them well enough because it looked epic in the manga.

Tyuule's craziness was nice to see too
Jan 22, 2016 11:37 AM

Oct 2014
Fuck Yao
Seriously I wanted Itami too hit her so bad
Jan 22, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
Poor Tuka is too delusional to realize that his father is dead. Her scenes wuth Itami were cute, though. Yao is a bitch, and so is the bunny girl (I like her, however). I hope Piña doesn't get into problems.

And at the end... that contract xD
Jan 22, 2016 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Tuka. Yao told Tuka the truth about her village!

Itami is pretending to be Tuka's dad!
Jan 22, 2016 11:51 AM
Mar 2013
So, Tyuule wants to make the Empire and SDG get into a real war?

I guess she has a very strong desire to destroy the Empire by manipulating the stupid prince (or the prospective emperor). It seems she's trying to interfere them making a peace pact. She even plans to kill Noriko in the base of SDF to cause the war to escalate.

htsujiJan 22, 2016 12:34 PM
Jan 22, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
Seems like Tuka's screws have gotten even more loose. All I heard in this episode is "Oto-san." Well Tyuule turned out to be a scheming bitch; not really surprising. Now Itami's soul is bound to Rory. I wonder how he feels about that. What will Itami do with a five people though? and to think he was orginally planning to go with Tuka only. Im curious how the heck will they defeat this dragon.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jan 22, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2016
What an episode, simply fantastic, we get some great character interactions, and redeem two characters, mainly the noble that lost his arm and leg in the first SDF conflicts, and ofc Yao Ducy (her character is experiencing depth and growth). Now we have 5 man group to "gather resources of precious metals, gems and oils" and naturally have a run-in with that Red Dragon. This totally threw me for a loop, I didn't think they would get to Dragon Quest so quickly, but the pacing of 1st and 2nd episode made it possible. Too bad Tuka is INSANE! Otherwise she could really help them. Instead she might be too focused on "DAD" Itami, on the battlefield. EPIC: Score of 10/10 and 5/5.
Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary...
Jan 22, 2016 11:57 AM
Jul 2018

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazFeb 3, 2016 12:35 PM
Jan 22, 2016 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
^ Dude do not forget your spoiler tags.

"Yao is crazy, but she did it out of hatred"

No malice about her, she did it out of desperation for her peoples plight.
Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary...
Jan 22, 2016 12:05 PM
Jun 2014
Holy shit. that was awful, i mean a pile of shit bad. it was both bad and laughable. i don't understand how it can go from slavery and rape to team work and playing friends with weird people you met a only some time ago. i would have liked it if he and his men went to kill the dragon but, from when he blond elf's father it just became really bad.
1/5
Jan 22, 2016 12:05 PM
Jun 2013

(sigh) I can't tell which is more broken. To anyone who has read the manga then you would know. Yao had suffered recently but Tyuule suffered from Zorzal's disgusting abuse for three years, not to mention Zorzal is really the lowest b@stard for obvious reasons, he is never a man of his word.

On the side note, I hated in how they watered down Itami's meeting with Duran; not to mention the king is supposed to have better prosthetics in the manga, though I often wondered if we invented prosthetics like in fullmetal alchemist, that would be good for Duran. (sigh) and Duran was supposed to have a shocked look on his face when Itami mentioned the Flame Dragon.

Oh, to you non-manga readers, in the manga we get to see what lovely underwear Rory was wearing, which Itami saw as he was tripped by the goddess. Anyway, I seriously envy Itami. I would never sell my soul to a stereotypical devil, but to a SUPER HOT SEXY GODDESS I would; in a Christian perspective, that is the same as selling your soul to a devil, but I wouldn't care XD
greed2Jan 22, 2016 12:15 PM
Jan 22, 2016 12:16 PM
Mar 2013
I didn't expected I had a chance to see Duran (the king almost killed at the earlier battle on Alnus) again and he did an very important role this time.

htsujiJan 22, 2016 12:23 PM
Jan 22, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
The "crazy bitches" are coming out of the woodwork which is always a plus imo. I like the pace that this second cour has gone at so far in adapting the original material. Shit bout to get REAL.
Jan 22, 2016 12:20 PM
Jan 2016
Digging the pacing of this anime this season, everything else is just gravy! And GROOVY! Peace out!
Jan 22, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2015
Decent episode , had a feeling this was the calm before the storm. Great to see Rory back her and Itami make a great team.
Jan 22, 2016 12:30 PM
Nov 2012
htsuji said:
So, Tyuule wants to make the Empire and SDG get into a real war?

I guess she has a very strong desire to destroy the Empire by manipulating the stupid prince (or the prospective emperor). It seems she's trying to interfere them making a peace pact. She even plans to kill Noriko in the base of SDF to cause the war to escalate.
This episode is all about revenge. Tyuule wants revenge against the Empire for the death of her people. Itami is off on a revenge mission thinking it will save Tuka. Yao wants revenge for the dragon killing her people.

Rory has officially bonded with Itami. She's OK with a revenge mission; that's honorable battle by her standards.

Lelei is willing to go along. She's a combat mage, remember. She's been doing magic weapon R&D, trying to develop enough firepower to take out a hard target.

Pina, who is politically savvy, a realist about war, and not religious (remember her comments on Rory's religion back at Italica), is not into revenge. She's trying to avoid a bloodbath.
Jan 22, 2016 12:42 PM
Jan 2016
+greed2

You're right, but to get this kind of pacing you have to cut out some scenes that production teams decides on. After this arc we can return to that SoL, Yaoi-BL, steam bath and underwear gatcha scenes, thanks to the pacing! OH GOTTA LOVE IT!
Jan 22, 2016 1:00 PM
Mar 2013
"Who else would..."

Jan 22, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2014
Itami playing dad was pretty funny, but lol at the end with Rory forming a country. Well now it's Itami and his harem vs a fire dragon I guess!
Jan 22, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
I need even more Rory, I'm not satisfied yet

Jan 22, 2016 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
Wtf was that episode xD
It was like a girl, too many mood swings in 24 minutes lel.

And now to face the Fire dragon with a typical RPG party :P
Jan 22, 2016 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was about as good as i was expecting. Itami's soul belongs to Rory now, not sure how that's going to play out for him, in the after life i mean. She'll probably force him to be her plaything or whatever. Looking forward to the dragon battle, it was pretty sweet in the manga.

kyle8998 said:
Yao is crazy, but she did it out of hatred

I would think she did it out of desperation more than anything. At least i would imagine her desire to save her people is more prevalent in her mind than revenge.
Jan 22, 2016 1:41 PM
Nov 2013
Am I the only one who's glad Yao tried to tell Tuka that her father is dead? I really hope she realizes it soon :/

Definitely a build up episode. I can't wait for the next episode, especially since Rory is back <3
Jan 22, 2016 1:42 PM

Nov 2012
Okay so she sleeps with her father naked...uuugh..what..

Edit: I don't know what I did wrong but the image doesn't show, it was just Tuka sleeping with Itami from a printscreen link.
Jan 22, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
Yao is such a bitch but I understand why she did what she did. It was pretty amusing how Tuka thought Itami was her father.

Well now the fire dragon is gonna finally show up. I was wondering when it would become relevant.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 22, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
Damn was this episode pretty intense.

Yao definitely dropped a bombshell on Tuka by telling her that her father was dead. The way that she did it though was harsh and OTT, which can do more harm than good for Tuka, who's already suffering from PTSD. Doing it out of desperation is one thing, but going so far just to force Tuka to accept the truth when she's not mentally ready for it just makes Yao look like a bitch and a coward through and through. =/

So I don't blame Itami for playing the role of Tuka's dad. Funny as it was, it at least put her at ease for the time being and hopefully she'll be able to move on at last when they take on and try to defeat the dragon.

Rory's screen time might be limited so far, but she made good use of it by forming a contract with Itami by literally chomping on his arm. Oh Rory, you never fail to amaze me! =P
Jan 22, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Yuka was "broken" by Yao ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Itami and Yuka moments were cute and sad :'(
Jan 22, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Some shots had really bad art, but otherwise good episode.

Rory Best girl!
Jan 22, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
Avengers ha assembled and the Dragon is back next episode, HYPE
Jan 22, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2013
Finally Truth about Tyuule to rest of you...I hope this erase any Pity towards the Bitch! she Can Die all we CARE!!! manipulative Bitch...that
is just using her own Amused... Traitor Queen

This was one Thing that Made me seriously wanting to wring Yao's Neck...Using Tuka like that. well, she promised to get Green men to help her Clan...by any means Necessary. Tough it looks like Yao is the one that is quite Literally having that Mental Breakdown!

Oh..I know I should not laugh, to Tuka's condition...but how rest of the Refugee Villagers stare is amusing.

"Are you sure need on Only 2?" "Sure"...Umm Hell no? He seriously forgot about Leilei and Rory!

JarjaxleJan 22, 2016 3:08 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 22, 2016 3:35 PM
Feb 2009
Rory best girl!! <3
Jan 22, 2016 3:39 PM
May 2015
I feel bad for Tuka...To this day, she's still in complete denial and that selfish bitch Yao made everything worse. PTSD at it's finest, I guess..

Haha I completely lost it when Itami decided to play along as Tuka's dad..

I don't know whether I should feel bad for that bunny girl or I should hate her...:/

Goddamn, I love this episode.

jc9622Jan 22, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 22, 2016 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
meh... the discussion with big boss duran was shorten
bruh
Jan 22, 2016 3:48 PM

Jan 2011
Aw man Itami pls setting up Tuka for even more despair once she snaps out of it

still continuing my fuck you bunny girl and might add Yao to that list soon

but with the serious lack of Rorie the ending almost made up for it i'm sure being a minion for her ant half bad...maybe
Jan 22, 2016 4:04 PM

Nov 2015
-ShadowClaw- said:
This was well done... A lot of people had a lot of issues during this part when Tuka lost her sanity and itami had to act as her father...to compress it into a single episode was done well.

The Pacing in this episode has pretty much confirmed it. Not only we will get to see the Dragon Arc fully animated but we will also go into the upheaval arc as well.

The further strenghtens the possibility of this being fully animated as it would only take another 2 cour to finish the rest of the story. I really hope that is the case as i really for once wish an anime that is based of a LN having more than 1 to 2 cour of content with a fantasy setting fully adapted.

HOHOHO THE Contract was made: a little spoiler:

Couldn't agree more.

Oh, and loved the spoiler :3 So this is getting into what I really wanted, uh? :3
Jan 22, 2016 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Rory Rory Rory! She is back <3
Let the Dragon Hunting Game begin? xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

57 by DaThorAkilia »»
May 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.