Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 21, 2016 2:29 PM
Jun 2014
ichii_1 said:
That bunny sexual abuse :O

These medieval guys need to go into mind warfare or something cause they have no chance head on XD
The real threat is gonna be the gods and apostles.

True i think so too. but i am wondering about the different magic abilities also due to, when the blue haired magic user said if the weapons they were using was magic meaning that magic could be more powerful? i hope the emperor wins tbh.
Jan 21, 2016 3:07 PM

Nov 2015
Nothing257 said:
ichii_1 said:
That bunny sexual abuse :O

These medieval guys need to go into mind warfare or something cause they have no chance head on XD
The real threat is gonna be the gods and apostles.

True i think so too. but i am wondering about the different magic abilities also due to, when the blue haired magic user said if the weapons they were using was magic meaning that magic could be more powerful? i hope the emperor wins tbh.

don't know about that, at least in the manga lelei mentions that she always knew technology would surpass magic, so magic in this world is not the nigh omnipotent magic you see in other fantasies

also i dont think there's going to be too much divine intervention aside from
Jan 22, 2016 12:22 PM
Jun 2015
I feel like when Itami punched the prince that made my day. Also I am really enjoying this new OP (though not sure if I liked it more than the first season if I were to be honest).
Jan 22, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
Dat prince was just a douche, so he definitely deserved being beaten up.
Jan 22, 2016 6:01 PM

Feb 2010
I wonder if Zorzal has any fear of Pina taking the throne. That is a real possibility as Japan wants peace and doesn't want to dismantle their government. Molt has been very adamant about not giving into peace talks and they already hate Zorzal.

It seems the JSDF could have taken over the empire by now if they had put their minds to it, or would be close to it. However they don't want to do that. It's one thing to take over a country, it's another to rule it. That would take a lot of work, money, and time.

If it comes to it they may have to take down the current Emperor and install someone they could control or at least work with. Pina has be catering to their needs since she first witnessed their power and she is a member of the royal family. It wouldn't be a stretch for them to push for her to take the throne after the power they unleashed just to make a point.
Jan 22, 2016 10:22 PM

Jan 2015
INTENSEly satisfying
Jan 24, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2011
Dat reaction, good episode is good.
This added a lot of coal to the hype train.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 26, 2016 1:53 AM

Sep 2013
He deserve to die that bastard. Punch again
Jan 27, 2016 9:04 AM

Jan 2016
Whoops, accidentally watched episode 3 before this, I midway realized something was not right.....The Earthquake! How could I forget that episode 1 ending :D the third episode didn't spoil anything about this one though so it's all right
Feb 2, 2016 4:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pina was funny with her being scared of the earthquake. That asshole got what he deserved!

5/5
Feb 3, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
Wait Kuribayashi was beating them even when using melee combat with a weapon that is not really for that. Is she really that hardcore? Damn! She so small and she can beat people like that, what the hell, she has some Rambo genes.
Btw i think her glorious boobs give her a nice advantage of enemy distraction.
When she comes at you may end up looking at her boobs before you realize her fist is already too close.
Those things are glorious

straggy said:
I can't believe so many people were satisfied by this ep... I really felt bad for the empire after seeing this shit. The JSDF know what this world is like... Yeah, Zorzal's not a nice guy, but he's playing by his world's rules. Blaming the emperor and Pina (who don't even understand fully why they're so mad), butchering a bunch of soldiers they know can't defend themselves, beating the shit out of a royal of a country you're meant to be at peace with, and bombing their government building is going way beyond overkill. Japan might as well just nuke everything beyond the portal if they're gonna act like this every time a medieval society does anything slightly medieval lmao. This isn't heroic, it's barbaric. Help a less developed society grow and learn, don't beat them into submission.

When i saw the scene i thought it was a stupid behavior considering they were in-frond of the emperor in his throne room of a nation they were in talks with.
But the last words of that guy to the emperor and the bombing following probably showed that to the them it doesn't matter because they do not consider this medieval people as something they should be worried about.
They clearly behaved in such way from the position of power so the peace talks are more like surrendering talks.

Also you have a point about the prince(although even in medieval times i think people knew such behavior was awful they had just learn to accept it because they could do nothing about it) beating him is like beating a tiger for attacking a human to eat. The tiger won't fully understand why she is being beaten or tortured.
BUT i do not believe the Japanese where interested in re-educating people like the prince. They were more interested is scaring the shit out of him. A tiger may not understand why what she did was so bad but she will understand the fear of messing with that creature as the prince and the empire will understand the fear of messing with Japanese and their citizens again.
Feb 5, 2016 12:57 AM

Dec 2012
Kuribayashi best grill,pretty brutal Ground & Pound right there, damn.

great episode.
Feb 5, 2016 6:21 PM
Oct 2015
Monad said:
Wait Kuribayashi was beating them even when using melee combat with a weapon that is not really for that. Is she really that hardcore? Damn! She so small and she can beat people like that, what the hell, she has some Rambo genes.
It wasn't supposed to be a one (wo)man show like that. Originally, Tomita properly followed the order & supported Kuribayashi by shooting whoever got behind her. He's a good shooter. One shoot, one kill. I don't understand why they made him just stood around doing nothing in the anime version.
Feb 10, 2016 10:02 PM
Jun 2013
GenesisAria said:

If even a highly trained soldier of today went to fight a feudal era warrior without use of firearms, they may even be at a disadvantage due to how martial arts lost their edge due to modern obsolescence. The modern martial arts are often revived arts, as opposed to surviving martial arts from the past. So in the real world that isn't full of mooks and glory to the producer/consumer's nation, Kuribayashi would be overwhelmed by a couple guards in melee combat..

I just noticed but if this is based on Rory’s fight, with those Chinese, Russian, and American soldiers, then I think that is a bad reference. No matter what era they live in, homo sapiens will always be homo sapiens, it’s just a matter of how well trained those homo sapiens are. In Rory’s case, I don’t think she is a homo sapiens anymore, not to mention she has over 960 years’ worth of combat experience.

Not to mention Zorzal, and the rest of his lackeys, mostly consist of undisciplined soldiers, who mostly focus on brute force, as compared to Kuribayashi who uses some skill in her fighting style. I don’t know how the ancient romans right but, at best, they really just focus on a higher ratio on brute force as compared to skill. The only homo sapiens, that could be super strong, would be Shaolin Monks, and Zorzal’s team obviously doesn’t seemed to have trained that as compared to those guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkhVeW7VV0

BTW, most of Zorzal’s thugs consist of arrogant idiots so they probably at least let their guard down, thinking that numbers gave them an instant advantage.
Feb 11, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2009
Well kit is true that medieval Europe was largely warfare deficit, and because they had a habit of making big dumb castles, all you had to do was surround it and chill till they starved or gave up; wars were sparse and large scaled. In contrast, Greeks, Chinese, Japanese, were relatively close-quarters and had proxy conflicts all the time. Because of this their warfare got steadily more sophisticated, as warfare was part of the regular culture. Saying that these fantasy world people are parallel to medieval europe would validate it to a point, but that's assuming that there's a socio-political and economic situation to create a sort of dark ages of warfare retardation and lack of human insight. This actually requires a monopolizing dogma present. All that said, even Europe was never completely lacking in martial art, even if conscripted troops were poorly trained, royalty and royal guard were trained in the best arts to protect themselves and their lords. Though situationally his guards could have just been thugs, however it's unlikely unless he's a reject.

This show just crams down your throat that modern day everything is better than pre-gunpowder everything. When there's many things than haven't changed, and some things that were even lost. A modern swordsman well trained in iaijutsu could possibly give a master of the old era of japan a run for his money, but would likely lose. And i can guarantee such a sword master will easily beat any old inexperienced JSDF using a bayonet or combat knife. And it's been a long debate, and general consensus, that even the best japanese swordsmen would be on par with the best european swordsman using a similar class of blade (any using different class blades would likely result in double injury or double death).
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 14, 2016 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
vansonbee said:
Haha. Japanese talking talking about taking good care of their prisoners. Cough (WWII never happened).

He was talking about the present, not the time 70 years ago. They did horrible things to prisoners ( like other nations to be fair ), but the point is, that they learned from that and do it better nowadays.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 23, 2016 2:17 AM

Oct 2012
I don't mind the censorship
Well, at least the punches were decent xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 26, 2016 12:05 AM

Sep 2015
Pretty Brutal episode, I enjoyed this one. Finally Japan was getting serious and saying WE ARE NOT TAKING YOUR SHIT. Bombs Away!!! At least they were nice enough to A, bomb an unmanned building and B not kill the prince which they could have easily done. 5/5 and a great start to a season.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 24, 2016 8:31 PM
Feb 2011
I swear I saw this last year but I know it's just the fact I am reading the manga... But dang it is a wierd feeling.
Mar 28, 2016 10:28 AM

May 2012
Damn what an episode! Really great yet quite sad episode, let's see what the next episode will have to offer!
Apr 7, 2016 2:26 AM

Sep 2011
Man that was so badass!
Apr 13, 2016 10:25 PM

Apr 2013
That moment you realize you pissed off the strongest kid on the block.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 23, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2011
Well that was good.

Gotta love how badass Itami getting the first punch on that Asshole and letting Kuribayashi go ham.

Pinas has its cute side. She likes someone to accompany her and not be alone.

I'm happy about Noriko getting rescued, but at the same time I feel bad about her when she hears the truth.
Apr 28, 2016 12:47 AM

Mar 2012
So is the bunny girl just a masochist with a side of stockholm syndrome? Sure seemed like it.

Good to see that they were able to rescue Noriko rather than making up some bullshit excuse to restrain them from doing so. Beating the hell out of the prince was just icing on the cake.
May 1, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2011
I think the emperor didn't give a shit because, as you can see and as he said, he's not one to care too much about his people. This situation gave him an opportunity to study both the SDF and his potential heir.

If Zorzal would have lost his life, that would just have showed that he never was worthy of becoming emperor, thus making him a random guy. And most nobles and soldiers don't mourn about random people in the empire, on the contrary.

Interfering also would have made him directly responsible for all that happens afterwards. They even tasked Pinia with delivering the information about other captive, not the emperor. Seems like both sides want to keep this whole thing at a lower level. The SDF doesn't want to cause the empire to start any more attacks, because killing people doesn't look good at home, and the emperor probably wnats to both study his potential successors, as well as keeping the opportunity to deny everything open, both with regards to the Senate as well as to the SDF.
NwAurionMay 1, 2016 2:03 PM
May 4, 2016 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
I actually want them to go all out war between The Emperor and JDF even I already know The Emperor didn't stand a change. at least to teach them a lesson.
May 14, 2016 10:50 AM

May 2016
Abyhape said:
I actually want them to go all out war between The Emperor and JDF even I already know The Emperor didn't stand a change. at least to teach them a lesson.

God yes. Every time the empire gets rowdy, I just want the JSDF to come and f*** them up!

When Itami punched the Prince I was extremely ecstatic. That prince is such a douchebag. But then at the end it seemed that the bunny girl was all sad about the prince getting the shit beaten out of him. Must be stockholm syndrome, right??
May 25, 2016 11:36 PM
Jun 2014
So in the manga girls get raped? That's one thing that pisses me off.
May 27, 2016 12:35 PM

Nov 2008
nicoface said:
Abyhape said:

God yes. Every time the empire gets rowdy, I just want the JSDF to come and f*** them up!

When Itami punched the Prince I was extremely ecstatic. That prince is such a douchebag. But then at the end it seemed that the bunny girl was all sad about the prince getting the shit beaten out of him. Must be stockholm syndrome, right??

No - the Bunny Queen and her tribe of killer bunny folk (I kid you not) were defeated by the Prince in a war and she agreed to become his sex slave because the Prince promised to let her people alone. The Prince went back on his word, but the Bunny Queen doesn't know that. The Bunny Queen could rip out the throat of the Prince in an instant, but she doesn't because she wants to destroy the entire Empire and so she is leading the Prince on in order to set up her plan.

So the Bunny Queen doesn't want the Prince killed because that would wreck her plan to destroy the Empire.
May 27, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2008
Quadraxis said:

It's a military fantasy about war, and in this particular case, war in a pre-modern setting. So read some history about pre-modern wars, and the behaviour of soldiers, leaders and so on.
May 31, 2016 8:19 AM
Jun 2014
dbaranyi said:
Quadraxis said:

It's a military fantasy about war, and in this particular case, war in a pre-modern setting. So read some history about pre-modern wars, and the behaviour of soldiers, leaders and so on.

I know it happened before but seeing it play out in a manga is different.
Jul 12, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2009
Well damn, the way Kuribayashi floored everyone including the stupid Crown Prince was just unfair, the big guys didnt know what hit them! ^_^ I have got to hand it to the Emperor, watching it all unfazed when Kuribayashi blitzed through his son's guard then proceed to pummel his heir apparent's face in front of him. After all this and more, maybe the Crown Prince isn't an idiot after all, eh?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 23, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2013
PROBABLY THE MOST SATISFYING EPISODE EVER!
Sep 26, 2016 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
I cant believe the Emperor just let the bloodshed get that much out control.
Nearly killing Zolzal, which I woulnd't mind.

Peace doesnt seem likely anymore, if its up to Zolzal that is.
Dec 21, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Pina because Youji is being so chill about the earth-shake.

Pina grabbing Youji. :)

Yo. When they brought in Noriko and Youji and co. realized she was Japanese, my face went into serious mode because I assumed Zorzal raped her.

It felt so satisfying seeing Youji rock his shit and then fuck up everybody in his way. Fucking badass.

LMAO at Kuribayashi pushing Youji out the way. Why the hell did she do that? It ruined his moment.

KuriBADASShi rekt those guards!

Youji: Release the oppai.

KuriBADASShi: Roger. *takes off rifle to free the oppai*

Holy shit! KuriBADASShi fucked his shit up. AMAZING! It felt so good.

Don't fuck with Japan.

lol at Zorzal just motor-boating Tyuule's oppai.

So Noriko was missing that day and her family....

Poor Hiroki.

This Tuka thing is getting bad.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2017 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
The poor princess has to worry about all the small shit. Though I have no idea what the bombing was about.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 22, 2017 2:26 PM
Aug 2014
Another episode another massacre; we also had a small woman beating up tall muscular man with ease, some torture and they also blow up their senate building, but no civilian casualties so I guess it's OK. GO JSDF!.
Aug 11, 2017 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Faith in the show restored, good ep, surprised none of our girls are making much of an appearance.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 25, 2017 3:54 AM

Sep 2012
about what the brothers talked about its more likely she gives the throne to hes daughter cause she has more sense then this2

Avenger-senpai said:
So is the bunny girl just a masochist with a side of stockholm syndrome? Sure seemed like it.

Good to see that they were able to rescue Noriko rather than making up some bullshit excuse to restrain them from doing so. Beating the hell out of the prince was just icing on the cake.

actually she endures it so she could use him make him her puppet i was reading stuff she is more FOX then a Bunny Queen of her ppl trying to manipulate him to destroy the empire
Sugram22Nov 25, 2017 4:00 AM
Mar 15, 2018 4:18 PM

Sep 2014
damn I totally forgot about japanese civilians beeing enslaved. Kory beating the prince up was one of my favourite moments from this anime, or probably ever. (Then again, this anime has like a dozen moments which make it into my top)

I started rewatching this and hoped I could get the rating to a more reasonable 8, I think originally while airing I had it at a 10....

Now Im tempted to give it the 10 back, every single episode is just so amazing, not a single boring moment, which pretty much every anime has at some point.

I dont remember the story enough, but the Emperor seemed familiar with the japanese. Or rather the modern world. Not getting that "we are so dead" expression from Pina after seeing 2 SDF soldiers killing of like 20 imperial guards could be explained by him simply beeing the emperor and so he is not so easy to show is surprise, but in addition to that the words he used when he praised Pina. Seems like something uncommon from their world.

I even feel a little bad for the stupid prince, he knows he is stupid, and he has become the product of his surroundings, but then again what he did to noriko ..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 29, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2016
DAMN THAT WAS SO EPIC AND SATISFYING!!!
Not only did the SDF show how powerful their weapons and how skilled they are by letting a single soldier from them to slaughter all those royal guards, but Itami and Kuribayashi also beat the hell out of the asshole Prince!!! Only to be stopped by his slave. The high-quality animation just made these scenes even better!

A beaten up stupid prince, a bunch of dead guards and a bombed building is a great way to show how serious the SDF is about making sure Japanese citizens are safe.
Aug 25, 2018 6:28 AM

Jun 2011
holy fuck that was a satisfying beatdown, really unfortunate that
man this dude makes my blood boil. Also pls pass that peace treaty asap if Japan ain't gonna take over the other world.

can we do something about Tuka yet? She's been "otosan" for the past 20 episodes jfc.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 26, 2019 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
Holy shit, this show is so masturbatory lmao.
loghneckbeardJan 26, 2019 2:10 AM
Aug 21, 2019 4:37 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Zorzal being punched... what a pleasure
Nov 27, 2019 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
Ashhk said:
Zorzal being punched... what a pleasure

yea that was quite satisfying
Mar 12, 2020 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
Iam confused...
Why do they look so lost like they were experiencing it for the first time when the quake hit..? Living together with demi humans,they should have already acquainted with the phenomenom...
Why did a level headed girl like Pina request them to visit the Emperor before softening up the situation?? And why did the ambassador adhere to it .
The security of the emperor was horrific.
Cant believe the soldiers of his have next to nothing experience in hand to hand combat.Bunny girl obviously has ulterior motives.I can understand the approach of Nippon but considering the hostages were civilian personel and the steep difference in power it was baffling why didnt they demand hostage takeover right then and there .
Jul 2, 2020 5:11 PM
Oct 2019
Wow. That was a great episode. The best in either season.
Aug 6, 2020 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
Well now, here I thought we were going to have a Sugou (S.A.O) level villain in the Prince, and then he got the ass kicking of the year.

A welcome development.
Aug 15, 2020 10:57 PM

Aug 2019
fucking YIKES. Thats all i can say for this one, yikes. Damn if this nation is planning on the fastest wreck of negotiations then that's one way to do it, i'm almost certain if bigger countries with way more fire power say...idk the US or Russia? Found out that this nation had been keeping their people secretly captive as well as under such bad conditions, i'd bet they'd probably swing much much harder, honestly can't blame them definitely fucking ticked me off when this prince thought he could get away with it. But Kuribayashi's fucking one shot k.o was very satisfying can't lie.

Damn, definitely feel bad for Pina, she looked as if she didn't know about it either and was really trying hard to get something good happening between these 2 nations, ahhh as much as i do want a peaceful talk, i really hope this nation doesn't get away without some sort of repercussion of sorts because of horrid move they played.

Huh, does seem like the Japanese government is still getting pressured because of the whole situation, i could imagine things get more heated because of this event, the president definitely made a good move though, warning these shitty nobles of the nation not to test them.

Definitely loving the story more and more, excited to see what happens next.
Aug 21, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2012
If this wasn't a right wing propaganda anime, then this plot point could have gone places.
Until now, Itami has been seen as a "good guy" who effortlessly saves the natives. But he never had to make a choice. He is like superman, he does not himself suffer or make any difficult decision.
But now a japanese citizen has been indicted into slavery. He has a choice - free her and suffer the consequences (war might happen- which means more death), or try a diplomatic approach. Too bad that the anime has already established that the value of a soldier from the "special zone" is worth less than dirt.
If this anime TRIED to be anything other than right wing propaganda, then the "evil" prince (remember that they are a different culture) would not have been punished at all. Because it would just lead to war. Also, are you really going to kill 15-20 people just to save one japanese citizen? Oh wait, they already killed more than a million people in the first episode of first season. If this anime was realistic, the japanese force would lose, because even with guns you cannot win this fight. Especially because the enemy does not know about guns, so they can rush in fearlessly and easily kill the 4 japanese soldiers.

Anyway, if it was not indicated before, now you know how the anime deals with difficult ethical questions.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

334 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 5, 7:44 AM

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

58 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 5, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

191 by PedroKarim64 »»
Jul 17, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2016

170 by PedroKarim64 »»
Jul 17, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagerschnapps »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.