Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
EvilDragon said:

My only problem is that IT'S TOO FUCKING LATE to have this episode happen now, way too late. This should have been episode 6, at best. Cut all the moe crap and GET THE PLOT MOVING already!

Oh look, another goldfish who believes this is about killing zombies and not about people living in zombie apocalypse.
How cute.

lol
Sep 10, 2015 2:12 PM

Feb 2011
isvak said:
Amazingly, Megu-nee stayed calm and wrote the names of the three girls before being zombified completely.

I didn't understand that bit.
When did that happen? After she bit Kurumi? Shouldn't it be impossible for her, fully zombified, to write?

some episodes ago we saw what she "wrote", some scribbles, that is the most she can do in her state

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 10, 2015 2:31 PM
Sep 2009
CookingPriest said:
EvilDragon said:

My only problem is that IT'S TOO FUCKING LATE to have this episode happen now, way too late. This should have been episode 6, at best. Cut all the moe crap and GET THE PLOT MOVING already!

Oh look, another goldfish who believes this is about killing zombies and not about people living in zombie apocalypse.
How cute.

I get the meaning behind GG (of course it's not about killing zombies lol - I'm not stupid), it's just badly done on the whole.

Got nothing against SOL parts but not when they kill the plot completely.
EvilDragonSep 10, 2015 2:35 PM
Sep 10, 2015 2:57 PM

May 2015
Well, fucking damn. This episode was charged with a lot of sad and dark elements.... Kinda expected, but damn, that still came in strong. Just when I thought things were already bad, it's getting even worse.... Can't wait for what's ahead.... Also, I wonder how they try to wrap it, since we only have two more episodes left.

Sep 10, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2010
Mascera said:
Just CUT HER HAND already!!!!

Really, REALLY bad idea unless they have some Antibiotics on hand, which I seriously doubt they do.
Sep 10, 2015 3:00 PM

Aug 2010
Lol'd at Kurumi's "I wish Megu-nee looks over Toramaru"

She sure did XD
Sep 10, 2015 3:07 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Truly a dark turn of events, and I was terrified with what happened. Ofc Kurumi can't hurt Megu-nee zombie because that is still Megu-nee's body. Now Miki's out to get the medicine. This'll be easier said than done. Watch out for Megu-nee zombie! >_<

Is this the first time Yuki noticed that the school windows were broken since that day?
Sep 10, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
HOLY SHIT ACTUALLY FUCK THIS SHOW ;~; GOD DAMN NO. GAWWWWWD DAYUM. BEST GRILL KURUMI WHYYYYYYY

Well to all the complaining from last episode, I guess this show just answered right off the bat to the complaints. This episode made me feel some form of hurt I haven't felt in a long while. Those build-up episodes actually made this even more-so.

One of the best episodes of the season.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Sep 10, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
Xenocrisi said:
acrimonious said:
All aboard the pain train.

I'm in, lol.

Me too
Sep 10, 2015 3:33 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that episode had more plot progression than the last five episodes put together

Awesome
Sep 10, 2015 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
huh.... thats all I can say, that was one hell of a better episode then I ever thought this show could pull off haha. I actually really enjoyed this and didn't think they could really do anything else.
Sep 10, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
jesus christ what a brutal episode. This killed me on the inside.

Everything went horribly wrong.
Sep 10, 2015 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
Based on Miki's reactions, it seems as though she cares more about Taroumaru than Kurumi LOL

Sep 10, 2015 4:26 PM

May 2013
I noticed a lot in this episode but the one that I need to mention is:

"The windows are broken?" Yes, Yuki yes.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 10, 2015 4:29 PM

Jan 2013
OrangeJP said:
Based on Miki's reactions, it seems as though she cares more about Taroumaru than Kurumi LOL

well kuromi is not dead yet and there is hopei while taromaru is gone :/
Sep 10, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2014
Well even though they changed the order of things from the manga and changed a few of the plot points. I think they have done a really great job of adapting this.

The development of the girls through their interactions with Taroumaru was a nice addition to the story. I hated the way he was killed off in the manga!

Can't wait to see what's in store for the last two episodes, but I think they will probably end it with the graduation arc!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 10, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
Best episode I've seen of this so far. Loved their reactions with every shock. Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 10, 2015 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
I was fairly indifferent to Taroumaru, but after what fate befell him I kind of feel bad for the little pooch, or maybe more for Yuki and Miki since they like him the most.

Quite a nice development to show that Rii-san has reached her limit. She was always the mentally strongest

Miki also lost it near the end.

So next week will be a race against time and hordes of ghouls to help Kurumi.

This EP is excellent and I'm glad that Lerche followed the Romero convention of packing a lot of action into the latter quarter or so of a shambling corpse tale.
Sep 10, 2015 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
OrangeJP said:

I noticed this also, but I was thinking it was because Taroumaru has a connection to Miki's best friend Kei, and also that Miki seems to be closest to Yuki and wishes to protect her fragile mind to some degree.
Sep 10, 2015 5:42 PM

May 2014
Wow, that was rather dark. I was expecting the dog to go wasn't really a fan. I hope Miki will get the antidote in time to save Kurumi. ;-;

Really good episode. I can't wait to see what comes next.
Sep 10, 2015 5:57 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. Yuki noticing the broken class was probably my favouite moment. Kurumi suffering was pretty brutal.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 10, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2012
I loved this episode!

The ending was such a cliffhanger. I can't wait!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 10, 2015 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
shit just went full throttle ! :( pretty sad now ,more worried about what the hell Yuki is gonna do now that shes snapped out of it with the amount of things going on.

and i mean i'm no doctor but with how high up that bite is cutting off the whole arm seems like a bad idea with a knife (because bones N stuff)
Sep 10, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2015
Why do I feel like something unexpected will happen, something not in the manga...

Megu-nee and taroumaru RIP you will be missed

Kurumi has a 50-50 chance of turning since the anime went in a completely different direction than the manga

The next episode is titled "We Are Here" does that mean what I think it means :o

Dark episode and moar cliffhangers! Overall 5/5
Sep 10, 2015 6:35 PM

Sep 2013
God damn. I am dying right now, cant even feel my stomach. This anime is a huge load of feels and i wasn't really prepared for what just happened.

I would like to get off the ride now.....But i won't

See you guys next week, i hope so.
Sep 10, 2015 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
Freaking finally Taroumaru. Now be a good boy and stay closed in that damn room >.>
Xenocrisi said:
Smudy said:
The animation on the glass shatter was amazing.

But the real question is...there was glass? I thought that there was just wood.

There could be. We mostly saw wood barricading the doors and windows but as in those in the upper floors there could be a bit glass all around on it's sides. The zombies are trying to break however they can so it's normal that they would break the rest of the glass that was still in the doors and windows.

[quote=isvak]
Xenocrisi said:
isvak said:

I didn't understand that bit.
When did that happen? After she bit Kurumi? Shouldn't it be impossible for her, fully zombified, to write?

Didn't you follow the anime? The zombies has memories of their past, so Megu-nee keeps writing.

I'm pretty sure that happened right after she was bit so she was still half-conscious(?) which seem fair enough as the virus takes some time to fully turn someone.
Basically she was bit and right after some stuff blabla manga, doesn't matter she went down there and wrote what we saw in the past episode. I don't think this part was present time but just a following and conclusion to what happened when she reached the basement and was shown a few episodes ago (I'm not sure when it was)

HiImJay7 said:
Why do I feel like something unexpected will happen, something not in the manga...

I am really worried about it specially because the barricades went down >.< Miki has to go to the basement to get the stuff and in the manga that wasn't shown so idk if they are going to change stuff >.<

But finally an episode with the plot moving forward, although it feels like it was too late *sigh* It showed us a lot from each character though, Yuuri breaking down, same with Yuki's delusions and Miki about the damn dog... (Say whatever you want but I will never be satisfied with the portrayal of Miki's character in the anime...)
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Sep 10, 2015 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
I wish the whole series was like this episode instead of those stupid, moe episodes.

Hmm... looks like shovel girl lost. The second she thought of Megu-nee's gentle smile I knew she was screwed.

Yuki finally noticed the glass was already broken because of the rain! That was the most memorable moment in the episode for me... you know shit is really going to go down now.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 10, 2015 8:43 PM

Mar 2013
I need a hug, a lot of hugs, I need a shoulder to cry after this.

FIRST: Taroumaru...

SECOND: NOT THE BEST GIRL. PLEASE NO.
Sep 10, 2015 8:51 PM

Mar 2015
Ohh my... ohh my.... NO NO NO NO WHY???? Man this episode is dark. Miki's explanation about that Stephen King book where the dog die, and Taroumaru did die. Kurumi praying to Megu-nee to lookout for Taroumaru, and Taroumaru was bitten by Megu-nee. And also the barricade will hold because the power of love with Megu-nee, got destroyed by the end... whoa..

Well I knew this was coming from the "deathflag" of ED ep 9. But NO!!!! Could a medicine cure a bite???? Because if it can, then why the hell are there zombies??? Damn... I'm not getting my hopes up.

Not really a fan of Taroumaru, and kind of saw that coming in the last episode. Damn... but I feel bad for Miki. Just after she befriended Taroumaru again, she have to lose him too. I wonder if Kei still survives though, although it would be highly unlikely.

Well if Kurumi did die (which I hope not), I wonder if we would still see her from Yuki's illusions? That way they can keep her alive... but I think Yuki is coming to her senses though, realizing about the window and stuff.

Aww Megu-nee T_T

Megu-nee used Charm! Kurumi can't move.

Megu-nee used Bite! Kurumi is bitten.

Sep 10, 2015 8:52 PM
Jul 2015
If a zombie medicine existed then why didnt the government use it? This is just another asspull just so one of the main char wont die
Sep 10, 2015 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
I would have enjoyed it more if they didn't censor the dog face since I loved his zombie design in the manga :/
Also the opening is faster now isn't it?
Sep 10, 2015 9:10 PM

Jun 2014
iVanz said:
If a zombie medicine existed then why didnt the government use it? This is just another asspull just so one of the main char wont die

I dunno what they did in the anime to not mention this but....
Sep 10, 2015 9:16 PM

Aug 2015
Thai777 said:
iVanz said:

I dunno what they did in the anime to not mention this but....

Here's your reference just in case you didn't believe what he just stated. Don't worry not much of a spoiler.
MizunashiSep 10, 2015 9:44 PM
Sep 10, 2015 9:26 PM
Sep 2014
Incubusknight said:
Kurumi's nightmare later on felt a little out of place but I think it's suppose to represent the virus trying to take over her, thus the shadows bashing at the window and Megu-nee scratching at the door. Overall it a nice addition to the anime.

Best(?) part is that Megu-nee's lines in that scene are from chapter 22. You know, that chapter.
Sep 10, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2015
iVanz said:

If the anime follows the manga in the upcoming episodes we should be seeing a hint as to why the government hasn't been giving out this antidote that the girls have discovered.

To those who don't mind being spoiled:
Sep 10, 2015 9:27 PM

May 2012
if the show coulda had the dark and dreary atmosphere like this the entire show i think it would have been better, all the slice of life stuff kinda ruined the immersion for me... but holy fucking shit this episode... shit went down... if best girl dies imma be pissed
Sep 10, 2015 9:35 PM

Apr 2009
Caelidesu said:
They love breaking the 4th wall, don't they?

yess, i loved this haha .
Sep 10, 2015 9:36 PM

Aug 2008
Easily the best episode of the season. Very intense. Hope Kurumi survive.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 10, 2015 10:01 PM
Sep 2015
Incubusknight said:
Alright the anime's back on track! Get ready for Yuki's awakening!

100% agree.

PS: with Sadaharu no zombie problems :-PPPP
Sep 10, 2015 10:14 PM

Aug 2008
isvak said:
Xenocrisi said:

Didn't you follow the anime? The zombies has memories of their past, so Megu-nee keeps writing.

Yes, I even read the manga but I didn't think that she was even capable of writing!

I thought that scene is a flashback before she completely become zombie and not after she bit Kurumi.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 10, 2015 10:21 PM

Nov 2012
Megu-nee took real good care of Taroumaru.
Sep 10, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2015
I'm still waiting to see if Yuki will awaken! She's gotta have some sort of crazy plan. Episode preview shows her leaving with her backpack on. #SaveKurumi
Sep 10, 2015 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
Gotta say, didn't give a shit about Taromaru as a "character", but I think the loss they showed with Miki realizing he's gone was way more impactful than Kurumi staring down Zombi-nee and trying to come to terms with it.

Those obvious changes in the OP happened again. I wonder if during like the last episodes OP the sun will be completely set.

Yuki looked like she got a small dose of reality, and Rii looks like she might bull a Yuki and got batshit crazy.

Yuuri: "don't worry, the barriers are strong and reinforced with Megu-nee's love"...10 minutes later SMASH. ....yea? how'd that work?

People were calling Megu-nee the floor boss...jesus Christ fuck that shit. I'd much rather take on 100 Megu-nees than a single Taromaru. Fucking Zombiemaru can leap, run, has the jaw strength of a crocodile, and can slam in to doors loud enough for it to be terrifying. Final boss is Taromaru.

I also like how the zombies act in this show. They aren't human, and don't truly retain any memories and will attack anyone without hesitation. Zombie-nee wouldn't even stop for Yuki. But the fact that the brains retained like basic motor skill and recognition (wet zombies hiding under the roof/coming back to school. Zombie-nee still sitting down to write...this also answered my question on whether she changed as she was writing, or if she still did it as a zombie). It's cool and out of the box compared to some typical zombie stuff.

---------------------------

A lot of people said that they should've just cut Kurumi's arm off. While I agree completely, there were a few reasons why this wouldn't work. 1. These girls are oblivious as fuck. Something so logical would not come easy to them. 2. They waited too long. Even if they thought about it after Rii brought out the knife, the veiny looking things had spread to her face and leg. The virus wasn't isolated anymore. Had it been mentioned as a possibility right when she made it back to the clubroom, I'd say it was more plausible. The school was already well equipped. I wouldn't be surprised if the nurses office had better than usual medical equipment like a scalpel, morphine, and prescription meds that aren't available in regular schools. Quick turner kit at the should joint, slice the arm off, cauterize, morphine or morphine drip and antibiotics to keep the cauterized wound from getting an infection.

I find it funny that they were talking about how the school isn't secure enough and that they'll run out of food, but all of that just comes down to them being oblivious again.
- Had they not spent every minute of every day pandering to Yuki's delusions, they could've maybe got shit done and fortified the school and made food runs. Had they the courage to actually kill the zombies they could thin the herd and lower the risks. The fucking school gate is open for Christ sakes.

Think back to the mall episode. They went in, grabbed like 2 dozen cans of food, and like batteries from the hardware store. Had they actually put thought into it, they should've murdered that food section since it was practically untouched. They were also in an almost pristine hardware store, aka batteries, power tools, wood, nails, wire, rope, etc. Everything they would've needed to block doors and windows was there (or even make better weapons). You could argue that there were a lot of zombies there, but shit didn't even hit the fan till they made the bad decision of opening that theater door. Otherwise they might've been able to maneuver just fine.

Even without the mall, there are like 50 houses in front of the school, all with salvageable food and materials I'm sure.

* end logical zombie rant trying to be applied to high school girl anime setting.

Xenocrisi said:
XenoGeneiken said:
Were the zombies' faces blacked in the manga as well?

At the beginning yes but after a lot of chapters the faces of the zombies became visible. Taroumaru's face wasn't blacked, it was creepy.

That's a shame. I hope they show it in the BDs.
Jonesy974Sep 10, 2015 10:29 PM
Sep 10, 2015 10:32 PM

Apr 2010
I'm scared for them, honestly. They're fucked. I don't know what sorcery they'll use to get out of this shit storm. If facing zombies in video games has taught me anything, it's that you're gonna need an M249 and lots of ammo to get past that horde.
AkamitsuSep 10, 2015 10:41 PM

Sep 10, 2015 10:35 PM

Sep 2012
Kittenpotpie said:
i need a hug after watching this ;_;

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Sep 10, 2015 10:45 PM

Apr 2012
This is probably the best episode of the series. Finally the plot is moving and in a big way. They mercilessly dragged this series out way too long. Looks like Yuki, at long last, is coming out of her annoying delusions
zzzeallySep 10, 2015 10:50 PM

Sep 10, 2015 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, even being full of problems and difficulties, the development of the plot was very good indeed and the characters begin to show changes in their personalities too, Kurumi demonstrated its weakness at the wrong time, Yuuri was very shaken by what happened to Kurumi, Miki is stands out and tries to overcome difficulties to help others and Yuki finally begins to realize the situation in that she is

I am really looking forward for the next episodes, since the anime is not faithfully following the manga, I think it can happen an unexpected development ..
Sep 10, 2015 11:40 PM
Jul 2015
drama_menck said:

Very good episode indeed. One of those episodes where I raged at the ending. Like "Oh my god what happens next!?". One theory I wanted to throw out there. I think the room containing the "medicine" is the same room Taroumaru is currently locked in, so Miki will have to fight with him to get the cure. Haven't read the manga by the way.

Oh yeah one minor note. Does anyone know why every single window in the world was shattered during the apocalypse? You'd think most of them would have remained intact. Do zombies just hate windows, so they run around randomly flailing at them?
Sep 10, 2015 11:41 PM

Mar 2012
Had they continued to make it seem like Megu-nee was still alive and dropped subtle hints from time to time then this episode would've been more interesting and would've have had much more of an impact. It all just felt dragged out to this point.

The fact that Kurumi almost let Taroumaru, who somehow let himself get bitten by a slow moving zombie, bite her was annoying. Then she tries to attack zombie Megu-nee but ends up freezing up just to get herself bitten. Why would she try to face her, knowing she could barely face zombies without doing the whole face blackout thing, rather than running away? I'll let it slide since she's a kid but dam that's irritating.

Well at least, conveniently, there's a medicine to treat the virus right at their school so there's a slight chance they'll be able to help Kurumi.
Sep 10, 2015 11:46 PM
Jun 2012
It was a good episode but I just felt it was too little too late. They focused so much on the cute moe slice of life that the tension of the reality of the anime was lost. I lost a lot of hope for the anime after the atrocity that was episode 9. Now it's bringing the darkness of the anime back in but I'm just not as invested anymore. The balance of moe SOL and horror was just way off and the anime suffered overall for it :(
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

539 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 14, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

513 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2015

323 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

382 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.