Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damnnnn, Silvermask shows no mercy. Sword shed in blood and that ruthlessness imo is quite something. Really nice to see this uncensored though as to capture the thrill of the violence. I kinda felt bad for the Zot Clan though..

I thought the fight between him and Narsus was pretty fun to watch. Also interesting to see a bit of supernatural displayed this episode; a rarity apparently up to this point...I think he can attack via shadow?

I find it almost amusing how Daryun always attracted unwanted attention. Interesting developments.
Stark700Jun 21, 2015 2:51 AM
Jun 21, 2015 2:50 AM
Aug 2009
It's not really my type of anime and I started to watch it only because I saw CVs in some other anime from last season (was it Nanatsu no Taizai...?) but the series were gradually improving with every passing episode. At this point it's definitely something worth to watch.
Jun 21, 2015 3:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Even if Zot clan didn't encounter Silver Mask, they probably still would've gotten annihilated, as "Zot" literally means "nonentity." Poor naming sense got them good. Lol.

Good thing Alfreed got away safely though. She was pretty gutsy to spit at Silver Mask, which was one of the best scenes of this episode. Seems like she took a liking to Narsus. :3

Guiscard may just become my favorite villain of the show. Loved how he repudiated Bodin and his army with underhanded tactics. To hell with Yaldabaoth! >.<

Despite using a heavy blade, Xandes pretty much got owned by Daryun in the second round. The guy actually turned out to be quite pathetic.
That sorcerer might had a convenient magic, but he could never hope to match Daryun's beastly speed. Damn, he was friggin' fast AF! Although, this sort of supernatural abilities might be troublesome to deal with later on.

Decent episode. Gieve trying to entice Farangis and failing once again was hilarious as usual.

Jun 21, 2015 3:06 AM
Jan 2015
Great episode as usual. I don't understand why this anime isn't more popular. I do wonder whether we'll even see Arslan have an actual army before the end of the anime, though. The plot's different from how I expected it. Which is nice, in a way, I guess. Makes me wonder what's actually going to happen next.
Jun 21, 2015 3:28 AM

Aug 2013
When Daryun fell off of his horse, for an instant I thought he accidentally stabbed himself with his spear. That would have made for some messed up situational irony considering how Kharlan died.

Jun 21, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2014
Oh Gieve, I always love his interactions with Farangis. One of my favorite characters this season.

I like Alfreed so far.
Jun 21, 2015 4:35 AM

Oct 2014
new girl
>red eyes
>red hair
>'Wolf-like'
Best girl confirmed??

Also, the last 2 mins were just ehh?
Jun 21, 2015 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
1) I kinda wish there would be no magic in this anime
2) Worth it, for badass Daryun
3) Am I suppose to feel sorry for the thoef's daughter? I mean her father got what he deserved pretty much.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jun 21, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2011
It's not fair! Their foes have some "supernatural" thing in their sleeves while Arslan's company are using sheer man power -.-

That moment when Daryun rushed towards Arslan to save him XDD He's incredibly fast back then.

Nice episode overall.

By the way, I saw something interesting in the preview, so I can't wait for the next episode.

Jun 21, 2015 5:00 AM

Apr 2011
Steven15ify said:

Same here.

Jun 21, 2015 5:25 AM

Mar 2014
Uhm that scene when Daryun was running towards Arslan at Mach 20 was kinda creepy and awkward looking?

And what happened to that sorcerer? I don't remember seeing him after he was stabbed. He sure died quickly after that cool introduction

Bodin makes me sick, I hope he dies soon before he starts burning innocent people or something
Jun 21, 2015 5:25 AM
Mar 2014
Best episode yet. Hopefully this'll be like Steins;Gate, in which one half is incredibly superior to the other.

Alfreed is possibly the cutest girl ever.
Jun 21, 2015 5:32 AM

Jun 2015
that's cool when daryum running in the madness to save arslan, lol.

Is that sorcerers died??? :o

and the last 1 mins when elam meets the red haired girl, lool.
Jun 21, 2015 5:41 AM

Aug 2010
So magic is confirmed I see ^^; It was hinted quite a lot but I really hope it's not overused. Hopefully they'll keep it as something rare. Is that sorcerer really dead? I doubt it.

Liking Alfreed already. She's cute and her interactions with Narsus were nice. Should be fun seeing her reactions to Arslan and her interactions with the others.

Bodin is out so that's good. Hopefully we won't see him again any time soon.

Xandes got REKT lol
Jun 21, 2015 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
Daryun went hyper beast mode the moment Arslan was in danger. O.O

And looks like we have a new person joining this party with Alfreed. Judging from the preview, looks like she'll have some fun interactions with Elam.
Jun 21, 2015 5:48 AM

Dec 2013
Not a big fan of the introduction of magic in this series. I'm at least hoping it won't play too big of a role.

Looks like Narsus has begun his quest to find his own harem! Alfreed seems cool. Although it's surprising that Hermes didn't just kill her sooner.

Damn Daryun went beast mode at the end! Xandes for owned! That's what you get for trying be like Guts XD
Jun 21, 2015 5:56 AM

May 2010
LOl berserker mode?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 21, 2015 6:33 AM

Oct 2014
Barion-Zara said:
So magic is confirmed I see ^^; It was hinted quite a lot but I really hope it's not overused. Hopefully they'll keep it as something rare. Is that sorcerer really dead? I doubt it.
Xandes got REKT lol

I was also thinking the same thing :)
As this is history based anime so I think at those time people did believe in magic and stuff so the portrayal of it is not uncommon but still I would like this to be as realistic as possible.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jun 21, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2010
I think it would've been better if there were no magic/supernatural elements in this show. (; ̄Д ̄)

You can clearly see that some parts had awful art and it looks like the next episode is on a tight budget as well. Oh well, no choice, I guess.

LOL @ Gieve's attempts at Farangis everytime. (≧◡≦) Also, seems like Alfreed's going to be part of Arslan's party.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 6:43 AM

Dec 2010
wow Daryun. What a BAMF. Damn.
Jun 21, 2015 7:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fuck, Daryun went fucking indestructible mode there, i laughed my ass off. That was some crazy shit, he is OP!

Also the group is together again, now only with Narsus and the new girl missing, she is interesting.
Jun 21, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
LauraBirdie said:
Uhm that scene when Daryun was running towards Arslan at Mach 20 was kinda creepy and awkward looking?

My exact thoughts LOL

Jun 21, 2015 7:08 AM

Jul 2010
I did feel bad for the Zot clan. Alfreed is still filled with personality despite what just happened. The power struggle and to make Bodin pissed enough to leave the city. I feel bad for the king, already.

Seeing the use of magic opens infinite gates, looking forward to other types of magic and perhaps a magic user to be in the gang too.

Daryun in the mode to overpower anyone that stands in his path. Xandes's death was surprisingly quick?
Jun 21, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
Wizard uses shadow ground moving technique. Daryun uses fast forward.
Daryun's secret weapon
Jun 21, 2015 7:35 AM
Aug 2014
Father dies by his own spear and the son falls off a cliff...but I have a feeling he's not dead...
derprumeJun 21, 2015 7:38 AM
Jun 21, 2015 8:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was probably the most action packed episode yet =o

All I gotta say is that everyone got a chance to shine in this including Silver Mask and the uncensored blood and gore was glorious

Alfreed is pretty cool too and I want to ship her with Arslan but at the same time I want to ship her with Narsus lol....I can only imagine how Elam will react to her xD

That supernatural shadow realm stuff tho....I loved it all xD
Jun 21, 2015 8:44 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Nice, new girl joining the group.

When Daryun fkin rekt everyone to save arslan, that was pretty amazing. o.o
Jun 21, 2015 8:50 AM

Dec 2013
Alfreed!!!
So Narsus' self-proclaimed waifu finally arrives on the scene. Her and Elam vying for Narsus' attention will be a joy to watch. XD

Daryun and Falangies could have easily dealt with those soldiers and Xandes, had it not been for the Earth Mage coming in for the assist.

I was expecting them to use the scene from the manga to show dissension amongst the ranks of the Lustanians (you know, the mysterious assassination of Bodin's bishop Pedelaus, by “a dagger-wielding arm coming out from the earth, where Bodin blamed the Parsians and wanted retribution), but the way they did it here made it so it was explicitly an internal conflict rather than a political compromise disagreement. The result ends up the same, but the scene in the manga would've made more sense what with the introduction of the Earth Mage this episode.

Ah well. Alfreed is finally here! <3
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 21, 2015 9:04 AM

Sep 2014
I LIKE Alfreed , she looks so great <3
She's in period maybe ? xD joking.

Arslan looks like a girl to me at the end.

Also I didn't expect to see 'Magic' moves in this show.. So 1 New enemy and 1 new friend ^^
Jun 21, 2015 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Alfreed joins the party after the mass-murder of the Zot clan. So far, the supernatural being introduction was a bit of a surprise, but I'm curious to see how it'll actually play in the story and not be used as some decoration. It's also getting more typical how in sync Arslan's party is when fighting (and conversing), and it's starting to grow on me.
Jun 21, 2015 10:22 AM
Apr 2013
i like Alfreed nice episode it's getting better
Jun 21, 2015 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Confucius said:
LOl berserker mode?

After the sorcery part which I considered cheating nothing should surprise me now. Daryun was blasting holes in the ground as he was running..

just saw this too lol
Monad said:

Daryun's secret weapon
---------My Profile------------
Jun 21, 2015 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
Hmm sorcery and even more terrifying strength shown by Daryum. While it was sad that Alfreed lost her "family" i feel little sympathy, since they were bandits... or so i would like to say, but the truth is that they found another way of living, good or bad, Alfreed was born in it, making it seem right to her.
Jun 21, 2015 12:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I found it interesting how "easily" Guiscard got rid of the Temple Knights. I'm guessing that he'll be after the throne next. An intelligent adversary like him will make for for a much more satisfying story.

Arslan is getting surrounded by a lot of people who will support him, even if his claim to the throne isn't the most worthy. I wonder how this Alfreed girl will fit into that dynamic.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2015 12:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Daryun used Haste.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 21, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
lol Gieve never fails to amuse me.
Jun 21, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
Damn Silver Mask is merciless. And it looks like they're going to add a new member to their group. Guiscard owning that dumb priest was great lol. Daryun was epic at the end, as usual. And Gieve continues to provide laughs by failing to woo Falangies. I hope they end up together though.

I agree with some other people, I hope magic doesn't become too common in this anime. I like it more without magic
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 21, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2014
I love how the narration is just like LOTGH.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 21, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
LauraBirdie said:
Uhm that scene when Daryun was running towards Arslan at Mach 20 was kinda creepy and awkward looking

I thought the same thing xD

I kinda hoped this Silver mask guy would be cooler. He is too short-tempered.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jun 21, 2015 2:08 PM
Jun 2014
Good episode but hopefully the magic stays to a minimum, like only the masked group of people at least.

Daryun was comically OP at the end, I'm not asking for 100% realism but lets not do that again.
Jun 21, 2015 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
god damn daryun slow down a bit

new ally and magic introduced into the series
Jun 21, 2015 2:57 PM

Dec 2012
I like the Guiscard guy.

Elam catching Arslan was hilariously awkward.

Daryun somehow never dares to kill actual characters, but has no trouble killing random soldiers.
Jun 21, 2015 3:01 PM

Mar 2015
Daryun is boss - enough said.
Jun 21, 2015 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
The Zot clan except Alfreed got wiped out by Silver Mask and his soliders.

That took care of Xandes.

Alfreed has joined Arslan's team.
Jun 21, 2015 3:45 PM

Nov 2012
I can't help but feel Xandes isn't dead, personally I find it comical how the woman of the Zot clan survived, random bias by hero character to save some random chick and Silver Mask plus troops not just murdering her from the get go.
Jaywalker.
Jun 21, 2015 3:52 PM

Jun 2014
wtf Daryun went full beast mode and destroyed everyone the instant the sorcerer got close to Arslan.
Jun 21, 2015 4:01 PM

Oct 2011
Alfreed joined the party! Daryun in berserk mode! I really like this episode.

mshitsugaya10 said:
Steven15ify said:

Same here.

+1.
Jun 21, 2015 4:02 PM

Apr 2012
Yea kinda weird that they decided to implement supernatural powers to the series, but not really surprising since Farangis seems to possess some of the same.

Nice to see the archbishop being ousted from his position of power, but I'm guessing they'll start an independent movement for themselves.

Daryun reaffirming his loyalty and ridding any doubts about serving Arslan, was a nice touch to end the episode.
zzzeallyJun 21, 2015 4:07 PM

Jun 21, 2015 4:22 PM

Oct 2013
Daryun just turned into usain bolt with a spear, that was crazy.

Excited to see the new character Alfreed come into play.

Jun 21, 2015 5:14 PM

Apr 2014
Daryun is just too op...he struggle against Xandes because of the shadow man.
Xandes can't even do anything to Daryun...and when he lose, he run and got shot down by Falangies.
Alfreed join the team eh...interesting.
Looking forward to more fun and interesting things.
P.S. I don't like Sliver Mask guy...acting way too cocky and hope that he gets kill some day.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2015

243 by Yabasawa »»
Sep 9, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.