Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2015 5:13 AM

Apr 2014
This is the start of something beautiful. I am sure of it. Don't screw up please.
Apr 5, 2015 5:15 AM

Aug 2008
Good first episode! And here I initially thought that this will be another harem, ecchi-filled show, BUT I WAS TOTALLY WRONG.

Aaaah, this totally reminded me of Chobits, with the comedic scenes that eventually diverts into a throat-hurting feels show.

And I'm loving every bit of it.
Apr 5, 2015 5:30 AM

Nov 2013
Well this was pretty interesting. I can already tell this will end up in a tragedy with a lot of drama since the protagonist will fall in love with her. I do love me some sci fi.
Apr 5, 2015 5:34 AM

Oct 2013
the animation was really good. so sad... but yeah, there will come when we will be shown what happens when the giftia expires.
Apr 5, 2015 5:40 AM

Dec 2011
The combination of funny, happy and sad moments played out really well, and I must say that is definitely going to end up being a good anime to continue watching.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 5, 2015 6:01 AM

Nov 2014
Good first episode, hope to get some more background information though. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
I don't want to grow up.
Apr 5, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting episode. I like the character design and the backgrounds. The combination of fun and drama seems to be very good at the moment.

Well, let's see, how the story will develop.
Apr 5, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2010
I can't believe Isla fell just like that. LMAO.

Hmm the concept is interesting; original, more or less. Expecting lots of feels, I just hope that they it doesn't turn into melodrama. As long it doesn't, it has a lot of potential. Not sure if the moment at the end was needed. Very nice first episode anyways.
Apr 5, 2015 6:31 AM

Aug 2013
Was almost entirely being immersed into it . . . until the pee joke killed everything in the end.
Apr 5, 2015 6:49 AM

May 2009
Zazie122 said:
So like, the twist is gonna be that the protagonist is also a giftia, right? Because it feels like that's where it's heading.

I don't get why so many wants them to rip off Blade Runner.Why are you setting yourself for disappointment because your predictions are baseless and aren't going to happen?
Apr 5, 2015 7:11 AM
Jul 2012
Really? Going to have this many feels in the first episode? God damn I'm in for a long feel trip.

Yakumo257Apr 5, 2015 7:18 AM
Apr 5, 2015 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
The show was a surprise sleeper on my list. I'm glad I picked it up.
The animation is decent and concept is interesting enough to keep me hooked.
Just loving these shows that explore the concept of mortality and the relative passing of time for different types of existences. I'm getting an Eve no Jikan vibe to this show already.

Isla is such a cutie. Her diary was funny as heck and the garbage dive was hilarious. I love that expression she had when she was trying to get the old lady to talk with them, she was practically on the verge of determined tears. I really like Zack and his carefree attitude revealing all of Michiru's little secrets, contrasting with how professional he is when doing his job. Him and Isla both stand out quite a bit, albeit in different ways.

I kind of understand why having a programmed/mechanically unchanging robot would be a comfort to certain people who find it hard to connect with real people, as a substitute for such cases. I can also see how experiences and shared memories can affect ones perception on things, I really empathize with Isla's point of view here.

Looking forward to them revealing the reason why Isla was pulled from the field previously. I"m guessing her time is nearing it's tenure soon, or that she could be defective in some way.

Also, can someone tell me who did the voice acting for Nina? I've heard her in so many other shows doing small children's parts, and I friggin love her voice! I just don't know who exactly she is.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 5, 2015 7:13 AM

May 2013
at least this is better than clannad drama
Apr 5, 2015 7:30 AM
Apr 2013
WTF is this shit, first episode and it triggered my feels already.

Anyway this episode has a nice atmosphere and everything feels like a balance to me. Definitely looking forward on how this anime plays out.
Apr 5, 2015 7:55 AM

Oct 2013
THE LOLICON PANDERING IS MAKING ME SALTY AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHY. Srs, what has anime come to, my friends.. n_n

Can a single anime go without fanservice/malegaze crap? I don't even mind it usually, but when it's in EVERY, SINGLE, gosh darn thing... ye ok Imma cool off now.

Decent episode. The slightest of feels. Seemed like a lesser Time of Eve, which I didn't think was particularly fantastic myself to begin with. Will probably put it on hold and decide whether to watch it later if reception is positive.
_AisuApr 5, 2015 8:00 AM
Apr 5, 2015 8:17 AM
Feb 2015
first episode already like that... damnnn..
Apr 5, 2015 8:29 AM

Sep 2010
Isla is love, Isla is life. <3
Apr 5, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2014
Starswirl9 said:
THE LOLICON PANDERING IS MAKING ME SALTY AND I'M NOT EVEN SURE WHY. Srs, what has anime come to, my friends.. n_n
I think it's trying to comunicate, what do we do, guys?
Apr 5, 2015 8:33 AM

Nov 2014
I hope they continue popping up some jokes in the dramatic scenes. I can tell this is going to be some heavy drama anime.

It's interesting.

Dec 2013
Well I started this show with no expectations and wow, I've gotta say the drama was done pretty well. Being a Giftia seems like a pretty sad though.
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Paulo27 said:
Starswirl9 said:

Take a stick and poke it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 5, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
I did not expect this to be this good. That's a nice surprise. The characters were really generic, but the story concept was pretty unique. And the animation was surprisingly fluid. Let's see where this anime is going. Oh yeah, & please improve the comedy timing.

XG-70d said:
I don't like the humour or the android girl much, but apart from that, it was quite well done.
Concept is interesting, but they better have a good reason why the androids have such limited time to live.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

Another problem I have with this first episode (and probably will have with the show as a whole) is the art. I feel that the art is too much colorful and the character design is too much moe for the serious tone that the story has attempted to achieve.
About the comedy, I have mixed feelings so far. Some sequences were good (I've found the tea stuff pretty funny, for example) but the majority of it felt forced and out of place, especially the bathroom joke at the end.
Anyway, I will keep an eye on it. Definetly not a bad start.
Apr 5, 2015 8:45 AM
Mar 2013
This episode brought me so much feels, but right at the time I'm about to cry, Isla's words killed my mood. Damn, I feel like she just trolling me.
Apr 5, 2015 8:45 AM

Mar 2014
Lacertoss said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
I did not expect this to be this good. That's a nice surprise. The characters were really generic, but the story concept was pretty unique. And the animation was surprisingly fluid. Let's see where this anime is going. Oh yeah, & please improve the comedy timing.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

Another problem I have with this first episode (and probably will have with the show as a whole) is the art. I feel that the art is too much colorful and the character design is too much moe for the serious tone that the story has attempted to achieve.
About the comedy, I have mixed feelings so far. Some sequences were good (I've found the tea stuff pretty funny, for example) but the majority of it felt forced and out of place, especially the bathroom joke at the end.
Anyway, I will keep an eye on it. Definetly not a bad start.
It's like we are watching different shows, if you are expecting a serious show about androids and how they work you are better off leaving right now because this isn't that type of show.
I honestly don't even know how to reply to your comment on how this show is too colorful because it makes no damn sense.
Apr 5, 2015 8:52 AM

Oct 2013
DatRandomDude said:
Paulo27 said:

Take a stick and poke it.

wow rood
Apr 5, 2015 9:02 AM
Feb 2014
Potential tragedy. I have prepared for it.
Apr 5, 2015 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
(O.O) The first episode almost made me cry, very good beginning. I guess how the anime will end :/
Apr 5, 2015 9:15 AM

Jan 2015
Nice 1st episode, i didn't cry but was sad
Apr 5, 2015 9:16 AM

Jun 2013
That was a really amazing first episode!
already in tears! :)
9/10
Apr 5, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
I'm not too impressed by the overall concept of the show, and it looks like it's going to be episodic... I just hope they're going to delve a bit deeper into the world's mechanics, the characterization and the anime's themes.
There was a decent amount of animation (although it wasn't always high-quality), and I hope they keep it up on this front. I'm OK with the atmosphere and the character interactions, but this episode didn't manage to make me laugh out loud or care for the drama at the end. 6/10.
Apr 5, 2015 9:33 AM

Dec 2014
wah good start, androids and stuff seems interesting (more like chobits? oh no not really).
The MC reminds me of Shinichi (Outbreak Company) for some reason, err.. the hair
Apr 5, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2011
BAWLING MY EYES OUT!!!!

I wonder how long the member of the SAI Company Giftia will last??? Isla is my most concern T__________________________T
Apr 5, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Muh feels
Apr 5, 2015 10:31 AM

Dec 2008
I didn't understand what they do with retrieve Giftia (or it wasn't stated?), they destroyed them completely?.

The comedy scene at the end should have not happen... in my opinion.
Apr 5, 2015 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Just once when I was a little boy, I thought if it could exist people like these ones, living with us in a nearly future. Quite nostalgic, I believe in the evolution of the society when the artificial life can live with the human life.. It's going to be a very interesting anime. ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Apr 5, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
Funny humor and touching, good stuff.
Apr 5, 2015 10:39 AM

Nov 2014
M-my feels..
Apr 5, 2015 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
All those feels :'( This show is going to be a lot more sad than i thought.
Skullcrusher said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:
I can already picture my heart being broken at the end of this anime.

Me too :(
Apr 5, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
StevenHu said:
XG-70d said:
Concept is interesting, but they better have a good reason why the androids have such limited time to live.

*cough* Cortana. *cough*

but anyways, fantastic intro episode. The music was brilliantly arranged and there is space for potential. When the old lady said that she was her only family, I shed a tear, especially after the little girl fell into an eternal slumber.

"If my lifespan was predetermined, how would I handle that?"
Shit. I'd rather not have memories than to know when I'd fucking lose them. Thanks for reiterating that statement, Isla. 4.5/5
Apr 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
Namu12 said:
I didn't understand what they do with retrieve Giftia (or it wasn't stated?), they destroyed them completely?.

The comedy scene at the end should have not happen... in my opinion.
They just take the brains out.
Apr 5, 2015 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
After hearing that Giftia explanation, I get the feeling that Isla is gonna end up dying by the end of this series. I don't think I'll be able to hold back if that happens :(

That aside, I'm loving the OST already. Plastic Memories is looking to be one of my favorites of this season if it keeps up like this. I love how well the name of the series fits with the overall concept.
Apr 5, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2008
Wow, I was really unprepared for how sad this was going to be. Great fist episode though.
Apr 5, 2015 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
almost feels like they are trying to hard to make a feels anime
[/quote]
Apr 5, 2015 11:27 AM
Sep 2014
Well...This start promess a much. I hpoe see a one great anime
Apr 5, 2015 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
Looks interesting but why are they made androids that metabolize and expel waste...? Why are they using rings put on finger to shut them down? Why is department responsible for dealing with something that hugely impacts company's image and sales so small and irresponsible? Why are they even letting a single company play God? That's a lot of disbelieve to suspend. I'll keep watching it but I hope there won't be too many asspulls to just walk over.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Sep 2014
This was emotional without feeling too forced.
A great start, hopefully it keeps up.
Apr 5, 2015 11:36 AM
Apr 2013
this show is going to kill me, i can already tell
Apr 5, 2015 11:43 AM
Apr 2015
Great first episode! It definitely has the potential to be the best anime this season.
Apr 5, 2015 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
i don't think there was a character i hated, not even the tsundere. great start so far

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 5, 2015 11:59 AM

Oct 2008
Looks promosing...what a good start... OMG! I almost cried because of the heavy drama on this one. (The scene wherein Nina has to go maintenance and say goodbye to Grandma)
Amamiya Sora, perfection of a VA!
So this plot is about a humanoid robot called Androids that behaves like humans but their operating limit is roughly 8 yrs and 4 months. memory threshold is the root cause of their inoperable and must be maintained but the cost is memory wipeout. Good concept.
Expecting a lot on this new anime. I expect a lot of drama and tears.
matias067Apr 5, 2015 12:06 PM

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tendou-kun - May 22, 2015

222 by Penguinu »»
May 23, 3:18 AM

» Are they really Android?

Animo_san - Apr 13

0 by Animo_san »»
Apr 13, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

533 by Moonlit_whisper1 »»
Mar 22, 12:13 PM

» Plastic memories

Golden__Darkness - May 16, 2015

8 by Shinetizinho »»
Jan 13, 6:25 PM

» How did you feel while watching this and what impression did the anime leave on you? ( 1 2 )

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

50 by maximovich »»
Jan 12, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.