Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 29, 2015 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
Miragee said:
Legal_Latino said:
I saw a couple of 7's and even an 8 for this anime... r u srs...

this is why anime is getting shittier every year

No, people gave out a shit ton of 10/10 for Shigatsu - now THAT would be the true reason why anime is becoming shittier (if it is...). I think anyting between 5-7 is a fair rating for this show and seeing how MAL scores are generally inflated, 8 is perfectly fine here as well.

Mar 29, 2015 12:41 PM

Jan 2012
The only refreshing show this season, sad to see this end to be honest, I'm hoping to see WIT do something like this again.

*EDIT*

Not surprised the forums for this show are full of hate, shitposts, and animated GIFs. Most of you guys never cease to showcase your impeccable tastes :3
ReasonDesuMar 29, 2015 1:06 PM
Mar 29, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2010
The premise was interesting. The first two episodes were much more than I would expect of it and I would have even rated them 8/10. It brought very interesting dynamics between characters, great humour and showed a lot of promise. And then episode 3 came and it all went down the drain. The rest of the anime was the most pointless 10 episodes I've ever seen. I had no idea about anything and I honestly didn't care because it bored me immensely. I hoped it would meet the level of first 2 episodes but it didn't. These characters were very flat and boring. Building the whole story on characters such as that is not a good idea. All in all, I was very disappointed by everything that followed after ep 2. Final rating 5/10.
Mar 29, 2015 2:04 PM

Jun 2014
Too much actioney bits and not enough SoL with the girls on the road. Otherwise would have given it a higher score. Bittersweet ending.

I will probably remember this show for having Chiaya the cannibal-octopus-alien girl :D

7/10
Mar 29, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
jbeat said:
So in the end, Chiaya and her mom left earth.... but then, who's the new female alien president in the end that made Momiyama blush? And why didn't that white haired alien go with Chiaya and her mom? Oh well.

I enjoyed the first 9 (or 10) episodes. I liked the art, animation and music as well. 6/10

That woman was the president... only Chiaya went on the space ship as far as I could tell. The president and white-haired scientist stayed behind to live there. The whole premise behind them both wanting to get Chiaya back home, and him putting himself in a slumber to wait for that special full moon, was... a stretch. Why not just have all 3 go back home? Who knows. Sort of a plot hole.

But I wasn't watching this show for the perfect story - I liked the visual effects and the simple friendship/bonding aspects. So it delivered what I expected it to, and enjoyed it.
Mar 29, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2010
Fucking 8.5/10!!!
The art was gorgeous, there was a great variety of interesting characters, there were actual mini arcs and they all had interesting stories. And the feels...ooh the feels that this anime gave me. I understand if some people don't quite like it, but it's just outrageous that they are people who even hate it.........
Mar 29, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2014
so stupid that it was fun 8/10
Mar 29, 2015 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
I'm given it a 7/10, The main loss in points comes from the somewhat confusing story.

As an old man that came of age during the late 70s and early 80s. I thought the music for this show rocked. The opening theme is punk as fk for an anime. Perhaps a little lighter than I'm used to, but a catchy guitar-driven pop-punk song is preferable to about 99% of what gets airplay in this country these days. The writers must have some good taste in music. Anyone from ancient times would notice little Chiaya was dressed as a Mod girl, complete with longish Air-Force coat (it should have said The Jam on the back) and Vespa scooter, and Yukina looks like a H X C girl with her flight jacket and cap. She's only missing 8-hole Doc Martens. Enough of my maniacal ravings, but it was nice to see for once.

Other nice things about the series is the bright art and cute character designs. I thought the main four were a fairly endearing bunch, but nothing that SoL fans have not seen a thousand times. I did enjoy the dynamic between the main four. The various factions were interesting for the most part, but perhaps it would have been better to focus on one or two instead of so many. I think my favorites were the trainee geisha clan,
Mar 29, 2015 8:35 PM

Jan 2009
I always look for anime shows with an all-girls cast or the protagonist at least is a girl, not caring if there's a solid plot or anything. Then I stumbled upon RG.

Initially, I was expecting this to be a normal and clichéd cute-girls-doing-cute-things anime. I was totally wrong. I'm giving this an 8.5/10 because it did a good job on keeping me looking forward to the next episode every week, despite not being a moe-centric anime and having a lot of story elements left unexplained.

Mar 29, 2015 9:57 PM
Jun 2014
6/10 overall. Story was a bit confusing at times but was a decent watch to pass some time.

If I were to rate it solely on music though, it would be an easy 10/10 though a lot of it has to do with being a fan of punk/rock music in general.
Mar 29, 2015 10:53 PM

Aug 2013
4/10

All of those points go towards art and OST. Since they story ate a dick.

----------------

So all of this time the stones literally served no purpose other than being starship fuel. All of the bests were just genetically superior. Sorry U-tan, but this show basically said you will always be fucking awful.

They also never mentioned why pirate girl was doing pirate things. Like she started to say something when she was alone in the ship, then got interrupted. She got beat and that was that. Her entire existence was basically pointless to the story.

Chi-chan and her "mom" went back home through the gate, but Otomo stayed behind. Why? Idk, it makes no sense. Was it to stay with pirate girl? But then again, spear girl made friendly with pirate girl at the end, so he had no reason to stay.

Maa-chan finally sees Nozomi and they have the shittiest reunion I've ever seen. Oh, you ok? Yea...how bout you? Yeah.
..fukkin srsly?

Chi-chan leaves and never comes back. There's no post credit scene. So she literally goes bye-bye, and is never heard from again.

Some random hot ass squid lady shows up? Why? Who is she? Why is she taking over for the president? Why is she a giant squid and not an octopus? WHY WAS SHE SO FUCKING HOT?

--------------

Everyone's happy endings were kind of nice. The racing people. Guitar girl and Hayami Saori. Spear girl, Yukkipe making a manga. Fun times. All without Chi-bo.

--------------

Honestly If Wit would have just made 24 minutes of color backgrounds and kept the OST, and had zero characters or story...legit just colorful background stills with music playing, I would've given this show a 7 lol.

LMFAO at the people saying this was better than Shigatsu. You fucking people need to be admitted into a goddamn psych ward.
Mar 29, 2015 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
How do y'all watch an entire 12-episode show if you're gonna give it anything less than a 6? I can't see why you'd waste your time, I drop shit I don't like.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 30, 2015 1:02 AM

Jun 2014
wheresthehandle said:
How do y'all watch an entire 12-episode show if you're gonna give it anything less than a 6? I can't see why you'd waste your time, I drop shit I don't like.

Personally, I don't drop anime if only 1-3 episodes are left to finish it, and earlier I had hope that this show'll get better.
Mar 30, 2015 4:32 AM

Mar 2010
wheresthehandle said:

Someone does something you disagree with. Burn the blasphemer! Seriously though, not everyone is you everyone does things their own way. Just because you would do something doesn't mean everyone else should or their way is wrong. Besides, 12 episode anime is worth finishing even if one doesn't enjoy it because it's just 12 episodes. In my case, I kept watching because of the first 2 episodes. I thought that maybe the show would get on the same level eventually but it didn't. Would I have dropped it after 2 episodes if I knew? Yes. But I can't see the future so I kept watching.
Mar 30, 2015 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
This show was alright when it wasn't trying to pull some overarching plot. Actually the whole alien thing would have been alright if they weren't doing those shitty subplots with Kaguya and Momo at the same time.

Vindstot said:
That twist though.. So the stones didn't have anything to do with being a Best? Kinda anticlimactic.
That's been pretty obvious for awhile.
Mar 30, 2015 6:42 AM

May 2013
It was alright I guess. The art and special effects in most episodes kinda saved this from total ruin. Pretty unique, but they try to be unique too much, even by force in some scenes. Nevertheless, the story progression was fine. Although during the first few episodes of this series, this left a big question mark for me.

So Chiaya left and went back to her home. They said their farewells and it was touching, sort of. Well, they are friends forever even if they are far apart.
6/10
Mar 30, 2015 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
That just felt meh. I demand they make the shounen version of this show.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 30, 2015 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Boring!

1/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 30, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
The ending was meh, a bit sad they had to save budget on the last episode. Overall the show actually wasn't too great, far too less character development for the main cast. But although it never reached the greatness that were the first 2 episodes again, I somehow still liked it and was anticipating each new episode. It just had that friendly atmosphere going on. The art was good oftentimes, and the OST too.
Mar 30, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
If someone would ask me to summarize the plot I couldn't do it. The overall story was kinda vague, the stones, aliens, and then there's all these sidestories.

Still think it was pretty cute and entertaining. Nice visuals too

7/10
Mar 30, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Damn i like this show.....enjoyed it a lot
Mar 30, 2015 4:53 PM

Dec 2010
The plot isn't well-established. That should kill the score for many people. Here's the very core of what we're told the story is about in...

.. the first episode: "Clans fight over things"

.. the last episode: "We needed to gather stones to make a spaceship"

This sounds harsh, but a story without a strong plot will never be highly thought of regardless of how pretty you can make it look.
Mar 31, 2015 12:06 AM
May 2012
KanjoBazooie said:
Anyone know the name of the song that played when they activated the robot?

It was a cover of "Owaranai Uta" by The Blue Hearts. Youtube has a couple live videos.
Mar 31, 2015 3:08 AM

Sep 2014
best anime of this season, very entertaining.
I will miss this so hard.. hopefully they do a second season or something
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 31, 2015 4:18 PM

Mar 2009
Wow. That ending sure was a mess. And overall, this show was rather aimless, wasn't it?

I feel like there was so much potential in the first two episodes(even reminded me of FLCL), but it dropped off significantly. Sure, the animation was nice, and the art was pretty good, and let's not forget about some of the exciting endings to a few arcs. But the writing was messy and mostly meandering.

Disappointing is the word for Rolling Girls. Too bad.
Mar 31, 2015 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
Story-telling was was really weak, plot was hard to keep track of and some things just felt so undeveloped. This series may had needed another few episodes to truly get the most out of its premise, maybe even 20+. It was quite hard for me to stick to this all the way.

Nevertheless I found some things enjoyable. Music and art is definite its strongest points. Characters were a mixed bag, some were a hit and some were a miss. Voice-acting was solid - I admit I followed this purely for Nozomi's seiyuu Ari Ozawa who previously bestowed us with her great performance as Chiyo Sakura, and I think she did well here too.
Apr 1, 2015 7:41 AM

Jul 2012
Series achieved what I think it set out for. Wasn't great, wasn't the worst this season either. Strong 6/10
Apr 2, 2015 6:15 AM

May 2010
Momiyama hammers sure are popular.

"Huh? Huh? Huh?" Indeed. LOL the stones had nothing to do with bests. It was needed to give heart power... one-time use I guess. Then it becomes a permanent ability.

This ended with a bang. I like how everyone developed esp. Ai and Nonsuke. Not sure if it is 7 or 8. "Don't look at others... Every little thing matters... Every tiny bit effort counts... Be yourself..." would be the message of this show. I think that is beautiful. But when I think how confusing it was sometimes... This is a show which requires rewatching for certain things to make more sense. I did try to rewatch one episode and yeah, it got a lot better. 7.5/10 it is.

Yukina was my fav btw, she grew out her hair and it looks beautiful on her <3
Apr 3, 2015 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
Ultimately did not completely disfigured this TV series, despite not winning the prize as the best anime of the season. Maybe it was not possible in terms of plot to express well the idea that you had in mind. Very colorful and nice set design, recommended for those who want to relax and do not want to commit that much about the mind, especially in summer.
I loved the colors and the scenery.

My vote is 6/10!
Apr 4, 2015 11:00 PM

Feb 2013
I kinda loved this.....I actually cried a bit.....which I did not expect to happen....

8/10
Apr 5, 2015 8:01 AM
Mar 2014
Well that was a colorful show
Apr 6, 2015 11:45 AM

Jan 2011
oh they dont need the stone to be strong, just need friends :)

overall a fun series, feel like the earlier episodes are better, the final arc is especially messy
Apr 9, 2015 11:50 AM

Nov 2010
This show really needed one of those final episodes where everyone they've met on the way contributes to the climax, and also a good, colorful fight to make up for all the time Matcha and the other girl were out of the game. The setting was never explained and the aliens turned out to be a red herring, so they needed to go the extra mile to compensate for it.

I appreciate the energy and the crazy nature of the show, but in the end it was a bit clumsy, like the people behind it didn't have much experience doing this kind of thing or something went south during its production.

I'm still giving it a 9, though. This and Death Parade were the most interesting titles of the winter season and it is no coincidence that they were also both original stories. I wish more studios had these kinds of projects instead of the flood of cringe worthy light novels, eroges, visual novels and game tie-ins.
Apr 10, 2015 3:52 PM

Jun 2013
Art and sound were the only good things about this series. 3/10 a mess.
Apr 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
Very mediocre show but the characters were really likeable. I'm more into realistic shows but this one even if it feels unrealistic sometimes brought a smile to my face. Made me shiver once at the end. The characters were really cool though some unneeded. Artwork was top notch and the ost was decent. 7/10
Apr 14, 2015 4:40 PM

May 2012
Quite lovely ending, quite liked the overall style of development and especially the art style which had a very unique and surrealistic touch to it which I quite lovely! So all in all this anime was quite good I must say! Better than first expected!
Apr 16, 2015 9:27 PM

Jan 2012
And so Chiaya and her mom return home...I'm not entirely sure why the white haired dude didn't go with them, but oh well. What a weird show. It was very different, that's for sure I'm...just not sure how much I enjoyed it in the end. It was a very pretty series, bright and colorful and pleasing to the eye, very stylistic. I feel like a rewatch might help me better form an overall opinion on the scattered plot and characters, but not anytime soon. Not sure how I feel about the implications of the stones not giving power afterall, reducing Nozomi to a mere helper, but oh well. Guess I'll go with my gut and give it a 7 out of 10 overall. Weird, but fun.
animefan8800Apr 16, 2015 9:32 PM
Apr 19, 2015 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
Its was okay...I guess. The main characters become more like side characters here. The only thing I like was the first two episodes.

5/10. Meh
MagitoApr 19, 2015 5:29 AM
Apr 20, 2015 12:11 AM

Jun 2009
Dunno why everyone says this show is so bad. I enjoyed it. 7/10
Apr 30, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2014
5/10, didn't understand much about what the anime actually was about.
Really liked the first 2 episodes, would have been great if the story was more about Maccha Green and more battle and shit.. :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2015 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
I dont know why people hate on this show.
Its cheery and colorful and fun and cute. does EVERYTHING have to be dark and gritty and violent? Like just fucking roll with it!

There was no reason to have Chi-bo leave in the end though~!! ={

9/10 i loved it.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 5, 2015 12:04 PM
Dec 2012
The reviews by ZepSilver and Link_of_Hyrule, which I'm seeing on the front page, are mentally challenged. They hate moe so much that they blame it for the show's failure even though it isn't even a moe show. And they both use the term "moe blob" which doesn't mean ANYTHING. There are no "moeblobs," they don't exist. It's a buzzword used by people who don't know what moe means but who want to communicate that they have a pathological fear and hatred of cute girl characters, perhaps because they're latent homosexuals. These are the sort of typical, cancerous Western "fans" who think everything has to be a copy of Cowboy Bebop or Akira and that the industry is supposed to revolve around casual Westerners and their childish whims.

The script is a complete and total disaster, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with "moe."
May 10, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
Matoro_Mahri said:
This was nowhere near a disaster, but it certainly dropped off as it progressed further. Was a strong 6/10 for most of the season, slipped into 5 territory a couple times but pulled out a weak 6. Wit Studio is the future, if only they would hire a better writer.

What? Wit is pretty much the definition of a studio producing mediocrity.
May 18, 2015 10:35 PM

Jun 2009
wasn't bad though coulda used about 3 or 4 more episodes and some repacing due toend was rushed
May 29, 2015 1:18 PM

Jul 2011
I loved this anime! So cute and many life lessons in it. I loved the alien part, and the Bests and it was a heart warming show!
May 31, 2015 5:06 AM
May 2012
I liked the story, but the execution could've been a lot better.

When I saw that the 4 used to play when they were kids, that was completely plus points in the character development and I thought it was really good. Initially I would give a 6, but because of this, I would give this one a 7/10.
Jul 29, 2015 12:46 AM

May 2015
The whole series is fun!!! I love the development and plot twists <3 I wish they will still be together TT^TT atleast the ending makes a fulfillment for me. ^_^ <3 <3

They look like they are best friends when they are still kids though xD
Jul 30, 2015 3:46 PM
Jun 2010
best anime of it's season.
Aug 19, 2015 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
I'm surprised the show has such a low score. I've seen much worst and its score is usually in the 7 area. I'm thinking a lot of people gave it such a low score because they were expecting kill la kill, naruto, or some other action anime.

Beautiful art, sense of adventure, good feels, and just an overall fun time. Just another reason I can't trust a show's rating on this site.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2015 10:38 AM

Oct 2009
timbob90210 said:
I'm surprised the show has such a low score. I've seen much worst and its score is usually in the 7 area. I'm thinking a lot of people gave it such a low score because they were expecting kill la kill, naruto, or some other action anime.

Indeed it is, it's a shame really that some people cannot enjoy the fun this show has to offer. This type of format is actually quite the norm in Japanese comedy drama movies. This show even reminds me of Shimotsuma Story (Kamikaze Girls). The story made little sense just like many other comedy genre out there, while the whole theme about adventure and friendships is quite touching.

Also it is quite nice that the girls becomes the real heroes not because they had super powers and beating up each others, this show is quite rare given how many 'beat them up and be friends' anime out there.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.