Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2015 11:20 PM

Aug 2008
_Legna_ said:
linchpin said:
Bernard said:

Anything in this world can be used to make the world a better place. Be it politics, war, or witches. Potentially even...?

Even what? What did he mean? Ideas?

God

I think he meant that

That's exactly what I thought too. I'm not a religious person, so that naturally came to mind.

Now, I wonder what will Michael say.
Mar 22, 2015 11:33 PM

Mar 2013
That was so cheesy and corny, but... in a good way? It felt like I was watching a Disney movie at the end there. I hope I was right in the assumption that her magic was regained because of self love rather than Joseph's love, though--romantic love being the only answer is just too cheesily overused.

Also I really love Lolotte, now I finally learnt what her name was. I'm surprised she can lift Galfa in full armour with one arm too, lmfao. She really just plain does not give a fuck, laughing as she pillages in the middle of battles.
Mar 23, 2015 12:35 AM
Jan 2014
That was cute as heck but I can't help but wait for the other shoe to drop. With such a extravagant use of magic and Michael being such a stickler for the rules, I'm going to say that she's still going to get punished.
Mar 23, 2015 12:48 AM

Jun 2013
Holy shit Lolotte is buff as fuck. She picked up Galfa with one arm while he was in full armor
Mar 23, 2015 2:43 AM

Apr 2012
I've already seen a lot of anime but that moment when Maria said she got a boyfriend now damn I got heartbroken. I really want a cooler leading man for her because she's a little innocent and semi tsundere at the same time...
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Mar 23, 2015 4:15 AM

Oct 2011
I was hoping Joseph to kick Garfa's ass.... but I liked how the fight came out, with Maria's help and all.... (better than give to Joseph inexplicable fight abilities XD )

I still don't understand why Maria lose her power in the first place (and now, why she get it back ^^' ... maybe was just psychological)
anyway... was so cute when she said to Michael that "she have a boyfriend now"...
she is so happy... (it's like she just wanted so say at loud... so cute ^^ )

I hope Michael don't want to punish her because that last (extreme) use of magic ^^'
curious to see how will finish...
Mar 23, 2015 4:21 AM

Sep 2014
Galfa got his virginity punched out of him.

I still don't understand Cernunnos' role in all of this. He's supposed to be a powerful forest god.

Maria's really pouring it out on Joseph, Joseph you thick head.

I'm expecting a holy demonic pedo-induced foursome up in the clouds next week, they better deliver.
Mar 23, 2015 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode. The face off between Joseph and Galfa was great. I'm glad Maria got to the church in time before Joseph got himself killed. It concluded pretty nicely though. As for Galfa, I still think that he should have gotten the Anakin Skywalker treatment and lost his other 3 limbs though. He deserves it for being such a scumbag.

Really glad to see Maria's and Joseph's feelings for each other finally come to fruition. Wonder how archbitch Michael feels about that. Maria regaining her powers as a result was somewhat unexpected

Really enjoyed this episode. Particularly the second half (even as cheesy as some of it was). Now to power through another week until the last episode is out.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Mar 23, 2015 5:28 AM

Feb 2013
i laughed when the cast acknowledged how pitiful and annoying joseph has been the whole show. there are obviously guys like that in real life but they make the worst characters to watch on screen. i've hated him since the moment he opened his mouth and he's never finished a sentence.

maria deserves better. then again, i guess that's part of his "purity"

weird episode. i don't think i liked it that much but i'm glad maria is okay
Mar 23, 2015 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
That 'proposal' came out of nowhere...

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 23, 2015 7:43 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Thank you Maria, Joseph was fkin annoying.
Mar 23, 2015 11:11 AM
Mar 2009
She surely is energetic at the thought of getting laid,
I guess love really does heal all wounds as she was totally regenerated and refilled with vitality!

Even looking forwards to seeing Archangel Michael... going to return from witch-craft, settle down, have a child, call her Nebraska, Nebraska Jones....
Mar 23, 2015 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
Happy to see that she got her powers back! I still don't know how I feel about her being with Joseph, coz I don't want her to lose her powers...
I wonder what Michael wants...
Mar 23, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
The episode was great, but the animation was bad.
I really liked the proposal scene. It was funny and also heart-warming. And Maria boasting around was really kawaii

Mar 23, 2015 12:33 PM
Jun 2014
Interesting to see that her powers rely on self confidence. Judging by Ezekiel's face Michael will try and kill her next episode, or something of sort, but I'm guessing due to her limitless power at the moment will fail and go for Joseph.

Other witches are so useless, all they do is just hang around, collect whatever they collect to make money(souls?) and awe at Maria's magic.
Mar 23, 2015 9:00 PM

Jan 2011
"do you think love can bloom on a battlefield?"
Mar 23, 2015 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
lol the owls put it best when they called Joseph annoying. Man, don't we all need a girl like Maria to slap us whenever we're being difficult like Joseph..

I thought she was summoned by God at the end there. I suppose she lost her magic due to combination of shock and Edwina's medicine.

It's a shame that Edwina only appeared at the end of this anime, I really like her.
Mar 24, 2015 4:21 PM

Mar 2009
At least Galfa got his ass kicked.
Mar 24, 2015 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
Joseph breaks down once as he realizes the culmination of his ideals contract with his lifestyle.
JnM fans: "Oh my god. Joseph is so annoying, what's he doing."

Maria breaks down twice. Once when the succubus puts some sense into her before she was publicly flogged and thought to be hated by the family she took care of, and another time when she was told not interfere in the "final" battle between france and england.

JnM fans: "It's nice to see she has a human side, feeling doubt and insecurities."

Hypocrites.
Mar 26, 2015 7:10 AM

Jul 2010
I absolutely loved the "Was he always this annoying?" line about Joseph! The side comments by Artemis and Priapus in this episode were fantastic!

Nice to see Joseph man up and confess!
Ikano said:
I hope in the next ep they fully explain why Maria lost her power in the first place without "losing her purity" and it suddenly came back in that confession/marriage proposal moment.. cuz that's the only thing I care about that still leaving me going WTH...

The most common take on it that I have seen is that she had lost the use of her magic because of a loss of self-confidence, not loss of purity. Joseph's affirmation of her self worth restored her to her normal self. I have even seen it suggested that even Micheal's virginity restriction may be out the window with her new power level... I suppose we'll see next week...
Mar 27, 2015 11:38 PM

Jun 2014
That went from intense to cute to intense again. cause I dont think things re going to go so smoothly with the archangel

and the next episode title is a bit ominous...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 28, 2015 12:56 AM
Jan 2015
I wonder why Lolette is really strong?
Glad that Maria now have a kareshi!
Mar 28, 2015 5:01 PM

Mar 2010
cute ep. i wonder what'll the archangel will do~
Mar 28, 2015 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
lol at that women just casually carrying him off XD

That shipping had me smiling :)

wtf at the end!
Mar 28, 2015 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!

Definitely a fulfilling scene!

I'm glad Joseph beat the shit out of Galfa even with the help from Maria.

He really beat the shit out of him.

Though he became a wuss once things have calm down. Instead of blabbering this BS about what i could have done, he should concentrate on what she can do to Maria right now.

WTF Lolotte appearing out of nowhere and carrying Galfa like that.

That was kinda awkward tbh XD

I'm glad Maria finally told what her true feelings, same with Joseph. I thought i had to beat the shit out of Joseph just to realize what he's supposed to do.

I love how Priapos and Artemis just stands there and surprised how Joseph can be a depressing person at times.

As for her powers disappearing. It's probably that medicine Edwina made and how Galfa used that lamp to spread the incense.

Now i have to wonder how Michael will react in all of this :O

Last episode! I really hope there's a 2nd season. but since the manga already ended unlikely unfortunately :(
Mar 29, 2015 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
I liked how Maria bluntly said that she loves Joseph. Too bad that most of this show is a filler (Galfa, Lolotte, Yvain, Bernard, Gilbert and Cernunnos don't exist in the manga), but maybe that's the best they could do.
Mar 29, 2015 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, so much emotion.
5/5
Apr 7, 2015 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
I expected more from this episode, instead I found a narrative too riddled with doing good and things that seemed out of place; a shame that it ended well. Pleasant soundtrack, as usual, but drawings with high and low in quality.
The frescoes in the nave of the church, I remember something very famous. I hope the final is not insubstantial.
Apr 7, 2015 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah ! I'm glad to see Maria with Joseph :). Maria has retrieved her powers. Now, it's time to speak with Michael.
Apr 8, 2015 6:57 AM

Jul 2008
First half was a little boring with Joseph getting beat up over and over but the second half was good :) Maria summoning so many creatures was hilarious :P
Apr 8, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
DDY late.
Although Joseph was beaten into a pulp by Galfa...it was a great fight defending/protecting Maria.
That was a cool rage that Joseph scene "You sicked me!".
The RAGE of Joseph punching Galfa on the ground was very satisfying to see! Look at that destroyed face of Galfa! very fitting for him nyahaha!
Lolotte was pretty strong for a normal woman to carry-up a beaten guy while singing!
Maria didn't even realized her Proposal to Joseph...ahihi
What courage Joseph to directly tell Maria that you love her and want to marry her! we salute you!
After that Maria's power came back...and looks like it was a power magnitude that we've never seen before!
That animation wherein Maria summoned many monsters looks cheap...maybe they didn't have enough time and manpower to animate it more seriously...
Poor Galfa can't accept his loss. Serves him right!
I wonder what Michael-sama would do and what's Maria's plan of introducing Joseph as his "Kareshi"
One more episode to go!

Apr 9, 2015 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
Wow that girl sure is strong ... picking up Galfa and being able to walk out carrying him over her shoulder no problem O_O
In the end Joseph wins, then he and Maria start "fighting" ... AND IT SOMEHOW ENDS IN A PROPOSAL. WTF?! That was fast ... plus that suddenly allowed Maria to get her magic back again. That huge plant/forest growth lol O_O So was it really just gone because she stopped believing in herself? That's like ... the most cliched thing ever ... BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP and all that D:
End part was pretty funny with what she said to Michael XD I guess we'll see how this ends!
Apr 11, 2015 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
Joseph didn't waste any time once he figured it out. I think it's safe to assume Maria said "yes".
Apr 26, 2015 5:21 PM

Jun 2008
Seeing Maria all happily introducing her boyfriend to Michael is just so...well i don't how to describe it.
But Michael until now has been very robotic. So what exactly is she expecting? Michael could very well execute her on the spot. I hardly expect a being like it to care about her boyfriend-happiness status.

So does she think he will let her go since she will stop being a witch by letting the boyfriend get some action or is her renew self belief giving her confidence that she can beat even Michael?

_Legna_ said:
linchpin said:
Bernard said:

Anything in this world can be used to make the world a better place. Be it politics, war, or witches. Potentially even...?

Even what? What did he mean? Ideas?

God

I think he meant that

And, we have a winner. He obviously meant God.

lucidbrandon said:
Holy shit Lolotte is buff as fuck. She picked up Galfa with one arm while he was in full armor

Joseph should be grateful she wasn't the one fighting him, lol.

Takuan_Soho said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
Am i the only who would love to see the priest getting trialed and burned by the same church that so '' calls condems witches action'' but still uses their medicines and tool and knows they actually provide good service

Yes mainly you because most people don't get upset about things that never happened.

The "Church" never burnt witches. In Spain there are only 6 documented cases of witch execution, and no more than 50 overall, and most of these witches were burned by local secular officials, not the Church. Considering that is where the Inquisition was the strongest, that should say something. Indeed the two documented "witch crazes" in Spain were both stopped almost immediately by the Jesuits (The Grand Inquisitor made it illegal to talk about witches because, as he wrote, once people stopped talking about them the "witches" disappeared).

Witches that were burnt were never accused of "healing", what most witches were accused of were poisoning animals, wells, or raising storms. In short in order to be proven a witch it had to be demonstrated that the witch "harmed" someone.

So calm down, watch the show for what it is: fiction.

Seeing the last bold part i laughed my ass off. How about taking your own advice since the guy really only commented on the world of the anime while you are the one getting butt-hurt about the real world.
Talking about the pot calling the kettle black.
MonadApr 27, 2015 12:00 AM
May 7, 2015 8:35 AM

May 2012
How cute :3 that ending <3 really like this development and with her magic back I do wonder what the last episode will offer us!
May 28, 2015 10:41 AM

Oct 2009
Oh god Joseph's stupidity annoyed me so much this time ><!

Also Lolette seems to be the most interesting character tbh XD
May 30, 2015 6:58 AM

Apr 2011
nice episode. Maria got so happy that she got a boyfriend.
Jul 8, 2015 9:40 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
EvianBubble said:
Wow that girl sure is strong ... picking up Galfa and being able to walk out carrying him over her shoulder no problem O_O

I thought the same thing. Lolotte 2 strong.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Sep 9, 2016 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
Nice seeing Galfa getting his obnoxious ass kicked.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 14, 2017 9:38 AM

Dec 2015
Some major BS took place in this episode. Unbelievable.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 25, 2017 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
Nice episode.

Joseph beat the shit out of Galfa..

Lolette..she carried Galfa on one shoulder lol

The proposal scene was nice :3 It finally happened!

That ending.. lol xD
Feb 12, 2020 12:59 PM

Nov 2016
Oh man, seeing Maria with her boyfriend Joseph and the happiness she radiated was so nice.

This was quite an exciting and well done episode again. Loved the happy ending vibes.

And Joseph vs Galfa was pretty lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 28, 2022 9:09 AM

Mar 2013
The confessions of their love is so sweet! O.o
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM

Apr 2015
Such a stupid episode, did Joseph really "win"? Artemis, Priapos and Maria all helped this incompetent idiot
I really hated Maria saving him, he doesn't deserve her in the slightest, he left her to die not once but twice
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

194 by gswelcome »»
Sep 6, 3:50 PM

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

114 by KhoaVN »»
Jun 10, 2022 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.