Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Apr 26, 2015 5:02 PM

Oct 2011
This movie was beautiful. But that ending man... I cannot accept it. Its just too sad and unfair. :(
May 18, 2015 11:25 PM

Jun 2013
bullshit
May 22, 2015 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
Its beautful and all but couldn't help to think that the ending was kinda meh,

not sure what to comment, it's like watching a TV series squeezed into a movie length. Not too happy about that ending myself.
May 28, 2015 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
That was good, but short T^T

The song in the last part made me sadder T^T

8/10

May 30, 2015 2:28 AM

Jan 2008
That sweet little stolen kiss near the end. <3
Jun 3, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
Damn ... that was beautiful.
Even though it's such a short movie, it had me laughing throughout and teary eyed at the end.

9/10
Jul 16, 2015 8:54 PM
Jul 2015
Ahhh, what can I say about it? Perfect. You know that their love is hopeless but you just cannot stop hoping. That's my feeling. I think the ending fits the story perfectly, which makes me cries like a bitch!!!!!!
Aug 9, 2015 2:15 PM

Oct 2013
This anime is so beautiful, so beautiful that it hurts, i'm still crying while typing this.
Screw you people who says Gin is a pedophile, you just don't understand what it's like to spend your precious time with someone special and gradually fall in love with her.

Overall score 9/10, would give it 10/10 if Hotaru kissed Gin in the end
Aug 10, 2015 3:00 PM
Mar 2010
that kid is such a ****king troll. I can imagine the "You mad meme" all over him lol...

*Cough* um sorry was just mad/sad that

wow what a waste of tree branches o.o man this was sad :(....
Aug 12, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2015
It was good for the most part but the ending felt awkward. I didn't like how he helped a human kid to make the story end. She got to hug him but it didn't feel like it was genuine. She wanted to touch Gin but at that point, she had no other choice since Gin was disappearing.
Aug 27, 2015 7:30 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't know it had a sad ending when I started watching it. The serene feeling overall and the premise should have tipped me off. Or it did because i kept waiting for something to happen.

The fact that it happened by accident makes it sadder. Neither of them was ready.
Oct 19, 2015 1:48 PM
Jul 2011
I find hard to understand how so much people love such a bland Movie on this points:

.1 - I'd like to undertand how a Movie with only 45 mins manages to have boring//stopped parts//scenes.
.2 - I can understand some reviews giving some '7's in animation, for the movie lacks any kind of movement animation, theres only still shots, for what it is the animation is decent, but it cant get much far if it doesn't have so many elements of animation. Even tho many people give high scores in animation.... they probably never seen any anime in their lifes before, only explanation.
.3 - The really good element was sound and music.
.4 - As for the story, it has so litle to it, there's no background characters besides the uncle and we dont even get to know him. Theres nothing happening besides the main characters moving, where are the rich backgrounds where the magic in anime? Gone.
.5 - Resuming, the Autor was too focused on the main characters, the movie is poor in content, and misses the biggest element of any anime//movie//serie, that is, grab the viewer right at the start, beginng with a strong scene or anything that gets us thinking and guessing what the hell happened and/or why.

It is the first time in hundreds of anime that I watched that i find this phenomenon, people saying an OK anime is a masterpiece...... So much disapointment in this:
Score: 8.66 (scored by 70,308 users)
Ranked: #48
....LOL how can this have better score than "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo"???? People on drugs.

If you cannot find the flaws in this anime, you haven't seen enough anime.
Itachi_LlianenOct 19, 2015 2:13 PM
Oct 23, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2015
jimmy2027 said:

4. Why couldn't Gin simply just wear glove so that he could touch Hotaru whenever he wanted to? I mean, the girl was allowed to touch the mask, so anything that is not part of Gin's body is touchable, right? It seems like the solution was so simple, yet Gin never thought of?

6. The ending seems to be very hastily set up. Gin could have sense the child to be a human in the first place. And he disappeared just because he grabbed this random kid's arm? I was expecting something more tragic than this...
I was also surprised that the show ended just like that. Could have been something even more...something is missing here isn't it? Does not feel like it should just end here.

true! he could have worn a coat for hugging, and gloves for touching...-_-'
---
well the movie was not BAD...but i wouldn't praise it like how most are.

the one thing i liked about it was that it didn't turn out to be hotaru that killed him. that was good.

i don't know...i'm still debating over whether he had to touch the kid at all. he just said humans could easily blend in, right? why take any chances?

the movie was very beautiful - in an art sense. it's extremely easy for the eyes and even more so to understand and follow the story. i mean yeah, it's a 47 minute story movie...

i was thinking about how sad the ending was, but then i realized that it was literally the OST that did it for me. the song is incredibly sad by itself. how he died was...ok. but he went away too fast!

the one thing i can feel sad for him is that i thought those floaty things he was. i thought he was in those things, but...he wasn't. he was really gone...:(

it's a really great movie to look at with friends/family, (so you can test out who's the cruel one or softie :D) so i really can't badger it. it's just a personal preference for me. so i guess i'll give it a 9/10. the OST is great, though!
Oct 24, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
It was so sad, I had hopes that in the end some miracle would happen and Hotaru would be able to be with Gin and he would not disappear... 7/10
Nov 22, 2015 6:51 AM

Feb 2015
#PrayForGin
Nov 23, 2015 1:13 AM

Jun 2014
This failed to leave an impact on me and the story was pretty shit, it was too short for me to care about the characters and it had a retarded ending

Overrated

2/10
:3
Dec 2, 2015 11:26 PM

May 2012
that was kinda bittersweet, though it felt like the whole thing lacked ambition and not much happened... though i guess it wasnt bad
Dec 12, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2015
I like this movie, but while I was reading the comments, I feel like I'm an insensitive girl. :(
I like the story between Hotaru and Gin. It's cute, emotional, a little bit sad that they can't touch each other until the last moment.., but I don't feel it so strong as other people do. :/
A point in favor is that animation is good and music is exactly how it has to sound to make people feel the sadness a little bit more.
In my opinion, Hotarubi no Mori e it's a good film that you should see if you want to have fun for a while.

Dec 19, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2012
alpha_shadow said:
This failed to leave an impact on me and the story was pretty shit, it was too short for me to care about the characters and it had a retarded ending

Overrated

2/10

Exactly. Shit movie but it's overall as average as it can get. 5/10.
Dec 24, 2015 10:42 PM

Aug 2015
Damn wish it was a bit longer.

Iv been searching for a decent anime movie that I really enjoy. I prefer newer looking art, and most decent ones are rather old. I gave up on watching movies for the longest time until I saw this and throught I'd give it a go.

Really really enjoyed it. It was short and sweet, was emotional and sad. Altough the bond between them didn't have much time to develop, the smile he had when she goes in for the hug hits pretty hard. Loved it, too bad we didn't get to see more build up to their relationship but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

9/10
Jan 5, 2016 3:00 PM

May 2015
I swear, that was absolutely beautiful. It was short, but damn powerful. That part when Gin's slowly disappearing and beckons Hotaru to hug him packed me a punch. I freaking loved it.. 10/10.

Feb 20, 2016 3:58 AM

Jan 2015
If the movie was longer I could have cried...
Mar 2, 2016 3:30 PM

Jan 2012
k11chi said:
alpha_shadow said:

Overrated

2/10

Exactly. Shit movie but it's overall as average as it can get. 5/10.

thought ii was the only one , the movie is really overrated
i nearly fell asleep
what a good little boy , nice that you touched him . good bye ghost .

Mar 14, 2016 5:48 PM

Aug 2009
It was just Natsume Yuujinchou without established or particularly memorable characters. The first episode of Natsume Yuujinchou San with the teacup youkai blows this out of the water tbh. Less is more.
Mar 29, 2016 7:25 PM

Jun 2014
damn. The instant he grabbed the boy to stop him from falling, i thought "this is gonna be a cheesy shit ending." But then it actually worked out for a perfect emotional ending. Neither Horaru nor Gin were shocked or sad, but both were really happy to finally hug eachother. And then the happiness instantly turns into crying when he disappears.
Apr 2, 2016 7:35 AM

Mar 2016
it was short but........... i cried.....wtf
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Apr 11, 2016 12:28 AM
Apr 2016
Faylinn said:
Giiiiiiin, omg... I somehow had a feeling that he was going to disappear when he helped the kid ><

the story is so simple and beautiful, yet it breaks your heart T_T

Indeed I am so mad at that kid if he didn't fall Gin wouldn't have disappered SO every body let's go get vengeance on that kid
Apr 18, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2016
Warm music at the end.

Heart wrenching.

Nice, short and sweet.

(Making it longer would have been pointless. )
Apr 21, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 2015

this was so beautiful
May 1, 2016 12:51 AM

Mar 2016
my face is so wet

I wasn't ready for that ending
May 5, 2016 6:54 PM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed the sweet-bitterness of it all.

I knew he wasn't going to live long. I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes it more touching that way. Also, he's a trapped soul that's wandering in the forest.
臭い-
May 11, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2014
Despite being waaaay to short, it was still a nice story with likeable characters, so 8/10.
Jun 1, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2016
Man.. i don't know where to begin..

The story.. sigh, just wow. I will first begin with saying its really Beautiful. It was painful on how it turned out too, didn't cry but it something i did got feelings at.
Even tho for being a 30-40 min long ish movie, its sweet. It dose have some fun part in the beginning when she's a child. "uncle hits head.."man, everyone has something against her head lol..
But the story was fantastic and just wonderful for being a short movie.
Animation is really gorgeous, quite detailed and all, landscape is also gorgeous and really strong colors.
The characters! I loved Hotaru and Gin, their natural chemistry was just adorable.

Even tho for being a short movie, i enjoyed very much. unsuspected.. didn't think that would happend until i realised what he did.. Overall i loved it n rate it a 9,4/10 and Would diffidently re-watch this a couple of times!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 2, 2016 9:40 PM

Jun 2008
Such a cute story.

Very sad moment twoards the end but that was inevitable to happen from the start. Animation was clean and nice to look at. Loved it!

By: Gasara @ DeviantArt.com <3
Jun 9, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2011
Why was the girl crying after she said something like she's not going to touch Gin?
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jul 14, 2016 9:58 PM

Feb 2014
Hotaru is, like, the cutest loli ever.

7/10
Jul 15, 2016 6:03 AM

Jun 2011
I HATE HOW HOTARU CRIED WITH HER HANDS OVER HER FACE WHEN SHE TOLD GIN NOT TO TOUCH HER! I HATED HOW SHE FIST UP HER HANDS! FUCK THIS ANIME!
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jul 30, 2016 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
Beautiful indeed. Wish they could live together, forever.
Damn, why they have to end shows like this, damn feels.
Aug 1, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
Sneaky Kakashi tryna do movies with his Anbu mask
Aug 4, 2016 4:45 AM

Mar 2010
T_T so touching and beautiful

9/10
Aug 7, 2016 10:19 AM
Aug 2016
I'm not going to say it wasn't long enough ... I'm just mad at the part where that boy who happened to run by I ended up crying ....like why at that moment! a lot could've happened if it weren't for that kid :( .... Anyways I love this movie <3
Aug 29, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 2015
This anime movie was very simple and sensitive.

Gin who desperately wanted to touch Hotaru accidentally touches a human while he has always been careful about it was very concerning but he died hugging what he loved.

How it would have been for Hotaru who waited all seasons for the summers to come so that she could meet Gin. All her childhood to teenage she spent with him every summer and waited for summer again to come. She thought about him all the time and same what Gin did. But she saw and felt him dying in her arms.

This story is very well written as ending was executed in such a way that audience could feel the desperateness of the couple and get the intense of the feel.

Overall I give 8/10 to this anime.
Ali_QAug 29, 2016 11:56 AM
Aug 30, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2016
It was a great movie....I almost started crying in the end...poor Gin...at least he got the hug he always wished for
8/10
Sep 17, 2016 9:20 PM

Mar 2014
The movie was great and all, but there's one lingering question that I have... does anyone know why Hotaru was getting the feeling that this summer was going to be the last one with Gin based on his actions? Cause Gin seemed iffy about her wanting to see him everyday by moving into the area and gave her his mask and she felt that he wasn't gonna see her next summer, so I was thinking maybe he had an intution that he was going to disappear soon, or was it something else he was feeling?
Oct 2, 2016 9:56 AM
Sep 2016
Really good anime. I advise everyone to see. It is a pity that it ended sadly.
Oct 7, 2016 5:47 PM
Dec 2014
It was so predictable and yet I cried my eyes out like a baby at the end...

Man, why do I put myself through sad love stories like this.
Nov 2, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2014
Gin </3

:<

Since he was already a spirit, did he move on? My sibling told me he ceased to exist. I can't handle that.
Nov 5, 2016 1:30 AM
Feb 2015
I really like the tone of this movie, relaxing and pure, kinda like Natsume and Mushishi... and similar with the two, it made me savor every second of it. One thing I didn't like though is the abrupt ending which didn't give me enough time to react. Instead of being sad, it made me feel empty. Like, seriously, Gin suddenly disappeared. BAM. What?!?! I really wish it was longer.

@Uzumaki_Pride

Probably, because of this.

Gin: "On the outside, it's not very different from a human festival. It's supposed to mimic human festivals, after all. And I'll protect you, Hotaru."

Hotaru: "When you say things like that, it makes me want to glomp you."

Gin: "Do it. Seriously"

It's possible that Hotaru felt Gin's desire to touch her (hug, caress, kiss -- name it) getting stronger and when Gin gave her his mask and kissed it, it became more apparent. Even if that accident didn't happen, I think he will still touch her before that night ends.
raik0nNov 5, 2016 1:34 AM
Nov 11, 2016 9:40 PM

Aug 2011
Glad I came back to watch this one even though it is depressing. FeelsBadMan.jpg I'm going to watch something to cheer me up.
Nov 26, 2016 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
Very good movie for 45 minutes. Had a lot of content for a short movie. 8/10
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Your thoughts?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 10, 2021

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:01 AM

» Why does the girl doesn’t look that upset?

Sincere_T_ - Jun 12, 2020

9 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 3:00 AM

» How did you feel at the end of the anime ? ( 1 2 3 )

Galaxy__ - Mar 3, 2016

122 by Dawizz »»
Jan 4, 2:58 AM

» Any Anime which ends in 1 eps and in 45 mins (like thus one)

WVM - Nov 29, 2022

19 by yvonness »»
Nov 18, 2023 3:07 AM

» Any rumored/known reason why it hasn't been licensed in North America?

Lolicon - May 8, 2022

0 by Lolicon »»
May 8, 2022 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.