Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 25, 2015 7:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
thunderoad you lil shit.
Jan 25, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2014
i don't get the point of this show, having second thoughts on watching this show, i skipped multiple parts of this episode...
Jan 25, 2015 8:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
MaxXZoe said:
i don't get the point of this show, having second thoughts on watching this show, i skipped multiple parts of this episode...

of course if you skip parts you will not get it.
duh
Jan 25, 2015 8:45 AM

Oct 2007
ABeautifulTable said:
MaxXZoe said:

of course if you skip parts you will not get it.
duh
It is not like you will get the point even if you don't skip any. They spent 2 whole episodes on some pointless random fighting with so little to no significant and then in this episode we got 4 girls randomly got together based on random background story doing random thing for the whole episode. How can this show be this random? No they did not stop there they even added one more random to do another random plot. I mean who care about power and peace, I just want my rickshaw with red hair McDonald guy with it. When you really think about it, that rickshaw can cost equal to one heart stone. WHAT IS THIS? THIS IS MINDBLOWING! this show blow my mind into piece without even try, what a show, Best Anime Of the Year.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 25, 2015 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
rsc-pl said:
Hikarusuke said:
Not good as previous episodes.

First 2 episodes were a garbage.

Yeah I guess. Im trying to get into this anime but its been pretty hard.
Jan 25, 2015 10:47 AM
Mar 2014
tingy said:
diegofiuzab said:
The art is great but this show makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah seriously wtf is going lol. Well figures, the script writer is apparently new as I don't see any other works under the person's name on MAL. Not sure whether to blame the producers or the script writer more or just both. Idk, maybe this will make more sense later on...maybe...

he's not new but he mostly has done screenplays for hentai and otherwise bad anime
Jan 25, 2015 11:27 AM
Jan 2010
that armor loli is a stupid bitch
wtf this bitch steals their stone and then goes and sells it just like that for a statue? worse than fucking dynamite bombers
StardustReverieJan 25, 2015 11:32 AM
Jan 25, 2015 1:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
vodall said:
tingy said:

Yeah seriously wtf is going lol. Well figures, the script writer is apparently new as I don't see any other works under the person's name on MAL. Not sure whether to blame the producers or the script writer more or just both. Idk, maybe this will make more sense later on...maybe...

he's not new but he mostly has done screenplays for hentai and otherwise bad anime

Oh haha thanks for the info :) Guess MAL needs to be updated. I usually do like to check on animenewsnetwork for staff info because it's more complete...surprised that as someone who has done some screenplay and series composition is not listed in those anime on this site yet. Although I haven't really watched anything with him in the staff, it doesn't seen like a very impressive resume.
Jan 25, 2015 1:30 PM
Oct 2012
ABeautifulTable said:
thunderoad you lil shit.

You have to cut her some slack, she is after all from a country of people who were descended from people who went to comiket (hence the name of the country). Of course she would trade anything for a super-duper "rare good" from a series she loved. It's literally in her DNA. She would be unpatriotic to do otherwise.

Gross fact from the series. Comiket has grown so large, that the heat and the sweat from all of the people attending changes the weather around the convention center.
Jan 25, 2015 6:48 PM
Apr 2013
Still think the country's story's too fast... I can't really keep up with it. I know Japan was divided into four districts...? Then there's no government, but just people that battle evil and battle each other for their districts? I really don't know.

Aerensianic said:
Teaser for some of the big picture stuff going on behind the scenes with the blonde mother collecting them, isn't she the one who was working with maccha green? Maybe her ultimate goal is to unite everyone back into a single country and bring stability. I really hope Masami isn't out for good like they said.

katsu044 said:
but i noticed everyone calls these stones by different names.

Basically, these.
Also, Chiaya can understand birds... Maybe more animals too. Another strange fact, she calls her heart stone "Core". Maybe that stone's something more than the others? Also apparently her mother doesn't know where she is right now...
Maybe those stones are gifts from some being to those destinated to become Bests?

Not even gonna start to talk about Thunderoad. That's not what a Best should do. She literally exchanged all her Rests for that statue thing. Egoism at it's finest.
Jan 25, 2015 6:49 PM

Aug 2014
Wow that pissed me off. Not only she lost it by her own mistake, she put the blame on some innocent people despite of what they had to say and STOLE theirs and went as far as selling it. What a bitch. She's not worthy of being a leader at all.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 26, 2015 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
Favaro was smitten by this girl.

OMG She is selling something that's not hers > ; 0
Jan 26, 2015 2:32 AM

Sep 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Favaro was smitten by this girl.

Haha, same thought. :D
Jan 26, 2015 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
MaxXZoe said:

I don't get why everyone's so flustered by the fact this anime lacks a deep plot. What's wrong with an anime with no point besides entertainment? My point? Not all anime's need a deep story to be good.
Jan 26, 2015 8:06 AM

Feb 2012
dialgatrack said:
MaxXZoe said:

I don't get why everyone's so flustered by the fact this anime lacks a deep plot. What's wrong with an anime with no point besides entertainment? My point? Not all anime's need a deep story to be good.

Not speaking for anyone else, but to me, Rage of Bahamut is a fun show (First half. Second half, not so much). Kill la Kill is hilarious. Rolling Girls hasn't made me laugh once and there's been no hint of a plot after three episodes, causing me to see it as nothing more than visual noise. With nothing to think about and nothing to laugh at, how am I supposed to be entertained? The visuals? That can't carry me for twelve episodes, especially since they took a hit this week.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jan 26, 2015 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
dialgatrack said:
MaxXZoe said:

A funny thing is that a lot of anime don't have a deep plot but pretend to have one and thus are enjoyed but one that is a parody of itself is somehow not so enjoyable. But I already said it after the first episode: This anime's humor is really hit or miss for people. Most people will either love it or hate it, as one can see in these threads.
Jan 26, 2015 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
that red afro guy thingy is not worth :(
Jan 26, 2015 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
Seems Tokyo turned into a strange place in there world.

Well the girls will have some problem to overcome it seems, including Capital punishment.
My guess is that it's not as bad as it sounds.
Jan 26, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2013
Flawfinder said:
dialgatrack said:

Not speaking for anyone else, but to me, Rage of Bahamut is a fun show (First half. Second half, not so much). Kill la Kill is hilarious. Rolling Girls hasn't made me laugh once and there's been no hint of a plot after three episodes, causing me to see it as nothing more than visual noise. With nothing to think about and nothing to laugh at, how am I supposed to be entertained? The visuals? That can't carry me for twelve episodes, especially since they took a hit this week.

Wha, a good chunk of this episode was setting up the plot and the bigger picture.
Jan 26, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
^Indeed.

The decision to go looking for the stones was sudden, but this episode had a lot of setup present. Showing us that Chiaya's mom is collecting the stones, and is so bent on having them that she's willing to bankrupt her company to buy them up, is a hint toward the bigger picture. She apparently has ideas of solidifying conflicts, with Maccha Green either being an early stopgap or a method to bring in more funds.

As contemptible as Thunderoad is, I am glad that the stones will eventually be going to Chiaya's mom.

It's interesting that they come in multiple sizes. Also, if one wears multiple stones, is the power provided multiplied? I can't help but wonder. I do hope the protags all get stones of their own, not so much because I want this mainly to be about fighting, but because I don't want them being helpless all the time, like they were in this episode.

It was a step in the right direction.
Jan 26, 2015 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
That bitch.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 26, 2015 5:45 PM
Mar 2014
millefeui said:
kirino01-chan said:
Well, guess I need more maccha green/masami for this episode...
She is the best character. This show needs more of her.

Rolling Girls AKA “what do you mean Maccha Green isn’t actually the main character”
Jan 26, 2015 6:42 PM

Aug 2014
I don't think a lot of people realize the first two episodes were more like a prologue. It introduced you to the world some characters and showed some flashy fighting, good music, and comedy.

You should treat this Episode as Ep1, as this is when the story is starting to take shape.

We have our cast of heroines set, a clear plot device in motion in collecting stones (don't worry, the girls haven't figured out why or that they need to collect them yet either) as well as the hints of it's potential antagonist with an unclear motive and decent foreshadowing. I'm interested.

I find it strange that half the people complain when things are rushed, but then the other half have no patience when it comes to story telling.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 26, 2015 11:19 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode, the pacing slowing down was kinda necessary, a lot of set ups, glad we were able to learn more about the Moon Stones.

So they're gonna travel Japan searching for the stones huh? I like that premise, but the wackiness of this anime, ranging from the animaton to the plot and execution, is what truly makes it shine.

4/5, Still saving anime, i see.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 27, 2015 11:39 AM
Jun 2013
I'm pretty disappointed by these past couple of episodes, considering how good the first one was... the animation did a nosedive and the show just doesn't have that lively atmosphere anymore.
I mean, I'll still keep watching, but I kind of regret getting my hopes up.
Jan 28, 2015 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
I thought I'll see more of Ma-chan but since she's in the hospital I get it. It was kind of slow but I'm not sure I should drop it yet.
Jan 28, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
Knight girl, why would you do that? What would Rick and Shaw say if they knew?

The watercolor backgrounds were so gorgeous.

I loved the roombas that were everywhere.

Unconnected observation: Chiaya has the "cute little fang" thing going which seems kind of unusual for her quiet character type. Based on the other animes I've seen, Ai Hibiki—who is loud, mischievous, and impulsive—seems like the one who'd have a fang like that. Just found that mildly interesting.
Jan 28, 2015 9:15 AM

May 2010
Yukina is really incredible, her sense of direction is even worse than mine.

I kinda don't like this loli's VA, it doesn't suit her.
Jan 28, 2015 9:49 AM

Jan 2011
wow tokyo became a cosplay heaven :)

those stones may be related to birds?
Jan 29, 2015 5:38 AM

Jul 2012
Oh man what an all over the place episode. The world is making a little more sense, can see a plot coming into play. Art is beautiful yet really inconsistent imo. I'm really digging Thunderoad. I hope she doesn't give up her stone.. she'll be way weaker then right?

Man this show is confusing..
Jan 29, 2015 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Closed parenthesis that served as prologue, begins the story, but they are still unsure of what to talk about, because you is not seen nothing or almost.
Sympathetic narration but not so much to reward them.
Cute characters, including the toll collector.
Jan 29, 2015 9:25 PM

Sep 2012
Tokyo looks pretty sick.
Go figure that Chiaya was that lady's daughter
Thunderetard or w/e her name is, is a hypocritical cunt that needs to get her life beaten out of her until she is a vegetable.
That crow looks pretty badass though.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Feb 2, 2015 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
God her voice is annoying
Feb 2, 2015 6:15 PM

Aug 2013
That filthy bitch liar! She got no honor! »:(
>Girls helplessly claiming their innocence
>Learn that they are innocent
>Still manage to backstab them

Also, I love that rainbow puke.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 4, 2015 12:36 PM

Oct 2008
Can't understand this anime...can someone enlighten me?

Feb 10, 2015 10:50 PM

Nov 2014
Great episode! But that girl is gonna sell their stone too after all that? Wow...what a b*tch.
Feb 14, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2011
I like this plot tbh, didn't expect that. Niiicee~
AthrunZ29 said:
Thunderetard or w/e her name is, is a hypocritical cunt that needs to get her life beaten out of her until she is a vegetable.
That crow looks pretty badass though.

+1
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 16, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2009
So she will sell both stones even when 1 it's not hers...
Mar 2, 2015 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was good, but the two previous episodes felt like a needlessly long introduction.
Mar 3, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
So I stopped caring.

Bye. Dropped.
Mar 6, 2015 8:40 AM
Jun 2013
I love the art!
Apr 13, 2015 3:40 PM

May 2012
Lovely development! I wonder what's going to happen next.
Jun 14, 2020 12:42 AM
Jun 2020
F|_|CK that S*itty a22 girl , who does she think she is? I hope the statue she got burns to the f*c**ng ground in front of her , what a selfish Pondoconic Brat
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2015

49 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

142 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 2:23 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Mar 17, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

65 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 25, 2022 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rolling☆Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

50 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 24, 2022 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.