Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Mar 12, 2016 2:25 PM
Aug 2015
I only will say one thing : "Sayonara Hachikuji Mayoi"
Mar 30, 2016 10:29 AM

Jun 2010
This is the most emotional episode of the franchise thus far I think Gaen to me seems very suspicious in all this, more so than any of the other Occult members, they acted more genuinely (even Kaiki). Gaen seems to have her own agenda, even outside of Kanbaru.

As for Ougi, her finals words to Araragi, seemed like indirectly referencing the "darkness" as far the job, lying, and ending terms she used.

Not just that but unless I am missing something, unless Hanekawa still lingers around Araragi and Nadeko does an amazing redemption story; seems like up to this point Araragi has lost 3 girls if look at it from a harem aspect.
Mar 30, 2016 11:15 PM

Aug 2015
I wasn't very fond of Hachikuji since Bakemonogatari but now I realize I really will miss her. 5/5.
Apr 3, 2016 8:44 AM

May 2015
Hachikuji x Araragi kiss. FINALLY. So sad to see here go though... First Araragi tried to save her from being an apparition now she's gone for good. Also Ougi is very suspicious.. I'm curious to see what happened to Shinobu the past 2 episodes.
Apr 16, 2016 9:28 PM

Sep 2015
First best girl Nadeko now second best girl Mayoi? I can't handle this.
Apr 29, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
Well that bastard Araragi kissed all three lolis in this arc
Such a sad episode, rest in peace Hachikuji, we will miss you
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 3, 2016 6:39 AM

Jul 2008
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

HACHIKUJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 28, 2016 5:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Fourth and final chapter of Oni--, and surprise at the end, with a result ending to Monogatari style, where the word is stronger than the action. "Beso".

--
Cuarto y último capítulo de Oni-- , y la sorpresa aparece al final, con un resultado al estilo de Monogatari, donde la palabra tiene más fuerza que la acción. "Kiss".
Jun 4, 2016 9:45 PM

Nov 2014
joe_g7 said:
oh, I didn't notice that lol...

But RIP Hachikuji, you will be missed... =(

No more of Ararararagi-san jokes....
Jun 5, 2016 2:13 AM

Dec 2015
SympathyRS said:
joe_g7 said:

First was the girl with the green hair, then he kissed Shinobu because she was complaining (and her reaction to the kiss was priceless) and then Hachikuji kissed him as goodbye
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 5, 2016 4:20 AM

Nov 2014
joe_g7 said:
SympathyRS said:

First was the girl with the green hair, then he kissed Shinobu because she was complaining (and her reaction to the kiss was priceless) and then Hachikuji kissed him as goodbye
haha, yeah, Shinobu's reaction was priceless
Aug 12, 2016 2:30 PM

Apr 2014

No tearful goodbyes for me Since she's already dead. But I am Really Sad.
Hachikuji was like a Character you scumbled upon Randomly on the Streets
To talked to...But due to her nature even I find it weird how she was
Still around when She should not...
I Find it great how Ononoki helped out with the Situations. She really
Is a fine Servant.
It's gonna be sad this is the last time I'll see her... But what If...
They follow an idea like That Amnesia Where The girl can't pass on due to (Spoilers).
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Aug 29, 2016 3:04 AM

Aug 2013
WHY OH GOD WHYYY.
Nadeko-chan is one thing but NOT this too.
Hachikuji and Arararagi's comedic duo is like... ughhh dammit.
Gone, all of it is gone now. Goodbye Hachikuji...
You will live on in my heart always. T^T

Sep 17, 2016 3:55 AM

Mar 2014
Rewatching monogatari.. Damn it still hurts to see your all time favorite character leaving the show.
I remember the first time I watched this episode was right before eating with my family, I was legit so sad, I was feeling so empty.. And now I'm watching it again before going to bed, god damn this serie is just godlike
Sep 22, 2016 12:18 PM
Jul 2016
i was like shtress kamemashta before she said it and i think it was raining of shtress it was only my eyes will be missing you mayoi....... cry me a River....... may god blind the graves that takes the good one's......!!!!!!!!
Sep 24, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2013
Not really my favourite arc, oh well. I will miss Mayoi a bit, though there could've been worse candidates to disappear.
Nov 16, 2016 6:54 PM

Sep 2015
OMG No my waifu Mayoi 😭😭😭
Darkness you bastard!
That felt so much like Angel Beats dammit . That ending with her saying she loved him 😭😭😭😭
Nov 25, 2016 8:08 PM

Nov 2013
That was quite emotional.

Araragi and Hachikuji holding hands and her kiss were awfully cute.

Somehow I doubt, that she is gone forever.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 26, 2016 1:07 AM

Mar 2016
wow, i want to die

this was so sad and beautiful ;_;
Dec 3, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2016
Wow this is so sad ;-;

Cannot wait to see what happens from here....new beginning of something?

A new arc with more depressing moments...maybe Im just being negative here

Please make me feel better Monogatari: Second Season; I think I need a hug.
Dec 4, 2016 9:57 PM
Aug 2016
So, I'm rewatching all of the series, and after watching Owari recently, some thing has come to my mind - in MSSS, episode 18, starting at 10min, Shinobu talks about the two swords her first kin used, the long one, Kokoro Watari and the short one, Yume Watari. Araragi asks what is the latter for, and Shinobu explains it's for "reviving" oddities.

Then, in Owari, ep 12, starting at 18:15, Ougi questions Araragi about the armour of Shinobu's first kin, and says it could be used to make another sword, like Kokoro Watari, but ideally, Yume Watari, and adds that if she was Gaen, she'd collect it for this same purpose. And before leaving, she reveals the name of the samurai, Shishirui Seishirou, what seems to not have much effect by now (but probably will have some impact in the series);

That said, what if maybe, maybe in a very hopeful future, this sword, Yume Watari, is used to bring back Hachikuji? Although Ougi said Gaen would be the one interested in it, but still...
Dec 4, 2016 10:00 PM

Jun 2015
Siberian_Bear_ said:
So, I'm rewatching all of the series, and after watching Owari recently, some thing has come to my mind - in MSSS, episode 18, starting at 10min, Shinobu talks about the two swords her first kin used, the long one, Kokoro Watari and the short one, Yume Watari. Araragi asks what is the latter for, and Shinobu explains it's for "reviving" oddities.

Then, in Owari, ep 12, starting at 18:15, Ougi questions Araragi about the armour of Shinobu's first kin, and says it could be used to make another sword, like Kokoro Watari, but ideally, Yume Watari, and adds that if she was Gaen, she'd collect it for this same purpose. And before leaving, she reveals the name of the samurai, Shishirui Seishirou, what seems to not have much effect by now (but probably will have some impact in the series);

That said, what if maybe, maybe in a very hopeful future, this sword, Yume Watari, is used to bring back Hachikuji? Although Ougi said Gaen would be the one interested in it, but still...

Hmm... I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just ask, did you ever watch the last two episodes of Koyomimonogatari?
Dec 5, 2016 9:34 AM
Aug 2016
drgy55 said:
Hmm... I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll just ask, did you ever watch the last two episodes of Koyomimonogatari?

Not yet, I'm struggling to find it subbed in my mother tongue
Dec 5, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
Siberian_Bear_ said:
drgy55 said:

Not yet, I'm struggling to find it subbed in my mother tongue

Oh dang, yah I only know where to find it in English... well, it's got a very interesting plot point at the end of the last episode, if you can't find it I would still find a plot summary or something you can read. It's a pretty important lead-up into Owarimonogatari Vol 3!
Dec 5, 2016 11:23 AM
Aug 2016
drgy55 said:
Oh dang, yah I only know where to find it in English... well, it's got a very interesting plot point at the end of the last episode, if you can't find it I would still find a plot summary or something you can read. It's a pretty important lead-up into Owarimonogatari Vol 3!

Yeah, I'll have to resort to english subs. Although I usually don't mind if it's english or portuguese subs, monogatari is a bit harder, I can't even understand everything perfectly in my own language, let alone in english.

Anyway, I'll watch it later
Dec 5, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
Siberian_Bear_ said:
drgy55 said:

Yeah, I'll have to resort to english subs. Although I usually don't mind if it's english or portuguese subs, monogatari is a bit harder, I can't even understand everything perfectly in my own language, let alone in english.

Anyway, I'll watch it later

Hehe alright, if you remember let me know what you think! I have some theories on it, but nothing conclusive yet.
Feb 8, 2017 10:40 AM

Jun 2015
Hachikuji come back I can't live without you.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 13, 2017 12:52 PM

Aug 2016
That was unexpected, Oh my god, I cried so much whis this episode.
Rip Hachikuji Mayoi, you were a great character and one of my favorites, I will never forget you, eternal love.

Amazing episode.
5/5

-Sorry, I bit your tongue. (OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG)
-I loved you, Araragi-san. (CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)

shinobulaughsAug 31, 2017 3:59 PM
Mar 2, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2015
Damn that was really painful to watch
Hachikuji was one of my favorites ;-;
Apr 15, 2017 3:46 PM

Nov 2016
"Goodbye, Hachikuji Mayoi. I was happy that I was able to meet you."

After this sentences the feel train hit me with full throttle.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2017 12:07 PM

Apr 2015
"Goodbye, Hachikuji Mayoi."

Shiiiit...it's not...permanent, right?

Is this some kind of big Monogatari twist? Is Araragi's harem being slowly dismantled?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 8, 2017 9:44 PM

Oct 2014
Even a rewatch destroys me...
I can watch nothing about this series for months, and watch just this 1 scene, and I break.
Jul 2, 2017 6:04 PM
May 2012
everyone loves this guy, that's why he can't choose.
and i'm sure hachikuji will be back again, you know how it goes.
Jul 27, 2017 1:52 PM

Mar 2017
closeureyes said:
That was unexpected, Oh my god, I cried so much. RIP Hachikuji Mayoi, I will never forget you, you were a great character, eternal love for you.

^^^^^ This... OMG :(
Jul 27, 2017 2:05 PM

Aug 2016
LethoOfGulet said:
closeureyes said:
That was unexpected, Oh my god, I cried so much. RIP Hachikuji Mayoi, I will never forget you, you were a great character, eternal love for you.

^^^^^ This... OMG :(

</3 really sad bro... :'(
Jul 31, 2017 9:17 PM
Jun 2017
I knew this day was coming after I learned that Hachikuji came back a wondering ghost I didn't think it would end like this.

I almost cried and I still cant get over it, she is my favorite character in this anime and one of the cutest.

I'm sure other would agree and say that her goodbye scene has a Angel Beats feel to it.
Aug 13, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2016
(Q_Q) nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo WHY !!!
Aug 15, 2017 5:32 PM
Jun 2017
Sep 3, 2017 6:27 PM

Aug 2014
Sayonara Hachikuji, you left us some kinda lost even you are a fictional character :')
I don't know everything, I only know what I know.
Sep 6, 2017 7:27 PM

May 2014
Dammit making me teary over that!
I can't believe she's just gone like that...but it makes sense, no way could she have stayed a ghost of a ghost forever. If anything it's not fair- she was basically living like a normal girl after meeting Araragi.

Araragi getting all the snogs this arc.
He's kissed 3 lolis in the space of 4 episodes!!

He deserved it though, I mean his quasi-harem is slowly disbanding. Hachikuji's words ring loud and true, he can't choose everyone, I mean if Araragi's with Senjougahara he needs to be with her and actually prioritise her no matter who's with him at a particular time.

Doesn't seem like he's gonna be all too happy about losing Hachikuji and also losing Hanekawa through her confession to him as well. Not to mention that Nadeko is delusional and never actually loved him.
But yeah, it seems like Araragi's actually feeling the result of what it means to choose someone. Tbh I just don't think he wants to go back to those "normal", boring days before Shinobu and that might be a big reason he won't let her go.

So Hitagi End starts next episode and I've heard a lot of good things about it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 9:24 AM

Jan 2017
It was all so sad and so freaking heartbreaking but they had to ruin it with that kiss. I mean, it's just way too much, Mayoi kissing him just felt wrong...so wrong.

It was already on the verge with all the gropping and stuff, but what saved that was the comedy relief it had but this!? Do they seriously have to make a kiddo kiss him!?

One thing is Shinobu (who was previously Kiss-Shot a fully grown woman) and even Yotsugi (with her weird and unique personality), but with Mayoi is just wronggggggg >_____< she's just a kid dude, even smaller than your sisters.

I'm not having this.

KannoSugakoOct 7, 2017 3:37 AM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Oct 7, 2017 8:57 AM

May 2015
Nooo Hachikuji, I loved her so much ! T_T
So much feelings..
Oct 8, 2017 9:37 AM

Jun 2016

Fuck. I'm crying so hard right now. I'm hurt. My poor heart. My baby Mayoi was the target after all this time and everything will be solved if she's gone like once she goes into after afterworld. I'm not okaaaay. She's my most precious baby in this show and nooooooooooo!

This episode is so painful for me. That kiss she gave Araragi was so warm. I felt that. And I'm crying so hard that I'm screaming. This is so hard to watch. I swear that was the most special kiss Araragi will ever get. I'm not okay.

I'm broken right now. My poor Mayoi. :'(

RIP, Mayoi! I'm so gonna miss you. I hope we get to see her again in the later episodes or series. I'll sincerely gonna miss her so much. She's my precious baby after all in this series, and now she's gone. I feel like losing a loved one. Fuck! I'm not okay really. Someone hug me. *hugs my 2 Dalmatians*

"Goodbye, Hachikuji Mayoi. I was happy that I was able to meet you."

Nooooo. And just like that my precious baby is gone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seeing Ougi again somehow cheered me up for a sec, but then those words she said fucked me up.

"It's a very commonplace job like the overwhelming DARKNESS that takes up a majority of the universe. Correct the mistaken. End what needs to be ended. If I had to force myself to describe it, I'd say it was a job that punishes the liars."

HOLY SHIT. WAS SHE THAT "DARKNESS"!?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK. And somehow Araragi and Shinobu sense that something's fishy about Ougi!?!? Oh no. Oh fucking no. OH NO.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 11, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
Wow, what an episode.

Also great arc, it was nice to know more about Shinobu and this time the enemy is really obscure and scary.

Poor Mayoi, DAMN Ougi.
At the ending scene i had my eyes full of restrained tears, but i didn't expect to see my tears actually fall on their own, even if i tried not to cry.
That made me understand how much i was moved and sad about Mayoi disappearance.
Monogatari s2 is amazing and the last arc is the big climax that ends it perfectly.
Dec 28, 2017 10:23 PM
Jul 2017
I'm taking a break from this series. This is just too sad. I think I'll go to sleep and maybe I won't wake up or it will turn out to be a nightmare. Maybe I'll forget about this episode.

edit: I feel better now.
Zinyak12345Dec 29, 2017 3:10 AM
Dec 29, 2017 3:09 AM
Jul 2017
Strawberrycake48 said:
Dammit making me teary over that!
I can't believe she's just gone like that...but it makes sense, no way could she have stayed a ghost of a ghost forever. If anything it's not fair- she was basically living like a normal girl after meeting Araragi.

Araragi getting all the snogs this arc.
He's kissed 3 lolis in the space of 4 episodes!!

He deserved it though, I mean his quasi-harem is slowly disbanding. Hachikuji's words ring loud and true, he can't choose everyone, I mean if Araragi's with Senjougahara he needs to be with her and actually prioritise her no matter who's with him at a particular time.

Doesn't seem like he's gonna be all too happy about losing Hachikuji and also losing Hanekawa through her confession to him as well. Not to mention that Nadeko is delusional and never actually loved him.
But yeah, it seems like Araragi's actually feeling the result of what it means to choose someone. Tbh I just don't think he wants to go back to those "normal", boring days before Shinobu and that might be a big reason he won't let her go.

So Hitagi End starts next episode and I've heard a lot of good things about it!

I think she did love him but convinced herself that she didn't. A lot of traumatizing things were happening around her. In her op, she does mention that her heart is evolving. Maybe that changed and she doesn't anymore, or she thought she just liked him and that changed to love. People didn't handle her very well. She didn't want to be the victim due to some harsh critics and she tried not to be. Sengoku and Hachikuji will be missed. Sengoku is dead both mentally and emotionally.
Jan 1, 2018 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
NO. Not Hachikuji! I wasn't prepared for that ;__;
Jan 21, 2018 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
no matter how many times I rewatch this episode,, it never gets old.. i am sad

hachikuji daisUKIIIIIIII !!!
Apr 11, 2018 3:57 PM

Dec 2017
Throughout this season mayoi has gotten a lot more screen time to develop her character. The conclusion to this arc like a roller coaster of emotions. Saying farewell to such an awesome character is one of the toughest things in life.😭
Apr 28, 2018 10:21 AM

Dec 2016
:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

248 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 22, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

415 by JoaoPedru »»
Sep 20, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

218 by 0451 »»
Sep 15, 10:05 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

171 by YeetYoloLol »»
Sep 4, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

732 by Theprophet334 »»
Aug 28, 7:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.