Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 15, 2013 5:33 AM

Feb 2011
I don't know anything from the manga, but I did kinda like it. A bit confusing at times, but I do like the art.

I LOVE the ED song!
Jul 15, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2013
Started from Tokyo arc? Man, that's really disappointing. I know it's a good arc but I really want to watch it from the beginning so badly.
Jul 15, 2013 6:20 AM

Nov 2012
just watched the sub version
seriously -_- I forget all the characters from the OVA because the art -_- kind of boring -_-
and rin is really annoying like always -_-
oh btw got some pants in this episode :p

the art (6/10) the story (7.5/10)
Jul 15, 2013 6:34 AM
Feb 2012
Now that I think about it, there will be no animated Shiho... :(
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 15, 2013 7:15 AM

Dec 2012
It's really disappointing that they didn't start from the Hiroshima arc, which is without a doubt of of the best arcs in any romance manga ever. I'm okay with Tokyo Arc though, despite the

I didn't like the art. The character interactions feel almost forced, unlike the natural flow I see in the manga. I gave it just okay, but probably would have given it 2 if I wasn't so happy to see a great manga get animated.
Jul 15, 2013 7:27 AM

Nov 2010
They art is really bad. wow.
Jul 15, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
As I was expecting, didn't like the episode. The art was just ok, the voices didn't fit the characters and why did they had to start in the tokyo arc?! Maybe i'll try watching the second episode but, from the first impression I had, the series won't be good. Stick to the manga.
Jul 15, 2013 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
hgeronimo said:

All the budget is spent on beautifying Kyousuke.
Jul 15, 2013 9:41 AM
Jan 2011
It's kinda odd that this anime started as a mid manga chapter, instead of going to a real start.
Jul 15, 2013 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
As a huge romance fan I was really looking forward to this series as I'd heard a lot about the manga, but from what i'm reading after episode 1 (I've not read 1 page of the manga) i'm beginning to wonder. I really want to know what happened up to where this picks up because it sounds like that was some of the best parts of the story. I went to look up the manga to see how many chapters there are so far and saw that it's well over 200. Approx how far is this in the manga?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jul 15, 2013 10:22 AM

Oct 2011
hmm....I was a little bit bored. But I like the animation~
Jul 15, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2011
Shiveron said:
As a huge romance fan I was really looking forward to this series as I'd heard a lot about the manga, but from what i'm reading after episode 1 (I've not read 1 page of the manga) i'm beginning to wonder. I really want to know what happened up to where this picks up because it sounds like that was some of the best parts of the story. I went to look up the manga to see how many chapters there are so far and saw that it's well over 200. Approx how far is this in the manga?

If you want to quickly catch up with what's hapening, there's an OVA that fast forwards the beginging of the manga untill the point where the this series begins... kind of.
It goes untill eba leaves the country to Tokyo
Jul 15, 2013 10:43 AM

Aug 2012
oh wow, been waiting for this anime for a long time and to be honest i was kinda disappointed with this first episode. the art wasn't what i expected, the colors and animation quality of the OVA was much better. the only few things that i love from this episode are the opening song (みみめめMIMI <3 ) and the seiyuu.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jul 15, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
A lot of complaining in this thread.

I watched the 2 OVAs in preparation for this anime. Didn't read the manga.

I really liked this episode. The artstyle is different, but unique.

5/5
Jul 15, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Shiveron said:

The first episode starts at chapter 80 in the manga. If you want a summary of the first 79 chapters of the manga I wrote one on Nabe!! in two parts:

Part 1
Part 2
(I know I've posted it before, but people keep asking like they haven't seen that there is a place to go to find the info they want...)

But it does look like the next episode will do a flashback back-story thing, so you could wait and see if everything is good after that, or watch the (poorly done) 2 part OVA from last year, or just read the first 79 chapters of the manga.
zensunniJul 15, 2013 11:11 AM
Jul 15, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
Many people (well, at least those in Japan) just don't think the story should start from Tokyo.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 15, 2013 11:26 AM

Aug 2010
I guess I can understand why they started with the Tokyo Arc, the Hiroshima arc seems more bent to a younger audience to me while the Tokyo Arc has more drama and they probably wanted to draw an older crowd.
Jul 15, 2013 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
Watching Asuka still stings a bit. At least I can take solace at the fact that Gonzo might stop at that particular part where I can be at peace.
Jul 15, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
To make it more clear:

Chapter 1 - 65 The story that has been skipped. (Also at the end of Chapter 62 we have the introduction of probably the favorite character in the stories of the most readers, Shiho Amagi, Haruto's senior, really good friend, and teacher in cooking, she's awesome!)
Chapter 66-70 The OVAs
Chapter 71-79 Skipped part between the OVAs and the Current episode.
Chapter 80-110 Will probably be the anime if it's 13 episodes long.

On chapter 111, we have a time skip of 1.5 years and now they are in College, so if the story is 26 episodes long, it would only make sense to end it at chapter 146.

So if you want to understand what's going on, you'll need to read at least 79 chapters, 80 is where the episode starts.

Some people said "they don't make clear why Yuzuki disappeared", they don't because in the next 4-5, if not, 8-9 episodes for sure, we will pretty much see it with our own eyes when they meet and she explain to him the whole situation of her stopping all communications with him, it's in the story.
esenickJul 15, 2013 12:10 PM
Jul 15, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
zensunni said:
Shiveron said:

The first episode starts at chapter 80 in the manga. If you want a summary of the first 79 chapters of the manga I wrote one on Nabe!! in two parts:

Part 1
Part 2
(I know I've posted it before, but people keep asking like they haven't seen that there is a place to go to find the info they want...)

But it does look like the next episode will do a flashback back-story thing, so you could wait and see if everything is good after that, or watch the (poorly done) 2 part OVA from last year, or just read the first 79 chapters of the manga.

Thanks but I think I'll skip the summary since I went ahead and started reading. Up to chapter 25 now.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jul 15, 2013 3:26 PM

Feb 2012
OP and ED are horrible and the character designs look much better than the OVA's but still off in my opinion. Is that hard to adapt Seo's art style into an anime?

I really enjoyed the Haruto and Asuka scenes, so much that I want to re-read the manga.
Jul 15, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2013
This anime seems too messy. The story is literally bits an pieces of the manga. The art is like an odd stand in for the original creators work. I don't really see some of the voices really fitting what I had with my preconceived notions. The Haruto/Asuka relation is so far the only thing that might make this worth it so far.
This is probably going to mediocre at best.
Jul 15, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
I prefer the OVA art style infinitely more than this, but that's not going to prevent me from watching.
Jul 15, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
Wondering if I should even watch this. It skips 80 chapters?! 0_o
Jul 16, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2010
FlamingYu said:
hgeronimo said:

All the budget is spent on beautifying Kyousuke.

Lol? Kyousuke looks ugly...

Jul 16, 2013 1:37 AM
Jul 2013
this TV ver is starting after haruto settled down at tokyo..... i suspect it will start again from the beginning when yuzuki moved to haruto's. and frankly the OVA isn't much explaining the connection between them, so you much read the manga in order to understand this...
Jul 16, 2013 11:57 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Well, I surely didn't expect that the story starts from Tokyo o,o I got hints in the opening but I rly thought it was from the start, considering the description of the series but it might not be bad if they connect everything nice and they really show the "feelings" of how they met! But since the story is focused in that arc, something is gonna come out rushed and that's always baaad~
The episode itself, wasn't bad though, it's nice enough for a start. The didn't hurry to show stuff and it took the "slice of life" element more to the surface. Since it wasn't gonna be exceptional or something, my hopes just reside in the chance that it flows normally the rest of the series. As long it makes sense and it doesn't try to force feelings on me, I'm good with it c:

I do like the art strangely. Especially the opening. Or, well, the less I stare at someone, I less dislike it. I find Asuka really nice animated! Kyousuke looks really bad, on the other hand, most of the time. Rin is extremely bad as well, I almost didn't recognise her... and that shouldn't have happened. The rest, mediocre. Generally though, it's much better than what I expected and I did expect something bad xD

Also, I adore Japan's dialects and was waiting for hearing again Haruto's dialect sooo much after the OVAs <3
Jul 16, 2013 1:30 PM
Jan 2013
Awesome Asuka's panty shot.
Jul 16, 2013 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
It's weird hearing Arata angry. LOL I mean Haruto's VA. Sorry, too much Chihayafuru ;)

It's not bad but not as good as I expected. It lacks suspense and interest. The execution is not the greatest. 3.5/5 But probably my most anticipated for the season so far.

Don't really like Asuka right now. Too tsundere ugh.

IntervisioN said:
I prefer the OVA art style infinitely more than this, but that's not going to prevent me from watching.

same
Jul 16, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2010
Well, after watching this first episode I ended up having more negatives than positive things in mind, the animation has lots of flaws, some scenes seemed unnatural (like when Asuka was attempting to hit Haruto with the bat), soundtrack is boring, slow pace... Anyway, it's still Kimi no Iru Machi, so I'm gonna keep watching to see how it ends up goin'. Oh, also, I don't think the OP is as bad as almost everyone says, the ED is bad though

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jul 17, 2013 12:47 AM
Jan 2012
I hope its not as bad as all you guys say it's going to be...
Jul 17, 2013 12:57 AM

Apr 2010
I had hoped that they would begin in the Hiroshima arc as it would perfectly explain everything that just happened. For people who haven't read the manga it will be abit confusing whats going on.

I am still hopeful they'll have large flashbacks to the past though.

It was a good episode however and follows the manga fairly well at the Tokyo arc.

4/5
Jul 17, 2013 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
I really dislike the VA choices, the art looks off, and people who didn't read the manga are missing out on the best part of the story. This is where everything goes off the rails and it's a poor choice to start the anime here.
Jul 17, 2013 7:35 AM

Aug 2012
I can't believe this is the manga that I've been reading. I'm going to drop this and continue reading.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jul 17, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Blackbird said:
The arts doesn't look all that bad, huh?
I thought they will start from beginning, what chapters does this start in the manga?
They picked up off from the 2 ovas called Kimi no Iru Machi: Tasogare Kousaten which cover chapters 1 to 70!!!
Jul 17, 2013 9:02 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode looking forward to the rest of the series.
Jul 17, 2013 9:11 AM

Dec 2008
Love the character design and the animation. Not sure if I can tolerate the annoying Mishima though. Will keep watching to see where this goes.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 17, 2013 10:38 AM
May 2012
Hmm, kind of confused on where this is going, maybe i need to watch the ova to understand this better.
Jul 17, 2013 12:47 PM
Jul 2012
Blackbird said:
I would actually prefer this anime start from the beginning , first The world god only knows and now this.. O_o

I agree with you, but TWGOK only skips like 3 girls not an entire beginning like kimi no iru machi
Jul 17, 2013 11:15 PM

Jul 2010
I'm totally confused...and rather put off by this. I don't think I will be watching anymore, for the time being. I've been wanting to read the manga, but checking the length and the bad comments now, I think I'll put that off too. xP Oh wellz, you gotta try new things, I guess.
Jul 18, 2013 12:06 AM

Mar 2010
Blackbird said:
The arts doesn't look all that bad, huh?
I thought they will start from beginning, what chapters does this start in the manga?

The part where he comes over to his sister's place is chapter 26. longer into the ep goes up to 50 and out i think...
Jul 18, 2013 3:27 AM

Nov 2012
Was to lazy to read the manga to prepare for this so yeah, can understandably feel like I've entered a third season without having watched two previous ones, but liked what I saw so will continue it.

Jul 18, 2013 5:30 AM

Jul 2009
After i saw the 2nd episode's preview i assume the story will goes back to the first chapter of the manga, i think the 1st episode is just a foreshadowing

belatkuro said:

I'll just brace myself for the incoming rage. After all, this was the arc which the story fell into pieces and never really picked up again. And it brought a ton of rage to the readers, hence the fans calling it "The Town Where You Rage".
True Story Bro, i miss those moments

Confucius said:
Meanwhile, nothing happens again in the manga
If something happened or the manga ended, please PM me

Hey, is it just me or the apartment Haruto's living is not where Suzuka's lived? oh well i don't supposed we gonna see Suzuka and KnIM collide
Jul 18, 2013 6:17 AM

May 2011
Okay episode I guess. The characters doesn't look that bad, I really like their accent.

The manga has been a disappointment for me so hopefully this adaptation can be better and be a little more enjoyable.
Jul 18, 2013 7:02 AM

Sep 2010
It's just mediocre.... OVA was better... and I was told that manga is awesome....

They should've have started from the 1st chapter of manga....

2.5/5
Jul 18, 2013 7:06 AM

Jul 2010
Laevantein said:
After i saw the 2nd episode's preview i assume the story will goes back to the first chapter of the manga, i think the 1st episode is just a foreshadowing

belatkuro said:

I'll just brace myself for the incoming rage. After all, this was the arc which the story fell into pieces and never really picked up again. And it brought a ton of rage to the readers, hence the fans calling it "The Town Where You Rage".
True Story Bro, i miss those moments

Confucius said:
Meanwhile, nothing happens again in the manga
If something happened or the manga ended, please PM me

Hey, is it just me or the apartment Haruto's living is not where Suzuka's lived? oh well i don't supposed we gonna see Suzuka and KnIM collide

At this point, Suzuka lives (..in spoilers in case people have only seen the Suzuka anime and not read the manga...
next door to Aoi and Haruto. In the manga...
I have read that KnIM takes place about two years after the end of the Suzuka manga, but I always figured it started at about the time the manga ended. It is hard to say... In the Tokyo Class Trip arc, Yuzuki rides on the train with Suzuka
Later, when Haruto and the gang reach college age, there is a scene at the amusement park we see Suzuka

Speaking of Suzuka, I hope that the don't do to KnIM what they did to that in anime. Other than the obvious, the horrible animation of the Suzuka anime, I hope that they don't end it when

twonline said:
It's just mediocre.... OVA was better... and I was told that manga is awesome....

They should've have started from the 1st chapter of manga....

2.5/5

WOW? I think you'll have a hard time finding people that agree that the OVA is better, unless they totally screw the pooch. The OVA, while telling the Tokyo Class Trip arc well, told the back-story with such a disjointed and haphazard style that it was difficult to follow even having read the manga, and the art and character designs were horrible!

It did a good job eliciting emotions in a short two episodes. I'll give it that... But a full series can take its time to get you emotionally invested in the characters before ripping your heart out...

EDIT: Damn! I did it again... I keep typing Yuzuka instead of Yuzuki... LOL
zensunniJul 18, 2013 7:14 AM
Jul 18, 2013 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
i heard non-chronological order is the rage these days..
Jul 18, 2013 9:43 PM

Nov 2012
argilium said:
i heard non-chronological order is the rage these days..

yeah it seems like true :/

Jul 19, 2013 3:49 AM

May 2010
I am disappointed that they are not starting from the 1st chapter. I was looking forward to it but now, I don't care... Such a waste!
Jul 19, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
i really like the character design and art style. it seems a bit old school.

i haven't seen the ovas and i read through some pages of this discussion thread here and i have to admit i'm confused. i guess i'll just keep watching this and hope i'll understand what's going on, even though i haven't even read the manga. but it really doesn't start at the beginning? that's weird. i hope this show will still make sense to me in the end.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» How should I go about reading the manga and watching the anime?

Reshiram_IX - Jan 3, 2023

10 by Xuter »»
Aug 22, 9:10 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

84 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.