Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Nobunaga Concerto' Gets Multiple Adaptations

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2014 6:19 PM

May 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Is it some kind of Nobunaga anniversary this year?

LOL was think this way too.
May 7, 2014 8:33 PM
Mar 2009
GEEZUS, just from one source material?

And c'mon Japan. You have plenty of other historical figures besides Oda Nobunaga.
May 7, 2014 8:55 PM

Jul 2012
God, everyone's judging this so hard. LOL It could be a great show but you guys won't watch it because of The Fool or Nobunagun xD
May 7, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2014
This at least, look better then the other... And the cast is fantastic. Nakamura as hideyoshi. Fantastic!
May 7, 2014 10:58 PM

May 2010
We only needed Oda Nobuna no Yabou - The one and only Nobunaga anime.
May 8, 2014 12:02 AM

Mar 2008
Zelgadis94 said:
There are so many others Shoguns worth a show, this is discrimination.

Yukimura Sanada, Mitsuhide Akechi, Kenshin Uesugi..
I feel the obsessive need to point out that these men weren't shogun, neither was Nobunaga.

The only shogun you're likely to see in anime are the Tokugawa.
May 8, 2014 12:05 AM
Dec 2009
TragicRomance said:

I bet it was because the main character who represented Nobunaga was a girl.

May 8, 2014 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
I'm not expecting this to be anything amazing but I'm not expecting it to be terrible either, so I'll give it a shot.

keragamming said:
It feels like I'm the only one that doesn't know what is Nobunaga? Guess I'll put it on my ptw list.

Japanese warlord who started the campaign to unify Japan.

Ckan said:
Poor Monkey doesn't get anything.

Even though he finished the unification of Japan. Probably has to do with his failed attempt at conquering Korea.
May 8, 2014 1:20 AM
Feb 2012
For a second I was expecting something similar to Nodame Cantabile and rejoiced inside, but no, it's another Nobu-fucking-naga show.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 8, 2014 2:52 AM
Oct 2013
SHUN OGURI is the only reason i will try this.
May 8, 2014 5:21 AM

Feb 2010
NeoAnkara said:
Why cannot it about Takeda Shingen or Tokugawa Ieyasu for once.
Because he was the one who contributed mostly to the unification of Japan. Tokugawa 'inherited' the title from him though. Shingen is still busy flirting with the Uesugi's
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 8, 2014 5:28 AM

Mar 2008
Cashdaxxx said:
NeoAnkara said:
Because he was the one who contributed mostly to the unification of Japan. Tokugawa 'inherited' the title from him though. Shingen is still busy flirting with the Uesugi's

'inheriting' would be underselling it though. Hideyoshi and Ieyasu had their fair share of woes to deal with in order to become top dog after the passing of their predecessor. Of course, Nobunaga did lay the major groundwork.
May 8, 2014 7:08 AM

Nov 2008
Nobunaga sure is popular in Japan but now even time traveling ...
May 8, 2014 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
Well, 2013 was Nobunaga no Yabou series's 30th year anniversary. So...
May 8, 2014 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
Nobunaga sure is popular in Japan but now even time traveling ...

There's other of these kinds.

Imagine Anime being made about Washington/Jefferson/Hamilton/Madison every other season

Well, I guess there are just more internationally important people in the US>
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 8, 2014 6:31 PM

Sep 2010
Thornister said:
Guys calm your tits... This manga is accurate historically. Read real synopsis from here (for example) and look at the art. It's manga made for teens to learn history in a more entertaining form but not straying with mechs or girls as Nobunaga. Author gives us 'present guy' so it's easier for readers to identify with MC. Also even if Nobunaga is main character there are other historical figures that will be pictured here, look at the long cast.
I'll watch it to learn something about the "favourite Japanese historic person" (from what we can assume from all this adaptations).

I was going to pass, but after reading from the link I'm really interested. It won't be shit like Nobunaga the Fool or that other one I think it called Sengoku Otome (I think). Only anime with Nobunaga I really enjoyed was Sengoku Basara.

At least I hope it won't be shit. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 9, 2014 2:52 AM

Mar 2012
Roloko said:
Thornister said:
Guys calm your tits... This manga is accurate historically. Read real synopsis from here (for example) and look at the art. It's manga made for teens to learn history in a more entertaining form but not straying with mechs or girls as Nobunaga. Author gives us 'present guy' so it's easier for readers to identify with MC. Also even if Nobunaga is main character there are other historical figures that will be pictured here, look at the long cast.
I'll watch it to learn something about the "favourite Japanese historic person" (from what we can assume from all this adaptations).

I was going to pass, but after reading from the link I'm really interested. It won't be shit like Nobunaga the Fool or that other one I think it called Sengoku Otome (I think). Only anime with Nobunaga I really enjoyed was Sengoku Basara.

But Nobonaga there is villain not MC.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 9, 2014 6:57 AM

Nov 2008
Roloko said:
Thornister said:

That's good to hear. It really is a good manga so if it'll be shit than not because source material is bad. I'm hoping scanlations of Nobunaga Concerto will pop out after anime announcement.
May 10, 2014 12:29 AM
Dec 2010
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub_2014/i/140508-i083.html" target="_blank">http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.fujitv.co.jp/fujitv/news/pub_2014/i/140508-i083.html

Has it been mentioned by anyone that this apparently will feature rotoscoping over CGI? Will be interesting to see how it turns out.
May 10, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2011
Thornister said:
Roloko said:
Thornister said:

That's good to hear. It really is a good manga so if it'll be shit than not because source material is bad. I'm hoping scanlations of Nobunaga Concerto will pop out after anime announcement.

I don't see anything that's translated for it in English though?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 11, 2014 9:08 AM

May 2010
kandiiyuutaamu said:
TragicRomance said:

I bet it was because the main character who represented Nobunaga was a girl.

Partly. It was unique with Nobunaga as a female. Plus it's one of my fav. historical anime and I think, the majority liked it as it was accurate on major details.

Rachmaninow said:
For a second I was expecting something similar to Nodame Cantabile and rejoiced inside, but no, it's another Nobu-fucking-naga show.

THIS! You are not alone, my friend. Nodame is too good to have another season... Well, the source is already finished and the anime followed it more or less so we can only dream...
May 11, 2014 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
TragicRomance said:
Rachmaninow said:

THIS! You are not alone, my friend. Nodame is too good to have another season... Well, the source is already finished and the anime followed it more or less so we can only dream...

Wouldn't it be cool if they animated the Opera side story? >//////<
May 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
Ckan said:
Cashdaxxx said:
NeoAnkara said:

'inheriting' would be underselling it though. Hideyoshi and Ieyasu had their fair share of woes to deal with in order to become top dog after the passing of their predecessor. Of course, Nobunaga did lay the major groundwork.
That's why I emphasized the 'inheriting' because I can't find the right words.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 18, 2014 4:13 AM

May 2010
mayukachan said:
TragicRomance said:
Rachmaninow said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they animated the Opera side story? >//////<

Oh, that is one OVA material, I suppose.
May 27, 2014 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
TragicRomance said:
Oh, that is one OVA material, I suppose.

That's at least an hour worths of material =P
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

40 by DarkDooM2 »»
33 minutes ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

27 by Ketereles »»
1 hour ago

» 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Reveals Production Staff, Theme Songs, Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - May 24

9 by Calal-Chan »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

21 by Sigmar-Unberogen »»
Yesterday, 7:57 AM

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - May 24

12 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.