Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 5, 2014 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
At first, I wasn't sure what to think of Saki other than a stalker, but I can easily say that she's a great addition to the cast.

Becoming friends with Kaori and having their date was really nice. It was also a nice touch that she could relate to Kaori's problem with hers as well.

The best moment was when she re-introduced herself to Kaori in the classroom and effectively ended the 'rule' that Kaori and Hase made. Not only that, but Saki's other friends wanted to introduce themselves to Kaori, so hopefully, other classmates will become much friendlier with Kaori from now on.

I couldn't stop smiling the entire episode! =3
May 5, 2014 7:58 AM

Oct 2009
THIS EPISODE! THIS FREAKING EPISODE!!! My heart!!!!! SO many feels!!!!!! Man I was so happy at the end that I actually teared up!
Saki is so weird and floaty that I love her!

This might be the most heartwarming thing I've ever seen. What a beautiful show~
AozureMay 5, 2014 8:03 AM
May 5, 2014 8:44 AM
Jan 2014
------ i always wonder who the heck that always vote 1-5 (hate it) in every episode this anime -------
May 5, 2014 9:01 AM

Mar 2013
BananaOtoko said:
------ i always wonder who the heck that always vote 1-5 (hate it) in every episode this anime -------

Kids with no souls, clearly. I weep for their sins.
May 5, 2014 9:49 AM

May 2012
This episode is fluffy. Every episode is fluffy. Everything's fluffy. Everyone's fluffy. The story's fluffy. SO FLUFFY <3 LOL
May 5, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
sheidesu said:
This episode is fluffy. Every episode is fluffy. Everything's fluffy. Everyone's fluffy. The story's fluffy. SO FLUFFY <3 LOL

It's Fuwa Fuwa Time.
May 5, 2014 11:05 AM

Feb 2013
This is so cute. I wonder what the future has in store for us.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
May 5, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
This series keeps proving to me every week that its one of the most sincere slice of life's iv seen in a while and has a level of heart not found in others, its so calming, sweet, and puts me in such a good mood. Characters are lovable and the show is so laid back and relaxed it begins to stand out from the rest. really looking foreword to the next 7 weeks

also that ending was so sweet

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 5, 2014 12:18 PM

May 2014
Ahhhh! So much fuwa feeeels.. This was really a happy episode! I'm glad that Fujimiya finally has friends!

And I'm quite impressed. Welp, we often see new character appearing out of nowhere in some animes and I think this is the very first time that I actually liked a new character.

Usually, I feel out of it and lose all interest when a new character turns up (Frequently seen when an anime gets a next season, there's always a new character).

I guess for me it just depends on what and how the character's personality was created.

...And Saki was that character who broke the record! I never thought that a day would come that I would appreciate a new character! XD
May 5, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2014
sheidesu said:

Agree! XD So fluffy :)
May 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
I'm 26 and there isn't too many slice of lifes that can make me smile the whole episode. Light and fluffy doesn't normally appeal to me because I like to see more adult realistic dramas, but this show is wonderfully created. Here's to the hope that the rest of the series carries all these feelz with it!
May 5, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
Sooooooooooooo cute ♥
May 5, 2014 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
my heartttttttttt~
May 5, 2014 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
I don't necessarily believe that she recognized Hase-kun, but it wouldn't be too odd to speculate that she only forgets friends, but would remember those she "loves".
May 5, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
A really funny episode, it's been a long time since I ever laugh a lot, specially when Hase started to feel jealous for Saki and Kaori, I can't wait the next episode, believe me, it's going to be a real good one.
May 5, 2014 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
I'm liking Hase less and less with each episode. He's whiny and selfish and Saki helped Kaori more in one episode than Hase did in 4.
May 5, 2014 10:39 PM

Aug 2013
This series is just amazing.

There's literally nothing to ever hate about, which is nice compared to a lot of the bickering that goes on with other animes. This is just a cute slice of life anime with every episode full of heartwarming feels.

I planned to watch this when they first announced it, and went into it thinking it was going to be a super sad feels trip for the entire thing. It's definitely a feels trip, but I'm glad it turned out to be a super happy one.
May 5, 2014 10:44 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not a fan of this series' art, nor a fan of air-headed characters, but I gotta admit that I really want to pinch Saki's cheeks. :3
May 6, 2014 12:20 AM

Apr 2012
Really sweet episode but I have a strange feeling that some conflicts are coming soon o:
May 6, 2014 12:52 AM

Sep 2013
Such an amazing episode. Saki is just so easy-going.

I'm looking forward to next week's.
May 6, 2014 2:32 AM

Oct 2013
dem onesie outfits
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 6, 2014 2:46 AM

May 2013
I really enjoyed this episode. Saki is a very likeable character, yeah, many said that she's annoying but in my opinion, she pulled off a character development from Kaori which I liked.

But I still want more of Kaori and Yuki moments. Now to mention that the next episode will be about Kaori's mother and visiting their house.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 6, 2014 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
OMG My heart was going to break , A lot of heart warming scenes :O
"Did even that happen ?!" xD That girl sure forgets a lot lol.

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 6, 2014 7:02 AM

Dec 2013
Kaori is making good progress! Enjoyable episode. Nice addition of a new friend (Saki).
May 6, 2014 7:35 AM
May 2014
I'm still not a fan of Hase, but Saki was an awesome new character. Great episode!
May 6, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2010
So what, did she recognize Hase in the end?
Anyway, next episode looks interesting since we get to see the based-milf.
May 7, 2014 5:15 AM
Jul 2018

I love this episode. Yamagishi is so cute :3
May 7, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah... nope.
Everyone seems to have enjoyed this a lot. I didn't.
Sure, Saki did make everything progress a lot, but that feels like it's coming from nowhere.
That day, for no reason, a girl that seems like she has some sort of mental inferiority just comes for no reason and asks to be her friend (or her sister, or her mother ._.). And just like that she's like super pushy with everything and in one second they're best friends.
If this really is just justified as a random encounter, and that at the end we don't discover that, like, she was sent by a mystical goddess of marvel to make her remember stuff, then it just makes no sense.
Until now, except Kaori's problem which is the center of the anime, all characters were pretty normal. Now you have that girl with a totally abnormal character that comes in and of course makes everything progress a lot because she makes NO SENSE AT ALL but is exactly what Kaori needed to have her progress.
Yeah, no. I didn't like this. But at least the anime progressed, so yeah.
May 7, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
Oh! Man . I was in a bad mood before watching this ep but its so sweet that it made all my worries go away, my favourite ep by far.
May 7, 2014 3:45 PM

Sep 2009
This anime is great. I somehow really like anime with alot of characters that are loners and was bullied. It's just very relatable. After watching this episode i cried alot when i suddenly remembered my past that i threw away and was really thankful for the friends i manage to make slowly after that.
shinki7May 7, 2014 3:49 PM
May 7, 2014 4:04 PM

Jul 2007
My heart almost exploded from cuteness overload. Ah this episode was awesome. I prefer this happy/cute atmosphre compared to drama. I really hope they keep it up like this till the end although I'm sure this is impossible ;_;
May 7, 2014 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
aw shit nigga , dat gurls kawaii
dat sloppy walkin style
dat airhead attitude and lazy voice
dat cute expression

Hase as entered stalker mode. Creepiness overload. No I'm just kiddin', though, he's so jelly. At least, she remembered her right here at the end.

Damn, Kiryuu is one good friend. He followed him all day even if he didn't gave a crap about what they were doing xD

Fujimiya was rocking that bunny outfit. So fucking cute.

That girl will surely had a new dynamic. This could get really interresting.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 7, 2014 11:53 PM

May 2012
00:31 /melts

06:19 dat weird chibi

7/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 8, 2014 10:00 AM

Dec 2008
I'm sure that little one is a sweetheart, but I find her to be a bit on the creepy side.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 8, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2013
AsherFischell said:
I'm liking Hase less and less with each episode. He's whiny and selfish and Saki helped Kaori more in one episode than Hase did in 4.

Pretty much summed what I was about to post. At first I thought I'd hate her because I could feel Chinatsu's voice vibes from her, but then she suddenly became my favorite character.
May 8, 2014 2:25 PM

Apr 2013
With Saki's carefree character, I was actually thinking that she'd be an annoying character. Well, the first minutes of this episode showed, that my thought was a bit true. But with the time I was impressed. Saki's a really good character who gives the serie a good development.
May 8, 2014 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
RIGHT IN THE FEELS JESUS CHRIST
May 8, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
Well, if that won't give you diabetes I don't know what will.
May 9, 2014 6:58 AM

May 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
sheidesu said:

It's Fuwa Fuwa Time.

violity said:
sheidesu said:

Agree! XD So fluffy :)

Oh yeahhh <3 It's Fluffy paradise <3 Hoho
May 9, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
ZacksFair said:
Yeah... nope.
Everyone seems to have enjoyed this a lot. I didn't.
Sure, Saki did make everything progress a lot, but that feels like it's coming from nowhere.
That day, for no reason, a girl that seems like she has some sort of mental inferiority just comes for no reason and asks to be her friend (or her sister, or her mother ._.). And just like that she's like super pushy with everything and in one second they're best friends.
If this really is just justified as a random encounter, and that at the end we don't discover that, like, she was sent by a mystical goddess of marvel to make her remember stuff, then it just makes no sense.
Until now, except Kaori's problem which is the center of the anime, all characters were pretty normal. Now you have that girl with a totally abnormal character that comes in and of course makes everything progress a lot because she makes NO SENSE AT ALL but is exactly what Kaori needed to have her progress.
Yeah, no. I didn't like this. But at least the anime progressed, so yeah.
My thoughts exactly. I'm trying to like this show (and I really did in the first three episodes) but the direction is going nowhere. It also threw in some subtle shoujo-ai which was a no-no for me.

But still an okay episode. At least something happened at the end.
May 11, 2014 5:20 AM

Oct 2013
favorite episode so far new character really adds a lot to the show <3
[/quote]
May 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
Saki is sweet!
May 11, 2014 11:04 PM

Oct 2011
Saki helped her T__T
May 12, 2014 7:00 PM
Sep 2012
Saki reminds me of a Jelly Fish. Straight up Jelly Fish. LOL, a nice one though.
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
May 13, 2014 5:43 PM

May 2013
A girl wanting to be friends with another girl is bad and considered blatant yuri on top of that now? Didn't Hase-kun also come from nowhere as far as the anime showed? Blaze-chan made more progress in a single episode than that he did in four.
May 15, 2014 1:14 PM

Jun 2011
Saki is so laid back and fun to watch. Things are moving forward, though I kinda feel like Hase is losing his special position.
May 15, 2014 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
Saki's so floaty and adorable O__O

She's the perfect confidant to Kaori and would really drive this story forward. Why? Because she does what she pleases and doesn't overthink things. You know...kind of like how Shougo is to Hase. That kind of attitude is perfect for Kaori.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 16, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit this episode was fucking good.
I smiled so much it hurts. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 17, 2014 2:53 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah, I uh, hated Saki's introduction. Outright hated it. "Contrived" is the perfect word for it. I would've been fine with it, had the character been foreshadowed at all, instead of just randomly appearing in order to advance the plot. Really left a sour taste in my mouth throughout the entire episode. I don't really like the character all that much either but my opinion on her did improve by the ending (hated her in the beginning to not liking her by the end - hopefully it at least stays on that side of the spectrum). The only thing I really liked about this episode was the ending.
May 17, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2010
Somehow I couldn't come to like Saki, but that's just me, like I suspected.

Anyways, if Fujimiya is starting to remember Hase now, what's there for 7 episodes more? I hope not fillers.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

205 by Husen_Duhoki »»
May 21, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.