Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 6, 2013 8:30 PM

May 2012
That opening part where Aladdin summoned the "giants" is epic but somehow, it's too much of a spoiler already..
Oct 6, 2013 8:34 PM

May 2012
mayukachan said:
I didn't like the opening scene either and I'm a non-manga reader. Too spoilerish? I guess.

Same here. I have not read the manga too and although that opening was indeed good, I think it was too early to be shown.. kinda spoiled the thrill.
Oct 6, 2013 10:03 PM

Aug 2010
Definitely looking forward to seeing that battle from the start play out. Seems like we will see a host of new forces joining the fray this season including what look to be Quakers. As a non-manga reader knowing nothing about the series I was caught by surprise by the first season and certainly did not expect to like the show as much as I did from the synopsis.

My takeaway from this episode:

• Epic Battles be in store
  • Romance in Magi??
  • Story seems poised to go all Game of Thrones in scale this season

[
Oct 6, 2013 10:04 PM
Dec 2011
The episode satisfied all my otp feels xD Alibaba and Mor together when talking with hakuryuu, sinbad and kougyoku etc etc. Hoping for a 24 episode series !
Oct 6, 2013 10:22 PM

Aug 2011
KOUGYOKU Y U SO PRECIOUS HNNNNGHHHH
DAILY DOSE OF HER IS NEEDED IN MAH LAIFU

Great to be a manga reader so I got the gist of the misplaced OP sequence, odd hey did that. I also have hope in this adaptation as well, don't disappoint A-1 with a Dark Alibaba again. :/
Oct 6, 2013 10:46 PM

Mar 2013
"I never though anyone would make a move on a woman before me...Aladdin, you are a true magi!" Best line in this whole ep...and the facial expression makes it 10x more better :)
I'm so happy that Magi came back! Especially happy I get to see Alibaba and Morgiana again...
Oct 6, 2013 11:17 PM

Dec 2010
EMChamp said:
Definitely looking forward to seeing that battle from the start play out. Seems like we will see a host of new forces joining the fray this season including what look to be Quakers. As a non-manga reader knowing nothing about the series I was caught by surprise by the first season and certainly did not expect to like the show as much as I did from the synopsis.

My takeaway from this episode:

• Epic Battles be in store
  • Romance in Magi??
  • Story seems poised to go all Game of Thrones in scale this season

[

okey i read your review of the episode 1 and am glad you are liking the " behind the scene facts and reasons behind crisis " of magi .

so first of all , you are definitely a magi manga material and you will like this season very much if the story progression goes as per the manga. a political game between 3 overpowering empire of the world with a mysterious magical academy on the loose and how the organization has their plans ready this time will be enjoyable for you with some epic battles as all of these are already hinted in episode 1 . and you were kind of right about the comparison of magi with the 2 references shows you gave in your blog review. but the romance part is not the focus of this season that much unless A1 does something original.

also if you liked the inherent mystery of the solomon and alma toran then you will find a lot to enjoy from this season "if they do justice to the manga " which am highly doubtful of after skipping too much good material from season 1.

balbadd arc had an amazing execution in terms of battle shounen in manga format . if you think so then wait for more of interesting thought provoking events to come.... so i think you should be updated to the manga starting from chapter 1.

hope you like the series .
headless_nickOct 6, 2013 11:30 PM
Oct 6, 2013 11:37 PM
Aug 2013
So are they really skipping the Pirates arc?? that's what I heard anyway

Aladdin you smooth smooth kid~ :D

and that "path" that Sinbad chose, this is getting me worried, especially at what Masrur said in Magi chapter 200
Oct 6, 2013 11:59 PM

Apr 2010
Epic start though the beginning was too spoilerish for non manga readers...
Sharrkan laughing his ass off xD BEST!
Sinbad's plans are mysterious but I don't think he will turn out evil in the end... well I hope so...
Oct 7, 2013 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
FloralHimegimi said:
So are they really skipping the Pirates arc?? that's what I heard anyway

Aladdin you smooth smooth kid~ :D

and that "path" that Sinbad chose, this is getting me worried, especially at what Masrur said in Magi chapter 200

I sure as hell hope not! Hakuryuu completely steals the stage in that one.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 7, 2013 12:27 AM

Sep 2012
Salxer said:
Candor said:
Salxer said:
I wonder what country Magnostadt is supposed to be,
You mean the country it's based on? It'll become more obvious once you reach it, based on the city, its people, especially its leader, and the words they use, but for now keep in mind what Yamu said in this episode about the coup d'état. Another info you should know is Its previous name, which was Al-Mustashim Kingdom. It was mentioned before.
(I'd rather let people figure it out themselves than someone tell it to them. Some will find it interesting, some will find it funny, some will deny it)

I forgot about it's previous name,now that you mention it and the other thing Dunya said,it's pretty easy to guess.

It's people,leader and words they use?now I'm interested.Hope they adapt this arc well.

IronLobsterOct 7, 2013 12:35 AM

Oct 7, 2013 1:48 AM
Oct 2011
IronLobster said:
Salxer said:
Candor said:
Salxer said:
You mean the country it's based on? It'll become more obvious once you reach it, based on the city, its people, especially its leader, and the words they use, but for now keep in mind what Yamu said in this episode about the coup d'état. Another info you should know is Its previous name, which was Al-Mustashim Kingdom. It was mentioned before.
(I'd rather let people figure it out themselves than someone tell it to them. Some will find it interesting, some will find it funny, some will deny it)

I forgot about it's previous name,now that you mention it and the other thing Dunya said,it's pretty easy to guess.

It's people,leader and words they use?now I'm interested.Hope they adapt this arc well.

The hints we have from this arc heavily points out to one possibility, and it's not Nazi-Germany. Maybe some nazi-esque stuff are thrown in there, but if you look at the general picture, the country Magnostadt is based on is obvious as hell. Want a small hint?
Oct 7, 2013 2:30 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
IronLobster said:
Salxer said:
Candor said:
Salxer said:

The hints we have from this arc heavily points out to one possibility, and it's not Nazi-Germany. Maybe some nazi-esque stuff are thrown in there, but if you look at the general picture, the country Magnostadt is based on is obvious as hell. Want a small hint?

Oct 7, 2013 2:30 AM

Jul 2010
Sinbad is such an interesting character.
Oct 7, 2013 2:58 AM

Jan 2011
Nice opening with great animation of the moving charas, but really boring ending. =/ And the intro of this season showed way to much what will happen.
Oct 7, 2013 5:02 AM

Jun 2011
"Let me eat it for you." LMAO..
Aladdin made me lol whenever he goes to his chibi form xD
i liked the episode + OP and ED.. hopefully they will keep this quality and pace.
5/5
Oct 7, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
Nice start. I didn't mind the spoiler scene at the begining. I think the anime fans will get more interet about this now, but this is only my opinion.

I like the OP.

The animation is better than S1.
I have my fingers crossed for this adaption.
Oct 7, 2013 9:04 AM

Apr 2009
rebelakuma said:
That opening part where Aladdin summoned the "giants" is epic but somehow, it's too much of a spoiler already..
aria93 said:
Nice start. I didn't mind the spoiler scene at the begining. I think the anime fans will get more interet about this now, but this is only my opinion.

I like the OP.

CocoNoelle said:
Sinbad's plans are mysterious but I don't think he will turn out evil in the end... well I hope so...

i 100% disagree with all of you i didnt take a second look or guess at it until i came here
Oct 7, 2013 11:04 AM
Jul 2013
rebelakuma said:
aria93 said:

I like the OP.

CocoNoelle said:

Didn't like the beginning either, 100% agree.
Oct 7, 2013 4:22 PM

Jun 2010
That was not a bad episode but I don't even expect everything to go well. It's A-1 afterall. Considering how they fucked the first season there's no surprise if this season also goes down the hill after few episodes.

Anyways, good ep. Dunya will die soon </3 fk. Dat Alladin x Dunya moment :(

Well, base on the first sequence, I'm guessing the anime will end after
Actually, I hope they finish it up to chapter 199. If not then it will have a fucking another original ending. Sigh. Hoping for a two-cour series IF they will actually put much effort in the animation department in the upcoming episodes unlike the first season.
Oct 7, 2013 7:06 PM
May 2012
Aladdin > Sinbad in this episode.
Oct 7, 2013 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
buzz_start said:
Aladdin > Sinbad in this episode.
Sinbad > all, overall.
Oct 8, 2013 7:23 AM
Feb 2012
First off, Alibaba>Sinbad.

Secondly, the only reason I'm not dropping this mess of an adaption is because I want to see part of the events to come in animated form. That being said, the ending was good. I enjoyed it more than the opening, to be honest.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 8, 2013 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
Magi I missed you!!!!! Whoa dat spoiler : 0

Dat Op song!!!!

I miss those funny faces

Oh the other Magi's

Smooth move Aladdin

Dunya Oh no!!!!

ED sang by Aqua Timez I miss this group TwT.

Aladdin goes to Hogwar..... Maginosft to learn magic like Yamuhara?
I hope Alibaba, Morgianna goes with him. Will I see Hakuryu again?
Oct 8, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2009
Missed this show T V T
Oct 8, 2013 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
Want to butcher the source material? Give it to A-1 pictures!

They'll make you proud of that and rake in the cash on expensive overpriced BD's while raging the fans of the original source but that's OK since A-1 pictures still get praised by true morons who don't care for the original and it's fans and are pleased with so-called "original ideas" no matter how absurd they are.
Oct 8, 2013 11:46 PM

Feb 2008
Not sure if the prologue was needed. It was such a spoiler. Both about the war and Reim Empire. And they showed the other Magi, while they were only shadows in the manga. But that's no big deal I guess.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 9, 2013 2:01 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A couple of changes from the manga and it seems they might do some more original anime stuff. I do hope they try to stay closer to the manga this time and avoid some of that embarrasing animation they had the first season. There's no excuse with this series to go low budget.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2013 4:32 AM

Jun 2009
... ALADDIN!!

YOU!!!!

I'm jelly as fuck!

EDIT: Really like Kougyoku ^_^ Adorable as always. (Besides that psychotic first impression)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2013 8:16 AM

Dec 2011
Meh. It's a shame that Magi anime is so bad, considering that manga is so interesting.
Oct 9, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 2008
BIGGEST spoiler since the times of FT openings.
entauri.deviantart.com

Oct 9, 2013 3:35 PM

Oct 2010
Wow they really spoiled anime only watchers with that opening scene, now people know that exactly who is going to arrive at that battle.
Oct 10, 2013 11:18 AM

Jun 2013
Ikinari Climax? Nani Kore? (Climax immediately at the start? What is This?)

Great Start..Tough this start spoils things somewhat....you have to read manga version to understand what i mean...

Hahaha..Absolutely Great Start!!!! One The Best Fantasy Shounen Anime's Finally Started It's Second Season!!!!! This is Going to be so cool...and This Will be satisfying to many Peoples Anime Thirst to the deep in the Winter

Oioioi Sinbad....Well What we did expect from Different Kingdoms King...Full Scale Use Of Kougyo's infatuation towards him...small manipulation start....that is normal people's acting but still that left bad Taste in my Mouth
JarjaxleOct 29, 2013 3:29 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 10, 2013 2:14 PM

Dec 2012
The first ep was fine. The new opening was pretty good, but I think that the 2nd opening from last season was better. The ending song was fine. Such nostalgia at those little pics in the theme. The flash forward, was kinda a good idea; makes the anime more interesting.
3 Giants just freaking screaming their asses off, how can that now be exciting :3 This episode, the fast pacing was fine since, the dinner party for the anime isn't all that great.
Oct 10, 2013 11:56 PM

Jul 2009
neonBdragon said:
Fantastic first episode of the new season!!!

Sinbad just said one of my favorite quotes in this season so far.
"I never thought anyone would make a move on a woman before me...
Aladdin, you are a true magi!".

This was a great episode cannot wait for the next!!!

^utterly hilarious!
As for Sinbad I don't like this side of him, but it shows great character development...and he isn't some bumbling ladies man. I really enjoy him as a character. I'm really excited about this season, and this first episode did not disappoint. The only things I didn't care for was the OP. SID's song from the first season was just really dynamic and i guess a tough act to follow. I hope we'll still see plenty of morigana.
Oct 11, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2010
Wait, I feel like... they skipped some material? I can't make any sense out of some things... Kougyoku is so adorable, and I really liked the AliKou scene, I might be shipping them now xD Dunya is also sort of adorable.

I am not satisfied, it's awesome and all but I heard the manga is a masterpiece and when masterpieces don't get adapted the way they should then it is... Well, 9/10 anyways..
Oct 11, 2013 8:09 AM

May 2013
What the fuck is with all these spoilers
Oct 11, 2013 9:39 AM

Mar 2008
Spoilers everywhere... kinda hard to navigate the forum without getting spoiled...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2013 10:57 AM
Oct 2012
Finally it's back. I wait unpatiently for next episodes.
Oct 12, 2013 12:00 AM

Sep 2011
So they'll get separated and having their own journeys once again?

Oct 12, 2013 1:12 PM

Jan 2012
Tennouji_ said:
So they'll get separated and having their own journeys once again?

If you wanna know
Oct 13, 2013 7:04 AM
Feb 2013
Calumz said:
rebelakuma said:
aria93 said:

I like the OP.

CocoNoelle said:

i 100% disagree with all of you i didnt take a second look or guess at it until i came here

Exactly. Only people oblivious to any hints would not notice the giant (pun intended) spoilers they give off right from the start.
Oct 13, 2013 8:12 PM
Aug 2011
Besides having trouble getting past the mess up with Alibaba last season the show seems promising. Let's hope they can keep it closer to the source material all the way through this time. Even if they skip some.
Oct 14, 2013 12:59 AM

May 2012
What the fuck is with that opening scene...lol

Decent start tho. Can't wait for some action next week.
Oct 14, 2013 12:37 PM
Mar 2012
dunya and yam ova, make it happen
Oct 14, 2013 5:16 PM

Jun 2012
O/ It's back! I missed all the great characters of this series ^^

Well I'm really excited with where this is going, but I think I enjoy almost, if not every, aspect of this series. I'm just sad when they separate. . .

, and the best scene, when Sinbad saw and commented on Aladdin's "courting" of the princess xD

I hope I hear supercell again Nice ending song.

Oct 15, 2013 5:09 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm, what I'm expecting to see in this Magi 2 is Morgiana and Hakuryuu :D
But lol.. I just got spoiled.
Oct 16, 2013 8:58 PM
May 2012
Magi S1 was sortra meh to decent for me, hopefully this gets better. And I'm pretty interested to see what will happen when those three part ways.
Oct 24, 2013 11:32 AM

Oct 2012
Just rewatched the first season and 2nd seasons 1 episode.
There seemed to be lots of different countrys: Magnostadt, Fanalis, some gold armor empire and Aladdin fighting i think. I wonder what that was about considering the fact that Kou empire, Morgiana, Alibaba and Sinbad were still on their way.
Oct 27, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2011
Why is everyone so calm about Aladdin's little ero scene??? That was shocking to say the least!!
Joudan janai wa yo~!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.