Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2013 6:38 PM

Jan 2010
Oh my this was great
It was adorable, it wasn't rushed even though it was 1 episode long
I hope from all the praise its getting it turns into a full series
i love sucy and diana omg
Apr 1, 2013 7:21 PM
Apr 2013
I absolutely loved it. The way it was animated reminds me of some of the anime I loved to watch years ago. I only wish they would continue this because it has such an amazing setup that it could probably run a season of it and it would do just fine.
Apr 1, 2013 7:54 PM

May 2012
i feel like im watching Walt Disney the whole time :D
this anime is westernize from plot,bgm etc..

Apr 1, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2011
This was so much fun, i really hope they turn this into a movie or something cause i really enjoyed this. Since this was amde just to show off trigger's animation abilities i say it did more than it needed to in order to show that these guys know their shit, then again theses guys are just gainaix

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 1, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
It's been said several times already, but I would be so psyched for a full series!
Apr 1, 2013 8:24 PM

Sep 2008
What everyone else is saying.

Loved it, would like a full series.
Apr 1, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Psajdak said:
Diana - tsundere ojosama Draco Malfoy.

Draco is a coward, he acts tough, but ends up running away scared.
Diana kept charging in, all full of herself and her spells, she's more like Hermione. XD
Apr 1, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2010
Loved the expressions (especially the dragon's) and animation as a whole. Magical skirts yes, lol, but I will overlook that as I found the personalities of the witches in training quite interesting. Such a damn shame this is just a one shot but who knows in the future.
Apr 1, 2013 11:14 PM
Mar 2012
This was perfect. Diana is the best character and I wish she would show up more. Definitely would watch a full series of this. 10/10.
Apr 2, 2013 12:12 AM

May 2012
EXTREMELY beautiful. I'll probably watch this one again. Wasn't really looking forward to this, but sometimes I get proved wrong. I especially liked getting proven incorrect in this instance. Very much worth it.
Apr 2, 2013 3:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yep, that was fun!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 2, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2011
So people fight for a gay swimming anime but not this? Seriously judging people's morals right now. This was utterly amazing and has my substance than a damn commercial. Yes the commercial had beautiful animation but this? THIS!?! Jesus Heiwajima Shizou Christ This was utterly amazing
I got no time to do what I dont want to do
Apr 2, 2013 1:28 PM
Apr 2013
The animation is AMAZING, but I couldn't help but feel that the setting was nothing more than a Harry Potter homage. You have the main character, someone not from the wizarding world, Parvati and Lavender in the first class, a Hermione/Draco mashup (the two goons included), a wizard that can change her hair colour at will, the red-headed and freckled best friend, Rolanda Hooch teaching how to ride a broom... Even some of the lines are the same.

NecroNomix said:
So people fight for a gay swimming anime but not this? Seriously judging people's morals right now.

I think you mean 'taste', not 'morals'. I know it's probably an honest mistake, but people could misunderstand you.
Apr 2, 2013 1:41 PM

Mar 2012
That was really fun. Moe Harry Potter.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 2, 2013 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Somebody posted this on randomc.org
:3
Apr 2, 2013 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
Loved it. It needs its own series I would totally watch this :D
Apr 2, 2013 5:37 PM
Feb 2013
Has anyone other than GG subbed this yet?
Apr 2, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2010
Frontalbrise said:

>loli Diana

HHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

no seriously, that's awesome xD
Apr 2, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2007
Madcat6204 said:
Has anyone other than GG subbed this yet?

Yeah really, there's already an unfortunate level of douchebaggery surrounding what is actually sounds like a pretty interesting project (why pretentious intellectual wannabes always have to sour the fun of what basically amount to indie projects is beyond me) such that the worst thing ever to happen to fansubbing being the only option as they always seem to position themselves to be kind of makes it unbearable. I'd definitely check it out if it weren't for them as I love of the cough one shot animation projects.
Apr 2, 2013 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
What's wrong with gg?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 2, 2013 6:48 PM

Oct 2007
Baptism said:
What's wrong with gg?

They seem to think trolling and sharing their one sided 4chan inspired opinions and jokes on shows (hurr hurr this show sucks so we dropped it except not really x100) is more important than just shutting the hell up and subbing the damn show. Then again this is coming from someone whose opinion is that the best subtitles are ones that are simple and easy to read, convey the dialogue as concisely and in a manner that is easy for the audience to understand as possible and that are as accurate as possible. gg is pretty much the worst example for all three so I generally see them as attention seekers who think they are more relevant to peoples interests than the shows they are subbing and generally avoid them. They also have some really just flat out awful encoding too and have been caught deliberately bloating the file sizes of their 1080p releases as part of their "trolling".
Apr 2, 2013 7:24 PM
Sep 2011
Frontalbrise said:

Amazing the things you wouldn't notice the first time. So cute.
Apr 2, 2013 8:58 PM
Feb 2013
Baptism said:
What's wrong with gg?

They can't be trusted. Sometimes, apparently just because they think it's funny, rather than actually translate what the characters are saying they will replace it with some random trolling. I don't come to subs looking to be lied to, but that's exactly what they will do. They've proven multiple times that their releases can't be trusted, so I don't watch them any more.
Apr 2, 2013 11:06 PM

Apr 2012
so good
Apr 3, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2013
Unfortunately gg seem to be the only english group that subbed Young Animator Project/Anime Mirai yet. They subbed everything since 2010 and I am grateful for that. I watched some of it, I guess the YAP/AM Releases are save.
Apr 3, 2013 5:33 AM

Oct 2009
Really good and fluid animation. Lovely and refreshing
Apr 3, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2010
Sucy and akko rocked;)Is it just me or that that teacher was chariot?:D

9/10:)
Apr 3, 2013 7:09 AM

May 2010
Frontalbrise said:

Wow,so diana IS a Chariot fan:D haha love her now;)tsundere"
Apr 3, 2013 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
Diana = closet shiny chariot fan + tsundere ... she's rising higher in my ranks

I totally would watch the series if they made it. I already have in mind what it would be like, and it'd be fun.

So, if there is a god (and he's reading this forum): Please, make this happen.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 3, 2013 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
Interesting incorporation of anime style into the character design and setting that is very much western cartoon based. Sakuga is very very good, which also contains a mix of western style and Japanese style. Story-wise I think the sudden power-up of Akko is a bit too easy (just believe and even the hardest magic can be handled) and why Shiny Chariot got such a bad reputation is not really clarified. That said, a pretty entertaining half an hour. That's for sure.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 3, 2013 9:30 AM

Oct 2012
This was just fun to watch and would mind a full season just to watch more of Suzy
Apr 3, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2011
That was lovely, the animation, that fresh energetic feel. Made me happy just watching it. And all the goofy expression!
Apr 3, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2010
Great OVA, instant Classic,
If this was made into a series, I would hope it doesn't fail like BRS

I wonder how the other 3 projects are
Apr 3, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2010
Why can't we have full fledged full seasons/series of anime like this? That are this good.
Instead its nothing but fanservicey bull shit that gets more than 1 episode. Nothing original anymore.
Apr 3, 2013 9:12 PM

Sep 2012
MoonFox said:
Instead its nothing but fanservicey bull shit that gets more than 1 episode. Nothing original anymore.
Hmmm.. some would say the story in this anime is nothing that original though...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 3, 2013 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
MoonFox said:
Why can't we have full fledged full seasons/series of anime like this? That are this good.

This was pretty mediocre. The writing was sub-par, the story was extremely overdone and boring material, the characters were uninspired, the setting was uninteresting and generic, and I could keep going on - but the point is this wasn't all that good. Hell, it was mediocre AT BEST.

The only thing that stands out about this is the animation - and even that only stands out because it wasn't done by professionals. Compared to the stuff the industry pumps out this looks average to below average.

If you want hollow empty stories and lifeless characters like this becoming the norm then you're asking for the industry to be even worse than "fanservicey bullshit" (which, by the way, is nothing close to what most anime is) and for it to kill itself off.

All in all, compared to professionally done work, the writing here was pathetic and the animation was average, there's no reason this deserves a TV series.
TallonKarrde23Apr 3, 2013 9:19 PM
Apr 4, 2013 12:59 AM
Oct 2009
That was a pleasant surprise. Well, this came from the creators of Inferno Cop, so I shouldn't have doubt it. These guys have potential!

Anyway, this is one is pretty simple and straight to the point, but it has one essential little element which many series fail to implement successfully: the fun. It reminds me of cheerful morning cartoons I used to watch. Of course, fun is extremely subjective, but you can definitely tell when actual effort is applied.
Apr 4, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
MoonFox said:

This was pretty mediocre. The writing was sub-par, the story was extremely overdone and boring material, the characters were uninspired, the setting was uninteresting and generic, and I could keep going on - but the point is this wasn't all that good. Hell, it was mediocre AT BEST.

The only thing that stands out about this is the animation - and even that only stands out because it wasn't done by professionals. Compared to the stuff the industry pumps out this looks average to below average.

If you want hollow empty stories and lifeless characters like this becoming the norm then you're asking for the industry to be even worse than "fanservicey bullshit" (which, by the way, is nothing close to what most anime is) and for it to kill itself off.

All in all, compared to professionally done work, the writing here was pathetic and the animation was average, there's no reason this deserves a TV series.

You're entitled to your opinions and taste in anime wherever it may lie on the spectrum.

What MoonFox I think was TRYING to get at was how a lot of anime today is made mostly for the small but dedicated otaku audience in mind so we tend to see the same tropes recycled or merely derivatives of each other. How many childhood friends do we know? How many girls with tsundere attributes do we see? How many big breasted klutzes do we know? The fact that new shows are pumped out every 3 months only accelerates the issue. These shows get made time and time again because the audience those shows appeal to are very dedicated and money talks in producers eyes.

This animation was average? Huh? You can honestly tell me this is WORSE or isn't more creative,animation and artwork quality wise, than some works A-1 or Studio Deen has put out in the past 5 years who are industry professionals? Magi, SAO, Blue Exorcist and Kore Wa Zombie would like to have a word with you. There aren't many anime that break from the "traditional anime look" we're accustomed to seeing. There is an obvious influence, however large or small it may be, of western animation in this OVA that is not present in most other anime.

You didn't like the setting that's fine but you'd have to slap some sense into me to remind me of other wizard schools akin to Harry Potter in anime that are relevant in today's anime market save for a few. My gist is this setting is hardly as tiresome as say a highschool environment.

http://www.sutoraikuanime.com/2012/04/sutoraikuanime-exclusive-interview-with.html - Source pertaining to Producers making anime with only Japanese audience in mind from ButchGen and makers of Fate/Zero, Madoka Magica
HybridMBLApr 4, 2013 5:41 AM
Apr 4, 2013 2:08 AM

Aug 2012
...whoa.

I forgot to comment here, but lemme just say that this was a refreshing piece of animation. It uses some tired tropes to construct a story, but I think the fact that the tropes aren't quite use (as blatantly obviously) as they were in their prime, makes it a bit nostalgic. I mean, when's the last time you've seen witches in an anime?

Enjoyed it for what it was, and hope that other work takes a good look at this.

Then again, I just realized they blew their entire budget on one episode, so this might not be a financially feasible move to make for a whole series...
Apr 4, 2013 4:24 AM

Apr 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
Compared to the stuff the industry pumps out this looks average to below average.
Apr 4, 2013 6:19 AM

Jun 2011
Except for the slightly above average animation nothing's outstanding. Meh.
irenika said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Compared to the stuff the industry pumps out this looks average to below average.
Apr 4, 2013 7:46 AM
Aug 2011
Based Trigger ;_;
Apr 4, 2013 9:27 AM

Jul 2010
I love Sucy's potion and explodes .It's really cool :D

Diana <3

9/10
Apr 5, 2013 2:23 AM

Mar 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
MoonFox said:

The only thing that stands out about this is the animation - and even that only stands out because it wasn't done by professionals. Compared to the stuff the industry pumps out this looks average to below avera

I lol'd. I see no value in this post anymore.
Apr 5, 2013 3:23 AM

Mar 2012
Ton times better than Arve Rezzle: Kikaijikake no Yoseitachi.
Apr 5, 2013 3:33 AM
Jun 2009
This was done by actual professionals though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14940

Anime Mirai seems more like a program that allows animators to work with an above average budget and decent working conditions/production schedule rather than actual training for new animators.

That being said, it's still the best looking Anime Mirai but isn't as far ahead Wasurenagumo and Kizuna Ichigeki as I expected it would be.
Apr 5, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
Trisection said:
program that allows animators to work with an above average budget and decent working conditions/production schedule rather than actual training for new animators.

TallonKarrde23 post was completely clueless, yes this was done by pros, the criteria for the project is that part of the key animation staff has to be young but they have a few years of experience as pros

The "young animators" were Hisao Dendō , Masaru Sakamoto, Shōta Sannomiya,Shūhei Handa andYūto Kaneko.

These guys are still pretty new to the industry.
all for fun.fun for all
Apr 5, 2013 5:21 AM

Jan 2011
This needs to become either a full series or movie, pronto.
Apr 5, 2013 4:06 PM

Mar 2008
symbv said:
Interesting incorporation of anime style into the character design and setting that is very much western cartoon based. Sakuga is very very good, which also contains a mix of western style and Japanese style. Story-wise I think the sudden power-up of Akko is a bit too easy (just believe and even the hardest magic can be handled) and why Shiny Chariot got such a bad reputation is not really clarified. That said, a pretty entertaining half an hour. That's for sure.

>sakuga
pls no

Akko wasn't really "suddenly powered up." I think you missed the director's message.

Shiny Chariot had a bad reputation because she used magic as a means to perform entertainment. Tricks/illusion, not "real" practical magic to be used by wizards. However, Akko dispels that belief in the end.
Apr 5, 2013 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
OH MAN... the latest seconds i was thinking "this is the end? o.o please no! -then it ended- WTF i wanted more D:"
this need to be longer :(
liked everything even if its cliche ,it was fun , entertaing and gorgeous
sucy best witch 'nuff said :D
i forget about diana loved her aswell :)
Feer19Apr 5, 2013 7:16 PM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» LITTLE WITCH ACADEMIA TV SERIES CONFIRMED

DatRandomDude - Jun 24, 2016

12 by alshu »»
Jul 11, 2022 7:05 AM

» Should I watch the movies?

Chrngb - Oct 16, 2019

3 by Kursan »»
Nov 23, 2021 3:10 PM

Poll: » Who's the best witch?

n0000ne - May 8, 2013

14 by OfficialEimee »»
Mar 28, 2021 1:18 AM

» The "Other" section

Steph - May 25, 2020

2 by gappasaurus »»
Jul 5, 2020 1:06 PM

» Dub?

GoldNautilus - Jul 16, 2016

2 by GoldNautilus »»
May 7, 2018 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.