Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
Nobody mentioned it so far, but I loved the way Jin was teasing Misaki in the beginning <3

Speech made me teary

and it looks like all went according to keikaku - get the public opinion on your side and they cannot demolish sakurasou w/o taking a hit to their reputation
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 19, 2013 1:35 AM

Oct 2012
Touching and very emotional episode, feels like true ending! 10/10
Mar 19, 2013 1:40 AM

Aug 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
UGLY SOBBING EVERYWHERE. I have never sobbed for a full seventeen minutes before. This show is too much. This was one of the most well made graduation scenes in anime that I've seen before. It was so. I just. ALL MY TEARS.

5/5 for this episode, the best episode of the series.

Mar 19, 2013 1:52 AM

May 2008
How come Mashiro and Rita knows how to sing this song when they were in England most their lives. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. When Jin grabbed Misaki , <3 .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 19, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2012
HOW DARE YOU STEAL MY TEARS FOR MY GRADUATION ON FRIDAY??!! HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!! GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2008
Not a bad episode, but it felt a bit too over dramatic and unrealistic to me. Nonetheless, it at least brought back some good Evangelion memories. 3.5/5, rounding up to 4/5, for this episode.
Mar 19, 2013 2:50 AM

Nov 2012
Best ep of the series hands down.

Quite tear-jerker.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Mar 19, 2013 3:01 AM

Oct 2011
I almost cried. It was beautiful!

Mar 19, 2013 3:24 AM

Oct 2011
The graduation scene from Azumanga Daioh still makes me cry more, but... I admit I got teary. :(
Mar 19, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
I just had the longest smile in my entire life.
RedgraveGilverMar 19, 2013 3:31 AM
Mar 19, 2013 3:47 AM

May 2011
This just emphasised how overdone the sad moments are in this anime. I've never seen so much tears in one scene. :D

Good episode, though now I wonder what they left for the last one. I'd like if they resolved the Shiina/Nanami thing, but somehow I have a feeling that won't happen.
Mar 19, 2013 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
*tears* :( Good episode best speech ever!

Mar 19, 2013 4:25 AM
Feb 2012
Stupid dust, getting in my eyes at the most annoying times...

5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 19, 2013 4:25 AM

Dec 2012
Why people say they cried from this episode is beyond me....(Monkey see Monkey do ?).
For a show that tried to focus on reality on it's second part this was very unrealistic.....

Dragon and Rita are awesome as always man i wish they were the main couple( or at least had more screen time like Jin & Misaki ) it would have been way better than that half assed love triangle.
Sorata annoying as fuck.. nothing new here.

What with the ridiculous melodrama and forced drama ? they act like that building is the only way for them to keep being friends....They are graduating not dying.

I don't get what happend to the drama part in this show it was actually good in the beginning ( EX: Rita and her feelings of inferiority towards mashiro and Dragon confronting her)
that was good and not forced or anything..
Mar 19, 2013 4:28 AM
Nov 2012
im crying :( the best anime i have ever seen :(
Mar 19, 2013 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
Really good episode. Loved it. Shed a few tears myself. I'm really hoping that the next episode "Welcome to Sakurasou" is a setup for a 2nd season. I don't know anything about the LN's though so i'm not even sure if the content is there. I need moar Shiina though <3
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Mar 19, 2013 5:51 AM

Jan 2012
tsudecimo said:
Why people say they cried from this episode is beyond me....(Monkey see Monkey do ?).
For a show that tried to focus on reality on it's second part this was very unrealistic.....

Dragon and Rita are awesome as always man i wish they were the main couple( or at least had more screen time like Jin & Misaki ) it would have been way better than that half assed love triangle.

What with the ridiculous melodrama and forced drama ? they act like that building is the only way for them to keep being friends....They are graduating not dying.

I don't get what happend to the drama part in this show it was actually good in the beginning ( EX: Rita and her feelings of inferiority towards mashiro and Dragon confronting her)
that was good and not forced or anything..

Indeed, a lot of forced feelings and drama. It's still quite a good show, I enjoyed it. But yeah, less cliche moments and less forced drama would have made it better.
Mar 19, 2013 6:01 AM

Nov 2009
Not sure how u guys define those feelings as "forced" one, normally in Asian countries, friends from highschool are always the closest and parting from them was always a very painful memory of mine. I shred tears after graduating from the highschool, when we all cheered for each other(some of them I've not seen their faces again in real life for years after graduating, except through social media).

Those feelings aren't really strong in Western countries(btw I'm studying aboard), but it's entirely different in Asian cultures. Especially if you know that Jin and Misaki were graduated students and they won't come back to Sakurasou or meet their juniors, friends for at least several years, each has a different path.

So, to sum up, those feelings were very natural for me. And Sakurasou acts as a "symbol" for their friendship, to tell everyone that there are people who live in Sakurasou, they have friends and dreams as well, they ain't freak. The speech hit me hard near the ending. Cliché then yes, but totally not "forced" feelings.
Takana_no_HanaMar 19, 2013 6:06 AM
Mar 19, 2013 6:05 AM

Dec 2012
This episode made me shed tears of manliness... loved it. I'm quite excited to see what's going to happen at the last episode.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Mar 19, 2013 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
For those who cried how exactly are your tears manly ? or is it is just an overused meme...
Mar 19, 2013 6:19 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, Dragon's awkward singing.

Mar 19, 2013 6:28 AM

Dec 2011
Loved the atmosphere in this episode.
9001/5
Mar 19, 2013 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
I'm thinking there will be a kiss next week, only way to top this. Idk if they will leave with the opening of Vol 7. Though a S2 would be nice, I'm not holding my breath on it.
Mar 19, 2013 6:51 AM

Jun 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
Not sure how u guys define those feelings as "forced" one, normally in Asian countries, friends from highschool are always the closest and parting from them was always a very painful memory of mine. I shred tears after graduating from the highschool, when we all cheered for each other(some of them I've not seen their faces again in real life for years after graduating, except through social media).

Those feelings aren't really strong in Western countries(btw I'm studying aboard), but it's entirely different in Asian cultures. Especially if you know that Jin and Misaki were graduated students and they won't come back to Sakurasou or meet their juniors, friends for at least several years, each has a different path.

So, to sum up, those feelings were very natural for me. And Sakurasou acts as a "symbol" for their friendship, to tell everyone that there are people who live in Sakurasou, they have friends and dreams as well, they ain't freak. The speech hit me hard near the ending. Cliché then yes, but totally not "forced" feelings.

The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard. Sakurasou may be a symbol of their friendship, but true friendship will live on despite physical separation. It is only Jin and Misaki who are graduating, and if I recall correctly Misaki isn't even going very far for college. While high school graduation was surely an emotional time for all who have experienced it, I doubt it would get to the point that we would break out screaming in the middle of the ceremony.

This isn't the only instance of contrived drama that I can think of. The entire second half of the show was filled with it. Initially, I brushed it aside because of how much potential the series showed in its first half, but it soon became intolerable. I simply cannot bring myself to be emotionally moved by scenes that don't feel genuine.
Mar 19, 2013 7:08 AM

Dec 2012
Luxanna said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard. Sakurasou may be a symbol of their friendship, but true friendship will live on despite physical separation. It is only Jin and Misaki who are graduating, and if I recall correctly Misaki isn't even going very far for college. While high school graduation was surely an emotional time for all who have experienced it, I doubt it would get to the point that we would break out screaming in the middle of the ceremony.

This isn't the only instance of contrived drama that I can think of. The entire second half of the show was filled with it. Initially, I brushed it aside because of how much potential the series showed in its first half, but it soon became intolerable. I simply cannot bring myself to be emotionally moved by scenes that don't feel genuine.

Yea exactly....
Mar 19, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
this was a very cleverly disguised, recap episode.

Emotion piled on top of the recap, completely disguised.

Well done.

over all, 3/5 for this episode.
it was good. but, i feel like it was a fairly cop out episode.
even though this probably how it went in the LN.

That's my opinion though.

I can see maybe a few ovas coming out of this.
Mar 19, 2013 7:29 AM

Jun 2010
What especially irks me is that Misaki's speech entirely contradicts Mashiro's remark in the last episode that Sakurasou is not the building itself, but the camaraderie between its tenants. This isn't a message that hasn't already been preached; I'm sure most of us are aware that true friendship knows no boundaries. At the end of the previous episode, I thought it was established that Sakurasou's physical destruction would be insignificant, and would at least give the series some moral value. Then along comes Misaki's speech and plea to not demolish the building. Everyone knows that reminiscing about memories, both good and bad, will awaken emotions attached to those events. That's exactly what the speech was intended to do, but if you consider how contradictory it appeared, that brings me back to the point that it is without basis and seems to exist only to evoke an emotional response.
Mar 19, 2013 7:30 AM

May 2009
Luxanna said:
The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard.

Jin and Dragon said near end of episode it was intentional.
Mar 19, 2013 7:34 AM

Jun 2010
bastek66 said:
Luxanna said:
The entire speech just seemed like an excuse to evoke an emotional response from the viewers, and it seems to have succeeded in that regard.

Jin and Dragon said near end of episode it was intentional.

I don't mean the viewers as in the audience at the ceremony. I am referring to us, the people who are watching the series.
Mar 19, 2013 7:37 AM
Jun 2008
Somehow watching this episode makes me felt very embarrassed >_<"
Mar 19, 2013 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
Luxanna said:

Urgh ... well in this case Sakurasou's residents are surely all "weirdos" , and that's just like Sakurasou should be, what do you expect?. This episode is the only good episode for me in the second half, cause guess what? The emo mc ruined it and it had already turned into a forced drama with shouting scenes in the second cour.

Sakurasou may be a symbol of their friendship, but true friendship will live on despite physical separation. It is only Jin and Misaki who are graduating, and if I recall correctly Misaki isn't even going very far for college.

Parting someone especially close friends, is always painful. It isn't strange when students burst into tears during and after the ceremony(search utube). Given more, they were moved by Misaki's speech and those shouting moments were just a little add-on. Just wondering if you have watch 5cm/s, you should know that even love can hardly withstand long distance, and yeah their friendship will live on but it doesn't hurt if you shred a little tears. Whether she's gonna study far or not, one thing for sure that Misaki and Jin will hardly have any times to visit Sakurasou. I'd say those screaming scenes were cliché.
Mar 19, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2008
5/5 for this episode. I T_T for almost 1/2 of this episode XD
and I really love Misaki's speech.
cant wait for the last episode next week & I season2

Mar 19, 2013 7:57 AM

Aug 2011
That was... a really beautiful episode. TT^TT
Mar 19, 2013 8:05 AM

May 2010
13 people hated it??????????????????????how is it possible..It was so damn good.
Mar 19, 2013 8:11 AM
Oct 2009
Luxanna said:
What especially irks me is that Misaki's speech entirely contradicts Mashiro's remark in the last episode that Sakurasou is not the building itself, but the camaraderie between its tenants.

tsudecimo said:

Very good points! I can't relate to people who freak out because the dorm is gonna be destroyed. Nanami has to go anyway because she failed her audition, and Jin and Misaki are graduating, so that wouldn't even leave too many of the group in the end.
Mar 19, 2013 8:23 AM

Jul 2010
neonBdragon said:
bastek66 said:
So, kiss next week...
WE ALL WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!!!
That would be the perfect ending to this anime.

Mar 19, 2013 8:36 AM

Apr 2012
Misaki's speech was really emotional and touching, as was the rest of the graduation ceremony. It felt a little too perfect for my liking though, but again, that's just the kind of anime Sakurasou is, I guess ^^

I liked the scene at the end, where they'd all been kicked out - even Chihiro who is a teacher XD
Mar 19, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2008
That makes 2 tears-jerking episodes in a row!!! Never anticipate Misaki to pull off such an inspiring speech. Best graduation ceremony since K-On season 2!! 5+/5 for this episode again!!

Please make this finale the best as well.
Mar 19, 2013 8:48 AM

Jun 2010
I find it ridiculous that they will ruin and disrupt the flow of a graduation ceremony for their wish. I feel sad for the rest of graduating students.

I thought the speech was....cliche.

Drama? Where? I don't even...

I don't get how you guys cried from this!

I like the use of the op song when Kanda stood up.

Last episode next week. So I guess I can't give it a score more than 6. Too bad it went from awesome to bad.

ShoutaAzuma said:
That makes 2 tears-jerking episodes in a row!!! Never anticipate Misaki to pull off such an inspiring speech. Best graduation ceremony since K-On season 2!! 5+/5 for this episode again!!

Please make this finale the best as well.

Not even close to K-ON's. I wasn't touched because It felt like there weren't really any formed bonds between them. With Sorata being a dick everytime and Shiina being a scatterbrain in the first half. They all fought a lot. I'm not saying that those break their bonds but it felt like the drama moments were superior than the fun moments. I can't really explain it properly but yeah..
-MgZ_Mar 19, 2013 8:52 AM
Mar 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Mar 2013
I cryed. :c

^
Lol wut?
ZpektreMar 19, 2013 8:58 AM
Mar 19, 2013 9:20 AM

Aug 2011
-It was emotional, but wasn't to the point of tearjerking (the buildup to this wasn't enough, and the atmosphere still wasn't so emotionally charged as to cause me to tear up)

-I also find their speech and actions during the graduation ceremony rather implausible

-However, this is nonetheless still quite a good episode.
Mar 19, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2009
-MgZ_ said:
---

Well obviously the producers aren't god, they can't make everyone happy. Overall it depends on how the audience actually feel, some may feel it touching, the others don't. But skimming through the thread's comments and poll, I believe that this episode was a great success, it maintains or even better, boosts the score on MAL.

You don't have to agree with the majority whether it was touching or not, but it's pointless trying to convince them to feel the way you do.

The only thing I dislike about the show is Sorata, he's such a whiner.
Takana_no_HanaMar 19, 2013 9:29 AM
Mar 19, 2013 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
Misaki's speech was surprisingly serious and very good i also liked the disturbance it caused.
The Facility could not handle there loss against the students and it seems the dorm will be around for a while they have to think of something for the building tho maybe something new.
Since there should be something for students who simply don't fit into the normal dorms.
Mar 19, 2013 9:32 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
13 people hated it??????????????????????how is it possible..It was so damn good.
(shrug) subjective opinion. As for me, as I indicated in my first post I was very amused that a stuffy graduation ceremony got out of hand, but otherwise I didn't think to much one way or another about the episode, or the speech itself. (Mind you, I went to my highschool graduation only because They told me I wouldn't graduate if I didn't, I only went to my college graduation because my girlfriend talked me into it, and I skipped my Masters 'graduation')
Mar 19, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2010
Misaki's speech is so out of context and over dramatic..... And Teachers vs Student moment was lame....

But still rather enjoyable episode... And also emotional one... Even though they are forced....

3.5/5
Mar 19, 2013 9:57 AM

Jun 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
-MgZ_ said:
---

Well obviously the producers aren't god, they can't make everyone happy. Overall it depends on how the audience actually feel, some may feel it touching, the others don't. But skimming through the thread's comments and poll, I believe that this episode was a great success, it maintains or even better, boosts the score on MAL.

You don't have to agree with the majority whether it was touching or not, but it's pointless trying to convince them to feel the way you do.

I think the problem is more on the original material than the producers. You are right, it maybe touching for others but not me. Though I won't call it a success just from this thread's result.

Yep, I didn't agree to the majority AND I am not trying to convince them to feel the way I do. I was just honestly expressing what I felt about this episode ( which I am free to do so ), I think you misunderstood me.
Mar 19, 2013 10:03 AM

Nov 2009
What a BRILLIANT EPISODE!!!

I have to say that I haven't cried in a long time and Misaki's speech was emotional and honest.

Next week is the Grand Finale!!!

Looking forward to the next episode!!

Mar 19, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2012
ShoutaAzuma said:
Best graduation ceremony since K-On season 2!!

didnt expect misaki will do the speech, and tbh i did cry lols...
and ryuunosuke is the best guy in this series..

Mar 19, 2013 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
the show started out great, but it has got quite ridiculous after midway. seriously, these characters can do whatever they want cant they. lets hijack the graduation ceremony!

and the students? -> somehow i feel like cheering for sakurasou too! just...just because everyone else's doing it too! even though i probably don't even know what's going on! let's all throw flowers! funny stuff

ah well i didn't really expect much from light novel adaptations anyways
Mar 19, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
-MgZ_ said:
---

I think the problem is more on the original material than the producers. You are right, it maybe touching for others but not me. Though I won't call it a success just from this thread's result.

Yep, I didn't agree to the majority AND I am not trying to convince them to feel the way I do. I was just honestly expressing what I felt about this episode ( which I am free to do so ), I think you misunderstood me.

It is not successful anyway it has shit dvd sales IIRC so chances for a second season are pretty slim.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do You Remember This Anime?

Fantom_Slayer - Sep 5

37 by nekomisa »»
Sep 15, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

642 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2012

245 by Megumin_SatouS2 »»
Aug 18, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2012

266 by Jeelan_oh_man »»
Jul 28, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.