Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 25, 2012 8:37 AM

Aug 2011
dchoy said:
Another example I would throw out there is Baka and Test. Everyone and I mean everyone ships Minami (Shimada) but we all know that the main character will probably choose Himeji in the end for some reason none of us viewers will ever comprehend.

I never shipped Akihisa with anyone other than Himeji! o.0, Himeji >> Minami IMO..., i mean to start with, the anime is about the both of them, its a love story about Akihisa and Himeji and the same could be said for Sorata and Shiina. Everyone else in the story is there to provide support and/or add rivals. So no one should be disappointed in the final pairings when it was shown from the start what it was gonna be.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 25, 2012 10:39 AM
Aug 2011
Turning out to be surprisingly good.
Comedy had me laughing like crazy.
5/5
Oct 25, 2012 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
dchoy said:
Naxrrhid said:
So thinking back on how this episode was..., I started to wonder something about Shiina. Would she have gone to a Love Hotel with any man just to get the experience? She didnt care about what would have happened? :S..., somehow tht doesnt sit right with me knowing how Sorata feels about her. What do you guys think...

She pretty much made that apparent when she was chewing out Sorata. She said she is doing all of this for the sake of her manga; nothing else matters. It's weird that it somewhat inspires Sorata. I think it would be hard being with a girl like Shiina who doesn't truly express how she feels. Yeah okay we get it that your manga is important but is it more important than your safety?

Actually I think despite the Denpa-ness of Shiina, she knows what she is doing more than people think. She may think not like the usual "commonsense people" (to which Sorata belongs) but she is not really acting all stupid. I have a feeling that she is not going to Love Hotel with just any guy she can find. She asked first Sorata and then Jin because she knew they would not do anything to her besides helping her.

And I just love the scene when Shiina, whom Sorata (and most of the audience who are also the "commonsense people") think cannot think for herself because she cannot take care of herself, managed to turn the table and exposed Sorata for what he is -- apparently knowing what things should be (girl should not go to love hotel etc) but in fact have the least idea of what he wants (if he said he is too busy to be with Shiina that day then why he suddenly has time to get involved with what she wants to do?). This is such a bullseye hit to Sorata that it jerks him from keeping himself wrapped in his own excuses. The Shiina's talk back would not have been so powerful without Sorata being first shaken up by Jin earlier -- although for that part I kind of sympathized with Sorata because he came to Jin for advice but instead got taken apart mercilessly by Jin who removes one by one his excuses for not having a target to aim for.

I think Sorata may have developed a bit of feeling towards Shiina but that is mostly because of her good look and mystique, but the feeling is very vague now. On the other hand, Nanami clearly has feelings towards Sorata. As for Misaki and Jin, I would say they both love each other but their love manifests itself in very different way. That Misaki declares she loves Jin should not be a surprise -- in ep.2 it should already be very clear this is the case. Misaki's love towards Jin is straightforward - she wants Jin to be her boyfriend to the point she is offering herself to him. For Jin, it is more complicated. I believe the keyword for him is in the title - Being too close that it becomes far. Jin said these words when he bought a keychain that seems to be for Misaki (while sneaking a peak at Misaki and Sorata hidden not far behind). Just by that I am convinced that Jin did not want to drive Misaki away. Instead I get the feeling that he thinks the status quo is the best way to minimize any potential damage that he may inflict on Misaki (his joke about wanting to attack Misaki if he goes back to Sakuraso now may not be for real but it shows how he is not confident about himself and how he should expresses his love towards Misaki) while still staying near Misaki. I suspect this feeling of Jin may have something to do with some history when Jin and Misaki were childhood friends but we don't know much about that now. And because he is not able to find a solution for his love, he devotes his attention to loveless sex which does not need to involve his true feeling.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 25, 2012 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
" I meant to take one in the face, but you know. Reflexes."

haha love it.
Oct 25, 2012 6:39 PM

Mar 2012
Ugh, this is the kind of show where waiting for the next episode is hell. I'm going to get my hands on those novels.
Oct 25, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
More to this show than just fanservice. I'm starting to like the characters more.
Oct 26, 2012 2:03 AM

Sep 2012
Trailer of ep.4 is out

According to the official twitter some of the staff who saw ep.4 only for the first time cried after watching it...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2007
Good episde. The scenes when was the ending was fun. Waiting for next episode.
Oct 26, 2012 7:06 AM

May 2011
This episode really left me in deep thought. Everyone else has their goals. What about mine?

Loved this episode. It has both comedy, romance and a serious side to it.
Oct 26, 2012 9:12 AM

May 2008
I guess Jin does not want to be too close to Misaki cause he is afraid he would do her LOL.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 26, 2012 10:00 AM

Dec 2010
symbv said:
Trailer of ep.4 is out

According to the official twitter some of the staff who saw ep.4 only for the first time cried after watching it...

Crying huh...well judging from the scene it seems they still haven't resolved the conflict which means his answer wasn't one she liked.
Oct 26, 2012 10:57 AM

Jul 2010
Really a great episode! So much character development and hints at a surprising amount of depth in the story.

For more, see my review on my blog.
Oct 26, 2012 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty obvious that baiting Sorata was Jun's plan all along. He knew they were there from the start. Nice 'punch' too.

I'm liking the direction this show is taking. It's sad (Misaki's heart break), but also very interesting. I have a feeling Sorata won't be leaving in the end...

Oct 26, 2012 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
Loved this episode, one of my favourite episodes from all anime this season
Oct 26, 2012 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
Well, I think Sorata will remain staying at Sakurasou. I mean what's the series gonna be if he's really leaving, imho..
Keep moving forward
Oct 26, 2012 10:21 PM

Sep 2012
2easy4AgEnT said:
Well, I think Sorata will remain staying at Sakurasou.

That is a given, right? Even if he moves out it will surely be temporary. I don't see how the story can go on if he is to move out permanently.

Onyxthegreat said:
Pretty obvious that baiting Sorata was Jun's plan all along. He knew they were there from the start. Nice 'punch' too.

Except that the punch is not really in Jun's plan ;-)

Oct 27, 2012 12:24 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
Trailer of ep.4 is out

Guess the drama will be intense. Still Mashiro in the following,

in Yukata with the milky skin goes well. The colors seem to have been fine picked.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 27, 2012 2:59 AM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode again. I still love all of the characters. This episode presented depth in their feelings, and Sorata learned a lot. I don't understand why he decided to leave, though, even in his perspective. I am again looking forward to episode 4.
5/5 for sure.

Oct 27, 2012 4:42 AM
Jan 2012
episode was great. didn't expect how this anime would turn. first episode was full of comedy, second was half, and third was pretty much drama with only a few moments of comedy. Still great. Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 27, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was good and a little emotional. 5/5

I feel bad for Misaki,poor girl.Why playboy-kun always plays with the girls?He likes Misaki, doesn't he?why????
Sorata !! Why you want to leave Sakurasou ??!!

I'm confused ..

I can't wait for the next episode
Oct 27, 2012 2:56 PM

Aug 2011
myd10oz said:

I'm confused ..

He wants to leave cuz he feels like he doesnt belong there. He has no special talent and everyone around him is on another level. He is just an ordinary person standing among extraordinary ppl (esp Shiina).
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 27, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
Naxrrhid said:
myd10oz said:

I'm confused ..

He wants to leave cuz he feels like he doesnt belong there. He has no special talent and everyone around him is on another level. He is just an ordinary person standing among extraordinary ppl (esp Shiina).

Exactly. He feels like he is a fish out of water there and the constant reminder of his own mediocrity makes him depressed. I find his self-awareness about the overwhelming amount of "boring" his existence exudes to be refreshing for a boring, milquetoast protagonist. Hopefully he will discover that compassion and empathy make him rather extraordinary, or something like that...
Oct 27, 2012 10:57 PM

Aug 2011
zensunni said:
Naxrrhid said:
myd10oz said:

I'm confused ..

Exactly. He feels like he is a fish out of water there and the constant reminder of his own mediocrity makes him depressed. I find his self-awareness about the overwhelming amount of "boring" his existence exudes to be refreshing for a boring, milquetoast protagonist. Hopefully he will discover that compassion and empathy make him rather extraordinary, or something like that...

I'm thinking it will just be Shiina asking him to stay because she can't be there without him...., im hoping for something insanely epic!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 28, 2012 3:02 PM

May 2011
So Sorata has finally made up his mind and decided that he's going to move out. And it looks like Shiina is going to be really sad about this awww. I can see the next ep being really epic and dramatic dealing with this whole situation. Things sure can get tense in this anime with how Misaki feels too, and lol I can see why Jin doesn't want to get too close though.

Lmfao that scene along with that "ahh" by Sorata when he got counter punched was fucking hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing because of that haha.
Oct 28, 2012 5:13 PM

Jan 2012
the fan service is fully hot...!!!!!
i like it when Sorata rush over to punch Jin, although in the end he is the one that's being punched lol. btw i always wanted to know how does it feel to wake up on top of girl's lap LOL

i think this anime will be another one with deep drama.. i think?
Oct 29, 2012 10:48 AM

Oct 2011
Mannnnn!!!!! This episode is SO FRICKIN' AMAZING!!!!
It's been so long to see such an episode like this!!!!
JC Staff doin' quite well this time!!!!!
Signature
Oct 31, 2012 11:50 AM

Sep 2009
This episode is very funny bcoz of Misaki but sad at the near ending bcoz of what she have seen.. But I think she's going to be my favorite in this series :)
Nov 11, 2012 10:05 AM

Oct 2012
Sorata: what were you thinking?!
Shiina: about the earth
Sorata: thinking big aren't we?!

That was hilarious
Nov 13, 2012 12:04 AM

Apr 2009
That's one sobering talk in the dead of night. Indeed he had to decide his future for himself and stop joking around.

Why do I find Misaki so annoying, though? The relationship lines are already clear this early. I'd root for Nanami, but I know she really has no chance in a show like this...

Just as planned, huh. The joke's on Sorata all along. Why does this episode feel like a cour-ender episode? That was unexpectedly emotionally charged.
Dec 11, 2012 6:38 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode.
Sorta needs to have an hobby or,his decisons get worse.
Sorta should of go out of date with Shiina...
Found a refrence around 14:45-14:51 dangos
5/5
Dec 17, 2012 10:48 AM
Jul 2012
dango
Mar 14, 2013 1:49 AM

Feb 2010
This episode took an abrupt turn for drama. I liked the underlying message even if it was a bit forced.
Mar 26, 2013 12:18 AM

Nov 2008
Beautiful animation... and seems like Sorata's leaving, eh.
Mar 30, 2013 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing anime... seriously, wow.
Apr 9, 2013 3:52 AM

Sep 2012
...I'm rooting for Misaki-senpai and Jin-san now.
May 9, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2012
Another great episode, this anime gets better by the episode! Really nice development, slightly ecchi as usual which is rather nice in its own way! I do wonder if Jin ever will be together with Misaki!

The ED with the towels was pretty funny :p

Lets see what happens next!
May 9, 2013 6:07 PM
May 2013
Dat fake sleeping =3
Jun 5, 2013 4:25 AM

Sep 2011
I'm sure Sorata won't leave, but still, he better not fucking leave >:(

I loved how Mashiro put all those blankets on Sorata, even the one she was wearing :)

Poor Misaki :( I really hope Misaki and Jin will also get together by the end.
Lol at Jin saying that she would fuck Misaki silly if he saw her depressed. I was like wtf, I didn't really expect this show to be so blunt about these things at first :S

Nanami is a nice girl, but her voice when she gets angry is pretty irritating.
RazielZeroJun 5, 2013 6:00 AM
Jul 9, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2013
I took a few things out of this episode:

1). I'm surprised that he is moving out.

2). Jin is quite the player and quite the ass, while being somewhat cool, hopefully Misaki cheers up.

3). This series is much, much better than I ever anticipated, and I look forward to finishing it.
Aug 17, 2013 1:19 PM
Aug 2013
Good episode, Jin was hilarious.

"If I see her depressed, I'll want to fuck her silly"
Aug 30, 2013 6:01 PM

Nov 2009
This was a bit better, the main character is starting to ... develop, although he is still pretty bland. The female MC is kind of confusing, does she care about the male MC (I feel she does) but at the same time her words make it sound like anyone would do.

Anyways it sucks for the hyper alien girl, Jin seems to like her yet all he is doing is making her cry. Not really sure why.
Nov 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
Aww, the jealousy in this episode was too cute.
Dec 8, 2013 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
This is such a awesome series I feel really bad for Misaki I hope they end up together in the end bc if they dont that would just suck.

Same for Sorata n Shiina they make such a cute couple together but only time will tell.
Feb 16, 2014 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, Misaki broke my heart... :(
When she was crying on the bridge...

I was pretty sure that Jin plan was to make Sorata appear. He didn't seem interrested in Shiina.

Poor Nanami, Shiina is always so confusing xD

That scene in the bathroom... Seriously, she give him so much occasion to fuck her, that could get abused so easily... It make me sad.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 14, 2014 9:42 AM

Jan 2012
This is really good...and that energetic girl is Minorin 2.0
Mar 15, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2012
Wasn't the biggest fan of this. The drama felt forced. The Misaki/Jin part made a little sense, but everything to do with Sorata in this ep was blegh. He's a good tsukkomi, but I hope this isn't reflective of his future contributions to any drama.
Mar 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2011
Aww Misaki :(( I felt so horrible seeing her in tears :(
May 8, 2014 9:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Misaki getting milkafied by Sorata lol

Sorata jumps down the stairs to punch Jin but he gets stopped short by his Jin's punch.
He wakes up in the hotel, laying down on Shiina's lap, gets up and hits his head with hears lol

Poor Misaki, feel bad for her.

May 26, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
Instant turn around. The first two episodes were pretty bad but this episode really just changed my opinion of the show.

IDK why I'm loving the mall setting...
May 27, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
Ok now i hate Sorata,he is being such a retarded omg.Poor Shina :/ Nanami is suffering too by his fault,he is so stupid!
So it seems that Jin have some feelings for Misaki but he can't tell her about them.They would look awesome together ^^
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.