Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2012 7:58 AM

Jan 2010
Where's Kira at?

He should be #1 in all categories.
Ok™
Oct 7, 2012 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
dtshyk said:

Best TV Anime
*1, Fate/Zero
*5, Hyouka
*7, Sword Art Online
10, Mawaru Penguindrum

Best Movie
1, K-On! Movie

Best Theme Song
2, "to the beginning" (Fate/Zero)

Best Actor
2, Kamiya Hiroshi

Best Actress
2, Sawashiro Miyuki
3, Hanazawa Kana

Best Sound Effect (Top 3)
1, Kajiura Yuki (Fate/Zero)

Best Female Character
3, Chitanda Eru

I'm glad for those.

Wow, too many Idolm@ster related.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2012 7:59 AM

Jul 2011
Tari Tari and Mouretsu Pirates! :D

But best mecha design is Mouretsu? O.o

AND YES. Rider!!

Guess I should check out the iDOLM@STER.
Oct 7, 2012 8:04 AM

Jul 2012
MM-Rosiie said:

Guess I should check out the iDOLM@STER.
Oct 7, 2012 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Japan really loves their idols.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 7, 2012 8:15 AM

Feb 2010
Tari Tari surprises me up there, I may have to check that one out again.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 7, 2012 8:16 AM

Jun 2010
RyanSaotome said:
-MgZ_ said:
A-1 PICTURES IN NO.2 BEATING KYOANI? LOOOOOOOOOOL. LOL. Dafuq XD

Idolmaster and Sword Art Online in the last calendar year.

I see now. I guess it's fine if you look it that way. Still, it's a strange sight. Considering A-1 is doing bad with SAO............
-MgZ_Oct 7, 2012 8:28 AM
Oct 7, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
Goomoonryong said:
Where is Gilgamesh in top male characters... What the fuck D:

This. Gilgamesh should've been in the top 3 male characters.
Oct 7, 2012 8:23 AM

Aug 2012
Newtype readers have good taste.
Oct 7, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
Progeusz said:
Ejc said:
leesan said:
Don't understand why Haruka is even popular. IMO HATED HER CHAR, ranked her bottom of all the IM@S characters

That's one I found strange from the IM@S fans. I was expecting to see Miki or Chihaya more than Haruka.
It's not about iM@S fans but Japanese in general, they like main characters much more than us. Even if that isn't the case here, if every iM@S fan voted for his favorite girl it's possible Idols would take majority of top10 but none would get into top3, so fans decided to vote for main heroine.

I'm happy this thread encourages so many people to watch The iDOLM@STER. Have fun!

That's true. I didn't think of it that way.

Yeah that looks like so! I think some people in the West are turned off by iM@S at first because of the many amounts of female characters featured in the cover photo of the DB entry... which is a shame.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 7, 2012 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
Best TV Anime (Top 10)
*1, Fate/Zero
*2, The iDOLM@STER
*3, Nisemonogatari
*4, Tari Tari
*5, Hyouka
*6, Mouretsu Pirates
*7, Sword Art Online
*8, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
*9, Kuroko no Basket
10, Mawaru Penguindrum

Seriously? Fate/Zero I can see happening, but most of it no. I think this list was towards music people more.
TyrelOct 7, 2012 8:42 AM
Oct 7, 2012 8:38 AM

Mar 2010
Wow, Newtype readers must be blind/deaf.
I only agree on Rider as the best male character.
Also, I'll never understand people that praises Nisemonogatari that much, it's just a giant pile of fanservice imho...

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Oct 7, 2012 9:04 AM
Oct 2010
Best Actor (Top 3)
1, Ohtsuka Akio
2, Kamiya Hiroshi
3, Koyama Rikiya

Best Male Character (Top 3)
1, Rider
2, Araragi Koyomi
3, Emiya Kiritsugu

Ha Ha. The character and seiyuu on the same spot.
Oct 7, 2012 9:04 AM

Mar 2010
I agree with all of this except for the presence of anything nisemonogatari related
Oct 7, 2012 9:07 AM

Apr 2010
Lots of iM@S and I'm already happy
Oct 7, 2012 9:45 AM
Jun 2011
Some seems to be right, some seems to be not.

Oh well, that's newtype for us.
Oct 7, 2012 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
LOL. List of best TV anime is a complete joke.
Oct 7, 2012 10:12 AM

May 2009
Ridiculous. Top spots are shit. (not all but most)
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Oct 7, 2012 10:35 AM

Jul 2010
woot Sawashiro Miyuki!

Oct 7, 2012 10:36 AM

Mar 2009
FudgeNouget said:
You've gotta keep in mind that most poll people are girls (dont call me sexist XD)

All top 10 animes were expected :P

Not really sexist but... You do realize your comment makes like, no sense at all right? Because the top shows are all aimed at male viewers, excluding maybe Kuroko no Basket and Mawaru Penguindrum.
Oct 7, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2008
Yay for Fate Zero! :)

But whoah, is this Idolmaster show really that good?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 7, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2007
idolm@ster deserves all its awards. Go watch it and decide for yourself.
Oct 7, 2012 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
Not all of it was what i preferred, but at least Best TV Show, Best Studio, Best Actor, Best Sound Effect and Best Male Character got it about right. I'm happy with these results.
Oct 7, 2012 12:36 PM
Aug 2011
Sword Art Online and Best TV anime in the same category?

Sorry no. That is far too invalid.
Oct 7, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2010
Although I probably won't put it in the top three, IM@S actually deserves the praises.
Oct 7, 2012 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
idolm@ster that good? lets see.. *puts to PTW list*
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 7, 2012 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
honestly i didn't expect KnB to be at 9, could be at least at 6, and why is SAO lower than Tari tari, Hyouka, and Mouretsu?
Lol it looks like the sales don't mean crap.
Oct 7, 2012 1:07 PM

Aug 2011
What's with The iDOLM@STER winning almost everything? If it was taken completely out of the picture I probably would have agreed with most of the category rankings. The iDOLM@STER having a better scriptwriter than Fate/Zero is just plain bs.

Ugh, I won't even talk about how shitty the Top 10 list is, but I AM glad to see at least Fate/Zero getting its proper recognition. It was no doubt the number 1 anime from Autumn 2011 to Summer 2012. No doubt. I'm also happy to see Penguindrum on that list, but why the hell is KuroBas ranked so low compared to things like... SAO and Tari Tari for example?!

Lastly, my hype for Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki has shot up. BD/DVD please come out soon.
yamagoopOct 7, 2012 1:11 PM
Oct 7, 2012 1:11 PM

Oct 2007
fable said:
FudgeNouget said:
You've gotta keep in mind that most poll people are girls (dont call me sexist XD)

All top 10 animes were expected :P

Not really sexist but... You do realize your comment makes like, no sense at all right? Because the top shows are all aimed at male viewers, excluding maybe Kuroko no Basket and Mawaru Penguindrum.
Are you seriously trying to say Fate/Zero isn't aimed at women? With all Kirei-Gil homolust and naked Gil being face of the series? What about Hyouka? Naked Oreki was on screen much longer than Chitanda in onsen episode.

@itsvero, plot can be good without saving the world. Really.
Oct 7, 2012 1:21 PM

Aug 2011
Progeusz said:

Anything can be good, although it's very unlikely that The iDOLM@STER has a better plot than Fate/Zero.
Oct 7, 2012 1:23 PM

Mar 2009
dtshyk said:

*5, Hyouka
10, Mawaru Penguindrum

glad to see these two :')
Oct 7, 2012 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
fable said:

Actually, all of them are aimed at male viewers, all of them, every single one of them is male-oriented, but the thing is, girls watch that shit too, all of that crap listed there has female viewers, all of them, every single one of them. Just because an anime targets the male demographic doesn't mean girls won't like it or won't vote for it, at this point everyone knows that.

also FudgeNouget's comment make sense to an extent, girls are likely to vote in polls and surveys, there was an article somewhere giving more details about this subject, i'll post it when i find it.

Progeusz said:
Are you seriously trying to say Fate/Zero isn't aimed at women? With all Kirei-Gil homolust and naked Gil being face of the series? What about Hyouka? Naked Oreki was on screen much longer than Chitanda in onsen episode.

I wouldn't say it's aimed at women (One of the last animes i'd expect to be aimed at women, actually), but it has a good amount of female fans.
Downgrade355Oct 7, 2012 1:30 PM
Oct 7, 2012 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
It's funny how everyone thinks they know what should and shouldn't be on that list. In the end, everyone has different tastes...and it's only a list.
Oct 7, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2011
saxophone15 said:
It's funny how everyone thinks they know what should and shouldn't be on that list. In the end, everyone has different tastes...and it's only a list.

This. seriously, this. but unfortunately it's like you're talking to a wall of bricks.
Oct 7, 2012 2:14 PM

Nov 2008
wow it seems like Fate/Zero and The iDOLM@STER too everything
Oct 7, 2012 2:50 PM

Mar 2009
Progeusz said:

Sure the audience for Fate/Zero is fairly mixed. Yes, there are a few things thrown in for the female audience. I can't imagine that in any reality they were the main targets though.

Downgrade355 said:
Actually, all of them are aimed at male viewers, all of them, every single one of them is male-oriented, but the thing is, girls watch that shit too, all of that crap listed there has female viewers, all of them, every single one of them. Just because an anime targets the male demographic doesn't mean girls won't like it or won't vote for it, at this point everyone knows that.

Mawaru Penguindrum didn't really seem to be gunning for any particular demographic to me, but if you say so. And yes, girls do watch that stuff too, but the original comment seems to imply that these are girl-oriented shows... like 'yeah I'd expect these to be the results when mainly girls are voting', except that just plain doesn't make sense because these shows are not what you'd expect. I'm aware all these shows have female viewers and that some of them have quite a lot of female viewers, that was never in doubt, but are these the most popular shows amongst female viewers? I kinda doubt it.
ClaptrapOct 7, 2012 2:56 PM
Oct 7, 2012 3:22 PM

Nov 2011
The Idolmaster ftw.

They should make a movie for it.
Oct 7, 2012 3:42 PM

Feb 2012
lol Good to see Haiyore and Hyouka have a lot of fans in Japan :D
Oct 7, 2012 3:44 PM

Apr 2010
...Best? More like most popular.
Oct 7, 2012 3:51 PM

Aug 2011
This is why iDOLM@STER season 2 when?
Oct 7, 2012 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
I can die in peace now
Chitanda Eru & Araragi Koyomi is on top 3 Best Character both Male & Female :)
Oct 7, 2012 5:05 PM

Sep 2011
fable said:

Sure the audience for Fate/Zero is fairly mixed. Yes, there are a few things thrown in for the female audience. I can't imagine that in any reality they were the main targets though

Fate/Zero does have a female fanbase, although as you've said, they weren't the main target audience, the fanbase is predominantly male, the sequel to the series is based on an eroge, Fate/Stay night, there's also an official sequel to it, Fate/hollow Ataraxia.

fable said:

Mawaru Penguindrum didn't really seem to be gunning for any particular demographic to me, but if you say so. And yes, girls do watch that stuff too, but the original comment seems to imply that these are girl-oriented shows... like 'yeah I'd expect these to be the results when mainly girls are voting', except that just plain doesn't make sense because these shows are not what you'd expect. I'm aware all these shows have female viewers and that some of them have quite a lot of female viewers, that was never in doubt, but are these the most popular shows amongst female viewers? I kinda doubt it.

Mawaru Penguindrum seemed more Shoujo-ish to me, to be honest, but the later content kind of dismisses that.
also i'm not talking about this specific poll, girls generally are likely to vote in these surveys and sht, i'm still looking for that article (It's fairly credible btw, it gives you some details), but anyway, an anime isn't strictly aimed at one audience, i've seen many guys watch reverse harems and vice versa, it's just...you never know what attracts certain demographics.
Oct 7, 2012 5:59 PM
Mar 2011
HauntingShock said:

yup haiyore need another season.

Rider! awesome
"....i am the villain in this story"
Oct 7, 2012 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
amginex said:
HauntingShock said:

yup haiyore need another season.

Rider! awesome

Second season of Haiyore already been announced.
Oct 7, 2012 7:43 PM

Mar 2009
Downgrade355 said:

Fate/Zero does have a female fanbase, although as you've said, they weren't the main target audience, the fanbase is predominantly male, the sequel to the series is based on an eroge, Fate/Stay night, there's also an official sequel to it, Fate/hollow Ataraxia.

...I did say it had a female fanbase, didn't I? Yes I did. But yeah. Not the targets of the show.

Downgrade355 said:

Mawaru Penguindrum seemed more Shoujo-ish to me, to be honest, but the later content kind of dismisses that.
also i'm not talking about this specific poll, girls generally are likely to vote in these surveys and sht, i'm still looking for that article (It's fairly credible btw, it gives you some details), but anyway, an anime isn't strictly aimed at one audience, i've seen many guys watch reverse harems and vice versa, it's just...you never know what attracts certain demographics.

Right, but basically Mawaru Penguindrum was not targeted primarily at a male audience so. yeah. Not all of the shows on the list were targeted at males like you said then. okay.

Well... I was talking about this specific survey, and the content within it. I can't really say anything about your comment that girls are more likely to vote in surveys, because you said you saw an article and well that's pretty much all I know about that. Have I seen this info, and have I read any proof of it? Well no. Does that mean more girls vote in every survey? No. Does it mean more girls voted in this survey? No. What's even in this information on the survey, what kind of surveys do girls vote more on? Do anime surveys not receive different crowds than typical surveys? I think they would. Frankly, there's not enough information there for me to take anything from.

...You can actually be pretty aware what shows attracts the majority of a crowd most of the time. You don't stand back, see that harems attract male viewers and reverse harems attract female viewers and wonder 'why would they possibly make these choices i am so confused'. There are elements that make up a tv series and that generally shift the viewers into certain groups of people. Yeah, all kinds of people watch a show, I have said this and it seems like you don't think I know it, but that doesn't change the fact shows generally have certain types of people making up the majority of their viewership.

and regardless of that my original post here was just... you know.
user: these certainly seem like shows girls would vote for
me: not really
that is literally all I wanted to say.
ClaptrapOct 7, 2012 7:49 PM
Oct 7, 2012 8:34 PM
Mar 2012
Fate/Zero deservingly raped the polls....though i think little underrated gems such as Sakamichi no Apollon, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Uchuu Kyoudai should have been put there as opposed to Haiyore Nyaruko and Sword Art Online which totally didn't deliver

BUT MAH BRO WON THE BEST CHARACTER AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and guys, if u think Mawaru Penguindrum is too shoujo, think again, since its probably one of the most mindfucking anime i've ever seen (yes, even more mindfucking than Madoka)....i just had a problem with its ending, which was rife with plotholes....but all in all, it was still an engaging watch....
KingofConquerorsOct 7, 2012 8:40 PM
Oct 7, 2012 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
KingofConquerors said:
Fate/Zero deservingly raped the polls....though i think little underrated gems such as Sakamichi no Apollon, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Uchuu Kyoudai should have been put there as opposed to Haiyore Nyaruko and Sword Art Online which totally didn't deliver

BUT MAH BRO WON THE BEST CHARACTER AWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and guys, if u think Mawaru Penguindrum is too shoujo, think again, since its probably one of the most mindfucking anime i've ever seen (yes, even more mindfucking than Madoka)....i just had a problem with its ending, which was rife with plotholes....but all in all, it was still an engaging watch....

Sword art online deserves to be even higher, i don't know what you're talking about.
Oct 7, 2012 9:04 PM

Sep 2011
@fable
I said Mawaru penguindrum felt Shoujo-ish, and that the latter content dismisses that, i didn't say Mawaru penguindrum is a shoujo nor did i say it was targeted at the female audience.

and like i said, i'm still looking for that article (I asked the one who showed it to me in the first place to send me the link and i'm still waiting), from what i've read, it's very credible and they provide evidence as to why females are prone to voting in polls and surveys like these.

"and regardless of that my original post here was just... you know.
user: these certainly seem like shows girls would vote for
me: not really
that is literally all I wanted to say"

That's a point i agree with, and it makes sense based on those shows.
Oct 7, 2012 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
Why is Morestu in the Top 10? I did watch it but really it wasn't all that spectacular..
Oct 7, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2009
@Downgrade555
Right, but you can't say it's targeted at male audiences either. Though if I have to pick between the two, it seems more targeted at a female audience to me, since it does indeed have those shoujo elements at the beginning, and does share similarities with the director's previous work on Utena, a shoujo. What exactly do you mean when you say 'latter content dismisses that'. I'm kind of curious.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Summer 2024 Preview

Snow - Yesterday

4 by zero-r »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces More Cast

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
5 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
9 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Main Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by daddymahitowo »»
12 hours ago

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Jun 12

49 by negatives »»
Today, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.