Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 4, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2011
Anyone else see the irony in the line "It's like she walked right out of a fairy tale!"?
Yuri is a pretty big theme this season it seems. :P
May 4, 2012 8:52 PM

Dec 2011
A little slow and boring but the end was nice :B
May 4, 2012 9:39 PM

May 2010
So entertaining to watch made it go by so fast, man i wish wanko was my wifu so hot dem booty short's, the ending was hot and wield at the same time and im wondering if his grandpa really had something to do with that potion that would be crazy

PS: Dat Fan-Service
May 4, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2009
I can't stand Ranko. Why?

She's too pushy, nosy and can't take 'no' for an answer. Chihiro made it quite clear that he doesn't like her that way, yet she refuses to give up on him and will only end up getting hurt by it eventually, especially now that the whole secret concerning him and Rea is out. If she didn't take Chihiro's 'no' before, she's definitely not gonna sit back and watch Chihiro make out with a zombie girl. Chihiro friendzoned her long ago, and she doesn't even realize it.

Anyway, to the people complaining about the fanservice: most of it serves a purpose. Why was Rea licking Wanko? Not so much because she was horny, but because she smelled something on Wanko, probably hydrangea. It's also a HUGE clue that not all is right with Rea, further emphasized by her kissing him and nearly crushing him to death It's as if she was trying to suck the life out of him.

Oh well, Rea will come to her senses again next episode, so looks like we'll be back on track again then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2012 9:57 PM

Oct 2008
I think Deen needs to run more with the premise. So far, Rea just been relegated to kind of fetish-like fanservice and sexualized in every possible way. Plot hasn't really advanced. Also, Rea's parents, despite being scumbags, managed to elicit the emotional side of me. And so far, they have basically been left on the backburner, leaving kind of an emotional hole.
May 4, 2012 10:01 PM

Oct 2011
Omniknight said:
I think Deen needs to run more with the premise. So far, Rea just been relegated to kind of fetish-like fanservice and sexualized in every possible way. Plot hasn't really advanced. Also, Rea's parents, despite being scumbags, managed to elicit the emotional side of me. And so far, they have basically been left on the backburner, leaving kind of an emotional hole.

Deen has no choice - they're following the Manga.

Trust me, you'll get your romance.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
May 4, 2012 10:02 PM
Jun 2008
Plot hasn't really advanced

what do you mean by plot haven't advance. They kissed(big development for love-comedy) in front of Wanko and the reveal of grandpa's secret is a big development. The overall(the early half of the episode) pace of this episode makes you felt its slow .
May 4, 2012 10:52 PM

Jul 2009
MusashiRose said:
The weakest episode so far in my opinion. A tit licking Zombie? Meh...

Same here.
And somehow .....(>_<) It was really embarrassing to me watching this ep with other person non-anime fan...
May 4, 2012 10:56 PM

Feb 2012
Omniknight said:
It's an ecchi anime. What do you expect?

Also, as someone said before, they're following the manga. They are literally doing 1 chapter per ep. If you want to blame anyone, blame the mangaka.
May 4, 2012 11:18 PM

Oct 2010
Well Rea licking Ranko was unexpected. :| Just... WHY? Rea's one weird zombie, yeah.

But that kiss made up for it. ♥ lol at Chihiro getting crushed by Rea's hug.
[insert awesome signature here]
May 4, 2012 11:41 PM

Feb 2010
Eh kind of waiting for the ending. Rea requires soma to recharge obviously.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2012 12:32 AM

May 2011
Glad I'm not the only one freaked out, the ecchi was tame for first four episodes and then- WHAM. Lovely images that I started my day with.
May 5, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
So Rea is a new type of a zombie getting her energy by doing ecchi things than eating people.....
May 5, 2012 1:16 AM

Jun 2010
I think Grandpa is zombie too lol. I'm not sure thought, I didn't read manga.
Just think grandpa eating the leaves of the poison like babu.
LOL
May 5, 2012 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
At least Rea knows where the melons are being kept. Dem melons.
May 5, 2012 2:53 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome episode, maybe the best so far! I was afraid that this anime wouldn't be as good as the manga but so far I've been proved wrong ^^

Only thing I'm worried about at this point is that how long this anime will be airing. The manga's still on-going at a very interesting point so I think they'll have to end the anime somewhere earlier than where the manga is going at the moment :S I just hope they won't end it at the wrong moment ruining the ending of the anime =/

CanisTomek said:
I've just watched this episode again. It was really good. It's even better than manga. The last scene with the "kiss" was marvelous. Rea's voice was so erotic, yet her grip was so deadly looking... I'm still not sure was I fascinated or scared.
Stark700 said:
Dat kiss <3333
No more words needed:)

BTW, is that only me, or most dislike Ranko? Personally I don't mind her and I can't see any reason to do.
Well, I think it's more like people prefer Rea over Ranko in the love triangle, hence the impression that people dislike Ranko ;)
May 5, 2012 2:54 AM

Jan 2011
The beginning was so promising and now they're doing ecchi stuff. T_T
I really hope next episode will be better, this was a huge disappointment.
Sure, it some good moments (not the ecchi ones), but I want some story development.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 5, 2012 5:10 AM
Jun 2008
well look yep indeed could be the cat is out of the bag?

yea give cat hair boy best tried to hid & also ideas keep rea safe, moving, etc.

oops look like bag was open by wanko she got lick by zombi-rea.

oh cat hair boy get zombie kiss & hug.

what next?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
May 5, 2012 5:57 AM

Mar 2010

I was really glad to hear Akarins VA in this episode! :3
May 5, 2012 6:36 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting this. And Ranko really is hot...
May 5, 2012 6:53 AM
Feb 2012
At first I thought that this episode would be surprisingly calm and uneventful but then it turned around during the last few minutes. Zombie Rea is pretty cool to say the least and that kiss! Talk about surprised audience. One would expect that she's about to attack Furuya and then it ends up being a pretty romantic and sweet scene; don't mind the "special" hug Rea's giving him. 5/5
Next week looks great as well.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 5, 2012 11:33 AM

Jun 2010
Nice fan service between Wanko and Rea. So far I like the drama and will def continue to watch. May read the manga but hopefully its a good adaptiation...
May 5, 2012 12:44 PM

Jul 2011
woah!!! what did i just watch!? i remember this being in the manga but it was still very awkward watching it in the anime, that licking.... :L wanko is really hot, and so is rea, if i remember correctly she is going through that whole
they have been adapting it very well so far, but i wonder where they will end the anime and if they will make a second seaon
May 5, 2012 1:22 PM

Sep 2008
people need to stop complaining about the fan service, it's anime, there is always some type of fan service somewhere. if you aren't used to it by now lol then this must be your first anime. like someone said before, fan service can serve a purpose at times, and also one of the genres for this show is ecchi. i liked this episode, thought it was really good!
"I hate home ec...ironing...WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT IRONING!? I MEAN WHO!?" - Ghost Stories
May 5, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2011
That was a really erotic rape scene. Ridiculously amused. I do appreciate how it's "darker" without it being pompously, melodramatically dark.
May 5, 2012 6:45 PM

Oct 2010
shame that this episode was slow, cliff hanger as well
May 5, 2012 9:02 PM

Apr 2012
Yuri fan service after 5 episodes? Good thing I stuck this out.

All jokes aside, this series is quite good from what I see so far.
May 5, 2012 11:39 PM

May 2008
She opened her mouth so big she looks like she was going to bite him =/. Rea did seem a little different then when she was a human . Which kind of make me a little nervous.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 6, 2012 1:07 AM

Jul 2011
Pretty delicious fanservice I must say
May 6, 2012 5:40 AM

Feb 2012
I love Wanko, she is a great character, just wait and see.

I seriously don't get the people that are complaining about the fan service, it's nothing new, the manga is ecchi, it's not overused and it never seemed out of place.
May 6, 2012 5:45 AM

May 2009
Zhou said:
I love Wanko, she is a great character, just wait and see.

I know what's to come, and I still don't like her. Heck, her later actions in the manga made me dislike her even more. But, that leaves more for those who love her, I guess...

I seriously don't get the people that are complaining about the fan service, it's nothing new, the manga is ecchi, it's not overused and it never seemed out of place.

People will always need something to whine about. One side has an issue with the fanservice (which is entirely purposeful and hardly ever, if ever at all out of place), the other with pacing (many find it too slow-paced, even though the anime is pretty much identical to the manga in terms of story progression) and others just hate because it's done by Studio DEEN (even though they probably haven't watched a single episode).
May 6, 2012 5:50 AM

Jan 2012
wait and see ?

She's a bitch
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
May 6, 2012 6:41 AM

Mar 2012
I'm a little pissed at Ranko for going to Furuya's room without his permission... (> n >)

but then, Rea kissed Furuya.... (♥ u ♥)
May 6, 2012 9:37 AM

Jul 2010
So she's getting hungry huh? Eating up Wanko and shit. ^^

I'm still sticking to my theory about how she needs to feed on those leaves to stay alive... uhh dead, well you know.

May 6, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
This show became so average after Rea's death. Slow development and an overload of annoying fanservice. From the looks of the next episode's preview it seems to get better again but who knows...
May 7, 2012 12:44 AM

Aug 2010
The house cleaning part dragged on for way too long, the only good part was the last few minutes. 2/5.
May 7, 2012 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
What a yuri scene! I like the licking part! :D

but somehow Rea looks pitiful now after she becomes a zombie.. ;(
May 7, 2012 7:48 AM

Dec 2009
LOL @ Rea xD First licking some Wanko beewbs and right after kisses Chihiro (with a rough touch I might add)

This show is awesome.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 7, 2012 11:52 AM

Feb 2012
Nice ep. Last few minutes sooo awesome :D
Kiss <3
May 7, 2012 12:54 PM

Apr 2011
LMAO'D.

I was all like, "Oh shit shes gonna bite her!"

Rea: -RAPIST MODE ON-

*Gropes the hell out of Wanko, then proceeds to lick her after tearing her top.*

Twas unexpected.
z4ydMay 7, 2012 5:59 PM
May 7, 2012 5:14 PM

May 2011
Omfg that last few minutes was fucking glorious. That groping and then licking! Then dat forceful kiss with Chihiro! Niceee going Rea. I didn't see any of this coming lol.

Tbh I am really liking Wanko, almost as much as I do Rea. That grandfather is annoying and creepy though.
May 7, 2012 8:31 PM
Jan 2011
"sigh", Nowadays is impossible to watch anime peacefully without an erection. Lol funny quote.
May 8, 2012 1:42 PM

Sep 2010
It feels so slowly paced~
But this show is definitely one of it's kind, really... weird. Rea feels like a monster to me now.
May 9, 2012 12:51 AM

May 2010
Rea's paralyzed condition reminded me of Makoto from Kanon,so sad..
May 9, 2012 1:14 AM

Jul 2011
wtf, the fanservices ruined it.. :/
May 9, 2012 5:36 AM

Apr 2009
Here is Chihiro with a really urgent matter to attend to, and his family unknowingly traps him with a day full of inescapable cleaning duties. Well, it's not like he has other options if he wanted to keep Rea a secret. Anyway, he's got some explaining to do now that there's a witness.

I guess they're really trying to stick to the one chapter, one episode approach, huh. They even fit in some anime-original scenes early in the episode to keep from moving into the next chapter. Well, not that it's a bad thing, because those scenes served to explain just how the student body at Rea's school perceives Rea.
May 9, 2012 1:14 PM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode! Chihiro's grandpa is hilarious, forgetting things all the time, like "Don't put fish paste in the miso soup!" "Dad, that's tofu." Eh? Eeeh??" :DD That person can make you laugh from the smallest things.

Now I get really annoyed by Wanko (or Ranko...don't know anymore). Why did she even have to go upstairs only to meet zombie Rea? I think she's there to get between Rea and Chihiro.

Babu is cute every time he says "Babu!" XD

May 9, 2012 3:28 PM
Feb 2012
Not a bad episode all fan service aside. I knew something bad was going to happen with Rea when Wanko was in the room.
Lol at the kiss at the end...Chihiro was getting crushed to death by her embrace haha xD Well it all work out anyways...guess he'll have to tell Wanko about what happened now though.

And his grandfather...looks like he was the potions creator...so may be we'll learn a few more things about it and it's power to bring back the dead eventually ;o
May 10, 2012 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
Wow that was surprising. I Didn't expect a yuri scene.
May 12, 2012 2:53 AM

Aug 2008
pretty boring episode. things picked up only during the last few minutes and it was still mostly fanservice.
goddammit give her the leaves already.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.