Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 6, 2012 7:16 PM

Jan 2012
THIS EP WAS SO EXCITING I WANT TO TYPE MY COMMENT ALL IN CAPSLOCK BUT I'LL REFRAIN

LUFFY'S SCARRED CHEST <3 but he looks the same lol christ
i can't wait for him to beat the shit out of the fake straw hats

the new op is okay, but nothing will ever beat the previous one for me. i could have watched that for the rest of the series. anyways i loved one point in the op, where the straw hat was passed down three generations - that black-haired male looks interesting! plus young shanks. <3

omg nami's hair. she looks BEAUTIFUL holy shit. and her lightning was bloody strong.

i don't like facial hair but sanji's looks good. his hair is also pretty.

USOPP AND MUSCLES. not obese anymore, thank god! it looks like he's overcome his greatest challenge, which would be lack of physical strength.

sadly i don't like robin's new look. i liked the bangs.
Jul 11, 2012 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
Usopp buffed up, Usopp. Can't believe they would change Choppers hat though. Thats supposed to be his treasure from Doctor.
Jul 26, 2012 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
LOVING THE NEW OP. WHOO.

UNFF, NAMI, dat hair!

MANSOPP is sooooooo cooool.

neenalie said:

sadly i don't like robin's new look. i liked the bangs.

i'd have to agree with that. old robin's bangs were lovely, i shall miss them.

great episode, SO EXCITED for the rest of the new world.
Jul 26, 2012 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
NateXsama said:
Usopp buffed up, Usopp. Can't believe they would change Choppers hat though. Thats supposed to be his treasure from Doctor.

it's not a completely different hat, it's just another hat over his current one. (you can see the pink rim of his old hat

like this, i think: http://i.imgur.com/izKkm.jpg
Dec 14, 2012 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
awesome long hair

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 13, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2010
Sexy, latin lover Usopp made the episode, the timeskip and the whole One Piece series worthy.

Nami looks also pretty gorgeous... I thought I was going to have problems on accepting her new look. But she's great. And still being Nami. Yay.

Luffy is the same with some more scars. Well, this way is cool I guess.

Sanji's grown beard is quite nice. But I was not a fan of his overreactions towards girls, I hope they don't have lost their touch in his comedy.

Brook is awesome. Now with more accessories!

Robin is... uh... was better before the timeskip. Still looks very well.

And what happened to Chopper's hat? It's not that it wasn't important to him...

Very great introduction of the characters. Some got better and some got worse in terms of aspect. But they seem to be the same as always.
jal90Feb 13, 2013 2:43 PM
Feb 13, 2013 2:45 PM

Nov 2010
jal90 said:
The new hat is just over the old one.
Feb 13, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
jal90 said:

I guess I'll have to see more of them yet. Didn't notice that detail.
Feb 13, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2010
jal90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
jal90 said:

I guess I'll have to see more of them yet. Didn't notice that detail.
I don't know if it actually shows it, I read it on the wikia a while ago. I think it might have been revealed in the manga or through the SBS.
Sep 27, 2013 11:41 AM

Mar 2011
That fakies reminds me of some cosplayers.
Nov 2, 2013 1:53 AM

Jul 2013
AHHHHHH! Everytime one of the crew members showed themselves, I did a little fan squeal. All the characters look beyond awesome and I never thought I'd ever say this, but Ussop looks really cool. The fake strawhats are already pissing me off so I hope they disappear soon, very soon.
Oh and I never expected Luffy to acknowledge Hancocks' s love. It was so funny and it's obvious that he's matured.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 3, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2012
everyone looks so good!!!
still shipping that nami and usopp ship <3
and who are these posers? they're gonna get beat up real good...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2014 5:24 PM

Dec 2012
How much greater One Piece can get??? ^_^
Nami is very beautiful with the long hair, Zoro and Sanji are even sexier :3 Usopp seems so cool now and now Luffy is the definition of badass! I only hope that he still is the naive, cheerful guy though!
p.s. can't wait for all of them to meet and to see those fakes' asses gettting kicked!
Feb 19, 2014 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
Finally, the timeskip! My favourite opening so far alongside with We Are, it just has that feeling that it's going to be an opening I'll never forget.

Usopp looks good imo, better than I originally presumed from pictures, Sanji is a sexy beast, Chopper is still cute, but I'll have to get used to his new look... Franky though... gonna take some getting used to his lack of Elvis Presley hair and huge ass body... it's a good thing they didn't turn Luffy into a cyborg or something though xD

EDIT: Usopp seems a lot cooler, I hope he gains a little more confidence, I don't hate him like so many other people do, but I don't want him yelling "AHHHHHH SAVE MEEEE" the whole episode anymore... I guess that's just him though.
Jun 3, 2014 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
Seriously, they really believe those fake(s)?
"Signature removed"
Aug 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Mansopp <3
Aug 29, 2014 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
Nami & Robin was turned into walking fanservice. Robin is white now? ok

Brook looks overdressed

Franky looks.... retarded... looks like a fail transformer

Chopper got turned into a freakin chibi... a freakin CHIBI

Usopp looks nothing like Usopp, they even changed his skintone

Luffy, Sanji & Zoro are the only decent ones..

2 years shouldn't change people that much.. They overdid it
Aug 30, 2014 3:21 AM

Oct 2010
ZephSilver said:
Usopp looks nothing like Usopp, they even changed his skintone

This is how Usopp is supposed to look in the manga. The anime changed his skintone for whatever reason and in the post-timeskip reverted it back.
Sep 7, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Pandaman @ 20 mins in

Nov 27, 2014 3:03 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next one.

Jun 14, 2015 7:11 AM

Mar 2014
AHH THAT WAS AWESOMEEEE
Jun 24, 2015 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
THat was epic man
Aug 31, 2015 1:41 AM
Sep 2014
Nice. Finally. Time skip.
Mar 6, 2016 2:18 AM

Apr 2010
FINALLY. *O* I was so excited about this one. The characters are looking a wayyy better now. <3
Mar 13, 2016 4:06 PM

Feb 2015
Zoro not getting lost was too badass.
Apr 7, 2016 9:55 AM
Sep 2012
2016.04.08 ViuTV start
Jul 18, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2013
Zayum Usopp got them abs now! Lololol. Can't wait to see more new moves from da crew :D
Jul 30, 2016 2:38 AM

Mar 2015
Awesome! So great to see new-look everyone!

These fake Straw Hat Pirates looks so ugly lel and I notice that the originals' voice actors were switched around for em? Like Sanji is fake Luffy and Chopper is fake Nami
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 30, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2014
I feel like I've just watched my children grow up or something lol

Soul King is smashing it, my god!!

Nami looks fine af- the long hair really suits her...same for Robin too. Luffy basically looks the same, Chopper is cuter and Sanji is smokin' (perhaps both figuratively and literally). And Usopp!!
HE. HAS. MUSCLES.

MUSCLES!!!! 😱

Loved Nami bein all like "I'm waiting for a man" and then Usopp shows up hahaha XD
I love their friendship tbh

Fake crew are hilarious tho.
It's all a testament to how far the SH crew have come...remember when they were nobodies?? Now they're so infamous, people
are impersonating them!!

New Opening song really fits and is catchy as hell but nothing will replace op 14 in my heart.

Also the irony of Zoro being the first one to get to Shakky's place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2017 3:29 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
ahahahaha i laughed so hard for the whole ep XD

Jul 19, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Damn! They look so fine and so strong.

I want Luffy to wipe the floor with these imposters. Better yet the whole crew gang up on them.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 9, 2017 7:19 AM

Feb 2013
Those guys are ruining their reputation.
Oct 16, 2017 1:42 PM

Dec 2014
Franky looks weird as hell
Usopp evolved
Nov 16, 2017 6:45 AM
Dec 2016
es la puta polla x239
Jun 20, 2019 1:35 PM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
It's so great to see the Straw Hats again. They've certainly gotten stronger in these two years, and I think these fake Straw Hats are a perfect testament to that. After all, seeing the real crew side by side with cheap imitations like them more clearly contrasts how strong they've become and the distinct personalities of the crew.

While I was glad to see my favorite character has gotten stronger, I'm kinda displeased with Usopp's new costume design. All of his outfits in the past have used dark, neutral colors that can blend into the background, like his brown overalls and occasional green, tan, or yellow shirts. Which is all advantageous for a sniper who is supposed to blend in with his surroundings. But his current yellow and orange get up is the exact opposite; flashy and super conspicuous. I know it's not the biggest deal, but I think this shows that his personality/characteristics might be misunderstood by the writers.

I'm really happy with Nami though. She's still a rather strong person, as we see her shooting down the fake Straw Hats when they begin catcalling her. I've always admired her confidence and ability to recognize her own strengths, and that part of her at least hasn't changed. It was also great to see how warmly she greeted Usopp. Their friendship dynamic is really sweet, and I hope we see even more of it in the upcoming arcs.

And then there was Luffy coming in at the end. I'm sure he can teach those fake Straw Hats a lesson; and since the rest of the crew has improved so much, Luffy's power must be simply unbelievable. Since he was training with Silvers Rayleigh to master his Haki, I doubt people as slight as these impostors can even faze him.

Oh yeah, two other neat things. Brook being a celebrity was really funny, and I especially liked the Funimation dub's "Bone to be Wild" song of his. And, though I'm sorry they were hurt, it's kinda funny that the fake Straw Hats found a couple like Nami and Usopp, with a red-haired woman and a long-nosed man. Fake-ception, lol? (And possible foreshadowing?)

Anyways, this episode was generally a load of fun, and I can't wait for the next one!
Jun 25, 2019 9:07 AM

Jun 2016
Everyone looks so great. But, of course, I must mention the most shocking thing this episode.. ZORO ARRIVED FIRST?! Did he learn a sense of direction?! Or did Perona drop him off right at the door and leave?! That was a huge decision to make and it has to mean something, I wasn't sure if Zoro would ever find his way here and he was the first to get to the bar!!! We didn't see much of him at all but what we saw was darn cool.. he really looks like a samurai in his new outfit.

Luffy learned the basics of haki and was left for a few months to master it and survive on his own. He has enough of a grasp on conquerors haki that he can stare down the beasts of the island he could hardly deal with in the beginning. For an island which is survival of the fittest, to have an aura that can control the beasts and make them his friends says he's come far already. I suppose we're back to the drawing board with all the cast, just like in the beginning we didn't know what anyone was capable of and we had huge moments like Zoro taking the Mihawk slash, or we got to see Luffy tenacity like against Don Krieg or quick wits like against Eneru, now we don't know what anyone is capable of! The most we saw was a sneak peak at Luffy, Nami, and Usopp. It's super cool that it's like this, we'll probably slowly understand just what Luffy can do now, as well as what everyone can do and what everyone learned for a long time to come. It's a pretty genius way to make everything fresh again in a way that's relevant and meaningful. And Luffy's new design is nice, as simple as it is, the baggier shirt, the yellow ribbon thing I didn't get a good look at, his more bulbous hat which has slowly growing iirc, and his Akainu scar are brilliantly simple.

Speaking of Nami and Usopp, they were great this episode. The whole idea of the world thinking Luffy died and that his crew disbanded as after the events Marineford they weren't seen and this leading to a fake Straw Hat crew trying to take their thunder at the worst time possible is funny. It makes sense, and I'm glad that this happened only now because if they came back with bad reputations past being pirates it'd be slightly frustrating. It's interesting how they are recruiting pirates, I suppose for huge pirate crews which we see many of this is how they do it! As for Nami's response here, I was shocked she didn't do anything when that one pirate was shot, she didn't even have a visible response from what I saw.. She also showed no fear and didn't hesitate with a gun in her face, she's confident in her strength now, but she didn't even need to do anything because Usopp got there! He's buff! He trained with Heracles! He has the ability to use the seeds from that island to create monstrous plants and probably so many other things we're going to slowly discover. Usopp looks like a dweeb if you ask me, with his goatee, his goggles, his headphones(?), his low overalls showing off his body... He's trying to look cool too hard.. it's all I could ever want from Usopp quite honestly, and Nami grew her hair out! I'll miss her short hair.

I love how brotherly and sisterly Nami and Usopp are. I know the Straw Hats are a big family, and Luffy and Nami are big in that relationship too. But, Usopp and Nami always stood out to me. I recall in Thriller Bark when he casually poked his head into her bath with no bad intentions regarding peeking on her at all to say something like it was instinct, showing just how close they are. Then here when he was shoved into her big boobs he didn't blush or show any perversion and casually talked once he could breathe again, only for her to grab him by his hand and pull him out!

Franky, Sanji and Robin got a little more screen time than Zoro, but not by much. Robin's new look definitely feels like she came from the revolutionaries. Elegant, sexy, spy-like and she's being followed by some black suits who perhaps know she's become a revolutionary of sorts. Sanji is utterly joyed to see 'real women' again which is quite amazing and expected, I can't wait for him to see Nami and Robin and how they've changed, and Nami's already in a bikini just for him. He acted like he wanted to get away from the Okama but you know, I feel he had to grow close to them in some ways. His new facial hair makes him look more s*xy than cute and the way he changed how his hair is parted to show a different swirl leaves less negative space on his face and makes him look more manly! Franky as we'd expect headed for the perfect condition Sunny ready to prepare it and he was happy to see her. AND HE LOOKS LIKE A ROBOT NOW WITH MASSIVE ARMS, Vegapunk's notes perhaps let him enhance himself like Kuma's been enhanced.. I wonder if his back is still his weak spot, he was building himself again presumably.

Brook was probably my favorite though. He was taken by the triple joint guys to be used as an exhibit to make money. Come see a living skeleton, they'd say. So, a living skeleton itself attracts incredible attention, and this skeleton can play the guitar and sing like it's nobody's business. He's good at it! All of that together means him becoming a superstar, the king of soul, in these two years is not surprising to me and 'Bone to be Wild' was great! I'd go see him live for sure. In these two years he's become a masterful rock star and he even has a look to go with that. I bet he trained his swordsmanship some too but we all know Zoro's the real swordsman of the crew so to get some more crazy things he can do with his music, like how he knocks people out with it, all the better.

Everyone looks so bombastic now, like they're not rookies anymore but an established and weird pirate crew!

Finally, the new fleet admiral was hinted at, he moved the HQ to be in the Emperor's territory which seems to me an Akainu move. He's the one who's a real go-getter chasing Blackbeard himself and all, but I do still hope it's Aokiji. We also heard it's the 4 Emperors territory implying there has been a 4th decided and unless I see otherwise I'll say it's obviously the new strongest man in the world, Blackbeard. I hope we get to see the new Warlords soon! Buggy has to be one!! But other than that, it should be interesting.. two other spots must be filled!
Aug 12, 2020 7:31 AM

Mar 2020
Damn, so we're finally here.

Brook is a singer, Usopp and Nami are more dependent. All of them are coming to their ultimate form. I have always been excited to see these characters after time-skip speaking as someone who was new to One Piece and only started watching in May 2020.

A great introduction to them after the time-skip. I am already excited to see them reunite!
Aug 29, 2020 3:07 PM

May 2020
Damn, the Straw Hat look so cool now! I've already seen what they look like after the time skip buy it was still a pretty sweet introduction!! Also the fake straw hats were really funny!
Oct 7, 2020 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
Been watching the TV non stop since I started in June, but took a break at 516 to catch up on all the pre time-skip movies, specials and OVAs that I missed. Not gonna lie, some of them were good but many were pretty average. Since basically all of them were either recap or filler it was a bit of a slog in places.

One week later, I finally caught up and having finished every movie and special I wanted to watch I'm back here again and ... this episode hit different.

Even though I knew very well what all the straw hats look like post time-skip (merch and fanart is literally everywhere on the web) I was still gasping and screaming for every scene we got to see each Straw Hat. I was laughing so much with excitement!

3D2Y? pls. I survived 1W. dear god is this what being caught up with one piece feels like
Dec 4, 2020 5:12 PM

May 2016
Their long-awaited reunion doesn't look like it'll go as smoothly as they'd expected but it's rather gratifying to see that they've become so powerful that those frauds are the least of their worries at this point!

Two of the biggest instances of character development as shown in this episode were: Nami's bust and Zoro's sense of direction

I want every single poser's asses kicked big time!

Jun 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
Man... I still remember the first time watching this. It was so hyped back in the day. Holy shit. Can still feel those feels.
Jun 7, 2021 10:39 PM
May 2012
So much has changed in two years, can't wait to find out.
Aug 6, 2021 3:04 AM
Nov 2019
Just wanted to post to remind everyone of the new start of One Piece ....
Aug 15, 2021 11:47 AM

Aug 2021
Usopp'n into nami's such a blessing (was waiting for a "thank you very much" yes the same as in thriller bark)

Chopper become more cuter <3

Fake mugiwara ruining luffy's name :'(
Apr 12, 2022 5:56 AM

Dec 2012
I couldn't stop smiling this episode. I'm SUUUPERRR excited to see how the Straw Hats have all grown. Usopp is probably the biggest shocker cause he didn't just drop the weight - he became a legit warrior of the sea.

Lol @ the imposters. The funniest thing is how they're each voiced by different members of the actual Straw Hat Cast (i.e. Luffy voiced by Sanji).

Edit: On second thought, I take it back. The biggest surprise was seeing Zoro arrive early without detour!
Jun 28, 2022 3:30 AM

Jan 2021
I really like the new cleaner animation everyone got a new glow up over the past 2 years while also getting stronger and Usopp and Nami’s reunion was really fun to watch
Sep 1, 2022 4:08 AM
Sep 2021
its very misto and ok=chei to uaci
Oct 9, 2022 1:33 PM
Aug 2020
I love it i so fucking love itr this is amazing they just in whole new lauges
Oct 10, 2022 3:03 PM

Feb 2014
lmao, the fake straw hats were hilarious, if they weren't such assholes I would actually be afraid of what's coming to them next episode.

Sanji finally left that island and encountered women, aftter two yeras, absolute hell for someone like him, can't wait to see his reaction to post-time skip Nami.

And speaking of, post-time skip Nami in all her glory!
Jan 5, 2023 5:14 PM
Nov 2019
qwertyuiopasdfghjkl zxcvbnm
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 529 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ollyx2OxenFree - Dec 24, 2011

51 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

35 by BootyKrabs »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 528 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AnimePoop - Dec 17, 2011

88 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 527 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ElectricSlime - Dec 10, 2011

89 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 526 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Dec 3, 2011

77 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.