Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Little Busters!' Announced (Confirmed to Start Oct 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 5:19 PM

Dec 2012
Bryce-kun said:
lol what a sad attempt at recreating all the elements from After Story. 100% will fail.

I'd say most VN readers would say that Refrain is better executed than After Story and the writer of both of them would agree. After Story just sort of destroyed a lot of development for certain characters and also focused too heavily on just Tomoya and Nagisa. Refrain makes the situation with all of the characters more understandable and they're all involved with the shows twist, instead of just being side characters like Kyou, Tomoyo, Fuko, Kotomi, Sunohara and all those other characters from Clannad that just didn't feel as important in it as the rest of the gang did in Little Busters.
Apr 6, 2013 5:32 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
KuRiZenT said:
Woah, I can't wait for this!

Maybe Refrain will beat After Story. XD!

That is so unlikely it isn't even worth thinking about. Little Busters season one hasn't even managed to compete with Air TV, let alone Clannad(season 1).
Apr 6, 2013 5:36 PM

Oct 2012
FastWheels said:
We never asked for this.

Voice of the world?
Apr 6, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
Lolicon said:
That is so unlikely it isn't even worth thinking about. Little Busters season one hasn't even managed to compete with Air TV, let alone Clannad(season 1).

Of course LB! season 1 can't compete with AIR. The real story hasn't even started in LB! yet. Just hints.
If you want to compare it with AIR, take out the Summer and AIR routes. Yeah, I'm pretty sure LB! season1 beats the first half of AIR (not trying to bully it but it's just not a fair comparison >//<)
dizzyworld2Apr 6, 2013 6:34 PM
Apr 6, 2013 5:58 PM

May 2010
Sweet this is good news
Apr 6, 2013 6:25 PM

Aug 2011
Can't wait for this! I will definitely be replaying the route again before the this season starts. ^^
Apr 6, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2012
Lolicon said:
KuRiZenT said:
Woah, I can't wait for this!

Maybe Refrain will beat After Story. XD!

The story in Little Busters is better than After Story, but the anime probably won't be as successful in sales or on MAL.
The animation is honestly pretty damn terrible, but the details in the story and the buildup are objectively better than Clannad, which completely butchered the explanation of the light orbs and left out routes from the original adaptation.
I love both series and played the VNs and have high hopes for SOME redemption come Refrain.
Apr 6, 2013 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
Tyrel said:
IZUMI64 said:
after THAT season one...?

Go look at the sales. Yes THAT season one. That season one is a build up nothing more.

You said season was a build up. but, Clannad build up still muchx99 better than this....
Apr 6, 2013 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
IZUMI64 said:
Tyrel said:
IZUMI64 said:
after THAT season one...?

Go look at the sales. Yes THAT season one. That season one is a build up nothing more.

You said season was a build up. but, Clannad build up still muchx99 better than this....

I already said that.
Apr 6, 2013 7:10 PM

Sep 2012
Seano299 said:
symbv said:
Seano299 said:
that a lot of their fans will just buy their stuff just because it has the god damn KyoAni name stapled on it..
This is only a myth.
K-On and Lucky Star has sold way more than a lot of other animes had. Those literally had no plot to them and were made by KyoAni. I don't really think that's a myth.
Your claim is "a lot of KyoAni fans will just buy their stuff just because it has the KyoAni label". Nichijou sold <2k of BD/DVD. That means at most there were only <2k of the kind of KyoAni fans you claimed. And most probably not all <2k people who bought Nichijou BD/DVD are this kind of fans, so it means the actual number of those blind followers you said would be even fewer than that. So your claim is not true and so it is just a myth.

Also you repeated the all-too-common claim that K-On and Lucky Star have no "plot". What they do not have is an overarching plot that goes through the whole series, but that is the characteristic of slice-of-life comedy genre. There are composed of many short stories (and each short story has its own plot) but does not strive for an overarching "plot". Instead the stress is the consistency of the theme of character interaction in a slice-of-life setting. It does not mean it is necessarily easier to do than a story with overarching "plot" -- we see many flops in the SoL genre too.
symbvApr 6, 2013 7:34 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 6, 2013 7:11 PM

Dec 2012
Sorayin said:
Nice try, but I've watched both School Days (which was probably better as it evoked some emotion from me) and mars of destruction which was worse but It's short length made it more bearable then this stupid shit.

Tell me what parts of it didn't satisfy you.
And if you don't wanna watch, just drop it already.
Apr 6, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
To be 100% honest it the first season was so boring i really had a problem finishing it. I hope they ramp things up next season. (Thats if i feel like watching it)
Apr 6, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
Sorayin said:
Nice try, but I've watched both School Days (which was probably better as it evoked some emotion from me) and mars of destruction which was worse but It's short length made it more bearable then this stupid shit.

Maybe because your life is too perfect for Little Busters to be able to hinder nor move your emotions.
Apr 6, 2013 7:31 PM
Aug 2012
MagicFlier said:
Sorayin said:

Maybe because your life is too perfect for Little Busters to be able to hinder nor move your emotions.

...Seriously, what part of this anime is sad? Clannad is sad. Kanon is sad. Hell even H2O was sad despite all it's flaws. This is not sad.
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 PM

Jan 2012
Still havn't finished the first o.o

Apr 6, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2012
Let's hope J.C. Staff makes this season better than the first.
Apr 6, 2013 7:58 PM

Oct 2011
CAN'T WAIT!!
Apr 6, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2009
Apr 6, 2013 8:26 PM

Mar 2009
Cool. While I'm not the biggest fan of Key's works, Little Busters was a pleasant surprise for me. I enjoyed it a lot.

I sincerely hope Rin gets her own arc.
Apr 6, 2013 8:33 PM
Sep 2012
Mormegil said:

I sincerely hope Rin gets her own arc.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Apr 6, 2013 8:49 PM
Aug 2012
Sorayin said:

Go watch something else than showing off. People think they are so smart because they hate something. The number of retards just keeps on increasing.

AlexTheRiot said:
Sorayin said:

Honestly, anyone who likes this shit has to be a downy.

Well that's a bit aggressive.

Don't worry pal you will see a lot of stupid "Elites" like him who think they are better than everyone else.

Apr 6, 2013 9:56 PM

Sep 2012
Yes yes yes, I'm dying.
Apr 6, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
Akiyama said:
( ´∀`)つhttp://www.litbus-anime.com/refrain/

Mother of god, that looks beautiful
Apr 6, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Hate to be that guy, but Refrain better be amazing because this season just feels lacking if you know what I mean? Didn't feel like there was enough to it for me to be raving about it.
Apr 6, 2013 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
Despite the amazing music, didn't like the first season a lot, the complete lack of romance was a bit annoying, loved the fact that it had several cool male characters for once. Will still be watching refrain to get some more arcs though, was still fun to watch sometimes.

Apr 7, 2013 1:02 AM
Dec 2012
Anybody know this anime was from a game cause refrain is there too.I didn't watch the playthrough but I know it's going to be bad endings instead of good ones
Apr 7, 2013 1:38 AM

Oct 2012

Makes me want to watch it.
Apr 7, 2013 1:52 AM

Sep 2011
CoolNightMare said:
Anybody know this anime was from a game cause refrain is there too.I didn't watch the playthrough but I know it's going to be bad endings instead of good ones

Lol no.
Apr 7, 2013 2:42 AM

May 2012
I found Little Busters a great break from normal anime. It was refreshing
Apr 7, 2013 3:14 AM
Aug 2012
Absolutely adore the VN, this anime adaptation has not met any of my expectations though, and I hate this first season with a passion. It's just nowhere on the level of how good I remember the VN to be. Looks like refrain will polished, but I think they have a lot more problems than just improving the animation. The script, the character designs specifically for the anime, the use of music for starters just continually irk me every episode.

I'll be watching Refrain with low expectations, but what I'm really waiting for is Kyoani and Tatsuya Ishihara to show J.C. how it's done just like he did in the past when Toei would adapt Key titles.
Apr 7, 2013 4:35 AM

Feb 2010
I don't see where this hate towards the movie particularly comes from. Why would anyone bother to watch this further, if they weren't fond of the first season?
Apr 7, 2013 5:02 AM
Nov 2011
Bern said:
I don't see where this hate towards the movie particularly comes from. Why would anyone bother to watch this further, if they weren't fond of the first season?

Don't you mean TV series?
Apr 7, 2013 6:57 AM

Oct 2012
I Haven't watch it yet is this good?
Apr 7, 2013 7:06 AM

Jun 2009
Maffy said:
I'm kinda having some expectations of the 2nd season. I see it planned just liked Clannad. The first season was introductory and went through all the girls and the 2nd moved on to the most dramatic events.

Little Busters failed horribly at the first season compared to Clannad, the stories were bland and the comedy grew stale since there was no real development except random punchlines that seemed forced. BUT, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 2nd season (that everyone was sure to come either way) hoping it does better this time around.

It was very good all around I enjoyed it. What happened to Kuu was sad and scary. I felt like going in there with a seal team to rescue her. I almost cried when komari regressed. Also I think they did the first season like that was to lead us up to Refrain.
Apr 7, 2013 7:06 AM
Apr 2013
I'm a fan of KEYS work specially the CLANNAD series ( It made me cry hard, you know :) ) But I heard that compared to that, LB is blah. Is that true? I have only watched the first episode since I really want it to be finished first and now a S2 is announced, gonna wait another year then :) One thing I do notice though, is the fact that the animation isn't too great compared to Clannad. The company who animated this and Clannad and other keys vn are different right?
Apr 7, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
skapandi said:
They ruined the girl routes/common route and now it's time to trample all over Refrain, huh?
Sure as hell not watching this, not that big of a masochist.

Have you even played the VN? Because to me it seems you don't know anything. They adapted the routes well for the girl routes/common route. Hell some of them were better.
Apr 7, 2013 8:27 AM

Feb 2010
areyougood96 said:
Bern said:

Don't you mean TV series?

Yes, thanks for pointing it out :)
Apr 7, 2013 11:03 AM

Feb 2009
Maybe i should start watching the anime real soon..
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Apr 7, 2013 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 7, 2013 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
Xian2013 said:
I'm a fan of KEYS work specially the CLANNAD series ( It made me cry hard, you know :) ) But I heard that compared to that, LB is blah. Is that true? I have only watched the first episode since I really want it to be finished first and now a S2 is announced, gonna wait another year then :) One thing I do notice though, is the fact that the animation isn't too great compared to Clannad. The company who animated this and Clannad and other keys vn are different right?

Correct. Little Busters was adapted by JC Staff, Clannad by KyoAni.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Apr 7, 2013 7:54 PM

May 2011
Top 5 on MAL, calling it!
Apr 7, 2013 8:13 PM

Mar 2013
After viewing the trailer it looks like it's going to be filled with drama.
Apr 7, 2013 8:16 PM

Feb 2013
All i want is for it to have romance
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 7, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
skapandi said:
They ruined the girl routes/common route and now it's time to trample all over Refrain, huh?

Have you even played the VN? Because to me it seems you don't know anything. They adapted the routes well for the girl routes/common route. Hell some of them were better.

>Implying the anime adaptation of some routes are better than the source material.

Wow... I hope you're not going to bring that up anymore. Objectively, that isn't true and that'll never true on any original source material to anime adaptation. Plus, I know that user and he already played the game.

-Fuji- said:

I'm pretty sure there'll be romance on the 2nd season.
TennoujiApr 8, 2013 5:16 AM

Apr 8, 2013 12:03 AM
Jun 2009
I haven't finished S1 yet and S2 has already been decided? Wow. That was fast.
Apr 8, 2013 1:22 AM

Oct 2008
Well, I guess its better than the sharp stick in the eye...

They cant go wrong with Refrain, right?
I like anime.
Apr 8, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2010
Booooring.

LB will never compare with Jun Maeda's other great works.
The art in LB is great, but the storyline and character development was crap.

As usual, another wimpy male character who wants to become stronger and somehow wins the hearts of all the girls.

And he has "narcolepsy".. lol..
Dropped it after 6 episodes. Couldn't stand how wimpy and useless the main character was.
Apr 8, 2013 7:05 AM

Nov 2010
Tennouji_ said:
Tyrel said:
skapandi said:

>Implying the anime adaptation of some routes are better than the source material.

Wow... I hope you're not going to bring that up anymore. Objectively, that isn't true and that'll never true on any original source material to anime adaptation. Plus, I know that user and he already played the game.

-Fuji- said:

I'm pretty sure there'll be romance on the 2nd season.

I agreed with "some of TV routes are better". Yes, LN TV executions are randomly ranging from terrible/mediocre/decent/good, but I prefer Haruka's route TV adaptation from the VN any day.

IMHO the writing in that route in the VN is just terrible. (I hope Jun Maeda someday can rewrite the entire LB! VN rather than trusting most character routes to some random writers, but of course that's impossible)
Apr 8, 2013 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
Theron93 said:
Dropped it after 6 episodes. Couldn't stand how wimpy and useless the main character was.
And the point of the anime is to show the MC to grow up becoming more useful and courageous over the series, and he did exactly that. Still not quite there but we already saw him achieve a lot of things for other people.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 7:40 AM

Sep 2012
I have a feeling that those people who love to use the word "objectively" are in fact the most subjective lot.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Announces Supporting Cast

Nioxys - Apr 28

8 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

20 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

9 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
3 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

37 by AkbarSenpai202 »»
4 hours ago

» '#Compass 2.0: Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Apr 28

2 by CocoaGalaxy »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.