Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Little Busters!' Announced (Confirmed to Start Oct 2013)

New
Apr 6, 2013 8:49 AM

Sep 2012
After the end of the last episode of the current season of "Little Busters", it was announced that there will be a second season, which is to be named "Little Busters! ~Refrain~". More details will be disclosed later.

Source: Mainichi News, TV screenshot, Official Twitter

Little Busters! Refrain on MAL
symbvJul 28, 2013 10:15 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 8:50 AM

Jun 2011
We never asked for this.
Apr 6, 2013 8:51 AM
Jul 2012
Just finished the VN refrain yesterday, I'd love to see how this is adapted!
Apr 6, 2013 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
I don't know whether to be excited about this at all anymore, but I guess I should be at least happy... ugh.

The trailer doesn't look too bad:

Oct 2012
MEH.

Apr 2010
FastWheels said:
We never asked for this.

Yes we did.

I for one am INCREDIBLY hyped!

Sep 2012
FastWheels said:
We I never asked for this.

Fixed for you ;-)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 6, 2013 8:53 AM
Apr 2012
Maybe they'll actually get it right this time.
Apr 6, 2013 8:55 AM

Mar 2012
Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Although I wasn't particularly impressed with Little Busters, I will watch the final episode and I did like the character design (other than Riki, I hate Riki).

Hopefully they do a better job with this season as I've heard that the visual novel was a lot better than Little Busters, and a few people have said that if it's done well, Refrain could be amazing.
Apr 6, 2013 8:55 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'm kinda having some expectations of the 2nd season. I see it planned just liked Clannad. The first season was introductory and went through all the girls and the 2nd moved on to the most dramatic events.

Little Busters failed horribly at the first season compared to Clannad, the stories were bland and the comedy grew stale since there was no real development except random punchlines that seemed forced. BUT, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the 2nd season (that everyone was sure to come either way) hoping it does better this time around.
Apr 6, 2013 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
If it's done well then I'm looking forward to it

Sep 2011
Well i heard LB's anime did a really shit job at adapting the game so i guess ill just play the game instead of watch this or the next season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2011
harmony73 said:
I don't know whether to be excited about this at all anymore, but I guess I should be at least happy... ugh.

The trailer doesn't look too bad:

SO. MANY. FEELS.
And seems like they will do Kurugaya's route in the anime and not as a alternative OVA (like what happened with Kyou and Tomoyo in Clannad).

Anyway, even if I'm not a huge fan of JC Staff work on this adaptation, I think Refrain can be better than the first season. Let's hope it turn out well!

symbv said:
FastWheels said:
We I never asked for this.

Fixed for you ;-)

Genius.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."

Sep 2011
FastWheels said:
We never asked for this.

Sorry, but that's mainly you and few others that don't know what's coming for this Season<3. All of the first Season was just a build up nothing more.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Well i heard LB's anime did a really shit job at adapting the game so i guess ill just play the game instead of watch this or the next season

Nah it did quite well, It did some of the routes better than VN. Aka Harukas was done better, and Kud's was pretty good. As I said before it's mostly people complaining about poor animation and how boring it is because of how all this is supposed to be a "Build up" to Refrain.

Mary_Vanucchi said:

Anyway, even if I'm not a huge fan of JC Staff work on this adaptation, Refrain will can be better than the first season. Let's hope it turn out well!

Fixed.
TyrelApr 6, 2013 9:04 AM
Apr 6, 2013 8:58 AM

May 2010
It has to be the best slice of life ever.
Can't wait!
Apr 6, 2013 9:00 AM

May 2011
Just as I suspected! There is a second season of Little Busters!

≿━━━━━━━━━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━━━━━━━━━≾
Never give up that tiny hope left in your heart (˶⸃ ⴰ⸃˶)♡
≿━━━━━━━━━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━━━━━━━━━≾

💌𝕸𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 ¦¦ 𝐶𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠🌸
Apr 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2011
Woah, I can't wait for this!

Maybe Refrain will beat After Story. XD!
ExoticNeedsApr 6, 2013 9:07 AM
Apr 6, 2013 9:04 AM

Jul 2012
Thank goodness. I expect many good things from Refrain and many shitty complaints like "no one asked for a season two!11!"

It's not like people were begging for that or anything.
Apr 6, 2013 9:05 AM

Feb 2010
The first season was hit or miss with each arc for me but I'm interested in Refrain and was looking forward to the official announcement.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 6, 2013 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Thank goodness. I expect many good things from Refrain and many shitty complaints like "no one asked for a season two!11!"

Dw first post in the thread already said the "We never asked for this"

jmal said:
FastWheels said:
We never asked for this.

Pbft, speak for yourself.

Imported season one, will no doubt import season two. Awesome news.

Wish I could Import them ~_~. I'm waiting on Sentai Filmworks release, not sure when they'll release it though.
Apr 6, 2013 9:07 AM

Apr 2011
I liked Refrain, but I can't really look forward to this at all. JC Staff is really going to have to do something different.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Apr 6, 2013 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
ihateeveryone said:

Lots of people were, actually. Theres no point in making a Little Busters anime without doing Refrain. The entire first part is all a set up for Refrain.

Apr 6, 2013 9:10 AM

Feb 2013
Surprise! But seriously how could they not?
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 6, 2013 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Finally..i was waiting for this
Apr 6, 2013 9:15 AM

Mar 2012
Finally it's confirmed!

Been waiting so long for this...but have to wait at least for half a year before Refrain starts airing.

Also importing the first season; hope they spend the money well on Refrain.
Apr 6, 2013 9:16 AM
Mar 2010
I was expecting Refrain to be squeezed in the end of the first season. Now that I know the 2nd one was just annoucned I feel like, I wasted my time watching this JC Staff abomination up now. If they ruin Refrain, I have no hope left. I don't even want them to touch Sasami or Saya's route because they'll most likely ruin it. :C
Apr 6, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
This JC staff hate is hurting my feelings
Apr 6, 2013 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

It didn't. I think it done pretty well. The main problem was people over hyped it and they completely forgot that the start of LB was pretty calm. The start of the anime felt just like the start of the VN. It was just some group of childhood friends forming a baseball team for some fun. That's how it was at the beginning of the VN and the same with the anime. People dropped, claiming it was a bad adaptation because it kicked off with not that much drama when everyone was saying LB was super depressing. I've played the VN and watched the anime. Some scenes in the anime are actually done BETTER than in the VN and their foreshadowing is much more consistent to that of the VNs as well.
Apr 6, 2013 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
Looking forward to it. Pretty obvious they wouldn't just end it here. ;)

Apr 6, 2013 9:19 AM

Jul 2010
CAN'T WAIT.

Apr 6, 2013 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
Can't wait for the best part of Little Busters! Hopefully in Fall 2013... since season 1 is re-airing on Tokyo MX from Apr 11.

Someone has added a queued DB entry here: Little Busters! Refrain.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 6, 2013 9:23 AM

Oct 2011
I hope Warner won't be stingy and they will give more money to JC Staff :)

it sold well, they can do it so bit of raise would be nice
Apr 6, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
I was never in doubt about the Refrain season. I am more curious about what the producer said about "every girl in your mind will get her story animated" and I wonder how they are going to fit Kurugaya, Saya and Sasasasasa's arcs. More seasons? OVAs?

Apr 6, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
I was never in doubt about the Refrain season. I am more curious about what the producer said about "every girl in your mind will get her story animated" and I wonder how they are going to fit Kurugaya, Saya and Sasasasasa's arcs. More seasons? OVAs?

Kurugaya is already confirmed for Refrain in the trailer. For Saya and Sasami, Its a bigger question, since you need to know the story of Refrain before telling their stories. Maybe OVAs? Or I guess they could end Refrain with about 8 episodes left in the show...

Apr 6, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
FINALLY. Will be looking forward to this and more Kurugaya ^___________^

Apr 6, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:

They did say that each heroine would get 3eps for her route and 1 will get 4eps (i'm assuming Rin here). Not sure if the heroines included Saya... but they said they'll animate Sasami's route too.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 6, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
Ejc said:
They did say that each heroine would get 3eps for her route and 1 will get 4eps (i'm assuming Rin here). Not sure if the heroines included Saya... but they said they'll animate Sasami's route too.
Oh really? I wonder if you still have the source when they said specifically each heroine would get 3 eps, as I am interested in reading the interview or staff comments in its entirety.

Apr 6, 2013 9:34 AM
Jul 2011
KuRiZenT said:

refrain is better :)

after story is nothing compared to refrain

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Ejc said:
Oh really? I wonder if you still have the source when they said specifically each heroine would get 3 eps, as I am interested in reading the interview or staff comments in its entirety.

I'll try and find it for you. Just watching OreImo S2 ep1 atm, haha.

Apr 2010
Ejc said:
symbv said:

Kud got 4 episodes, just with a break inbetween for one of the Lennon episodes.

Apr 6, 2013 9:35 AM

Nov 2010
It's funny (but obvious) that I never saw most of people who were negative in this announcement in the actual LB threads.

Yes, it's a mixed bag and has some weak executions in direction and (especially) animation, but I loved how they tried to adapt everything quite faithfully (not cutting routes like Clannad adaptation) and I even liked most of their alterations/I can accept the negative changes that they made (which mostly aren't avoidable).

One biggest praise for me to this adaptation is : They made a great build up for Refrain! Damn, I'm hyped!
Apr 6, 2013 9:37 AM

Jun 2012
Thank God. I had a dream last night where the announcement was that they wanted to do a second season, but didn't get the approval from Warner so they were going to do a Kickstarter to produce it. Then on MAL everyone was freaking out.

Did they announce an air date? Like... Saturday April 13th? =)
Apr 6, 2013 9:38 AM

Nov 2007
RyanSaotome said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:

It was actually 3eps. That ep in the middle was classified as common route ep, so she got 3 like the rest of the heroines.
Apr 6, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2011
Ahmad-99 said:
KuRiZenT said:

refrain is better :)

after story is nothing compared to refrain

I agree and disagree with this. I think Refrain has more feels to it than After story, but while getting to the best parts it did a great job at working its way there.
Apr 6, 2013 9:41 AM

Dec 2012
Ejc said:
RyanSaotome said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:

It was actually 3eps. That ep in the middle was classified as common route ep, so she got 3 like the rest of the heroines.

No man, the guy said that the route was going to be in the recently finished season and seeing as the test was in the actual Kud route and wasn't part of the common route, I think it's safe to say that Kud's route was 4 episodes. Hopefully Kurugaya can be 4-5 episodes, seeing as they now have more episode space!
Apr 6, 2013 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
Ejc said:
RyanSaotome said:
Ejc said:
symbv said:

The episode before the Lennon episode was the beginning of her route... so she got 4 episodes for her routes content.

Apr 6, 2013 9:43 AM

Aug 2011
Ohhh sounds cool! I haven't played the game yet, though I will after Refrain. ;D
Apr 6, 2013 9:43 AM

Nov 2008
maybe i should start watching the first season but i don't want it to be a waste of time.
Apr 6, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
Mr_Gutts said:
maybe i should start watching the first season but i don't want it to be a waste of time.

If you liked how Afterstory was you should like Second season of LB. First season = Build up, nothing more.
Apr 6, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
I wonder the OVA bundles with the complete set of BD/DVD will be about.
We have Kud, Haruka, Komari and Mio done, Kurugaya in season two so it will probably be about Kanata.
Let's just wait and see
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
16 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.