Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
May 27, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2016
So beautiful, so mesmerizing...

I am both depressed and happy.
Jun 1, 2019 5:03 PM

May 2015
This is the third time I watch this, it's truly the black diamond of japanimation.
Jun 4, 2019 3:28 AM

Aug 2018
Something I noticed on a recent rewatch, the first episode is the only time we get a glimpse of what Ran sees. She sees the sage get killed and then immediately after we see the exact same scene this time with Yoshi saving him. This shows that Ran is right that she see's one of many futures and that it can be changed, and it also shows Yoshi is a character capable of changing the future. But then in a way, Ran betrays Yoshi by manipulating Ichise behind the scenes to eventually kill him, and stopping Yoshi from starting a war with the class (or trying to at least, Kano clearly had a plan with the shapes and I doubt he'd care about a single class representative getting killed). Ran clearly want's change, but maybe she doesn't like the violence and suffering that comes with it, and eventually in the end lux gets the worst case scenario and she has a mental breakdown thinking she screwed up.
Jun 22, 2019 4:16 PM

Oct 2015
Damn, how could everyone die in the series! I think Onishi was the one that killed Ran in that moment before he died. Speaking of Onishi they sure blew him to smithereens with nothing but his texhnolyzed legs left, poor guy. As for Kano, he made an unimportant villain, I didn't listen to his speech either like Ichise before one punching his head off. I didn't want Ran to die, I wanted a happily ever after with her and Ichise. I think after Onishi's death, Ran was Ichise's only hope in living and after her death he lost that hope and gave up. What a sad ending! As for the Doc, her death didn't hit me at all, she died just as she lived- cold and pathetic. Shinji died like a side character would!

Overall I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, they started off good on the first part with Yoshii but went haywire in the second part. They wasted my time with all those events and became so mediocre that I almost gave up on it. I was going to boost my rating after these last episodes, but after recalling the time and agony I suffered because of the bad previous episodes- I just couldn't. The series was slow paced and the characters were boring AF, Yoshii was the exception though. Watch this if you want a depressed mood, because this is so emo it makes the early 2000s a paradise.

5/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2019 11:51 PM

Sep 2017
lihle808 said:
I think Onishi was the one that killed Ran in that moment before he died.

fieldsgrow1 said:
Ran is killed by Kano

I'm not sure I got it right, was Ran already dead when she got transformed by Kano or not ?

Edit : nvm, they say her body was transformed by Kano and then her spirit died when Onishi struck the obelisk.
MoonspeakJul 16, 2019 5:46 AM
Jul 20, 2019 7:15 AM

Mar 2018
A masterpiece. So sad anime nowadays focus on fanservice. I wonder how long before I find another masterful anime.

10/10 despite some flaws. The most underrated anime in my opinion.
Aug 17, 2019 12:09 PM

May 2016
Masterful ending must be genius to direct this my hats down.

my emotions started to build up but some how they stopped there mid way in my lunges, I felt sadness as well as peace since they can all now rest. RIP everyone.
Sep 16, 2019 2:06 AM

Sep 2019
Technolyze is an awesome creation and a true hidden gem in the anime community. It would take some time to swallow the story and the meaning that's behind it. I really don't need anything more to say if you watched it and understand it then you know what I'm talking about. People would gonna say the animation is not good but for a draker plot like technolyze it is perfect and based on when this created I would wanna give props to the animation studio.

My final score: 10/10 masterpiece
Sep 16, 2019 2:09 AM

Sep 2019
Raizel said:
Masterful ending must be genius to direct this my hats down.

my emotions started to build up but some how they stopped there mid way in my lunges, I felt sadness as well as peace since they can all now rest. RIP everyone.

Truly a rollercoaster of emotions I've experienced while watching this masterpiece.
Oct 20, 2019 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
I feel a little empty.. lol.

Great show. Loved it.
Nov 2, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
when i was an edgy teenager i always wanted hopeless world / meaningless of human life type of conclusion, nowadays i cant say i was looking for that... i know that sounds bad but the more i think about it this has to be one of the most haunting conlusions ive seen on any media (unfortunately i never take endings into account for my ratings)
the final 5 episodes were trully memorable, its themes will remain in my mind however the series still felt way longer than needed at times an i didnt like that we never got a proper explanation as to what happened to this world.
As for the constant comparissons with other 2deep4u type anime like Lain an Ergo Proxy id just say this i liked Texhnolyze unlike the previous 2 mentioned.

TLDR - Kano did nothing wrong
7/10
Feb 23, 2020 11:52 PM

Sep 2018
Good stuff. Very gloomy atmospheric anime, depressing ending, but not really unexpected tbh. That's why it didn't hit me as hard as other series have. Still a 9/10 for me. I enjoyed the slow pacing a lot, much more than what I did with Lain.
Mar 5, 2020 8:10 PM

Jun 2008
My head kinda hurts, I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the series though.
Rewatch is mandatory.

Mar 25, 2020 10:47 AM

Oct 2018
So why did the soldiers/fully texhnolyze people stopped working and all died in the end?

Is it because they couldn't survive like that for a long time or the guy who made them didn't recharge their batteries? WTF? Then, why even make these soldiers in the first place? What a waste... and how come they just stopped working and let roots like some trees? It looked really cool but was not explained at all.

Apr 13, 2020 1:49 AM

Aug 2018
Mila91 said:
So why did the soldiers/fully texhnolyze people stopped working and all died in the end?

Is it because they couldn't survive like that for a long time or the guy who made them didn't recharge their batteries? WTF? Then, why even make these soldiers in the first place? What a waste... and how come they just stopped working and let roots like some trees? It looked really cool but was not explained at all.

They were a message for future generations to not make the same mistakes. They stopped working by design and they had gangrene in their brains.
May 14, 2020 10:44 PM
Nov 2019
What a Masterpiece.
10/10

Very deep story and Great Ending.
May 14, 2020 10:46 PM
Nov 2019
lihle808 said:
Damn, how could everyone die in the series! I think Onishi was the one that killed Ran in that moment before he died. Speaking of Onishi they sure blew him to smithereens with nothing but his texhnolyzed legs left, poor guy. As for Kano, he made an unimportant villain, I didn't listen to his speech either like Ichise before one punching his head off. I didn't want Ran to die, I wanted a happily ever after with her and Ichise. I think after Onishi's death, Ran was Ichise's only hope in living and after her death he lost that hope and gave up. What a sad ending! As for the Doc, her death didn't hit me at all, she died just as she lived- cold and pathetic. Shinji died like a side character would!

Overall I wouldn't say I enjoyed it, they started off good on the first part with Yoshii but went haywire in the second part. They wasted my time with all those events and became so mediocre that I almost gave up on it. I was going to boost my rating after these last episodes, but after recalling the time and agony I suffered because of the bad previous episodes- I just couldn't. The series was slow paced and the characters were boring AF, Yoshii was the exception though. Watch this if you want a depressed mood, because this is so emo it makes the early 2000s a paradise.

5/10
better than naruto.
May 28, 2020 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Dark, disappointing and disgusting show. really didn't like how it ended. :/
May 29, 2020 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Mila91 said:

They didn't die, Kumakura said that this body allows near-eternal life, they were rooted in the ground until they can evolve into a new species. That was Kano's plan all along, he tells Ichise that he paved the way for the next step in human evolution and that "the bodies are ready-made for these new life forms"

Jun 20, 2020 8:03 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
A good ending to a good show. Although I have qualms with many aspects of the show, it really did create an amazing environment around itself. Still like Haibane Renmei more though.

7.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Aug 9, 2020 8:36 PM
Aug 2019
The anime was slow paced but they executed it beautifully. It had very small dialogues but it got me engaged enough to perservere and I do not, in the least bit regret it. It was so bleak, dark and somehow depressing and unique. I got really emotional in the end because they all died but at the same time, I thought that was fitting because I didn't want Ichise to live all alone.

Even though I found out about this anime a little late, I think of it as something very special to me and I'm beyond glad I found this gem that was so deep under the radar.
Sep 21, 2020 11:13 PM

Mar 2019
10/10 Masterpiece

My all time favorite
Sep 28, 2020 4:47 AM

Jun 2020
After the end of episode 18, I knew I had to wait for such an ending; An ending that was truly worthy.
Texhnolyze wants to tell a part of the truth of human life. It also includes many concepts from the Philosophy of Technology.
From beginning to end, the graphics and music are impressive and engage the audience effectively.
10/10
Kohakura ~ Episode 22:
"Someone told me long ago...
What this place is.
He said this is the Ninth Annex of the Reviving Hell."
nozomi-hdSep 28, 2020 3:22 PM
Nov 5, 2020 9:19 PM

Jun 2010
The flashback to the battle between the Luxites and the Shapes seemed like highlights from a full-length missing episode. It doesn't strike me as something that was meant to be skimmed over in a just a few minutes as it was. Onishi's hand signal to charge is visually momentous but doesn't fit with a brief synopsis of events or the ambling guitar scoring. The striking visuals of Shapes' helmets being smashed open to reveal a screaming human face that is crushed by further attacks are similarly undersold by the sequence's presentation. More obviously, there's lip-flap for dialogue! It's not as we can fill in the blanks ourselves on what Onishi and the ex-Union #2 would have to say to each other. Not to mention that something that has such serious implications as Ran being abducted by the Shapes should really happen in an episode before the final consequences of that event are revealed.

The rather odd count of 22 episodes may mean the series was cut short. Perhaps it was meant to be the much more common length of 24 episodes (if not 26; it's harrowing to think the series missing as much as four episodes!). I also note that the Salvation Union, one of the major forces in Lux that's commonly referred to, doesn't get much screentime actually devoted to it. But then again maybe the Union is supposed to be dead simple; a fanatical idealist organization focused on a messianic leader.

The comments in this thread about Ran's involvement with Yoshii lend a new meaning to the episode in which he dies being called "Conclusion". After that there was nothing left but for the bitter end to play out. See also the recurring symbolism of train tracks; the future leading to only one destination. It strikes me that this represents a double inversion; Yoshii first seemed like the only affable person in a terribly bleak setting only to turn out to be bent on bloodshed and destruction, but the second tiwst is that it turns out he was the closest thing to the hero of this story! His defeat spelt doom for literally everyone.

Ran seems to be a symbol of the future; most obviously she can literally see the future as prophecy, but she's only one of the very few children seen in the series and this represents a future for the society. A civilization that produces no children can only die out. Lliterally there must be children in Lux or the problem this entails would come up but symbolically it's true. Ichise's relentless drive to survive earns him a special relationship with Ran because without survival there can be no future. She withdraws from him after his fate is sealed (long before he can understand that fact) because he no longer has a future despite continuing to cherish the notion. Onishi, the dutiful steward of what order there is in Lux hears her voice as "the city" because all his efforts are to allow things to survive another day, which, again, is required for any kind of future. The people of Gabe revere her but only make her unhappy and treat her like a fetish because while they obsess over the idea of the future, they abdicate any attempt to affect it. Kano abducts and mutilates her into a perverse parody of herself because in his arrogance he believes the future should be in his absolute control.

The flowers she carries could have a similar symbol of life and growth, although I read an alternate interpretation earlier in this thread about them being a zen-like symbol of being without pretension.
Nov 9, 2020 2:17 PM

Jan 2010
Even though ending was kind of expected, it still left me speechless. Last 4 episode are just great, awesome execution. Loved the atmosphere, characters, story. One thing off for me was the pacing. Still great series. 9/10
Dec 19, 2020 2:49 AM
Jun 2020
What the hell was this show. I really need some time. Quite a mindfuck which I didn't expected, wish they executed it more properly but definitely not disappointed.
Dec 23, 2020 8:01 AM
Apr 2020
NihilisticWeeb said:
What the hell was this show. I really need some time. Quite a mindfuck which I didn't expected, wish they executed it more properly but definitely not disappointed.

I actually think it was executed fairly well for such a low budget show. I haven't seen any better depiction of a truly nihilist world than this.
Dec 29, 2020 9:39 AM

Mar 2019
I forgot the sensation of absolute terror long ago,but this anime gave quit the healthy dose of it.Truly the darkest anime,maybe the darkest thing to be ever created.Everything was executed really well,especially with the reference to the first episode.An apocalypse unlike any other
Dec 29, 2020 10:49 AM
Apr 2020
SheesAhmad4 said:
Truly the darkest anime,maybe the darkest thing to be ever created.

The thing about this that makes it so dark is this: even a victory for either of the villains would have felt more fulfulling than what happened in the real ending.

If the villains had won, then at least they would get their own "happy ending" even if no one else did. But here, no human gets a proper happy ending, and the best they can do is try to come to terms with the end like Ichise did.

In the end, everyone in this world was doomed by the mistakes of their ancestors right from the start, and the villains just sped things up.
Jan 14, 2021 3:05 AM

Mar 2019
DCEmperor said:
SheesAhmad4 said:
Truly the darkest anime,maybe the darkest thing to be ever created.

The thing about this that makes it so dark is this: even a victory for either of the villains would have felt more fulfulling than what happened in the real ending.

If the villains had won, then at least they would get their own "happy ending" even if no one else did. But here, no human gets a proper happy ending, and the best they can do is try to come to terms with the end like Ichise did.

In the end, everyone in this world was doomed by the mistakes of their ancestors right from the start, and the villains just sped things up.
Interesting take I have to say.Other than the narrative,the anime's unique atmosphere and the vague nature of everything that happens helps it to be visually dark and ultimately helps deliver the narrative more effectively.Another thing is that life on the hill(sorry,my memory is really fuzzy) brought doom rather than salvation which Ichise and everyone was hoping for.It was a representation of "dead yet alive ".Overall,I can't praise this anime enough
Jan 16, 2021 12:59 PM
Jul 2012
Just finished the series and need a few days to decompress, but that was phenomenal. Like most series in this style the first handful of episodes are spent not only trying to follow the narrative, but isolate the symbolism and visual themes and through-lines that continue along and become the real meat and potatoes of the series. Just trying to figure out what imagery and language, as well as movement and perspective, was one hell of a ride.

I didn't catch on to the symbolism of the dragonflies until far later than I should have, that in Japanese mythology they're considered, among other things, as a symbol of bravery and victory; this likely is more obvious to Japanese viewers than Westerners. Moreover, the dragonfly also can represent a coming change or transformation, fitting that Lux and the Surface both underwent a massive change by the end of the series, as did humanity.

I also noticed at the end, the comment of Lux as "the ninth annex of Hell" by the Shape frozen into position. In Dante's inferno, the Ninth Circle of Hell is that of treachery, with the souls of sinners frozen in place at the bottom of a great lake; the man that spoke with Ichise was the same one who betrayed the Organo by executing the leader he was meant to protect. The Shapes are all traitors of Lux, betraying their humanity by giving in to Kano's liege, cursed to be frozen for an eternity at the bottom of the "lake" that is the city beneath the surface. Judas was also tormented in the Ninth level, and I;m sure it is up for discussion just who and how many characters played the role of Judas in betrayal of their friends or brothers.

As an aside: Who was the dead worker seen in the last episode, slumped over with the number "52" patched on his shirt? As the blood seeped through his shirt I immediately and images of the wound on Christ's side at the crucifixion, the one caused by by Pontius Pilote as he pierced the side of Christ. I wonder if there could be any additional symbolism there.

There's just so much to unpack, and I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts on it. I can't wait to go back and rewatch with an aware eye for all these things, but quite frankly I don't know if I have the emotional fortitude to make it through.
Mar 18, 2021 7:49 PM

Nov 2019
Just finished this after binging most episodes in one go, and I'm simply speechless, definitely one of the most unique series -and more importantly, one of the better ones- I've had the pleasure to watch so far.

And while the whole show was really grim, the final episodes just take it to another level. Genuinely one of the most depressing and unnerving finales you can find out there, can't stop thinking about it and it has been a few hours. Didn't cry while watching it though, but I felt really uneasy.

Can't say I understood everything though. There's just so much to analyze that it's inevitable that I won't grasp everything, so I plan to do a re-watch so hopefully more thing become clearer.

I'm going to give this series a 9/10 for now, but I'm seriously thinking about giving it a 10, because frankly, this one deserves it.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Apr 2, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2020
This was a happy ending. everyone in the show was tired af from all the bullshit, i was tired watching them go through all that bullshit. let them people rest
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 20, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
Would have given this a 10/10 but ran lost her vagina lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 22, 2021 3:50 AM

Jan 2013
all dat effort for a flower hologram lel.
Apr 28, 2021 12:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is one of the best direction I've ever seen in an anime, but also the usage of the characters that represent a part of the humanity in that dystopian/rotten-world was great for the psychological and philosophical aspect, and one of the strongest points is probably how the whole sci-fi part is still not outdated even nowadays which makes it as impactful as before for its philosophy.
Jun 13, 2021 6:00 PM
Aug 2020
I feel empty.. All of this was for nothing really but finally everyone kinda found some peace.

I don't come across such anime very often I wanna similar shows so I u see this plz recommend me some.

Overall great show but still there's some stuff that needs explanation, definitely gonna re-watch it later in the future
ann_sordoJun 13, 2021 6:07 PM
Jul 3, 2021 4:32 PM

Jul 2020
All I gotta say is goddamn!
Jul 16, 2021 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
Felt so bad for Ichise when he made that face seeing Ran's severed head. And at the end, everybody dies.

Excellent anime from start to finish
Jul 17, 2021 11:37 AM
Aug 2013
If ran can see the future how come she didn't prevent any of this happening or save herself? I don't know why I even question anything, this anime was bad and the ending was bad
~AnimeDownUnder~

Jul 22, 2021 2:59 AM

Jun 2016
Igzeivy said:
Shounentards and Ecchitards hate this.

But people like me feel a void in the chest.

Is this how Texh fans nowadays appreciate the show? Last time I checked they're not this childish.
Or do you perhaps think liking it will make you look cool? Trying hard to get accepted on internet, boy?
Jul 23, 2021 10:18 AM

Jun 2016
@Igzeivy I may look like a troll in the eyes of 13-15 year old kids. I can't count how many times I get "Stop watching anime if you dont like it" and literally all the people who said that are still teenagers, including you last year. Kids that age tend to still have shallow mindset, lack of judgment and wisdom/maturity in dealing with people and situations, so every time they see something/someone different that they've never seen before, instead of respecting their choices or elegantly asking for the reasons behind their certain doing, they would just ignorantly call them weird or troll because that's just how far the conclusion their immature mind can make.
Sep 21, 2021 2:13 AM

Mar 2018
grayrebornnhy said:
Everything has its rise, and its eventual fall. Fall to where? That is the question which surrounds Texhnolyze, a beautiful, yet tragic depiction of two different human worlds.

The idea of a technocratic dystopia has been a fictional plot device used often many times, with some being impressive and some being less than that. Classic works like 1984 and Brave New World generated interests towards such works; in the other side of the world, Japan takes on a unique approach to such works, with anime like Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion taking the helm. Definitely, Texhnolyze is one of the unique approach to such a subgenre, if one would call it such.

Did Texhnolyze do it well? This really depends on perspective. I, for one, appreciated the context in which Texhnolyze uses. It never fails to always remind viewers about the significance of the hellish world Lux is, even when moments of rationale involving one of the protagonists: Oonishi, seemed to sway our general judgement of Lux; even when moments of the surface world is revealed - everything comes back to square one: Lux is purgatory. In no way am I downplaying the role of the surface world in this context too - that is a different hell, something which contradicts Lux's form of hell in Texhnolyze. And talking about Texhnolyze, the main motif which can change both worlds by serving as a bridge between them - but failed to do so. Even technology cannot beat fate - the destiny of all human beings in the world of Texhnolyze.

Another praise would go to Texhnolyze's technical execution style, which is undoubtedly flawless. Its dark touches of tone colour, intense imagery with gritty and inhumane action sequences throughout the entire anime only serve to amplify its slow pace. The pace is perfect. Viewers get to feel like Texhnolyze is unlike any other world, but gradually make you think otherwise; for those who have recapped about the start to shockingly realise that the entire world of Texhnolyze has been something so much wilder and ominous than expected.

The perspective of Texhnolyze definitely is its strongest aspect, and is one which will either make viewers deride it or laud it.
Anagnorisis said:
Here's something that might be of interest:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdist_fiction
Indeed, existentialism is a recurring theme in Texhnolyze, the freedom of not just an individual's existence, but also the right for an individual to take away another individual's existence without questioning. Hope does not exist in Texhnolyze's dictionary, as it is done in a fashion to portray the inevitable doom of humankind in Texhnolyze, which they had deservedly brought forth upon themselves. This touches on another recurring theme in Texhnolyze, which is balance.

Common sense may tell us that in all we do, be it physically, mentally and even spiritually, balance is the way to promote sustenance in everything we do. Texhnolyze, however, questions the opposite, and allows us to think once and for all, the result when that very balance is destroyed. We get two juxtaposing worlds, separated only by a rail and a flight of stairs - both facing their inevitable doom albeit by different means.

The portrayal of the two worlds with contrasting effect is another charm of Texhnolyze which is done superbly. One where people tolerate to live, and another where people live to tolerate. Take that toleration away, and both worlds crumble. Lux crumbles in the classical fashion, in which death and insanity took humanity away from them. Some tried to forcefully 'evolve' by being fully Texhnolyzed, only to realise that they can never toss away their innate humanity - the desire to wage conflicts with others due to differences. Kano realised that in the end, and in a way accepted his own fate in a cynical fashion. Whereas for the surface world, in which people slowly disappear just like ice melting, crumbling in a gradual fashion where nobody doesn't even care any longer. One which collapses due to clashes in different meanings, another losing its precise meaning.

Texhnolyze is a masterpiece. Yet, a masterpiece does not equate to the fact that everyone will appreciate and understand it equally - for one, humans are made unequal. Still, this difference provides us a sort of 'balance', the 'dichotomic' balance which is non-existent in the world of Texhnolyze. 10/10

A really good summarization on this show.

From the beginning, I was allured by it's gritty atmosphere that felt potent throughout. The cinematography, music, atmosphere, and messages all came together to create an anime unlike any other.

Despite these amazing traits of the series, where it seemed to lack for me was it's enjoyment. From EP 1-15, it's enjoyment was that of a 7, EP 15-19 was that of a 8, EP 20-22 was that of a 7. Overall, I also never really felt impacted emotionally by this show except for the jaw dropping moments that left me in awe which made it feel one-dimensional as far as impact is concerned. I believe this was amplified a bit with a story that felt like it was missing something throughout.

I find myself struggling between a 7 or a 8 for this show as it holds many strong suits, but I hold heavy regard's to emotional impact and enjoyment, which this show seemed to be weak at.

7/10

If I were to rate this between Lain and Ergo Proxy, this would be the order from best to worst;

Lain
Texhnolyze
Ergo Proxy
Celest__Sep 21, 2021 5:09 AM
Oct 4, 2021 7:02 PM

Feb 2016
i think this was my favorite re-watch thus far....... might write about it. dunno
Nov 7, 2021 1:54 PM

Jun 2015
Ok I watched the whole thing and I still don't understand anything, but I loved it!

It's really sad that the final two episode were when Ichise looked the most alive and he dies at the end still T-T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 1, 2021 4:58 AM

Aug 2017
Sudden speculation I had about L/Racan: given the relationship of R/L in Japanese, could the group's name be referring to Jacques Lacan? Maybe there're some parallels here...

I also wonder if anybody managed to decypher those bizarre statues (?) Kano had near him. Headless, two-headed, etc.
Dec 8, 2021 3:58 PM
Jul 2021
الانمي جميل و حزين بس اتمني يسوي جزء ثاني
Dec 9, 2021 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Addicted5796 said:
الانمي جميل و حزين بس اتمني يسوي جزء ثاني

I recommend watching Shin sekai yori. In my mind it's kind of a spiritual sequel to Texhnolyze. They're not connected in any way at all, and associating them in such way would be considered weird by most people, but it works in my mind since they both fantastically explore relatively similar themes.
Dec 28, 2021 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
Has anyone here watched the movie, Apocalypse Now?

I thought there are some parallels between Ichise with Willard and Kano with Kurtz
Dec 30, 2021 9:21 PM

Feb 2021
Everyone dies ending, it's honestly bittersweet. Looking back, it really is tragic how Ichise rose from the bottom of society, and acquiring texhnolyzed limbs, only to learn the harsh nihilistic reality of his life, and the inevitability of him carrying out his prophecy. That goes for all the characters, seeing them persist until the end despite bing doomed by fate they could not escape is undeniably inspiring. Even if the last few episodes are going to take some thinking to make sense of, I really enjoyed this series all the way through and definitely plan to rewatch it soon. 5/5 Masterpiece
CrackMay 18, 2022 7:05 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zepwich - Dec 9, 2009

63 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.