Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 24, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Isana's clothes are fine imo. I guess this show really cares about what the characters wear these days.

Well, at least Isana is happy for a girl of her age. And lol, we got a Haruhi reference.
Aug 24, 2022 5:58 AM

Apr 2014
G-kappu!!!!!!! Whatever you tried, you can't hide those massive weapons.
Hmm.... Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, nice choice!
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 24, 2022 6:22 AM

Apr 2010
Having more focus on the side characters is such a major improvement to this anime seeing as the mains are way to busy annoying each other.
Personally i think Isana is pretty interesting character wise.
Yume needs to be a bit more honest with herself it's pretty clear she is jealous and that she still has feelings for the main.
As for the main it seems there are still some doubts in his mind regarding their relationship.

Anyw it was a nice episode.
Aug 24, 2022 6:45 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Higashira has a desire to see Mizuto's bookshelf and is insistent on it. She also wants to see the one or two light novels he probably can't show to his parents xD.
Her real reason of course was to see if he has any light novels she can borrow lol.
Minami and Yume are going to help her shop for some clothing as they know she is going to Mizuto's house tomorrow.
They will even pay for her! The only condition is she can't say no to what they choose...
G Cup OPPAI! The first choice is too tight. The second isn't any better. And the third she likes but it is hard to move in.
Minami says Higashira would look good in Yume's style of clothing but says they both can't be similarly dressed so goes to look for some clothes for her also!
Yume recounts a time where Mizuto didn't compliment her on her clothing when they went on a date but it seems he just was too shy to say it at the start but did so at the end.
The clothes she got picked to wear seemed to be to her liking.
Next is Higashira's turn and though she hesitated initially, she sent her clothing choice to Mizuto and he complimented her so she decided to buy it.
Higashira walked into Mizuto's house and into his room. Yume also was there.

Seems she was searching for... THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA LIGHT NOVEL!!!

Higashira is very casual about laying on Mizuto's bed and he is similarly unbothered. Unlike Yume who is very shocked xD.
She asks Mizuto for a shoulder massage and Yume feels left out and annoyed.
She feels even more annoyed when she asks him to put on her socks.
Yume asks Mizuto to put on her socks for her as well...
She makes a sound when he puts them up to the top of her thighs though lol.
Higashira kept getting interrogated with questions by Mizuto and Yume's parents and they thought she was his his ex girlfriend.

Again, Higashira is best girl!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDAug 24, 2022 7:04 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 24, 2022 7:32 AM
Oct 2019
"It's okay even if you fantasize about me naked." nani tf? lmao
this girl is WILD.

Hey shoutout to the Legendary Suzumiya Haruhi.

and also this author self promoting his new LN "I'll Answer Your Mystery." i see what you did there.

at this point Isana might steal the show and she is not even the main girl... lol
Aug 24, 2022 7:37 AM

Jan 2021
Why does Isana need new clothes, she looks fine in her casual outfit lol.

Yume going all crazy when Isana lays on his bed while she finds it completely normal and i felt a little bit of jealousy coming from Yume but maybe im wrong.
Aug 24, 2022 7:47 AM
Sep 2021
Decent episode, higashira is dressed up by Yume and Akatsuki to meet up with irido in his house. Interesting interactions had taken place.

I give it 6/10.
Aug 24, 2022 7:48 AM

Dec 2021
I'm so annoyed on why is Mizuto leaning towards Yume when there's a girl better than Yume with Higashira around.

Higashira is clearly the best girl in this show even though she has no chance to win atleast we get to unmask Yume with Higashira in the room.
Aug 24, 2022 8:13 AM
May 2022
Pretty decent Episode 8/10
Higashira wanted to visit Mizutos house unlike when mizuto asked yume and she freaked out and called it off. Howeverr Higashira clearly thinks Mizuto is a little to innocent since he rejected her but still it was pretty cute. And the part of the massage dont get me started i was watching without headphones and ThankGod no one was in my room or else... The amount of LN cameo's was a really nice and cool small detail that i actually really liked. Yume still cant be honest about herself being jealous by Higashira despite knowing she has no ill-intentions and is really sensitive herself. The ending scene was also cute with Mizuto re thinking his relationship despite knowing higashira will never be the one ;c (I wouldnt mind if somehow the author actually does that id actually be happy, but if that actually happens i guess they'll need to give yume a Boyfriend as well for them to keep annoying each other without excessive drama).
Will start reading the LN after the anime finishes hopefully we even get a s2 later on.
Aug 24, 2022 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
The side characters really carry this show. It’s been so much better ever since Ishihara was introduced and of course they go and shoot her down. Can’t have best girl win now can we, smh.

So stupid to me that Mizuto is still leaning towards Yume when there’s literally a better girl right in front of him who he can just be himself with, doesn’t have to think of these mind games, etc

On the bright side, it’s clear how much the author loves LNs, cool seeing all the plugs he gives for other series. So far we’ve had haganai, Tada, dake de Yokattan desu, Dantarian no Shoka, kimisen and many more. Mizuto’s room kinda looks like mine with all those LNs lmao. Great to see a character preferring LNs over manga like myself.
Marinate1016Aug 24, 2022 8:52 AM
Aug 24, 2022 8:38 AM

Oct 2017
Isana's so cute, she's adorable, loving her. Mizuto and her interactions are fun to watch. Watching Yume getting jealous each time is fun too. Also I feel like I'm awakening to something new, if you know what I mean.
Aug 24, 2022 8:48 AM

May 2022
Normally I hate love triangles, but this is really fun!
Aug 24, 2022 9:18 AM

Sep 2018
Sweet and funny, as always.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Aug 24, 2022 9:25 AM

Sep 2019
This episode demonstrates yet another reason why Isana is the best girl. :)
Aug 24, 2022 9:29 AM
Sep 2015
The cloth changing scene is good and fun, but the house scene.... Yume should just ignore Mizuto, in fact she successfully ignore him in episode 6 but Mizuto suddenly come into her room, Mizuto is a scum who deserve no girlfriend.
Aug 24, 2022 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
this show is my guilty pleasure the episode went so fast this time
Aug 24, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2022
This episode felt so short. Isana deserves better than this. I don't know why the other girls feel the need to help Isana when she doesn't need help. Also why is Yume so territorial? I mean I get you're jealous but chill out
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 24, 2022 9:54 AM

Jul 2021
Well that was quite a way to start the episode.

All scenes involding Higashira are pretty weird. She's still the best girl compared to Yume.

Not Yume moaning lmao. Honestly that whole scene cracked me up, the socks getting farther and farther up to Yume's thighs, both Yume and Irido turning gradually red and then that moan lmao. Got me good.

Ah Higashira still hasn't recovered from getting turned down. Though it's nice to see she's doing pretty well with no cracks with her friendship with Irido.
TsutanaiFuunAug 24, 2022 10:11 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 24, 2022 9:56 AM

Oct 2021
I wonder if we'll get a beach episode within this season because that episode wasn't enough for me.
Aug 24, 2022 10:07 AM
Jan 2020
KADOKAWA TEASING HARUHI S3???????????
Aug 24, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2011
Another series shown, that wont have another season. But this time one that I hold too close to my heart.
Too much emotional damage was dealt by this anime in 2 episodes. I'm out.
Aug 24, 2022 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
I like how resilient Isana is. Usually there would be distance after being turned down.
If anything she's grown more attached. Still enjoy the flashbacks to their time in middle school.
Really displays how much they have changed (and how they haven't).

They finally showed some love for I'll Answer Your Mystery. Nice.

hai_X_isAug 24, 2022 6:15 PM
Aug 24, 2022 10:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Isana sure has changed quite a bit since the confession. And she raised a good point in that being turned down demonstrated Mizuto's lack of interest in her. Looks like Yume and Minami hasn't given up on matching Isana with Mizuto. Man Isana's figure really contrasts her personality. Tight clothing will have the opposite effect for her thats for sure. Thinking up date outfits is always a tough process of that we are agreed. But despite the challenge it was nice to see the girls be able to find the clothes they wanted. Yume blowing up while supervising them was amusing. But if Mizuto's feelings for Yume had vanished then Isana would have been perfect for him. The chemistry between them was already present after all. Overall a fun ep that provided some nice expansion on Isana as well as how she feels for Mizuto after the events last ep while also showing the ever changing desires that Yume is feeling within her heart as she finds more and more revelations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2022 10:40 AM

Feb 2014
I'm impressed with how much Isana has become more confident and brave after getting rejected by Mizuto in the previous episode. She still showed her shyness when Yume and Minami took her on a clothes shopping trip in order to get her a much nicer outfit than the one she had at the time, but she was willing to message Mizuto about her new look and he liked it.

Once again, we get another new LN appearing in this episode and we got the infamous Haruhi Suzumiya this time and Isana was excited top read it. After reading the 1st volume for it, Isana got Mizuto to give her a shoulder massage before putting her socks on, which was rather cute, but it easily made Yume jealous of them both! XD

I have doubts that Isana will ever win Mizuto's heart, but I do like their chemistry a lot and she's made a good claim to being best girl of this series (even though I still have a soft spot for Minami, who I still prefer at the moment). Good episode today!
Aug 24, 2022 10:44 AM

Jan 2018
Being an introvert who only has a few IRL friends myself, Isana's case hits a little close to home.
Aug 24, 2022 10:46 AM

May 2019
Another amusing and entertaining episode! I still don't fully understand why both Akatsuki and Yume are helping and still pushing Isana towards Mizuto, but I think its mostly Akatsuki's doing as Yume is clearly jealous of the attention that Isana is getting. Isana has grown on me and I think that she does have some innocence but is also intentionally flirty. Isana rubbing her scent on Mizuto's bed was great, and Yume having had enough after Isana got her socks put on and a shoulder rub was hilarious, oh and that moan from Isana lol!

Lastly, Isana is resilient after being turned down and towards the end of this episode she tells Mizuto that she's still getting over that and for Mizuto to console her whenever he can. I'm not sure how much more of Isana we'll get but she is a great side character.
Aug 24, 2022 11:00 AM

May 2021
Why do they have to bully Isana like that? Leave ma gurl alone please. Also, Geeglo lol.

Aug 24, 2022 11:52 AM

Apr 2021
Old bore here.
I was interested in this show because it showed how a couple who went into a crisis had to reinvent themselves and their relationship. Of course, in this case, it was because through this device of becoming stepsiblings, but it's a bit of the same as an actual adult couple who tries to save their relationship after a crisis. The LN does a proper job as it shows the inner thoughts of the two main characters. Unfortunately, and contrary to most of the watchers, I've been put out by the amount of time on secondary characters, which do not provide anything particularly meaningful to the story. Higashira is probably the character I like the less because of that, she's completely unrealistic and essentially a plot device to introduce a love triangle, deus ex machina and unnecessary tension. It could have been original, but because of this, it is gone the way of the standard random romcom.
The anime adaptation, and this episode is a good example, is focusing on the vanilla romcom drama, keeping out the most interesting parts. I'll probably finish this anime and the LN, but I'm not convinced yet it'll enter my recommended list. That's a shame, I think there was a potential for it to be much better.
Aug 24, 2022 11:58 AM

Nov 2017
They're trying so hard to ruin Higashira

i liked everyones outfits though

plz @ me
Aug 24, 2022 12:05 PM
May 2019
I love that she picked Haruhi Suzumiya to read. I'd be dating her in a nanosecond after that if it was me, lol
Aug 24, 2022 12:10 PM
May 2019
Ronninn said:
KADOKAWA TEASING HARUHI S3???????????

That'd be the end of me. I'd die from shock and excitement.
Aug 24, 2022 12:11 PM

Jul 2017
Isana Higashira is REALLY vying for the position of Best Girl, given her boisterous and confident interaction with Mizuto. She's definitely changed, though her innocence is hard to turn away.

And this resulted in a girls' day out to spruce Isana up to entice Mizuto, the effort from both Yume and Akatsuki, though the clothing pairings sure took them both for a surprise for the G-cup big-sized lewdie. It's taboo to have a similar fashion sense, but not to worry, this is all on Akatsuki in the making. Likewise, Yume has a similar situation when she was once dating Mizuto, and it sure can take awhile to trigger his senses for his approval being a try-hard. Thinking back then, this wasn't a wise decision...

Like Yume, Mizuto also reaccounting his experience with Yume, but in his context of books, most particularly light novels. Given the author's likening to plug in various LNs like Haganai, this case with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is the next best thing, and just like she is in school, Isana is unhinged in the Irido household and definitely doesn't care about her image being treated like a weirdo, especially with Yume around for "supervision".

Honestly, Yume doesn't need to be around being the possessive lil' sis towards both Mizuto and Isara for they're being just fine, even when it looks like a couple's strat. I can understand where Isara's coming from, with Mizuto being her closest friend with a common interest, and Yume too (within her darkest secrets). But Yume pitting herself against Isara, their after-couple situation ain't all that over just yet.

If given a choice, I'd think that both Mizuto and Isara sure made a good couple. But due to their own circumstances, it's more a psychological aspect of what it means to be friends.
Aug 24, 2022 12:58 PM

Sep 2020
Really interesting that Yume can't have such a close relationship with Mizuto even though she was his girlfriend. Also that Haruhi reference is so obvious.
Aug 24, 2022 1:00 PM

Jan 2021
I honestly don't see what was wrong with what Higashira was wearing at the start, it looked cute. But seeing her in those multiple different outfits was nice, showing off her figure lol.

I don't know why Yume keep accompanying Minami in helping Higashira if she is clearly jealous of her, specially by the part where she asks Mizuto to put her thighhighs on just because she saw Higashira asking the same before.
Aug 24, 2022 1:01 PM

Feb 2021
This was a pretty good episode, it just made me like Higashira even more.

Another LN reference, this time Harui Suzimiya, was waiting for it to appear, kinda surprised Higashira hadn't read it yet considering she is a big LN reader.
Aug 24, 2022 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
Isana is easily best girl. Big boobs, beautiful feet, little tomboyish and oddball. A-Tier Waifu.

Yeah, and I'm looking for 3rd season.

Aug 24, 2022 2:53 PM

Jun 2021
Best romcom ever!
Aug 24, 2022 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
Thank god they brought Higashira into the show bc I wouldn’t dropped this shit a long time ago if not
Aug 24, 2022 3:27 PM

Sep 2020
This episode proves once again why isana is best girl by far
Aug 24, 2022 3:40 PM
Oct 2013
Weird half boner when he put on her stocking..
Aug 24, 2022 3:42 PM
Aug 2018
Higashira is the only reason I haven't dropped the show yet.
Aug 24, 2022 3:59 PM

Sep 2017
Man I've been jebaited. Where is all the incest in my incest anime smh. I thought we were done with this stupid "we're friends but I like you" thing. Instead we do the boring trope of "nerd girl wears tee-shirts how gross" but also "her tits are huge so everything she hears makes like look like a slut" Very classy.

Well Haruhi is a great series so that's cool.
Aug 24, 2022 4:12 PM
Aug 2021
Isana… she’s a quite unique.
Aug 24, 2022 6:14 PM

Jan 2011
can't be the only one that is just confused on the motives of these characters it doesn't really make sense ever since this Higashira girl has shown up , so random on why they were helping her at the start outside of the method l of using her to make Yume realize shes jealous but then she got rejected yet they're still pushing her with him?? lol what

also it really undersells the character when everything comes back to har har her boobs are big even being self aware doesn't make any less cringe

best darn thing about this show is seeing how many damn Light novels get referenced even if a lot of them are trash, but hey Haruhi so that's something
Aug 24, 2022 6:24 PM
Dec 2021
I absolutely love this anime!
Aug 24, 2022 7:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another Higashira focused episode, I’m kinda surprised Yume is still in on helping her get with Mizuto but I guess it’s because she was already rejected, and it did make for some great moments. Higashira nearly popping out of every outfit she tried on was great lol, those are some powerful G-cups. Thankfully they found a nice outfit that looked really nice on her without exposing too much.

And the moments when Higashira visited Mizuto’s house were great, the parents were immediately interested lol, wish we saw them more. And even though it was just a chill LN reading session including the classic Haruhi (one I still haven’t watched lol) there were still some great shenanigans to be had, like Higashira plopping right into Mizuto’s bed and then making lewd noises while Mizuto massaged her shoulders lol, I also thought it was funny how the two of them kept denying Yume’s allegations that they were dating secretly, you gotta put your homie’s socks on for them, get with the times Yume lol.
Aug 24, 2022 7:20 PM
Dec 2021
Isana Higashira hace de esta obra más disfrutable y divertida. De ahí, un gran detalle que haya salido la novela de Haruhi Suzumiya en el episodio
Aug 24, 2022 7:39 PM

Jun 2021
Higashira flirting with Mizuto in the opening sequence was pretty funny. Very awkward that one. Poor girl shows up in casual clothes and Akatsuki just trashes her look lol. Though having Yume and Akatsuki treat Higashira like a Barbie was great. A real blessing for the viewers because DAYUM. That first outfit? Woof. Loved the G cup jiggle from Akatsuki too. Her just straight up poking Higashira’s boobs when she changed back was hilarious. Dirty old lech!

Now it’s Yume’s time to play dress up haha. It’s kind of cute her style was basically “dress to impress Mizuto”. Liking that new look! Seeing Yume and Mizuto in their puppy love phase was pretty adorable. Those two really were quite precious!

I like Higashira just rolling around on Mizuto’s bed, and ofc the awkward flirting lol. Seeing Higashira worry about losing her spot as #1 friend was cute, it’s a sentiment Yume can relate to somewhat. Also Yume trying to pull a Higashira with the stockings lol. But man, Higashira is just way too adorable. I know Mizuto isn’t gonna end up with her, but he should! That salute at the end and her whole socially awkward persona are just so damn cute.

Lastly, manga/LN I’ve clocked this time: The Mystic Archives of Dantalian, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, That Alone Would Have Been Good Enough, I’ll Answer Your Mystery (same author as this apparently).
Aug 24, 2022 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
Some people just don't understand that Yume still has feelings for Mizuto but also wants to keep up her Facade about being a popular high school girl. Thats why she's going along with Minami (arguably the worst character) to make Higashira into something that Mizuto will fall in love with.

Yume wants the same this Higashira wants from Mizuto and this episode basically states that when Yuma and Higashira talk in the hallway about Higashira's relationship with him.

The show has done a really good job reliving their past and showing how important they are to each other.

So people getting confused as to why Mizuto is not picking Higashira...it's because he still loves Yume. And Vise Versa.

Good episode but I'd like to see more of the sibling development.

Higashira looked good in the dress

and Yume look good in the white Jeans and Pony Tail
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 24, 2022 9:18 PM
Aug 2013
Episode was a huge win for feet guys.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

194 by Cyruser »»
Jan 14, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2022

102 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 27, 2023 5:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.