Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2022 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Yume and Minami definitely had right to be suspicious. They're almost like stalkers this episode.

Not surprised that Mizuto didn't accept Isana's confession at all. They'll likely remain good friends though.
Aug 17, 2022 10:05 AM

Jul 2017
On Yume's stand, I'd understand if she wants to go the traditional way of the love confession, though to say that Mizuto at the time, also was innocent enough to accept. Looking back at it now, it must've been a foolhardy decision.

Isana getting a death treat of a message, though it was just a prank to get her to come outside and meet both Yume and Akatsuki to clear out misunderstandings. She's just as a nervous wreck having her first virgin experience of romance, and Akatsuki proposing a date is just forcing her notions down her throat, it's like they didn't think of her circumstances at all (which Yume SHOULD understand since she was like Isana back then). But given the chance, Isana would've went for Mizuto either way, but since she lacks confidence, it's apt that she needs help.

So then, trying to get Isana close to Mizuto as possible, be it physically or mentally, I feel sad for the potential girlfriend that the stepbrother isn't seeing her the same way he did with Yume back then. And for every step that she tries, Mizuto will back out and try his best not to show forth any feelings, despite Akatsuki's persistence that good or bad, the plan has to go like clockwork. And this, frightens Yume's prospects.

Though I must admit that lots of effort have been given to Isana from both Akatsuki and Yume's help to freshen her up, and what happens thereafter is purely her own effort to get along with Mizuto and eventually be his new girlfriend. But at the same time, Mizuto knows that he can't bear to hurt Yume's heart even after the breakup, his slot is purely reserved for her alone, even if the benefits of going out with Isana outweigh the conflicts.

A selfish act, but also a decision that takes a deep heart's thought. But hey, friends be better than being a significant other.
Aug 17, 2022 10:30 AM

Oct 2017
Isana's a great girl, she really is but too bad for her, Mizuto still likes Yume. I'm glad they can still be friends despite her getting rejected. Also what's Yume gonna do now that she knows?
Aug 17, 2022 10:31 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Yume recounted on her time she gave Mizuto a love letter...
She couldn't find the right time to put it in his shoe locker and instead gave it to him directly.
Higashira gets a letter saying they know her secret and to come to the restaurant after school...
inside was...Yume and Minami who was playing a prank!
Minami continued by saying she still knew her secret...and even though they didn't say what it was, Higashira exposed the fact she used to run a Vtuber channel xD.
Higashira was then asked...if she loved Mizuto. Minami of course asked her what she would do if 'konyabyafghfhdfjakjakaakakak' and took a picture of her reaction lol.
'I look like I'm in heat.'
She still doesn't know how to know if she loves him or not so Minami offers herself and Yume to help. Yume was the one who told her all the things she could do with him if she was his girlfriend and that made Higashira finally accept she wanted to be with him!
MISSION STARTO! (As Kyousuke would say xD).
Mizuto was very straightforward telling her he could see her panties lol.
Minami says she should use her OPPAI as a weapon against him...
And...MISSION STARTO!
Higashira gets closer to Mizuto and puts her oppai right on his body.
And...the result is...Mizuto tells her that they are on him...
Minami then says it is time for her to transform!
MISSION STARTO!
Higashira went to Mizuto with a different look (which she looks better without) and he told her she should be careful eating greasy food..
She then sat next to him multiple times and he moved away. He gave her 'hell' by messing up her hair xD.
Minami tells her that she needs to be prepared to confess to him and that the longer she waits, the harder it will get.
Yume encourages her again and with that, Higashira asked Mizuto to meet him outside the school building tommorow...
Mizuto arrives and BEST GIRL Higashira stumbles with her words a bit until he tells her to speak slowly.
'So please let me be your girlfriend. I like you.'
Mizuto tells her that they have good chemistry and that they are good for each other but he can't return his feelings as he can only show his feelings to one other person.

BEST GIRL HIGASHIRA!!!! DAISUKI DESU! AISHITERU! Mizuto was wrong to turn you down and it hurt reading this part in the LN too :(.
I felt so sorry for her at this point that I just used a sad :( face on MAL for what I believe to be the first time!

Luckily, Higashira and Mizuto are still the same around each other and best friends!

Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 17, 2022 10:34 AM
Dec 2021
Can someone tell when how many volumes of LN are covered till now?
Aug 17, 2022 11:50 AM

Jan 2018
One thing lingered on my mind while watching this episode: Was this absolutely necessary?

The chemistry was too bland. Let them be friends. Jeez.

I'm looking at you, Akatsuki. You manipulative psycho.

I'll consider this episode as a filler.
Aug 17, 2022 11:52 AM
Nov 2020
I'm really liking Isana as a character. She acts so naïve and a bit mature at the same time lmao
Aug 17, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2018
Higashira is a more interesting character than I thought. Looking forward to seeing more of her.
Kinda wish Minami and Yume didn't bother her. So should be protected.
Aug 17, 2022 2:52 PM

Feb 2019
Man I really hate how they tried to force ishihara to change who she was to get with Mizuto. The reason why I and Mizuto liked her is because of her oblivious personality and how she’s just easy to be around. Was kind of uncomfortable to see them try and change that. I’m glad she went back to herself at the end

Of COURSE best girl always loses smh. At least wanted the tension to drag on for a few episodes or so. Sigh, it is what it is
Aug 17, 2022 2:53 PM
Jun 2020
Isana kinda ruined this anime to me. Unfortunately it looks like it is one of those romance shows the MC picks the Main Girl because she is, you know, the main girl, instead of the one he actually has a better chemistry.

They couldn't even create a excuse the MC reject her for a girl he actually spend he just can't get along.
Aug 17, 2022 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
Last two episodes have been surprisingly decent, especially this one. I was close to dropping but I think I’ll let this play out a bit more
Aug 17, 2022 3:11 PM

Sep 2020
The mc feels like Ayanokouji in this episode for some reason, and he sill likes Yume, it's an interesting development.
Aug 17, 2022 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Nainu_ said:
One thing lingered on my mind while watching this episode: Was this absolutely necessary?

Feels like she did this on purpose to see how Yume would react
Aug 17, 2022 3:13 PM
Mar 2021
isana is better than yume btw
Aug 17, 2022 3:15 PM
Mar 2021
mattnoce said:
Nainu_ said:

shes such a L character lmao
Aug 17, 2022 3:15 PM

Jan 2018
mattnoce said:
Nainu_ said:

Regardless, I still don't like her on a personal note.
Aug 17, 2022 3:33 PM
Oct 2021
Mistake found! In the beginning of the observation between Higashira-san and Irido-kun in the library, her socks were worn instead of removed.
Aug 17, 2022 3:34 PM

Sep 2017
Zzzzzzz what a pointless episode. Can we not just let them be friends instead of this cringe romance thing that leads to nothing.
Aug 17, 2022 3:40 PM

Jan 2021
Through the whole episode i was like "what the fuck is happening?"

Never thought Yume and Minami would play the stalking game

I almost feel bad for Mizuto because Isana was so pushy lmao
Aug 17, 2022 3:57 PM
May 2019
ProofByColor said:
Zzzzzzz what a pointless episode. Can we not just let them be friends instead of this cringe romance thing that leads to nothing.

"Cringe romance thing" often leads to reproduction, which is how humanity has continued to survive. IJS.
Aug 17, 2022 4:15 PM

May 2019
Good episode but what the heck is going?? I think the mastermind behind all this has to be Akatsuki and I'm wondering why? My guess is that Akatsuki wants to see how Yume reacts with this whole fiasco to verify if the girl that Mizuto is talking about is Yume as I don't think Akatsuki knows for sure that they were a couple. Beyond that, I'm not sure if their plan worked out or not, like did Akatsuki hope that Mizuto said yes or did she hope that he would say no and therefore "break up" and not even be friends anymore? Whatever her goal was, it looked like it backfired as Isana and Mizuto are still friends. I think that Akatsuki might try to find out who Mizuto's girl is if she doesn't know.
Aug 17, 2022 4:17 PM
Mar 2022
gotta give respect to my man Irido, he's ready to listen to anything Higashira has to say and will comply and so he did maturely. Not a fan of how akatsuki forced the girl to go all through this... can now see what Kawanami had gone through. But its a good thing everything is fine on higashira's end.
Aug 17, 2022 4:18 PM

Oct 2021
Kind of disappointed that she got rejected.
I'm satisfied either way tho.
yes.
Aug 17, 2022 4:19 PM

May 2021
nagars said:
Can someone tell when how many volumes of LN are covered till now?

this is vol 2 iirc or the start of 3
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 17, 2022 4:29 PM

Nov 2011
I like the approach they are taking in the beginning of each episode as to how the romantic feelings between the two and their relationship came about. I think it has been a nice touch throughout the series.

Honestly I thought the episode was pretty funny until the end where we got a pretty serious moment and both Yume and US now understand who #1 in Mizuto's heart is.

m_ad1 said:
Mistake found! In the beginning of the observation between Higashira-san and Irido-kun in the library, her socks were worn instead of removed.

Okay glad im not the only one who noticed it. And then her socks were in her shoes lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 17, 2022 4:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The quest to get Higashira on a date with Mizuto was fun, but as expected it was a fruitless effort, based on the answer Mizuto gave at the end of the episode he truly is hung up on Yume, it’s a shame because he’d be great with Higashira but at least they’re still hanging out regardless of the rejection, which had Yume and Minami shocked lol.

It was a fun ride tho, Higashira using her boobs to get Mizuto to notice her was funny especially because she was too embarrassed herself lol. The makeover definitely was a good play but Mizuto roughed up her hair when she got too close lol. I’m really glad they stayed friends tho because I like the duo a lot.
Aug 17, 2022 5:01 PM
Oct 2020
Why were her socks off then on then off? Kinda bothered me anyways green hair girl is already best girl for me. I would be her friend 10/10
Aug 17, 2022 5:04 PM

May 2021
Forget any praise I may or may not have levied upon Akatsuki. They were bullying the NOW best girl Isana. She deserves to be protecc-ted.

Aug 17, 2022 5:14 PM

Jul 2011
This episode made me feel frustrated. They wavy Haganai LN, remembering me that probably, we wont get another Haganai anime season. Sad.
Aug 17, 2022 5:40 PM
Oct 2019
Yeahh Isana rubbing her boobs on Mizuto back?
What am i watching?
Aug 17, 2022 5:49 PM

Sep 2015
Polvo_Aranha said:
Isana kinda ruined this anime to me. Unfortunately it looks like it is one of those romance shows the MC picks the Main Girl because she is, you know, the main girl, instead of the one he actually has a better chemistry.

They couldn't even create a excuse the MC reject her for a girl he actually spend he just can't get along.

You do realize both the girls have the same personality and backstory? That's the point of her existing as a character in the story, for Yume to understand why Mizuto accepted her confession but refused Isana. In other words, Mizuto likes Yume for reasons other than what she and the viewer thought it to be.
Aug 17, 2022 5:56 PM
Jun 2020
LemonMAL said:
Polvo_Aranha said:

You do realize both the girls have the same personality and backstory? That's the point of her existing as a character in the story, for Yume to understand why Mizuto accepted her confession but refused Isana. In other words, Mizuto likes Yume for reasons other than what she and the viewer thought it to be.

Yes, now they need to develop their relationship, show the good moments they had, instead, you know, just thr bad moments and why they broke up.
Aug 17, 2022 6:19 PM
Sep 2020
again the green hair girls being rejected...
Aug 17, 2022 7:11 PM

Dec 2019
Isana's perspective was okay from the start (see the resolution at the end of the episode) but Akatsuki (who sent her a threatening letter disguised as a meetup later) doesn't really understand that friends can stay friends.
This episode is really annoying since you can see how girl-friends can especially ruin your perspective even though it was platonic at first. Highly unnecessary but seeing the cliche plot here, the rejection was bound to come.
Still, Yume didn't change from her past character (in the beginning of the episode) since she can't stop Akatsuki by voicing out her opinion (same with how she couldn't voice out her confession to Irido in the past). If you have self-confidence, you should know when to speak up and defend the other side especially when it's wrong already. Don't compare the other person to your past self when you don't even have enough self-awareness that you haven't moved a step from it. Yume is basically someone who changed her image but didn't improve her personality, thinking that changing your image is equivalent to improving yourself.
I don't think there's anything wrong with continuing to be friends with someone who rejected you when in the first place you didn't even have romantic feelings for that person (like isn't love, basically).
Good character development for Isana here (actually a good match for Irido) and this episode just showed a better glimpse of how shallow Yume is (and how annoying Akatsuki is).
Aug 17, 2022 7:18 PM

Sep 2020
Protect isana at all cost
Aug 17, 2022 7:22 PM

Jun 2021
One of my new favorite things to do is clock every manga that makes an appearance in the eps lol. Couldn’t make out what he was reading at the start of the ep, but in the library later on we got Mizuto and Higashira reading Haganai (I believe).

But anyways, it was kind of cute how Yume confessed. Very sweet! You know what wasn’t sweet? That insane letter Akatsuki made. Poor Higashira thought she was being blackmailed lol. I’d like to know more about the Vtuber thing! What the heck did Akatsuki even whisper to her!? And why does Yume have a video of Mizuto sleeping? Lol.

I do like how caught up Yume got though. She’s helping Higashira get with Mizuto even though she still has feelings for him. Yeah, this won’t be a total disaster lol.

Akatsuki straight up fondling Higashira in the bathroom and then repeatedly poking her boobs was hilarious. She’s like a dirty old man! Haha. Oh man, poor Higashira’s trying so hard rubbing up on Mizuto like that haha. Poor girl is dying of embarrassment! But I do appreciate her effort. She’s really cute too! That confession at the end took a lot of courage and I really commend her for it.

Mizuto is trippin, man. I get he’s still not over Yume, but I think being rejected like Higashira did is way worse. “It’s not you, it’s me?” Really? Dude can do better then that can’t he? Poor girl. I feel bad for her. Or I would if she wasn’t so mentally tough! You go Higashira! Don’t let that rejection get you down! I like this girl, man.
Aug 17, 2022 7:44 PM

Dec 2021
The relationship between Mizuto and Yume are like an unstable nuclear reactor that could go on a meltdown anytime. Higashira Isana is the best girl and would actually suit Mizuto but the problem is his conflicting feelings deep inside.

I would rather have him to be with Isana than trying his chances with Yume and also Yume trying hard to go back to the past times of being with Mizuto.
Aug 17, 2022 7:46 PM
Jun 2017
sometimes its all about the timing and whether you really are sure about what you are feeling with...

i dont like how Minami is forcing Isana to confess to Mizuto.. as while watching this one, i feel that she is doing it not to help Isana but its for her own entertainment...

For Isana , because of YUme and Minami, she is confused with being friends and being in love.... and thats where it leads to the rejection... Mizuto only looks at Isana as friends and thats it... They really just misinterpreted it so much..

And to Mizuto, I agree with that last part, where he rejected Isana... his reasoning is on point, and of course this series is all about Yume and Mizuto, and NO ONE CAN BREAK IT.. YEAH...

note: they are just step siblings, but not blood related....
Aug 17, 2022 7:59 PM
Dec 2021
Best episode ever!!!
Aug 17, 2022 8:25 PM
Mar 2022
oh it was a great episode. Isana is really a good girl. It's sad that Mizuto can't forget the feeling of Yume. Isana really deserves to be agreat girl to be still friend with Mizuto that why she is the best girl so far
Aug 17, 2022 8:29 PM

Sep 2018
I struggling to take this baby faced, fourteen year old looking guy seriously, acting all mature and indifferent most of the time. Maybe I'm getting just sick of these cookie cutter stoic characters.
Aug 17, 2022 8:59 PM

Feb 2011
Kinda sad about Isana, but it was expected.

Oh well. Decent episode.

Aug 17, 2022 9:33 PM

Jan 2022
thought it was kind of lame that they pressured Higashira into confessing even though she wasn't worried. this episode made me feel sad
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 17, 2022 9:41 PM

Jul 2021
Higashira with a W mindset, you go girl!

From the start I had a feeling that they introduced Higashira as a potential love interest just to break her heart later because we all know who's in Mizuto's heart.

Not gonna lie thoguh, the girls were being really forceful on Higashira, I'm just glad the confession didn't hurt the friendship between Higashira and Mizuto. Akatsuki was being nosy as hell.

I think this was the first time in ages that I cringed so hard as during the scene where Higahira was just repeatedly pressing her boobs against Mizuto. I literally had to pause and I was like waht the fuck am I watching. That was some high level cringe bro.

Higashira looked pretty cute after the makeover tho.

Gotta respect Mizuto's decision though, I could see how hard it was for him to turn down Higashira especially since he could imagine how good they would be together. At this point whenever I'm watching a confession scene in anime I just automatically expect a "demo" and it's always the fucking "demo".
Nothing surprising here, it's always the short haired girls getting friendzoned or rejected.

I can't explain how glad I am that Higashira and Mizuto are still acting perfectly normal to each other as if the confession just didn't happen, much to the girls' surprise.

Great episode, one of the better ones. 5/5.
TsutanaiFuunAug 17, 2022 9:44 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 17, 2022 9:41 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Love letters huh how romantic. Wow though a blackmail letter in a shoe locker now thats a new one. At least it was only a prank. In a way Isana actually resembles Yume when she was young. Given this it's no wonder Yume was so supportive. Though kinda also projecting her own feelings into it as well. The balance of friends and lovers is always something that's tricky to balance. Given that Mizuto is her best crush this kind of worry is to be expected. Its unfortunate that while the setup for the confession was perfect that it didn't go as planned for Isana. Still its clear that this is because Mizuto already has someone within his heart that he cares for. Can't wait to see what happens next especially after seeing Yume's tears. Overall an excellent ep that while providing some nice comedy moments via Isana's attempt to woo Mizuto also did well to expand upon his inner heart as well regarding the one girl that he still cares for despite their relationship being much different now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2022 10:00 PM
Mar 2015
GF rejected Back to the friendzone
Aug 17, 2022 10:08 PM

Dec 2015
Akatsuki shows her stalker tendencies yet again with that note and the ideas she comes up with. Love the comparison between Yume's current self talking to Isana as if it was her back in middle school. Who are you trying to encourage here, Yume?

Shame that it didn't go as planned but I do like that Mizuto is honest about it. Looks like Yume has some reflection to do and Akatsuki has definitive confirmation of Yume and Mizuto's past relationship (maybe?).
Aug 18, 2022 1:49 AM
Dec 2018
This is the bible of my life and the continuation to MLK's legacy as a leading black civil rights activist. In the show MAMAHAHA, we are introduced to the idea of equal rights within all races. The presence of the African man within the eyes of the main characters symbolise that even when we think our African roots aren't present, they are always deep inside and within us. This resonates with our human mind and allows us to appreciate our ancestors and prehistoric elders. This anime is one of the reasons I studied BBC in the University of Chad and has forever changed my life and my destiny; I believe anyone who watches this masterpiece will be enlightened and discover their inner peace/tranquility.
Aug 18, 2022 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
Higashira your prime example of an innocent waifu! her blushes really hits hard!
5/5.

Aug 18, 2022 2:30 AM
Jun 2022
Isana is just the absolute best. T-T
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

102 by Frankis09 »»
Jan 29, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2022

194 by Cyruser »»
Jan 14, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2022

109 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

172 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 4:19 PM

Poll: » Mamahaha no Tsurego ga Motokano datta Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

112 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Sep 28, 2023 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.