Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 4, 2021 5:53 PM
Nov 2017
that's disgusting. You can from the 1sr Ep guess what's going on in this show.
I knew from the first 3 episodes that's nothing special about this anime it's getting worse and worse episode after episode.
Jun 4, 2021 6:00 PM
Nov 2017
winshenv said:
AnimeBaka_ said:

stupid story to be honest. Like which brother who have good amount of salary in work. will leave a 16 yr old to run away?

yea i could say stupid plot for this one but i personally love this anime but his brother really disappoint me.

it's absolutely a stupid story a 16 years old run away from her house and have sex every night with someone who doesn't know it just for staying with him WTF bro and the brother let his sister go away.I really hate the shows who thinks that we're stupid.
Jun 4, 2021 7:17 PM

Jan 2009
I guess I'm not the only one here who expected far worse regarding Sayu's background, I don't feel the reason was compelling enough, why redirect all that animosity towards her own family? it's like telling me a young girl whose only source of emotional support could be her own home decides to disappear into the world? with NO support whatsoever? that doesn't seem viable, what about the whole problem with her mother? did she just woke up one day and decided she was an unwanted child? asymmetric preference? what led her relationship with her mother to be such a trainwreck to begin with? and oniisan? he seemed like a totally chill guy in my opinion, an affection-starved teenager would probably drift towards that sort of character faster than just deciding to face the hardships of the same world that treated her like s*** a while ago, the whole decision making process is very illogical.

Just saying, this is full of weird gaps all over, not liking it very much, considering what the character has been developing into, I expected much more from this level of storytelling, but I guess I set my expectations a bit too high here.

Cause hey, most of the characters have been solid in their characterization insofar, even that cardboard "Iwannabeyourgirlfriendbaka" coworker has some kind of weird sense of coherence in her own twisted way of seeing things, but this thing about Sayu, giving her one episode called PAST and chalking it up to an evil mother is kinda gtfo man, it just doesn't correlate well to what we have learned about her as a character up to this point.
Jun 4, 2021 11:58 PM
Jul 2019
Gab5 said:
Sayu's behaviour and her choices are all wrong. Her mother is horrible but she actually behaves like a spoilt brat as well.
Her mother's reaction doesn't make any sense.
The press showing up at her house when it seems that NO ONE knew the bullying was taking place doesn't make any sense. If the press were wise enough to approach her friend, why weren't the teachers able to see what was happening and stop it?
Her friend's parents must have felt just great, losing their child and then seeing her best friend skip town.
The brother should have insisted that she stayed more local to home, without running away to the other side of the country. Or half of it.
The brother is far too late to worry about how Sayu is and what her relationship with Yoshida is, when he has lost touch with her for four months and she has been sleeping her way across Japan.
I've never been bullied, am male and have never run away from home, so i have no idea whether masturbating in a hotel and letting my money run out makes any sense. But I would have thought that her brother would have helped her if she hadn't thrown her phone away.
Her mother saying that her brother was working hard doesn't make any sense, when Sayu is just a school girl.

Maybe the LN gives more detail, and the anime rushed it to some extent. But it feels as if the author was trying to make the most horrific backstory but did a bad job of it. Even Asami is now asking Yoshida 'what are you going to do?', pushing him towards Sayu when she is meant to be going home.
Her friend's suicide and her reason for jumping don't even make any sense, that explanation before she jumped suggests severe psychological issues that someone should have picked up on before things came to this. Seems odd that someone who does that, for that reason, wouldn't show any other signs of distress. But the press managed to latch onto it?

I agree, the running away plot was really half assed, especially as the brother seems to understand how bad the mother is. And he is still saying 'I can hold her off for a week or so' when it is obvious that she's a psycho and Sayu actually seems to be happy where she is. And his talk about adults not being as nice as they seem came about 4 months too late and Sayu probably understands that better than he does.

This was the crucial part of the plot and it had to be done right to justify why Sayu is there and why people have made all the sacrifices that have been made. I don't think they did it very well and the story deserved a better explanation than the one that we got.

Meanwhile, Yoshida just heard this story for the first time and is ready to go 'full steam ahead' with Sayu. And Asami is now egging him on.

Mod Note: Removed response to deleted post

TBH she don't deserve to be called mother, lucky I don't have that kind of parents

That kind of parenting only creates a monster, remember the Jennifer Pan and Sef Gonzales case. Parents should love their children, not abusing them mentally and physically
Jun 5, 2021 5:19 AM
Dec 2018
ironcross30 said:
Gab5 said:
Sayu's behaviour and her choices are all wrong. Her mother is horrible but she actually behaves like a spoilt brat as well.
Her mother's reaction doesn't make any sense.
The press showing up at her house when it seems that NO ONE knew the bullying was taking place doesn't make any sense. If the press were wise enough to approach her friend, why weren't the teachers able to see what was happening and stop it?
Her friend's parents must have felt just great, losing their child and then seeing her best friend skip town.
The brother should have insisted that she stayed more local to home, without running away to the other side of the country. Or half of it.
The brother is far too late to worry about how Sayu is and what her relationship with Yoshida is, when he has lost touch with her for four months and she has been sleeping her way across Japan.
I've never been bullied, am male and have never run away from home, so i have no idea whether masturbating in a hotel and letting my money run out makes any sense. But I would have thought that her brother would have helped her if she hadn't thrown her phone away.
Her mother saying that her brother was working hard doesn't make any sense, when Sayu is just a school girl.

Maybe the LN gives more detail, and the anime rushed it to some extent. But it feels as if the author was trying to make the most horrific backstory but did a bad job of it. Even Asami is now asking Yoshida 'what are you going to do?', pushing him towards Sayu when she is meant to be going home.
Her friend's suicide and her reason for jumping don't even make any sense, that explanation before she jumped suggests severe psychological issues that someone should have picked up on before things came to this. Seems odd that someone who does that, for that reason, wouldn't show any other signs of distress. But the press managed to latch onto it?

I agree, the running away plot was really half assed, especially as the brother seems to understand how bad the mother is. And he is still saying 'I can hold her off for a week or so' when it is obvious that she's a psycho and Sayu actually seems to be happy where she is. And his talk about adults not being as nice as they seem came about 4 months too late and Sayu probably understands that better than he does.

This was the crucial part of the plot and it had to be done right to justify why Sayu is there and why people have made all the sacrifices that have been made. I don't think they did it very well and the story deserved a better explanation than the one that we got.

Meanwhile, Yoshida just heard this story for the first time and is ready to go 'full steam ahead' with Sayu. And Asami is now egging him on.

Mod Note: Removed response to deleted post

TBH she don't deserve to be called mother, lucky I don't have that kind of parents

That kind of parenting only creates a monster, remember the Jennifer Pan and Sef Gonzales case. Parents should love their children, not abusing them mentally and physically

Yes, agreed. There are people who should just never have had children, although I think her mum would agree cos she never wanted Sayu. I don't recognise this kind of parenting so it's hard to understand. But it must surely mess up your life and be hard to understand. Imagine the person who gave birth to you, and who has been there from your first second of life, hating you? That would be tough to take.
Jun 5, 2021 5:48 AM

May 2015
Soooo... a brother who has some cash just let his sister go... AINT NOBODY BUYING THAT. In short: bullshit.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 6, 2021 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode with alot of backstory to Sayu and the current murai shakai mentality they have in Japan. About anybody that acts different to the rest of japanese society. Great and emotional for a good episode. They really get along with the modern state of Japanese society and the future they are heading. In two generations they are gonna cease to exist.
Jun 6, 2021 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
In geopolítics therms i mean.
Jun 7, 2021 4:20 AM

Nov 2013
This felt rather stupid to me!
Sayu has a caring and supportive brother. I assumed nobody in her family cared for her and that was why out of desperation Sayu began selling herself for food and shelter - I thought perhaps she was being abused by brother thus why she'd rather be a whore than to ask for help from her family. Turns out, Sayu's rich brother is a good person and even Sayu herself knows this and they seem to be on good terms. He seems like a guy who could've helped her even as she ran out of money in those two weeks. No doubt, he isn't a guy who wants his sister becoming a plaything to random men just because she ran out of money. In other words, he WOULD'VE continued supporting her in secret even if she refused to come back home after months of running away! AND YET, Sayu chose to basically betray own brother's trust and chose to be a whore instead. And THIS she did because she didn't want to be a bother to him any longer?!! AND YET, for the same exact reason she decided to sleep with every men she met! - Because she didn't want to be a bother to them and felt she had to repay them. This makes NO sense??? Was she probably just too horny? WHY trade own body (and her first-time) to complete strangers, rather than to ask for more help from own F'ing brother who clearly wishes the best for you??? Where are your priorities Sayu??? Where's your pride??? wtf are you doing?!

Sayu's brother is also an idiot! Trusting a traumatized teen and letting her go completely on her own. Why not rent an apartment for her somewhere? Did he honestly believe a teen would suddenly become an adult and think rationally?

In conclusion, Ogiwara's are a family of retards: the brother, the sister, the mother and I recon the father (who we haven't yet met) is even more dumb than those 3 combined!

Sayu should also consider herself lucky none of the men she met were crazy and didn't lock her up even murder her... Truly a stupid girl...
Jun 7, 2021 7:38 AM

May 2021
it was great
I liked the concept and the animation is good too
Jun 8, 2021 11:24 PM

Jan 2021
AH yes this episode is literally burnt to my mind as the “C O O M episode”

why did they add that into the freaking anime

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Jun 12, 2021 2:55 AM

May 2019
What an amazingly stupid show from start to the end.
Jun 12, 2021 8:21 AM

Jun 2019
sarcasmosrevenge said:
In geopolítics therms i mean.

They already ceased to exist in geopolitical terms in every practical sense in 1945. But to be fair, most countries have and many lost their raw power and relevance on the world stage even centuries before that.

Their power today is in soft power as one of the world's largest economies (still third largest after the U.S. and China) by GDP and as a fountain of art and culture in film and animation, music, cars, electronics, video games, and other technology and consumer goods, including pharmaceuticals.

Other than that, they're a U.S. client state and have been for over 75 years, but it isn't due to declining population or aging or anything like that.

Jun 15, 2021 8:10 AM

Jun 2016
The mother is kinda the bitch here.
Jun 22, 2021 4:04 AM

Oct 2020
Oh wow... the fuck?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2021 11:03 AM

Feb 2014
LOL is the brother retarded? What kind of a brother lets his 16 year old sister (who is a sheltered and spoiled brat) run away on her own when she has gone through a traumatic experience and isn't mentally stable? Not to mention, this dumbshit is the son of a CEO, but instead of making arrangements for her her to stay in a hotel for as long as she needs, he hands her some chump change and sends her off? This moron is worse than the mother. Everything that happened to Sayu between running away and meeting Yoshida is on him.
Jun 25, 2021 2:08 AM
Sep 2020
Dumbest Sh*tshow...& woW that Frigging Ridiculous backstory..YUP the dumb in this show and how funny the kids watching this react is how I enjoy this COMEDY Routine
Jun 26, 2021 5:35 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah idk how any adult would hand out money to a minor to live in a hotel for a week. Sayu's past in general was kinda half-assed and perfunctory.
Jun 27, 2021 4:11 PM

Oct 2013
This family is fucking dumb as bricks. "ok I know you're traumatized and mom's a cunt but lemme just hand you a few thousand bucks so you can adult for a little while." I don't need to rag on this dude, because the entire thread is doing it, but... what the fuck? Meanwhile Okasan, who is clearly the final boss, is losing her shit because of reporters. Is this what wealthy parenting is like? I have no idea.

The bullying theme was irrational, but I've seen enough "teen angst drives youth to suicide" plot points IRL and in fiction to know that teen drama is irrational, so in this case it was handled practically. I don't know what the fuck is going on with the rest of the writing. I have my criticisms, but one selling point of the series thus far is that the characters are all handled like real people. Then the series decides to justify its entire existence with a heaping dose of "everything is despair" anime bullshit. Ok fam.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 28, 2021 5:01 PM

Nov 2017
Yayyyyyy,looks like this thread is the "trigger much" thread,absolutely outstanding :D
Jun 30, 2021 11:10 AM

Jul 2019
I wished they showed more about why she dont get along with the mother.
Jul 13, 2021 11:39 PM

Feb 2014
wow that was bad... the background story, the suicide and etc... cliche and badly written
TechOtakuJul 13, 2021 11:42 PM
Jul 15, 2021 10:34 AM
May 2018
That was stupid af, I even had to cover my face up with a pillow because of how cringe that was, holy. I don't know about you guys, but the author was a fucking idiot when they thought about that backstory, Sayu's "friend" was a fucking cancer, let alone a "friend". Since when would a real friend frame someone? I get a bit if she did it alone in her room and shit, but on the rooftop? when Sayu was still on it? fucking hell, I don't get what the author was thinking. What a great-magnificent friend she was, jumping off a roof building in the name of "friendship" and even took a moment to speech like a shitty dictator LMAO what a joke, great job, now Sayu is plumbing her pipes everywhere. Did she really think that was the best course of action? if she did, no wonder no one would befriend her. "Traumatism is the best way to wake someone up" that friend probably thought. Most stupid backstory I've ever seen, holy. It's so idiotic that I don't even know how this anime was ever completed, yes, bullying is bad without a doubt, but mate, the author, you are writing a god damn piece of work, at least make it senseable, I don't mind if her friend did it out of spite to piss Sayu off, but in the name of "friendship"? like she said in her speech? "always smile yadayada"? and then dam she killed herself in front of her? wow, I just can't imagine what were going through inside the author's brain. Both Yuuko and Sayu are shit as hell is what I'm getting though.

The brother too, like, she's a girl you know, a fucking Highschooler? If she ran away at that very moment her future is pretty much ruined yes? I thought the guy was supposed to be this highly intelligent guy with big brain and shit, but wtf he's a walking joke. Did he really think that everything would be OK after 2 weeks, like she would just walk back to her home and says "I'm BACK" with a smuggy-ass smile? if he's already loaded with money, which he probably was and thought that she needed time to think, why not just rent a room near there, where you can keep a close watch on her? at least you'll be there if she's up to no good. But noooo, send her out of the island and across the bloody country cause I am sure it'll work out, said the shitty brother. Fucking hell, that episode was as shit as one can be.

I won't say shit about her mother because she's obviously a moron just like her daughter and son but this anime is veri guuud am i right?
How the hell is this shit rated 7.40 when basic human thoughts do not exist here.
Jul 19, 2021 1:08 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I'm glad that reason was actually good.. Why Sayu left home..
Aug 6, 2021 1:13 AM

Jun 2020
That embrace by Sayu to Yoshida really speaks for itself that he's the one who she trusts at this time, Good thing her brother is that considerate for his little sister

Finally she's bringing up her past we now will learn what was the drive to run away from her home, A lot of bullying can really hurt a lot of people involved, Damn that's just too much for Yuuko, This is so heartbreaking man from that drama alone led to a lot of scarring shit happening to Sayu even her own mother actually thought of blaming her daughter in the end what's up with that and Issa's move is not plausible as that lead to what's happened today

I wish her the best to recover from this nightmare that lead to her running away the real world is a bitch out there.
Aug 28, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
Understandable to see why Sayu ran away as she not only experienced the traumatic event of best friend Yuuko committing suicide right in front of her but also her shitty excuse of a mother not giving a damn and even putting the blame on her.
I got to say the brother is quite the dumbass for just giving 2 weeks of money without knowing where Sayu is going, instead of renting a nearby apartment and checking in on her which would've prevented all those men taking advantage of her.
UnkrownedAug 28, 2021 7:04 AM

Oct 1, 2021 8:35 PM

Jan 2019
Anime bitch of the year goes to... Sayu's mother!

Her brother seems like a genuinely good dude though. Not sure why he couldn't offer to take her in, at least temporarily.
Oct 10, 2021 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this backstory is stupid and overdramatic. The moment you see this girl you know she's gonna die.
And Sayu had all the time in the world to save this idiot, during her like 2-minute long speach.
So, i'm gonna kill myself, so you will blame yourself like forever. I'm such a good friend. I could like stop attend the school or stop our friendship whatsoever but no, i'm gonna ruin your life because i like you so much.
And of course all these anime roofs are opened the whole day. You can jump whenever you want, please, be our guest.
GvendolineOct 10, 2021 6:18 PM
Dec 22, 2021 7:09 AM

Mar 2021
Ahora todo tiene sentido, lo que si no acepto es que el hermano de sayu este deacuerdo en que debe estar lejos de casa un tiempo para pensar las cosas.
Jan 15, 2022 10:12 AM
Jan 2016
I didn't have high expectations but I'm still disappointed. . Somehow none of the characters seem to act like normal people do. And now suicide is a mere 5 minute plot device to make us sympathize more with sayu, cuz in this anime the only reason possible for someone to kill themselves is that "sayu is way too cool to hang out with me". What a distasteful portrayal of school bullying and it's consequences. It could have been much better written but unsurprisingly for this show, it wasn't.
Mar 10, 2022 7:43 PM
Mar 2022
The moment her friend said "Thank you" I was like RUN BITCH GO GRAB HER like wtf. Imagine you see your friend on the edge of the school. I would straight up cut there monolog, carry there ass over the damn fence, and body slam them down the stairs. But hey, it's anime what can I say. I can only get pissed off about how ignorant she could be. At least say something to get her back like "I would kill myself if you jumped." Even if it isn't true it would help and be better than sit there and let her monolog.
Mar 28, 2022 2:31 PM

Aug 2017
Main girl is dirty. Starting to not like this show. It's getting progressively worse. White Knight Yoshida is the only guy who doesn't get any action
May 24, 2022 7:30 PM
Sep 2021
The episode was decent, finally got the backstory, now interested to see how things will playout from the upcoming episodes.
I give this episode 6/10.
Oct 8, 2022 3:13 PM

Jan 2021
Jesus.... That was.... Heavy...
Oct 17, 2022 2:43 PM

Feb 2021
I find it amazing how quickly I grew to like Yuko, how quickly I was heartbroken by her death, and how quickly I hated her mother, incredible work on their part
Jan 2, 2023 12:46 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
I expected a completely different reaction from her brother. I think it's really crazy how everyone so quickly accepts that Sayu lives there, it's almost strange.
Jan 31, 2023 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
For those who cuss at Sayu's brother, you need to remember that he was raised by the same b*tch (their mother), maybe the only thing that he could think of was to provide Sayu with money. Also, another factor is that if Sayu's brother provided Sayu with some sort of temporary house, just remember that their mother would do anything to get Sayu back, and that probably wouldn't give Sayu the freedom feeling.

So yeah, the very root of this "stupid" story was that old b*tch. Not to mention, the girls in Sayu's school who think that they're better than anyone else.
Mar 14, 2023 11:16 PM

Feb 2022
As always those fcking bullies... I wonder what's running on their fcked up mind, why they bully etc...
Mar 17, 2023 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
I guess her backstory involving bullying surprised nobody. And her brother actually helped her to run away? That was quite a weird plan.
Apr 8, 2023 2:37 AM

Nov 2022
So her rich brother that seemed more supportive of her won't provide a small place for her to stay and collect her thoughts, instead give her some huge allowance and tell her to go do whatever. Lmao, huge blunder by the author since no real brother, rich or not, would ever leave his little sister alone like that.
Apr 30, 2023 2:06 AM
Feb 2023
Fan service was good but the good part of my heart is saying "why is the author sexualising Sayu?" because what she was doing was disgusting!!! Damned 304!!
Apr 30, 2023 7:28 PM

Oct 2022
Her mother was being plain selfish, I agree that they simply need time away from each other until her mother cools down since she's letting the stress get the better of her. Sayu still had her brother. She should have negotiated with him from the start, maybe he'd be willing to hook her up with a place to stay, or stay with him for a longer period of time. She should've opened up to him more, he seems like a kind brother, and I'm sure he would've thought of something. Sayu TRULY doesn't understand her own worth.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 6, 10:59 PM

Nov 2022
I'm really glad that her brother was nice and supporting! Better than what I feared!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.