Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 31, 2021 2:30 PM
Apr 2018
What happened to gotou? Are we not going to see her anymore?
May 31, 2021 2:32 PM

Apr 2018
Really glad that her brother isn't a mean guy. he's damn nice (for now)

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 31, 2021 2:34 PM
Nov 2019
HatTrickPatrick said:
Is it not possible her brother receives similar inconsiderate treatment from their mother? I don't understand why he would help her run away, but I also don't understand hating him for it. Way too easy for a lot of y'all to judge

In the LN The brother is a successful, rich businessman so any failings or shortcomings Sayu has gets the "Your brothers so successful - you're not" treatment from the mother.

Due to what happened with Sayu's mother and father - there is no motherly bond between Her and Sayu, She's just seen as a problem by the mother.

May 31, 2021 2:34 PM
Nov 2019
R77Prodigy said:

Gotou's backstory is Volume 4 chapter 13 so probably next episode.
May 31, 2021 2:37 PM
Apr 2018
penrhos said:
R77Prodigy said:

Gotou's backstory is Volume 4 chapter 13 so probably next episode.
awesome. Really like gotou. She is very mature. But i feel like she wont win in the end unfortunately. Since she loves yoshida and yoshida loves her for some reason i just dont see it happening.
May 31, 2021 2:38 PM
Apr 2021
I’m sad Sayu went through all of that, I couldn’t imagine witnessing my only friend commit suicide right in front of me. And to make it worse the reason she committed suicide was because she felt that her existence was only hurting my reputation. Spread love to everyone and never judge someone based on there appearance. If someone looks down say something nice, who knows, that nice comment could ultimately be the words that saves them from suicide.
May 31, 2021 2:41 PM

Aug 2020
I thought the backstory of Sayu was horrifying, but not that bad, i'm just so glad that Yoshida was there to save Sayu. Even though the amount of negativity I have of Issa, I thank him for giving the money to Sayu to take a break from her mother.

Also what was up with putting Yuuko on the end card of the show, especially for promoting the next episode, that isn't right Project No.9.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

May 31, 2021 2:41 PM
Jan 2021
Syureria said:
Somehow before this show started I felt like I had guessed how the story would go in this episode. Ma, whatever it is as you know in episode 9 is an episode that will explain how Sayu end up like this. Issa, Sayu's older brother, comes to Yoshida's apartment to take Sayu back to Asahikawa. Issa thinks that adults will always something strange towards his sister, even so Sayu insists that Yoshida is a friendly guy. I don't know what happened, it's clear that an organization came to Sayu's house and asked to Sayu's mom, Because basically Sayu has been missing from the house for 6 months. Issa and Sayu come out to talk about Sayu's return back to Asahikawa.

Asami and Yoshida heard the story of Sayu's past, this the story when Sayu was in her second year of highschool. Yuuko is Sayu's first friend, Sayu and Yuuko often went to the roof for lunch together, somehow call it. However, Yuuko received intimidation from her classmates,

It's my first time seeing Sayu's mom in animation, Idk.... Sayu managed to escape / runaway? FK English idk how i called it lol... from the house. Sayu missed her mother but now Sayu is free without being seen by anyone. Sayu tries some bad habits, but Sayu doesn't dare to try alcohol or tobacco (drugs?) So in the end Sayu just strips herself, yeah Sayu always masturbating in the hotel, even that bad habit she can't stop.

Sayu runs out of money, until Sayu walks alone in the city, until Sayu meets an office worker and the office worker tells Sayu to stay at his house .... And yeah, Sayu got rape, lost virginity. If you want to get more info about Sayu past, you can check this Threads ofc (obviously spoiler)

Thanks for the review. Now i understand the episode more. Did she really masturbate? They cant do that. To see how a sweet girl do such things is hard
May 31, 2021 2:44 PM
Jan 2021
zDoug said:
Syureria said:

Sayu runs out of money, until Sayu walks alone in the city, until Sayu meets an office worker and the office worker tells Sayu to stay at his house .... And yeah, Sayu got rape, lost virginity. If you want to get more info about Sayu past, you can check this Threads ofc (obviously spoiler)

This ending is the part that bothers me the most, why does someone who is depressed, lonely and running away from home have the great idea of masturbating for 2 months?

"My friend killed herself, hmmm I'm going to relieve myself with masturbation."
She is 15 and in her puberty. Everyone gets horny very fast in his puberty
May 31, 2021 2:47 PM
Apr 2016
That fence scene really reminded me of Grisaia...
May 31, 2021 3:08 PM

Dec 2015
FeelPain said:

She is 15 and in her puberty. Everyone gets horny very fast in his puberty

Yes, it's natural for your friend to kill himself and you go to relieve yourself because it's puberty. hahah

It really makes sense, understood have a great day.
zDougMay 31, 2021 3:13 PM
May 31, 2021 3:16 PM

May 2019
I mean I see some comments in this thread made by toxic people but I do think they have a strong point. Ever since the dude was forcing himself on her then suddenly he's cool and looking out for her, I figured it would come to this with her backstory.

It all just seems rather like the author grasping at straws. Don't get me wrong, her friend's suicide is sad. But the mother's reaction? I mean really? Then her brother provides for her and offers to continue doing so. So she throws away her phone and chooses to go homeless?

It just feels like the writing quality has gone downhill to try and justify the actions of the characters. He was gonna have to come up with something tragic to do so and it shows this episode.
May 31, 2021 3:23 PM

Apr 2015
Animation and pacing aside, Sayu's mum just infuriates me. The one person who should comfort and support Sayu in a difficult time like that, but instead she just stabs a knife in her back and suggests that Sayu killed her friend instead? WHAT?! If any of my parents would have said anything like that, I would run away as well. That's just ridiculous.
May 31, 2021 3:33 PM

Jul 2019
Are you serious? Sayu ran away from home because her close and first friend committed suicide. The show is portraying her as a victim in a terrible fashion. Illogical bullying being the sole catalyst is ludicrous. Like, the bullying of her friend could be solved without committing suicide: consult the fucking school, for god's sake.

And Sayu's mother blames everything on her?! She knows full well of the bullying shit; that Sayu's a victim and she still blames everything on her daughter?! What kind of logic is this?!

On top of that, the show seems to have forgotten about the rapist, too. Like, is the show gonna pretend that never happened?! For christ's sake, the writing of this show just revealed its true colors: It was never good.
LordSozinMay 31, 2021 3:42 PM

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 31, 2021 3:46 PM
Nov 2019
Reminder#5: Sayu Is One Of The Worst Characters Of All Time.
May 31, 2021 3:47 PM

Jan 2019
there are some people who only focus on Sayu's activities in the hotel room and miss the real message of this episode, STOP BULLYING!! even if it's just words but it can kill someone PLEASE STOP!

I really appreciate the studio because they don't visualize what happens after Sayu meets people in town, I really appreciate it

In my opinion, this episode is a big blow to the emotions of people who have trauma or have anxiety problems, especially those who have experienced bullying problems,

I can understand this story because I also had a similar problem before and somehow until now it made me like high places even though I'm afraid of heights.
for those people out there who are struggling to overcome the past and become a better person, we are the same and we can definitely handle it, maybe we just need time, or maybe we need someone else, or maybe both like Sayu who met Yoshida and Asami, we never know.

stay strong friends we can do this
May 31, 2021 3:50 PM

Jul 2011
Tragic story. But was kinda convoluted, the way out before the suicide would be Yuuko and Sayu making a theater, to make look like the friendship is over and then hang out on the weekends.

After telling the story, would be reasonable if Issa slapped Sayu when they met again. After all he acknowledged that their mom have problems, and gave money to think about her life while enjoying a good beach resort for 10 days. And gave a phone to communication. He was a good brother or tried to.

May 31, 2021 4:04 PM

Jun 2019
Yikes this anime is a trainwreck.

We finally hear why Sayu ran away after they hid it for so long and it was so fucking poorly written. Sayu was a “misfit” despite being an attractive, rich, kind, high school girl that acts reserved because she fights with her mom? And her only friend got bullied because Sayu rejected a popular guy that the girls liked, but they didn’t bully her because she is just so pretty and cool that she is immune to bullying? And even though she is so pretty and cool and steadfast nobody else wanted to be her friend?

Plus her friend killed herself because she felt like a burden on her, SO SHE WAITS FOR SAYU TO WATCH HER KILL HERSELF?!? “Sayu I want you to smile, therefore I waited for you to come to the roof and watch me kill myself”. And to top it all off, her mom asks if she killed the girl for some reason? What???

Who the hell writes this shit and says “Yep this is good stuff”? Who the hell approves of this shit?

Why are they trying to suggest Yoshida needs to do something in this situation? What does she need a week to think about?

This anime fucking sucks and I can’t wait until it is over and I can stop watching it.
Blue_MaroonMay 31, 2021 5:32 PM
May 31, 2021 4:06 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, this anime is crybait central. I find myself cringing and caring less the more this anime "develops".
May 31, 2021 4:07 PM

May 2021
i fucking cried during this episode

May 31, 2021 4:09 PM

Nov 2011
I kind of Wished Sayu slapped the taste out of her mothers mouth but oh well.
The tragic story of one's friend committing suicide is pretty common in these types of stories but it is the approach they wake which make's it stand out from others and I think the following consequences are what make the story more interesting and different from other stories like this.

The "Sex for living" story is something new and with specific scenes and Sayu's guiltiness you can really feel the pain and agony this child went through.

Although it was her brothers Fault all along lol.

I thought the approach was good and with the LN now finished in Japan it will be interesting to see the ending in an anime adaptation. Since they are most likely going to finish the anime with the LN.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 31, 2021 4:12 PM

May 2021
hahaha why are people here acting that ths show was somewhat good and got worse with this? This show was always an unintentional comedy that is borderline parody highly pandering to the average otaku

May 31, 2021 4:25 PM
Oct 2020
This ep 9 is so bad... Thats the reason she ran away and was basically turned into a sex doll for horny/dirty Salarymen? No... This show was so good but the realism just took a BIG hit here. This show is now down from an 8 to a 7. That is so unbelievable that her first real friend she made was in highschool. We (the audience) don't care about a random ass girl that committed suicide because of bullying caused by Sayu... You can't just introduce a character with no development like that. Come on she needed at least 3 episodes of development just for that to be somewhat feels worthy. This was so anti-climatic and knocks the series down a few pegs for me.
May 31, 2021 5:12 PM
Dec 2018
Sayu's behaviour and her choices are all wrong. Her mother is horrible but she actually behaves like a spoilt brat as well.
Her mother's reaction doesn't make any sense.
The press showing up at her house when it seems that NO ONE knew the bullying was taking place doesn't make any sense. If the press were wise enough to approach her friend, why weren't the teachers able to see what was happening and stop it?
Her friend's parents must have felt just great, losing their child and then seeing her best friend skip town.
The brother should have insisted that she stayed more local to home, without running away to the other side of the country. Or half of it.
The brother is far too late to worry about how Sayu is and what her relationship with Yoshida is, when he has lost touch with her for four months and she has been sleeping her way across Japan.
I've never been bullied, am male and have never run away from home, so i have no idea whether masturbating in a hotel and letting my money run out makes any sense. But I would have thought that her brother would have helped her if she hadn't thrown her phone away.
Her mother saying that her brother was working hard doesn't make any sense, when Sayu is just a school girl.

Maybe the LN gives more detail, and the anime rushed it to some extent. But it feels as if the author was trying to make the most horrific backstory but did a bad job of it. Even Asami is now asking Yoshida 'what are you going to do?', pushing him towards Sayu when she is meant to be going home.
Her friend's suicide and her reason for jumping don't even make any sense, that explanation before she jumped suggests severe psychological issues that someone should have picked up on before things came to this. Seems odd that someone who does that, for that reason, wouldn't show any other signs of distress. But the press managed to latch onto it?

I agree, the running away plot was really half assed, especially as the brother seems to understand how bad the mother is. And he is still saying 'I can hold her off for a week or so' when it is obvious that she's a psycho and Sayu actually seems to be happy where she is. And his talk about adults not being as nice as they seem came about 4 months too late and Sayu probably understands that better than he does.

This was the crucial part of the plot and it had to be done right to justify why Sayu is there and why people have made all the sacrifices that have been made. I don't think they did it very well and the story deserved a better explanation than the one that we got.

Meanwhile, Yoshida just heard this story for the first time and is ready to go 'full steam ahead' with Sayu. And Asami is now egging him on.

Mod Note: Removed response to deleted post
dipItFooJun 2, 2021 8:07 PM
May 31, 2021 5:17 PM
Dec 2018
Cobalt-Blue said:
This ep 9 is so bad... Thats the reason she ran away and was basically turned into a sex doll for horny/dirty Salarymen? No... This show was so good but the realism just took a BIG hit here. This show is now down from an 8 to a 7. That is so unbelievable that her first real friend she made was in highschool. We (the audience) don't care about a random ass girl that committed suicide because of bullying caused by Sayu... You can't just introduce a character with no development like that. Come on she needed at least 3 episodes of development just for that to be somewhat feels worthy. This was so anti-climatic and knocks the series down a few pegs for me.

Agreed. I was disappointed with this and most of the things going on in her past didn't make any sense at all. They needed to get this part right and I don't think they managed it.
May 31, 2021 5:40 PM

Feb 2011
I agree with most of the comments here regarding Sayu's past. This episode was rather [rushed] and lacked justification for everyone's actions. A lot of holes were left unfilled too:
1. Sayu doesn't get along with Mother but why isn't explained
2. Father isn't mentioned (family goes without saying, but hard to believe she was a loner since elementary)
3. We have no idea how or whether Sayu and Yuuko even attempted to put up a "fight" (doesn't mention whether teachers were consulted or not)
4. Mother doesn't mention who is mad at them for the suicide or how she got the idea her daughter was a murderer (someone had to put the idea in her head if it wasn't her own)
5. Working brother conveniently comes for a visit as Sayu is running away and thinks money is the answer [though it's possible he still lived with his parents, he still could have hooked her up with supervision from friends/family]
6. For some reason, Sayu wears her school uniform instead of casual clothes when she leaves (I'm sure pretending to go to school was out the window after her declaration)

There's more, but I'll stop there. Wish I could chalk it up to seeing everything from Sayu's POV; however, we don't even get a grasp of how long the bullying continued after she decided to fight back. Not even sure if they did it properly. In the end, Sayu missed an opportunity to tell Yuuko she was the reason she started smiling. On the flip side, Yuuko waiting for Sayu to show up means the suicide could have be avoided if she didn't show up or thought to go straight to a teacher the moment she noticed something was off. [Maybe even bluffing to join her may have done the trick.] Truth is Sayu couldn't have been the only witness. You'd think there would be plenty of spectators outside during lunch; though, I won't deny an all indoor school with an accessible roof could exists. In this day and age, it shouldn't be that common.
ReloadJun 7, 2021 6:43 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
May 31, 2021 6:22 PM
Jul 2016
Syureria said:
Somehow before this show started I felt like I had guessed how the story would go in this episode. Ma, whatever it is as you know in episode 9 is an episode that will explain how Sayu end up like this. Issa, Sayu's older brother, comes to Yoshida's apartment to take Sayu back to Asahikawa. Issa thinks that adults will always something strange towards his sister, even so Sayu insists that Yoshida is a friendly guy. I don't know what happened, it's clear that an organization came to Sayu's house and asked to Sayu's mom, Because basically Sayu has been missing from the house for 6 months. Issa and Sayu come out to talk about Sayu's return back to Asahikawa.

Asami and Yoshida heard the story of Sayu's past, this the story when Sayu was in her second year of highschool. Yuuko is Sayu's first friend, Sayu and Yuuko often went to the roof for lunch together, somehow call it. However, Yuuko received intimidation from her classmates,

It's my first time seeing Sayu's mom in animation, Idk.... Sayu managed to escape / runaway? FK English idk how i called it lol... from the house. Sayu missed her mother but now Sayu is free without being seen by anyone. Sayu tries some bad habits, but Sayu doesn't dare to try alcohol or tobacco (drugs?) So in the end Sayu just strips herself, yeah Sayu always masturbating in the hotel, even that bad habit she can't stop.

She was masterbateing?,I thought she was hooking up with someone
May 31, 2021 6:23 PM

Jul 2020
Damn, that was a very good episode.

Initially I was kind of disappointed with Sayu's backstory, that is until we met Yuuko. Seeing everything happen with Yuuko is quite tragic, and goddamn can people be stupid as hell. Sayu's mom is so goddamn insensitive, does that woman even ahve a brain? I swear she has some brain deficiency syndrome, that prevents her from thinking straight. Just looking at the episode preview, it looks like it's definitely going to make for an extremely interesting episode.
May 31, 2021 7:04 PM
Jun 2017
THATS WHY WE MUST NOT BULLY anyone, as it can affect someones life... i just feel bad for sayu...
May 31, 2021 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
just all around terrible this is the poorly written backstory we get for this girl really rude really

despite all that i really didn't feel that bad for Sayu her friend yeah (PSA bullying fucking sucks dont do it kids) , and her stupid brother he meant well but man he doesn't know she went out on a self destructive path

there's to many problems to highlight im just throwing in the towel with this shitshow lol

Sayu is forever trash and always has been dont fight me
May 31, 2021 7:21 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ah yes we finally get the full backstory. What a mom though... that is NOT what you say at a time like that. Does she like think her highschool-aged daughter is capable of murder? OR MAYBE she DID actually kill her for a reason still unknown, and she ran away from home for that very reason. What if our innocent looking sayu chan is actually a stone cold psycho?? Who knows!!

Surprised her brother just sent her off like that without barely trying to make her NOT run away from home. Or maybe he just really understood the situation and staying away from the mom was actually indeed the best option. Felt kind of weird, but it’s good that he does care about his younger sister... I think? Feels like there’s more story left untold about this family and if there is, this might get good. If not, it’s just alright.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 31, 2021 7:40 PM
Nov 2020
Sayu's mom is kinda hot. The way she carries herself, you can tell she's very powerful and influential...
May 31, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2021
That was dumb. Really tho, I was expecting something better, it was sad, but I’ve seen too many backstories like that.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 31, 2021 7:53 PM
Apr 2020

So off topic, at least she kept her promise. For me, it would be traumatic to smile like Sayu.
May 31, 2021 8:04 PM
Jul 2018
What the fuck was this backstory. It was shit. The writers just dumped a bunch of stereotypical sad stuff all at once without any proper execution, and expect us to truly care for Sayu, and feel bad for her. I'm sorry, but I wasn't feeling any of that.
May 31, 2021 8:13 PM
Jan 2021
Mysticus92 said:
I might be wrong but Yuuko's voice remind me of Madoka from PMMM.
Is it Aoi Yuki or someone else?
Anyway, that was a very tragic past of Sayu.

Actually, Yuuko's voice actor is the voice of one of the characters related to Kawai Rika, who died in Wonder Egg Priority, there is a Japanese audience who has found this information.
May 31, 2021 8:25 PM

Oct 2014
Wow. Wrong decision after one another. I'm maybe being nitpicky but that girl who commited suicide is an idiot.

Being bullied? Call the teacher, parents, or even the police.
You commited suicide only because the calm and cool beautiful lady Sayu is hanging out with a nerd loser like you? Thats smart.

Now, about Sayu. All of her problem is not because she is unlucky, its because she makes bad decisions after bad decisions. Her brother clearly cares for her yet she let herself become prostitute rather than contacting his brother. What a selfish girl.

Higehiro was interesting from the start. But after Sayu decided to have part time job, the plot started to went all south.

This forced drama is stupis in my opinion. Few episodes left and I hope it gets better later on.
May 31, 2021 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Morsse said:
I have to say, that this episode was probably one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while that happened in an anime with decent rating and popularity.

The Girl has an exigent mother that likes when her kids work. Her brother works a lot and is responsible, gets a smile from mother. Sister does nothing exceptional, is very afraid of everything, for the simple reason that she didn't get along with her mother, well, what can I say, STORY OF MY LIFE :) or should I say, about a quarter or even half of the people on earth.

Anyway, some may be more snesitive, but she isolates herself, has a bad performance in school, does no clubs, literally nothing. If your mother has a problem with you being so bad at everything because you don't give an f, shouldn't you try to be better then? Instead of being even worse? Like damn..

And after all this, we get the cliche where obviously an unpopular girl with glasses, as always, comes to be her friend, and she gets the title "friend of the "cool" "beautifull" girl that somehow has social problems", unrealistic, especially in our era. Her friend makes her smile. To be expected, you're never happy when you're lonely. Then she rejects a guy. A cliche comes in again and instead of her being bullied, the girl she's hanging out with is, interesting...

Now I don't want to say that this isn't a good plan from the villains, it actually is. But why in the hell didn't the girl getting bullied tell her parents about this ? Or to the school. I hate anime logic where everyone literally has no mouth and can't speak with anyone because they have this invisible mental wall before them that prevents them to ask anyone for help and end up being trashed by trashy people. She had courage to speak with this "very cool" "beautifull girl" but can't say that she's being bullied by some shitty girls.

After some more bullying, not asking anyone for help, Sayu realizes and her friend tells her the truth, but Sayu does pretty much nothing in the end. She only gets shocked and that's kinda it. The girl suicides and somehow the media comes to Sayu's house like a flock of birds, did they forget that the girl that died had a family? And why was her mother so mad about a friend of Sayu literally dying and ultimately blaming it on her own daughter for everything? I've seen dumb parents but this is just unreal...

After this, she wanted to distance herself from her mother. Then the perfect caring and kind and also wealthy brother comes in to help her. She accepts the money and the idea he had, but after a while she masturbates. O-okay? After her phone battery dies, she throws away her phone. Yeah, like you normally do after your phone battery dies...
She also doesn't go to her brother or home, but she decides to wander alone in the city. She founds a guy, she asks him if she can stay with him. (Hmm, yes, textbook behaviour of a teenager, yes, indeed... Nope.) Then he asks her for sex. We get to see here that Sayu has no problem with having sex with a stranger but somehow was afraid of everyone in school. Interesting. They have sex. After he threw her out, she wandered again, having sex again with a stranger, and again, and again. Till she's broken. After doing it multiple times, she literally becomes depressed and is "almost" raped by the people she's doing it with. But she for some reason doesn't stop or phones her brother, oh wait. She can't, cause she threw it away. What an intelligent move Sayu. ??? Anyway, she happens to cross paths with her saviour and her life is restored.

The reason I wrote so much is because I tried to like the anime but it dissapointed too much. It's always so funny how animes like these with thousands cliches become so much more popular than say "Yuukoku no Moriarty", there are some people that may not like the genre but the quality is like day and night.

Same i liked the show a lot. And now i hate this episode. I don’t know what i watched so far.
May 31, 2021 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Blue_Maroon said:
Yikes this anime is a trainwreck.

We finally hear why Sayu ran away after they hid it for so long and it was so fucking poorly written. Sayu was a “misfit” despite being an attractive, rich, kind, high school girl that acts reserved because she fights with her mom? And her only friend got bullied because Sayu rejected a popular guy that the girls liked, but they didn’t bully her because she is just so pretty and cool that she is immune to bullying? And even though she is so pretty and cool and steadfast nobody else wanted to be her friend?

Plus her friend killed herself because she felt like a burden on her, SO SHE WAITS FOR SAYU TO WATCH HER KILL HERSELF?!? “Sayu I want you to smile, therefore I waited for you to come to the roof and watch me kill myself”. And to top it all off, her mom asks if she killed the girl for some reason? What???

Who the hell writes this shit and says “Yep this is good stuff”? Who the hell approves of this shit?

Why are they trying to suggest Yoshida needs to do something in this situation? What does she need a week to think about?

This anime fucking sucks and I can’t wait until it is over and I can stop watching it.

I just said these things earlier but people are saying that i am over reacting
May 31, 2021 8:40 PM

Mar 2019
Yuuko > Sayu... in all aspects.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 31, 2021 8:42 PM
Jan 2021
Good episode, we finally know the background story of this girl.

I thougt the Brother would be insisting and irritating, but i really get a surprise there.

And well, i didnt think that sayus background story was gonna be that dark
May 31, 2021 8:54 PM
Apr 2021
Is this what high schooler do? Bullying people and make them committed a suicide just because being rejected? Wow, what does teacher doing right there. And her mom is the worst. I expect her brother to give her a shelter but wha, he just let her runaway. Toxic society at its finest
May 31, 2021 9:51 PM
Feb 2015
Sayu's best friend Yuuko's suicide could've been prevented if the teacher addresses her bullying serious and diligent. Also, what is wrong with those people from the news media showing up at Sayu's house?! They SHOULD NOT have even show up at Sayu's house in the first place; do they not understand what kind of experience Sayu had gone through: HER BEST FRIEND YUUKO KILLING HERSELF RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER!!! Why was those three girls that bullies Sayu's best friend Yuuko not held accountable for their actions of what they did to Yuuko? Why was Sayu's teacher didn't addresses Yuuko's bullying as soon as possible before it gets even more worse? Those are the two questions I want a answer to, because suicide from being bullied is preventable, but it needs to be taken and addresses serious and diligent by the teachers.
May 31, 2021 10:21 PM

May 2016
The tropes were heavy with thios one..... :P
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 31, 2021 11:01 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ahh all of those things Sayu has experienced could have been prevented if only Yuuko told teachers and her parents, welp that's anime for you.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 31, 2021 11:37 PM

Feb 2021
This episode tried to put the feels, and I will admit, to a certain small degree I did get "the feels" and eyes were humid at best... but come on. The backstory felt contrived, predictable and empty. This show's flow is all over the place. It's one of those stories that I keep predicting something much more grandiose than what ends up actually being the truth afterwards. The story at Sayu's home with mom and everything.. I mean, that's it? But I guess that isn't the main focus here. The focus is (and rightfully should be) the relationship between Sayu and Yoshida. But that doesn't give a full-fledged excuse to ignore all the reasoning behind it via subplot mediocrity. Sad to say it feels like this one will be long forgotten in not a very long time from now unfortunately. But I'm not one to drop a show so I'll keep going 'til the end. Somehow I doubt it'll get a second season.
Jun 1, 2021 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
oh what a horny kinky JK!
but man! that was a very harsh back story of Sayu!
5/5.
matias067Jun 1, 2021 12:27 AM

Jun 1, 2021 12:26 AM
Dec 2020
I'm always late to watching hige wo soru eps, I need to wait until the next day for a fresh start to watch this. It's just so, heavy. most of the time it's heavy eps and ye I feel terrible for her. Shits fucked.

Also, you guys joking around saying she's a horny girl or whatever need to get help.
some people...
Jun 1, 2021 12:43 AM
May 2019
Here are my thoughts on Sayu's backstory. From the way the brother was introduced I thought this was going to be an arranged marriage situation of her not wanting to marry another rich guy. I was not expecting a scenario that was reminiscent of Wonderful Egg Priority. That being said the way everyone handled the situation is pretty on par with how something like this might play out in real life. For instance Sayu and her mother being in shock at what transpired to the point where none knows how to handle the situation without lashing out at one another. I will say what Sayu's brother did was not the best decision a better thing to do would have been to A- bring her to a youth shelter and explain the situation. Or B- take her to a relative. This episode was really good I just hope the show can tell a good story until the end.
Jun 1, 2021 1:34 AM

Jun 2014
Lowered my score from a 3 to a 2. Which is what I ultimately gave Tomozaki-kun. Feels weird, because I think Tomozaki-kun is a much more inferior show as a whole. What a downfall. I thought Higehiro couldn't get more trashy. It is truly impressive in the most baffling, humorous way imaginable.

I don't see Yoshida-man as a figure that you should look up to or want to be. His life was seemingly going no where until a chance encounter with a JK girl, whom he let into his home. Let that sink in. He gets some morality points for having a moral compass and not giving in to primal disgusting desires, unlike several other males would (and have in this story's case). He's just another guy, slowly but surely maturing along with the teenager. The show tries hard to grab at your heart strings by showing you the impact they have on each other's lives, showing the contrast of who they were at the beginning of the show, and how they are up to this point, and that is admirable. But because the two characters are so poorly written, it lacks meaning, and the point just doesn't hit. Especially when you're constantly introducing these cheap drama tactics to push the plot along.

We got more insight into one of the only decent characters in the show. Sayu's brother, who acts a little bit more like a father than a brother with how he is able to pinpoint Sayu's movements to a T. Which is fine, he's an older brother and this kind of behavior can be expected. However, I think the lack of explaining how he was able to keep up with her continues the pattern of the show not being able to explain its own plot lines. Her cashier friend, other girl who's name I can't be bothered to remember is another character I don't necessarily mind. On the surface. Until you realize her sole purpose is to be the friend that dead girl couldn't be. She's only there to build up Sayu, listen to her problems and help her out. We don't know anything about her. Talk about one dimensional characters. I'm curious if the books are like this, in which case, the problem is less to do with the script of the show and more the talent (or lack thereof) of the author.

Last and certainly not least, Sayu's backstory wasn't convincing. It was weak. They rushed her friend's character and made her off herself so fast that it was the most unemotional suicide I've ever seen in any medium. You can't even feel bad, because it made no fucking sense. "SAYU, YOU'VE BEEN SO DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF ME, SO LEMME JUST KILL MYSELF SO I'M OUT OF YOUR LIFE! IT DEFINITELY WON'T MAKE THINGS WORSE, I MUST GO AS QUICKLY AS I WAS INTRODUCED. BEING BULLIED IS TOO MUCH FOR ME!" Weak, terrible, borderline ridiculous plot devices, with no purpose. Perhaps it's due to the show's rapid pacing and the books go into the relationship of Sayu and girl who's name I don't even remember because she's that unimportant but for transparency's sake we can refer to her as dead girl,

This show/series is empty. The characters are shallow, empty, uninspired, uninteresting, lack any bit of depth or creativity. The show is desperate to throw fanservice at any possible moment to try to lure you back into its arms, and clearly that's enough for some people. The Sayu fans clearly only like this trash because of her. There's nothing else going for it. Which is weird, since she still hasn't done anything to warrant having fans to begin with.

Showing her masturbate is such a desperate reach to try to appeal to what little fanbase the show has. We didn't need to see it. It doesn't matter if it happened the night of dead girl's death. It doesn't matter if it happened the next day. A week later. A month later. The show lacks context and gives the impression that she ran out as soon as she could and tried to relieve herself from her stress. But what sane person does that to make them feel better? When they're going through the prospect of being the SINGULAR reason for a person killing themselves?

This show is ridiculous. People that defend this show are almost just as bad. However, if you find enjoyment in this kind of thing, that's fine. I'm sure your reasons are as shallow as the show is, but all opinions matter. It's just an opinion I couldn't understand if you paid me.

I wonder if the show will reach a 1 in my list by the end of the season. Or do the unthinkable and provide a satisfying conclusion that will increase the score. One thing's for sure, I think one of those options is absolutely impossible at this point, lol.

One more thing I found preposterous. Those girls that were bullying dead girl, they weren't able or willing to bully Sayu, because she seemed cool/pretty???? What on earth? Isn't that more reason for them to target her? I have to stop thinking about this badly written fiction. It's giving me a headache.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2021

302 by griddyweeb »»
Apr 6, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

155 by mushi_Jyou »»
Mar 30, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

185 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 12, 8:09 PM

» Season 2?

Koukyoukyoku - Jan 8

22 by cjozam »»
Jan 17, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2021

212 by RawrOMG »»
Jan 14, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.