Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 20, 2021 10:44 AM
May 2019
It was a happy surprise to watch Iida been more powerful/useful than Todoroki. Otherwise it would be the same power scale we always see.

But All Might saying Todoroki has reached more heat than Endeavor was weird. Like, dude, he's 15yo; last season Endeavor's fight was a miracle.
May 21, 2021 10:53 PM

Jan 2020
Better than all the episodes so far. Though I preferred Tetsutetsu a lot more than Todoroki in this episode.
I'm glad Tetsutetsu got a lot more screentime too since he really needed it. He's an amusing character to watch imo.

But a part of me felt that the fight was just underwhelming. Don't get me wrong it was great in flashy animation and entertainment overall but a draw? Come on that's just a cheap way of trying to create more tension. Also, my other issue was that the fight as a whole just seemed empty. I just felt like more spice could've been added to the mixture.

-I'm slowly getting addicted to this ED. It's one of the very few things that I love in this season.
3099May 21, 2021 11:14 PM
May 23, 2021 7:16 AM
May 2021
I do not like the 5th season. Its just changing my perspective of mha.

I mean how the hell did class B became so much stronger. I mean where were they during the sports festival. Just look at the guy( I don't remember his name) who, what would you say it. liquefies the ground. I mean he could have been an extreme trouble for every contestants in the sports festival. In the race, he could have liquefied the ground, in the secong round also. Where was he then? Sleeping or reading the 5th season manga?

I mean I just cannot understand the fact that how did they become so much powerful. Its just irritating me, seeing them like this in every f*****g match.
May 24, 2021 9:54 AM
Jan 2018
Khalifla said:
Another week of boring no hero academia... can't wait for this trash arc to end

I couldn't agree more.
May 27, 2021 2:35 AM

May 2017
My hero once again showing how character-driven the show is. The plot is subpar and if the episode revolves around uninteresting shit characters it will automatically be a bad episode.

Put Iida and Shoto in the focus, pour some effort into the production and you get a great episode! Really enjoyed this.
May 29, 2021 6:06 PM
Apr 2019
I was excited to see Todoroki use more of his half-hot side however it would have been advantageous for Todoroki to to have switched between fire and ice to cause stress cracks into Tetsutetsu's metal shell however I guess it wouldn't side well with his character though. It would be nice to see it used against Tetsutetsu later on in the show however.
May 30, 2021 6:05 PM

Dec 2013
Iida was the MVP of this match and the animation for his scenes blew my mind.

It was a good call by Pony to retreat instead of fighting a losing battle.66
Jun 3, 2021 3:55 PM

May 2018
Todoroki was so good this episode! <3

shayed__ said:
My hero once again showing how character-driven the show is. The plot is subpar and if the episode revolves around uninteresting shit characters it will automatically be a bad episode.
Put Iida and Shoto in the focus, pour some effort into the production and you get a great episode! Really enjoyed this.

This is so true, thanks for putting it in words
Jun 6, 2021 3:52 AM

Nov 2009
Great episode outside of the horn girl, probably the worst quirk in the entire story and this arc has shown some terrible ones.
Jun 10, 2021 9:25 AM
Oct 2019
Wow this is why I'm going in with low expectations.
This episode the third match are the best match so far...
Even though the result is draw.
But the development they got from this match was more important than just winning.
Well written with good execution.

Hearing Endeavor saying : Surpassed Your Limit!
(I'm instantly remember Captain Yami from Black Clover)
Jun 11, 2021 4:36 PM

Nov 2016
Name a better duo than Nakamura and Yutapon cubes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 17, 2021 4:37 PM

Nov 2015
This episode made me realize I don't care about Class B at all and how frustrating it is when they can beat the Class A students.
We've seen Class A develop through entire four seasons and out of nowhere come these 20 pretty much new characters that we've barely seen and apparently now they're as strong, if not STRONGER than our heroes, that have constantly fought against actual life-threatening villains. Both teams with the recommended students from Class A (Todoroki and Momo), who are supposed to be the elite ones of the class, either drawed or straight up lost.
I don't think B Class deserved either one of these wins. In both matches, B class only won because of a Deus Ex Machina - the random poisonous mushroom power and the sudden surge of willpower to punch a building that just to happened to be tall enough to reach Iida at the very tip. In match 2, I'd say a draw would be more justified, since they were a bit more balanced, but this match was completely dominated by A Class after Iida and Todoroki got their shit together.
This draw by technicality is even worse when we see Todoroki and Iida's development further and their new completely OP moves only for all this buildup to end with little to no payoff.

At the end of the day, this just made me feel like the writers want to set this up for a draw, so that both classes can finish with 2.5 points, and at the same time Shinso can contribute to both of his teams and can join the hero course. But I really don't think B class deserves to not lose this tournament, so I personally hope I'm wrong.

GauravShukla said:
I do not like the 5th season. Its just changing my perspective of mha.

I mean how the hell did class B became so much stronger. I mean where were they during the sports festival. Just look at the guy( I don't remember his name) who, what would you say it. liquefies the ground. I mean he could have been an extreme trouble for every contestants in the sports festival. In the race, he could have liquefied the ground, in the secong round also. Where was he then? Sleeping or reading the 5th season manga?

I mean I just cannot understand the fact that how did they become so much powerful. Its just irritating me, seeing them like this in every f*****g match.

I completely agree.
Jun 20, 2021 5:38 AM
May 2021
Look, this arc is just boring af. If it goes like this, then its going to become boring-no hero academia.
Jun 22, 2021 11:29 PM
Sep 2019
Horn girl ended the match in such a boring and lame way, everything else was nice though.
Jul 9, 2021 6:52 AM

Jun 2021
this episode is not bad,not good.but i never expected it will turned out to be a draw match. bcoz i never expected a time limit in this training match.if no time limit what would turned out in this game?yeah right. nonetheles bakugou match is next i am not so excited but i am interested to watch.. this anime only totally filled with competitions like this stuff...filler episodes and canon episodes are 25 episodes of every season.
Jul 10, 2021 10:36 AM

Oct 2013
That episode was fucking epic. So many great dialogues, nice epic fighting scenes, desirable dreams and awesome OSTs. Enjoyed it alot. Cant wait for the last two fights!
My only regret is having regrets!
Jul 19, 2021 3:09 PM

Dec 2012
Engrish is real this episode
Jul 27, 2021 4:50 PM
Dec 2020
that was definitely Nakamura, Yutaka on the key animation in some parts of this episode, especially at 2:40 - 3:30.

At 13:32 too I think.

Also possibly 13:08(?) - 13:12(?)

His animations are always lovely to see.
some people...
Jul 29, 2021 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Disappointing how it was a draw after all the things. Nakamura being an absolute beast again. Although it wasn't consistent throughout like Ep4, this would most likely be the peak of the 1st cour in terms of animation. Bakugo better win the next round or else I'm fucking done but I guess knowing the writing of this arc, one of the Class B student would have an extremely OP quirk.
Aug 14, 2021 7:15 PM

Mar 2016
There is no doubt in my mind that Iida is cool!
The instant blast of speed fueled by Iida's endless motivation to rescue others was HARD, especially with all those eye-candy animations, wooho! He's easily the MVP of Class 1A for this 3rd battle! Especially when he comes in clutch to momentarily immobilize Mudman and Rescue both Ojiro and Todoroki, but even more so when he 'sacrificed' himself and preventing any of the tower parts from crashing down on Todoroki, fucking badass of a rescuer right here.

3rd battle may have ended in a draw, but the next one... Oh boy, the next one is a battle that I've been eager to see, damn, I'm already grinning intensely for what's about to come.
Sep 1, 2021 7:45 AM

Feb 2021
So it ended in a draw but hey we got to witness Recipro turbo and Todoroki's increased flame output.

Iida has a long way to go but he has surely improved a lot!

Todoroki will be using his fire powers better now I guess.

Next up we have Bakugo and team going in for round 4.

Oct 14, 2021 10:28 AM
Apr 2018
1. IIDA has powered up quite a lot!

2. ENDEAVOUR : There's no way you can't do it! You're just not trying it! Be aware that there is a power hidden in you stronger than any other.

The match ended up in a 'draw'. I liked the outcome.
Nov 1, 2021 8:25 AM

Sep 2011
Bones putting their all into the animation is basically the only thing really carrying this season so far, pretty much everything else feels like we are just desperately trying to give relevance to characters that have long stopped having any character growth like Ida

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 6, 2021 6:05 AM
Sep 2018
Insane episode

Tenya and Shoto are awesome. And I really like the character against them
Dec 11, 2021 3:20 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Iida be draining the season's budget faster than his speed.
These matchups really solidify class 1-B as really interesting folks.
Jan 1, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
That was a cool fight, Todo has been using his fire side lot more but him using ice and freezing the area made it almost impossible to win.
Jan 3, 2022 6:02 AM

Feb 2019
God, that dragon girl was so annoying. At least she didn't win
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jan 9, 2022 4:53 AM

Apr 2021
Todoroki was really cool using his left side, not to mention Lida running so fast.....Ugh it was a draw but hey I was on the edge of my seat throughout....Haha next up is my boy Bakugo's turn...Can't wait to see how that goes!!!!
Jan 17, 2022 3:20 PM

Aug 2017
Todoroki and Iida character progression is pretty good. I didn't expect a draw.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 19, 2022 2:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So I see Iida has gone to the prometheus school of running away from things

Definitely had some doubts during the first couple episodes that this season wasn't going to suffer a significant downgrade in the visuals department. But now, I think it's safe to say that it clearly is all up to standard.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 21, 2022 8:50 AM

Mar 2015
Iida did good, he's gonna get better!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 3, 2022 2:32 PM

Jan 2011
Given what happend, Pony forcing forcing a draw was unexpected. Best thing that happend this season.

But *how* it happend..probably the worst thing that happend. Lida was cruising at full speed with his *turbo* for like 20 seconds before Testu lazily got up and punched that tower. How slow is Lida? 5 centimeters per second? Even if that tower was 1 km high, he should be long gone. And ever heard of dodging? The circumference of the tower was so big, he simply could have moved to the side. He's half crouching all the time anyways, no way it would have hit.

I wonder how they manage to at the same time come up with something like the draw, which, especially the way it happend and that neither class poster boys where involved is not how MHA usually works..but then drop the ball so hard with how to get there.
Aug 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
This was a draw, but both teams did good. Pony was really cool.

To be honest, class 1-B is unique enough that they could have a spinoff anime that focuses on them!

Sep 25, 2022 5:39 PM
Jan 2019
This season is lame so far
Dec 31, 2022 10:24 AM
Jul 2014
kind of a bummer that it ended in a draw :///
i'm so proud of todoroki actually using his fire power since that part of his quirk comes with so much trauma. that hard metal guy was a great match up for him.
iida did a great job as well by putting his teammates first and trying to rescue todoroki over winning the challenge. i think he really grew as a person and hero because of the hero killer encounter he had. his fight against mudman let us see a new and improved iida which was cool ^^ i just hope he isn't too hard on himself for the way the match ended.
shoji tried his best but couldn't compete with the quirk of the horn girl because of her ability to fly high.
ojiro also was at a slight disadvantage against drill boy but it was crazy how whenever it seemed like one class had the upperhand, the other class would make a comeback with an amazing save or power up.
good match but i wish it had a more decisive result.
Mar 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
As everyone said - animation was OUTSTANDING, and gave me chills. I just wish it wasn't wasted on a small class vs class fight. but hey, gives em something to improve on for next time.

what I really find annoying though is that tetsu having the properties of steel should mean he expands and contracts with extreme temperatures. So Todoroki should have been his worst match-up. Maybe if Todoroki had switched rapidly between ice and fire? I also wonder why Todoroki didn't simultaneously activate his ice to cool himself down - wasn't that why endeavor wanted a half n half kid so bad? So they wouldnt face the same problem he does?
Maybe this is where Shoto starts to develop this more, since he's still relatively new at using his fire as well as he does ice.

Very interesting potential for growth that I hope gets developed there...
Mar 12, 2023 6:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh that must be hard for Shoto against those persistent steel boy. At least he learn something new again but its not over for his development. Class B also doing their best too even though they fight against Shoto and also Iida too as well. Fair result for each side and let's get over with Bakugo match for the next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 12, 2023 7:39 AM
Feb 2020
good i guess, i was more amused than last time at ep 7
Mar 24, 2023 9:17 AM

Apr 2013
Did Class A actually not win this because Iida is too dumb to turn right or left? What a lame episode.
Apr 9, 2023 10:28 PM
May 2022
tetsutetsu is my favorite 1-B kid so far. i love that metal-headed moron lmao, he's so fun
May 15, 2023 12:38 PM

Jan 2018
I loved this episode, by far the best fight since endeavor vs high end. I can see Juzo, Todoroki and Iida being part of the top 10 heroes one day.
Jul 24, 2023 9:50 PM
Jul 2023
que buena pelea para terminar en empate
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.