3It was OK
12.2%
2Disliked it
3.9%
1Hated it
3.9%
Average 4.2
1,012 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2021 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Proud of Iida tbh. He's come far even for this match.

Had fun watching some of the other fights from this episode, even including Pony. She actually went beyond my expectations with her skills. Oh and Todoroki is badass as ever. Gotta give some prop to Tetsu for bringing out his best in this fight too.

Exciting episode, my favorite match out of the ones so far.
May 15, 2021 2:17 AM

Mar 2020
the best match so far...iida, todoroki, tetsutesu, honezuki, pony and shoji had some really great fight sequences and Yutaka Nakamura graced us with his animation.

The next fight looks interesting too
May 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Aug 2013
Another week of boring no hero academia... can't wait for this trash arc to end
May 15, 2021 2:47 AM

Jul 2020
Well colour me surprised after some relatively lacklustre episodes, this one blew them all out the park. The animation when Todoroki was going berserk was crazy good, and overall I feel like ths episode was a step above the rest, as though they took a page out of Jujutsu Kaisen's book for some of the scenes. Ending in a draw was kind of a let down, but seems like Bakugo is gonna go crazy next episode so there's that. Here's to hoping they make more episodes like this one but it seems unlikely since only 12.5% of episodes they've released so far have been this good
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 15, 2021 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
Todoroki vs. Tetsutetsu was intense. Iida is a good friend.

Pony was clever, thanks to her, there was a draw.
May 15, 2021 3:01 AM

Jan 2021
Ohh, the Iida thing was pretty cool, How great Todoroki, he even overcame his father's heat 0.0
Pretty good fisght. It's a shame, in the end it ended in a draw
Uh, fourth fight, we'll see what's in store for us.
May 15, 2021 3:02 AM

Jun 2019
This was probably the best episode from this season so far. The fight between Class A and Class B got really out of hand. Both the teams giving their all.

Todoroki vs Hot Tetsu fight was great as well. Gotta give it to Tetsu for his endurance in that kind of heat. Also, great to see Lida singlehandedly carrying the whole team. To me personally, Lida was the MVP. LOL Since Vlad Sensei won't do it. XD

It ended up in a draw but it just goes to show how good Class B can be when it comes to combat abilities and they are not to be underestimated. Great teamwork as well by Class B. We'll see how the fourth match will go.
May 15, 2021 3:08 AM
Jul 2020
Firstly the animation was amazing. No doubt that this is the best episode in this season so far. Also this is the first episode in this season which made me hyped.
Everything was great. I was so disappointed about this season before but now it is great. Iida mvp of this episode. Even todoroki too. This is how my hero academia should be. Looking forward to next episode. Also I like how deku became speedwagon of mha. His commentary of every power up is funny and makes me laugh.
May 15, 2021 3:27 AM
Nov 2020
The other class piss me off idk why, they seem like they could be likeable characters on their own but I just hate them, I want them to lose badly and leave the school ffs. That aside this ep was better than the previous ones but still felt bland compared to previous arcs. The animation for the Iida scene itself by Nakamura is more than enough to watch the ep but the other action scenes were just ok to pretty good. Overall a 6/10 ep
May 15, 2021 3:32 AM

Nov 2020
Damn, definitely best episode/match of the season so far. Animation was top tier on both Todoroki and Iida's ends, and the pacing was good as it allowed just enough time for the aftermath but not too much that it delays the next match. Now next episode should jump right into it with the beginning of the fourth battle. MHA did good this week.
Are ya winning, diners?
May 15, 2021 3:35 AM
Apr 2021
Khalifla said:
lmao bro, this episode was nice idk what you're on about
May 15, 2021 3:41 AM
Aug 2020
Khalifla said:

Boring? Nah bro the sakuga of today’s episode made the episode NOT boring. Shit was crazy with nakamura’s sakuga cut.

But it’s your opinion, gotta respect it.
May 15, 2021 3:41 AM

Aug 2020
Todoroki leveled up his flames, although, it does take a toll on him..
May 15, 2021 3:42 AM

Jan 2014
Even if I'm pretty meh on the show atm, as waiting for these battles to be done and progress onto the next thing, I do admire how detailed these battles can be week in week out. Nice stuff.
May 15, 2021 3:42 AM
Aug 2020
Holy jesus man, this episode went beyond my expectations in terms of sakuga, Yutaka nakamura is one GOAT of a animator, that ojiro vs kaibara was also pretty clean.

Don’t care this episode is a 10/10 in my book.
Ofcool2947May 15, 2021 3:47 AM
May 15, 2021 3:43 AM

Dec 2020
Khalifla said:

Wow. Even Todoroki wasn't as hot as this take.
May 15, 2021 3:44 AM

Jun 2014
Best match out of the 3 we've seen so far even though it underwhelmingly ended in a draw. Iida was lit af this episode, and his scenes were animated nicely. Time to jump into the next match.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 15, 2021 3:46 AM

Jan 2009
Yutaka Nakamura with his Yutapon Cubes sakuga again, that first scene with Iida was great

its a draw now lets see if Team Bakugo wins next
May 15, 2021 3:48 AM

Oct 2015
While I was a bit scared when this arc began, I do think it's one of the better ones, we actually see what this anime should be all about, the insane amount of quirks and the tactics that come with them. I loved Deku going all out in previous seasons, or seeing All Might give those insane plus ultra moments but when it comes down to it, the core of this anime and what partly differentiate it from other shounens is the attention to the quirks, school and training in my opinion. Only thing I found sad is that while Bakugo is changing, it still rarely shows... I hoped that after all that happened we would finally see some change in his character this season but so far that's not happing, I'm curious for his match, tho based on the "I'll show you Deku" and his usual angry face, I expect no change.
May 15, 2021 3:56 AM
Apr 2019
Easily the best episode so far, I loved it! The animation with Iida was incredible, I'm gonna guess that was Nakamura's work. Poni's engrish was funny. Overall, very satisfied and cant wait for next week.
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
May 15, 2021 4:00 AM
Apr 2019
ryokoblue said:
Khalifla said:

Wow. Even Todoroki wasn't as hot as this take.
not even todoroki's ice was as cold as that burn
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
May 15, 2021 4:01 AM
Nov 2020
deg said:
Yutaka Nakamura with his Yutapon Cubes sakuga again, that first scene with Iida was great

sadly only that scene and that brief Todoroki moment stood out to me :(
May 15, 2021 4:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I'm kinda tired of all the same backstories during the fights, it's always just the same and it doesn't add anything... but well, it was still pretty good especially for Todoroki and Tenya, sad that nobody won this time, next is Bakugo so I'm kinda hyped
May 15, 2021 4:08 AM

Nov 2013
man that was such a close call but im so proud of everyone for making that huge of a progress
May 15, 2021 4:15 AM

Oct 2017
The animation was sick but damn the outcome of the match is quite frustrating.
May 15, 2021 4:16 AM
Apr 2021
That episode was literally insane!! So epic!! You can see how serious Todoroki was against TetsuTetsu!! And these new abilities some characters learned, omg those are awsome!! And Iida, I’m so proud of you my friend... really can’t wait for the next 2 matches to begin!!
May 15, 2021 4:20 AM
Sep 2015
So far this arc has been a joke. Even the animators agree...

May 15, 2021 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
Krugerman said:
deg said:

yep i thought it was gonna be a full sakuga episode but damn only the first scene and the todoroki scene was done in sakuga and by Yutapon
May 15, 2021 4:34 AM

Oct 2015
TweedleDane said:
And when we getting more Mirko scenes?

Unless there's anime original episode you won't see Mirko again till season 6. And that's just one the three things in your comment to be disappointed about.
May 15, 2021 4:37 AM
Nov 2020
deg said:
Krugerman said:

yep i thought it was gonna be a full sakuga episode but damn only the first scene and the todoroki scene was done in sakuga and by Yutapon

Exactly I hyped myself up for no reason. Tbvh I didn't enjoy S5 that much so far except for some brief moments and this ep for the most part. I rly want Bones to go all out for some important action battle with insane sakuga cause I'm rly craving it rn
May 15, 2021 4:39 AM

Aug 2015
My favourite episode so far this season.

The next fight looks like the climax fight, looking forward to it!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
May 15, 2021 4:40 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
What an anti-climax :v

Still a solid episode non-the-less. I suppose that a draw ups the stakes of the upcoming battles, and we got some nice Iida and Todoroki development.
May 15, 2021 4:46 AM

Apr 2020
About time we got some Yutaka Nakamura animation! True greatness.
Alright now that I saw his cut I can finally skip this shitty arc.

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

May 15, 2021 4:49 AM
May 2016
These fights suck. IIda can run through mud? Todoroki can take punches from a guy made of steel? Horn girl couldn't drop her teammates off on top of a building and use her horns remote controlled to put Todoroki in jail? Tail guy is still useless.
May 15, 2021 4:53 AM

May 2020
damn, the engrish in this is very strong lmao

again mina ashido is thick lol
May 15, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2014
Not every fight, no matter how hyped it might be, can end with a thrilling victory for one team and a bitter defeat for another. Sometimes, when you've exhausted all other options, going for the draw is the only fitting outcome and that was the case with this intense third battle.

Not only is this the best episode so far this season, but one filled with some gloriously animated scenes from Yutaka Nakamura. The way he animated Iida early on in the episode was a thing of beauty. =D

Thanks to Iida going into turbo mode, he got his team back into the fight when they were on the back foot, with Class 1-B's Juzo being so strong at what he did. Heck, everyone did well but Horn made the right call when the odds were against her and played out until the timer hit zero. It's frustrating, but you can't do much about it when that's a legit strategy in a fight.

The fourth fight should be great as well. Bakugo is involved and the next line-up from class 1-B looks promising, too.
May 15, 2021 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. Pony is adorable AF.
Btw, I wonder how many characters Yukki Aoi is voicing in this show. I counted at least three.

May 15, 2021 5:06 AM
Jul 2020
This was a sick episode. Animation was fire.

Off topic but does Todoroki have any sick fight scenes coming up from the Manga? I wanted more and the fight ended too soon. :\
May 15, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2009
Seriously... where IS Present Mic when we need another MC to counter the bias? xD

Shouto was badass though, like he's been hanging around Kacchan too much... not sure if that's good or bad influence though. lol
May 15, 2021 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
When Todoroki released his flames I almost screamed "PROMINENCE BURN".
This episode was definitely the best one so far.
May 15, 2021 5:21 AM

May 2018
Great episode! Iida's speed is wow!! Beautifully animated
May 15, 2021 5:29 AM
Jan 2021
Still want Monoma and Shinso to beat Deku, but for this episode I really liked it. Flaccid power dude is awesome and I love how everyone put their all into this one. A draw felt like the only fair way to end this fight for everyone involved
May 15, 2021 5:31 AM
May 2021
After wholesome of boring episodes finally the studio provided something good so now I pray
May 15, 2021 5:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First episode this season that I truly enjoyed. The matchups from this point onwards should all be entertaining. I wish this arc was paced better, but at the very least, these episodes have been pretty well animated. Hopefully they keep it up for the next couple of episodes.

That Nakamura cut was truly glorious. Probably my third favorite MHA cut from him after Midoriya vs Todoroki and that one cut from the second movie. Hopefully he has more of a presence in this season than he did in the last.
May 15, 2021 5:38 AM
Oct 2018
Criticiza said:
Well colour me surprised after some relatively lacklustre episodes, this one blew them all out the park. The animation when Todoroki was going berserk was crazy good, and overall I feel like ths episode was a step above the rest, as though they took a page out of Jujutsu Kaisen's book for some of the scenes. Ending in a draw was kind of a let down, but seems like Bakugo is gonna go crazy next episode so there's that. Here's to hoping they make more episodes like this one but it seems unlikely since only 12.5% of episodes they've released so far have been this good

I am hoping that animation stays below average for rest of this arc. The reason animation was great in this episode is that god Yutaka Nakamura worked in it. I hope he works heavily in the next arc as fights in this arc are pretty much impactless on the story in the long run.
May 15, 2021 5:47 AM

Apr 2018
Match 3 was the best imo. Ida, todoroki showed us how much they improved. Animation was well done! OST was really good too.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 15, 2021 5:59 AM
Dec 2015
Iida: I am speed!!
May 15, 2021 5:59 AM

Dec 2020
Tenya has become stronger and has made good use of his new technique ,shoto is getting stronger but he doesn’t used well.Next fight is with kat chan im so hyped
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 15, 2021 6:08 AM

Sep 2020
I am one of those "1A vs 1B arc" haters, but i stg this episode was freaking freaking amazin'.

The sakuga + the tension that filled the atmosphere was depicted throughout the episode.

One more episode and then the crazy shit starts fr :¢

> 10/10 episode
May 15, 2021 6:16 AM

Jul 2017
Well, the 3rd Match of this arc is easily the best, matching those of Season 2's School Tournament arc with the same amount of exhilaration. Yutaka Nakamura's levels of sakuga just can't be understated enough to give MHA the boost that it needs, from Todoroki's burst of power to Iida's Reciprocator scenes.

Iida has come a long way to see his Reciprocator power go to new levels just like how bis brother Ingenium did, and Todoroki vs. Tetsuteusu pushes the former like how his father, the No. 1 hero Endeavour has done to him, as mad and frightening as that may be.

All that remains now is Pony vs. Shoji for the surviving ones, and ending in a draw due to the time limit and rules. Nevertheless, this was an exemplary episode on tournament arc levels of enjoyment.

The 4th match with Tokage's team vs. Bakugo's team, we'll see how that pans out next episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

202 by bapaejoget »»
Apr 18, 9:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

193 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 9, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

297 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

293 by Yurisu »»
Mar 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

144 by oozePOP »»
Mar 15, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.