Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2020 10:44 AM
Aug 2019
This episode just felt kinda bland. I watched the Awakening OVA and I honestly liked that one more. At least this doesn't feel extremely rushed, but it was a bit on the boring side.
Oct 7, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2018
And I thought this will be about The Dark Reunion...those Union guys look like weaklings in comparison.
Oct 7, 2020 11:37 AM
Aug 2020
Tbh, why are there reviews of the anime rn on the front page, the remaining 12 episodes haven’t been aired yet, and it makes this episode discussion kinda useless
Ofcool2947Oct 7, 2020 11:48 AM
Oct 7, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 2020
This was great. I seems like it’s going to pace well in the future. The characters don’t have fun personalities.
Oct 7, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2018
what the f is this sh!t........ good god..
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 7, 2020 11:57 AM
PC_Principal
Oct 2015
I'm far from impressed with this first episode. Every character is a walking trope, dialogue is beyond bland, tries to use edgy stuff to no effect etc. I'll hold my opinion on the source material but this adaption so far does little to nothing right.
Oct 7, 2020 12:11 PM

Jun 2014
All I ask is that this remains somewhat consistently cohesive throughout its run, rather than starting off decently and then crashing and burning into a cacophony of ass like God of High School.

Pretty average start imo, picks up where the Awakening OVA left off but there wasn't really anything crazy or all that interesting. I'm hopeful that things will pick up in the coming episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 7, 2020 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
Here we go again.

Entertaining start. Premise, tropes and storytelling, this is the stuff I'm into and for now this series got my attention. Just hope it stays that way 🤞🏻

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 7, 2020 12:31 PM
Apr 2017
Hello, should i watch the awakening and Noblesse: Pamyeol-ui Sijak before watching the anime?
Oct 7, 2020 12:33 PM

Oct 2020
Now this was better than I expected, pacing was good unlike the other webtoon adaptations we've seen so far
Oct 7, 2020 12:46 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
rcozm said:
Hello, should i watch the awakening and Noblesse: Pamyeol-ui Sijak before watching the anime?

You can refer to the first post of this thread or take a look at some other threads in this board. You definitely need to watch The Awakening beforehand. The other one might have a different answer depending on who you ask.
Oct 7, 2020 1:04 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah I'm convinced that Japan and the anime studios (or maybe it's just Crunchyroll) are trying to kill the webtoon hype. Not that I care about this medium, it's just some of these manhwa deserve have a faithful adaptation. I guess not in Japan's animation(anime) :/
Oct 7, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2008
Lol are a lot of good manwha i see some trah talk them
Sadly im a fan of noblesse, yet i must say wth change the school incident
Instead of yuna to add a generic character ?
The phone part too and lol was funny in the webtoon when m-21 receved a message too
Sadly not fan of op or end song so i will skip them... i loved goh one *misses that cool op*
The animation is not as fluid as i Would love
Yet i will still watch it
The spider is watching
Oct 7, 2020 1:29 PM

Mar 2017
Not a very thrilling first ep but the prequel is lit so I'm hoping that future episodes will match up once the foundations of the story have been laid.

I'm a bit worried though because although this didn't have the usual rushed feel of a Crunchyroll anime, if there's going to be the standard 13 eps then this pace is going to be too slow for any real plot to get going.
Oct 7, 2020 1:31 PM

Jul 2020
I enjoyed the episode. Nothing too crazy, interesting premise. I really hope it doesn't end up being like GoH or ToG because this has the potential to be a pretty solid show
Oct 7, 2020 1:44 PM
Jun 2020
AnimeFanTalk said:
Yeah I'm convinced that Japan and the anime studios (or maybe it's just Crunchyroll) are trying to kill the webtoon hype. Not that I care about this medium, it's just some of these manhwa deserve have a faithful adaptation. I guess not in Japan's animation(anime) :/

To be honest, there was never any hype for any of the webtoon anime in Japan. In Japan, the 3 webtoon adaptations got basically no advertisement, so they're not made for the Japanese audience. Also, most people in Japan never heard of webtoons.

I don't know how Noblesse is gonna do. But I do know that the 3 webtoon anime are American (Crunchyroll) funded works made for a non-Japanese audience. The Japanese studios only made them because Crunchyroll asked them to.

P.S. I'm not hating on actual Korean webtoons. But in my opinion, Korean animation studios should've adapted them instead.

*********************************************************************************************************************

The lists in this link keep changing each season. But in each season, no webtoon anime was present in any of the popularity lists:
https://mipon.org/anime-popular-right-now-japan/

This reddit post by a Japanese gives some insight about webtoons' lack of popularity in Japan:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/gcswky/opinion_japan_will_not_keeping_adapting_webtoon/

Japanese fans' most anticipated anime for each season of 2020:
Spring 2020: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/03/28/japanese-fans-pick-their-most-anticipated-spring-2020-tv-anime-by-online-voting
Summer 2020: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/07/03/japanese-fans-pick-their-most-anticipated-summer-2020-tv-anime
Fall 2020: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/10/06/the-irregular-at-magic-high-school-visitor-arc-tops-japanese-fans-fall-2020-tv-anime-anticipation-ranking
FxREEEOct 7, 2020 2:01 PM
Oct 7, 2020 1:46 PM

May 2018
Not bad.....................not bad at all.
Oct 7, 2020 1:55 PM
May 2016
Didn’t really enjoy the animation quality nor character design and the almost boys over flowers type intro of the MC. Don’t think I’ll be watching this one.
Oct 7, 2020 2:11 PM
Oct 2018
As a reader of Manwa I must say: This adaptation is horrible. For those who don't know there were two ovas, the first one in 2015, which serve as a prequel to this anime. They preferred NOT TO LEAVE THIS FACT CLEAR! They consider it canon to the anime while not considering them canon to the anime... They adapted the beginning of Manwa at the same time that the beginning had already been adapted, created a situation similar to The New 52 and Batman. Everything that came before the anime is considered but at the same time, it is not!

The lack of explanation on how the characters got to know each other and got to where they are has left it looking like it is just a TERRIBLE SCRIPT! What to be honest, it is. I'll watch a little more to know what they're going to do, but I have to say: It has everything to be the WORST adaptation of Webtoon this year, which includes TGOH and that thrash adaptation. Good luck to us all.
Oct 7, 2020 2:20 PM
Jan 2017
Anyone know if the ED was rendered in RTX or was just a different type of CG?
Oct 7, 2020 2:25 PM

May 2018
StephWeeb said:
anime-prime said:

Additionally, you should watch that shows prequel .

According to people in a discord server i am in the Prequel of Awakening spoils alot of things, wouldnt it be best to just skip it then?

It doesn't spoil anything lol, for someone who haven't read the source material the prequel is a must watch because it helps you understand the story. Besides, the action takes place right before this first episode.
Oct 7, 2020 2:31 PM

Dec 2018
Kaasfondue said:
Webtoons are trash bro I knew there wasn't something wrong with me for not being able to get into them I'm just blessed with above average taste

I mean I have only read noblesse out of the crunchyroll adpatations but I have to tell you I dont feel like crunchyroll is doing a good job with this, this 1st episode of noblesse literally skips 3 intire arcs and dont even get me started on the "you need to watch the ovas" I already watched them and they are rushed and the story is not exacly the same, with this being said give a shot to Noblesse(webtoon) and Purple Hyacinth those 2 are my favourite webtoons by far.
Oct 7, 2020 2:33 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Dariat said:
StephWeeb said:

According to people in a discord server i am in the Prequel of Awakening spoils alot of things, wouldnt it be best to just skip it then?

It doesn't spoil anything lol, for someone who haven't read the source material the prequel is a must watch because it helps you understand the story. Besides, the action takes place right before this first episode.

I think they were talking about the prequel of the special that you are thinking about. You might be thinking of the prequel to this, which is Awakening, and they are talking about the prequel to Awakening.
Oct 7, 2020 2:33 PM
Jul 2020
This was a very chill episode and had a nice pace. That being said, if hadn't read the synopsis I would have no clue what was oging on.
Definitely intrigued though
Oct 7, 2020 2:43 PM

Feb 2013
Why did they skip so much, wtf is this?
Oct 7, 2020 2:45 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Ulquiorra said:

I am not sure if they skipped stuff or not, but there was a prequel episode which may have contained the stuff that you think they skipped.
Oct 7, 2020 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
anime-prime said:
Ulquiorra said:

I am not sure if they skipped stuff or not, but there was a prequel episode which may have contained the stuff that you think they skipped.

I've watched it and read the manga and I know what happened but still, this is a new anime, it's not really a prequel anyway, dunno why not adapt it like they should.
Oct 7, 2020 2:53 PM

May 2018
6.96 score lol

Everyone was mad because God of High School was rushed, with too much action and not enough story. Now they're complaining that Noblesse is too boring and has too little action, so I guess there's no way to please these people

anime-prime said:
Dariat said:

I think they were talking about the prequel of the special that you are thinking about. You might be thinking of the prequel to this, which is Awakening, and they are talking about the prequel to Awakening.

That's weird, I watched it the other day and haven't noticed any spoilers. The action takes place 820 years ago, before Noblesse went to deep sleep, so I don't see what they could have spoiled
Oct 7, 2020 3:27 PM
Apr 2016
Doesn't look very interesting so far, but we'll see I guess. This kind of artstyle is unfit for an anime like this in my opinion.
Oct 7, 2020 3:37 PM

Jun 2020
Damn I actually despised the shit out of that art style.
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 7, 2020 3:56 PM

Jan 2015
Wow, I remember watching a special 4-5 years ago even though I don't remember anything from it. So I started this series too. Decent first episode, I enjoyed it.
Oct 7, 2020 4:03 PM

Mar 2010
Ova was better, but yeah good to see this as a full blown anime, hoping for a minimum of 100 episodes lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 7, 2020 4:07 PM

Jun 2015
Crunchy looks like they flexing there muscles with another original. Really looking forward to this and glad they have picked it up. I think its going to get wild!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 7, 2020 4:07 PM

May 2015
Well that was just meh. Oh well guess ill give it the old 3 episode try, but that will probably be it.
Oct 7, 2020 4:40 PM
Apr 2020
why are the ratings below 7? I thought people would like it more
Oct 7, 2020 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
Can't believe Hyde wrote the OP. Jae Joong's vocals were a major disappointment and it would have been way better if Hyde just sang it. Joong's vocals are the complete opposite of Hyde's.

Well I guess it's for a Korean and Western audience so they had to include a K-pop singer instead of a Japanese one.

Otherwise decent episode.
penguindrum264Oct 7, 2020 4:55 PM
Oct 7, 2020 5:09 PM
Apr 2018
Horrible adaptation. Watched the Ova before and I thought it sucked. I really hoped they would redeem themselves with this continuation but no. The voice actors sucks and doesn’t fit the characters. The animation and character designs are horrible, like for real, in the webtoon Rai’s gaze is literally so soft that you can feel the emotions through his eyes, this adaptation literally butchers the webtoon and doesn’t do it any justice. I would recommend everyone to read the webtoon, it’s amazing.
ChillingninjaMar 28, 2021 2:27 PM
Oct 7, 2020 5:10 PM
Jul 2020
AYEE finally ive been waiting for this anime and im hyped liked the first ep waiting for the nobless to start clapping mans
Oct 7, 2020 5:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, that was average as fuck.

Awakening was better.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 7, 2020 6:09 PM

Jul 2013
Been a long time since I read Noblesse but I thought the pacing was really well. So long as you watched the OVA.

They did skip over a bit of stuff with M-21 but that could easily be added in later. It's not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Also, I'm glad they skipped a lot of the unnecessary shit, like Rai vs the door, or Rai learning to play PC games. I remember when I first read Noblesse it was quite a chore to get through the start because it was so slow with what felt like filler.

Things should start to pick up in the coming episodes!

Oct 7, 2020 6:13 PM

Dec 2019
I'm starting to develop some level of anti-webtoon bias after these adaptations. What the fuck was this shit?!
Oct 7, 2020 6:47 PM

Dec 2014
Heard a lot about Noblesse in the past but I never got around to reading it.

This seems decent so far but after reading this thread, it sounds like I should watch awakening first.

Don't have too much of an impression so far, but I hope this adaptation is better paced and doesn't end up in the same boat as God of Highschool or Tower of God.
Oct 7, 2020 8:04 PM
Jun 2013
The best thing i did was to watch the Awakening OVA hours before the "1st" episode of the anime, because it's literally the continuation of the OVA, the "1st" episode is basically the "2nd", watching this without the OVA is like starting Naruto, Bleach, One Piece or any other action series at the 2nd episode, all the context behind everything that happened in this 1st episode it's in the Awakening OVA, that is really good btw, so if you don't watch that, things wil much probablyl feel bland and boring because you have zero context.
Oct 7, 2020 8:19 PM
Aug 2020
Damn, webtoon animes in the mud with that pacing
Oct 7, 2020 8:33 PM

Jun 2019
Could be good depending on how they go about it. The story offers a lot of potential with its premise and power system. A group of powerful bad guys against a smaller group of more powerful good guys is an established formula that typically brings good results. I just hope the animation can keep up, because I was not very impressed with the art in this episode.
Oct 7, 2020 8:53 PM

Jul 2020
I watched the 'Noblesse: Awakening' before this and I suprisingly liked it. But seeing this first episode after that was a bit underwhelming.

But yeah atleast it has a decent pacing compared to other webtoon adaptations. Didn't expect the ED to be sung by Oh My Girl though. That was a nice addition for me.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 7, 2020 9:32 PM
Jul 2016
Pure dogshit. One of the worst episodes I've ever watched in my LIFE!!!

3/10, instant drop
Oct 7, 2020 10:01 PM
Jun 2017
not bad for the first episode... atleast it gave us some idea of what the story could be. well lets see what will happen next
Oct 7, 2020 10:44 PM
Jun 2014
This EP was decent but they changed a lot of the events and even did some censor ship that the manga readers would not like for example the guy M21 beats down at the school isn't a black dude with dreadlocks that was an army veteran,that just shows that they probably changed a lot of different characters and enemies in the anime for better or worse we must just hope it's for the better.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 7, 2020 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
Heard the webtoon comic is the best among the three webtoon adaptations, so it's either the production of the anime messed up or the quality of the source was no special after all, because so far it looks rather disappointing.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

» Noblesse season 2

quarterhorse2525 - Sep 19, 2023

7 by Saiche »»
Nov 12, 2023 2:18 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 9, 2020

49 by Glowinginthedark »»
Oct 10, 2023 9:48 AM

» Ep. 1 is on Crunchyroll dubs' YouTube.

Animecritic40 - May 1, 2023

6 by Animecritic40 »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.