Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2019 6:45 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hands down, worst episode of Wano so far! Contentwise weak and milked as fuck. Wasn't even able to finish it without fasting forward.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2015
wano is such a great arc man
better than wci

we even got new production staff and director cause toei knew what the big money and hyped arc is at
owo
whats this
the anime still has bad pacing and milked content
damn, who would have thought
eat shit wano dick suckers who were shittalking wci to hype up wano
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 21, 2019 7:30 PM

Jan 2008
FMmatron said:
Hands down, worst episode of Wano so far! Contentwise weak and milked as fuck. Wasn't even able to finish it without fasting forward.

I don't know. Last week was pretty bad. You literally didn't even need to watch it because all the main points were covered in this one's opening summary. Today's wasn't great either, especially with all the padding. If next week's episode does a summary that nullifies the existence of this episode, then it will definitely be up there for worst of the arc.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 21, 2019 7:49 PM

Nov 2016
kevin_video said:
FMmatron said:

I don't know. Last week was pretty bad. You literally didn't even need to watch it because all the main points were covered in this one's opening summary. Today's wasn't great either, especially with all the padding. If next week's episode does a summary that nullifies the existence of this episode, then it will definitely be up there for worst of the arc.

But at least it felt like something was happening, here we mainly just got a dragged out Sumo fight where the "5th Yonkou" was nerfed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
AHAHAHAHAHAH THE PACING IS ACTUALLY GARBAGE, THEY STRETCHED HALF A CHAPTER INTO AN EPISODE
The sumo fight took about 2 pages in the manga, and they managed to stretch that to 10 minutes not including Opening and Recap.

I'll just start watching recaps only (since pretty much everything is summarized there) and will only watch full episodes when something big happens
removed-userSep 21, 2019 8:36 PM
Sep 21, 2019 8:37 PM

Oct 2015
I guess Luffy is a yokozuna now. I just love it when Luffy astonishes the hell out of everybody watching him!

Will be looking forward to Holdem's ass kicked, that freak will deserve everything coming to him.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 21, 2019 9:10 PM

May 2014
The animation was great, though the pace was slow as usual. What I really loved is the final hit by Luffy. It didn't take too much time before the hit made him fly, though it could have been better nevertheless is was better than climax in the Luffy vs. Doflamingo fight. Overall the sumo fight was good. Tama was very cute when her cheek was being pulled with the kelp. Good ep. :)
Sep 21, 2019 9:44 PM

Mar 2018
AHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF WAS THAT
I dont know if I should laugh or cry
The first minutes alone
aaaaaa - hnnnnnngggggg - aaaaAAAaaaaA - hnnnNNNgGnNnG - aaaAAAaaAAAaaaA - hhnnnNNNNGGGGGgg - aaaAAaAaAaAa - HNnnnGG *don don* abababebebababababebebnenebabba - huuuunnnngggg ahaha so bad xD

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 21, 2019 9:54 PM

Jan 2016
Can't disagree with the pacing but can anyone talk about how plot convenient was that yokuza sumo flew to where Tama is?
Sep 21, 2019 9:59 PM

Oct 2015
look at me XDXD
im praising wano even tho this ep was so bad while shitting on the actually good dressrosa fight XDXD
im so special dressrosa bad, wano good
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Sep 21, 2019 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
I get why people say this is the worst episode & shit pacing. I don't disagree with that but it's gonna be like that for a while since this arc hasn't finished yet and this is pretty much going to be the same thing with Dressrosa when that arc lasted like 2 years.
Sep 22, 2019 12:20 AM

Dec 2014
haha...the polar bear acting cute was priceless
Sep 22, 2019 12:21 AM

Oct 2017
Still waiting for some serious shit to happen and nthng to say about this episode except this was horrible once again.
Sep 22, 2019 12:22 AM

Oct 2015
b-b-b-but its wano so its a good arc XDXD
dressrosa cant even compare to this its just a bad ep, we'll totally now get 10/10 quality forever cauise wano is goat
Sep 22, 2019 12:24 AM

Jul 2015
Bit disappointed that they are still stretching the content
Really wished Luffy would have ended the sumo match with a few moves to get the boss faster, still funny to watch him mess around with the yokozuna

Sep 22, 2019 12:28 AM

Sep 2014
Ugh, my fears from last week came out true. What a waste really with that random fodder. The part where both lost their balance was so bad that it was good.
Sep 22, 2019 12:28 AM

Jan 2008
FMmatron said:
kevin_video said:

But at least it felt like something was happening, here we mainly just got a dragged out Sumo fight where the "5th Yonkou" was nerfed.

I was told about a site called One Pace. I might look into it. Apparently, much like another site did with the entire Naruto series, they're editing One Piece to be more DB Kai-like and get rid of all the filler and padding. I can't help but wonder how many episodes will be cut out completely or reduced to 5 minutes.
Sep 22, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2015
Wow the first 6-8 minutes were uncomfortable
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 22, 2019 12:40 AM

Oct 2015
I enjoyed it, because it is still One Piece, but.. 9 pages... They adapted 9 pages. They really should have given us a huuuge filler arc before wano, even if it's been hyped for a long time now.
Sep 22, 2019 12:50 AM

Oct 2015
pfft then the casuals would be the ones complaining cause they dont get how anime works
Sep 22, 2019 1:11 AM

Jul 2007
xKeegaa said:
I get why people say this is the worst episode & shit pacing. I don't disagree with that but it's gonna be like that for a while since this arc hasn't finished yet and this is pretty much going to be the same thing with Dressrosa when that arc lasted like 2 years.

Not even close to that. Dressrosa entire arc was dragged out, there was alot of new character introductions and individual stories that spanned nearly the entire arc before some of the climax battles finally elevated the story. Where as wano is much much smaller. Think about half of WCI is all it will take to establish most characters and world setting, before the story reaches a new phase.

Though i will say this was by far the worst episode of the wano arc, although it was also the worst chapter in the manga. It was the one solitary moment where fans actually though it held no relevance to the plot and instead was used as some sort of like side dish instead. Oda just wanted to put some wrestling stuff in the wano arc, he could have incorporated a little bit better imo though. In any case, things are about to heat up very soon so just be patient.
ArtimesGamerSep 22, 2019 1:17 AM

Sep 22, 2019 1:17 AM

Dec 2011
This episode was so slow pace but it is understanding as the manga is not very far away and that we only get 3 chapters a month.Well Bepo cuteness save that episode for me lol
Sep 22, 2019 1:19 AM

Jul 2007
The studio needs to take breaks after every act intermission and focus on the grand fleet side stories in my opinion. There has been so much of those that have not even been animated yet. A perfect way to keep the anime further apart from the manga.

Sep 22, 2019 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Yea not a great episode............

Let's just hope that they can nail that ONE scene next week

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
b-b-b-but its wano so its a good arc XDXD
dressrosa cant even compare to this its just a bad ep, we'll totally now get 10/10 quality forever cauise wano is goat

Are you that desperate for attention?
Sep 22, 2019 5:02 AM

Feb 2013
Well, I liked it.
Fight was ok.
Sep 22, 2019 5:06 AM

Sep 2017
Seeing Law with the new artstyle makes me geniunely happy

Anyways, it's still pretty good but the pacing was somehow even worse than usual, I can see clearly the difference with the One Pace version
Sep 22, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Well, I liked it.
Fight was ok.

Was it?

1 minite of them making noises trying to fall off the stage and then repeated animations over and over again.

Was pretty lacklustre.
Sep 22, 2019 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
link9us said:
The studio needs to take breaks after every act intermission and focus on the grand fleet side stories in my opinion. There has been so much of those that have not even been animated yet. A perfect way to keep the anime further apart from the manga.

Or go back and do some of the original cover stories.

I would love to see the Gedatsu becomes the boss of the blue ocean cover story done as 2-3 episodes.
Sep 22, 2019 6:03 AM

Nov 2016
kevin_video said:
FMmatron said:

I was told about a site called One Pace. I might look into it. Apparently, much like another site did with the entire Naruto series, they're editing One Piece to be more DB Kai-like and get rid of all the filler and padding. I can't help but wonder how many episodes will be cut out completely or reduced to 5 minutes.

I know that one and I will definitely make use of it for my rewatch, but only during the later arcs.

Vindicater said:
link9us said:

I would love to see the Gedatsu becomes the boss of the blue ocean cover story done as 2-3 episodes.

+1

Staff for other series are also creative with the anime original stuff and this is the adaptation of the best selling manga of all time, yet we get this xD it was a lot better in the past with addditonal Davy Back Fight games or some slice of life episodes.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
pfft then the casuals would be the ones complaining cause they dont get how anime works

You really like to rub salt into the wound :D

Sep 22, 2019 6:13 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
kevin_video said:

I know that one and I will definitely make use of it for my rewatch, but only during the later arcs.

Vindicater said:

+1

Staff for other series are also creative with the anime original stuff and this is the adaptation of the best selling manga of all time, yet we get this xD it was a lot better in the past with addditonal Davy Back Fight games or some slice of life episodes.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:

i am a salt dispener, my whole life is salt
unlimited salt works
Sep 22, 2019 6:23 AM

Apr 2013
As expected they wasted a whole episode on that stupid sumo fight, the yokozuna fallling exactly on the house where Tama is was so dumb... Pacing is back to absolute shit levels again, who would've thought -_-
Sep 22, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2019
Compared to the hype it initially created, Wano has been super disappointing so far. Judging from the preview, the next episode probably won't be any better. It's sad because the manga has been absolutely great.

I'd rather see occasional anime breaks or some fillers here and there like in Arabasta instead of this shitty pacing. Wano is a strong candidate for being the arc with the worst pacing. Dressrosa might be dethroned. I mean, it has almost been 3 months since the arc started but nothing happened so far!

If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Sep 22, 2019 7:31 AM

Dec 2013
The sumo match was dragged out even more than I expected...
Sep 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2016
Can't remember when was the las time I've seen episodes stretched like a rubber band... Was it Thriller Bark? Gyojin island?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 22, 2019 8:53 AM
Jun 2015
I mean we all knew Luffy was going to win this one. The amount of time they spent milking this episode...
Sep 22, 2019 9:17 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

+1

i am a salt dispener, my whole life is salt
unlimited salt works

Feels very bad man :(

Sep 22, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2008
The pacing has been the same for years now...would you rather it completely caught up to the manga? Then what?
Sep 22, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2016
I should try to wait few weeks and watch them in a batch that way we probably enjoy it a lot more and just skip the repeated parts.
Sep 22, 2019 12:37 PM

Nov 2016
WolfWood37 said:
The pacing has been the same for years now...would you rather it completely caught up to the manga? Then what?

Having a break would be preferable in fact xD

Sep 22, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2008
FMmatron said:
WolfWood37 said:

Schedule has been the same for 20 years now, I don't think it's changing.
Sep 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
WolfWood37 said:
FMmatron said:

Schedule has been the same for 20 years now, I don't think it's changing.

Whether it will change or not, it would still be the better way to go in regards of quality.

Sep 22, 2019 2:04 PM
Apr 2016
Well, that was very dragged out and boring. Luffy played around with him, he could've taken him out instantly if he wanted to.
Sep 22, 2019 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
I agree this episode was pretty dragged and nothing really happened. We all know what would have happened if Luffy got a little bit serious against Yokozuna. But it's Luffy, all he wants is to have fun.

At least Yokozunas flight right into Holdems face was funny to see + now Luffy and Zoro definitely have the attention of everyone.

Besides from that there's nothing more to say.

Sep 23, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2009
🙄🙄🙄🙄
Sep 23, 2019 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
kevin_video said:

The present Toei is a worse company they drag some unnecessary fights
and make Luffy look weak that's a big disgrace to the Toei company

Remember
Luffy vs Caesar ? they made the final fight took forever for Luffy to beat him in Manga Caesar was taken out instantly by Luffy's Grizzly Magnum
removed-userSep 23, 2019 11:00 AM
Sep 24, 2019 3:45 PM

Sep 2018
kevin_video said:
FMmatron said:

It basically reduces the watchtime by around 55%.I started with normal OP till the fishman island arc and switched right after since the pacing got too much for me. Enjoyed it a lot more after that but now that I've caught up you have no choice since you need to wait like a few weeks after it was aired initially for the newer eps. Works if you're patient though.
Sep 24, 2019 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
Syreid said:
It basically reduces the watchtime by around 55%.I started with normal OP till the fishman island arc and switched right after since the pacing got too much for me. Enjoyed it a lot more after that but now that I've caught up you have no choice since you need to wait like a few weeks after it was aired initially for the newer eps. Works if you're patient though.

I believe it. After finding a site with all the episodes listed by standard, filler, and padded, I was shocked by how many episodes weren't actually an episode. I've skipped something like 200 episodes now, and I don't plan on going back to seeing them. I might just have to wait a few weeks as well. Thankfully I'm all caught up on the manga anyhow, so I'm not actually missing anything. I just wanted to see certain scenes animated.
Sep 25, 2019 1:47 AM

Mar 2011
The pacing is an unfortunate necessary I have grown to accept, but is there really any excuse for the lazy reuse of animation? They could drag out the fight and make it look good..
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 28, 2019 4:14 PM

May 2014
FMmatron said:

At least Luffy kicking sumo asshole was satisfying
Oct 20, 2019 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
What a dragged fight that was especially when they were struggling not to fall, that was just fucking ridiculous. And how many times did that fat bastard yelled "I am the great Yokozuna" damn.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelleee - Sep 14, 2008

70 by TheStarscream759 »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Aug 28, 2008

65 by TheStarscream759 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

171 by Pangea_ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1000 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Nov 20, 2021

333 by Yubisoft »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 452 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JusticeGundam - May 22, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.