Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2019 5:36 PM
Apr 2019
As a manga reader i always hated Marley and after this episode my hate increased more and more .
Jun 16, 2019 5:36 PM
Oct 2013
As an anime-only follower, this was the best episode of the season and the execution was perfect imo.
It answered alot of the questions, albit there's some still waiting for answer, but overall the VA and Animation and OST were all on point for me, Watching an episode twice and still waiting for the official subs to enjoy it more.
this Season is ending up as no.1 on MAL no doubt, flawless in every aspect imagined. Salute to WIT studio!
Jun 16, 2019 5:37 PM

Sep 2018
Raphtaliamal said:
WarFirel said:
It's the japanese television, what do you want? They can't show that in television, they can't show how they torture a person and cut his fingers or how some dogs kill a little girl, welcome to Japan and the world television rules
but I see that kimetsu no yaiba has no sensors at all, why lately AOT has been much censorship, it's disappointing
Yeah but who knows how they going to make it in the uncoming seasons a lot of times the censorship it's strong after the first season
I keep moving forward
Jun 16, 2019 5:38 PM
Jun 2013
DAIO said:
This reminds me so much of modern day America with it's liberal White guilt.
"Oh yes, our ancestors were evil so now we should accept being treated like shit by the ones our ancestors oppressed to atone for their sins"

Pack it up, boys. I think we've found the dumbest comment in the history of the internet.
Jun 16, 2019 5:46 PM

Aug 2018
Such an amazing episode... no action but a content that answered so many questions left unsolved over the years : does mankind only remains inside the walls ? Who are the titans ? etc

I actually feel like Eren, discovering that the part known 'til this day was nothing but a tiny portion of the reality. It is crazy to realize that the story is so much bigger than what we could expect.

One of the best episode of the whole show, brings so many revelations by also bringing some feels.
Jun 16, 2019 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
The beginning looked like more as if it was for a movie, not for another episode of TV series. :D Well done, Wit Studio!

This episode was one of the best among those 8 aired to this day. It showed and explaoned lot of details important for the plot, i.e. about origins of titans vs. humans conflict and where is Paradis placed on the map if it could stay isolated for so long.
I completely agree with @Otorez about the idea of this episode. It wasn't full of action, but amount of important informations that were stacked in this episode was delightful.

As I thought, Grisha was raised in ghetto dedicated for titans. At first I thought it could've been an isolated area for the poorest citizens of that country (basically "ghetto of poverty"), but later I thought of maybe ghetto for defeated titan race's descendants.

Grisha's story is truly sad and tragic, but something unexpected for me happened as well. I saw Grisha as somebody wise who knew many secrets and was smart enough to use it as an advantage. This episode proved he was just ordinary man with exceptional knowledge (he was a medic, so he couldn't be dumb) and talent to unite people. In the end his traits led to tragedy: his son denounced Grisha and Dina, which led to the Resistance's destruction.

Grisha was lucky enough to survive by being saved by that "secret agent" among Mare.

Funny, yet tragic detail also occured: Dina as a titan ate Grisha's second wife. Damn.

Two episodes left, it's a shame. This season is soooo good! :)

@Funseco , too bad so many important scenes were cut, even if this episode was already full of new revelations (I write this from a point of anime-only). Maybe in the next episode we will have these scenes you mentioned in your post (mostly first one, because it had been already implied that tortures led to Grisha having his fingers cut)? Like Kruger talking with Grisha about them after he returns back to his human form. If they talked for a while, then maybe these scenes can be included and blended into their chat as side-topic? Or will be introduced as Kruger's memories? I hope to see them in anime adaptation. They look decent.
AdnashJun 16, 2019 6:10 PM
Jun 16, 2019 6:05 PM
Jun 2009
The episode was way too narrative heavy. Show don't tell is more my taste. I bet many people, including myself, have forgotten about the tiny details.

Jun 16, 2019 6:07 PM

Jul 2012
Funseco said:
so they the start the episode after a credit scene that happened in the previous episode, which many people missed... excelente move, wit!

and once again the amazing wit studio decides to cut important parts (thank god its their last season) because they were out of time.

here for anime only interested in knowing what they cut in this episode

what warriors are

torture cut scene

I mean, the torture scene WAS included, it was just a bit censored (pretty sure they can't show that stuff on TV, so maybe in the BDs). And the Eldian Restorationists plan of acquiring the Founding Titan while infiltrating Marley's Warriors using Zeke was also mentioned in the episode, no need to repeat that information (although Owl just reinstates the mission next chapter anyway

The only thing they did skipped in there is the little bit about was about the Marley enemies from the east,

As for the information ommited in the other scene (what warriors are), Grisha did the narration explaining that the Marleyan army was recruiting young boys and girls to serve as Warriors that would inherit the power of the seven titans, since, as the episode previously stated, they were subjects of Ymir and can inherit the titan powers being held by Marley at the moment.

For that scene, they only actually skipped the bit about how will the Warriors' and the family will gain honorary titles,

These are bits of info given before in the manga, but they aren't even used as foreshadowing, just as little introductions to things that will be explained entirely later, and serve to no purpose at the moment, so they don't really damage the content being presented in any way.

And of course, the whole "King Fritz of the devil Eldians declared war" was a red herring excuse from the Marley government to recruit Warriors as national heroes to fight for the Marley cause against the old opressors apparently being opressive again
, and thus, they only left the real explanation as to why the Marleyans are invading Paradis and recruiting Warriors, provided by the Owl in the very next page and adapted entirely in here.

They really did not cut anything important, they just took away some panels reinstating information and some others with minor heads-ups to future events that have no consequence in this arc nor in the story until they are properly presented for the first time entirely.
DanpmssJun 16, 2019 6:15 PM
Jun 16, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
carlove said:
The episode was way too narrative heavy. Show don't tell is more my taste. I bet many people, including myself, have forgotten about the tiny details.

You will get your explanation for that next episode.
Jun 16, 2019 6:16 PM
Pen

Mar 2018
biggest info dump and this is ep 57 good god. This entire time we have been on a small ass island. The real question now is Mikasa and her race of people targeted because they are from the outside of the walls.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 16, 2019 6:18 PM

Dec 2015
Ok, that was A LOT of information we just had. I really need to rewatch this in order to understand better the true history of the world, and about Marley and Eldia
Jun 16, 2019 6:31 PM
Jun 2019
carlove said:

The owl will explain why he do that in the next episode
Jun 16, 2019 6:45 PM
Jan 2019
A too good episode that brought out the origin of the Titans, the sad and hard past of Grisha Jaeger, the town of Ymir, and the war between the Eldians and the Marlianos.
The history of the Titans ... What is TRUTH and what is LIE? Who is good, who is bad? This story fascinates me! And it's stinging my curiosity to its maximum point. I would never have imagined to see the first episode of Shingeki no Kyojin that the time would come when a story of giant monsters would become such a profound story, passing issues from the government, corruption, oppression, life, freedom. ..It is much more than simple fantasy. The little world inside the walls was much ... much wider. Dr. Jaeger's books will change everything!
As far as everyone knows, inside the Wall they are Aldians. Now after knowing these shocking truths what direction they will follow. Will a new war begin?
Now everything starts to connect ...

The Owl, a Marliano ... or maybe not. Why did you help them? I can not wait for the answer.

PS: 1. Betray your father ... on father's day. Damn Zeke! Betrayal, disappointment [son]>: 'v. Why did he do it?
2. Mikasa's hair in the cell. LOL 😂.
3. Grisha's sister. R.I.P
4. When the damned fat unhappy was thrown from the wall I felt great satisfaction. That man was really sick.
5. Knowing that the Titan that devoured Eren's mother, was Grisha's ex-wife, left me stunned. WOW!

THIS IS SO EXCITING THAT IT HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WEEK FOR EVERY EPISODE!
Jun 16, 2019 6:47 PM
Nov 2014
Great episode but it was a bit fast paced, it's fun to see anime watchers reactions, I also got my sister into the show so it's pretty fun to look at her reactions this season.
Jun 16, 2019 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
virg0 said:
ShiroiKamui said:
I am seriously so confused, there are so many pieces missing.
Mostly, the time gap. Grisha was not a titan until he injected himself and ate Freya.

what?

How did he get his hands back?

the regenerative power of the shifters??

When did Zeke become a titan?

in the future?

Can only Edians become them?

they said it in this episode

Is that city the same place they live in right now?

what the fuck? you saw the marleyans dispatching them in the island, liberio is in the continent

Why are they creating titans instead of killing them?

you can think about it as a eternal torture or a way of stocking soldiers for when they successfully reclaim the founding titan

do you have a brain?

No need to be rude, just answer the questions without offending the people, or ignore them instead if you can't handle them being confused about stuff.

This episode may require a rewatch to get things together properly to some, there's a lot of new information.
Jun 16, 2019 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
bruh after the big reveal last week i was not expecting such a huge info dump was hard to process all of it half the time i was oh shi- is that what i think it is but couldn't recollect what half the time.

still a really good episode extremely hard to watch turns out shits just as bad on the other side
Jun 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Apr 2017
i have no words. this was absolutely incredible. i can't imagine another studio doing this adaptation. if i'm being honest, dina's reveal was a lot more impactful in the manga, but it was still executed really well here. i also much prefer zeke's betrayal in the manga because it gives you time to process it.

as much as i loved this episode i can't help but feel like it went a little fast. it was still really well done, i just think it was a little faster than the manga. i guess that's due to having more time to process the info.

kruger's reveal was so. fucking. good. i may be getting a little ahead of myself but it may just be better than the manga. i felt that shit man. i'm so glad it ended where it did.

these last two episodes are going to be the turning points of the story and will be crucial to the plot. get ready, anime-onlies. i can't wait.
Jun 16, 2019 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
I liked this episode but i had trouble following it completely. Is there anything I can read online to make this more clear?
Jun 16, 2019 7:21 PM

Aug 2010
Very informative episode with many reveals. This show just keeps continuing to amaze me.

Loved the way the revealed "Owl's" identity in the end.
Jun 16, 2019 7:24 PM

Feb 2018
Holy shit I'm shook
Jun 16, 2019 7:27 PM
Jun 2016
Felt quick but then again it was the same way in the manga considering how much happens at once.

Loved it though. Lack of music really set the somber tone as well.
Jun 16, 2019 7:27 PM

May 2016
I wonder if people's confusion with this episode has anything to do with the horrible subs the early servers had.

Cuz it was like that for me. On my first watch the video had really clunky subs but then I found some better subs for my second viewing and everything was much more coherent.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 16, 2019 7:29 PM
Jun 2016
You c
Pyoung said:
I liked this episode but i had trouble following it completely. Is there anything I can read online to make this more clear?

You could read the two chapters this covered. Chapter 86 and 87. But things might not become clear until you watch the next two episodes because there are several more reveals coming.

Watch these last couple episodes then see where you stand. Personally I had to reread the manga chapters for this about 3 times to catch everything lol.
Jun 16, 2019 7:36 PM
Jan 2019
A very amazing ep indeed
Subarraaassshiiii
Evth was on point
Faces really are better than last ep hehe
Jun 16, 2019 7:40 PM

Dec 2008
Awesome now season 2 ending makes sense
Jun 16, 2019 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Pyoung said:
chapter 86 and 87 of the manga
Jun 16, 2019 7:45 PM
Oct 2014
Great info episode, but all the replies here is from people whom already read the manga. I wonder if there's someone that only watches the anime
Jun 16, 2019 7:47 PM
Jul 2018
carlove said:

Why wait? Youll get your answers next episode. "The Attack Titan"
Jun 16, 2019 7:49 PM
Oct 2018
I want to appreciate the art/drawings in this episode. It's flawless 👌
Almost every scene were on point. Voice acting, music, love it!
Jun 16, 2019 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
Venator25 said:
You c
Pyoung said:

You could read the two chapters this covered. Chapter 86 and 87. But things might not become clear until you watch the next two episodes because there are several more reveals coming.

Watch these last couple episodes then see where you stand. Personally I had to reread the manga chapters for this about 3 times to catch everything lol.
much appreciated!
Jun 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Feb 2016
Oh boy, I've waited for this back when I started reading the manga after S2 finished. Brace yourselves Anime onlies, you're up for the very best of Shingeki no Kyojin from now on!

Can't wait to see Daddy Eren in Anime form.

lobbyboy said:
Great info episode, but all the replies here is from people whom already read the manga. I wonder if there's someone that only watches the anime

There are some, but most of this thread is sadly covered by people insulting each other.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 16, 2019 8:01 PM
Jul 2013
As an anime-only viewer, I thought this was an amazing episode. This season has outdone all the previous in every respect. As usual the best part of the reveals was linking back to all the foreshadowing. Annie's flashback with her father, her dirty blood mentioned back in season one. Ymir's backstory in season two (which implied becoming a titan was a punishment and that there were another race of advanced humans with guns) Reiner and Bertholdt's dissonance with betraying those behind the walls. Hell, the wall religion itself. There's too much to list. It was interesting to hear about the nine (now 8) special titans; Eren, the coordinate [has now been absorbed into Eren], Armored, Colossal, Female, Ymir's, Beast and I'm assuming that carrier titan that took off with Zeke.

The episode itself was flawless despite some art drops. I usually don't approve of exposition dumping but the pacing was too good. You get a complete picture of Grisha's character from this alone. All culminating in the conversation with the asshole sergeant. I don't think the sister-killer was even particularly evil, he just sees the Eldians as subhumans and I'm sure that same view is shared by much of outer humanity. Getting some major holocaust vibes here.

For the protagonists...not sure how they can handle this. Eren has always been about killing titans. Well, all the titans are the same race he's been protecting all along. Lastly, Erwin might have been shown a mercy by dying here. I don't think he could come to terms with the harsh reality of what was truly going on. From the sounds of it, the scouts have been throwing their lives away and he's the one who made them do it.
Jun 16, 2019 8:08 PM

Sep 2017
Holy fucking shit dude that was amazing. Oh man they literally explained everything. It actually all makes sense. Incredible. Now we just need to know how Grisha ends up outside the walls. Kind if insane to think one of the leading (potentially) titan shifters on Maryla (whatever it was called) is Grisha's son. If only they never bothered to tell him.

So Reiner and all them are from this other nation and they are attacking the walls because they want the founding titan power. Also because of the supposedly fake history they think the wall ppl (Eldian or whatever) are the devils because they ruled the world for almost 2000 years. The only thing I gotta wonder is why the king fled from battle and thought it was best to seal his people in the walls and wipe their memories. Man this story just got so much bigger holy crap.
Jun 16, 2019 8:09 PM

Dec 2017
Wow so much information at once, I will have to rewatch this.
Can't believe that there only more 2 episodes. Don't know if I can wait for next season, maybe I go to the manga after this season.
Jun 16, 2019 8:13 PM

Mar 2013
Interesting episode no wonder it makes sense to watch the whole scene and find the truth.
Jun 16, 2019 8:18 PM

Feb 2018
Gilgamesh said:
As an anime-only viewer, I thought this was an amazing episode. This season has outdone all the previous in every respect. As usual the best part of the reveals was linking back to all the foreshadowing. Annie's flashback with her father, her dirty blood mentioned back in season one. Ymir's backstory in season two (which implied becoming a titan was a punishment and that there were another race of advanced humans with guns) Reiner and Bertholdt's dissonance with betraying those behind the walls. Hell, the wall religion itself. There's too much to list. It was interesting to hear about the nine (now 8) special titans; Eren, the coordinate [has now been absorbed into Eren], Armored, Colossal, Female, Ymir's, Beast and I'm assuming that carrier titan that took off with Zeke.

The episode itself was flawless despite some art drops. I usually don't approve of exposition dumping but the pacing was too good. You get a complete picture of Grisha's character from this alone. All culminating in the conversation with the asshole sergeant. I don't think the sister-killer was even particularly evil, he just sees the Eldians as subhumans and I'm sure that same view is shared by much of outer humanity. Getting some major holocaust vibes here.

For the protagonists...not sure how they can handle this. Eren has always been about killing titans. Well, all the titans are the same race he's been protecting all along. Lastly, Erwin might have been shown a mercy by dying here. I don't think he could come to terms with the harsh reality of what was truly going on. From the sounds of it, the scouts have been throwing their lives away and he's the one who made them do it.

Zeke is beast titan, there is one more titan that will be revealed on next season. you can see while Grisha and Dina come to pick Zeke for tell him about Warrior, Zeke was playing monkey doll. If you remember last episode Beast Titan shifter said " we are both victim of your father" because Eren and Beast Titan shifter are half-brother
Jun 16, 2019 8:28 PM

Jan 2009
papsoshea said:
I don't see how this series is pro-nazi though?

just that the Eldians (because of their Titan powers) once believe they are the master race https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_race thats why ethnic (inferior race) cleansings and eugenics is excusable for them

but ye this pro-nazi thing is just overblown and im glad not many fans are making this a big controversy
Jun 16, 2019 8:37 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, after the last few episodes really bored me I had to turn off the 2x speed playback and actually absorb all the information this time. This is what I've been waiting to learn!! The world just opened up wiiiide and I'm sure we're gonna see Eren do some crazy Code-Geass-take-over-the-world shit.
Jun 16, 2019 8:37 PM

Aug 2012
carlove said:

It will be explained next episode
Jun 16, 2019 8:44 PM
Nov 2015
One of my favorite SnK episodes EVER!

I understand they could've slowed down the pace and ended the episode in Zeke's scene to make some scenes more impactful and allow the viewer to swallow all these informations calmly, but even so the episode seemed great to me.

Adult Grisha's VA was truly amazing during the second half of the episode, damn.

And the owl in the end...

4.5/5 (manga reader).
Jun 16, 2019 8:44 PM

May 2015
SheevPalpatine said:
This was the the most poorly animated AoT episode ever. The battle scenes in the previous episodes consumed most of the budget I assume...

Eren's waking up from his dream felt out of the place, broke the dynamic of the scene.

This was the long awaited revealing episode with the highest shocking value, so its score will going insanely high, yet the execution, animation and the direction of the episode went really wrong this time.

Grisha's seiyuu wasn't really good. Except the child Grisha's
Question? Who was the child Grisha's seiyuu? Sometimes it sounded like Yuki Kaji, sometimes sounded like Yuuto Uemura.

3/5

I like how you don't have any examples of things that looked bad or were directed poorly.
TsukuyomiREKTJun 16, 2019 8:49 PM

Jun 16, 2019 8:46 PM

May 2015
Digitalexile said:
Very obvious that this episode was rushed with a messy presentation, but as just saying slight words about it will mean fans attacking such posts.

SheevPalpatine said:

Thank you very much for this highly intellectual response!

Because of fans like you many people consider the typical AoT fans as blind fanboys, and the AoT fandom as one of the most toxic fandoms. Congratulations!

I've just said a bad word about your favourite show and you instantly insulted me. I've never said a bad word about you.

Just don't bother quoting these posts. I have seen SnK forums and it has been like this ever since episode 1. Heck, someone just brought out flight crash miracle statistics few episodes ago out of desperation lol for the valid criticisms. Just move on, lots of posts will be like this "stop watching anime because of hating on snk". No wonder the fanbase has such notorious reputation everywhere.

About the episode, very interested to see how people will react to next episode's reveals. ~

NakolHira said:
whenever I come in an episode discussion there always a fight. Like one man said something and the whole discussion chat is covered by those who against it.

I know right, if only the fans were more open-minded about such criticisms(or even just plain ignore them if they are unjustified).

If only you guys could provide actual criticisms.
TsukuyomiREKTJun 16, 2019 8:49 PM

Jun 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

It was quite interesting seeing all these revelations about the world history and stuff, I liked it but I can't quite say I loved it like the previous episodes of this season. I feel like it might be too early to judge this but I think the setting might have been over convoluted.

Some of the early info dumps like the founding titan, Ymir, so called Devil of the Earth especially the last felt a little forced on but okay I can believe in myths. The rest of the political history makes enough sense from there on I guess.

I don't know about most other people but to me SnK has always been about the triumph of human will and spirit, seeing soldiers march into battle against devastating odds and rising to victory has always given me the most satisfaction. Shinzou wo Sasageyo has so much weight to it solely because of that reason. The story or rather the narrative turning out the way it did kinda makes it lose some of that charm. At this point, it feels like all the fights that happened were just pointless skirmishes in the whole larger battle between opposing factions, not to mention what do our characters, the ones we've been following all this while stand to gain from any of this? There was this real vehement spirit in the fight for freedom in all the battles previously, it's what made every moment so intense and endearing. I'm curious as to what it'll be like now, what kind of motivations will the characters have to fight someone else's battle? What do they stand to gain knowing that the freedom they were looking for is not essentially out there. What's more is that it looks like Eren will probably become the 'Holy Grail' of the fight, not that he wasn't already but it becomes so important now more than ever that it might just become too overbearing.

All said, I did not dislike this episode, I liked it just need to clear that up, it's an interesting way to continue the story and definitely not what I would've expected or even remotely guessed but I don't know, it feels like that taking this direction might just fundamentally change the core spirit of SnK that I loved. While this is just speculation on my part, the show is always welcome to prove me wrong.
Lelouch0202Jun 16, 2019 8:51 PM
Jun 16, 2019 8:51 PM
Dec 2012
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, while this answered questions i had for like 6 years, i didn't really like it. I was hoping that the titans somehow originated from science since all we had info on were syringes, spinal fluid, etc. Maybe it could have been someone in search of a cure for some disease by regenerating organs or something but instead ended up creating titans since they regenerate. Or just some scientist that created titans as a military weapon requested by his government.
Instead we got some god, devil or whatever that gave titans to someone, meh.

And then there is the island, makes me feel a bit cheated honestly, the world isn't actually full of titans, just a tiny island. Would have been better to me if it was the opposite. Or even no islands but instead Marley was separated from Eren and all the titans by some huge mountains or terrain hard to pass all inside the same continent.
Also not a big fan of Grisha's first wife somehow ending up eating his second wife. I mean, they are supposed to be pretty much irrational right? What are the odds...

Those are just my first thoughts after watching, i probably still need to rewatch it since that was a lot of info to take in.
Jun 16, 2019 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
that day.... has come!

btw here are the titans from the past and there original human forms
credits all to this guy on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/c1h8qr/shingeki_no_kyojin_season_3_episode_57_discussion/erd6xib/

Jun 16, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2015
Title drop for next episode's title. Can't fucking wait
Jun 16, 2019 8:57 PM

Jan 2009
NoChance said:
I was hoping that the titans somehow originated from science since all we had info on were syringes, spinal fluid, etc.

ye i was hoping for that too but honestly that plot is already done in the live action movies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_(film) and the one shot original manga of Attack on Titan here https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Volume_0
Jun 16, 2019 8:58 PM

May 2015
Episode was WAY too fast in contrast to the amount of exposition given. That said, it still hit all the correct beats with the given imagery and music hitting at the right places. Best part however was definitely Hiroshi's acting for Grisha(his wails and pleas feel genuine). I'm just glad manga readers don't have to hide behind Marley/Eldia spoilers anymore...

Jun 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
NoChance said:
I'm a bit disappointed to be honest, while this answered questions i had for like 6 years, i didn't really like it. I was hoping that the titans somehow originated from science since all we had info on were syringes, spinal fluid, etc. Maybe it could have been someone in search of a cure for some disease by regenerating organs or something but instead ended up creating titans since they regenerate. Or just some scientist that created titans as a military weapon requested by his government.
Instead we got some god, devil or whatever that gave titans to someone, meh.

And then there is the island, makes me feel a bit cheated honestly, the world isn't actually full of titans, just a tiny island. Would have been better to me if it was the opposite. Or even no islands but instead Marley was separated from Eren and all the titans by some huge mountains or terrain hard to pass all inside the same continent.
Also not a big fan of Grisha's first wife somehow ending up eating his second wife. I mean, they are supposed to be pretty much irrational right? What are the odds...

Those are just my first thoughts after watching, i probably still need to rewatch it since that was a lot of info to take in.

You do realise that you got two different story from two different race right? One about Devil and one about God.

Think of it as the bible equivalent for Eldia and Marley. I said this to manga readers when this chapter came out, so this is not a spoiler or anything just stating the obvious.

There is plenty of other things I could point out in your comment, but I would be spoiling things to you.
keragammingJun 16, 2019 9:05 PM
Jun 16, 2019 9:00 PM

Feb 2008
Don't know what to comment without mentioning the manga, to be honest. To me, the episode was well narrated, but some parts are just... way too heavy, and the details were important in the manga.

I wanted to stop mentioning the manga in this thread, because it pisses me off, but this episode could've been better. Didn't expect stills of the past history of Eldia, or the "other" story discovered by Grisha and his comrades. Some animation could've been a fresh take on so much information.

Loved the Dina part at the end... that Titan face is unforgettable. I absolutely hate the fat moustache officer for killing without remorse... but can't deny that his speech didn't sound wrong to me. Waiting for the next ep
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Yesterday, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.