Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2019 11:08 AM

May 2016
This was the the most poorly animated AoT episode ever. The battle scenes in the previous episodes consumed most of the budget I assume...

Eren's waking up from his dream felt out of the place, broke the dynamic of the scene.

This was the long awaited revealing episode with the highest shocking value, so its score will going insanely high, yet the execution, animation and the direction of the episode went really wrong this time.

Grisha's seiyuu wasn't really good. Except the child Grisha's
Question? Who was the child Grisha's seiyuu? Sometimes it sounded like Yuki Kaji, sometimes sounded like Yuuto Uemura.

3/5
SciADV_ManiacJun 16, 2019 11:12 AM
-
Jun 16, 2019 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
SheevPalpatine said:
This was the the most poorly animated AoT episode ever. The battle scenes in the previous episodes consumed most of the budget I assume...

Eren's waking up from his dream felt out of the place, broke the dynamic of the scene.

This was the long awaited revealing episode with the highest shocking value, so its score will going insanely high, yet the execution, animation and the direction of the episode went really wrong this time.

Question? Who was the child Grisha's seiyuu? Sometimes it sounded like Yuki Kaji, sometimes sounded like Yuuto Uemura.

3/5

more like it consumed most of their time in the past 6 months ,
Jun 16, 2019 11:18 AM
May 2017
SheevPalpatine said:

3/5

I have a feeling that people don't know what animation is nowadays, the fact that you used the word "Budget" is a proof of that, people said the exact same thing for previous episode!! And that ep wasn't bad animated, it had bad character model/artstyle in a few places, that's it, also Eren waking up like that, was the same in the manga
Jun 16, 2019 11:22 AM

Jun 2016
Anyone where to watch this episode.

Jun 16, 2019 11:24 AM

Jul 2012
bakuramariks said:

And of course the manga version of those scenes will be better. I love the moments of Zeke's betrayal way more in the manga than in the anime, especially when he just stared at his parents with those cold, piercing eyes after pointing at them. The manga provides you with more time to dive deeper into the pages and the atmosphere.
Overall i loved it. Just seeing Gross ready to puch Grisha off the wall and his cries was best in anime form, tho. It squeezed my heart.

Like, I agree that the manga was a bit better with the tension in those scenes, but not by any larger margin as to say "way more" imo. Had they made one chapter per episode, the pacing may have had fallen flat, compared to the fluidity in transitions we've somehow gotten in here, with this quite packed amount of significant content.

The atmosphere was executed better here and there in the mango since it would take you much more time to read through and appreciate the slow tension-building, but I don't really think this is in any way behind in overall execution and presentation. In fact, I'm in awe that this adaptation even managed to pull the feat of adapting this much well two of the heaviest chapters in the whole manga to read through, in a single episode tbh

Gotta say I'm really looking forward on how chapter 89's big moment will play out, because that one is the one moment I really hope to be delivered perfectly <3
Jun 16, 2019 11:28 AM
Dec 2016
SheevPalpatine said:

3/5

You're definitely talking out of your ass.
Jun 16, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
SheevPalpatine said:

Excuse me, but I'll have to ask.

What part of this episode you found to be badly directed or executed? Even the more abrupt transitions (even those were pretty smooth actually, just a nitpick of mine given the faster pacing) were still handled really well within the speed the episode went with the content. And the execution, besides losing some impact of some of the manga shots such as the betrayal scene ones, was nearly perfect overall, and managed to fit every single major element in 20 minutes without much sweat. If anything, this was the better infodumpy episode and one of the better executed episodes this series could have gotten thus far. Can you be a bit more specific, because I really disagree on that one.

This was the the most poorly animated AoT episode ever.

Also, about the animation, it was animated and detailed really well, it just happened to have much more still-shots and quieter scenes for being an exposition heavy episode, as well as a dialogue heavy one. Calling it badly animated is incorrect, you could call it less animated than most of the other episodes however. Doesn't make it any worse or better though, that's just the nature of this segment.

Jun 16, 2019 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
Doesn't seem like they cut anything out, but it does look like the episode was outsourced again
Jun 16, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2016
Edylson said:
SheevPalpatine said:

3/5

I have a feeling that people don't know what animation is nowadays, the fact that you used the word "Budget" is a proof of that, people said the exact same thing for previous episode!! And that ep wasn't bad animated, it had bad character model/artstyle in a few places, that's it, also Eren waking up like that, was the same in the manga

Then would you mind explain me what is animation nowadays, if it is not related to the budget?

I know the waking up is the same in the manga. But manga and anime are not the same type of media. In manga you watch static pictures and read texts. In anime, you see "moving drawings" and hear text and hear the music.
During reading it wasn't felt out of place, because reading is very different than watching.

So it is not an excuse for the anime's mistakes that "it was in the manga too". Sometimes an anime adaptation have to handle things and scenes differently
-
Jun 16, 2019 11:50 AM

May 2016
CoeFuiger said:
SheevPalpatine said:

3/5

Thank you very much for this highly intellectual response!

Because of fans like you many people consider the typical AoT fans as blind fanboys, and the AoT fandom as one of the most toxic fandoms. Congratulations!

I've just said a bad word about your favourite show and you instantly insulted me. I've never said a bad word about you.
-
Jun 16, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2012
SheevPalpatine said:
CoeFuiger said:

Because of fans like you many people consider the typical AoT fans as blind fanboys, and the AoT fandom as one of the most toxic fandoms. Congratulations!

I've just said a bad word about your favourite show and you instantly insulted me. I've never said a bad word about you.

Nah, most of the Shingeki fans are pretty chill and discuss well enough.
I won't assume anything, but does make it sounds like you were hoping for a reply like this to generalize this series fandom as being toxic like you want it to be considered as.

There will be two or three of these around here that I've seen in the past discussions, but if that's the case, nice try anyway. Won't change the quality of the content, and won't change the fact you are doing just as bad adhominem-ing the other viewers/readers as such, it's quite a bit hypocritical in fact.

Jun 16, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2017
SheevPalpatine said:
Edylson said:

Then would you mind explain me what is animation nowadays, if it is not related to the budget?

I know the waking up is the same in the manga. But manga and anime are not the same type of media. In manga you watch static pictures and read texts. In anime, you see "moving drawings" and hear text and hear the music.
During reading it wasn't felt out of place, because reading is very different than watching.

So it is not an excuse for the anime's mistakes that "it was in the manga too". Sometimes an anime adaptation have to handle things and scenes differently

In order to have good animation you need a good schedule, majority of the anime have an average budget, Season 1 of OPM had the same budget of any generic looking anime, it was the talented people and a lot of pre production time!! Kyoto Animation which is a studio know for amazing good looking series, they don't pour a lot of money to their projects, cuz unlike other studios they don't work in deadlines and they only launched their shows when is close to finished, its not that budget is insignificant, but is definitely not the main aspect!!

Back to Aot, you speak of bad animation, but you're example was a...transition scene??! Hmm, can you show a GIF of a scene that there wasn't any fluidity on it??! That the movement was jarring??! Anything that has actual animation and not a "I wished they transitioned a scene like this otherwise the episode is awful" mentality
Jun 16, 2019 12:03 PM
Apr 2019
whenever I come in an episode discussion there always a fight. Like one man said something and the whole discussion chat is covered by those who against it.
Jun 16, 2019 12:10 PM

May 2017
Damn, this series gets better and better.
Jun 16, 2019 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
Honetly, they really rushed the pace in this episode. I feel like they should just adapt one chapter, since it's so much infodump.
Jun 16, 2019 12:18 PM
May 2017
NakolHira said:
whenever I come in an episode discussion there always a fight. Like one man said something and the whole discussion chat is covered by those who against it.

As expected of manga readers, you're exactly right!!
Jun 16, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Very obvious that this episode was rushed with a messy presentation, but as just saying slight words about it will mean fans attacking such posts.

SheevPalpatine said:
CoeFuiger said:

Just don't bother quoting these posts. I have seen SnK forums and it has been like this ever since episode 1. Heck, someone just brought out flight crash miracle statistics few episodes ago out of desperation lol for the valid criticisms. Just move on, lots of posts will be like this "stop watching anime because of hating on snk". No wonder the fanbase has such notorious reputation everywhere.

About the episode, very interested to see how people will react to next episode's reveals. ~

NakolHira said:

I know right, if only the fans were more open-minded about such criticisms(or even just plain ignore them if they are unjustified).
removed-userJun 16, 2019 12:33 PM
Jun 16, 2019 12:41 PM
May 2017
Digitalexile said:
Very obvious that this episode was rushed with a messy presentation, but as just saying slight words about it will mean fans attacking such posts.

SheevPalpatine said:

Just don't bother quoting these posts. I have seen SnK forums and it has been like this ever since episode 1. Heck, someone just brought out flight crash miracle statistics few episodes ago out of desperation lol for the valid criticisms. Just move on, lots of posts will be like this "stop watching anime because of hating on snk". No wonder the fanbase has such notorious reputation everywhere.

About the episode, very interested to see how people will react to next episode's reveals. ~

NakolHira said:

I know right, if only the fans were more open-minded about such criticisms(or even just plain ignore them if they are unjustified).

Well you can say this to any fandom: MHA, jojo's, Gintama, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, etc!! The reactions will be the same, there's nothing wrong about people defending what they like, of course its a matter of how you do it, as far as the Aot fanbase goes, its not as horrible as the S1 era, but its definitely not great either, altough to me its kinda hilarious seeing people insult each other for no reason, especially here in MAL!!
Jun 16, 2019 1:14 PM
Jun 2016
The production is really at it's limit. It's sad how the animation quality and fluidity in aot always crumbles at some point, but the same doesn't seem to happen with other anime by WIT studios. Changing studios might be a good thing if the next has a more responsible and human schedule.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Apr 2016
hui, alot of Info this episode. hard to handle for me.

Am i right, Grishas first wife kills his second wife?

It looks like the next episode will also tell Grishas story. I hope we will find out how he got inside the walls.
Jun 16, 2019 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
Digitalexile said:

I have seen SnK forums and it has been like this ever since episode 1. Heck, someone just brought out flight crash miracle statistics few episodes ago out of desperation lol for the valid criticisms. Just move on, lots of posts will be like this "stop watching anime because of hating on snk". No wonder the fanbase has such notorious reputation everywhere.

I will directly quote my post above since it seemingly seems to apply pretty well to yours as well.

I won't assume anything, but does make it sounds like you were hoping for a reply like this to generalize this series fandom as being toxic like you want it to be considered as.

There will be two or three of these around here that I've seen in the past discussions, but if that's the case, nice try anyway. Won't change the quality of the content, and won't change the fact you are doing just as bad adhominem-ing the other viewers/readers as such, it's quite a bit hypocritical in fact.

Other than that, during that discussion, you also couldn't really say anything other than "look at how stupid this documented real life comparison in terms of realism", even though the points were quite valid indeed and that people actually survived much worse in far more ridiculous conditions.

Even if it was the case for Armin surviving for some hours intead of minutes or so, it would still not be incoherent by any means given all of the evidence the other users provided, whether you yourself accept them or not (which you didn't, and now you are trying to pass them by as bullshit to be laughed at, even though you couldn't counterargument by any means, which is kinda sad to see).

Adding to that, there are some issue I have with some of your other statements as well.

Digitalexile said:

NakolHira said:

If people were to criticize a series you appreciate, aren't you completely free to address said criticism with a counterargument?

Why exactly would they simply ignore such hypothetically "unjustified" statements, when they are in a discussion forum precisely to debate the quality of the episode per se?

If anything, proving arguments right or wrong is what will balance the overall consensus of the series as a whole in the eyes of said viewers (thus directly influencing the review of many others), which is of course this site's main objective, as flawed as the system may be in the eyes of many, if you ask me.

Digitalexile said:

I mean, you yourself don't seem to especify anything that would serve as proof of your "so very obvious" objective argument. Please go for it, let's see what you have to say to justify your point as been this incontestable, by all means.

It's kinda funny. For someone being so defensive about someone saying "people pulled arguments out of their asses", your argument seem quite unidimensional and underdeveloped in terms of constructive criticism, instead choosing to attack other users as means to validate whatever point you are trying to make.
DanpmssJun 16, 2019 1:47 PM
Jun 16, 2019 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
Danpmss said:
Digitalexile said:

I have seen SnK forums and it has been like this ever since episode 1. Heck, someone just brought out flight crash miracle statistics few episodes ago out of desperation lol for the valid criticisms. Just move on, lots of posts will be like this "stop watching anime because of hating on snk". No wonder the fanbase has such notorious reputation everywhere.

I will directly quote my post above since it seemingly seems to apply pretty well to yours as well.

Other than that, during that discussion, you also couldn't really say anything other than "look at how stupid this documented real life comparison in terms of realism", even though the points were quite valid indeed and that people actually survived much worse in far more ridiculous conditions.

Even if it was the case for Armin surviving for some hours intead of minutes or so, it would still not be incoherent by any means given all of the evidence the other users provided, whether you yourself accept them or not (which you didn't, and now you are trying to pass them by as bullshit to be laughed at, even though you couldn't counterargument by any means, which is kinda sad to see).

It's hilarious to see your salty post, because I didn't even participate in that discussion and you are randomly attacking someone again. Even if I have valid points about that, have no intention argue after seeing deluded posts like this. ~
Jun 16, 2019 1:51 PM
Mar 2016
Attack on Titan is my top favorite both the manga and the anime, and with this episode being good, I'd still like to express how sad I am about the rush!

Knowing that it's amazing and mind blowing without a doubt, and I'm so excited to watch people's reactions to it :)

Still they just rushed too much content in one episode although they could've included some in "The Basement" episode!

These reveals need to be revealed without a rush so that people could understand what's going on and absorb everything and spend some time thinking about these mind blowing reveals!

To get the feelings out of each single scene and reveal, it should be paced carefully taking into consideration how much a human's brain can process and feel at a certain amount of time.

For example, Faye's death should've been more impactful, rather than being censored a bit and rushed to the point you wouldn't notice when Grisha said "she was found dead on the river", because he said it quick and they jumped fast to the next scene.

Grisha's voice wasn't really.. with respect, but... not that passionate, or maybe it's because I'm expecting something more than I get so I'm feeling disappointed?
Jun 16, 2019 1:53 PM
Dec 2017
Why do people still think Ymir Fritz is the same as Ymir smh. They are different people and Ymir only had the same name as Ymir Fritz coincidentally and due to that became a cult figurehead as Ymir was the name of the Original Titan and Mother of Eldia
Jun 16, 2019 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
Digitalexile said:
Danpmss said:

It's hilarious to see your salty post, because I didn't even participate in that discussion and you are randomly attacking someone again. Even if I have valid points about that, won't argue with deluded posts like this. ~

Salty you say, I'm just wordy tbh. And like to discuss fairly.

But it's that so. Well, indeed I searched in your forum posts and it seems that you really did not commented on those threads, I must be mistaking you for some other user that used quite similar words. And for that I apologize.

It doesn't really invalidate any of my points regarding your comments in here however (even the ones regarding Armin from the other episode, since you are agreeing with those points, that just means the argument still is as valid as it was claimed to be, and nobody of which you may or may not have gotten the idea of ridiculizing the valid points as being bullshit from is safe from my own critique).

So yeah, calling my post deluded just because I mistook you for another individual that used that very same argument as you won't do you any good. Nor will negate my post.
Jun 16, 2019 1:56 PM
Dec 2017
ShaDanDan said:
Attack on Titan is my top favorite both the manga and the anime, and with this episode being good, I'd still like to express how sad I am about the rush!

Knowing that it's amazing and mind blowing without a doubt, and I'm so excited to watch people's reactions to it :)

Still they just rushed too much content in one episode although they could've included some in "The Basement" episode!

These reveals need to be revealed without a rush so that people could understand what's going on and absorb everything and spend some time thinking about these mind blowing reveals!

To get the feelings out of each single scene and reveal, it should be paced carefully taking into consideration how much a human's brain can process and feel at a certain amount of time.

For example, Faye's death should've been more impactful, rather than being censored a bit and rushed to the point you wouldn't notice when Grisha said "she was found dead on the river", because he said it quick and they jumped fast to the next scene.

Grisha's voice wasn't really.. with respect, but... not that passionate, or maybe it's because I'm expecting something more than I get so I'm feeling disappointed?

It was animated in the same way it was drawn. She was implied to have been eaten by dogs. Isayama aims to make the readers use their mind to paint a picture of her death on how she was eaten to highlight how Marleyans treat Eldians.
Jun 16, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2012
ShaDanDan said:
I'd still like to express how sad I am about the rush!

Hm, there wasn't anything really rushed in the content, especially if you compare side by side with the manga. The worst you could say about it is that they didn't stayed for too long in some scenes that could have been a bit more impactful if they were a bit slower. Fast pacing may tone down the atmosphere of some scenes, but that isn't what "rushed content" would mean, from what I know.

Season 3 part 1 was rushed at some points, for example, and as a consequence of that, it had to leave out even some significant character development for an important character out of the table. A thing this season didn't do, instead maintaining everything inside but quicker than one taking their time to read walls and walls of text would do.

Anyway, this episode may have been very packed with info (and they did include everything), but that doesn't necessarily mean that the viewers' brains somehow won't be able to process all at once, to be honest.

You yourself understood it well enough (being a manga reader or not, anyway), don't underestimate the human brain of an attentive viewer there now, fellow user haha

DanpmssJun 16, 2019 2:25 PM
Jun 16, 2019 3:00 PM

Apr 2009
Ouch, that felt a bit rushed, but they did give lots of brand new information, so I guess it couldn't have been avoided (well...it could've, but it would've meant more waiting for all that knowledge, so it's all good for me xd)
Anyway, I can't understand why this reveal is so polarizing, as some manga readers kept saying - is it really such a bad answer to the many questions we've had so far? I think the whole Erdia vs Mare conflict and propaganda adds complexity and another dimension to the world already established, lifts a curtain - or maybe even show that there has been a curtain all along :p
I'm wondering if Grisha really lost his memory after all that, and what his goal was. Was it to use Eren to overthrow the king and help the Erdians on the continent, or was it just to use Eren to fight titans without remembering where they came from? I don't yet understand all the political implications.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 16, 2019 3:20 PM
Apr 2019
Cenedess said:
Ouch, that felt a bit rushed, but they did give lots of brand new information, so I guess it couldn't have been avoided (well...it could've, but it would've meant more waiting for all that knowledge, so it's all good for me xd)
Anyway, I can't understand why this reveal is so polarizing, as some manga readers kept saying - is it really such a bad answer to the many questions we've had so far? I think the whole Erdia vs Mare conflict and propaganda adds complexity and another dimension to the world already established, lifts a curtain - or maybe even show that there has been a curtain all along :p
I'm wondering if Grisha really lost his memory after all that, and what his goal was. Was it to use Eren to overthrow the king and help the Erdians on the continent, or was it just to use Eren to fight titans without remembering where they came from? I don't yet understand all the political implications.

Some manga readers just didnt like that the show lost the dystopia feeling, i have read that some of them even feel cheated about the genre change.They have the right for it though, from now on they no longer fight against titans
Jun 16, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2018
Fuckin loved this episode. The reveals were insane, I even recognised that one titan at the end for killing Mina in 1x5. 5/5 of course, can't wait for more.
Jun 16, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2017
There is a lot of revelation!

Jun 16, 2019 3:45 PM
May 2019
mrbull3tproof said:
Felt a bit rushed and lacked in animation but still great.
Really??? This episode is the best quality so far(s1/s2 quality)
Jun 16, 2019 3:46 PM

Aug 2012
Cenedess said:

He didnt want to make the same mistakes he did with zeke. Forcing his son with his own ideologies. Thats basically the first part of the episode.
He decided that Eren would grow free and he let him develop his own ideals.
The moment Eren decided he wanted to be part of the Survey Corps, Grisha understood that Eren was ready to learn the truth about the world. Unfortunately colossal titan appeared and all that stuff...
Jun 16, 2019 3:49 PM
May 2019
Tsarko said:
Episode felt fast. Don't think padding last episode was a good idea. There's a lot of info to process in this episode, so it would have benefited quite a lot with a slower pace. Still really good episode tho.

Anyway, we learn more about the outside world and the lore and early parts of Grisha's life. He really did fuck up with Zeke like his father did with him, but unfortunately he realized late.

And poor Eren having to witness all that stuff first hand. It must take a toll on him.

If this episode splited into 2. The cutting point will awkward/impactless.they had made the best decision. 2 episode remaining.
Jun 16, 2019 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
Is it me or is each ep getting more and more hype?

If this season ends without s4 announced I will actually pick up the manga. 6 years I managed to avoid that ..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 16, 2019 4:02 PM
Oct 2018
Mikasa is HOT with that look!
Jun 16, 2019 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
so they the start the episode after a credit scene that happened in the previous episode, which many people missed... excelente move, wit!

and once again the amazing wit studio decides to cut important parts (thank god its their last season) because they were out of time.

here for anime only interested in knowing what they cut in this episode

what warriors are

torture cut scene

Jun 16, 2019 4:29 PM
May 2016
Funseco said:
so they the start the episode after a credit scene that happened in the previous episode, which many people missed... excelente move, wit!

and once again the amazing wit studio decides to cut important parts (thank god its their last season) because they were out of time.

what warriors are

torture cut scene

watch again, they didn't cut the torture scene.
Jun 16, 2019 4:35 PM
Nov 2017
I was so engrossed in this episode that I didn't realise time had passed at all. When they cut to the "to be continued", I nearly flipped. XD
Jun 16, 2019 4:44 PM

Aug 2012
Modernoir said:

they cut it and showed it as flashback. in the manga it wasnt a flashback
we didnt get grisha inner monologue on the boat. we didnt get the marley perspective on how bad things would have been if the eldian restorationist suceeded.
in the anime kruger was already inside the torture room. in the manga he is outside and only enters the room to ask if grisha said anything about the owl identity. That scene alone shows kruger superior rank position and why the "information" didnt leaked outside.
In the anime they made kruger look like Hannes your casual lazy soldier

The point of shingeki no kyojin is to show both sides (grey morality)
How can they do it when they cut the 2 times they show marley perspective as in the torture scene and that guy speaking about the warriors and how they are so "gentle" to even give eldians a title of honorary marleyans?
Jun 16, 2019 4:48 PM
May 2019
Cant wait to see how many people notice that the humans turned into titans were all titans we saw during the battle of trost.
Jun 16, 2019 4:56 PM
May 2019
Funseco said:
Modernoir said:

we didnt get grisha inner monologue on the boat. we didnt get the marley perspective on how bad things would have been if the eldian restorationist suceeded.
in the anime kruger was already inside the torture room. in the manga he is outside and only enters the room to ask if grisha said anything about the owl identity. That scene alone shows kruger superior rank position and why the "information" didnt leaked outside.

How can they do it when they cut the 2 times they show marley perspective as in the torture scene and that guy speaking about the warriors and how they are so "gentle" to even give eldians a title of honorary marleyans?

Complaining about something being a flashback, in a flashback segment, seems really nitpicky.
Jun 16, 2019 4:57 PM

Sep 2018
SheevPalpatine said:

3/5
HAHAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE MAN
I keep moving forward
Jun 16, 2019 5:00 PM

Sep 2018
Funseco said:
Modernoir said:

It's the japanese television, what do you want? They can't show that in television, they can't show how they torture a person and cut his fingers or how some dogs kill a little girl, welcome to Japan and the world television rules
I keep moving forward
Jun 16, 2019 5:03 PM

Jun 2014
Another censored episode, it seems the studio is no longer able to assume the violence of the manga they are adapting
Jun 16, 2019 5:08 PM

May 2016
WarFirel said:
SheevPalpatine said:

3/5
HAHAHAHAHAHA NICE JOKE MAN

I love these highly intelligent responses from butthurt fanboys.
-
Jun 16, 2019 5:11 PM
Jun 2019
WarFirel said:
Funseco said:

It's the japanese television, what do you want? They can't show that in television, they can't show how they torture a person and cut his fingers or how some dogs kill a little girl, welcome to Japan and the world television rules
but I see that kimetsu no yaiba has no sensors at all, why lately AOT has been much censorship, it's disappointing
Jun 16, 2019 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
This is the second best episode for me this season, only episode 5 tops this. I'm less interested in manga readers reaction and is more interested in what anime only thinks of this episode. Because when persons read the source material they will always nitpick.
Jun 16, 2019 5:28 PM

Mar 2008
Funseco said:

what warriors are

torture cut scene

I only agree with the scene with Kruger, because it would show what he had to endure as a spy (even though it's already implied). But seeing the importance of his role on the story, it felt wrong to diminish his scenes...

The rest of the scenes, frankly, it's just heavy exposition and it works fine how they did on the anime. Showing the torture scene as a flashback is just for more dramatical effect and doesn't ruin it or anything.

Jun 16, 2019 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
This reminds me so much of modern day America with it's liberal White guilt.
"Oh yes, our ancestors were evil so now we should accept being treated like shit by the ones our ancestors oppressed to atone for their sins"
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.