Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Nov 24, 2018 8:24 AM

Oct 2018
Shinmurai-kuN said:
L_o_l_i said:
If you took the time to read the comments you'd get why it's so important not just to me but other people that go through this phase. judge all you want hence I'm tired of you haunding me down every thread I make. I can't believe you weren't ignored yet for your stupidity trying to emply at the very end that you don't mean to offend and expect me to be delusional when clearly if ya kept reading the threads you'd get that this kind of thing does happen. I can't stand people that assume just like you. Grow up kiddo adios.
Ps: Props to @Gan_water for calling you out on your foolishness.

You're just feeding that person. It doesn't matter what you say, they need one thing - you wasting your time on them and they've won because you just now wasted your time on them when they keep abusing you.

I'm not here to tell you what to do , but if someone tells you that "you are a flyer, not a book", you should forget about their existence. In real life it's not as easy but here it is.
P.S. Just looking at that person's avatar makes it easy to figure out who they are - a meme-loving troll. You're only hurting yourself by spending your resources on them.
I noticed as soon as I saw that they kept haunding me around plus my friends warmed me about him. I needed to show my reason for putting him on ignore is all. Thanks for your concern Shinmurai-kuN and he's not the first.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Nov 24, 2018 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
Noboru said:
Maneki-Mew said:
That was a sarcastic song from a popular German band, where they are making fun of all of these cliches.
Thank you for coming to my aid here. I thought, I didn't have to use a smiley to mark it and could just use my "I'm just kidding" tilde, especially not with how exaggerated the video looked like. The video has translated captions (even better ones at some parts, but you have to click on the button for it), but also thanks for posting the more literal translation in text form. Though I can't recall the part after the "yeah, yeah [...]" after the "Men are cars/only without a spare tire" ("Männer sind Autos/nur ohne Reserverad") part.

I don't know / didn't check the lyrics. I took the first link with the translated lyrics and copied them. xD
Nov 24, 2018 9:37 AM

Apr 2012
op should just become a lesbian to avoid this problem
10 out of 10 experts agree

Nov 24, 2018 11:38 AM

Jan 2017
Life itself is rude. Gender does not matter. This is why I prefer watching isekai anime all the time and wish to be transported to a isekai world. I advise you to do the same.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Nov 24, 2018 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Someone, kill this thread already!
Nov 24, 2018 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
damn this thread lasted a while....
Nov 24, 2018 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
I don't know / didn't check the lyrics. I took the first link with the translated lyrics and copied them. xD
Not a problem; also noticed that they sound a bit weird; I mean
They swear they will always be true
I get that "true" is related to "treu" and can be in some cases translated like that, but in this case, it's kinda weird. Same as the expression

They want to copulate with everything.
That with three it's not in the trees.
Which doesn't really feel natural in English, besides, "bei drei" would be "at the count of three".

But I don't want to come off as rude and nitpick, so I'll leave it at that and rather thank you once again
Nov 24, 2018 1:12 PM

Aug 2018
The cool boys are into your friendzone :T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2018 2:13 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Men are up front rude asses. Like even my trusty coworker who I really love now, he was a total ass to me the first 6 months we worked together, now we're like bffs. Girls I find are fake but will talk shit behind your back. It depends on setting and how you meet. Though as a woman and men coming up to me even online knowing I'm a woman it feels like they treat me differently and that gets annoying, they feel like they deserve shit from me from the words GO.
Nov 24, 2018 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
As the thread slowly (or quickly?) spirals out of control, I open YouTube and put on a song:

I don't understand why it's so important to be offensive when arguing. I make people angry all the time (which is bad, it derails conversations), and I don't even try to be insulting.
Nov 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Sep 2018
lamawalrus said:
As the thread slowly (or quickly?) spirals out of control, I open YouTube and put on a song:

I don't understand why it's so important to be offensive when arguing. I make people angry all the time (which is bad, it derails conversations), and I don't even try to be insulting.

Great song!
Here is a wholesome meme!
Nov 24, 2018 6:06 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Because we evolved that way; natural selection rewarded those who behaved much more aggressively. Whereas women were rewarded for lots of traits opposite of that. So yes the average boy is more rude than the average girl. There's pros and cons to everything. That aggressiveness you consider rude is why men make up the vast majority of the prison population, yet it's also why the vast majority of people who've risen to the top as CEOs are men. But we've eliminated the existence of natural selection so for the rest of our time on this planet men are going act this way. Nothing anybody can really do about it though.
Nov 24, 2018 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
Noboru said:
Maneki-Mew said:
Not a problem; also noticed that they sound a bit weird; I mean
They swear they will always be true
I get that "true" is related to "treu" and can be in some cases translated like that, but in this case, it's kinda weird. Same as the expression

They want to copulate with everything.
That with three it's not in the trees.
Which doesn't really feel natural in English, besides, "bei drei" would be "at the count of three".

But I don't want to come off as rude and nitpick, so I'll leave it at that and rather thank you once again

Reading it now, the lyrics actually are a very sloppy translation. I would write "faithful", but whatever... you're welcome.

If you are reading all these people in the yt-comments and elsewhere, who take everything literally tho...
Nov 24, 2018 6:17 PM

Oct 2013

Fuck your love and peace! There's only war and malice, stop deluding yourself! We live in a hate-fueled society where only the RUDEST and ROWDIEST survive. Boys... no (((((MEN)))))), are rude, because we're survivors. Puny weaklings get left behind.
Women are objects, and as such, they're meant to be used. In hindsight, we're not rude - we're just productive.

Boom, problem solved! wham bam thank you maam.
Nov 24, 2018 6:50 PM

Mar 2008
Hansa said:
Almost all cultures and societies on Earth have developed patriarchal systems. Immediate examples that are still prevalent even today are some countries implementation of the Sharia. It is important to note that the Sharia law does not have a unified existence, and that there were examples of its implantation that did not involved actual writing directed against women but instead relied on cultural norms to continue said patriarchy.

However, today many variety's of the Sharia have enforced the standard that women can not even go outside without a relative and stringent views on articles of clothing, like the Hijab. I do not mean to be anti-Muslim by saying this, again most societies have systems like this, not just Islam. However, something that most of the systems share is that belief that women are inferior to men and that women are naturally more promiscuous than men (source for this at the end in regards to specifically Islam). I must iterate I do not believe this, merely reporting.

There is a unifying theme to most forms of sexism, women are lustful and cannot be allowed to have a social life outside of the husband. This is true even to European civilization pre-Enlightenment and required centuries to even get to the point where we are today.

So the logical question is why these two things are usually related in most societies forms of Sexism. I contend that it is because men had an inability to determine the paternity of their child until recently, and therefore sought to control women to ensure that the child would be theirs. This can be supported by the fact that many courts had systems in place that denied the women even the ability to leave certain locations and any men in contact with the concubines would be eunuchs (e.g. the Ottomans and the Qing Chinese). I will admit that I do not have a source this specific claim, and that is just speculation on my part given historical evidence. Still I think it is a rather strong argument.

Finally, to answer your question! Most cultures still have this attitude that women are something to be controlled because of the aforementioned paternity deal, and it is quite common for men to believe in such antiquated social norms simply because they were taught that is the proper thing to do. Obviously women are equal (its sad that I even have to state this) and this shouldn't be the case, but unfortunately social norms take a long time to overcome. Progress is being made, so there is that I suppose.

Have a nice one, and hope you have a better time with future relationships!

https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/blackboard.learn.xythos.prod/571910f3bd595/131892?response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%2A%3DUTF-8%27%27Feminist-Lutfi-14th%2520C.%2520Cairene%2520Women.pdf&response-content-type=application%2Fpdf&X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20181124T023625Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=21600&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIL7WQYDOOHAZJGWQ%2F20181124%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=d3eed17cc5e9155bccd478e9fd7a30f7389401a6e7f22196f7b076372b68b04e

Quite a few earlier societies were either equal or matriarchal. Some also didn't even have a nuclear family but various types of communal child raising. It's just at the time written law came into being that societies became controlling of women. You're going off outdated anthropological assumptions. See if you can watch a documentary series called The Ascent of Woman.
Nov 24, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2014
Stripes said:
Men are up front rude asses. Like even my trusty coworker who I really love now, he was a total ass to me the first 6 months we worked together, now we're like bffs. Girls I find are fake but will talk shit behind your back. It depends on setting and how you meet. Though as a woman and men coming up to me even online knowing I'm a woman it feels like they treat me differently and that gets annoying, they feel like they deserve shit from me from the words GO.

But are Guys not honest?
Honesty mostly leads to rudeness, especially in an online Enviroment.
And yh Guys do treat girls differently, I mean do you see guys being rough on girls just like they are rough with their bros?
And Yh I know the feeling of being treated differently. I sometimes feel that ppl are treating me differently (looking down) because of my autism and that irritates me.

But yh The where and how you meet others is important (a bar for example is not the best place).

Most ppl are good, but they are not nice guys.

@Kappaface saying that ppl have issues is not going to help them. What you are doin here is as pointless as virtue signaling.
BourmegarNov 24, 2018 7:12 PM
Nov 24, 2018 7:34 PM

Mar 2008
Kyotosomo said:
Because we evolved that way; natural selection rewarded those who behaved much more aggressively. Whereas women were rewarded for lots of traits opposite of that. So yes the average boy is more rude than the average girl. There's pros and cons to everything. That aggressiveness you consider rude is why men make up the vast majority of the prison population, yet it's also why the vast majority of people who've risen to the top as CEOs are men. But we've eliminated the existence of natural selection so for the rest of our time on this planet men are going act this way. Nothing anybody can really do about it though.

That's not certain
"Popular and scientific literature is still permeated with male aggression as a product of long evolution. The fact that violent aggression appears in the archeological records less than half as long ago as artistic expression should give pause to any student of human behavior. Humans are nothing like apes--chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, or orangutans which developed their mating systems independently from humans, and from each other. Chimpanzees have a promiscuous mating system, bonobos are completely hedonistic, gorillas have a harem system, and orangutans are essentially solitary. In those species, males may compete with each other, so aggression can occur. Gibbons would be a better model for human behavior because they live in nuclear families (several ages of dependant offspring living with adults for many years) and are never aggressive toward each other. Nuclear families are intimately tied to peaceful living because, once established, there is no need for aggression, except for defence of territory against outsiders. Although male aggression is a sad fact of modern society, factors other than genetic heritage should be examined to explain this."
http://www.cambriapress.com/cambriapress.cfm?template=4&bid=521

People have free will who they choose to reproduce with so no natural selection has not gone away.
Nov 24, 2018 8:30 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Bourmegar said:
Stripes said:

But are Guys not honest?
And yh Guys do treat girls differently, I mean do you see guys being rough on girls just like they are rough with their bros?
And Yh I know the feeling of being treated differently. I sometimes feel that ppl are treating me differently (looking down) because of my autism and that irritates me.

But yh The where and how you meet others is important (a bar for example is not the best place).

I mean overall gender is subjective those were just my experiences in mostly work and online environments. And yeah I think an honesty factor plays into it when you're face to face with guys but online can be up in the air. And I guess when I say "treat me different" I mean most straight guys act like they're on the fast track to dating me and getting me uncomfortable with like physical interaction; not to pigeon hole most the guys in this camp but I doubt most of them would be talking about hugging me all the time if I was their bro *eye roll*. Maybe it's the string of guys who've tried talking to me but all of these were really casually friend stuff and always led to this and it's irritating.
Nov 24, 2018 9:37 PM

Jan 2012
I am totally with you on this. I do have to say that not all boys are like that, but most of them are and it makes me really uncomfortable as well. I get so angry too. They want what they want though. So they will use manipulation to get it. There's not really much we can do about it. Just remember in future chats to not fall for their kindness right away. It could take a month or longer to really figure them out. And yes, girls can be just as bad, but I wouldn't be one of them.
Nov 24, 2018 10:12 PM

Oct 2014
" It feels like they want to control me "

that's everyone nowadays fam

Nov 25, 2018 1:34 AM
Aug 2018
I'm not a boy but you either happen to be hanging out with the wrong people or you just misunderstand them
Nov 25, 2018 2:04 AM

Oct 2018
This is an intriguing thread. Lemme butt in!

L_o_l_i said:
This thread is about personal experience and is not meant to every boy out there. Most of the boys that have talked to me pretend to be nice to me but later on just tell me that I should do things their way.

How did it come to this way? Were they your past boyfriends , close friends, or something like that?

It really makes me wonder about how people try to make others do things their way if they aren't really that close to each other. Most of the time, if others tell you what to do and you find it annoying, you just tell them upfront that you're uncomfortable with it.

But there are also those who will tell you that you try to do what they are doing to help you out (i.e. How to control anger or depression). I'm actually this kind of "pushing my ideals to other" person lol. But if they don't want to, then I stop. I just do this to people who are sharing stories and seeking advises though.

L_o_l_i said:
I've always ended up ignoring those kinds of people because I don't feel like it's right for me to just follow along to anything they tell me to do. It feels like they want to control me.

You made the right decision. As I said earlier, if you're uncomfortable talking to anyone, not just a guy, either tell it to them or just ignore them. The latter is actually rude, so I think it's better to cut off something than leave it hanging.

Should they not stop this after you telling them off, then the best choice is cut connection and ignore.

Oh, and never let anyone control you, even your parents. You are the master of your own life. Live the way you want to be and you'll never regret a single day of your life.

L_o_l_i said:
I feel like the real nice boys are the ones that let me be me. I hope I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

Nice people really are those who let you be. If I may add, a really nice person will let you be what you want to be, but is not afraid to tell to you if they find something wrong with it. Oh, and they'll be a little bit pushy with their ideals that will complement what you want to be and help you grow to be a better person.

Hope you have a good day!
Nov 25, 2018 4:12 AM

Jan 2009
Maneki-Mew said:
Reading it now, the lyrics actually are a very sloppy translation. I would write "faithful", but whatever... you're welcome.
That's the translation that was used in the video. If someone is interested in having the whole translated text in written form, I can also translate it (would just use DeepL and adjust the parts).
Also on a side note, but it seems like the last part about the "leftist" and "nazi pigs" were the background voices. I've never noticed and still can't hear it out, lol.

If you are reading all these people in the yt-comments and elsewhere, who take everything literally tho...
Ah, that's basically Poe's law in action. But aside from that: misunderstanding is one thing - keeping misunderstanding even after having been told how it was meant is another thing.

@lbngc: I agree with most things what you've written, except that there seems to be often a problem to get one's point across. For instance, it would be odd to be told by someone that they wouldn't want to talk about a specific topic but still do so and sometimes even in a seemingly good mood. Others might just tolerate behavior until they cannot do so anymore.

I believe that the biggest issues in such cases are often a failure in communication coupled with a lack of honesty.
Nov 25, 2018 5:22 AM

Oct 2018
Noboru said:
@lbngc: I agree with most things what you've written, except that there seems to be often a problem to get one's point across. For instance, it would be odd to be told by someone that they wouldn't want to talk about a specific topic but still do so and sometimes even in a seemingly good mood. Others might just tolerate behavior until they cannot do so anymore.

I believe that the biggest issues in such cases are often a failure in communication coupled with a lack of honesty.

I second this, that's why you need to have a "Go" signal first from the one you are talking to, or you two are close already, before you give them a piece of your mind.

The failure in that is communication, yes, but the biggest factor that contributes to whether it will be good or bad comms is your ability to listen. This is often overlooked, sadly.
Nov 25, 2018 6:15 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Hm I've experienced this with females also.
"Get away from -insert w/e here- you're not the right w/e for this" even when contrary to my appearance and background, I'm actually pretty good at w/e it is we have to do.
Makes me sad that people have to stick to what's within their assigned boxes.
People can be immensely shitty and stereotypical when it's convenient for them.

As for your experience: since you're already careful with whom you ally, there's no suggestions I can make regarding this issue.
Nov 25, 2018 6:29 AM

Oct 2013
L_o_l_i said:
This thread is about personal experience and is not meant to every boy out there. Most of the boys that have talked to me pretend to be nice to me but later on just tell me that I should do things their way. I've always ended up ignoring those kinds of people because I don't feel like it's right for me to just follow along to anything they tell me to do. It feels like they want to control me. I feel like the real nice boys are the ones that let me be me. I hope I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

As a dude, I've had this experience with a lot of people in general. A lot of people are just asshoes from both sides tbh/
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Nov 25, 2018 7:05 AM

Oct 2014
Stripes said:
Bourmegar said:

But are Guys not honest?

I mean overall gender is subjective those were just my experiences in mostly work and online environments. And yeah I think an honesty factor plays into it when you're face to face with guys but online can be up in the air. And I guess when I say "treat me different" I mean most straight guys act like they're on the fast track to dating me and getting me uncomfortable with like physical interaction; not to pigeon hole most the guys in this camp but I doubt most of them would be talking about hugging me all the time if I was their bro *eye roll*. Maybe it's the string of guys who've tried talking to me but all of these were really casually friend stuff and always led to this and it's irritating.

To me, taking the fastlane to dating will also lead to a quick and meaningless relationship.
But that is just aith young ppl. Thd older you get the more guys will not take the fastlane into dating.
I mean you cannot build a meaningfull friendship in a day/week, so why try and make a meaningfull relationship in a day/week?
That will only lead to irritations and trouble. Jusg look at how many divorces come from Young ppl marrying after they have finished highschool.

So my advice to guys who wanf a meaningfull rekationship, don't take the fast track.
Nov 25, 2018 7:52 AM

Oct 2018
lbngc said:
This is an intriguing thread. Lemme butt in!

L_o_l_i said:
This thread is about personal experience and is not meant to every boy out there. Most of the boys that have talked to me pretend to be nice to me but later on just tell me that I should do things their way.

How did it come to this way? Were they your past boyfriends , close friends, or something like that?

It really makes me wonder about how people try to make others do things their way if they aren't really that close to each other. Most of the time, if others tell you what to do and you find it annoying, you just tell them upfront that you're uncomfortable with it.

But there are also those who will tell you that you try to do what they are doing to help you out (i.e. How to control anger or depression). I'm actually this kind of "pushing my ideals to other" person lol. But if they don't want to, then I stop. I just do this to people who are sharing stories and seeking advises though.

L_o_l_i said:
I've always ended up ignoring those kinds of people because I don't feel like it's right for me to just follow along to anything they tell me to do. It feels like they want to control me.

You made the right decision. As I said earlier, if you're uncomfortable talking to anyone, not just a guy, either tell it to them or just ignore them. The latter is actually rude, so I think it's better to cut off something than leave it hanging.

Should they not stop this after you telling them off, then the best choice is cut connection and ignore.

Oh, and never let anyone control you, even your parents. You are the master of your own life. Live the way you want to be and you'll never regret a single day of your life.

L_o_l_i said:
I feel like the real nice boys are the ones that let me be me. I hope I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

Nice people really are those who let you be. If I may add, a really nice person will let you be what you want to be, but is not afraid to tell to you if they find something wrong with it. Oh, and they'll be a little bit pushy with their ideals that will complement what you want to be and help you grow to be a better person.

It was experiences with friends but wanted more out of me. I loved the sincerity in your reply thank you.. I needed it.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Nov 25, 2018 7:56 AM

Oct 2018
daAmazinFatB0y said:
L_o_l_i said:
This thread is about personal experience and is not meant to every boy out there. Most of the boys that have talked to me pretend to be nice to me but later on just tell me that I should do things their way. I've always ended up ignoring those kinds of people because I don't feel like it's right for me to just follow along to anything they tell me to do. It feels like they want to control me. I feel like the real nice boys are the ones that let me be me. I hope I'm not the only one that has had this issue.

As a dude, I've had this experience with a lot of people in general. A lot of people are just asshoes from both sides tbh/
After this thread people actually reached out to me with the pure intent to be friends. It's better to just be nice and let people be open minded about things without having that someone tell you that you're psycho and what not. Thank you for the info.

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Nov 25, 2018 9:12 AM
Aug 2017
lbngc said:

In other words, nice people are you? You might just save yourself the trouble and write your user-name instead of "nice people", that would make things easier for you to make sure that everyone knows that you're "nice".

P.S. Clue: you're not.
Nov 25, 2018 9:45 AM

Aug 2017
Even the most shy boy can be rude. It's something normal for males. You know, so are we.

Mayling said:
Boys are stupid.
Also just be clear about your own views and opinions, and if someone don't respect you tell them to fuck off

I'm not stupid...There's no place for misandry here pls.....
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 25, 2018 10:48 AM
Jan 2017
because men are trash, it's very simple
Nov 25, 2018 10:51 AM

May 2016
Nurguburu said:
Even the most shy boy can be rude. It's something normal for males. You know, so are we.

Mayling said:
Boys are stupid.
Also just be clear about your own views and opinions, and if someone don't respect you tell them to fuck off

Are you sure? I mean stupidity is not a sin - nor is being rude...and misandry is as valid an attitude as misogyny, so why supress it when you can dispute it?

Still, have to admitt, requiring respect (per Mayling) is just, REALLY stupid. Either you have the 'courage of your conviction(s)' or you do not. Demanding (or 'requiring') respect to validate them is just revealing how little confidence your place in your own ideas - basically, telling people to, 'fuck off', just undermines your own position because you are basically admitting your position cannot standup to criticism. Rather silly, don't you think?

As for 'why are boys rude'? It's (more or less) because the current social conditions for boys (in most societies) are such that they must actively suppress social awareness outside of the expression of group ego. I.e. boys are conditioned to conform in a way that is aggressive, authoritive and simplistic - the antithesis of etiquette. Example of this can be seen in the games directed at boys (football, rugby, Call of Duty), their toys (soldiers, cowboys, pirates) and comics (super heroes).

Boys are kids (i.e. they are below the age of 24) and all kids are obnoxious, easily manipulated and stupid - is it little wonder they are rude when they are essentially preconditioned to be so?
Nov 25, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2018
i like the amount of ALTs created just for this thread to spread misandry even though the OP original writing has nothing to with it

but to answer OP, there is a stereotype, every stereotype has some truth to it, it just happen that that amount of truth was unusually more present for you
Nov 25, 2018 11:00 AM

Jan 2009
lbngc said:
I second this, that's why you need to have a "Go" signal first from the one you are talking to, or you two are close already, before you give them a piece of your mind.
I concur. The problem here is that both the "Go" signal and the closeness can be interpreted differently. Wasn't it found that males tend to overestimate how much their female friends/conversational partners like them and that females would much rather underestimate how much their male counterparts would feel for them?

The failure in that is communication, yes, but the biggest factor that contributes to whether it will be good or bad comms is your ability to listen. This is often overlooked, sadly.
Receptiveness to the sender is certainly a good trait to have, but it has to be mutual. It's not worth imho if only one person complains about their whole life and the other one only listens and maybe reacts here and there to show sympathy.

Another aspect is that while listening is fine and dandy, the sender can do their best in order to facilitate reception for the receiver. Instead of going on an elaborate rant about all kinds of topics every time, the sender should step back and change roles with the receiver. At exactly this point is where written communications might fail, since they won't have the same dynamics as spoken conversations.
Nov 25, 2018 11:21 AM

Mar 2018
Jaarin said:
Nurguburu said:

Are you sure? I mean stupidity is not a sin - nor is being rude...and misandry is as valid an attitude as misogyny, so why supress it when you can dispute it?

Still, have to admitt, requiring respect (per Mayling) is just, REALLY stupid. Either you have the 'courage of your conviction(s)' or you do not. Demanding (or 'requiring') respect to validate them is just revealing how little confidence your place in your own ideas - basically, telling people to, 'fuck off', just undermines your own position because you are basically admitting your position cannot standup to criticism. Rather silly, don't you think?

As for 'why are boys rude'? It's (more or less) because the current social conditions for boys (in most societies) are such that they must actively suppress social awareness outside of the expression of group ego. I.e. boys are conditioned to conform in a way that is aggressive, authoritive and simplistic - the antithesis of etiquette. Example of this can be seen in the games directed at boys (football, rugby, Call of Duty), their toys (soldiers, cowboys, pirates) and comics (super heroes).

Boys are kids (i.e. they are below the age of 24) and all kids are obnoxious, easily manipulated and stupid - is it little wonder they are rude when they are essentially preconditioned to be so?

as someone below the age of 24, reading this was just......like, what?

don't know what's your pseudo science for determining what is a kid or not, but if i had to take a guess, it would probably be the age where a person completes their development

and thing is, lad, there is no a set in stone age for that, it's variant, but mostly happens after 20+,

so if i were to rephrase it for you, would someone 20+ be better than 20-?, of course not, that's ageism, and has no basis for it, it's a case by case thing, not something you generalize by ages of others

anyone grown up enough has to be responsible for themselves, and others, those who are not, are called amateurs, *amateurs* come in all ages, but it just happen that most come young rather than ,say, old

Kids are obnoxious because they are kids, but 16+ are not kids, hence the term < teen

Stupidity is harmful attribute to its owner, whether that's a sin or not, is up for you to decide

you don't have to be rude to do something, there are alternatives to it, and this where things go wrong for you

to write it sensibly, be it, misogyny, misandry, or misanthropy, are all mean the same thing, a hate for the Quality of being a human and its sub-types

don't like being a human?, leave it and others. don't want to?, you are a hypocrite then

but the thing is, respect for being a male is a valid as the respect for being a female, and to that is to respect the qualities/attributes of said feature

which is fine, but you confusing it with *personal attributes/qualities* is not

while i like the idea of a future where a *male stereotype* doesn't exist and agree that most societies have this male stereotype and female as well, it shouldn't be used to generalize all males as there are exceptions to it

but in short, it's fine if you don't like rude males, stay away for them, look for no rude males as i'm sure they are there, and no, not all males are rude, that's silly.

source: me, a male, and a not rude person although a closed one to be frank

Nov 25, 2018 11:58 AM
Aug 2017
Jaarin said:
Nurguburu said:

"current social conditions"
then proceeds to talk about toys and games

mate, boys played with "boyish" toys since ancient times. Gender roles have nothing to do with guys being rude. It's about them seeing the world through "mine is longer" glasses and that's also where the racism comes from. Check out the "manly" bodybuilding forums, you will be surprised.
Human thinking is quite easy to figure out.

Also your ageism and hateful comments against kids were reported.
Nov 25, 2018 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Most boys aren't really affectionate with their male friends, or at least less affectionate than female friends. This results in males thinking that a female may be flirting with them because of their more affectionate nature when in reality it is actually just the female behaving normally. Because of this, males tend to act and behave nicer, just as anyone would do when they are trying to get to know a person more. However, once a guy really does get to know you, they will more often than not revert back to their original behaviour, which could seem strange and unaffectionate to the girl who had a completely different image of this guy for so long.

So maybe you are mistaking these guys playing nice for a girl and then turning into dicks when in reality that's just their normal personality.

But really, could you just have been talking with the wrong people? We can all be rude at points but the way you have put it makes it sound like every boy you have met has trampled over your heart and caused great offence to you.
Nov 25, 2018 12:13 PM

May 2016
Shinmurai-kuN said:
Check out the "manly" bodybuilding forums, you will be surprised.

Oh, I'm not surprised - I just don't tend to conflate machismo with andros.

Shinmurai-kuN said:

I direct you to my opening remarks for the irony of my comments to sink in. In case it was lost, the nuance was that being a kid is not a sin, so why blame a kid (boy or girl) for exhibiting those traits we commonly consider to be 'childish'?

Nov 25, 2018 12:17 PM
Aug 2017
changelog said:
Most boys aren't really affectionate with their male friends, or at least less affectionate than female friends. This results in males thinking that a female may be flirting with them because of their more affectionate nature when in reality it is actually just the female behaving normally. Because of this, males tend to act and behave nicer, just as anyone would do when they are trying to get to know a person more. However, once a guy really does get to know you, they will more often than not revert back to their original behaviour, which could seem strange and unaffectionate to the girl who had a completely different image of this guy for so long.

So maybe you are mistaking these guys playing nice for a girl and then turning into dicks when in reality that's just their normal personality.

But really, could you just have been talking with the wrong people? We can all be rude at points but the way you have put it makes it sound like every boy you have met has trampled over your heart and caused great offence to you.

In other words, guys lie and pretend to be good guys until they get girls' thrust and make them attached. Pretty much why guys prefer younger girls - since they are younger, they are easier to tie.

Sounds about right.
It's just that you try to make them look better than they are.

And yeah, if you didn't know guys love causing great offense. Dominance and everything.
Nov 25, 2018 12:19 PM
Aug 2017
Jaarin said:
Shinmurai-kuN said:
Check out the "manly" bodybuilding forums, you will be surprised.

Oh, I'm not surprised - I just don't tend to conflate machismo with andros.

Shinmurai-kuN said:

I direct you to my opening remarks for the irony of my comments to sink in. In case it was lost, the nuance was that being a kid is not a sin, so why blame a kid (boy or girl) for exhibiting those traits we commonly consider to be 'childish'?

Water, water, water. You're just a sad troll who read too much of "psychological articles" on the Internet.

Direct me all day long, I have already said what I wanted to say. I'm just very sorry for the children that might be in contact with your sad being. Couldn't dominate other men, so decided to get it off on children? Sounds about right.
Nov 25, 2018 12:33 PM

Oct 2018
Noboru said:
lbngc said:
I concur. The problem here is that both the "Go" signal and the closeness can be interpreted differently. Wasn't it found that males tend to overestimate how much their female friends/conversational partners like them and that females would much rather underestimate how much their male counterparts would feel for them?

I can't deny that fact. But that's actually just an assumed relationship. What the closeness I mean is that both parties are aware that they are a little step ahead of just being acquaintances. That way, there's no need to be that careful with one another.

I agree that most of the time, males feel that they are closer to their female friends already when they manage to make them laugh, and the ladies tend to see that a guy trying to talk to them are just after intimacy. As I noticed, males assumes too much and females assumes too less.

Noboru said:

Receptiveness to the sender is certainly a good trait to have, but it has to be mutual. It's not worth imho if only one person complains about their whole life and the other one only listens and maybe reacts here and there to show sympathy.

Another aspect is that while listening is fine and dandy, the sender can do their best in order to facilitate reception for the receiver. Instead of going on an elaborate rant about all kinds of topics every time, the sender should step back and change roles with the receiver. At exactly this point is where written communications might fail, since they won't have the same dynamics as spoken conversations.

Spot on, buddy! But as it is now, mutual receptiveness is really rare. I've been doing that one-way listening with several people, and I must say that it really is hard to deal with. And since I'm the type who shows empathy instead of sympathy, I sometimes get on the nerves of someone I talk with.

There are some cases that it's alright for someone to be the only one sharing his thoughts. Like for example, you listen first, then ask questions when they want your response. That way, even if you're not actually the one speaking your thoughts, you still keep the conversation alive. There are a lot of ways a convo can go, but as you said, it has to be both sides trying to keep it going to make the most out of it.

And in written comms, it is best that you lay down everything you want to say, to prevent misunderstandings. And it's more complicated than spoken one, since you gotta mind your tone 'coz nowadays people get triggered of almost everything.

And this here is an example of a good convo! We're actually quite getting derailed from the main topic at hand so I think we should stop here. It's nice to have an exchange of thought with you though.
Nov 25, 2018 2:13 PM

Mar 2008
Hansa said:
traed said:

Quite a few earlier societies were either equal or matriarchal. Some also didn't even have a nuclear family but various types of communal child raising. It's just at the time written law came into being that societies became controlling of women. You're going off outdated anthropological assumptions. See if you can watch a documentary series called The Ascent of Woman.

A fellow Marxist? Interesting! I used the word developed on purpose because I am of the opinion that sexism only developed as a super structure to the economic base, Comrade! That being said, there were also some societies that had female dominance or equality. They were all supplanted by Sexist ones though, so bringing said societies up (like the Iroquois) would have been largely irrelevant to modern day problems. I will try to watch the documentary, however, as it may prove me wrong. Thanks for giving it!

I don't prescribe to a specific ideology. Unfortunately sociology, psychology and economics aren't really properly scientific so that would be difficult to conclusively prove.

To be clear I only saw one episode of it before but early history was covered in it so I am not sure what is covered in other episodes.
Nov 25, 2018 4:14 PM

Jan 2015
No nice people in this world it's all acting out of self interest

ur opinion = shit
Nov 25, 2018 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
this is very rude of u to ask such a gender specific question in 2018
Nov 25, 2018 7:08 PM

Mar 2015
ezlord said:
No nice people in this world it's all acting out of self interest
who hurt u sweetie. ii am nice af dude
Nov 25, 2018 7:39 PM

Mar 2008
Hansa said:
traed said:

I don't prescribe to a specific ideology. Unfortunately sociology, psychology and economics aren't really properly scientific so that would be difficult to conclusively prove.

To be clear I only saw one episode of it before but early history was covered in it so I am not sure what is covered in other episodes.

Isn't science's most useful trait is its predictive power rather than its ability to prove things? Scholars like Popper stress the importance that science is tested for instances where things turn out false because of this. Under Popper's generally accepted definition, science doesn't prove anything, it merely finds things that aren't false. Semantics, I know. I agree that the social sciences in general aren't as reliable as the sciences, but they still have large predictive power. For example, Markets work pretty well in both theory and practice. However, the social sciences tend to have an overzealous approach in my opinion. Some Liberals try to explain the world in purely rational choice, which while interesting to read about doesn't work in material. This trend continues for most theories.

I'd recommend not prescribing to a single ideology, as it unnecessarily hampers reading. When one is a Communist before they start reading they are actively looking for evidence to prove a claim that may not be true. This manifests in ignoring counter-points and cherry-picking small points to match a larger theory.

Admittedly this makes it hard to have any political ideology, as it would require knowing absolutely everything before making a decision. So I wouldn't take it that far, just be aware that the writer may be wrong or right.

If you are not interested in the social sciences, I think there is no reason to feel ashamed for not watching all the episodes of a documentary. If it isn't your thing, it isn't your thing. Plus, documentaries are rarely accurate as they tend to be biased.

Humans are too complex to accurately predict and there isn't really a way to make a control group of people completely isolated from society and the environment. You can only look for probability in statistics at most.

Not ashamed. I just had only had chance to watch the one so had to disclose possible missing information. I like ancient history and anthropology and psychology and the like.
Nov 25, 2018 7:55 PM

Jun 2015
You're talking to the wrong boys...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2018 10:48 PM
Nov 2018
Nice post...nerd. Gottem. I'm a guy btw.
Nov 25, 2018 11:22 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Too much GTA, Fortnite, and Mortal Kombat
張大です for 張大勇督察
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
19 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

26 by Meusnier »»
25 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

71 by Meusnier »»
30 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

680 by Jozuwa-_- »»
38 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 8 hours ago

3 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.