Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 25, 2018 10:00 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ED plays first and OP plays last, typical Gintama style. Extended part of Takasugi wearing his outfit was a nice touch

Their using Gengai’s turd trail to locate him, lol. Gintoki’s not in great condition though and Kagura’s still sleeping. The poop track just leads to Konfo though, haha. And the blood stains just leads to Zenzou’s asshole. But communications are back up, and things are gonna turn against Kabukicho’s favor. It seems like Enshou’s got things in plan and is willing to blast Earth into space dust.

Sakamoto has to do all the communicating with Soyo. Lol at Elizabeth/Dragonia’s look. It’s hard to tell who’s the real leader of the Jouishishi, lol. Seems like in space they have large numbers thanks to Hata’s support. The battle on Earth is basically going to be them holding their grounds until the space unit takes down the Liberation Army’s HQ. And there’s 6 hours left since Enshou’s gonna blow up Earth once the Hinokagutsuchi charges up.

So even if the space units have the numbers, their tactics are going to take up too much time. Stealthily making their way to the HQ is still an option but they’ll just have to use brute force due to their time constraints. And even the Liberation Army’s not happy with the plans, but of course Enshou’s gonna threaten them to go on with the plans. Seems like the space unit’s going with the plan of getting the enemies attention.

But after that serious monologue though, Gintoki had to ruin it with him puking, lol. But that small conversation with Soyo and Nobunobu though. Nobunobu’s deciding to sacrifice himself for the country, after sacrificing the country for himself. It’s really nice seeing Nobunobu being so different now. He’s serving more purpose than just being a punching bag :P

LMAO at Prince Hata’s broadcast! I honestly wonder how Enshou feels when he sees that he’s being played by a bunch of imbeciles, lol. Welp, their attack started as an accident. Oooh, it’s cool to see Katsura serious again! And the battle had already started again on Earth, due to how pressured the Liberation Army feels.

The situation seems dire for every allied units in space. Things are turning out to be pretty bad, until one late member finally made their appearance. Takasugi and the Kiheitai is here to help… right when this season is ending XD

They skipped Enshou loosing his chill though. Not that I mind since it was a bit out-of-character in the manga. Episode ended exactly at Chapter 631, as expected. Animations were pretty good for the most part. Directing in this episode was the best this season! They really nailed the intensity and the comedic moments.

As expected, they went with a cliffhanger ending. But yeah, this was a perfect start to the final arc. A good blend of serious and comedy arc, almost every character in Gintama returning, side characters finally get the time to shine, right before this series ends, and the high stakes makes this battle feel interesting. The second part of this arc should be much more heavy on serious content, and will focus primarily on the more important characters. The third part of this arc though… let’s just say that it’s even more troll than Gintama’s standards :P
If I were to rank the Gintama seasons as of now though: Gintama° > Gintama. > Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen > Gintama': Enchousen > Gintama.: Porori-hen > Gintama > Gintama'
Though if adapted properly, the second part of this arc could be rank higher personally. Third part is top-tier so far though :P
If the second part is 12 episodes, I wonder if the anime will stop at Chapter 668 or 669. Both would be a total wtf season ending for anime-only watchers. Though, I wish the next part is only 12 episodes and separated from the rest of the arc, since the third part feels like it’s own arc honestly.

5/5 for this episode. 10/10 for this season… not that I was expecting anything less from this series :P

GoldenDevilGamerMar 25, 2018 10:33 AM
Mar 25, 2018 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
ED plays first and OP plays last, typical Gintama style. Extended part of Takasugi wearing his outfit was a nice touch

Their using Gengai’s turd trail to locate him, lol. Gintoki’s not in great condition though and Kagura’s still sleeping. The poop track just leads to Konfo though, haha. And the blood stains just leads to Zenzou’s asshole. But communications are back up, and things are gonna turn against Kabukicho’s favor. It seems like Enshou’s got things in plan and is willing to blast Earth into space dust.

Sakamoto has to do all the communicating with Soyo. Lol at Elizabeth/Dragonia’s look. It’s hard to tell who’s the real leader of the Jouishishi, lol. Seems like in space they have large numbers thanks to Hata’s support. The battle on Earth is basically going to be them holding their grounds until the space unit takes down the Liberation Army’s HQ. And there’s 6 hours left since Enshou’s gonna blow up Earth once the Hinokagutsuchi charges up.

So even if the space units have the numbers, their tactics are going to take up too much time. Stealthily making their way to the HQ is still an option but they’ll just have to use brute force due to their time constraints. And even the Liberation Army’s not happy with the plans, but of course Enshou’s gonna threaten them to go on with the plans. Seems like the space unit’s going with the plan of getting the enemies attention.

But after that serious monologue though, Gintoki had to ruin it with him puking, lol. But that small conversation with Soyo and Nobunobu though. Nobunobu’s deciding to sacrifice himself for the country, after sacrificing the country for himself. It’s really nice seeing Nobunobu being so different now. He’s serving more purpose than just being a punching bag :P

LMAO at Prince Hata’s broadcast! I honestly wonder how Enshou feels when he sees that he’s being played by a bunch of imbeciles, lol. Welp, their attack started as an accident. Oooh, it’s cool to see Katsura serious again! And the battle had already started again on Earth, due to how pressured the Liberation Army feels.

The situation seems dire for every allied units in space. Things are turning out to be pretty bad, until one late member finally made their appearance. Takasugi and the Kiheitai is here to help… right when this season is ending XD

They skipped Enshou loosing his chill though. Not that I mind since it was a bit out-of-character in the manga. Episode ended exactly at Chapter 631, as expected. Animations were pretty good for the most part. Directing in this episode was the best this season! They really nailed the intensity and the comedic moments.

As expected, they went with a cliffhanger ending. But yeah, this was a perfect start to the final arc. A good blend of serious and comedy arc, almost every character in Gintama returning, side characters finally get the time to shine, right before this series ends, and the high stakes makes this battle feel interesting. The second part of this arc should be much more heavy on serious content, and will focus primarily on the more important characters. The third part of this arc though… let’s just say that it’s even more troll than Gintama’s standards :P
If I were to rank the Gintama seasons as of now though: Gintama° > Gintama. > Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen > Gintama': Enchousen > Gintama.: Porori-hen > Gintama > Gintama'
Though if adapted properly, the second part of this arc could be rank higher personally. Third part is top-tier so far though :P
If the second part is 12 episodes, I wonder if the anime will stop at Chapter 668 or 669. Both would be a total wtf season ending for anime-only watchers. Though, I wish the next part is only 12 episodes and separated from the rest of the arc, since the third part feels like it’s own arc honestly.

5/5 for this episode. 10/10 for this season… not that I was expecting anything less from this series :P

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Since next cour is airing in the summer it could be 13 episodes...unless they take a 1 week break in the middle and make it 12 episodes(I'm hoping it's 12 though since it would be a perfect place to end at chapter 668 or 669)
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
Right now i'm going to wait till the series is all done(so I can rate it all as Season 4 since it looks like 2017 is all one production, kinda like how Crunchyroll labels 1-201 as season 1, 202-265 as season 2, 266-316 as season 3, 317-till the series ends as season 4)

but the pacing this season was a fucking mess after Episode 348, idk wtf were they thinking after having it almost perfect up to 348 loll, hopefully next cour isn't like this
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 10:21 AM

Oct 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Since next cour is airing in the summer it could be 13 episodes...unless they take a 1 week break in the middle and make it 12 episodes(I'm hoping it's 12 though since it would be a perfect place to end at chapter 668 or 669)

Probably next season will be 25 because TV Tokyo time slot considers Porori-hen and Silver Soul just 1 season. Usually split cours have your parts with same episode amount. Btw was announced that the "Climax" will be adapted in the next season, the climax is chapter 668, but probably will end in 669.
Mar 25, 2018 10:26 AM

Jul 2015
YGP said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Probably next season will be 25 because TV Tokyo time slot considers Porori-hen and Silver Soul just 1 season. Usually split cours have your parts with same episode amount. Btw was announced that the "Climax" will be adapted in the next season, the climax is chapter 668, but probably will end in 669.
when its 2 cour(especially sunrise shows) it's usually a 6 month break before another 2 cour anime airs, but we'll see because I wouldn't be surprised if the final fantasy stuff is 13 episodes with a 1 hour finale or something(6 month break after SS part 2 maybe also)
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 10:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Really hope it's not 25 episodes. I wanna see 668 as a season finale :P

Considering how today's episode has a next episode preview, it seems like the anime's production will still go on and this 3 month break is being used to improve on it's production.

SenpaiJay98 said:
Right now i'm going to wait till the series is all done(so I can rate it all as Season 4 since it looks like 2017 is all one production, kinda like how Crunchyroll labels 1-201 as season 1, 202-265 as season 2, 266-316 as season 3, 317-till the series ends as season 4)

but the pacing this season was a fucking mess after Episode 348, idk wtf were they thinking after having it almost perfect up to 348 loll, hopefully next cour isn't like this
TBH, only episode 348 suffered from pacing issues. I was fine with the rest of the series. I think that pacing was sped up because BNP wanted to do this arc in 25-ish episodes and the arc was going on longer than expected in the manga. But the manga is not ending any time soon, so BNP will slow down the pace a bit and try to aim for three cours
GoldenDevilGamerMar 25, 2018 10:38 AM
Mar 25, 2018 10:54 AM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Considering how today's episode has a next episode preview, it seems like the anime's production will still go on and this 3 month break is being used to improve on it's production.

SenpaiJay98 said:

TBH, only episode 348 suffered from pacing issues. I was fine with the rest of the series. I think that pacing was sped up because BNP wanted to do this arc in 25-ish episodes and the arc was going on longer than expected in the manga. But the manga is not ending any time soon, so BNP will slow down the pace a bit and try to aim for three cours
348 was good, 349 and 350 was a failure, and even if they wanted to adapt episode 12 here they could have adapted up to 631 without rushing the kyuubi/tsukuyo, dakin fight, and some of the jirocho final bit flashback(like 349 should have ended at chapter 618, 350 should have ended at 622, 351 should have ended at 625, 352 should have ended at 628, 353 should have ended at somewhere at 631-633), hello ending it at chapter 630 would have solved a lot of issues with eye pacing here lol(just have takasugi in the preview for next cour or small only scenes to hype him up for the fangirls)
SenpaiJay98Mar 25, 2018 11:10 AM
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 11:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice episode to close the season, with more laughs than before and less serious, although when Gintama was serious?! lol
I don´t believe the way that took Nobunobu, because for me always was presumptuous, although in the last episodes his attitude change, never I could imagine this radical change!!!
Well, it´s not near to end, end the season, but this story can be more development!!! kekeke
Mar 25, 2018 11:55 AM
Nov 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

348 was good, 349 and 350 was a failure, and even if they wanted to adapt episode 12 here they could have adapted up to 631 without rushing the kyuubi/tsukuyo, dakin fight, and some of the jirocho final bit flashback(like 349 should have ended at chapter 618, 350 should have ended at 622, 351 should have ended at 625, 352 should have ended at 628, 353 should have ended at somewhere at 631-633), hello ending it at chapter 630 would have solved a lot of issues with eye pacing here lol(just have takasugi in the preview for next cour or small only scenes to hype him up for the fangirls)

Yeah for me, the pacing was just rough for the dakini battle and especially the tsukuyo/ kyuubei conversation. The end but of jirocho's flashback wasn't a huge, huge deal. But still would have been nice to see it.

I don't like them straight up omitting things from the anime, but I guess if they must to end at a certain point... I wish they could just shorten or skip OP/EDs instead though in those instances.
Mar 25, 2018 12:15 PM

Dec 2014
I was expecting the ED to play first and when it did play I just smiled. :3

Great wrap up to the season though the cliffhanger ending kinda makes me want more episodes right now but we're getting the rest in Summer anyway and considering Spring's lineup I think I'll be fine.

The poop and blood trail following was epic. xD

Gin-san's explanation of why he got drunk and the save points was hilarious.
Hijikata's reply though,
"Life is all about how your hitbox grows larger with each step you take"
Goddamn. xD

Soyo and NobuNobu's conversation was pretty emotional.

TAKASUGI!!!! Hell yeah! When Gin-san mentioned there was one more guy left who wasn't gonna let the Earth get destroyed. I started grinning. XD
That entrance with the double stealth ships was awesome.

Final shot with Takasugi was great. :D

Overall, well it was another great season of Gintama. I'm not gonna say much regarding the season since we pretty stopped in the middle but so far it's living upto be everything I expected it to, so great job. Keep up the great work BNP!
10/10, Looking forward to Summer.
Mar 25, 2018 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
Welp, another Gintama season ended. I really don't know how to feel that they ended the series with a cliffhanger like this. Takasugi looks better than ever before though. Now for the rest of the episode those poop and blood trails were hilarious while Soyo-Nobunobu conversation was very emotional and I really like how the latter's character has been developed post-FS arc. Lmfao at the Hata-Madao fight over pudding in front of Enshou and later they accidently opened fire with the rest of the fleet following starting the battle. Once again, 10/10 and another Gintama season in the top ten.
Mar 25, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao,following the poop and the blood trail was probably one of the funniest things this season.

Nobunobu changed indeed for the better,moving moment between him and Soyo.

Silver Soul arc is pretty good so far,but the filet part has yet to come, so I'm looking forward to summer.Also thanks for bringing us one of the best ED songs of the season.

Dat Takasugi hype at the end,tho,really a mean way to end this cour -.-

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2013
OMG, it ended with Takasugi's appearance, amazing stuff!
Lol, that trail of shit was too long, how much can a gorilla shit?
And poor Hattori, that must hurt.
Mar 25, 2018 12:39 PM

Feb 2012
Well there goes another season of Gintama (as I always say on the last episode threads) and we still here.

I doubt even the next one will be final considering the manga right now is going some really off ways but we'll see, they did swear this time that it will be the last so who knows.
Mar 25, 2018 12:45 PM

Jul 2015
Oh c'mon, you can't just end there! q_q

Can't say I liked the first five mins, but everything else was nice and baka ouji had me laughing so hard.

I ended up liking this season a lot more than I expected, looking forward to the sequel!
Mar 25, 2018 1:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Whoops I meant 349.
Mar 25, 2018 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
That was one hell of a return for Takasugi, but a badass guy has to make a badass appearance. I really liked the action throughout the episode, and I really can't wait for summer. This arc has been great so far and I can't wait to see it continue.

Also, PLEASE GET SPYAIR TO CONTRIBUTE A SONG FOR THE NEXT SEASON.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2018 1:29 PM

Nov 2013
As always Gintama saves the best for last, the animation this week was spectacular !
Our favourite anti-hero comes to save the day .
Lots of buildup for the second cour..... all my friends on Earth "Hold on a bit longer!"

Mod Edit: Unembedded extra pictures, please only embed one picture in Episode discussion threads
Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:26 PM
Mar 25, 2018 2:10 PM

Dec 2015
Really loved it. Takasugi FTW, and I love how both him and Katsura went back to their Joui war costumes. We might never see the first Amanto War but at least we get to see the Second!
Mar 25, 2018 2:21 PM
Jan 2011
Was really hyped to see Takasugi return. Both Takasugi and Zura look great in their Joui War outfits. And it seems like Nobunobu is going to sacrifice himself.
This season was great though I wish the pacing was a bit slower. I hope the next season will have at least 26 Episodes.
Mar 25, 2018 3:02 PM

Oct 2015
We arrived at the last episode .....
About animation/Staff:

- Script by Taku Kishimoto - (岸本卓) - (270, 271, 272, 274, 279, 280, 281 283, 284, 285, 299, 304, 305, 309, 310, 311A, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 334, 335, 336, 350, 351, 352): He did the last 3 episodes of Silver Soul. Veteran and really good.
- Storyboard by Hirotaka Endo - (遠藤広隆) - (323, 346): Very weak storyboarder, same for episodes 323 and 346. He just know make action with still frames..... Poor.
- Directed by Shuuji Miyahara - (宮原秀二) - (80, 91, 96, 102, 108, 117, 122, 131, 139, 147, 155, 162, 171, 181, 188, 207, 212, 219, 225, 230, 237, 244, 250, 257, 262, 269, 276, 328, 345): Shuuji directed the last episode again as was in Rakuyou. He is a veteran and great director, actually all of your episodes was well animated.

Animation Directors:
https://i.imgur.com/04LMJmg.png

- Hitomi Tsuruta (鶴田仁美) - (55, 62, 67, 74, 81, 89, 94, 103, 111, 119, 128, 142, 150(half), 156(half), 332, 339(half)) - (Rank A): Veteran and great AD.
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口光紀) - (Solo eps: 127, 134, 141, 149, 157, 184 193, 200, 203, 218, 226, 242, 251, 254, 258, 263. Pieces of 163, 168, 177, 211, 234, 270, 276, 284, 298, 302, 309, 313, 322, 328, 333, 341, 347) - (Rank B): He is a very good AD and veteran, already wrong in the past, but in general, your work is good.
- Mariko Ishikawa (石川真理子) - (Half of 268, 273, 278, 286, 304, 313, 316, 322, 328, 333, 341, 347) - (Rank S): Best AD of Gintama at the time. Your work in Gintoki vs Takasugi is just great! Mariko was Animation Director in the finale episode of past seasons (Gintama°, Rakuyou, Porori-hen). Fortunately, the tradition continues!

In the Key Animation list has Youhei Sasaki (佐々木洋平) that worked in more another episode, your part probably is the fight in earth. Even the animation was static frames, was very good. The art style in this part is awesome, very detailed.

The episode was very well animated, with expected, the consistency was great. Unfortunately the storyboarder not is one of the best, what created static fight scenes. Fortunately the animators of this episode are very good and made even these good scenes.

About Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Animation:
This season was better than others seasons (Rakuyou, Porori-hen) in animation question. Gintama staff did the best that this season deliver what Silver Soul arc is. I'm happy, for me, the animation was good, better than I expected.
Bad episodes: 2 (346, 349)
Good episodes: 10
Did you think the animation bad?

Curiosities:

- Sasaki Youhei worked in 8 episodes was Key Animator: 342, 344, 345, 347, 349, 350, 351, 353. Your cuts was usually the best of your episodes.
- Subproduced episodes (In cooperation with another studio):
346: Studio AMO(?) (アモ)
349: Studio elle (スタジオエル)

Best and Worse:

- Episode:
Best: 345 - Worse: 349
- Director:
Best: Shuuji Miyahara (345, 353) - Worse: Matsuo Asami (346)
- Storyboarder:
Best: Shuuji Miyahara (345) - Worse: Hirotaka Endo (346, 353)
- Animation Directors:
Best: Mariko Ishikawa (347, 353) - Worse: Have many in episodes 346 and 349.
- Assistant AD:
Best: Best: Youhei Sasaki (345) - Worse: Takakura Kae (359, 350) (Need more experience).
- Animator:
Youhei Sasaki is the best, Mariko Ishikawa is the second. I can't credit a worse.

What to expect next season:
The animation should not get worse, I expect the same quality of this season.
Chapters 660 to 668 will be hard to adapt because of the amount of action of those chapters, but I hype this! We'll still have bad episodes, but we'll have lots of good ones too.

Thanks to everyone who read my comments on animation every week.
Thanks to everyone who asked questions and discussed Gintama's animation.
Talking about it is very interesting!
Sometimes I post a few things about animation on Twitter if someone wants to read, ask or say something: https://twitter.com/YGP__

https://i.imgur.com/gu3kQsf.png

Mod Edit: Unembedded extra pictures, please only embed one picture in Episode discussion threads
Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:29 PM
Mar 25, 2018 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
Ayeee, Takasugi joins the fray! It sucks that this will be a split cour but it is what it is. Overall Gintama managed to make a great comeback from the terrible last season with a very good balance of action and comedy. Well done. 8/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 25, 2018 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Full translation of the staff by Sakaki https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/977965507558170624
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 3:24 PM

Aug 2014
ED instead of OP at the start

nice.
Mar 25, 2018 3:54 PM

Jul 2015
MrMik1995 said:
YGP said:
We arrived at the last episode .....
About animation/Staff:

- Script by Taku Kishimoto - (岸本卓) - (270, 271, 272, 274, 279, 280, 281 283, 284, 285, 299, 304, 305, 309, 310, 311A, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 334, 335, 336, 350, 351, 352): He did the last 3 episodes of Silver Soul. Veteran and really good.
- Storyboard by Hirotaka Endo - (遠藤広隆) - (323, 346): Very weak storyboarder, same for episodes 323 and 346. He just know make action with still frames..... Poor.
- Directed by Shuuji Miyahara - (宮原秀二) - (80, 91, 96, 102, 108, 117, 122, 131, 139, 147, 155, 162, 171, 181, 188, 207, 212, 219, 225, 230, 237, 244, 250, 257, 262, 269, 276, 328, 345): Shuuji directed the last episode again as was in Rakuyou. He is a veteran and great director, actually all of your episodes was well animated.

Animation Directors:
https://i.imgur.com/04LMJmg.png

- Hitomi Tsuruta (鶴田仁美) - (55, 62, 67, 74, 81, 89, 94, 103, 111, 119, 128, 142, 150(half), 156(half), 332, 339(half)) - (Rank A): Veteran and great AD.
- Mitsunori Yamaguchi (山口光紀) - (Solo eps: 127, 134, 141, 149, 157, 184 193, 200, 203, 218, 226, 242, 251, 254, 258, 263. Pieces of 163, 168, 177, 211, 234, 270, 276, 284, 298, 302, 309, 313, 322, 328, 333, 341, 347) - (Rank B): He is a very good AD and veteran, already wrong in the past, but in general, without work is good.
- Mariko Ishikawa (石川真理子) - (Half of 268, 273, 278, 286, 304, 313, 316, 322, 328, 333, 341, 347) - (Rank S): Best AD of Gintama at the time. Your work in Gintoki vs Takasugi is just great! Mariko was Animation Director in the finale episode of past seasons (Gintama°, Rakuyou, Porori-hen). Fortunately, the tradition continues!

In the Key Animation list has Youhei Sasaki (佐々木洋平) that worked in more another episode, your part probably is the fight in earth. Even the animation was static frames, was very good. The art style in this part is awesome, very detailed.

The episode was very well animated, with expected, the consistency was great. Unfortunately the storyboarder not is one of the best, what created static fight scenes. Fortunately the animators of this episode are very good and made even these good scenes.

About Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Animation:
This season was better than others seasons (Rakuyou, Porori-hen) in animation question. Gintama staff did the best that this season deliver what Silver Soul arc is. I'm happy, for me, the animation was good, better than I expected.
Bad episodes: 2 (346, 349)
Good episodes: 10
Did you think the animation bad?

Curiosities:

- Sasaki Youhei worked in 7 episodes was Key Animator: 342, 344, 345, 347, 349, 350, 351. Your cuts was usually the best of your episodes.
- Subproduced episodes (In cooperation with another studio):
346: Studio AMO(?) (アモ)
349: Studio elle (スタジオエル)

Best and Worse:

- Episode:
Best: 345 - Worse: 349
- Director:
Best: Shuuji Miyahara (345, 353) - Worse: Matsuo Asami (346)
- Storyboarder:
Best: Shuuji Miyahara (345) - Worse: Hirotaka Endo (346, 353)
- Animation Directors:
Best: Mariko Ishikawa (347, 353) - Worse: Have many in episodes 346 and 349.
- Assistant AD:
Best: Best: Youhei Sasaki (345) - Worse: Takakura Kae (359, 350) (Need more experience).
- Animator:
Youhei Sasaki is the best, Mariko Ishikawa is the second. I can't credit a worse.

What to expect next season:
The animation should not get worse, I expect the same quality of this season.
Chapters 660 to 668 will be hard to adapt because of the amount of action of those chapters, but I hype this! We'll still have bad episodes, but we'll have lots of good ones too.

Thanks to everyone who read my comments on animation every week.
Thanks to everyone who asked questions and discussed Gintama's animation.
Talking about it is very interesting!
Sometimes I post a few things about animation on Twitter if someone wants to read, ask or say something: https://twitter.com/YGP__

https://i.imgur.com/gu3kQsf.png

While its great that they have Sasaki around, it also sucks that he is the one who has to carry most of the weight and obviously since he can't manage to work for long cuts each episode his scenes don't last long (which action wise are the only ones making the best use of newer character design).

First half of this arc had mix of action and comedy in the Four Devas style but second half is more like SA or FS where jokes are limited,its more serious and its just back to back action,so its kinda worrying how they'll handle the second half.Atleast they made a good decision by taking a break,its just 3 months but hope for the best.
I said it before, i think they'll do the first half justice(because a certain fight will happen episode 4 most likely, and episode 4 of the 2017 Gintama always has the best animation) but they won't do the 2nd half justice(animation always falls apart in the 2nd half, and censoring)

Mod Edit: Edited quoted post to reflect changes
Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:32 PM
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 5:37 PM
Nov 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
MrMik1995 said:

While its great that they have Sasaki around, it also sucks that he is the one who has to carry most of the weight and obviously since he can't manage to work for long cuts each episode his scenes don't last long (which action wise are the only ones making the best use of newer character design).

First half of this arc had mix of action and comedy in the Four Devas style but second half is more like SA or FS where jokes are limited,its more serious and its just back to back action,so its kinda worrying how they'll handle the second half.Atleast they made a good decision by taking a break,its just 3 months but hope for the best.
I said it before, i think they'll do the first half justice(because a certain fight will happen episode 4 most likely, and episode 4 of the 2017 Gintama always has the best animation) but they won't do the 2nd half justice(animation always falls apart in the 2nd half, and censoring)

I personally think "that episode" won't hit till episode 5. But I also don't think the animation is THAT strict with its structure. So I think it's animation will still be very nice.

Mod Edit: Edited quoted post to match earlier changes
Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:34 PM
Mar 25, 2018 5:38 PM

Jul 2015
crystalblade13 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I personally think "that episode" won't hit till episode 5. But I also don't think the animation is THAT strict with its structure. So I think it's animation will still be very nice.
I don't see how it can reach episode 5 without dragging things out(i'm talking about the fight not the stuff that comes right after it because I think that'll be saved for episode 5)

Mod Edit: Edited quote to match earlier changes
Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:35 PM
Sup...
Mar 25, 2018 6:10 PM

Nov 2015
"The one to destroy this world. Will be me". That line with the opening playing gave me so many goosebumps. But for now Gintama is ending. This introduction to the SS arc was amazing. Seeing all the old characters come back to save the world. The comedy was really good, nothing new there. Action looked really good when it needed it to be.

See you guys in July!

Katsura janai, Zura da

Mar 25, 2018 7:54 PM
Jun 2017
great way to end the half of Gintama... i mean from gengai part up to the space war, i just love it... cant wait for the next time it will be aired again...
Mar 25, 2018 8:01 PM

Mar 2018
It was pure Gintama all the way through. Comedy, Action, and drama, an absolute Gintama masterclass.
The Soviet Union will revive #communism
Mar 25, 2018 8:02 PM

Aug 2017
While I didn't laugh as much with the Kondo/Hanzo joke, I loved this episode.

I like how they keep their tradition to switch the ending and opening for the last episode of an arc (and season in this case), it makes me remember how they did with Shura and Gin'iro no Sora back then with the Benizakura arc.

As much I love Gintama, I didn't like Porori-hen as much. I enjoyed those arcs in the manga, but it felt really out of place in the anime after SA, FS and RDB. So I was really happy that they were back on track with this season.

Anyways, the season itself was nice, the pacing was good. yet somewhat rushed in a few occassions, but not that big of a deal for me.

The cliffhangers tho. Even as a manga reader, I'm hyped for the next part of Silver Soul!
Mar 25, 2018 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
TAKASUGI..... NO. YOU CAN'T GO ON A BREAK NOW. WHY. JUST WHY. I NEED MORE EPISODES.

Liked that they switched the OP and ED this week.
The Kondo and Zenzou's poop and blood trail were hilarious lmao. That was great xD

Loved the conversation between Soyo and Nobunobu. That was quite emotional. I really like the character development from Nobunobu this season. Has changed for the better.

And finally, that ending with Takasugi. That was freaking amazing. I was literally jumping after he made his entrance. Even though we all knew he was gonna make an appearance in the end xD

"A weapon of destruction that will erase earth? Sorry but it won't get a chance to shine. The one to destroy the world will be me"

Loved it. Loved every bit. Yet another amazing season of Gintama. Thoroughly enjoyed this. Sucks that we're going a break now. Thought I was gonna be okay with it but that cliffhanger has me craving for more. Haha.

10/10!
RyunuosukeMar 25, 2018 10:28 PM

Mar 26, 2018 12:19 AM

Mar 2018
Great season overall for me(8/10) though I was expecting more serious tones to it although we did have some great emotional and invigorating eps as well (Tama dying/ decommissioning ,return of Jirocho and other characters except Asaemon).
Comedy was top notch, with some great running gags(Madao being Madao as ever, Zenzo's hemorrhoids , Tsuki's drinking tolerance) ,parodies (NGE) and some brief comedy cameos from past eps like Pandemonium-san and Timeskip arc (with Yamzaki being Rambo) and so much more
F*cking hyped for the next final season.
"If you have got time to fantasize about a beautiful ending, why not live beautifully till the end" :')

Mar 26, 2018 2:01 AM
Apr 2016
The score is 911. Officially needs help!
This is great of course, can't wait for the final season. I really hope they wrap this masterpiece up that way and do not try to prolong it anyhow. With dignity intact this will be top 3 masterpieces of Japanese animation, so far.
Re:formed
Mar 26, 2018 2:58 AM
Dec 2016
I really wish that they will focus the production on the in coming Kihaitai part, which will be the first of the second season of this arc. This part represents one of my 10 favorites chapters (w/ the Gintoki vs Takasugi fight).
Mar 26, 2018 3:08 AM

Mar 2018
What I don't get is that since the manga has not finished and has no intention of ending any time soon (based on what I have heard-I haven't read the manga) ,how will they even end the silver soul arc in the next season or will they go ahead of the manga maybe ?
Mar 26, 2018 4:22 AM

Jul 2017
MdotO said:
What I don't get is that since the manga has not finished and has no intention of ending any time soon (based on what I have heard-I haven't read the manga) ,how will they even end the silver soul arc in the next season or will they go ahead of the manga maybe ?

Probably split cour again, and the third part will be aired at Winter 2019.
"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be."

- Gintoki Sakata
Mar 26, 2018 5:52 AM

Sep 2015
Full ed song for op are nice.

Wish they will put more budget to second half.

Into the Internet!
Mar 26, 2018 10:27 AM

Sep 2017
@GoldenDevilGamer
Is it right that gin× tskuyo not that popular in japan?

Also who was the 2nd guy in the preview?..was that kamui? Do we even get to see him and umibozu?

When takasugi said " the one to destroy the world will be me" i was kinda expecting him to say kono Dio da! XD I mean that's far fetched, but i atleast wished for kono ore da! Lol

Great episode, and the ending was pretty good as well.
I'm so hyped for summer, Aot s 3, grand blue, 2nd half of gintama..it's gonna be awesome
SalamakMar 26, 2018 10:33 AM
Mar 26, 2018 11:10 AM

Mar 2014
Salamak said:
@GoldenDevilGamer
Also who was the 2nd guy in the preview?..was that kamui? Do we even get to see him and umibozu?

Mar 26, 2018 11:36 AM

Aug 2015
LEGENDARY ! I've had shivers from the start to the end.That Nobunobu redemption scene served some feels. Seeing Katsura in his Joui outfit was also exciting. The final Takasugi scene was simply magnificent, but it serves as the season's cliffhanger. So much hype for the next part of the arc.
''I'm fine with being a beast, I neither want nor need anything to protect. I just want to destroy everything, until the beast stops whining.'' Takasugi Shinsuke
Mar 26, 2018 11:38 AM
Nov 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
crystalblade13 said:

I don't see how it can reach episode 5 without dragging things out(i'm talking about the fight not the stuff that comes right after it because I think that'll be saved for episode 5)

theres 12 chapters between where we are now and that fight. And many of them are very dialogue heavy (flashbacks).

3 chapters an episode is normal pacing. 12 chapters will be 4 episodes. And then that fight will be chapters 344-346, on episode 5.

Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:36 PM
Mar 26, 2018 11:44 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Salamak said:
@GoldenDevilGamer
Well, it exists, but it's not popular in Japan. Most of Gin's pairings from the fanbase tends to be shounen ai ones, mainly because Gintama's Japanese fanbase primarily consists of a female demograpic. OkiKagu is super, super popular among the fanbase though.

Salamak said:
Yep, that's Kamui, and Umibouzu...
Mar 26, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
crystalblade13 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

theres 12 chapters between where we are now and that fight. And many of them are very dialogue heavy (flashbacks).

3 chapters an episode is normal pacing. 12 chapters will be 4 episodes. And then that fight will be chapters 344-346, on episode 5.
I see 3 chapters for the first episode, but not the 2nd and 3rd since they have a lot of action in them

Mod Edit: Edited quote to match changes made in earlier posts
Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:37 PM
Sup...
Mar 26, 2018 11:53 AM
Nov 2013
I don't know man, that kinda pacing (4 chapters for several episodes in a row) is too fast. They'll have to have a few 2 chapter adapting episodes later on to end on the obvious cliffhanger then. I'd rather we stay consistent with an average of 3 an episode, with a 2 or 4 chapter adaptation here or there.

And there's really no rule about the production and first 4 episodes, it's just been a coincidence with the last 2 seasons most likely. They can staff whoever they want, on whichever episode they want.
Mar 26, 2018 11:56 AM

Dec 2014
ok nice I really liked how they ended...nice waiting for more
Mar 26, 2018 11:59 AM

Sep 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Salamak said:
@GoldenDevilGamer
Well, it exists, but it's not popular in Japan. Most of Gin's pairings from the fanbase tends to be shounen ai ones, mainly because Gintama's Japanese fanbase primarily consists of a female demograpic. OkiKagu is super, super popular among the fanbase though.

Salamak said:
Yep, that's Kamui, and Umibouzu...

Okikagura is so popular that there's a new series kid sougo, and i sooo want a spin off of this. It's the cutest thing ever.
Gin×tskuyo is the best pair, man i wished they get together somehow..
EtoileSosso said:
Salamak said:
@GoldenDevilGamer

Thanks
Mar 26, 2018 12:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
crystalblade13 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I agree, though I think episode 5 should go up to chapter 647. There's not much dialogue and chapter 646 was only 15 pages.

Fleeting_DreamNov 25, 2019 12:38 PM
Mar 26, 2018 1:47 PM
Nov 2013
[quote=GoldenDevilGamer]
crystalblade13 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I agree, though I think episode 5 should go up to chapter 647. There's not much dialogue and chapter 646 was only 15 pages.

I agree with that, it can definitely be one of the 4 chapter exceptions, I was thinking that myself as I typed it, but said "eh, no biggie", so I'm glad you pointed it out.
Mar 26, 2018 2:12 PM
Aug 2013
Even if Hata Ouji speaks seriously, he always sounds like a baka. x)

Unfortunately, i haven't seen what i was expecting. Got to wait ! x(
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 7, 2018

218 by tomoe22 »»
Yesterday, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 11, 2018

104 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 4, 2018

74 by PrimeX »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:58 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

126 by PrimeX »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.