Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like this show is heading towards its climax but I feel really bad for Sophie. It seems she's the one suffering the most right now.

The dreaful feelings even seems to have an effect on that necklace she's wearing. It's also kinda sad the way his brother turned out.
Mar 16, 2018 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
That kiss caught me by surprise! And I thought I wouldn't see Golden Knight involve in heterorelationship in this arc.
Mar 16, 2018 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
>Queen survived
>King has FREEZA's voice
>ZARUBA IS BACK
>Sword's group feeling like they're all family

This is the best Garo anime hands down. I love the character development, bosses, and everything. It's good to know the climax isn't a rushed mess where one boss gets defeated in one episode.
Weakness is a sin!
Mar 16, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2017
Sweet, GinaxSword is now a thing. Hopefully Sword sticks to his word and "pays her back" for that kiss.
Mar 16, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was good. Never thought Gina would kiss Sword. That is shocking.
Mar 16, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
2 episodes left, Bishop, Queen and Knight are alive, King has basically just appeared, no major fighting in this episode. They are going to wrap up this story in 2 episodes.

When i wanted an analogue for Re:Creators for autumn-winter season, and i decided to watch Vanishing Line, i didn't expect it to step on the same rake LMAO.

They've had a lot of potential, but they've wasted it on establishing the setting and world building episodes.

The only thing that could save this, is that Sophie will become a Yaiba, but Yaiba armor isn't really famous, so probably not...
Mar 16, 2018 11:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
i hope that kiss and the promise to return it is not a death flag!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 16, 2018 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
It's good to see Zaruba again. Gina giving Sword a kiss was surprising. I hope that didn't raise a death flag.
Mar 16, 2018 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Revival of the "dead", Queen and Zaruba are back.

I'm also very pleased of Kings voice,Nakao Ryuusei is a very good pick.

And holy hell,the kiss was so unexpected, even showing tongue. This series is GAR.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2018 3:38 PM

Sep 2016
OTP is confirmed. Sword prepare that "sword" for your return my boi lol
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 16, 2018 4:30 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah we're near the end. Feel bad for Sophie as she really couldn't do anything to help her brother but watch King suppress him. It's good to know that she still can save all the people who's souls have just been stolen though. Also we finally get Gina kissing Sword as I always wanted to see. Sword is a very very lucky man.

am looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 16, 2018 5:26 PM
Dec 2014
I like this show as a regular anime but it really shouldn't have the name Garo in it since through out this show we barely got any Gold knight action I like it when sword punches Horror but not using your Armour ? I know there isn't a big tokusatsu presence for Garo here in the west but I know there is one in japan and I'm curious what the Japaneses audience thinks of the lack of Golden knight I again good anime if it was just a standalone show since the impression I'm getting that this originally wasn't going to be a garo show like it was just going to be called Vanishing line, I'm hoping the next Garo anime brings back a little bite more Gold knight action.
Mar 16, 2018 5:49 PM
Nov 2017
A lot of people saying it was surprising that Gina kissed Sword, but just a few episodes ago she hinted to Sophie that she liked Sword?
Mar 16, 2018 6:28 PM
Dec 2010
WOW king certainly made a great first impression on me. That scene with suppressing martin and that music and black hole bombs, that was just incredible. and he's even more jokerish than bishop! (just hums and wiggles himself as he tears the city apart)

Looks like queen takes her true horror form next episode and eldo net is online, its final fight time!
(also guys who said it was stupid for zaruba to die for nothing and for gina to go back to alchemist village: happy now! )
Really liked this season
shadowiiMar 16, 2018 6:50 PM
Mar 16, 2018 8:17 PM
Mar 2017
Freezer took work in the anime of the Mummy and now in Garo, it must be difficult with the budget.

Seeing your brother that way must be horrible.

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Mar 16, 2018 8:47 PM

Feb 2016
I CALLED IT! ElDorado 3.0 is WORLDWIDE. Holy shit, things just went Lit!

Damn, Feel bad for Sophie for seeing her brother like that D:

That Kiss tho, Feels good to be Sword heh.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 16, 2018 9:08 PM

Jan 2015
Whoops, poor Sophie. To see your brother become that creature after years apart.
And Luke... He DEFINITELY have to fight Queen to the death. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 16, 2018 9:24 PM

Apr 2016
Frieza is here and his wish was another new form
BRAWLERS
Mar 17, 2018 3:00 AM

May 2016
Oh wow! Seeing Martin's face & flesh try and escape the horror was just disturbing! Even more so when the horror bit his hand off. Poor Sophie.

Not too sure how to feel about Zaruba coming back after he sacrificed himself previously. Looks like he was rebuilt by the Land of Guidance? At least Queen is back; looks like she just teleported away after all.

Oh snap! ELDO NET has gone worldwide and has begun harvesting souls for King horror! Looks like this anime is starting to reach its climax!

Not too sure why the group considered leaving Sophie behind after it was revealed she had administrator privileges. Surely she's needed to access ELDO NET and release the harvested souls seeing Martin has already been consumed and there's seemingly no other way to defeat the King horror.

I look forward to the conclusion of this series, looks like things are gonna be lit these next 2 weeks!
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Mar 17, 2018 10:31 PM

May 2017
Oh look, Sophie is depressed for the 111th times, what a surprise

I knew Queen is alive, she's the true best girl, sorry Gina, she's just hotter but you're just as great tho not better

I was surprised on that kiss tho, yeah there are hints but it contradicts to her personality, she wouldn't have done that with Sophie and Luke around, plus the hint on "that" episode that she "likes" someone was so vague and shallow that she could've just told Sophie casually like "oh fuck it, it's Sword"

Next week we'll have 2v2 seriously doubt it tho obviously it's Queen vs Gina and then Luke vs his father. The two will get overpowered but they'll use teamwork ftw

Also Sword vs King

Bishop is a mystery, I doubt the guy would even fight. Then finally Sophie most likely will finally do something useful for once instead of crying and being depressed

@Sylanthus

alphazero4um said:
The episode was good. Never thought Gina would kiss Sword. That is shocking.

Ikr, the hint on who Gina likes isn't enough to justify it coz of her personality, she's not the likes to be doing that at least not when Sophie and Luke are around

And like I said, that certain hint on that episode is so vague and shallow that Gina could've just casually tell Sophie and it wouldn't matter, it's not like Sophie is a competition coz she's like a daughter to them already
LairucremMar 17, 2018 10:53 PM
Mar 18, 2018 11:04 AM
May 2015
Didn't really include fighting scenes or anything but I found this episode really intense,especially the second part. (Also the soundtrack when Zaruba returned!!)
When Gina kissed Sword,I just couldn't help but unintentionally start comparing Gina with Emma,haha.
Mar 21, 2018 8:48 PM

Dec 2016
King looks like a Lilo and Stitch alien that zulu cuck motherfucker
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 24, 2018 6:02 AM

Oct 2008
Nice! VA Nakao Ryuusei (freeza) was used for the King antagonist!
Nice! Zaruba is back! how the heck did that happen!?!?
looks like this is gonna be Queen/Knight vs Luke/Gina!
and Sword and Sophie has to take care of King/Bishop!
4/5.

Mar 27, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2014
Damn, that was an emotional episode. Poor Sophie to go through that hell. To know that you caused your brother to go despair and turn into a horror. But then again she didn't know that he still were a human and hadn't turned yet. I wonder if he is gone forever, or if they are going to twist that rule just because he is the "King".

Now that I mentioned "King", I think his voice actor is the same as Caesar in OP. They are very similar, expect for his evil laughter. LOL But I liked that they used his va. His voice fits very good with the character. But damn, he is a cruel one. Eating Martin's hand in front of his little sister. Now, that's cruel. He have intense power. Looking forward to see him in action. I just hope they use the two last ep. on him, so his fight isn't rushed.

Cool to see Zabuza back. That was totally unexpected, but Garo isn't the same without him being alive throughout the whole series. It's awesome to see him back. I wished we could knew more about the Land of Guidance and Gina revived him. A extra ep. for that would be nice, though I don't expect it.

So, Luke is going to take revenge on his father for real this time? Interesting. ^^

I got to say, DAYM! First the kiss and now this. Now that's nice enormous tits we saw in the preview. My heart skipped many beats when seeing that view, mmmm. xD

Mar 27, 2018 11:54 AM

Dec 2014
Feel bad for Sophie and martin...being used like that
Mar 29, 2018 5:07 PM

Mar 2009
Sword, you lucky bastard!
Mar 31, 2018 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
Zaruba is back!
And what a surprise, Gina kissed Sword!!!
Jul 13, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2015
I knew Zaruba would make a comeback, Garo isn't the same with Zaruba

Was suprised by King's voice, getting them frieza vibes

Gina best girl!! That was unexpected but really appreciated :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.