Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 28, 2017 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
What a twist! Everything I imagined, but not that Hideri was a boy, however, this episode was too much fun.

Too cute this scene. <3
Nov 28, 2017 12:05 PM

Jun 2017
Is he still technically a trap? It’s not like he is hiding his gender
Nov 28, 2017 2:13 PM
Apr 2017
traps are gay

That said... 10/10
Nov 28, 2017 5:10 PM
Oct 2014
As expected "Surprise" = GAY shota boy crossdressing as a girl
0/5 and dropped.

Why the fuck do japanese anime creators always ruin good hetero shows with gaytraps?
Nov 28, 2017 6:06 PM
Nov 2017
...aaaaaaaand dropped.

Not normally bothered by common tropes but this one was infuriating. Leaving out any personal views on the subject, it felt tacked on and cringe inducing.
Nov 28, 2017 11:19 PM
Aug 2016
The way they treated Hideri in this episode felt pretty transphobic. Especially when it came to the way Dino and Miu handled her. I felt as them not accepting her as a girl, or at least not accepting her want to act as a girl, felt pretty out of place and ignorant.
Nov 29, 2017 3:20 AM

Mar 2017
how fitting that the most cancerous trap of 2017 has the same VA for the most cancerous idol of all time

Lelouch0202 said:
I find it hilarious that Soramaru is voicing another character that wants to be a 'cute idol'. All we need now is a catchphrase and we're well on our way. xDD

oh hi we meet again lol
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 29, 2017 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
bioshock548 said:
The way they treated Hideri in this episode felt pretty transphobic. Especially when it came to the way Dino and Miu handled her. I felt as them not accepting her as a girl, or at least not accepting her want to act as a girl, felt pretty out of place and ignorant.

Speaking from an upbringing and community embracing lgbtq, it was disheartening if we talk about it in light of body politics and in the lens of social justice. Especially the bathroom scene. And i definitely feel it since she marked herself as female in her job application.

But also, I'm not surprised. In Japanese culture where uniformity and harmony are held at the highest values, the gender binary and gender roles are crazy strict in reality unlike we see in anime. Like in Japan, sex is the same as gender there than in the US. Like there's no option for "non-binary" or "other" when you get to the gender part of some papers and stuff. It's a shame how queerness and gender fluidity is ridiculed used in anime (not sure if "ridiculed" is the right word.. it is in the context of America and understanding from pro-lgbtq we see in media, it makes sense but maybe not so much in Japan?) but it shouldn't be anything new either imo

but yehh. glad someone felt the same way i did too.
hideri's an awesome character though, the female identity is strong with this one ahah
i love herr.
cottonpieNov 29, 2017 1:44 PM
Nov 29, 2017 1:47 PM

Jan 2010
SoraSenpai said:
Hideri and Miu ship sailing now. LETS GO!!!!! lol

This face had me in freaking tears XD

ugh sameee i had to go back twice to play that scene.
it's my new icon for everything now. google, discord, steam xD
Nov 29, 2017 9:17 PM

May 2017
Hideri is best girl

great, I'm gay now
Nov 30, 2017 8:33 AM

Nov 2015
This is my first time laughing so hard in this anime so many good jokes, voice acting and animation it's just perfect for me.

5/5
Nov 30, 2017 11:32 AM

May 2015
Why?

demo...

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°)├┬┴┬┴
Nov 30, 2017 6:57 PM

Sep 2015
I knew from episode one when the named her/him suprise that we would be getting a trap character lol. Not a fan but it's not going to make me stop watching an anime I enjoy. Decent episode felt a little lackluster compared to the previous ones though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Dec 1, 2017 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
Ofc the new employee is an idol chara *cough YazawaNico *cough
I'm looking forward for Niconiconiiii Niconicokneee the new idol chara :3

He should have apply to 315 production (Idolm@ster side M) xD

Girl? Toilet? Nonsense!
It should be picking flowers! They don't go to toilet! xD

So... now only Mafuyu left, with no someone to couple her with :(

Hideri you're crossdressing in the wrong neighbourhood! xD
Rayl1ghtDec 1, 2017 8:29 PM
"Signature removed"
Dec 1, 2017 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
cottonpie said:
bioshock548 said:

Speaking from an upbringing and community embracing lgbtq, it was disheartening if we talk about it in light of body politics and in the lens of social justice. Especially the bathroom scene. And i definitely feel it since she marked herself as female in her job application.

It's not some serious documentary though, it's a comedy/slice of life where things are played for laughs. If they brought in all this PC stuff most viewers would just get bored and switch it off.

You guys remind me of the people you sometimes see in the audience at stand-up gigs, everyone else is laughing but there's a couple shaking their heads with faces like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. Maybe they thought Jim Jeffries was a motivational speaker.
Dec 2, 2017 4:54 AM
Mar 2017
I like how hideri help miu, its resemblance hideri is still a boy not annoying
Brat that want to become girly b!tch
Dec 2, 2017 5:51 AM
Sep 2016
ITS A TRAP

yes i'm happy
Dec 2, 2017 5:54 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode. Not as great as the previous ones.

Trap-kun finally made his appearance. He was a bit annoying.

Dec 2, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2010
Sangaz said:
cottonpie said:

It's not some serious documentary though, it's a comedy/slice of life where things are played for laughs. If they brought in all this PC stuff most viewers would just get bored and switch it off.

You guys remind me of the people you sometimes see in the audience at stand-up gigs, everyone else is laughing but there's a couple shaking their heads with faces like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle. Maybe they thought Jim Jeffries was a motivational speaker.

yes, i am aware. thank you for your antipathy
Dec 2, 2017 2:59 PM

Mar 2009
So many salty people in here disgusted by the new character...especially near the top of this page.
Are you guys new to anime?
Dec 3, 2017 1:41 PM

Feb 2008
Hideri took trap to a new level.

Of annoyance?

Alas, Mio (and to a lesser extent, Mafuyu) brought him down a notch. Mio's unexpected outing with Hideri was enjoyable as well. Her slow punches were glorious.
Dec 3, 2017 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
I see new a idol character, I hear Nico. Well, like Tokui Sora could act any different. Her lower tone at times was interesting though.

Anyway, probably my least favourite character so far... Trap or not, don't really feel she he fits the rest of the crew well.
Wonder what their future interactions are like. Well, at least they added him to the ED.
Dec 4, 2017 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
cottonpie said:
bioshock548 said:

But also, I'm not surprised. In Japanese culture where uniformity and harmony are held at the highest values, the gender binary and gender roles are crazy strict in reality unlike we see in anime. Like in Japan, sex is the same as gender there than in the US. Like there's no option for "non-binary" or "other" when you get to the gender part of some papers and stuff. It's a shame how queerness and gender fluidity is ridiculed used in anime (not sure if "ridiculed" is the right word.. it is in the context of America and understanding from pro-lgbtq we see in media, it makes sense but maybe not so much in Japan?) but it shouldn't be anything new either imo

This is my understanding of it as well. I'm not surprised but still kinda sad about it? Hopefully the next episodes won't go this route.

Also the Manager/Maika parts really failed in this episode. Not funny, and the Manager reached an unbearable level of stupidity.
Dec 4, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
So the new girl is a trap! I was not expecting it!
Dec 5, 2017 10:18 PM

May 2013
OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!! MIU AND HER SOFT PUNCHES LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL.

Hideri's face when he tried to help Miu with her bags of paper was funny xD there goes his shining manly moment lmfao

Maika-chan looked better in the magical girl whatever cosplay outfit than Hideri did tbh :P

Dec 11, 2017 10:15 AM

Oct 2008
delayed DDY subs...
so the new character is an idol...but wut?! a trap!? okay...lolz
3/5.

Dec 20, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2015
Hideri is cute, but his personality is kind of over the top. Though I guess that's what you'd expect from an idol chara.

Dec 20, 2017 6:52 PM

Mar 2016
The SURPRISE is legit!!! Hideri is a... TRAP!!!
Oh no, this episode just encourages me to like traps more and more... Stahp, I am straight!!! omghufuegyegfbvyebvsbjvrvuivdybv... I like traps.
TRAPS HAVE EVOLVED!!!

Dec 24, 2017 1:18 AM

Jul 2013
I hate when new shows do traps, because it seems like kind of a cop out just to get attention. The series was already good enough without this.

However...

I feel they put more thought behind this trap than in most shows. The manliness actually came out quite a few times throughout the episode, and he is essentially trying to escape the oppression of his own family. If you know anything about how Japan actually handles homosexuality and transsexuality (hint: it's nothing like in anime), then you could see this more as a social commentary. The manager even tells the trap that he should have put male on his application rather than girl. Good luck getting away with a line like that in a Western show, but I think the show was making a point with that line. That that is how things really are in Japan. Whether the show is saying that is how things should be or that this should change is open to interpretation.

EDIT: And seriously, some of you people are too quick to completely miss the point the show might be trying to make. You just get offended or saddened rather than actually stopping to think about the potential intentions of the writer.
HraktuusDec 24, 2017 1:21 AM
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Dec 24, 2017 11:53 PM

Dec 2015
I like the way they added Hideri to the Ending. Nice touch. Finally the cast is complete.
Dec 25, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2012
A new character he? And he's pretty much a crossdressing trap... well they sure got quite the variety of characters in this series!
Jan 4, 2018 11:07 PM

Mar 2013
Dino's interactions with Hideri are kinda annoying to me cos she seems to identify as female (as in, transgender) but I guess Japanese attitudes towards trans people are a little behind at the moment.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 7, 2018 6:16 PM

Aug 2015
NICO NIC...ok too many people made that joke already

but YES! Trap that looks super cute, is lewd and has a personality type which I like? OOOHHHH BOY. This guy jumps straight to my favorite character list >w< It's like a more hyperactive version of Toshinou Kyouko from Yuru Yuri... and she's my all time favorite character... and did I say I love traps? Yeah... :3 this show just got way more interesting. I didn't even see it coming :o I really hope they give something more to the character than just the confidence+hyperactivity. Otherwise she'll be a bit flat. Pun intended.

chunng said:
It's funny to see many people dislike an episode because they don't like the new character or their fav character not having enough screen time. This trap is actually refreshing to watch with her egotistic personality and proud to be one.

This.
Also, whenever a character with more than average self-confidence shows up:
"HE'S FULL OF HIMSELF!! BOOO, SO ANNOYING"

ChloeVonEinzbern said:
This episode was hilarious! Hideri is a cutie, I would like to play dress up with him too like Mafuyu and Miu did. >:)
I wish I had female friends to do that with me too >3< I mean I did meet a friend here on mal who dressed me up in some cute clothes a few weeks ago... but he's a guy :p
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jan 15, 2018 12:39 AM
Aug 2012
Hraktuus said:
I hate when new shows do traps, because it seems like kind of a cop out just to get attention. The series was already good enough without this.

However...

I feel they put more thought behind this trap than in most shows. The manliness actually came out quite a few times throughout the episode, and he is essentially trying to escape the oppression of his own family. If you know anything about how Japan actually handles homosexuality and transsexuality (hint: it's nothing like in anime), then you could see this more as a social commentary. The manager even tells the trap that he should have put male on his application rather than girl. Good luck getting away with a line like that in a Western show, but I think the show was making a point with that line. That that is how things really are in Japan. Whether the show is saying that is how things should be or that this should change is open to interpretation.

EDIT: And seriously, some of you people are too quick to completely miss the point the show might be trying to make. You just get offended or saddened rather than actually stopping to think about the potential intentions of the writer.

Nice to see someone actually noticed this. His portrayal in the episode has been far more nuanced and interesting than the usual trap character. It also helps that there is more to his personality than just 'actually a guy lol'. I don't understand why people are acting like being self absorbed is some terrible character trait.

Probably one of my favorite episodes so far, and I feel like Hideri will add a lot to the character dynamic in later episodes.
Feb 3, 2018 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
I fell into the trap ~ What a cute and funny new character xD. This show never fails to entertain me.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Feb 12, 2018 1:20 AM

May 2015
People actually thought this episode was being transphobic, or that the characters were being mean to Hideri? LOL. These SJWs need to stop, seriously.
TsukuyomiREKTFeb 12, 2018 2:48 AM

Feb 12, 2018 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
scientist have discovered that transsexuals have brain of opposite sex, so man who makes himself in to woman cause he has felt hes entire life that hes woman & liked feminine things have female brain (most of them), so if u have female brain ur Woman, brain is what defines us, i once so a medical documentary about it, so i bet some day they will start to change gender on paper deepening on what gender the brain is, or maybe even when kid is born they look brain so they wont write down gender until they have taken a look at the brain

Kittens-kun said:
People actually thought this episode was being transphobic, or that the characters were being mean to Hideri? LOL. These SJWs need to stop, seriously.

some take this type of anime way 2seriously, its comedy so its all done for comedic reason's not transphobic
Feb 22, 2018 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
On one hand, Hideri is better than Miu, but he is still not as interesting as the 3 original girls. I wish it was only about those 3 and the guys, with no Miu and Hideri... :/

Also, I can't help but facepalm at our local SJWs, this is a fucking comedy show for god's sake :'D Obviously they are not going to try to be politically correct and what not.
RazielZeroFeb 22, 2018 4:06 PM
Mar 28, 2018 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
dudusdudus said:
Hideri reminds me of Sylphin, they're both annoying af..

whyyy they're both so cute the only one annoying here is Umaru

~~~~~~
Hideri looks like Alice in that blue dress so cute.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Apr 4, 2018 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
IT'S HERE! HIDERI KANZAKI! The SURPRISE! I wasn't disappointed at all. Hideri is my fave after Maika and Dino. I love how he's from a farm but wants to be an idol and even wore a virgin killer sweater showing off dem cakes.

He sounds so cute when he slips into his boy voice.

Also, people who are new to Anime and SJWs need to stay away from a lot of Anime because there are jokes which are common such as LGTBQ+, traps, sexism, racism, etc. which are made fun of and it's quite normal in the Anime/manga world. If someone is easily offended then they should stay far away.
BibimbapskiApr 4, 2018 11:34 AM
臭い-
May 12, 2018 8:54 AM

Dec 2016
This gir... boy looks like the one in umaru chan
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Sep 23, 2018 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
I don't normally take to traps, but when I do...

...HIDERI-CHAAAAAN <3
Nov 30, 2018 8:56 PM

May 2015
Eeeeh, what the hell. I ship it. Why not?
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 9, 2019 9:39 PM

Aug 2015
Finally best character is here! 8 episodes to introduce him, gat damn!!! This face:

Them eyes! That cat smile! The ribbon! Everything is too cute, argh, I love him already! (≖ᴗ≖✿)
It was easily the best and funniest episode until now with all the Hideri shenanigans, but Miu was great here two, that scary face she did when he ignored her and those soft punches were too funny, haha.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Apr 22, 2019 2:25 AM
Oct 2017
Hideri must make a little Nico Nico nii
Thanks to that he will attract a lot of customers
Oct 27, 2019 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm not really feeling the new character so far, probably my least favourite for now. Why do they ask a dude for advice concerning a girl though? xD
Dec 25, 2019 4:59 AM

Aug 2018
I'll be reading more reactions to this episode, I think.. ;P
I actually like how Hideri is at the same time girlish, but still at the same time is open about using "boku", as if accepting both sides of his/her being.. ;p
Em.. Can I get link to Hideri's social media account, where she posts her pics?.. ;P
Em.. Why Maika wasn't too happy with Dino asking if she'd want anything?.. Did he ask it in some strange Japanese way or something, which was lost in translation?.. Or she still was just thinking about not being a bad worker to receive presents?..
Ah, ok, Maika thought about abandonment.. But.. What?.. Why she thinks about abandonment, when someone does nice things to her?.. Is it related to her not having friends?.. Poor girl.. ;/
Well, they somehow resolved this situation.. In maintaining quo status, though, but it's better than worse, I guess..
Hideri and Miu are having a strange dynamic in their relationship right now.. It works for now, but what is it they do together?.. I don't really understand for now.. Like.. Maybe Hideri could receive some reality check from Miu or something.. And Miu herself can still get man service for her inspirations.. Something like this?.. Could relationship like this work?.. I don't know, it's not your usual relationship, I guess.. I'm interested for now.. ;p
And Hideri sometimes can be both a girl, and both a boy with Miu so far.. Maybe they can become a little bit more open with each other?..
I at the same time like Hideri's character, as he's following what important in his life.. But he's also a bit egocentrical in his thinking.. I guess, maybe, he's partially like this, because not many around accept his wish to live his life as he wants?.. Well, will see, how will like him next..
lol that Hideri flies with his head ribbon in the ending.. ;p
Apr 1, 2020 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
We got another girl!
Jul 21, 2020 9:34 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A 'boku girl' finally appeared and completed all the maid characters. Shit, man, i was surprised, really. I am shocked till now with that hit right the spot! Yeah, Hideri suited the idol characters and surprised matter spot on this little show.

The other sequences kept the comedy joke as high as possible. The manager attempt to get closed to Maika was indeed another blast. While the moment between Hideri and Miu served a strong bond continued with the sweet and cute action after that. So, yeah, not so bad i watching this moeness show!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 28, 2020 3:26 AM

Aug 2018
Finaly the real SURPRISE has appeared, and oh boy does this look promising
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blend S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

169 by Rudyanto13 »»
Mar 12, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

189 by kermitpoke »»
Dec 19, 2023 11:34 AM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

70 by nanajp »»
Nov 30, 2023 6:46 PM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

103 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Blend S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

79 by nanajp »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.